MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2005-10-09, 23:32
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

the "Germany 2006 World Cup" thread

ok, ok, it's just around the corner.

here's the full list of teams heading to Germany.

qualified teams (as of 16/11/2005):

African Zone

Angola
Cote d'Ivoire
Togo
Ghana
Tunisia
Trinidad and Tobago

Asian Zone

Japan
Iran
Korea Republic
Saudi Arabia

European Zone

Germany
Ukraine
Netherlands
Poland
England
Croatia
Italy
Portugal
Sweden
Serbia and Montenegro
France
Czech Republic
Spain
Switzerland

North, Central American and Caribbean Zone

USA
Mexico
Costa Rica

South American Zone

Argentina
Brazil
Equador
Paraguay

Oceania

Australia

predictions, teams that will dissapoint, teams that will surprise, winners, losers, etc.

feel free to post your thoughts.

Last edited by Ten Ton Alien : 2005-11-17 at 00:01.

Old 2005-10-10, 18:28
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Go Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Armenia, Belorussia, Germany and England! (In that order)

Old 2005-10-10, 18:35
obrien20
Post-whore

Winner - Argentina

Second Place - Holand

Third Place - Brazil

Old 2005-10-10, 19:13
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien20
Winner - Argentina

Second Place - Holand

Third Place - Brazil

Argentina? are they doing that well now?

I saw their under-20 team in the world cup under 20 final this year, they definetly have a lot of young talent!!

Holland has been doing great lately, since Marco Van Basten is our coach we haven't lost a single match, I think that's about 16 games now.... including last saturday when we beat the czechs at their place with 0-2.

I think Brasil has great chances of getting in the final, I also think Argentina will get far but I don't think they're going to be in the finals, maybe the semi-finals. Anyways, I do expect Brasil in the final.

I don't expect much from asian and north/central american area, except for mexico maybe... America might provide a small surprise somewhere but I don't think they're 'up there'.

as for the european teams;

Germany; it's the host country, they will probably get pretty far. they have too. plus, Germany allways seems to do well in tournaments, it's not allways pretty but they do find a way to 'bore through' to the final few. I think they'll at least reach the semi-finals!

Holland; our team is finally taking shape, it's been rebuild from the ground by Marco 'Goalo' Van Basten, backed up by Johan 'El Salvatore' Cruyff... hey what can I add to that, it should be a great team..
Right now, everything went great, we finished 1st in our qualifying poule with one more match to go. There's loads of new talent in the team and there's some more experienced guys like Ruud van Nistelrooy, Cocu and Davids to back it up.
If we continue to grow even more (like we have in the last few matches) I think we'll have a very good chance of reaching the final four.
Somehow Holland hasn't had a team like this in years, because the new guys never got a chance, Van Basten changed that and it worked out great. I expect them to (at least) reach the semi-finals. maybe even the finals, however I don't see them winning it against Brasil unless we grow a lot in the tournament.

France; I don't expect much from them. they're far from the team that won the ec back in the day. a lot of players from that day lost their touch and the last couple of matches didn't look all too promising. Honestly, I see them going out, very, very soon. Maybe that's just me though.

Portugal; They'll get far but will probably end up somewhere in the quarter finals, not a bad team. I was amazed they didn't crush Holland at the EC, because Holland was very, very weak and it was still the 'old' group with Dick Advocaat as coach. (who only liked defensive tactics and was fired btw..)
Portugal is a pretty steady team, I think they'll get pretty far in the tournament.

England; I heard Owen yelling they where going to be world champions. well... judging by the last couple of matches... I don't think so. I don't know if they will get everything in order but they should be capable of playing much better. Maybe somethings need to change in that team because the England I saw playing last couple of matches wasn't the England I like to watch.
I allways have held English soccer in high regards because it's just far more spectacular then the lame-ass-counter-goal-strategy from southern europe I don't know what will happen with them, I'de like to see them play against Holland in the world cup because it should be a great match.

Italy; another team with loads of talent. somehow they're allways kinda unlucky in tournaments. I think they'll be eliminated by mexico/argentina or whatever somewhere in the early stages. don't know why, but I wouldn't be surprised.

czech republic; hey, they're not even qualified yet! but they probably will be qualified. they're 3rd of the world, they where beaten twice by Holland in the last couple of months. both with 2-0 for Holland.. they're missing a LOT of players now though, Koller and Nedved are both not there at the moment, which royally fucks them over. if they qualify they will reach the quarter finals, at least.

allright, I'm done for now.

