Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2010-10-18, 22:48
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
It's true that CGI that you notice can ruin the filmgoing experience (except for CGI blood in Japanese films, because those fuckers never even bothered with realistic practical blood effects to begin with), the fact of the matter is that almost any film with any sort of special effects has CGI in it, and you probably don't notice it at all 90% of the time.
Can you provide any examples of instances where CGI was used but it isn't noticeable? I know that sounds like an impossible task by definition, but I've watched behind the scenes materials on DVDs and the like, and pretty much every time someone says "Oh, and that apple flying through the air? That was CGI!" as if it's a revelation when it's already obvious makes me wonder if there's any CGI which has flown under my sweet radar.

Quote:
Part of the problem is that the same films that have really good CGI tend to have at least one scene of absolutely piss-terrible CGI. This is a natural byproduct of the CGI process, and to my mind the most salient argument against the use of CGI: it would be impossible for any given CGI house to do all the CGI required of a given movie, so different sequences are farmed out to different houses, which differ wildly in terms of production quality.
I didn't know big CGI jobs were split amongst several different groups. That explains a lot. Still, with enormo-budget movies you'd expect at least a few scenes to look convincing, but they don't. So it's like "not bad CGI" and then a load of "really shit CGI" scenes.

Quote:
The reason the CGI blood in Romper Stomper looks like shit is because it was probably done as cheaply as possible, as an afterthought over a dozen years after production, and is the only piece of CGI in the whole film. It's like saying the shitty bass tone from ...And Justice for Jason is a good reason why bass should regularly be absent from the mix in album production. I also don't know that Gladiator, as opposed to say Inception, is really a good example of the current level of CGI regularly used in blockbuster films. Your argument is stacked, Ginger.
I didn't offer up Romper Stomper as an example of a CGI film, but as an example of how even a tiny little 3 second blood smudge is beyond the capabilities of CGI artists. I'm not convinced that a big budget company would have done any better, because I've yet to see a big budget movie which featured CGI that didn't piss me off.

Your argument about Justice and its bass tone is poopy-farts with a side order of slippery willies. I wasn't saying that because Romper Stomper's meagre CGI scene sucks that we should just abandon the whole concept, I was saying that even a minuscule momentary fleeting flutter of CGI is instantly noticeable. Likewise, if the bass tone in most albums sucked I'd probably say what I've said about CGI - shelve that shit until you can do it right. As it stands, most albums don't have a shitty bass reputation like Justice does whereas every CGI film I've ever seen has sucked in the effects department, which makes this entire analogy a dodgy underhanded straw-man deception, the like of which I've come to expect from Zionist bunker-dwellers and their reptilian overlords from outer space.

I haven't seen Inception, and although Gladiator is 10 years old it sucked even at the time (effects-wise, at least), because I remember sitting in the cinema feeling a pang of irritation when I realised what I was in for. Huge grainy shimmery canvases with jaggy-edged buildings on them, and the actors with a very fine aura of weirdness around their outlines when they stand in front of said canvases, and Oliver Reed's big shimmery sand-face. It's bollocks, I tells ya!

Old 2010-10-18, 22:58
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

way too long posts = did not read

aynway check out Inframan

http://www.cinemassacre.com/2010/10/13/inframan/

and now my fellaws : DISCUSS (and please also start every single post related to this film with "I hate Asians" )

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-18, 23:09
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
way too long posts = did not read
Quote:
DISCUSS
Can you give us a word limit so that we're not talking to ourselves here?

By the way, everyone better stop spelling Gomers with two Ms. It's Gomers, like Homers, not Gommers/"Gawmers" ya illiterate Boo Radley motherfuckers. HE'S MINE AND I SHALL NAME HIM AS I SEE FIT.

Old 2010-10-18, 23:33
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Can you give us a word limit so that we're not talking to ourselves here?

stop bitching you bitching bitch
u know it`s just too late to read long posts. ..

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-18, 23:46
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I was bitching, true. I'm a bitch, sure. But a bitching bitch? Sir, you go TOO FAR.

Ahhhh c'mere ya wee fucker

Old 2010-10-19, 00:37
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
I was bitching, true. I'm a bitch, sure. But a bitching bitch? Sir, you go TOO FAR.

Ahhhh c'mere ya wee fucker

It could probably be the 1.5l of energy drink I just drank to work for school all night or I`m really falling in love with you.
And now please be so kind and write 5 pages about fascists and communists in the UK in the time between 1920 - 1945

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-19, 03:34
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Ah, but the thing is, it's not as though anybody who's actually good at the stuff is going to be brought in to put a trickle of blood on the forehead of somebody in the DVD re-release of Romper Stomper.

Since we're going by old things as well as new, I'll say that Terminator 2 had, and still has, some very convincing CGI, and that doing the same practically would have been more or less impossible. Compare it to some of the CGI from about the same time period in, say, Twin Peaks and you'll see what I mean. Which is more or less my point about Gladiator: you're very obviously cherry-picking bad CGI when your argument would become much stronger if you actually picked out good CGI.

Aside from that, you have probably been fooled by CGI in any number of establishing shots or camera pull-backs, 'helicopter shots' and what have you. Even more action sequences than seem to be accomplished by CGI are actually accomplished by CGI. The point is this: good CGI, at least of the type you seem to be asking for, doesn't draw attention to itself and isn't really noticeable enough for there to be good 'examples' of it.

Though to be honest most of the best instances of CGI are probably the most obvious, such as the monster from The Host, Gollum from Lord of the Rings, and King Kong from ... that movie whose name I can't recall from a few years ago. LOTR and King Kong both feature incredibly bad CGI sequences, but when it comes to the central characters the CGI is remarkably good, and capable of accomplishing much more than a guy in a suit would have. At that level of accomplishment, it's really just sour grapes - or, more favorably, personal preference - that would cause you to say it's not as good as practical effects. It's never going to look the same, but if you can't see the artistry in CGI on that level you're just being stubborn.

