MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Poetry Lyrical

Old 2005-10-13, 18:17
Unanything
Post-whore

Mirror Nihilism

At the base of every existence is a mirror.
To strain the elastic, the muscles must be strained.
The pseudo-democratic multi-psychic rulers promote justice.
To stay in power they must appeal to the common, average human.
This mediocrity-eidolon - full of hatred, delusion, apathy, thirst.
This mediocrity-eidolon - desire to inflict, ignore, blind-believe, chaos-ascend.
The multi-psyches inflict justice upon those who defy them.
Upon those who do not reflect themselves in them or as they.
They are utterly listened to and followed into battle although being the same.
Only reflections. Just greedy capitalists.
Their views become reflected in others.
The orange hatred becomes dominant in the mirror image.
They suffer.
The unreflective suffer.
The multi-psyches suffer.
Only because the multi-psyches persisted.
At the base of every existence is a mirror.
To say another causes suffering is for one to suffer.

Prose I came up with earlier in my thoughts. This mirror-thought has become the core of my perception.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2005-10-14, 19:52
Unanything
Post-whore

Come then! What are our thoughts on this?

Quote:
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2005-10-14, 20:21
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Okay, first of all why do you say that the rulers are multi-psychic? Does that just reflect that they have to be mind-readers to work their crowd, so to speak, to know what promises they should make to gain the public trust to stay in an office or be elected to an office?
Then later on you say multi-psyches, but you also say that they inflict justice on those that don't think the same way as them. Multi-psyche makes me think they'd be more flexible in their thinking depending on the issue and the popular idea at the time. That sort of causes conflict with them condemning.
And then as they lead, they are just reflections of the general population which is why they got to be leaders in the first place. Their power and money they want being a reflection of what the population wants too. The ones disagreeing are then suffering for not being part of the system.
And why orange hatred? Is that significant?

I had to read this a few times and look up a word which isn't the first time. It takes me awhile to understand things like this. That's why the questions. I still don't know if I'm getting it or not.
And that brings me to a line you said in this piece that can metaphorically be used in reference to your piece.
"To stay in power they must appeal to the common, average human"
No offence and I know it doesn't apply to everyone, but a lot of people would skip over something like this because it's not "appealing" to the common man.
I like to take a challenge and I think I did understand parts of it so I took a a stab at it.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2005-10-14, 20:26
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Oh, and if it continues to be a mirrored reflection back and forth how can there be any potential for growth since the images would continue to be the same? Someone with a difference, radical or subtle, would have to get in the mix to have any change at all otherwise we'd still be in the stone age.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2005-10-15, 10:17
Unanything
Post-whore

This isn't appealing to the common man because it is written in critical defiance of his ways.
Multi-psychic doesn't mean flexible mind powers. It means multiple minds described technically with a hybrid word.
This is meant to be above the common man so this is an exercise of the mind, this prose.
You should really read the dictionary harder. Psychic means of or related to the psyche (mind).
When you read my pieces and you see that hyphen in a word and look in the the big book of words to find it's non-existence, split up the word and find each bit's meaning, meticulously.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Unanything : 2005-10-15 at 10:20.

Old 2005-10-15, 13:41
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Normally I don't look up the meaning of words I think I already know the meaning of. Maybe I should have started with the first word in the dictionary. I think that would be "a," But don't quote me on that.

So in other words you wrote this in the way that you did to make it sound holier-than-thou. It's purposely looking down it's nose to us little peons that are the majority.

Well, anyways, now that the ole johari window has opened a bit more to your style of writing the next time you post something we'll have a little more information in how the writer's mind works. And I'll make sure I have dictionary.com or my other dictionary handy. I gave it a shot. It's good to have a challenge once in awhile.

By the way, paraphrasing Chaucer back in his day he basically said that writing with "big words" sucks and that was about 800 years ago if I remember correctly.

Old 2005-10-18, 18:45
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
By the way, paraphrasing Chaucer back in his day he basically said that writing with "big words" sucks and that was about 800 years ago if I remember correctly.

He was obviously a very ignorant and apathetic person, to me at least. Explore your language and you will find potentially great things. I once stopped at 'superstring' when I was 12 or 13. To such a deep tangent has my way of thinking never been so bent.