I'de like to remind you of the european group results as of now, Holland is the only one with 31 points and still one match to go. which means we've got the highest qualifying score in the whole of europe!
That's quite a difference to the world cup in 2002, where we FAILED to qualify. imagine how much good coaching and scouting helps... we're no.2 on the fifa world ranking list now, even though that list is gay, it's still good to see we're up there again.
I'm happy we're going to Germany and I'm eager to see some great matches! it would be great if we get far but we'll just see about that in due time.

Old 2005-10-10, 20:46
Black_Star
Senior Metalhead

Well, I still think the WC is Holland's to lose. Talent wise we have everything Brazil has and I think we play a better brand of footy.

If England wants/has any hope of winning I think they need to find an offence that has both Owen and Rooney scoring a goal a game. Personally would like it if they played Owen, Rooney and Crouch. Does any international teams have an answer ariealy for Crouch? No. Major advantage wasted if he starts on the bench.....

Old 2005-10-10, 20:53
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Biggest disappointment will be England for sure. Our tactics are just plane wrong and besides scoring early and sitting back to defend the lead we haven't got a gameplan that could realistically lead us to glory. Oh, and if Rooney gets injured (or more likely, suspended) we're fucked.

All of this is, of course, Eriksson's fault for being a useless tactician and motivator. How poor does one have to be as a manager to not be able to get the best out of players like Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard and Owen? He can't control that fat twat's temper either although to be fair, neither can that red-nosed cunt masquerading as a manager at U****d.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2005-10-10, 21:01
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Biggest disappointment will be England for sure. Our tactics are just plane wrong and besides scoring early and sitting back to defend the lead we haven't got a gameplan that could realistically lead us to glory. Oh, and if Rooney gets injured (or more likely, suspended) we're fucked.

All of this is, of course, Eriksson's fault for being a useless tactician and motivator. How poor does one have to be as a manager to not be able to get the best out of players like Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard and Owen? He can't control that fat twat's temper either although to be fair, neither can that red-nosed cunt masquerading as a manager at U****d.

you got a point there John,

Seriously, you guys have all the top players and one of the best leagues around the globe. I enjoy watching the Premiership allmost every week.
If you look at our national team and the most important players, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Robben, Van der Sar, all playing in England. they're on similair level as the guys you've got over there but somehow England doesn't play attractive football like they should do..

Do you think there's any way England will be up to scratch before the world cup? I do hope so but I think they'de better sack Eriksson or change tactics. Else it could be over really soon for England, anyways, Owen is convinced you guys will be world champions

By the way Mourinho is a fucking cunt for talking smack about Johan Cruyff, did anyone hear about that? Someone should shut him the fuck up, all he has done is get 13841302130128310982 dollar to buy a great team together.

Old 2005-10-10, 21:12
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I can't see us changing in the five games left (including Poland on Wednesday). One of the best games I've ever seen while watching England was the 5-1 victory in Munich but we haven't played like that since. We've forgotten how to.

The problem lies in the fact that Eriksson is picking the best players but they aren't suiting the system that we are currently using. Sure, Gerrard for Liverpool is probably the best midfielder in Europe and Lampard for Chelsea is not that far behind him. Play them together and they just don't work. For a start, Gerrard is forced to curb his attacking nature because Lampard is a lazy twat and won't track back.

That is criminal because Gerrard single-handedly won the Eurpean Cup for Liverpool in the summer because he drove the team forward onto Milan. He can't do that when he has to stay back and protect the back four. He's quite simply wasted in that position and what for? To accommodate Lampard.

My solution would be to play either Gerrard or Lampard - but not both - and quite honestly Gerrard is a batter passer, a better tackler and has a better footballing brain than Lampard. So I would drop Lampard and bring in Michael Carrick or Scott Parker into the holding midfield role. I reckon this would make a huge difference but Eriksson hasn't got the balls.

Re Mourinho: at first he was quite amusing with his arrogance because he wound up that Scottish cunt at Old Trafford something fierce. But now... well, he's very irritating and making a lot of enemies in the game very quickly. Rijkaard, Benitez, Wenger, Ferguson and now Cruyff - he's pissing the wrong people off.

Old 2005-10-10, 21:28
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
Re Mourinho: at first he was quite amusing with his arrogance because he wound up that Scottish cunt at Old Trafford something fierce. But now... well, he's very irritating and making a lot of enemies in the game very quickly. Rijkaard, Benitez, Wenger, Ferguson and now Cruyff - he's pissing the wrong people off.

and winning games while being the best coach of the new millennium.

seriously, brits especially, stop the bitching about the man. it's not his fault he's miles ahead of any manager you've ever had in England but it is his fault that Liverpool was HUMILIATED 1-4, playing in their own stadium.

Mourinho, days before the games even happen, has already won. learn this and you'll learn how to defeat him.

