Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2010-06-10, 17:35
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
I don't remember the first scenario, so it must be from EJ1 as I barely remember the first few levels. The second example is from EJ2 though, and your not in a bubble but a Salamander (and it says, hilariously, JIM IS NOW A BLIND SALAMANDER!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGm7FKWgsTs. That's probably one of my favorite levels of any game ever. I especially like how the more it goes on, the darker it gets until you can barely see anything around yourself adding to the loneliness of the game/score. And the near-ending of that level where you have to play in the game show is so freaking bizarre. None of the questions make sense or have a right answer. Loved it.
Ahhh fuck, it's been so long since I played it that I confused two different levels haha. Cheers for the YouTube clip, that level still sends chills up my spine!

Old 2010-06-14, 17:39
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Wow, holy fuck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBY0Hzh0BSQ

New Mortal Kombat 9 and it looks amazing. It looks like they took MK 2 and really revamped it. Drool.. too bad the newest console I own is a PS2.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-06-14, 18:52
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Wow, holy fuck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBY0Hzh0BSQ

New Mortal Kombat 9 and it looks amazing. It looks like they took MK 2 and really revamped it. Drool.. too bad the newest console I own is a PS2.

I need to have this. Blood, acid, gore and fighting ♥

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-06-14, 19:31
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I like that its gone back to what seems like a primarily side-scrolling fighting system.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-06-14, 19:47
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

You noticed what happens there in the background? I looove animated backgrounds! Like the dude there that is dipped into this acid/lava stuff there. This is gonna be awesome

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-06-15, 19:31
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2010-06-15 at 20:15.

Old 2010-06-16, 01:51
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

I've been watching Live E3 coverage on G4 today and yesterday..I missed the Microsoft press conference today however. I'm not really looking forward to much unfortunately. I don't own a Wii, but some cool games coming out, for example a 2-d Donkey Kong and a new Goldeneye! Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2010-06-16, 12:38
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

It was fucking painful to watch. I actually felt an overwhelming urge to turn away from the screen at certain points. The question is, why do we keep watching this shit when it's the same cringe-worthy nonsense every year?

There were moments when I wasn't sure whether to laugh or grind my teeth, for example when I heard phrases like "radical new car experiences" and "we believe gaming should be open to everyone". Yeah, because the all-powerful gaming czar has decreed that only certain people can play games

It's precisely what one would expect if you were to take insufferably empty "managerial speak", arrogant back-slapping/self-congratulation and video game executives who've never held a control pad in their lives, and then mash them all together and put it on stage.

I'm not watching any more of it, I'm just gonna wait for the gameplay footage and trailers to be uploaded to gametrailers.com or whathaveyou. I owe it to myself.

Old 2010-11-27, 10:39
Requiem
Post-whore

Old 2011-02-28, 17:25
Requiem
Post-whore

MvC3 anyone?

Old 2011-03-13, 11:07
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I played the new Mortal Kombat demo with my wee bro on his Xbox. It's pretty fuckin' good, at least compared to what the series was like after the move to 3D. The models are still 3D but it plays like the 2D games.

Chris, I know you're a big fan of the originals, I'd be interested to know what you think of this new incarnation. I think the demo showed some real strength and it has me interested in fighting games again after having grown bored of them about half way through MK3 in the mid-90s.

I've also been playing split screen cop-op with my wee bro on Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies, and more recently Left 4 Dead 2. The latter is definitely more fun. CoD got real boring real quick, especially when we discovered there was no "end" to the game, you just have to last as long as you can, which is kinda like being told you have a non-contagious but terminal STD.

Old 2011-03-13, 14:41
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I have been dyyyyyyiiinnggg to play the new MK. The previews look so fucking great and I was really excited to see them abandoning the horrible 3dD game play. This is the only game that's ever made me want to get an XBox
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-03-13, 16:28
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

If someone of you would be so kind and make a fatality compilation? you're going to make one? srsly? Thank you

btw. welcum back paddy

R.I.P moe

Old 2011-03-13, 18:26
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
If someone of you would be so kind and make a fatality compilation? you're going to make one? srsly? Thank you
KABLAMO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z3EaI-rq74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
btw. welcum back paddy
My glans is tingling

Old 2011-05-27, 16:09
oddball
New Blood

Been stuck on Socom1 and 2 for years now on ps2 online

Old 2011-05-27, 16:26
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

People still play those games?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-05-27, 20:44
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

I've been playing a lot of L.A Noire since it came out the other week. It's pretty sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2011-05-27, 23:19
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I played the new Mortal Kombat demo with my wee bro on his Xbox. It's pretty fuckin' good, at least compared to what the series was like after the move to 3D. The models are still 3D but it plays like the 2D games.

Chris, I know you're a big fan of the originals, I'd be interested to know what you think of this new incarnation. I think the demo showed some real strength and it has me interested in fighting games again after having grown bored of them about half way through MK3 in the mid-90s.

Completely missed this thread, sorry.

The demo looked fun to me, but my PS3 died in March so I won't get a chance to find out anytime soon. I still play MK2 competitively and the opinion seems to vary among the high level players. Apparently it plays a lot like the older MK games (=awesome), but a couple of people have complained to me that everyone has the same attributes, which is pretty fucking boring.

I guess the plus side is that it keeps the game more balanced than the old MK games. By comparison, if you rock MK2 against any high level player, your chance of beating, say, Mileena with Baraka or Liu Kang with Scorpion are about 10%. That's pretty fucking unbalanced to say the least. UMK3, which is similarly popular through online play, is similarly unbalanced.

Old 2011-05-28, 02:12
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I've been playing the new MK a lot as one of my best friend's bought it the day it came out (I don't own any of the platforms). As a person who was also a die-hard old school MK fan (MK2 - Trilogy/UMK3 [I liked the Trilogy version more]) I fucking love it. Now, though I have never played competitively (but have against some friends that have) on UMK3, I'd say it seems fairly balanced. My own opinion here probably means pretty much nill though, as I have no actual "competitive" play. My old characters, depending on the game, used to be Kabal, Reptile, Noob, Mileena, and Sindel. However, with the new version I find myself playing mainly as Baraka (who I used to hate) and Katana. Haven't had much time to spend on any other characters but I have gravitated towards them for some reason (maybe its their excessive blood spill they seem to cause).

Don't know how much any of that means from a non-competitive player, but besides all that, the game is pretty fun and the fatalities are fucking awesome. I was extremely excited when I first read about it being a throwback to the first 3 releases and the fact that they did a pretty good job of that, while keeping it modern, makes me a happy boy.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2011-05-28, 12:17
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

UMK3 was pretty unbalanced. If you ever watch a UMK3 tournament, almost every fight is Kabal vs. Human Smoke, the top two guys in the game, and Kabal usually wins.

Trilogy was even more unbalanced with the additions of Noob Saibot and Rain, both of whom have extremely easy infinites; so easy that I can do them (and I'm not very good at the MK3 series games). Nobody runs MKT tournies anymore, but when the game was hot and people did Noob and Rain were banned from play.

Fun games, though, especially by adding the run function and taking away some of the shit that made MK2 a turtle fest. If I were any good at them, I'd play online for sure. The arcade version of UMK3 is still quite popular on many kaillera servers.

Old 2012-02-24, 18:58
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

anyone play ssf4:ae2012?

Old 2012-02-27, 02:28
estringrev
Supreme Metalhead

They really should have stopped updating that title after super.

Old 2012-02-29, 00:24
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

ill disagree with that, japan has "ae" in arcades while we just had "super" here. so for 4 extra characters it was worth it. and then people started to call it "hong kong fighter" because the twins, chun and fei were toooooooo broken. then 2012 came to re balance it like super was. the current version should be the last.

back to the 2nd last post...

ANYONE PLAY FUCKING STREET FIGHTER I NEED MORE SACRIFICES!!!!

Old 2012-02-29, 17:20
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I only play SF Alpha 3 :\
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2012-03-01, 04:58
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Playing Skyrim on PS3... Approach the main quest line after doing loads of side quests, and now it's bugged so badly that it's practically unplayable fuck you ps3 I'm never playing console again.

Old 2012-03-01, 12:44
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

A game like Skyrim should be played on the PC if possible if only for the modding possibilities. The official Creation Kit was released recently so the mods are only gonna get better.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/

You should get into that shit, Sam. Maybe you'll make a mod that gets you a job at Bethesda That's one of the best ways to get into the business from what I've seen.

Old 2012-03-01, 17:10
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
Playing Skyrim on PS3... Approach the main quest line after doing loads of side quests, and now it's bugged so badly that it's practically unplayable fuck you ps3 I'm never playing console again.

That is sad. I started a second character not too long ago. Skyrim is brillianly made. I still haven't done tons of "guild" quests like Dark Brotherhood and Companions. In this file I'm not fast traveling at all so far. I think I've played for at least 12-15 hours and still no fast travel.

I kinda wish I had it for PC because of the mods and glitch fixes/patches. However, I do really like reclining in a vibrating chair with just a simple controller in my hands hehe. I'm also jealous of the graphics on the computer, though... Skyrim looks WAY better than it does on my crappy TV. I was totally stunned when I looked at people's screenshots of Skyrim on Reddit... I'm missing out.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2012-03-01, 20:00
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
A game like Skyrim should be played on the PC if possible if only for the modding possibilities. The official Creation Kit was released recently so the mods are only gonna get better.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/

You should get into that shit, Sam. Maybe you'll make a mod that gets you a job at Bethesda That's one of the best ways to get into the business from what I've seen.

I know, and I played the first one on a PC... HOWEVER playing on a PS3 enables me to lounge on the couch and play I recently switched to Mac from a PC for school, and there is virtually nothing available for it game wise. I tried installing Wine but I keep getting weird errors.

My console has more or less become a netflix box.

Old 2012-03-01, 20:49
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Well since I, for the most part, ignored Dame's post amount her busted PS3 and started rambling about how much fun Skyrim is, karma caught up to me and just broke my TV. Damnit. It just spazzed out and now it turns on but it smells funny and a tube definitely busted or something. No image.

Fuck

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2012-03-01, 22:23
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Aaaahh the joys of not owning a console after a PS2.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2012-03-03, 01:04
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

Quote:
I only play SF Alpha 3 :\

i rock that shit on saturn still. i wish they would remake it like they did with ssf2t and 3rd strike.