On your potential growth idea, are you forgetting other things exist apart from human thought? There is a whole universe that influences our thought and evolution. There is no growth. There is only increase in number of things reflected.

You are a human in many ways. Like nearly all humans, you spectralise everthing. I apparently look down upon you. I am higher in a spectrum that you, again like many humans, create yet hate. A spectrum that those apparently higher within deny. Try explaining your opinion to the Buddha or indeed, in temporal relevance, the Dalai Lama. But perhaps, as a human, you'll respond with an equivalent to: "Ooooh, I feel so threatened by that pacifist bestard." Oh well.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-10-18, 20:03
Amadeus
Quantum.

Knowledge of reflections... an interesting idea. More or less the individual human dilemma on a species ranging scale; we mostly never see more than what's already inside. But tell me, for new things to enter this eternal reflection, if you will, must not someone, consicously or not, bring it in? That seems plausible if the reflection symbolises humanity...

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2005-10-18, 20:07
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

You don't have many friends, do you?

I think there's a lot of growth going on. Your first and second sentences in your second paragraph are completely contradictory. Maybe there's nothing new under the sun, but there's discoveries of things that haven't been done or understood before. When knowledge is final, if we haven't killed ourselves by then, maybe humanity will cease since there won't be a darn thing to do anymore. If I want to learn about something new I'd prefer not to struggle too much to understand it.
And I'm all for grabbing on to learning new things, but I'll never be as esoteric as you and I can't say as I'd want to be. I like being a ladybug on this planet instead of one of those flurescent fish swimming where not much else is and not much wants to be there. That's just me though.

Old 2005-10-20, 15:47
Amadeus
Quantum.

Say, are you refering to the both of us, or just the writer...?
Anyway, I do more or less agree with you, Tripple-x. On an esotherical basis of course...

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

Old 2005-10-20, 20:57
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I looked to see who triple x was and then it dawned on me. lol durr...I've never been called that before.
No, I was just talking about the writer. Everyone has their own ways though and I'm sure there's people who would love reading something like this. I just read a version of Ulysses I think by Tennyson and that's about how I liked the headier stuff to be like. At least it's in a language I can understand more so I can concentrate more on the meaning of the thoughts than the meaning of individual words. That's just me though.

Old 2005-10-21, 16:37
Amadeus
Quantum.

As you say, everyone has their own ways and as for this, I myself have never seen anything to prove either way better than the other. However, one can't deny that a single word placed correctly can turn anything around - to let a word say more than a thousand pictures.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2005-10-25, 18:32
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Knowledge of reflections... an interesting idea. More or less the individual human dilemma on a species ranging scale; we mostly never see more than what's already inside. But tell me, for new things to enter this eternal reflection, if you will, must not someone, consicously or not, bring it in? That seems plausible if the reflection symbolises humanity...

I've always believed in a God despite the EXTREMELY adversial odds against such beliefs within me. Perhaps this primal 'shining' is God. This is what the 1st Cause argument goes on about although I do not believe God is the creator and master of this world. Satan is, to me. I even defy Buddhism, which has helped fuel and expand my beliefs. Nirvana is Satan consuming your existence. And no one gets me whn I say the exit to the prison is the manager's mouth... (Zen riddle I created in defiance of the dhamma)

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-10-25, 18:36
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
You don't have many friends, do you?

I think there's a lot of growth going on. Your first and second sentences in your second paragraph are completely contradictory. Maybe there's nothing new under the sun, but there's discoveries of things that haven't been done or understood before. When knowledge is final, if we haven't killed ourselves by then, maybe humanity will cease since there won't be a darn thing to do anymore. If I want to learn about something new I'd prefer not to struggle too much to understand it.
And I'm all for grabbing on to learning new things, but I'll never be as esoteric as you and I can't say as I'd want to be. I like being a ladybug on this planet instead of one of those flurescent fish swimming where not much else is and not much wants to be there. That's just me though.

I'd choose my friends wisely, because for humans, all ends in suffering unless they realise so. I do. I look for those who can understand why inanity and elitism suck ass. Spectralise you do again. Ordered are those into their popularities. Insane are we to relinquish. Enlightenment can only be attained by intuition, friends can't help.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-10-25, 20:30
Amadeus
Quantum.