Old 2005-10-10, 21:39
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

I don't think he's the best coach of the millenium, maybe in England.

to me the guy is just a cocky prick backed up by a LOT of money from his russian friends.

Compare him to Guus Hiddink, who made the semi-finals against Milan and nearly won, hell PSV Eindhoven has 1/10th of Milan's budget, don't even get me started about comparing them to Chelsea.

Oh.. where was Chelsea last CL? Liverpool won it, didn't they

Old 2005-10-10, 21:48
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien
and winning games while being the best coach of the new millennium.

seriously, brits especially, stop the bitching about the man. it's not his fault he's miles ahead of any manager you've ever had in England.

He's got a long way to go yet! Remember, Benitez won the Champions' League in his first season in England with a team that - with the exception of Gerrard and Carragher - was nowhere near as good as the Chelsea team of last year. Benitez is the only manager to have wound Mourinho up because Benitez out-thought him in those Champions' League semi-finals and was tactically better than him.

I wouldn't say that Chelsea outplayed us when they won 4-1 either. We gifted them 3 of their four goals and the last two were only scored because we were pushing forward for an equalizer. Chelsea played good counter-attacking football but nothing more. They don't play the sort of football that Arsenal and Manchester United made the Premiership what it is today with.

Sure, Mourinho is winning games... but not a lot else. All the great managers are remembered as great becase they lost with the same grace and dignity with which they won games with. All this, "The goal that never was" regarding Luis Garcia's strike in the CL semi final last year. Yeah, OK, it wasn't a goal - instead we'll have the penalty and red card for Petr Cech that surely would have been awarded if the goal was not given. People forget that incident because you never hear Mourinho bleating about it like he does everything else. Mourinho also doesn't mention that in the last 6 games that Liverpool have played against Chelsea we have had FIVE certain penalties not given. You don't hear Benitez moaning about it, though.

I wouldn't place Mourinho in the same bracket as Busby, Shankley, Paisley, Dalglish, Clough, Ferguson or Wenger either. Mourinho hasn't achieved any standing in the game in comparison to these guys. Bob Paisley won SIX league titles and THREE European cups as well as a EUFA Cup with Liverpool in just 9 years. Not to mention 3 league cups on the trot in the early 80's as well. Mourinho has just ONE league title so I don't think his arrogance is befitting of his stature in England.

Old 2005-10-11, 00:03
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
Mourinho has just ONE league title so I don't think his arrogance is befitting of his stature in England.

that's no bad considering he's only been there for one year.

so: first year in england = first league title.

and everything points to: second year in england = second league title.

Old 2005-10-11, 07:39
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Haha.

Anyway, this is about the World Cup, not fucking Mourinho. All I can say is I hope like fuck that Australia will beat Uruguay/Chile to qualify, this is one of our best oppurtunities ever.

Old 2005-10-11, 09:55
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

I think our England squad will be lucky to make it past the group stages. We always just scrape through to qualify and they are pathetic to watch! We score one goal and then the team turns into 10 defenders and a goalie!
Sven needs to shout at them or make some of them sweat by not even having them on the bench for a few games, they need a kick up the arse!
Owen claims that only Brazil are above them in the world class stakes??? When did the rest of the world become so shit? It's also sad that we have to rely on Rooney being in the squad to bolster the performance, that's a lot of responsibilty for someone so young, who, lets face it has 'anger issues' all it takes is on defender to drag his studs across his ankle and he'll be taking an early bath!
If they play like they have been I shall be turning over to watch 'Little House on The Prairie' or something else less wet blousey than their performance!

Last edited by Dahmers Fridge : 2005-10-11 at 10:31.

Old 2005-10-11, 10:37
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca
Haha.

Anyway, this is about the World Cup, not fucking Mourinho. All I can say is I hope like fuck that Australia will beat Uruguay/Chile to qualify, this is one of our best oppurtunities ever.

hey, you got Hiddink as a coach, right?? well that's one of the best guys you can have. I don't know how talented australia's team is (just never ever saw them play) but it would be cool if they qualified.

Old 2005-10-11, 18:25
Black_Star
Senior Metalhead

WTF!!!!!!!!!!! King starting in midfield? Whaaaaaat? http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...=345442&cc=5901

Seriously I really want to to send the england FA my resume to manage because this is the biggest bone head move if you ask me. King? Midfield?
Eriksson no more
Dekking for Manager in 06'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: I guess it doesn't really matter because england is in but I don't think team morale can take another loss.....
-------------Robinson-------------
Rio-----Cambell------Terry----A.Cole

------Becks------Hardgraves-------

---------------Gerrard------------

------Owen-------------Roo-------
--------------Crouch--------------

The diagram really is useless here but basiclly:
Cole plays the leftback/winger role
Becks plays the right side to make up for rio playing rightback
Hardgraves is the holding midfielder
This frees up Gerrard to do whatever
Crouch plays slightly a head of owen or roo, use him mainly for set pieces/ariel passes to feed the other two strikers

Old 2005-10-12, 05:52
SARS
Post-whore

The formation is right, the selection isn't.