Now, whether or not the films themselves are very good is somewhat irrelevant to this discussion. Making the film with practical effects wouldn't make it any better, though.

In general, you'll get good CGI when you've got a director who's actually invested in using it, rather than using it as an expedient. Hence the reason that James Cameron gave us one of the best examples of good CGI almost 20 years ago.

Old 2010-10-19, 12:18
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I offered Gladiator as an example because it was the first one I thought of haha, I didn't choose it because it was particularly bad, CGI-wise. District 9 was pretty CGI heavy, and it's pretty modern, but at no point did I ever feel as if the aliens or their spacecraft were anything other than CGI; I clocked that shit immediately (in the case of the spacecraft I guess there was little chance of it being a physical model). It's probably some of the best CGI I've seen to date, but that's not saying much when I can still instantly spot it.

The sort of CGI you're talking about is fine by me, where you're basically splicing things together, touching things up or deleting certain things from the screen, etc. I can spot that shit sometimes, but if it's done right it can be pretty effective, and there's no reason I can see why it can't be done right if the requisite time and resources are given to the task. Gollum is an example of where CGI just doesn't work, regardless of the time/money/resources dedicated to it, and that's the kind of shit I'm talking about. Computer generated imagery, as opposed to simply using a computer for editing and superimposition or whatever. When whole sections of what we're seeing on-screen are generated entirely on computers it never, ever looks right. Worst of all is when an entire character is CGed, because the appearance isn't the only hurdle the designers face, it's also the animation and the facial expressions, which always look hackneyed.

I think practical effects in place of CGI could indeed make a film better - or at least more watchable - if only marginally. If there's less chance of me being distracted/irritated that can only make the experience a more positive one. The film itself might still suck, but I think expunging the crappy CGI from it might soften our aversion somewhat. It'd be one less thing for us to dislike about the film.

Terminator 2 had some bitchin' effects for its time, and I think this movie gets a pass (from handsome fuckers like me) because it was almost like a showcase for what CGI was capable of at the time it was made, and the effects were the main point of discussion when the movie was released. Because everyone was talking about how advanced it was we were actively looking for it for the entire movie and waiting to be wowed, so there was little chance of anyone complaining about it in the ways I have been in this thread ("I can see the strings!"). There was never any doubt that computers, and not make-up artists, were producing the effects we were seeing, but it didn't matter because that was the whole point. I don't think T2's effects have withstood the ravages of time, though.

Quote:
It could probably be the 1.5l of energy drink I just drank to work for school all night or I`m really falling in love with you.
I've got 1.5 litres of love for you right here baby

Quote:
And now please be so kind and write 5 pages about fascists and communists in the UK in the time between 1920 - 1945
I don't think I could manage 5 pages, I mean my posts on this forum are rarely longer than two or three sentences!

/lol

Last edited by Paddy : 2010-10-19 at 14:23.

Old 2010-10-19, 15:02
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=24651

Oh boy.

Clive Barker recently stated that he's interested in writing and directing the remake himself. I doubt they'll let him, but that'd be the only way this movie could have any credibility.

Old 2010-10-19, 16:35
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:

BAHAHAHAHAHA if they do it this movie will be hilarious!!

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-10-19, 19:39
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=24651

Oh boy.

Clive Barker recently stated that he's interested in writing and directing the remake himself. I doubt they'll let him, but that'd be the only way this movie could have any credibility.

The words "piss off" spring to mind. With the risk of sounding like an angsty magnificent stranger wannabe, this is exactly the mistake a lot of mainstream people do when trying to fish in the metal waters. It's not supposed to be relateable. The aim is not for everyone being friends in the end. The point is not to fit the audience's preconception. When I see Pinhead, I wanna feel the fear of the chains rattling down my neck. I want the horror of evil triumphing mashed into my face. I want the dirty, greedy little corners of the human existence, the ones that allow Mr. P and the cenos to enter this world, explored in all their gritty detail. I want to hate Pinhead but at the same time be forced to acknowledge that now and again he has a good point, he is a symbol of intellectual, sadistic evil.
So, the above was instead of me going out and hitting something real hard with a sledgehammer. I'm so boring at times.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2010-10-24, 22:50
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Speaking of Pinheads. Yay!! Freaks (1932) is going to be on October 31 on Turner Classic Movies at 6:15 am ET. If you freaks ain't seen it yet, you have to!

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2010-11-28, 10:51
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Does anyone know why the cigarette rolling and lighting scene was truncated for the DVD release of Freaks? The first time I saw the film was on TV soon after the ban was lifted, and I saw the Human Torso roll the cigarette as well as light it but the DVD I bought doesn't contain the rolling part. According to Wikipedia the rolling seen exists but wasn't included on any "commercial" release. Why the fuck not? That was what made the scene so significant. I reckon even I could light a cigarette without using my hands!

I don't think the footage could have been lost or damaged, because like I say I saw it on the telly, so there must exist somewhere a complete version of the scene.

Bobbi, did they show the rolling of the cigarette on TCM in October?

Old 2010-11-28, 18:03
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

bthoom, I didn't have my tape wound back far enough unfortunately. I remember I did see it the first time I saw it. Maybe there's a couple versions floating around.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2010-12-02, 13:26
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Nell is the funniest film I've ever seen. Jodie "Tay Inna Ween" Foster and Liam "I Can Does Am Americam Accemt" Neeson should become a double act. Either that or die of cancer, I'm easy.

YouTube that shit.

Old 2010-12-11, 16:39
Amadeus
Quantum.

So, I just saw the movie Re-animator from 1985. Well, kinda, I just sometimes like to keep a movie running in the background when studying. And yes, I'm going to be a scientist. Be very afraid.