So we don't really have to worry then...? If insight is going to strike us, then it will do so by way of intuition and only luck (yes yes, chance happening to coincide with our conscious wishes...) can give us the needed experience to gain the insight.
Not that it bothers me much, but for the sake of form I will ad it - I hope you do not take offence at the question of what you ground these Truths on?

- Carl Sagan

Old 2005-10-25, 20:56
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Wouldn't inanity and elitism be at two ends of intelliegnce and make the perfect place right in the middle according to that philosophy?
Yes, sometimes the closer the friendship the more the suffering. Sometimes that suffering is in being parted by death of the friend. Believing as I do I feel that those loved and lost will be reunited in the afterlife. Not pushing my beliefs onto you, but just expressing the differences.
Not everyone can be a true friend. The old saying that one is silver and the other gold can mean longevity or the intimacy of the relationship between friends. If something happens to shatter a golden friendship it would certainly be more hurtful than a silver one. One never knows who the golden ones will turn out to be. Some of my most golden have turned out to be net friends that I've exchanged more than casual hellos with. And at times, there's been a trial or so, but we've gotten beyond that. Being friends is just something you have to take a chance with sometimes. Being a silver friend to me is quite easy, but being a golden one takes a little more depth. So I suppose I choose mine with a little care and caution, too. That's as it should be.
Everyone has some type of cultural influence even if they're the beginning of that culture so as soon as one other person shares their views it becomes a popularity. I can say I'm independent in my thinking, but another independent thinker shares that value and becomes part of that popularity called independent thinking.
Spectralizing I imagine to be prismatic. Is that the effect you were meaning with that word? If that's the case I'd love to be that way. I think I am when I write verses and songs because of the breadth of scope in which I try to write. If you have a different meaning for that, please explain.
Your last statement is true to a certain degree. The only way for one to learn is to put thoughts into one's own head and be able to utilize them. I can learn from anyone. I can learn how to climb a tree from a monkey and it can learn to smoke cigarettes from me, but that doesn't mean we're friends. Maybe observers. With things that pertain to humanity we can learn from each other in teacher/student exchanges of ideas and knowledge, but when that step of friendship is added sometimes it makes the exchange less formal and easier to learn.
Thank you for making me think.

Old 2005-10-27, 17:45
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
So we don't really have to worry then...? If insight is going to strike us, then it will do so by way of intuition and only luck (yes yes, chance happening to coincide with our conscious wishes...) can give us the needed experience to gain the insight.
Not that it bothers me much, but for the sake of form I will ad it - I hope you do not take offence at the question of what you ground these Truths on?

Offence none.
Just long hard insight. Like you appear to with, intelligence is outdone by imagination. For one, the real world does not give away it's truthes. They remain unseen to those free of programmed logical intuition.
Concentration and application, one of my mottoes. However there is a point where you realise there is the possibility of motion at a tangent into these unknowns; delusion. Usually at this point, you are applying the theoretical to the theoretical.
Imagination is the key to finding the answer but it is also the light along the path of delusion.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-10-27, 17:59
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Wouldn't inanity and elitism be at two ends of intelliegnce and make the perfect place right in the middle according to that philosophy?
Yes, sometimes the closer the friendship the more the suffering. Sometimes that suffering is in being parted by death of the friend. Believing as I do I feel that those loved and lost will be reunited in the afterlife. Not pushing my beliefs onto you, but just expressing the differences.
Not everyone can be a true friend. The old saying that one is silver and the other gold can mean longevity or the intimacy of the relationship between friends. If something happens to shatter a golden friendship it would certainly be more hurtful than a silver one. One never knows who the golden ones will turn out to be. Some of my most golden have turned out to be net friends that I've exchanged more than casual hellos with. And at times, there's been a trial or so, but we've gotten beyond that. Being friends is just something you have to take a chance with sometimes. Being a silver friend to me is quite easy, but being a golden one takes a little more depth. So I suppose I choose mine with a little care and caution, too. That's as it should be.
Everyone has some type of cultural influence even if they're the beginning of that culture so as soon as one other person shares their views it becomes a popularity. I can say I'm independent in my thinking, but another independent thinker shares that value and becomes part of that popularity called independent thinking.
Spectralizing I imagine to be prismatic. Is that the effect you were meaning with that word? If that's the case I'd love to be that way. I think I am when I write verses and songs because of the breadth of scope in which I try to write. If you have a different meaning for that, please explain.
Your last statement is true to a certain degree. The only way for one to learn is to put thoughts into one's own head and be able to utilize them. I can learn from anyone. I can learn how to climb a tree from a monkey and it can learn to smoke cigarettes from me, but that doesn't mean we're friends. Maybe observers. With things that pertain to humanity we can learn from each other in teacher/student exchanges of ideas and knowledge, but when that step of friendship is added sometimes it makes the exchange less formal and easier to learn.
Thank you for making me think.

