MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2008-04-03, 03:49
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
I haven't seen Hellraiser. Is it worth renting?

clive barker nigga

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2008-04-08, 19:10
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

So I'm really excited for this! A local theater is playing some of my favorites on the big screen the next few months:

2001: A Space Odyssey-04/09/2008
Trainspotting-04/16/2008

Pink Floyd The Wall-04/23/2008
South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut-04/30/2008
Taxi Driver-05/07/2008
Fight Club-05/21/2008
Blazing Saddles-06/04/2008
Lawrence of Arabia-06/11/2008

Seriously? Its like they asked me what movies I'd like to experience on the big screen and then gave me a roofie. I bolded the ones I'm especially stoaked for, and I think Lawrence of Arabia will take the cake if Space Odyssey doesn't.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-04-08, 19:36
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
So I'm really excited for this! A local theater is playing some of my favorites on the big screen the next few months:

2001: A Space Odyssey-04/09/2008
Trainspotting-04/16/2008

Pink Floyd The Wall-04/23/2008
South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut-04/30/2008
Taxi Driver-05/07/2008
Fight Club-05/21/2008
Blazing Saddles-06/04/2008
Lawrence of Arabia-06/11/2008

Seriously? Its like they asked me what movies I'd like to experience on the big screen and then gave me a roofie. I bolded the ones I'm especially stoaked for, and I think Lawrence of Arabia will take the cake if Space Odyssey doesn't.

Wait, you're not stoked for Taxi Driver? That's like the second greatest film ever made.

Old 2008-04-08, 19:42
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Wait, you're not stoked for Taxi Driver? That's like the second greatest film ever made.

Nor Blazing saddles or pink floyd. That is a killer lineup, not gonna lie.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2008-04-08, 20:35
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Has anyone seen Quills? Is it any good?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2008-04-08, 21:41
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

10000 bc is shit.

Old 2008-04-08, 22:13
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
10000 bc is shit.

Did you honestly think it was going to be good?
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.

Old 2008-04-09, 02:21
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
Did you honestly think it was going to be good?

going in I didn't know it was a 3rd time remake.
also the previews showed no dialogs and I thought that would make the movie better, I was wrong.

Old 2008-04-09, 03:05
aFarewelltoKings
Senior Metalhead

There Will Be Blood is out today wooh wooh

Old 2008-04-09, 03:12
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
going in I didn't know it was a 3rd time remake.
also the previews showed no dialogs and I thought that would make the movie better, I was wrong.

3rd time remake? hah niiiiice.

It looked gay from the previews. Uber fake and ridiculous amounts of computer graphics. = not a movie for me.

Old 2008-04-09, 04:04
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
10000 bc is shit.

Yeah. It sucked cheesy cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2008-04-09, 04:05
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Yes. I've only recently watched it myself..after several years of hearing about it. Nothing like I thought it would be like that's for sure. Some good gore at times. Although over-hyped in my opinion.

Ah well. I'll check it out anyways.
Quote:
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2008-04-11, 18:46
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

So I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey the other night. We've all seen it, but it was just fucking amazing on the big screen. There are only 6 prints of it circulating around the world which made it even cooler. The amount of detail, precision, and vision that S.K. put into that just floors me. The choral work in it is so great and eerie.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-04-12, 21:05
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Ha, Rochester had the 2001 print in August. Though it was just a 35mm print (should be 70mm), which was slightly disappointing. But only slightly. And a new print of Last Year at Marienbad is doing the rounds and'll be here shortly, followed, since it's a Rialto print, by a Criterion release, which is just awesome.

Old 2008-04-25, 00:08
blitz906
Okay.

I rented and watched Hellraiser last night with my gf. We thought it was pretty good for 1987, but it is overrated. Most of it was interesting, but we both burst out laughing at the end because it was just fucked up. Like... a hobo turns into a dragon and takes off with the box? Wtf is up with that shit?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-04-25, 00:16
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
I rented and watched Hellraiser last night with my gf. We thought it was pretty good for 1987, but it is overrated. Most of it was interesting, but we both burst out laughing at the end because it was just fucked up. Like... a hobo turns into a dragon and takes off with the box? Wtf is up with that shit?

you watch the first one?