Having two men behind Gerrard is too negative in my eyes, and Gerrard should only be in that holding role whenever England are on the back foot.

I think playing Ledley King behing Lampard & Gerrard would be a good Idea, that's a central core of players (terry, cambell & gerrard) who are all captains of their clubs and would bring the captain experience into their roles.....so really, Eriksson is playing the selection (if not the formation) I said in the other topic...with the addition of King in the centre of midfield.

Old 2005-10-12, 20:29
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Portugal didn't played very well tonight. many missed goals which makes me wonder if our current choices for the attack are the best ones.

both Nuno Gomes and Pauleta have been far surpassed by the giant Hugo Almeida. Scolari should pick him.

anyways, congrats Sweden (list updated).

Old 2005-10-12, 21:36
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

the czechs are also placed, like I expected, tough luck for roumania.

Zinedine Zidane played very well tonight! sure it was against cyprus but hey

It's allways funny how people try to analyse the future but when it comes to soccer, it's very hard. Lots of teams are still growing, France is starting to be a team to, after Zidane got back they got out of the shithole they where in. they're still not the team that they where in the past. I don't see them reaching that level anyday soon.

Portugal, they're hard to judge but like I said, they have the potential of getting very far.

Did anyone catch any of the Mexico matches? man, they should provide for a nice surprise in germany.

About Germany.. they lost against Turkey this weekend

Old 2005-10-12, 23:41
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

to me, one of the major surprises so far was Serbia & Montenegro.

Spain, Czech Republic and Turkey will now play the playoffs against Norway, Slovakia and Switzerland.

anyone expecting any major surprises?

Old 2005-10-13, 08:11
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

So it's Australia vs. Uruguay again. Fuck. Here we go again, another four years of nothing.......

Old 2005-10-13, 08:55
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
to me, one of the major surprises so far was Serbia & Montenegro.

Spain, Czech Republic and Turkey will now play the playoffs against Norway, Slovakia and Switzerland.

anyone expecting any major surprises?

maybe from Slovakia?

there might be 4 dutch coaches at the world cup!

1. marco van basten (holland)
2. dick advocaat (south-korea)
3. guus hiddink (australia)
4. leo beenhakker (trinidad and tobago)

that last one, they beat mexico with 2-1 australia has got a difficult match there...

Old 2005-10-14, 05:13
SARS
Post-whore

I hope spain are dumped out...

...christ, I hate spain.

Old 2005-10-17, 18:50
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARS
I hope spain are dumped out...

...christ, I hate spain.

any specific reason for that?

man, I just saw the battle of the dutchies in Portugal (Benfica vs. Porto with the dutch coaches) but Benfica really didn't do all that bad.
I hope Porto gets back into the game because Co Adriaanse is really a great coach maybe he's just beeing unlucky..

Old 2005-11-12, 23:58
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

UPDATE:

World Cup Play-offs (1st leg):

Spain 5 - 1 Slovakia (holy shit)

Switzerland 2 - 0 Turkey

Uruguay 1 - 0 Australia

Norway 0 - 1 Czech Republic

Trinidad & Tobago 1 - 1 Bahrain

Last edited by Ten Ton Alien : 2005-11-16 at 17:47.

Old 2005-11-14, 20:25
wellington
New Blood

great win for England

Old 2005-11-16, 10:58
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

WOO! WE'RE FUCKING IN!!

Old 2005-11-16, 13:05
humancorpse
Post-whore

Quote:
UPDATE:

Norway 0 - 1 Czech Republic

[/B]

ARGH!

Old 2005-11-16, 13:22
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
hey, you got Hiddink as a coach, right?? well that's one of the best guys you can have. I don't know how talented australia's team is (just never ever saw them play) but it would be cool if they qualified.

And we did! Go us. Beat Uruguay 1-0, followed by balls penalty shoot-out.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2005-11-16, 13:40
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
WOO! WE'RE FUCKING IN!!

Yeah, but you've got to bring your own beer!

Old 2005-11-16, 13:45
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

Quote:
Yeah, but you've got to bring your own beer!

We should just all steal the dutchies beer.
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2005-11-16, 13:53
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Go ahead... I'll stand back and watch the ensuing "drama" unfold!

Old 2005-11-16, 14:33
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
And we did! Go us. Beat Uruguay 1-0, followed by balls penalty shoot-out.