Anyhow, I found myself just sitting and staring in a kind of awe at the last ten minutes or so. Point is, I do pride myself on having an active and creative imagination, but never, ever, do I think I would be able to come up with a tentacle made out of entrails slinging out of a persons stomach to strangle someone, all the while the cracked rib cage is flinging like the old cliche western bar doors. This following a re-animated, decapitated, corpse tongue raping a naked woman strapped to a dissection table. Did I mention that said corpse used the re-animated, and subsequently lobotomized, corpse of the woman's father to kidnap her? He did, you know.
And here's the thing, why I keep watching these movies - I want to know who the fuck thinks these types of things up. And where exactly do you draw the line between entertainer and someone to be locked up for sanitary reasons?

Someday I plan to throw a party with body part themed food.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

Old 2010-12-11, 16:56
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Old 2010-12-11, 17:01
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Someday I plan to throw a party with body part themed food.

Go re-read Pizza Of Terror in the poetry/lyric forum. Maybe you'll get some ideas. I was asked to bring finger food to a party on Wednesday and I asked how many fingers I should bring. If I can whittle a few carrots into those I might do that just for fun. Probably give someone a heart attack since I'm about the youngest there.

Old 2010-12-11, 17:40
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
I was asked to bring finger food to a party on Wednesday...
Remember the big misunderstanding which arose when you were invited to a party in Jonestown and you brought your special Kool-Aid?

Amadeus, have you seen The Thing? I haven't seen Re-Animator, but some of the imagery you described reminded me of The Thing bigtime. Chests creaking open and tentacles garrotting people and the like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TevQS4qgE_Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3I2rDZAJQg

Old 2010-12-12, 02:32
Amadeus
Quantum.

Yep, I've seen it. Actually, I've stocked up pretty damn well on those types of movies, merely for the sake of said fascination. I honestly, as a general rule, don't like 'em. Usually I'm just bored, sometimes a slight tad irritated, extremely seldom a little bit disturbed. It's the same kind of fascination that might induce me to bring some equipment just to measure how much energy you could harness from the stream floating by my parent's farm.

Hellraiser being, for some reason, an exception.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2011-01-03, 11:25
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Pete Postlethwaite - the only actor to have ever done a convincing Northern Irish accent - died yesterday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Postlethwaite

Besides In the Name of the Father, The Usual Suspects and the British TV series Sharpe I don't remember seeing much of him, but the little I did see of him clearly left an impression otherwise I wouldn't bother mentioning his death.

Old 2011-01-04, 00:41
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Pete Postlethwaite - the only actor to have ever done a convincing Northern Irish accent - died yesterday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Postlethwaite

Besides In the Name of the Father, The Usual Suspects and the British TV series Sharpe I don't remember seeing much of him, but the little I did see of him clearly left an impression otherwise I wouldn't bother mentioning his death.

Yea, I heard about that guy dying. Sucks. Didn't know his name really, just recognize him from a few movies. He was also an Irish mobster in The Town, or just Town..whatever it was.

Just watched Videodrome. It was an entertaining movie. Seemed like it kinda ended abruptly without really telling you what was happening, but I kinda like that part about it. Fortunately, doesn't seem like anyone made a sequel, and don't think it would work if they did. The movie is from 1983, so it would have to be some random asshole if anyone took a stab at it.

Old 2011-01-11, 14:01
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

There's a new 2 hour documentary out about Lemmy called "Lemmy", featuring Lemmy. I was quite excited to see it despite hating Motörhead and unkempt bassists, but after about 5 minutes you've seen the entire fuckin' movie. A summary:

* Lemmy is the biggest influence on every metaller that's ever existed after Lemmy's first album, and will continue to influence metallers for the next 3 or 4 thousand years.

* Every band interviewed about Lemmy essentially said the same thing: "I'd like to suck Lemmy's cock, and I'd like for him to tell me how shit I am in comparison to him, a criticism I'd gladly agree with what with Lemmy being better than me and everyone else by definition." The weirdest thing is, I know for a fact that many of these guys have their own fathers.

* Lemmy is so REAL! He's so fucking REAL! He says it like it is and doesn't no take shit from nobody no how, but he's actually a lovely guy if you get to know him and he quite likes one of his sons.

* He's definitely NOT a Nazi, he just likes the uniforms, knives and tanks.

* He has a special boot-maker who makes his boots to his hand-drawn specifications.

* He can't cook chips (fries).

* Lemmy's favourite bands and biggest influences are The Beatles, Buddy Holly and Little Richard, and he prefers to listen to them in mono.

* He drinks a lot, and on numerous occasions has drank more than other people who were drinking with him at the same time. Sometimes his drinking and drug abuse got in the way of stuff he had to do.

* He understands women in ways most people don't by his unique and novel approach to learning about them - by not being anywhere near them for more than a day or so.

There, you just saved yourself 2 fuckin' hours.

Old 2011-01-11, 14:30
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That's harsh. That bad, eh?

Old 2011-01-11, 14:46
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
The Town

The trailer for that movie looks awesome, I love mob movies/mob based movies.

Movies I've Currently Watched and must give an A+ to(Watched within the past week):

Road to Perdition(2002) - How in hell did I ever miss this? I never thought Tom Hanks could pull it off, him in a mob movie. He proved me wrong. It's worth the watch guys.

Donnie Brasco(1997) - Was a good watch, Johnny Dep proved him self with Al Pacino in this. It's about Donnie Brasco the FBI agent who got into the mob.

Raging Bull(1980) - Robert De Niro was the main actor in this flick. It was good but at the same time odd. About a boxers life during the 1930-40's.

The Expendables - Takes me back to the old 1980's real men only watch this flick. Sylvester Stallone help direct/make this movie and I know we have all seen the previews lately. It has all old and new school action guys.