I think the first one is definitely the worst one. The rest of the series is better than the first i think.

Old 2008-04-25, 00:24
Pr0az
Post-whore

Wasn't the first one about the woman in the mattress? Weird shit, wasn't too bad but not(as you said) as nearly as good as the other ones mad after it. I think the one in Space was the best. Usually when you send a monster/serial killer to space the movie is getting played out. For example "Leprechaun In Space" , "Jason X"...both movies didn't truly suck but you knew they were running out of content. However, Hailraiser was damn good in space with the ROT dogs and such. Another good one was when they showed the creation of the box and the girl getting skinned to make it.

After that i think they all begin to suck, where the guy is actually dead and in hell and doesn't know it, and the one where the kids are at hell fest or something and they get doped by the guy allowing him to act like Hellraiser.

If you like Hellraiser movies man another good show would be Sand Man.

Old 2008-04-25, 00:53
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
Wasn't the first one about the woman in the mattress? Weird shit, wasn't too bad but not(as you said) as nearly as good as the other ones mad after it. I think the one in Space was the best. Usually when you send a monster/serial killer to space the movie is getting played out. For example "Leprechaun In Space" , "Jason X"...both movies didn't truly suck but you knew they were running out of content. However, Hailraiser was damn good in space with the ROT dogs and such. Another good one was when they showed the creation of the box and the girl getting skinned to make it.

After that i think they all begin to suck, where the guy is actually dead and in hell and doesn't know it, and the one where the kids are at hell fest or something and they get doped by the guy allowing him to act like Hellraiser.

If you like Hellraiser movies man another good show would be Sand Man.

That was the 4th one. That was the first one i saw and that is a pretty good one too. There seems to be some loop holes between that one and the 2nd one which also talked about the creation of the box i think. i personally think the 2nd one is the best.

Old 2008-04-25, 01:49
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:

haha yes..the ending was rather ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2008-04-25, 01:53
guitar_demon
MotörCat

anyone else wanting to see the new harold and kumar?
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2008-04-25, 02:04
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
anyone else wanting to see the new harold and kumar?

New? Oh shit, i would most definitely watch it.

White castle... man i have had such similar events. Instead of white castle (which seems to be a mid west, northern kinda thing) they have bojangles down in North Carolina. It was always a trip to try to make it their shit faced at 4 am and wait for them to open at like 6.

Old 2008-04-25, 02:13
CannibalXampire
Post-whore

No. Because Harold and Kumar sucks.

Old 2008-04-25, 02:25
guitar_demon
MotörCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
New? Oh shit, i would most definitely watch it.

White castle... man i have had such similar events. Instead of white castle (which seems to be a mid west, northern kinda thing) they have bojangles down in North Carolina. It was always a trip to try to make it their shit faced at 4 am and wait for them to open at like 6.

yea i have only seen white castle up here in the north.
but yea they fly to amsterdam and are suspected of being terrorists so they get sent to guantonamo(sp) bay
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2008-04-25, 02:39
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
yea i have only seen white castle up here in the north.
but yea they fly to amsterdam and are suspected of being terrorists so they get sent to guantonamo(sp) bay

hmm.... Sounds like kinda of a lame plot, we'll see

Old 2008-04-25, 03:05
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
No. Because Harold and Kumar sucks.

maybe over-rated, but its an entertaining flick

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-04-25, 22:44
CannibalXampire
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
maybe over-rated, but its an entertaining flick

Wrong.

Old 2008-04-26, 17:43
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Wrong.

fuck you. The second one was hillarous by the way to those who want to see it.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-05-07, 20:42
kornfannatic08
New Blood

anyone seen iron man??????????

