MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2005-10-01, 23:58
Andy C
New Blood

Sound insulation?

I have a neighbor that apparantly doesn't like to hear me playing my drums. Which I understand because I'm no good. The only room for me to use in my house is in the front and has big window in it. Using the basement is not an option because it is short and pretty damp. I need to somehow cover that window to block the sound going across the street. I need it to be easily removed though 'cause we like to have the windows open when it's nice out and I'm not playing. Any ideas? Thanks.

Andy

Old 2005-10-03, 01:15
Wakeness
Senior Metalhead

Turn your set around so it's faceing away from his house, and hang blankets up. Hang one right against the window, another one about 3 inches in from that, and another one another 3 inches in.

Old 2005-10-03, 01:21
The Execrator
Noob lud

You can buy soundproof padding to put around rooms. Also they make drum sheilds. Their just plastic shields you put around your drum set so they arent as loud. I'll get a link up later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-10-03, 23:34
Andy C
New Blood

I do have my drums facing away from the window, but it's in a tiny room. I was looking at something like plywood with some 1" foam insulation on the back. But I have to figure out how to hang it and have it be easily removable. Thanks for the ideas. I'll have to see about that blanket thing.

Thanks,

Andy