MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Feedback

View Poll Results: Do we need classified ads section on this forum?
Yes 37 68.52%
No 17 31.48%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2005-10-24, 16:45
Soeru
Post-whore

Band classifieds?

I'm sure I'm not the only forumer that's desperate to find people in the area for a band. Wouldn't a "Musician Classifieds" subforum be a good idea? I think I'd be more likely to find people in my area this way. I've tried a bunch of classified ad sites too, but having a classifieds forum for MT wouldn't be a bad idea.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2005-10-24, 20:36
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Well... i donno about a whole forum, but it is pretty annoying having those damned threads keep popping up.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2005-10-25, 01:04
Father Death
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

"hey man, you need a bassist for a new tech death band?! right on where you from!?!?"

"Spain"

"shit dude, i'm from New Zealand, this won't work!!"

Old 2005-10-25, 01:48
Soeru
Post-whore

Well I'm from Spain, but I live in New Jersey now... There's no harm in posting an ad, I'm sure more than one person will find others in their area. I highly doubt I'm the only cunt in New Jersey on the forums. How would you find people if you don't even try?

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2005-10-25, 01:59
guitar_demon
MotörCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Death
"hey man, you need a bassist for a new tech death band?! right on where you from!?!?"

"Spain"

hah +1
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2005-10-25, 03:22
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

I just wanna note that there are 6,700 registered members to this forum. Not including the amount of 'guests' that browse the forum. Wouldn't be THAT bad of an idea, or at least have a thread maybe. Just my 2 cents.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2005-10-25, 03:40
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

isnt it also part of the MT rules not to do so???? not that i care but just for the sake of argument

Old 2005-10-25, 04:22
Soeru
Post-whore

Um... like where does it say we're not allowed to speak of band classifieds? And if you don't care... why make it more difficult to get the people who do want this forum to be made?

Old 2005-10-25, 08:17
nomad
round the world
Administrator

I made it a poll. I'll add a new section if there's a strong demand for it.

Old 2005-10-25, 10:08
Soeru
Post-whore

I appreciate the interest in my idea.

Old 2005-10-25, 14:28
LordofStorms
Post-whore

Dosen't matter to me either way,I voted yes.

Old 2005-10-25, 15:13
Amon rA
Senior Metalhead

i hate to be a bastard but...

6,700 members. (for the sake of argument, yes i know you dont have to be a member to read the posts, but most of those members probably didn't ever read anything anyway.) over four years.

the worlds population is about 67,000,000,000
that means 1 in 1,000,000 people are a member of this site.

lets say i lived in london, in one of the worlds top 20 largest cities, with a population of 7,287,555.

roughly 7 people in london would see my drummer wanted advert. including me.

ii could be really silly, and say that since about 1 in 66 posts are in the drum zone, 1 in 66 people are drummers. giving a probability of one drummer from my area reading my advert every 9 or 10 years.
"The complexity of the penguins' lifestyle testifies to a Divine Creator," said one commentator on Christian Answers. "To think that natural selection or even the penguins themselves could come up with the idea to migrate miles and miles multiple times each year without their partner or their offspring is a bit insulting to my intellect. How great is our God!"

Old 2005-10-25, 17:03
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon rA
i hate to be a bastard but...

6,700 members. (for the sake of argument, yes i know you dont have to be a member to read the posts, but most of those members probably didn't ever read anything anyway.) over four years.

the worlds population is about 67,000,000,000
that means 1 in 1,000,000 people are a member of this site.

lets say i lived in london, in one of the worlds top 20 largest cities, with a population of 7,287,555.

roughly 7 people in london would see my drummer wanted advert. including me.

ii could be really silly, and say that since about 1 in 66 posts are in the drum zone, 1 in 66 people are drummers. giving a probability of one drummer from my area reading my advert every 9 or 10 years.