Old 2008-05-09, 00:41
blitz906
Okay.

Watched The Mist (Stephen King) last night. Pretty good movie. Anyone else seen it?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-06-10, 05:16
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Watched The Mist (Stephen King) last night. Pretty good movie. Anyone else seen it?
Yeah I saw it at the theater when it came out and really enjoyed it.

Tonight I watched Samurai Fiction, an action comedy that pokes fun at samurai movies. I loved it. It was genuinely funny in a way that didn't rely on vulgarity and at the same time had decent action. And Rannosuke (Tomoyasu Hotei, who also did the music for the film) is so badass!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2008-06-11, 21:10
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

The Strangers is probably the worst horror movie made in the past decade. Didn't have a plot or good explaination. Pretty much good for getting 8.50$ from 12 year old girls.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-06-11, 21:28
Requiem
Post-whore

Finally saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Need I say anything about this film?

Last edited by Requiem : 2008-06-12 at 02:07.

Old 2008-06-11, 21:43
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

yeah, Req, that's exactly what you need, more drug influence in your life

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2008-06-13, 00:38
blitz906
Okay.

Watched '1408' last night. Pretty damn good movie. Stephen King never disappoints me
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-06-13, 07:43
autumncurve
Post-whore

anyone seen/have any opinions on In Bruges?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. malicious
someone's a little behind

Quote:
I'll take you from behind!

-grindcore (featuring newHELLonEARTH)- Krossa
-"Neo-Classical Heathen Folk"- Ellylldan
-experimental/middle eastern themed/folk/ambient- Soft Temple
-experimental/post rock/downtempo- Silence Over Okhotsk

Old 2008-06-14, 04:17
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

i saw The Happening today. Horrible. Some of the worst dialog I have ever witnessed in a higher budget film. The plot had a lot of potential but just never went anywhere really. It was fuckin lame. Though there were some decent death scenes, it's not worth sitting through this movie.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2008-06-14, 04:59
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
i saw The Happening today. Horrible. Some of the worst dialog I have ever witnessed in a higher budget film. The plot had a lot of potential but just never went anywhere really. It was fuckin lame. Though there were some decent death scenes, it's not worth sitting through this movie.

even the trailer looked horrible, lol. movies this summer are shitty

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-06-14, 05:01
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
movies this summer are shitty

Yeah I've noticed that too. I'm not even going to bother seeing Zohan, it looks so gay. I hope The Love Guru is good though... probably will be. Mike Myers has yet to disappoint me
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-06-20, 16:03
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Has anyone seen the movie "25th Hour" with Edward Norton? Friend sent me a clip from the movie that he was thinking of starting our band's set with, and I downloaded it afterwards... Looks good, haven't watched it yet.

Awesome.

Old 2008-06-20, 16:29
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I saw 25th Hour a while ago. From what i remember it wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything great. It's worth a watch but i'm not going to be going out of my way to see it any time soon.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2008-06-22, 03:20
Synthos
New Blood

Quote:
Yeah I've noticed that too. I'm not even going to bother seeing Zohan, it looks so gay. I hope The Love Guru is good though... probably will be. Mike Myers has yet to disappoint me

I read a scathing review that. They said shit would wipe "The Love Guru" off itself.

Old 2008-06-22, 03:30
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthos
I read a scathing review that. They said shit would wipe "The Love Guru" off itself.

Quite honestly Mike Myers just uses the sane jokes over and over again

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-06-23, 09:47
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Its been a while since it came out, but I just saw Hot Fuzz. That movie is just a really fun movie to watch. I don't want to put it in the category of other "comedies" out there because most of them suck balls. This one, IMO, actually qualifies as a legitimate movie!

Anyone who enjoys revenge will enjoy Hot Fuzz.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2008-06-24, 11:47
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford again last night. Absolutely beautiful movie. It's a complete travesty that it only made $4 mil at the box office, even worse when you consider $30 million was spent making it. Doesn't look like Andrew Dominik'll be making another film in a while.