Movies I'm going to watch:
Shutter Island(2009-2010)
Carlito's Way (1993)
On The Waterfront (1954)
State Of Grace(1990)

I also watched another movie this week and it gets and F stay away from it everyone:

Resident Evil After Life - Horrible, really at one point the franchise was going good, the movie's were actually decent action flicks. This right here turned an A list movie into a B list movie, even lower than that at some points. While watching it you get the sense there was never a true plot, and that its the same old same old, trust me there was no reinventing the wheel with this movie. Stick with the video game franchise....

Last edited by Pr0az : 2011-01-11 at 14:53.

Old 2011-01-11, 15:10
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
That's harsh. That bad, eh?
Not necessarily "bad". It's certainly not bad if you've never seen this kind of documentary before and if you also love Lemmy, but that's where the problem lies - I have seen films like this before, and they're invariably made of the same wretched circle-jerking shite. It's not so much a documentary as a propaganda film, you know? I feel icky when I watch people get on their knees and present their keen faces like big smiling cum-buckets (figuratively speaking of course; I quite like when they do it for real) and I feel like I've been conned into watching a series of eulogies about a still-living dick.

FUCK! I just remembered, there actually IS a eulogy about Lemmy from one of the interviewees, who says something like "when he does die I imagine we won't be sad about the loss, we'll instead just get together and remember the good times we had" and the fucker looks like he's on the verge of tears as he says it. Jesus fuck, I wouldn't even say that sort of shit about my own family whom I love dearly.

Old 2011-01-11, 15:46
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Carlito's way is certified badass.

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.

Old 2011-01-11, 17:25
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Whatever you do don't watch the prequel. Seriously, you'll get cancer.

Old 2011-01-11, 17:47
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Whatever you do don't watch the prequel. Seriously, you'll get cancer.

So I didn't know there was a prequel until your post. Looked it up and ones I saw P Diddy starred in it I would never even watch it.

Old 2011-01-11, 20:30
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I actually downloaded it accidentally thinking it was the original, but I decided to stick with it anyway, I had fuck-all else to watch. I made it about 15 minutes in, at which point my balls started to melt. Jay Hercuntez should stick to being tortured by Eastern Bloc psychopaths, at least in Hostel the audience gets rewarded by watching the fucker weep and bleed.

Gummo is an interesting film. Unfortunately it wasn't interesting enough to warrant a more substantive comment, except that it confirms my point that that blonde lassie whom everyone seems to think is hawt looks like she was talent-scouted from the front window of a green grocer's.

Old 2011-01-12, 07:14
Requiem
Post-whore

The Town was definitely a good film. Saw it in theaters. For some reason it reminded me of Taken.

Watched Black Swan last night. It was fucking amazing, enjoyed it much more than The Fountain or The Wrestler. Though, I'm not looking forward to Darren's next film. :/

Old 2011-01-12, 15:16
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
The Town was definitely a good film. Saw it in theaters. For some reason it reminded me of Taken.

Watched Black Swan last night. It was fucking amazing, enjoyed it much more than The Fountain or The Wrestler. Though, I'm not looking forward to Darren's next film. :/

Weird trailer. Sorta seemed like a chick flick, but then not. I'll check it out and give a review, good post.

Old 2011-01-13, 15:23
Amadeus
Quantum.

Just caught Planet Terror. Well, I was entertained. I especially like the way the director and special effects department manage to create a universe where the human body is held together by staples, chewing gum and a fuckload of cool things to spray the surrounding countryside with.
Shelton and McGowan both looking irresistibly alluring, in their varying states of progressing psychosis and evolving crusdermal offensive capabilities, respectively. I always find women dishing out heaps of lead and pain in horror movies so much more inspiring than the ones screaming and getting rescued/horribly slaughtered. Granted, the pain pumping ones also get horribly slaughtered, now and then, but at least I feel like I can sympathize with the splatter of zombie feed instead of just feeling the usual boredom creep like premature necrosis through my brain.
It had Bruce Willis in it too. Can't go wrong with that. [Image of Willis in a pink rabbit costume skips by] OK, you can go wrong with that, but I think they installed GPS for this movie.
Oh yea, props to Rodriguez for having a kid shoot himself in the face, make it blatantly obvious that the kid was going to shoot himself in the face, and have me be pretty OK with it. Damn did that brat manage to establish himself as fucking annoying in an impressively short time span.

I was entertained, and felt a bit inspired. /Rant.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2011-01-13, 16:42
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Due Date was horrible, I watched it a few weeks ago on megavideo, and I was driving today and remembered how bad it was. Pretty much just a knock off of Cars, Trains, Planes or whatever it was called.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2011-01-13, 17:23
Pr0az
Post-whore

So we get a letter at work today from our ISP. Says "Stop downloading movies with bit torrent", guess my movie days are over.....

Old 2011-01-13, 17:58
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
So we get a letter at work today from our ISP. Says "Stop downloading movies with bit torrent", guess my movie days are over.....
Haha shit man, that's not good. I got a letter about 8 or 9 years ago and haven't gotten one since. Do you take any precautions when you download shit? My letter was specifically about the Mickey Rourke movie "Angel Heart". A good film, but if I'm gonna get busted I'd rather it was for something with a little more prestige, like Spaceballs.

I highly recommend Usenet if you don't already use it. It's anonymous (mostly) and the only people who are in any danger of getting busted are the guys who upload the shit and run the websites. It's not Peer-to-Peer, so there are no snooping movie companies making notes of your IP address and the websites themselves don't keep logs. The only downside is that it's not free, but it's like a month's subscription for the price of a single DVD or album, and you always download at your maximum connection speed. Not too shabby.