Congrats man!!!

Hiddink is a great coach, I hope he pulls off more stunts for the Socceroos!!

Old 2005-11-16, 14:34
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Go ahead... I'll stand back and watch the ensuing "drama" unfold!

I'll give you 'drama' if you touch my beer!!!

Old 2005-11-16, 16:42
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

I doubt england will get anywhere so i will support Norway who probaly have even less of a chance

Old 2005-11-16, 16:43
humancorpse
Post-whore

Good choice

Old 2005-11-16, 16:46
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Filth
I doubt england will get anywhere so i will support Norway who probaly have even less of a chance

I'm sorry, did you not watch the last 3 minutes on saturday?

Old 2005-11-16, 16:48
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

No

Old 2005-11-16, 16:51
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
No

Oh...well it was a joke anyway.

I love the way we English folk are so optimistic about our chances when the only decent football we have played in the last 6 months came within 10 minutes of football.

Old 2005-11-16, 16:52
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

I havn't really been following the football i often don't.

But yeah england are totally shit the players are wankers too.

Old 2005-11-16, 16:54
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
But yeah england are totally shit the players are wankers too.

Innit?

I swear if most of them weren't playing they'd be serving terms for rape charges.

Old 2005-11-16, 16:57
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Porbably

Old 2005-11-16, 17:12
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
I havn't really been following the football i often don't.

then you won't mind dissapearing from this thread.

Old 2005-11-16, 17:15
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
then you won't mind dissapearing from this thread.

Not at all mate cya.

Old 2005-11-16, 23:56
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

UPDATE:

World Cup Play-offs (2nd leg):

Slovakia 1 - 1 Spain (qualified)

Turkey 4 - 2 Switzerland (qualified)

Australia 1 (qualified) - 0 Uruguay (4 - 2 after penalties)

Czech Republic (qualified) 1 - 0 Norway

Bahrain 0 - 1 Trinidad & Tobago (qualified)

first page updated.

Old 2005-11-17, 00:43
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

So, are Russia through? What about Georgia and Armenia?

Old 2005-11-17, 01:51
SARS
Post-whore

My god, I saw Italy in action against the Ivory Coast on Bravo last night...now I realise it wasn't the strongest team Lippi could put out...but jesus christ they went shit along the way somewhere...

Old 2005-11-17, 09:31
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Hah four dutch coaches in the WC 2006!! (Australia, Trinidad, Holland and Korea)

Turkey against Switserland was the shit. Thank god the Turks are gone, no bloody cars with flags and yelling Turks hanging out of them.
They couldn't take their defeat, some Swiss players had to be taken to the hospital afterwards, the Turk players went crazy and beat up people in the Swiss dressing room. Fuck them Turks, keep them out of the next WC/EC if you ask me. They don't deserve to be there with this kind of behavior. FUCK THEM.

Old 2005-11-17, 10:37
Seve420
Senior Metalhead

Holy fuck.

They actually did it.

Just Click On These
Friendship In School Hours
StraightEdge Tattoo Removalist
The Acid Dancers
Skull Full Of Unicorns

Old 2005-11-17, 10:49
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
So, are Russia through? What about Georgia and Armenia?

check the first post in this thread. all the teams are there.

Old 2005-11-17, 10:55
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
Hah four dutch coaches in the WC 2006!! (Australia, Trinidad, Holland and Korea)

Turkey against Switserland was the shit. Thank god the Turks are gone, no bloody cars with flags and yelling Turks hanging out of them.
They couldn't take their defeat, some Swiss players had to be taken to the hospital afterwards, the Turk players went crazy and beat up people in the Swiss dressing room. Fuck them Turks, keep them out of the next WC/EC if you ask me. They don't deserve to be there with this kind of behavior. FUCK THEM.

Jesus, that sucks. Fucking soccer hoons.

Old 2005-11-17, 11:20
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def

From what I just saw - it was a bunch of swiss players running of the pitch becuase of the hostility from the crowd, kicking officials & Turkish coaching staff and dragging down Alpay(sp?)whilst in the tunnel....i'm not suprised there was a backlash.

Though - Turks shouldn't have done it...if they let the Swiss carry on with what they were doing then maybe the result may have been reversed....who knows.

Old 2005-11-17, 11:58
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Right, the result would have been reversed in a stadium with 200.000 turks? sure. Come on they didn't do shit, they got their asses kicked in the dressing room by the Turks, that's just fucking gay. those pathetic bastards are just POOR losers.

Suits them right for not beeing in the WC2006, I don't have to deal with bastards like those riding their cars through the streets blasting turkish music, screaming crap and hanging flags out of their windows.