Old 2008-07-10, 05:16
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

He says he doesn't want to, anyway. He likes the seven year between films schedule.

But yeah, easily the best American film of 07 (why do I consider it an American film despite the fact that it was directed in Canada by an Australian? Because the production was American). Nick Cave and Warren Ellis really knocked the score out of the fucking park, too; 'Song for Bob' is just perfect for the ending montage.

In Bruges was pretty good. Clever, well-acted, good dialogue, and all that. Not great, but good.

The Happening was by miles the worst Shyamalan film yet, and considering how bad his last few were, that's saying a lot. The Lady in the Water may have been poorly written and largely poorly acted, but at least it was daringly directed. The Happening could have been made by anybody.

Old 2008-07-14, 03:59
Requiem
Post-whore

The Love Guru 's film crew, writers, directors and producers need some advice before they create another piece of shit.

Been enjoying Hayao Miyazaki's masterpieces lately. Even got a friend to watch it. She was oblivious to the whole anime genre but she liked it.

Old 2008-07-14, 04:29
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Princess Mononoke FTW!!!

Old 2008-07-14, 04:37
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
Princess Mononoke FTW!!!

That's the movie I was talking about and completely forget to list.

Old 2008-07-14, 12:51
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
Princess Mononoke FTW!!!

Pretty cool movie
My Fave is 300

thats the deal!

R.I.P moe

Old 2008-07-14, 13:56
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
The Love Guru 's film crew, writers, directors and producers need some advice before they create another piece of shit.

Been enjoying Hayao Miyazaki's masterpieces lately. Even got a friend to watch it. She was oblivious to the whole anime genre but she liked it.

I didn't even need to watch anything other than the trailer for the love guru to realize it would be a piece of shit with the same jokes as austin powers.

300 is way over-rated but still fun to watch.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-07-14, 14:23
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:

It probably would have been funnier if you were Canadian. Not great by any means, but it seems to be more for a Canadian audience.

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2008-07-14, 17:41
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
It probably would have been funnier if you were Canadian. Not great by any means, but it seems to be more for a Canadian audience.

How's that?

Old 2008-07-15, 03:11
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
How's that?

It's a Canadian secret.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2008-07-15, 03:18
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Wall E was a really cool movie. Especially the first 45 minutes or so...before the humans came into the picture.

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2008-07-15, 19:06
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Wall E was a really cool movie. Especially the first 45 minutes or so...before the humans came into the picture.

I've heard and read nothing but good things. I'll have to check it out.

Old 2008-07-16, 04:23
Requiem
Post-whore

I've heard only positive feedback. Although the crowd I got the feedback from are all females.

Going to see The Dark Knight with my gf on Friday. She's nearly obsessed with Heath Ledger.

Old 2008-07-16, 05:34
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Watch "Gonzo"

The most interesting documentary you'll see about a single person: Hunter S. Thompson. (Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas)

I also want to see The Dark Knight, but I won't ask women for reviews

MY WEBSITE!

Last edited by JoeYngVai : 2008-07-16 at 05:36.

Old 2008-07-16, 06:47
The Fucking Duck
New Blood
Banned

Dark Knight tonight. 4 hours.

Old 2008-07-16, 09:59
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
It's a Canadian secret.

He's right... if we were to tell any non-Canadian our secret, we'd be sentenced to five years of living in Quebec with Bob
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-07-16, 14:54
The Fucking Duck
New Blood
Banned

Dark Knight was disappointing. I guess I held a little too much hope for the hype. 6.5 out of 10, 10 being the highest, 5 being completely 100% average, 0 being terribly terrible.

Old 2008-07-19, 01:27
blitz906
Okay.

Went and saw Hancock last night, it was much better than I thought it would be. Pretty fucking funny.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-07-19, 02:25
Requiem
Post-whore

The Dark Knight was fucking awesome. Had multiple climaxes and Joker easily became my favorite fictional character of all time.(aside from L in the Death Note series) The movie had some slow parts but overall it's the best film this year imo.