Old 2011-01-14, 09:34
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Haha shit man, that's not good. I got a letter about 8 or 9 years ago and haven't gotten one since. Do you take any precautions when you download shit? My letter was specifically about the Mickey Rourke movie "Angel Heart". A good film, but if I'm gonna get busted I'd rather it was for something with a little more prestige, like Spaceballs.

I highly recommend Usenet if you don't already use it. It's anonymous (mostly) and the only people who are in any danger of getting busted are the guys who upload the shit and run the websites. It's not Peer-to-Peer, so there are no snooping movie companies making notes of your IP address and the websites themselves don't keep logs. The only downside is that it's not free, but it's like a month's subscription for the price of a single DVD or album, and you always download at your maximum connection speed. Not too shabby.

Really I thought it was sorta "safe", but shit happens, I was kind of getting ballsy with it before leaving work downloading like 5-7gigs worth of a movies at night. Not to mention the guy in the other room was doing the same. Our ISP might have noticed our high volume of downloads and went WTF?

Thanks for the Usenet info I'll be sure to check in on it.

The guy in the other room didn't have one of his movies flagged. It was all me "Harry Potter the new one" and "True Grit" got me busted.

You mind PMing me a link to Usenet?

Last edited by Pr0az : 2011-01-14 at 09:41.

Old 2011-01-14, 11:09
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Details in the Computer Software & Hardware thread

Old 2011-02-09, 14:04
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I just watched one of the best grief porn documentaries I've ever seen. If you know nothing about the story and the people involved don't read up about it, just watch the film first, because even a brief synopsis might inadvertently deflate the effect of the film beforehand. And be sure to watch it all the way through, because I was considering turning it off assuming it to be a typical "murdered friend memorial tearfest" but I was actually saying "fuuuuuuuuck me" out loud at several points later in the film. The film is Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father, aka Your Father's Murderer: A Letter to Zachary. It's basically a film addressed to the newborn child (Zachary) of a murdered man with interviews with the victim's family and friends, all in aid of giving the kid some idea of who his dad was, because obliviously he'll never meet him. That's all you need to know, so watch it before researching it any further.

I also recently watched Grizzly Man, another documentary about some dead cunt made by Werner Herzog. In this case the guy pretty much had it coming. Fucking prick. A good film, though; tastefully done, if a little bit heavy on the "ain't living life to the max just swell?" ickiness. I was rather pleased that Herzog resisted the urge to play the audio tape which captured the man's brutal death for everyone to hear, even though I would love to hear it myself, but pretty much any other hack director would have mortgaged his house if he could use the cash to have the tape played in the film, so kudos to Herzy McHerz. The most interesting aspect of the film, however, is how Herzog relates to the dead fucker on the level of a fellow film-maker. You can see this film on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFyaiqDXD2U

Old 2011-02-09, 14:47
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
I also recently watched Grizzly Man, another documentary about some dead cunt made by Werner Herzog. In this case the guy pretty much had it coming. Fucking prick. A good film, though; tastefully done, if a little bit heavy on the "ain't living life to the max just swell?" ickiness. I was rather pleased that Herzog resisted the urge to play the audio tape which captured the man's brutal death for everyone to hear, even though I would love to hear it myself, but pretty much any other hack director would have mortgaged his house if he could use the cash to have the tape played in the film, so kudos to Herzy McHerz. The most interesting aspect of the film, however, is how Herzog relates to the dead fucker on the level of a fellow film-maker. You can see this film on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFyaiqDXD2U

I finally caught that one a few months back and I enjoyed it too. I felt the film gave some incredible insight into the fucked-up mind of whats-his-face. Also agreed that, as much as I'd like to hear that footage, I respect that decision to not release it to the public. It must be fucking brutal.

Been on a Hitchcock binge recently as I got a bunch for Christmas, I think about 5 or 6 in all. I've seen a few of them already but I hadn't seen Rear Window which I watched the other night. It was fucking great. His ability to shoot an entire movie in one small room yet keep it fascinating and artistic is so awesome.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-02-09, 15:35
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I really want to get into the Hitchcock-era greats, but every time I try I'm immediately repelled by the extremely cunty acting of that period. It's invariably hammier than Kermit's cock and is just so irritating that I find it nearly impossible to watch without consciously adopting a "must persevere out of respect for its historical significance" mindset, which is something I'd rather not do outside of a classroom. I sometimes wish I wasn't such a fuckwit.

Old 2011-02-09, 16:02
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I quite like the acting from that era, especially some of the stronger male leads. Yeah, it can seem a bit over-dramatic sometimes, but, whatever, as long as I don't feel like I'm watching a high school rendition of The Crucible.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2011-02-09 at 16:04.

Old 2011-02-09, 17:12
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I don't usually mind low-rent acting, but the extremely overblown melodrama of pre-60s cinema - which is admittedly a period in which escapism was what everyone was after - is too thick for me to penetrate. Or rather, I'm too thick for it to penetrate.

I've been thinking about Dear Zachary awhile since I posted about it, and I think my characterisation of it as grief porn is actually pretty fair. If you read the reviews of the film (don't until you've seen it) you'll generally read shit like "Need a good cry? Rent Dear Zachary!".

The film is receiving accolades all over the place and the accolades apparently stem from two things. The first is the fact that it's pretty upsetting to watch, and you can't help but tear up over it. Presumably evoking this kind of reaction from viewers is evidence of fine film-making, as opposed to simply showing dozens of people weeping on-screen one after the other. The second is the way the director has staged each part of the documentary; he doesn't just tell you what happened to his friend, he instead sets it up in such a way that it's like you're watching a twist movie. You learn things that you weren't expecting, and it's presented very cinematically, as if it's fiction and you're being kept on the edge of your seat. The director wants to make you as upset and teary as possible by continually pulling the rug from under you. Which is fine, and it's effective, but I think it cheapens the reality of these people's lives and their harrowing story a great deal. It's transparently sensationalised, in other words.