Don't think like that. Search not for solace within others. You will create a circle which must be maintained to maintain the existence of you and the others. Embrace others but realise that no matter how close you get, there is still distance between you and the others. Something I learned off the poster that introduced me to Zen. A man atop a rock looks across the rock to another upon which there is a tree: the Tree of Enlightenment. No matter, physics tells us, how close we get to the tree, even when touching it, there is still distance. There is a thread called Said Of Zen I started somewhere a bit ago, go read for details.

Very good at recognising cultural influence, why Buddhism is a psychic black hole. It is spawned of the thought of the Aryans. My next prose I originally wrote for my Philosophy teacher I'll be submitting soon. I'm teaching her!

Spectrums we build and climb. Spectrums then we fall to the bottom of and suffer because of our arses feel something under them and because the bones of that region are broken.

Always remember, I smile despite the organic resistance to my laterality. This resistance is doubt. It fears destruction of the system it has built. Do not relinquish the body, invite into the lateral. Something I still have to learn.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Unanything : 2005-10-27 at 18:02.

Old 2005-10-27, 19:27
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Well, the first part of what you said can also pertain to the johari window idea which has nothing to do with religion. Which is sharing of ideas and values with self and with others. Sometimes something isn't even thought of or the reaction isn't noticed until the self realises it or someone else does whether it's a repeated experience or a new one.
I'd think that one's own position would be to vary from the rock to the tree all during one's life depending on each situation. Sometimes another on the rock can be helped by the one on the tree if the tree dweller allows that to happen and doesn't just sit there. They may just watch as the other falls on their face or they might contribute something they learned when they did for someone else to benefit from thus getting them to the tree also.
If you do it solitarily you'd have to climb down or fall off the rock and then hope for recovery or strength to climb up the tree. If one does it alone without the thought of anyone else they would probably not survive as well if at all since I would think there would be no age limits on it. Why bother to have educators, doctors, etc. if it's to be like that? It would just be a survival of the school of hard knocks which would be chaotic.

Old 2005-10-28, 17:54
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Well, the first part of what you said can also pertain to the johari window idea which has nothing to do with religion. Which is sharing of ideas and values with self and with others. Sometimes something isn't even thought of or the reaction isn't noticed until the self realises it or someone else does whether it's a repeated experience or a new one.
I'd think that one's own position would be to vary from the rock to the tree all during one's life depending on each situation. Sometimes another on the rock can be helped by the one on the tree if the tree dweller allows that to happen and doesn't just sit there. They may just watch as the other falls on their face or they might contribute something they learned when they did for someone else to benefit from thus getting them to the tree also.
If you do it solitarily you'd have to climb down or fall off the rock and then hope for recovery or strength to climb up the tree. If one does it alone without the thought of anyone else they would probably not survive as well if at all since I would think there would be no age limits on it. Why bother to have educators, doctors, etc. if it's to be like that? It would just be a survival of the school of hard knocks which would be chaotic.

Shakyamuni could testify against. We only suffer because we care and get undesired response from things we want a particular thing from. That is the hard truth. Do not try to euphemise or deny because you cannot face it. We are locked into instincts and they want a lot. We are their only way to respond. Since I've denied most of the urges of instinct I have been happier. I have a hereditary temper and I have learned to control it to the absolute. It must be realised that we are the final masters of everything that happens that we decide to do. I do things for my own reasons. Educators and doctors are deluded. Although to people like me, they have a purpose beyond their own superficial beliefs of it. Why do you think you find we are so few in our depths of thought?