You're assuming that all the forumers are equally distributed around the world. I think there's a bigger percentage of people in the US hence why I feel that I'll probably find someone interested in the area. But I've noticed there's also a bunch of forumers from Denmark, quite a few from Texas, a few in New Zealand, etc. Again, it would never hurt to try. I've put ads up on different classified sites and a few forums, but seeing as this is a metal-related site it would be a lot easier to find the kind of people for a metal band. Is it really that difficult to make a subforum?

And should this forum never be made, in what subforum can we talk about this?

Old 2005-10-25, 23:18
Father Death
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

i assume most cities probably have a site(s) dedicated to the metal scene in that city. (www.ottawametal.com) and within those sites would be the best/most logical place to find people to join your band. sure the small towns won't have sites, but if you live in a small town, fucking go to some shows, talk to people and there you go. done deal.

Old 2005-10-26, 02:55
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
i assume most cities probably have a site(s) dedicated to the metal scene in that city. (www.ottawametal.com) and within those sites would be the best/most logical place to find people to join your band. sure the small towns won't have sites, but if you live in a small town, fucking go to some shows, talk to people and there you go. done deal.

Yeah... because there are metal shows in Union City, NJ... not. I'm just trying all my options.

Old 2005-10-26, 17:59
Joe Rogers
New Blood

One thing, its a good idea, but, unfourtunatly we aren't all who we say they are. I've had a few experiences where I "hired" someone to be in a band and it turns out that they sucked. Not even close to what they said they were. I guess its not a really bad thing but it kind of a waste of time. And You can never really tell if someone puts up a demo it might not be theres. But i guess it might be a little better on this forum because you guys are a little less... retarded. So overall I think it would be a good idea. I mean, what do you have to loose, if there is no one in your area then there is no one in your area. Too bad, now you are exactly were you were 5 seconds ago, no harm done. Just my two cents.

Old 2005-10-26, 18:05
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

It won't really work, it hardly does on global sites. So I voted no.

Old 2005-10-26, 20:17
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I'm sure it's hard enough to get good mods for our present forums, so I voted no.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2005-10-27, 01:24
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

It might declutter the other forums that people post their want ads in and have them all contained in one place, but to monitor if they're all legit would be impossible. A disclaimer at the beginning of the thread saying that would be okay and then people that post elsewhere get moved to that thread.

And you guys don't ever hire someone without seeing and hearing them play. That's what auditions are for. If they really want to do it they'll understand.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2005-10-27, 06:22
xDeadHandsRisingx
Senior Metalhead

<--- looking to form the hottest boy band since back street boys, but needs a drummer. San diego plz

i clicked yes btw..

Old 2005-10-27, 18:39
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

i voted yes, and i hereby volunteer my services as a mod if required. If you dont think im qualified thats more than warranted, but if you need me, im here.

Old 2005-10-27, 22:18
powersofterror
Forum Leader

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh holy shit, that is so sig worthy, but still I'd rather not change mine.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-10-27, 22:54
The Execrator
Noob lud

Well at first I would have voted yes because I would think there wouldnt be so many looking for band threads in the drum forum. But then I remembered how stupid people are and I doubt newbs will follow the rules anyways. So no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-10-27, 23:34
foxguitar
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture
i voted yes, and i hereby volunteer my services as a mod if required. If you dont think im qualified thats more than warranted, but if you need me, im here.

I vote a FUCK NO for Rapture being a mod.

Old 2005-10-28, 01:52
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh holy shit, that is so sig worthy, but still I'd rather not change mine.

Because it was a polite offer to help if im needed? Trust me, i dont give a fuck about being a mod. I just figure he might need someone to mod it, and i offered my help. I invite you to grow up and stop being such a twat.

Old 2005-10-28, 02:02
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Rapture is gay!

Old 2005-10-28, 15:50
Joe Rogers
New Blood

Quote:
Because it was a polite offer to help if im needed? Trust me, i dont give a fuck about being a mod. I just figure he might need someone to mod it, and i offered my help. I invite you to grow up and stop being such a twat.

I think it was a nice gesture and i also complety forgot about the word twat so good use of the english language

Old 2005-10-28, 16:40
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Rapture is gay!

OMG YOU LIKE TEH BUTTHOLE!!!!!!!