The purpose of the film - beyond providing a memorial for the victim so that his son will know something of him - has been to have certain bail laws changed, so I can understand the reasoning behind making it as explosive as possible, but I still feel as if I've indulged in some high quality grief porn, and now I feel dirty and manipulated, so much so that I need to go and have a wank.

Old 2011-02-09, 17:26
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Yeah, I don't think I'll be seeing that one.

Give Hitchcock another go. You don't even enjoy Psycho?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-02-10, 20:18
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Just saw the corniest, most awesome 80's horror/comedy called Terrorvision. It's total trash in the best way possible. It's about this alien who comes out of the TV to devour everything, and they tame it by listening to metal.

Old 2011-02-10, 20:58
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Are you serious? That sounds fucking awesome! Youtubing now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxkELa9w2j4

"THIS DUDE'S INTO METAL!"
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2011-02-10 at 21:01.

Old 2011-02-11, 03:08
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Hahaha I love how the trailer is just like "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" about the whole time

R.I.P moe

Old 2011-02-11, 08:59
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Oh and Paddy, have you watched North by Northwest yet? Aside from Psycho, that was my favorite film of his. It's pretty long, but a great watch.

Old 2011-02-11, 11:08
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Are you serious? That sounds fucking awesome! Youtubing now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxkELa9w2j4

"THIS DUDE'S INTO METAL!"

haha wow. Not sure if I could make it through that

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2011-02-11, 13:46
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
Oh and Paddy, have you watched North by Northwest yet? Aside from Psycho, that was my favorite film of his. It's pretty long, but a great watch.

North by Northwest is also fucking great. Along with Vertigo its among my favorite Hitchycocks. I love his taste in women, too.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-02-11, 15:00
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
haha wow. Not sure if I could make it through that

You'd think that it would just be painful and bad but in a weird way it's a really compelling movie, it didn't really drag in the same way that a lot of B-movies do.

Old 2011-02-11, 16:00
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

I'll take your word. It looks like it'll disturb me and give me nightmares. Show me any modern horror movie out in theaters and I'll be fine. Show me an 80s horror B-Movie and you'll have me traumatized for days...

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2011-02-11, 16:27
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Then never watch Basket Case. A guy carriers around his abomination of a conjoined twin that was cut from him around in a basket and has it murder the doctors that did it.

Oh yeah, it rapes a chick at the end.

<3
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2011-02-11 at 16:30.

Old 2011-02-12, 14:36
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Wow...

You should have seen my blank stare of fascination the entire time I was watching that sucking on hard-candy.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2011-02-12, 16:09
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
Then never watch Basket Case. A guy carriers around his abomination of a conjoined twin that was cut from him around in a basket and has it murder the doctors that did it.

Oh yeah, it rapes a chick at the end.

<3

That. Is. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Four Words: Hobo With a Shotgun

Old 2011-02-12, 23:54
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

I remember seeing that trailer. It first showed up in Grindhouse right? As a fake trailer? Now I believe they are making it a full-length film. Definitely want to see that lol.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2011-02-13, 05:09
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:

made my day. thank you

Edit:

Quote:
Four Words: Hobo With a Shotgun

BAAAAAAHAHHAAHHAHAAAHAHHA

R.I.P moe

Last edited by Gomli : 2011-02-13 at 05:12.

Old 2011-02-15, 01:15
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
I remember seeing that trailer. It first showed up in Grindhouse right? As a fake trailer? Now I believe they are making it a full-length film. Definitely want to see that lol.

That is correct. Now I must wait for Werewolf Women of the SS hahaha! OH and did you know that Machete made a cameo in Spy Kids??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSpFSMCjYHI

Old 2011-02-15, 02:30
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I like it better when he repels from people's intenses.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-03-02, 19:44
Amadeus
Quantum.

A review of a fun little one-hour experience I saw a few years ago; a friend of mine had got hold of it, don't ask me how. What I recall is the confusion. And the question... why?
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vi.../24458-hardgore

- Carl Sagan

Old 2011-03-03, 07:57
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

why do movies like hostel exist?
if all those tiny wannabe-hard bastards would see a person getting tortured in real life they would just fade or die of a heart attack
DEATH METAL!!!1

R.I.P moe

Old 2011-03-04, 12:16
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
why do movies like hostel exist?
if all those tiny wannabe-hard bastards would see a person getting tortured in real life they would just fade or die of a heart attack
DEATH METAL!!!1

Guessing they make good money

I don't need those movies. my dreams are so hardcore, last night I was smashing some chick's head with a hammer. it was actually really fucked up and I didn't like it.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2011-03-10, 12:11
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

lol I hate when i have fucked up dreams and just wake up thinking... why??

I bet some people really like fucked up dreams. I've never had a dream about fucking dead babies But I bet people have.

MY WEBSITE!

Last edited by JoeYngVai : 2011-03-10 at 12:14.

Old 2011-03-10, 13:17
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I've had a dream where I was abusing a baby and I woke up feeling literally sick. I've had a few other's where I remember waking up feeling the same but I can't remember the content. I'm still trying to wake up and shake that feeling from fucking Chris' mom last night but I'm afraid it really happened. WHAT HAVE I DONE?! I CAN'T GET THE TASTE OF PURPLE DRANK OFF MY LIIPS!!!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-03-10, 16:32
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

MMM... it's purple. The ingredients, of course, are sugar, water, and purple. I love Dave Chappele.

I've had very few disturbing dreams. I mean, I've had a ton of what people might call nightmares, but none of them really frightened me terribly. Most of them involve me being stabbed to death by some extremely angry man or repeatedly envenomated by various snakes, but none of those dreams leave me with a panicked or terrified feeling. I honestly feel annoyed both during the dreams and when I wake up later, almost like, "why the fuck are you stabbing me, asshole?" or "letting that snake bite me once, fine, but how could I be so stupid to let it get me THREE times?!"