Old 2005-11-17, 12:02
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
Right, the result would have been reversed in a stadium with 200.000 turks?

Post match, reviewing and stuff....takes a while, around the value of a few months.

I'm guessing someone didn't have fun in EC2000 then.

Old 2005-11-17, 12:12
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Post match, reviewing and stuff....takes a while, around the value of a few months.

I'm guessing someone didn't have fun in EC2000 then.

what?

I remember England not having a lot of fun in the EC2000, they didn't even pass the group stages after losing from Romania and Portugal.

We took care of Romania for you this time, we knocked them outta wc2006

Last edited by Def : 2005-11-17 at 12:15.

Old 2005-11-17, 12:19
SARS
Post-whore

still though, Euro 96.

Old 2005-11-17, 17:06
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

what is the point you're trying to make?

euro 96? man I was 12, I didn't watch soccer yet...

Old 2005-11-17, 17:41
humancorpse
Post-whore

world cup 98..... that was good. Norway beats Brazil That was such a great moment.

Old 2005-11-18, 06:27
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
what is the point you're trying to make?

Fuck knows.

Old 2005-11-18, 09:48
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Well, I sure don't know

there's going to be a lot of crap about that turkish/swiss match, blatter is involved now too. he's swiss ain't he?

Old 2005-11-18, 09:53
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
there's going to be a lot of crap about that turkish/swiss match, blatter is involved now too. he's swiss ain't he?

Aye he is.

Wasn't it a Turkey and England match when a few english players suffered racist abuse in the tunnel at half(full?) time?....or was that another country...

[edit]

So there was...

Last edited by SARS : 2005-11-18 at 09:56.

Old 2005-11-18, 11:06
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

I can't open that link.. but I wouldn't be surprised. the Turkish fans aren't exactly known for their friendlyness either!

Old 2005-12-09, 20:02
SARS
Post-whore

Jesus christ, is anyone watching the draw for the world cup?

It's more confusing than "A brief history of time"

Old 2005-12-09, 20:11
SARS
Post-whore

Here's the groups by the way:-

A
Germany
Costa Rica
Poland
Equador

B
England
Paraquay
Trinadad & Tabago
Sweden

C
Argentina
Ivory Coast
Serbia & Montenegro
Holland

D
Mexico
Iran
Angola
Portugal

E
Italy
Ghana
USA
Czech Republic

F
Brazil
Croatia
Australia
Japan

G
France
Switzerland
Korea
Togo

H
Spain
Ukraine
Tunisia
Saudi Arabia

Old 2005-12-09, 21:34
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
D

Mexico
Iran
Angola
Portugal

sweet. Mexico sucks, Iran sucks and all players from Angola play in our national league so we already know that they suck.

Old 2005-12-11, 06:59
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Fuck, why did it have to be Brazil? Here's hoping we can outdo Croatia and Japan... ha.

Old 2005-12-11, 08:36
metal_monkey
Post-whore

i know well atleast we beat uragay

Youve made me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Metal Monkey: retarded comments galore.

RIP this guy

Old 2005-12-11, 13:58
Kai Latvala
Senior Metalhead

another shocker......
Benfica knocked Manchester United out of the champion cup football on wednesday.
Our Stuff
Reavers Lament
Snowfall

Old 2005-12-11, 14:08
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Latvala
another shocker......
Benfica knocked Manchester United out of the champion cup football on wednesday.

we have a seperate thread for this kind of football talk

Old 2005-12-11, 14:27
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
sweet. Mexico sucks, Iran sucks and all players from Angola play in our national league so we already know that they suck.

you'de better look at the last few Mexico matches my friend.

poule D seems pretty easy though. just as the German poule, it's a joke.

The Ozzie's have a hard poule, they have to win from croatia and japan. croatia can be pretty tough!

Old 2005-12-11, 14:34
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Here's the groups by the way:-

B
England
Paraquay
Trinadad & Tabago
Sweden

C
Argentina
Ivory Coast
Serbia & Montenegro
Holland

E
Italy
Ghana
USA
Czech Republic

G
France
Switzerland
Korea
Togo

These are my favorite poules by far. B has great teams there, the Swedes and English teams are favorite but don't underestimate Paraguay. T&T just got in for the first time under a Dutch Coach (Don Leo) but I don't expect much from them.

Poule C is mine, ofcourse. We've knocked out Argentina before and even though Bergkamp is not playing in the national team anymore, it's not impossible to do it again. It sure will be a clash of the titans!
Problem is, this is the last match of the poule. if we win from the Serbs and Ivory Coast the match won't matter no more. (only for 1/2 position)

By the way Kalou is the man to watch for Ivory coast, his brother might be playing for the Dutchies! haha. he's playing for Feyenoord now and has allways wanted a dutch passport. (it's not that easy though..)