Old 2005-10-28, 23:17
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That word brings back memories for me as a kid before I knew what it meant. I used it at the dinner table and people about choked. My dad couldn't quit laughing. I learned to never use words I don't know the meaning of that day. And I never said it again either.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2005-10-29, 14:44
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

sound like good plan

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2005-10-29, 16:30
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

I think it is a good idea, tough I doubt it would work realy well. In any case, it could de-clutter the forums a bit.

And just a suggestion, maybe we should make sticky threads of countries, so instead of browsing some pages to find someone, you just post in your country sticky, and some info or something. Would make browsing a bit easyer.
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2005-10-29, 19:28
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
I'm sure it's hard enough to get good mods for our present forums, so I voted no.

that's true but it shouldn't be the deciding factor if you ask me.

if we do get this forum I'll mod it with another one of you assholes.

Last edited by Def : 2005-10-29 at 20:42.

Old 2005-10-29, 19:49
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

No more room in the eagles' nest, eh?

Old 2005-10-29, 20:32
powersofterror
Forum Leader

I can't even remember the last time a noob asked for bandmates....It's not that frequent is it?

This is my band's page

Old 2005-10-29, 22:11
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:

"Spain"

Some of us are content with E-bands, and yes, I do think its a good idea. Granted, my opinion isn't worth much, so I'm going to crawl back into the hole I've been hiding in.

Awesome.

Old 2005-10-29, 23:31
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Wooo New Zealand!

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2005-10-30, 02:08
Soeru
Post-whore

Heh... e-bands... It would be cool for the people with insanely fast broadband to jam together over an intercom/internet IM with a voice feature like Skype or AIM. We could have threads for that... broadband people who want to get together for an "e-jam", imagine playing the leads for a song here in NJ while someone in Australia plays the rythm... that would be awesome. Damn, for real, I'd be up for that.

Old 2005-10-30, 04:45
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

yes, but I was talking more of a real recording and piecing together type thing. not jamming. but hey, yeah, thats an idea too.

I vote 'yay' on it.

Awesome.

Old 2005-10-30, 05:00
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
yes, but I was talking more of a real recording and piecing together type thing. not jamming. but hey, yeah, thats an idea too.

I vote 'yay' on it.

Yeah I know what you're talking about, I saw some eband's site from the forumer's here, something like Suffocation or Dying Fetus. Was cool...

I kinda prefer the ejam thing... I don't know guitar/bass/drum player that's even familiar with 90% of the bands I listen to, so it's hard to play songs we both know except for a select few kinda poppy or 80's rock/metal songs. But seeing as how most of the forumers share similar tastes it should be real easy to find someone who wants to jam to a certain song.

I think this ejam thing would be way more fun than online videogames. And we can always scream into the mic to tell how much the other dude sucks if he's a n00b, like any other online videogame.

Old 2005-10-30, 06:45
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Quote:

I would actually want Rapture as a mod hahah he is t3h shitzorz!!1

Old 2005-10-30, 15:30
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Why not. Sounds like a good idea.

Old 2005-10-30, 15:34
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

I vote yes to both having a band classified forum and for rapture being a mod. I do however, believe the success will not be as great as many people hoped. I don't mean to be a cynicist, but here's how I view it. I have, from experience, found potential band mates, online that live around the area I live in. But then, you have several problems. Age is a big one. I might find someone who loves the same bands and styles of metal I do, but then they turn out to be 28. And also, transportation seems to be a big problem for me in terms of band members, even if a person lives within 30 minutes of your practice location, can they consistantly get a ride? These are some things for the mods and admin to ponder. Anyways, I don't think adding it will hurt the forum in any way.

Old 2005-10-30, 15:39
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonGuitars07
I vote yes to both having a band classified forum and for rapture being a mod. I do however, believe the success will not be as great as many people hoped. I don't mean to be a cynicist, but here's how I view it. I have, from experience, found potential band mates, online that live around the area I live in. But then, you have several problems. Age is a big one. I might find someone who loves the same bands and styles of metal I do, but then they turn out to be 28. And also, transportation seems to be a big problem for me in terms of band members, even if a person lives within 30 minutes of your practice location, can they consistantly get a ride? These are some things for the mods and admin to ponder. Anyways, I don't think adding it will hurt the forum in any way.

True, I know exactly how this feels. I've found some people but they're in NYC, and way older and more experienced than me, and on top of that they needed to start touring the nation soon so I can't really do that yet(college + work).

However age doesn't scare me though, unless it's like someone who's been playing 20 years then I might feel discouraged lol. But still, if we'd be playing the kind of music we both like, I wouldn't care about age.

The ejam idea makes this forum even more useful.

Old 2005-10-30, 16:02
younguitarist
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Heh... e-bands... It would be cool for the people with insanely fast broadband to jam together over an intercom/internet IM with a voice feature like Skype or .

Ha DeathCS and I tried to jam yesterday with skype but everytime I played I couldnt hear his and Vice versa.

Old 2005-11-01, 15:19
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by younguitarist
Ha DeathCS and I tried to jam yesterday with skype but everytime I played I couldnt hear his and Vice versa.

Oh... it stops when the two signals overlap? Like if you talk at the same time, you can't hear his voice? I'm sure there's a way to overcome this, and there's loads of other apps for online mic conversations...

Old 2005-11-08, 20:31
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

I wonder if and when the classifieds forum will be implemented. Maybe I'll just make a band connect website or something. Actually, I'll go do that.

Presonus Firepod - $425 shipped
Gator 4 Space Rack Case - $75 shipped
Rackmount Tuner - $75 shipped
Pacific Drum Works 5000 Double Bass Pedal - $175 shipped

Old 2005-11-08, 20:32
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

I'll just make a forum or something and post it here when I'm done setting it up. Feel free to share your input into how it should be organized. I'm thinking of organizing it by classifieds by state, that way people won't waste their time searching.

Old 2005-11-08, 21:53
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
I'll just make a forum or something and post it here when I'm done setting it up. Feel free to share your input into how it should be organized. I'm thinking of organizing it by classifieds by state, that way people won't waste their time searching.

You'd have to pimp your site/forum a lot to get people to go there. There are tons of sites out there for classifieds in every state and even some of the bigger towns, but that's the very same reason why it's hard to find people: everyone looks in different places.

Yesterday, I met these two dudes at a Cryptopsy/Suffo/Vader/Decapitated show(a vocalist and guitarist) that play in a tech. DM band. We exchanged contacts so I might get some luck.

Old 2005-11-13, 04:57
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

this might be interesting. im all for it.

Old 2005-11-13, 05:00
Soeru
Post-whore

Funny... I've gotten two responses from a NJ-state classifieds site. One band is a bunch of Nu metal kids that supposedly know Ill Nińo and want to play Soulfly/Slipknot crap, so I didn't even bother replying. Another is a straight-up metalcore band, which is almost as bad, but they stated Megadeth and Slayer in their influences.. I should've put "NO JUMPDAFUKUP-CORE" in my ad.

Old 2005-11-13, 18:27
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
I vote yes to both having a band classified forum and for rapture being a mod.

members don't vote mods. we're hand-picked by the forces that be.

Old 2005-11-13, 19:11
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
members don't vote mods. we're hand-picked by the forces that be.

besides, we don't want you to feel silly by getting banned by the mod you voted on
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2005-11-14, 03:15
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

I think a Gear Classifieds would be more useful.

Old 2005-11-14, 09:13
humancorpse
Post-whore

Or just one forum for both...

Old 2005-11-15, 22:19
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

Well, anyways, it will need to happen soon, very soon.

Old 2005-11-16, 00:42
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Well, anyways, it will need to happen soon, very soon.

Nomad is a busy man. He checks up on the feedback forum whenever he has time, so leave him be. He will do it in his fair time.

Old 2006-01-04, 22:31
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

Well, the classifieds forum worked for me. I found a guitarist to jam with that only lives an hour or so away. So yea, it works.