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-10-28, 18:03
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanything
Shakyamuni could testify against. We only suffer because we care and get undesired response from things we want a particular thing from. That is the hard truth. Do not try to euphemise or deny because you cannot face it. We are locked into instincts and they want a lot. We are their only way to respond. Since I've denied most of the urges of instinct I have been happier. I have a hereditary temper and I have learned to control it to the absolute. It must be realised that we are the final masters of everything that happens that we decide to do. I do things for my own reasons. Educators and doctors are deluded. Although to people like me, they have a purpose beyond their own superficial beliefs of it. Why do you think you find we are so few in our depths of thought?

I know not of this Johari window. Please explain.

If things are connected then they reflect into one another for they work to the same end. Religion and Johari windows, apparently. Everything can be made from everything else. Even atoms, even their constituents. You can make deadly radiation by removing the electrons from helium. You can make helium from hydrogen and copper is made from hydrogen and helium in stars when they begin to die. Photons, the particles of light, can be made by colliding electrons with particales called positrons, their positive counterparts. Apply to life. All is within everything else. All is reflected within everything else.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-10-28, 18:19
Amadeus
Quantum.

Of course, for the sake of argument, there is always the possibility that this depth of thought is itself a path of delution, lighted by our imagination. Which in turn would be spurred by the instinctive fear of the unknown, which breeds the intellectualised wish for understanding.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2005-10-28, 18:24
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Of course, for the sake of argument, there is always the possibility that this depth of thought is itself a path of delution, lighted by our imagination. Which in turn would be spurred by the instinctive fear of the unknown, which breeds the intellectualised wish for understanding.

True...
Something I honestly fear...
Although I effectively believe we have control of our ultimate fate beyond life. I looking for a resistance to Nirvana. My beliefs are becoming deviated by that black hole that is Dharma. The innermost hypocrisy I call it.

Comtemplate these riddles Amadeus and LBXXX.

1. The exit to the prison is the manager's mouth.
2. Resist the parabola's pull and you will be rewarded a sweetie by yourself.

Better still, you will find two sweeties in telling me what the parabola is.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Unanything : 2005-10-28 at 18:29.

Old 2005-10-28, 20:46
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Well, I'd much rather know what the sweeties are I'd be getting first.

The johari window breaks down into 4 constantly changing windows depending on what he shares of his thoughts. One pane is what he himself knows about himself which others do to, one what he lets no one know about himself, one that others know about him that he doesn't know himself, and the last is the unknown to all that can be the future of his life or death depending on how far you want to look into the unknowns.

I know what you mean when you related that people can react or not to a given situation. An antagonist can get on your nerves only if you let them. It's your own choice to react to the situation and it can be a joyful or a bad situation that you can remain neutral about.

Some of what you're saying is way beyond my thinking. Amadeus seems to understand what you mean, but some of it I don't. No worries though.

Old 2005-10-29, 06:43
Amadeus
Quantum.

Don't give me to much cred here l'b, but for fun I will try and answer the first of the riddles:
It's more or less a version of "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." Both demonstrates an apparent lack of anatomical knowledge, and the fact that to attain even so high feelings/states as love and freedom one must often tread the most basic and undignified of paths.
Of course, it might also be a question of the need of courage to challenge what is at the heart the evil restraining you - the manager's mouth being the great unknown, which, in the end, makes for most of the fear restraining our kind.
Want to give the other one a shot, l'b'xxx?

In any case, here is a simple one for you two:
A gem is a gem, is a rock, is a gem and a rock. What happened?

- Carl Sagan

Old 2005-10-29, 09:25
low-tech
Post-whore

its like something carl sagan would say if he fought in vietnam and kinda lost his mind. i dug it

Old 2005-10-29, 14:04
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Nah, he didn't say "billions and billions" and have his wife twist up a fattie for him. Cosmos was a darn good show though ....... to watch while getting a buzz.

The gem/rock thing-- the first thing I thought of was coal=diamond. Pressure, refinement, polish, and cut all produce a glowing gem that was once a piece of black rock. The same thing with a person who grows from basic infancy to someone who has durable strength and wisdom. A glow that makes them stand out like a diamond instead of being in a mountain unmined. Just a wild guess.