Group E is between the Czechs and the Italians, with USA beeing a possible treath, they usually don't do that well at WC's but who knows.

Group G has Korea as dangerous outsider. Remember Hiddink & Korea at the last world cup? Well, they got a dutchy again this time, Dick Advocaat (remember him from Euro 2002?) He's a dick, like his name says but I expect them to beat Switserland or something and getting further in 2nd position.

It's going to be a great soccer summer!!

Old 2005-12-11, 23:25
metal_monkey
Post-whore

well i reckon we could beat crotia and japan but not brailz

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2005-12-12, 16:53
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

don't underestimate croatia, Japan is one of the best asian teams too but you guys should beat them. win against croatia too and you''re into the next round along with brasil!

Old 2005-12-13, 03:48
metal_monkey
Post-whore

ahh but we're fucked against brasil

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2005-12-13, 09:18
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

doesn't matter. if you finished second in the poule, you're still into the next round.

Old 2005-12-13, 11:09
metal_monkey
Post-whore

well we still might have a chance...to beat the rest of the world

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2005-12-13, 11:33
obrien20
Post-whore

A
Germany
Equador

B
England
Sweden

C
Argentina
Holland

D
Portugal
Mexico

E
Italy
Ghana

F
Brazil
Japan

G
France
Switzerland

H
Spain
Ukraine

Germany x Sweden - Germany
England x Equador - England
Argentina x Mexico - Argentina
Holland x Portugal - Holland
Italy x Japan - Italy
Brazil x Ghana - Brazil
France x Ukraine - Ukraine
Switzerland - Spain - Spain

Germany x England - England
Argentina x Holland - Argentina
Italy - Brazil - Brazil
Ukraine x Spain - Spain

England x Argentina - Argentina
Brazil x Spain - Brazil

Argentina x Brazil - Brazil

Old 2005-12-13, 12:14
metal_monkey
Post-whore

how u so sure about that??

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2005-12-13, 12:39
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_monkey
how u so sure about that??

He's not, it's a prediction - no ides of march dude.

Old 2005-12-13, 18:09
obrien20
Post-whore

hahaha.

Hey SARS, please, kick the bambis arses in Tokyo!

Liverpool 3 x 2 São Paulo

Old 2005-12-13, 18:16
Sodomaniac
Supreme Metalhead

hey, my town offers their "stadium" (it's areal small one) as a trainings camp for a team that plays in the world cup 2006.
The australian national team seems to be interested in my town.
I hope they will choose Wesel as trainings camp !

Old 2005-12-13, 20:12
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodomaniac
hey, my town offers their "stadium" (it's areal small one) as a trainings camp for a team that plays in the world cup 2006.
The australian national team seems to be interested in my town.
I hope they will choose Wesel as trainings camp !

Well, you're not gonna get much from the Australian team. hohoho

Old 2005-12-14, 02:07
metal_monkey
Post-whore

hay dont go saying shit about us Aussies

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2006-06-05, 12:12
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

it's only fitting that, at this time, this thread ressurects.

anyone hoping for surprises in the Group stage?

here's my picks (first & second place):

- GROUP A

Germany & Poland

- GROUP B

England & Sweden

- GROUP C

Argentina & Holland (probably the most obvious one)

- GROUP D

Portugal & Mexico

- GROUP E

Italy & Czech Republic

- GROUP F

Brazil & Japan

- GROUP G

France & Togo (Togo is my surprise team)

- GROUP H

Ukraine & Spain

Old 2006-06-05, 14:25
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Hahahahaha last night, the least friendly "friendly" game I've ever seen was on. Afterwards, the Dutch said "WAAAH! You hurt us! Meanies!" to which the response was something like "We came here to hack shins, bloody noses and punch Europeans, so shut the fuck up."

Australia, both team and country, has a tungsten wire up its collective arse concerned with proving that we can achieve slaughter in yet another form of football. All the others (which are admittedly a whole lot less popular) have been done. But this is our new hotness. When I started high school, ten years ago, soccer was a sport for wogs and fags. It has come a long, long way.

Also - fuck you, I WILL call it soccer. "Football" is a generic term from limited cross-eyed shitbox countries that only have one type. Well, we have four. So it's soccer. Deal.

Everyone here will be very upset if we bomb out against Japan. I heard they were shit against Malta. It all remains to be seen, I suppose.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2006-06-05, 14:56
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

"HOLLAND vs. AUSTRALIA POST MATCH INJURY REPORT"

Australia:
None

Holland:
Sneijder - something
Van Bronckhorst - Hurt feelings
Cocu - knee
Van Bommel - Bruised Ego

Old 2006-06-05, 16:30
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

It's true that it's called 'soccer' to distinguish it from other forms of football. Good to see that somebody realizes that the Americans didn't make that word up any more than they invented 'rugby.'