On the other hand, I have been absolutely terrified in much more benign, stupid dreams. One dream I was standing on small, rocky outcrop in the middle of the Taunton River in Weir Village. For some reason, I was overcome with terror in this scenario. I was about 19 when I had that one, and the scenario was very vivid and quite close to how the area really looked back then.

Just a couple of months ago, I had another extremely vivid one. I awoke to the sound of my bedroom door opening and yelled, "get the fuck out, Bella" at my brother's extremely ugly dog. I roll over all look up and there is this 50ish year old white guy, very tall, about 6'5 or 6'6", with a lanky build. He was reaching up to my filing cabinet for a can of antiperspirant while also heading toward me to bash me over the head with it. I reached for a machete that I sleep with (platonic, of course) and he scrambled to get out of my room and down the stairs. The scary part was that I tried so hard to get out of bed and catch him and just couldn't do anything further than sit up. I woke up a few minutes later. The thing that made that dream so scary was that everything in it was 100% real except the 50 yr. old guy. The layout of my bedroom, the antiperspirant, my filing cabinet, the machete on my bed... all 100% real and exactly as they look in real life. As comparison, most of my dreams are 100% fantastic and unrealistic and involves very little of my real life.

I've only had one dream where I might have killed someone else. I was abnormally young for such a dream and the thing that stands out about it the most is how much it fit with things I would later learn about the way people kill each other. At this point I had never listened to death metal, saw a horror movie, read books about serial murder, or watched tons of true story forensic investigation shows. I had little to go on and it was quite realistic. I didn't actually kill the person anywhere in the dream, but it was always assumed by me that I was responsible.

Old 2011-03-11, 01:55
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I can't believe for one second that Rezendes would have a dream in which he is bitten by a snake and then ISN'T bestowed with super powers.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2011-03-11, 03:44
Amadeus
Quantum.

Honestly, I think every description I've ever heard of bad dreams falls short of one I had a year or so ago. It went like this:
I woke up, for real. Then I almost instantly went back to sleep, but didn't realize. Instead I dreamt that I started getting up. Just before sitting up, I woke up for real again. Rinse and repeat. Over and over and over. And somewhere around the third inning I actually realized what was going on, but it was like trying to cold start a car with a bad battery, I couldn't break the loop, wake up, get my body to obey anything I told it to do. Instead it was just this constant motion of trying to get up and feeling like something kept pulling me back. It wasn't until I quite forcefully managed to roll/throw myself out of bed and hit the floor that it stopped. FUCK.

But, back to thread. Want good fodder for dreams? Take a look-see through Bruno Mattei's filmography. It's not that it's scary, but it's... strange. Like, after watching one of 'em you almost wish you were catholic so you could go tell someone that you saw it, and that you're sorry.
SS-girls is pretty entertaining, though, kind of. You sure will know what a swastika looks afterwards.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2011-03-11, 14:12
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
I can't believe for one second that Rezendes would have a dream in which he is bitten by a snake and then ISN'T bestowed with super powers.

I thought everyone that is black was bitten by a snake and was marked by Satan as one of his own?

Quote:
SS-girls is pretty entertaining, though, kind of. You sure will know what a swastika looks afterwards.

Haha, I googled "ss-girls" to see a preview and I found this. "Private House of the SS". Don't worry if you forget the title, it only randomly appears about 15 times throughout the boob-infested preview.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2011-03-11 at 14:18.

Old 2011-03-11, 14:40
Amadeus
Quantum.

Yea, lots of naked girls and nazis killing nazis. And an almost constant state of staring at the screen and asking "Why would you ever..."

His mondo movies though. Those are the pinnacle of his... something or other.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2011-03-13, 15:24
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I had a dream that I had been shot, but in the dream I was my current age remembering being shot as a kid, and I was looking at the old scar and thinking back on the incident. When I woke up I was so convinced by it that I checked for the scar, and then I remembered that bullets wounds are things only sissies and Iraqis get.

When I was a kid I had several dreams about my dad murdering me. There was one where he had a huge red wrench and was chasing me through a derelict house to bludgeon me to death, and I climbed onto the burnt-out roof to hide from him, and my younger brother and mum were standing on the grass outside pleading for him to stop, then I woke up. I think that particular dream means I'm going to win the lottery at some point. Either that or I'm feeling a lot of guilt for wanting to eat my mother's pussy and it manifested itself as a dream about my dad savagely deepthroating me with his massive, beetroot-red erection.

Movies...something about movies...

Old 2011-03-14, 12:19
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

We're due two movies this year about Richard Kuklinski, aka The Iceman. One starring Mickey Rourke and the other starring Michael Shannon in the lead role. There's a screen test for the Shannon version here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArrcnjJgy88

Looks promising. Not much info on the Rourke one, though.

Old 2011-03-14, 14:44
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Oh yeah? Well I had a dream where I murdered a girl I went to boarding school with. I decapitated her and put the head in a garbage bag and buried it in the soccer field. When I woke up in the morning at first I thought I had really killed her because the dream was so real. Couldn't shake the feeling of "Oh fuck what am I going to do" for a couple minutes. I can't remember if I killed her in the dream because I thought she was a demon, or if I killed her for a satanic ritual to summon a demon.

Old 2011-03-14, 15:13
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

You gotta stop eating those dodgy cookies Bobbi's been sending you.

Old 2011-03-14, 16:29
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Hey, I saw that. I wouldn't do that to anyone.

Old 2011-03-15, 02:25
Amadeus
Quantum.

You do realize everyone considered Pizza of Terror a documentary, right?

- Carl Sagan

Old 2011-03-15, 10:42
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Hey, I saw that.
Saw what? I didn't do nuthin'!