Old 2005-10-29, 14:05
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Okay, that second one I haven't a clue about, but I thought of something I'm sure is ridiculous and wrong so here goes.
It's ice cream without the cone. If you get it with the cone you might share it. If you get the icecream in a cup with one spoon you're less apt to share it and you may get a little more icecream than with the cone so you might get 2 sweeties. OR if you get it without the cone and have the same amount of icecream as with it, you would just be getting X amount of calories from the ice cream while avoiding the calories from the cone creating 2 sweeties. One sweetie the treat of the icecream and the other sweetie the avoidance of cone calories.

Don't ask how I come up with these things. It's scary.

Someone else take a stab at it.

Old 2005-10-29, 17:35
Amadeus
Quantum.

I liked that one. Honestly l'b - I liked that one.

And your answer to mine was not bad at all. The point is, as I believe is the case with Unanything's riddles as well, not that there is one correct answer, but that one is challenged to use one's intelligence. For the the one who asks as much as the one who is asked.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2005-10-29, 18:07
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
2. Resist the parabola's pull and you will be rewarded a sweetie by yourself.

Better still, you will find two sweeties in telling me what the parabola is.

Oh, I know, I know. We must lay aside the passivating influence that is television entertainment, which is given a whole new dimension of seductive pull with the addition of a parabola. And, when successfully doing so, there is plenty of time to bake, for example, a good apple pie with vanilla sauce... something I think I will go and do right now.

I will give it some more thought.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2005-10-30, 11:56
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

See , I can tell you're a guy with thinking like that Amadeus, because if you were a woman you'd know make the pie while watching soap operas and doing laundry all at the same time. Women multitask. Of course, there's some like me that do that but don't get more than a couple things accomplished at a time, but I'm getting better about that since I know I do that now.
Vanilla sauce would make it a french apple pie. Just have a slice of cheddar on the side and it's Pennsylvania Dutch. And make sure to use Cortland apples or my mother will hit you. My eldest son has already put in his request to grandma for his birthday apple pie. He doesn't want cake, but pie she's made every year. And that's coming up soon.

Old 2005-10-30, 16:15
Amadeus
Quantum.

And how, I ask you dear lady, do you know what baking involves when my person is also involved in it...? Thing is, the kitchen, the TV and the laundry are all in separate rooms in this house. Come to think of it, they're on different floors, in a way.
So I'll just got to make due with HM, the vaccum cleaner, a cloth and a bottle of silver polish...

- Carl Sagan

Old 2005-10-30, 20:00
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

You use silver polish? I've heard an aluminum tossable pan with baking soda and water in it that silver is placed in will remove tarnish. I have some sitting here so I think I'll try it. It's nothing worth much, but I wouldn't attempt it with good silver.
Bathroom is upstairs. Tv and kitchen on ground floor. Washer and dryer in basement and clothesline is outside in yard. And yes, I still utilize it. Phone is usually on the floor I was previously on and forgot to bring it with me. If I had been good at home remodeling I'd have turned the old chimney in the center of the house into a laundry shoot. It's an ideal position and there's nothing it's attached to anymore.

What is HM?

Old 2005-11-03, 14:38
Amadeus
Quantum.

Heavy Metal of course. (Admit it, you thought I was studying Hennes&Mauritz-catalogues...) Cooking combined with energetic headbanging, now THAT is multitask!

- Carl Sagan

Old 2005-11-03, 17:44
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Oh, never heard of 'em.
Just don't do it while using big knives.

Old 2005-11-03, 18:10
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Oh, I know, I know. We must lay aside the passivating influence that is television entertainment, which is given a whole new dimension of seductive pull with the addition of a parabola. And, when successfully doing so, there is plenty of time to bake, for example, a good apple pie with vanilla sauce... something I think I will go and do right now.

I will give it some more thought.

You dudes upto this post are having some brilliant thoughts but my riddles are general things to the universe, in universal consideration, television is too specific but it is a reflection of the parabola's pull and one of humanity's great problems. Such is the way of Zen - scripturelessness; non-specification.
The manager isn't any human persona though. That needs some thought. In the Johari window, he has power in the fourth quadrant I will hint...

To reflect upon - Why a parabola? I could have put a circle or a square.
New one - The glyph of infinity is what is seen when you run away from the parabola. The glyph of eight is seen when you conquer it. The twin constituents of eight can be multiplied with infinity to give one. What does this one imply?