Haven't seen a game, but did manage to catch ABC's special fellating the US soccer team, trying to raise some support as though anyone in America will care about soccer until such time as our team wins a world championship. Basically the gist of the program was 'Everybody thinks we suck. Including you. But we really don't. No, I'm serious, we're pretty good. I know we're supposed to lose our first two matches, but, like I said, we don't suck, so we might not. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if we did.'

It was followed by some car racing.

Old 2006-06-05, 20:32
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

True. "Soccer" was coined by the English and is an abbreviation of "association" from football's true title of association football. The sports I have heard referred to in some way as football are as follows:

Football
Aussie rules
Rugby league
Rugby union
American football

Seeing that soccer almost exclusively utilises the foot (except for that cheating cunt Maradona), at least more than the others in any case, I hereby claim football as the correct name for soccer!

Old 2006-06-06, 21:05
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Eh, knees, chests, heads, hands in the case of goalies and Argentians, and all the various other legal places to touch the ball in soccer seem to undermine the exclusivity of the foot, and the fact that every other type of football can be called 'football' makes a distinctive label a good idea.

Old 2006-06-07, 00:56
Black_Star
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
"HOLLAND vs. AUSTRALIA POST MATCH INJURY REPORT"

Australia:
None

Holland:
Sneijder - something
Van Bronckhorst - Hurt feelings
Cocu - knee
Van Bommel - Bruised Ego

AUSTRALIA World cup report
More losses out in group stage
Holland:
Champions

Old 2006-06-07, 02:05
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Only a handful of days until my sleep patterns are baaaaadly disrupted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Star
AUSTRALIA World cup report
More losses out in group stage
Holland:
Champions

Holland? Orange-coloured. Largely racists and molesters. Support the introduction of prayer in schools. Ate paint as children.

Australia? Beautiful smiley people. Strong political support for puppies. Great deal of animosity towards bad things and meanies.

Yay for listing dumb stuff!

Old 2006-06-08, 01:21
Black_Star
Senior Metalhead

AUS: Criminals.

Old 2006-06-08, 01:53
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

i havent watched soccer at all in the past 4 years.....if you ask why, then i probably know more about soccer than your stupid ass, but that is the extent of knowledge.

i'll probably watch the world cup this time around......i love the playoffs in college basketball and the NBA, so why not watch THE FUCKIN WORLD GO AT IT. i'm pretty excited.

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2006-06-08, 02:46
YJM04
Post-whore

yea im gonna watch it friday. i cant wait!too bad not many americans know what world cup soccer is. i asked one of my friends what it was and he thought it was hockey. dont worry i did slap him.
costa rica is gonna loose so bad to germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
ibut i wouldnt get any help at a slipknot board, theyre struggling with palm muting!

Last edited by YJM04 : 2006-06-09 at 03:14.

Old 2006-06-09, 15:24
metal_monkey
Post-whore

4 minutes till germany vs costa rico

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2006-06-09, 19:17
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

haven't seen the full game, i must say the highlights on the news make it sound Costa Rica was lucky of just getting 4 on their asses.

nice win for the home crowd with 2 impressive goals from Germany.

Poland - Equador has been a nice game so far. i'll update all resultas later on.

Old 2006-06-10, 00:34
metal_monkey
Post-whore

yeah germany won 4-2 but the germans made some mistakes in that match

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2006-06-10, 07:24
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

FUCK!

Poland 0

Equador 2

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFU CKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

Old 2006-06-10, 11:45
BlackRoseImmortal
Senior Metalhead

To all you taking notice of group C, don't write off Ivory Coast. Their team is very impressive. Argentina will come top, I think that's as certain as Brazil in their group, but the match between Holland and Ivory Coast will decide who comes second. And you all saw the big upset with Poland last night.

Old 2006-06-11, 11:49
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

results so far:

..:GROUP A:..

Germany 4–2 Costa Rica

Poland 0–2 Ecuador

-: STANDINGS :-

1 -- Germany (3)
2 -- Ecuador (3)
3 -- Costa Rica (0)
4 -- Poland (0)

..__________________..

..:GROUP B:..

England 1–0 Paraguay

Trinidad and Tobago 0–0 Sweden

-: STANDINGS :-

1 -- England (3)
2 -- Sweden (1)
3 -- Trinidad and Tobago (1)
4 -- Paraguay (0)

..__________________..

i'll put GROUP C and GROUP D after today's matches.

nice surprise by Trinidad and Tobago. better keep an eye on them.