Also saw Taxi Driver and Pulp Fiction for the first time, but wonderful.

Old 2008-07-19, 02:30
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Also saw Taxi Driver and Pulp Fiction for the first time, but wonderful.

I've been meaning to watch Pulp Fiction for a long time now. Is it like fantastic?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-07-19, 02:59
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
I've been meaning to watch Pulp Fiction for a long time now. Is it like fantastic?

Just about. Look at the line-up of actors.

Old 2008-07-19, 08:27
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Just about. Look at the line-up of actors.

Good point.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-07-21, 03:50
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Dark Knight gets an 8/10 from me.

Heath as the Joker gets a 10/10. That character was genius.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2008-07-21, 08:52
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Watched The Machinist again yesterday. Such a great film.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2008-07-21, 13:30
blitz906
Okay.

Am I crazy for saying this? or does Stepbrothers actually look good? I know Will Farrell sucks and all... but the previews are pretty funny.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-07-21, 17:43
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley

I am really interested in that. Pretty big fan of Christian Bale.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2008-07-23, 09:07
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Can highly recommend it if you haven't seen it already. I don't want to spoil it for you, but it's a great exploration of how humans cope (or fail to cope, as the case may be) with tragic events and how this coping process impacts on those around them.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2008-07-28, 08:04
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

Am I the only one who watched SLC Punk? Nice movie on the punk culture...i mean, the real punk culture, cant say if it's a well known movie but, it was really great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.

Old 2008-07-28, 12:12
blitz906
Okay.

Anybody else seen Step Brothers yet? I usually hate Will Ferrell's movies, but this movie was pretty fucking funny. John C. Reilly made it worth watching though.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-07-28, 15:28
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Quote:
Am I the only one who watched SLC Punk? Nice movie on the punk culture...i mean, the real punk culture, cant say if it's a well known movie but, it was really great!

yeah. you are the only one, ever.

Old 2008-07-28, 15:50
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Quote:

My friend likes it.....but I have never seen it, I really hate punk though.....

Old 2008-07-29, 02:56
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

And I thought I was the only one to see SLC Punk..

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2008-07-29, 07:46
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

Quote:
And I thought I was the only one to see SLC Punk..

And I thought Nova Scotia was too far away from life to get good movies!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.

Old 2008-07-29, 13:18
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
And I thought Nova Scotia was too far away from life to get good movies!!!!

Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-08-10, 12:45
blitz906
Okay.

I watched A Clockwork Orange for the first time ever last night. Fuck... what an amazing film. I had been meaning to watch it for years, but never got around to it until last night. Malcolm McDowell did such an amazing job playing Alex... the whole thing was just fucking fantastic.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-08-18, 21:59
Bia
Muffin Ass

Quote:
I watched A Clockwork Orange for the first time ever last night. Fuck... what an amazing film. I had been meaning to watch it for years, but never got around to it until last night. Malcolm McDowell did such an amazing job playing Alex... the whole thing was just fucking fantastic.

The third and fourth times I watched it... was tripping.

Entire diff film :P

Old 2008-08-19, 01:24
Dystopia
Post-whore

Quote:

I saw it and I thought it was good.

Did I say good? I meant it was gay and it sucked.

Old 2008-08-19, 02:19
PantericA
Post-whore

Quote:

showing that on showcase tonight if anyones interested

Old 2008-08-19, 05:17
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley

Crazy film, but great. Bale was so goddamn skinny, its hard to believe he went from that to batman.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-08-19, 05:18
Requiem
Post-whore

Don't waste your time or money on Star Wars: Clone Wars even if you're a fan. Terrible, terrible film.

Nothing else appealing is coming out for a while. Hamlet 2 will be decent source of easy laughs but that's about it.

Max Payne is what I'm keeping my eyes out for!

Old 2008-08-19, 14:35
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

I watched Transformers on HBO yesterday.

I want my time back.

Old 2008-08-19, 15:23
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:

Yeah, isn`t a good movie......
Never liked living cars, actually I´m scared of them

R.I.P moe

Old 2008-08-19, 16:26
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:

I want my time back.

haha. It ain't what it used to be is it.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2008-08-20, 02:39
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantericA
showing that on showcase tonight if anyones interested

Did anyone watch it? I didn't bother, I bought it recently.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-08-28, 02:53
Requiem
Post-whore

Picked up The Good, The Bad and The Ugly for $3. One of my best purchases ever.

Old 2008-08-28, 03:22
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Transformers was much better than what i expected it to be

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-01-03, 20:22
Requiem
Post-whore

Old Boy is fantastic!

Old 2009-01-04, 01:53
Detonator
New Blood

Thumbs up Friday the 13th

I can't wait for the new Friday the 13th that comes out next month. I guess Hollywood ran out of writers because they just keep remaking old films. The remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre & The TCM:The Begining were both awesome. Hopefully the remake of Friday the 13th will be on the same level.

Old 2009-01-04, 03:11
Requiem
Post-whore

Speaking of upcoming films, has anyone heard about the new Karate Kid?

http://www.themovieblog.com/2007/12...n-chow-in-talks

Old 2009-01-04, 03:16
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detonator
I can't wait for the new Friday the 13th that comes out next month. I guess Hollywood ran out of writers because they just keep remaking old films. The remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre & The TCM:The Begining were both awesome. Hopefully the remake of Friday the 13th will be on the same level.

Hmm, I didn't know there was going to be a remake..although I'm not expecting a masterpiece of any sorts.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2009-01-05, 04:29
Requiem
Post-whore

In the last two days we've watched: A Clockwork Orange, The Crow, Into the Wild, Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind, and Old Boy.

All great films but Old Boy stands out in terms of excellence.

Old 2009-01-05, 08:11
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
In the last two days we've watched: A Clockwork Orange, The Crow, Into the Wild, Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind, and Old Boy.

All great films but Old Boy stands out in terms of excellence.

A Clockwork Orange is my all time favourite movie (pretty obvious to anyone who saw my avatar). I think the book is much better though.

The Crow is pretty fucking sweet. Wasn't that one based on a book too?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-01-05, 09:22
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Yesterday evening were Scary Movie 3 and 4 on TV......boring stuff.

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-01-05, 15:11
HELLBLASTER-666
Post-whore

^all scary movie films suck in my opinion

Saw Zack and Miri Make a Porno yesterday,pretty good
but not as good as other Kevin Smith Movies

Old 2009-01-05, 19:25
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLBLASTER-666
^all scary movie films suck in my opinion

Haha, before I read what you were replying to I thought you were talking about any and all horror movies.

I saw Milk the other week. It was very good and the timing was perfect for the shit repeal on gay marriages here in California.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-01-07, 08:42
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Milk was a good film.

Slumdog Millionaire was pretty good.

Changeling proved to me that Angelina Jolie is a brilliant actress, and that Clint Eastwood is a great director (pretty nice score by him).

Revolutionary Road was an amazing adaptation of the book (great score, too... by Thomas Newman)

Burn After Reading was funny and chaotic, I really liked that.

Now I just have to see The Wrestler and Benjamin Button... looking forward to both of those.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-01-07, 12:10
low-tech
Post-whore

The wrestler looks like a good movie.

I saw The Dark Knight in hi-def on one of them flat-screen tvs.

It's the first movie I watched in that format and I have to say, everybody looks like zombies, everyone looks spent, tired, old and very, very mortal...you can see the movie make-up, you can see the asymmetry, every nick and scar on the actor's faces. aerial shots over Chicago and Honk Kong, total mind bender...like as if you are sitting in one of those Omni-Imax theatres.

I'm a luddite so it takes me a few years to get around and notice these new technologies. I'd never buy that flat screen shit but it is impressive.

Good movie but not as good as the hype.