This is my most complex thought yet and requires great abstract power to cogitate. I have always thought in numbers and I have found many of our numbers in fact match their values in cosmic terms with their shapes.

You know what Amadeus, they'd love you at the Shao-lin monastery. Non-sense that is sense.

As for sweeties, I meant general niceties.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Unanything : 2005-11-03 at 18:13.

Old 2005-11-03, 20:04
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Oh, I thought maybe the sweeties were chocolate or Zorro. Shoot.

You said that Zen is scriptureless, but wouldn't the description of Zen itself be a scripture of sorts since that's the guidelines for what it's all about? It's just not called the same thing.

Okay, the second one is if you ignore the outside influences and grow your own ideas you'll realise what the truth really is and that will be the niceity or sweetie.
That first one still isn't clicking.

When you're talking about numbers and the universe does that have anything to do with sacred numbers? A friend and I were reading about those and he told his grandmother abotu a specific one. She played it in the lottery and won $200. That was pretty cool. She gave him part of it. I've also been reading about the Mason's and was surprised to see that geometry of the universe is such a big part of it.

I have a riddle for you.
Q:When is a dude not a dude?
A: When it's me.

Old 2005-11-08, 18:10
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Oh, I thought maybe the sweeties were chocolate or Zorro. Shoot.

You said that Zen is scriptureless, but wouldn't the description of Zen itself be a scripture of sorts since that's the guidelines for what it's all about? It's just not called the same thing.

Okay, the second one is if you ignore the outside influences and grow your own ideas you'll realise what the truth really is and that will be the niceity or sweetie.
That first one still isn't clicking.

When you're talking about numbers and the universe does that have anything to do with sacred numbers? A friend and I were reading about those and he told his grandmother abotu a specific one. She played it in the lottery and won $200. That was pretty cool. She gave him part of it. I've also been reading about the Mason's and was surprised to see that geometry of the universe is such a big part of it.

I have a riddle for you.
Q:When is a dude not a dude?
A: When it's me.

Good. But why is it a parabola? Think of the mirrors.

Both riddles are in fact quite anti-Buddhist. They rise from a disbelief in complete unreality in all things realising the question of why do they take their shapes at all? And if Nirvana just is, and if Nirvana is just a reflection of Samsara (our world), then everything just is. Zen is the only good Buddhism. It is PERFECTLY scriptureless for it realises that scrolls are just tools and that we should do all by intuition because that is how we learn; that is all there is, perception.

I recently came up with a symbol that I believe is the meaning of life.
I must post it...

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-11-08, 18:13
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Good. But why is it a parabola? Think of the mirrors.

Both riddles are in fact quite anti-Buddhist. They rise from a disbelief in complete unreality in all things realising the question of why do they take their shapes at all? And if Nirvana just is, and if Nirvana is just a reflection of Samsara (our world), then everything just is. Zen is the only good Buddhism. It is PERFECTLY scriptureless for it realises that scrolls are just tools and that we should do all by intuition because that is how we learn; that is all there is, perception.

I recently came up with a symbol that I believe is the meaning of life.
I must post it...

And the numbers. They're not really sacred. Just our numbers stand for the cosmos to me. I see them in everything. I discovered this when I was 13 however the symbol just came to me the other day.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-11-08, 18:22
Unanything
Post-whore

Thus it is...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp The MOL.bmp (70.9 KB, 80 views)

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-11-08, 19:44
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

This is what I'd read about the sacred numbers. http://www.crystalinks.com/sg.html

Old 2005-11-10, 18:26
Unanything
Post-whore

That's intelligently-thought stuff. It might be true as well. This lot are obviously a bit of a cult. My numbers aren't sacred or anything though. They just mean the world to me.

Answer my riddles. It's the way. And consider my symbol.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-11-10, 19:43
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Considering the shape and the idea of mirrors, things just seem to revolve and reflect in different patterns but keep repeating themselves either as the being or as the reflection. Sometimes as an individual or as a whole population following another group.

Old 2005-11-12, 10:00
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Considering the shape and the idea of mirrors, things just seem to revolve and reflect in different patterns but keep repeating themselves either as the being or as the reflection. Sometimes as an individual or as a whole population following another group.

Still human thoughts, irrelevant to my riddles. Go read some basic Buddhism.

Quote:

Quote: