MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2005-10-01, 19:35
Crestfallen
New Blood

unholy confessions style scream

i still cant figure out how the screamer in avenged sevenfold screams like he does in unholy confessions. he only does it in the part where he says "nothing hurts the being more than deception, unmasked fear.

Old 2005-10-01, 19:51
Vardanstalt
Senior Metalhead

My guess is he pinches his balls really hard and pierces his scrotom. That should give a wimpy enough "scream". Fuck-tard.

"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

teh myspace

Old 2005-10-01, 22:20
Crestfallen
New Blood

my guess is that your a natzi and you wouldnt have been so anal if i had 200+ posts. i, unlike you, have a life. youre just a little pissed off because its my first post.

Old 2005-10-01, 22:28
Vardanstalt
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestfallen
my guess is that your a natzi and you wouldnt have been so anal if i had 200+ posts. i, unlike you, have a life. youre just a little pissed off because its my first post.

Damn, whats with all these emo kids today who cant spell right. Its Nazi not "Natzi". Your just being anal cause you listen to shit music, like avenged sevenfold, and you have a clamp squeezing your urethra.

"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

teh myspace

Old 2005-10-02, 00:21
Crestfallen
New Blood

that was a typo trust me. a7x isnt emo at all. just about all of their songs are straight out of the bible.

Old 2005-10-02, 04:20
Nothing
New Blood

which is gay, listen to bodom or norther if u wanna hear good singing or at least good guitar skills

Old 2005-10-02, 06:35
Amadeus
Quantum.

Thank you Vardan, your ability to twist away from the original subject and actually manage to tick people off - in writing AND anonymously - is fascinating, not to mention mildly amusing.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2005-10-02, 06:50
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
which is gay, listen to bodom or norther if u wanna hear good singing or at least good guitar skills

Just shut the fuck up right now. No, I don't have any clever insults, no "burns", just the fact that you should never ever post on these forums ever again.

Sorry, I don't have any tips on getting the right scream as i'm not a vocalist. Good luck with it, hopefully somebody will swallow their pride and give you a good answer. Most of the people on the forum are afraid to admit to liking anything other than death metal. If I were you i'd try to learn how to sing like he does on City of Evil. That takes way more talent than screaming in my opinion.

Last edited by ShredIsNotDead : 2005-10-02 at 07:05.

Old 2005-10-02, 07:01
Amadeus
Quantum.

Hey, Crestfallen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
Just shut the fuck up right now. No, I don't have any clever insults, no "burns", just the fact that you should never ever post on these forums ever again.

Sorry, I don't have any tips on getting the right scream as i'm not a vocalist. Good luck with it, hopefully somebody will swallow their pride and give you a good answer. Most of the people on the forum are afraid to admit to liking anything other than death metal.

You are quite right. Thank you, indeed. Crestfallen (I refer to the username), I don't know exactly how the singer you write about sounds, but my tip is to start with clear notes and slowly work your way up the scales. I have found the electronic tuners for guitars - you know, the ones with little mikes that sense the tones from the string and shows it on a little screen - to be a great help here. Start with tones that you are comfortable with and go up note for note. Take care though, as the voice can take damage when you get high up the same way 120kg weights can do to your arms. Then when - and if - you get high enough you can start thinking about screaming and crackling, more or less like the distortion of guitar tones.
Last but not least, it is a question of feeling. If the lyrics and music - what it is about - makes you wanna scream, then you will, (with the proper training) scream like something from hell in the end.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2005-10-11, 15:17
GravelFistFM
New Blood

you wouldnt think so but its breathy, try rasping your voice when u sing. dont doubt me, i can do it

Old 2005-11-09, 19:30
The Angry Hobbit
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

actually a7x does have some damn good guitarists.... i saw a vid of them doing some crazy ass sweeps.

Old 2005-11-09, 20:37
SARS
Post-whore

Quote:
listen to bodom

Retract that statement.

Old 2005-11-16, 09:39
ulrichmc
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestfallen
i still cant figure out how the screamer in avenged sevenfold screams like he does in unholy confessions. he only does it in the part where he says "nothing hurts the being more than deception, unmasked fear.

This probably won't exactly help but my sisters just went to their show in St. Louis and they said he didn't scream at all and was having trouble singing. Apparently he fucked his voice up from screaming like that. So basically be careful if you try that shit.

Old 2005-12-03, 19:45
GravelFistFM
New Blood

he has throat cancer so he cant screm like he did before.