Quote:
Nah, you're thinking of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Old 2011-03-15, 14:35
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

When I was 4 or 5 I went as a Killer Tomato for Halloween. My mother made the custom. I was awesome.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-03-15, 14:41
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Oh really? Was that before or after the Halloween where you saved up all of your sister's DIY abortions and wore them like some sort of Aztec head-hunter? Killer Tomato my arse - thems was your extended family.

Heh, head-hunter. AREN'T WE ALL?

Old 2011-03-15, 14:54
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:

One of my favorites. Hope he's doing well, too.

Old 2011-03-15, 16:41
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
Nah, you're thinking of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Nope, I'm most definitely thinking of Tripple-X's self biography:
http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24903&highlight=FINALLY!+I+present+pizzaofterror

OH YES, I still have it stored safe and sound in me browser's history folder. And should that ever be lost, there's a copy here. On one of my unconnected computers. IT WILL NEVER GO AWAY!

- Carl Sagan

Old 2011-03-19, 02:13
blitz906
Okay.

Last week The Big Lebowski was playing on some movie channel. I decided to watch it (I had never seen it before) but I only got to see 20 minutes of it because I had to go out. From what I saw it seemed like a pretty funny film. Is it worth seeing in its entirety?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2011-03-19, 03:50
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Yeah, its a great. Definitely worth seeing the entire thing so rent or download it. Its one of those movies that I've seen at least 10 times and never get bored of it. Whenever its on I always watch it.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-03-19, 09:47
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
Last week The Big Lebowski was playing on some movie channel. I decided to watch it (I had never seen it before) but I only got to see 20 minutes of it because I had to go out. From what I saw it seemed like a pretty funny film. Is it worth seeing in its entirety?

Yeah, its a classic, watch it. I thought it was just alright, but don't let that deter you.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2011-03-19, 12:28
blitz906
Okay.

Awesome. Yeah I'll definitely rent it the next time I'm near a video shop. I don't download films, only because I hate watching them on my computer lol.
Quote:
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2011-03-19, 13:03
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
Awesome. Yeah I'll definitely rent it the next time I'm near a video shop. I don't download films, only because I hate watching them on my computer lol.

I usually like watching movies/shows on my computer because if I get bored I can fuck around on some website. And I don't have a TV or any furniture, would be nice one day though. Instead of getting junk food residue on my keyboard and my cock, it would just be my cock, and who gives a fuck what that thing smells like right?

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2011-03-19, 13:49
blitz906
Okay.

Haha. Just remember, never get a tube of Bengay mixed up with a tube of lube if the lights are off, or this will be your face.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2011-03-19, 14:18
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I hate watching movies on my computer, too. Maybe if I had a better set up/bigger screen it'd be alright but fuck that.

Alright, so what really happens when you put Bengay on balls? Just burns?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-03-19, 14:58
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

No man, it feels amazing. You should buy some and try it. The rage is from how good it feels.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2011-03-21, 04:10
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Bengay is for pussies. Your should be using Tiger Balm for your testicular needs.

Old 2011-03-21, 04:50
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
No man, it feels amazing. You should buy some and try it. The rage is from how good it feels.

Yeah Dyldo, try it. Be sure to film your reaction so we can all see how much you enjoyed it
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2011-04-13, 06:30
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Hobo with a Shotgun wasn't bad. Pretty funny, and plenty of over-the-top gore. It's another one of those movies that started out as a fake trailer which played during the opening of the Grindhouse movies, just like Machete. Rutger Hauer plays the eponymous hobo, but pretty much everyone else is a relative unknown. Worth watching.

Old 2011-04-14, 22:46
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Shit, you actually watched Hobo With a Shotgun?? That was exclusively filmed in my city of Dartmouth/Halifax. Some of my friends are in the movie. haha, I know the director personally..he was a good friend of my older brothers and they made a bunch of movies in film class in high school!

I haven't seen the movie after hearing a lot of not-so-great reviews. I loved the original trailer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2011-04-15, 14:36
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I watched Audition last night, courtesy of Paddy. Me likey.

Kirikirikirikirikiri.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-04-16, 10:20
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2m2x8qJcGQ

man I have such a boner right now

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2011-04-17, 06:36
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2m2x8qJcGQ

man I have such a boner right now

srsly? Imagine you're paddy and see this

R.I.P moe

Old 2011-04-17, 14:11
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
srsly? Imagine you're paddy and see this

paddy hates LOTR though?

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2011-04-18, 10:12
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

yet loves midgets... confusing, right?

I watched The Diving Bell And The Butterfly. Great film.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2011-04-19, 03:58
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Shit, you actually watched Hobo With a Shotgun?? That was exclusively filmed in my city of Dartmouth/Halifax. Some of my friends are in the movie. haha, I know the director personally..he was a good friend of my older brothers and they made a bunch of movies in film class in high school!

I haven't seen the movie after hearing a lot of not-so-great reviews. I loved the original trailer though.
Haha that's pretty cool, you should pass on my congratulations to them, it's a fun movie and I'd watch it again for sure.

You should watch it, too. It's retarded, but that's half the fun.

Quote:
I watched Audition last night, courtesy of Paddy. Me likey.

Kirikirikirikirikiri.
"Kiri kiri kiri kiri kiri" is now more iconic to me than "me love you long time".

Lord of the Rings sucks. I haven't even seen it, yet I know it sucks. Also, midgets no longer get me stiff. Nor do fat, bearded Aussies.

Fuck J "I Shot JR" Tolkien and the heavily armoured horse he rode in on.

Old 2011-04-19, 16:48
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I could never get into the LotR movies or book, either.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-04-20, 08:56
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
You should watch it, too. It's retarded, but that's half the fun.

Is it comparable to the same silly/macabre brand of humor like in Zombieland for example? I don't usually like silly movies, but I did enjoy Zombieland.
Quote:
Quote: