MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2005-11-23, 06:37
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Trans, there is an exercise where you are suspended in the air but your hands and arms are supported as you are holding onto "arm rests with hand grips"...then you lift you legs, its great and your spine does not bend as there is a back rest supporting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2005-11-23, 12:51
Transient
HES BAAACK

is that on a machine or what?

Old 2005-11-23, 16:22
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

BodyBuilding.com is a Great place for descriptive workouts, nutrition information and exercise tips.

This is what I was talking about.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2002/kneeraisefront.jpg
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/200...raisefront2.jpg

This is a good exercise that does not involve the spine to move..there are a few more as well.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ima...ssballstart.jpg
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ima...sballfinish.jpg

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2005-11-23, 23:01
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpurgis
30 minutes of curls? Why the hell are you doing that?

I have no idea what this is referring to, but anyone who does 30 minutes of curls is functionally retarded.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2005-11-23, 23:20
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Actally, I was doing the 110lb bar curls, a couple of them; then I was like, hmmm I wonder if I can do more, so I grabbed the nearest dumbbell which happened to be 65. I don't do one arm curls....I usually curl for about 20-30 minutes, starting with like 25lbs on each arm.

Yeah, it was 185 for that squat.....I don't really do much leg anymore after that, cause it won't stop. Even when I'm doing 95lbs (the bar+2 25lb weights) my groin tendons pump like hell. But I stil do a ton of calf rolls, and very light weight on sitting squat.

That's who.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2005-11-23, 23:31
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
BodyBuilding.com is a Great place for descriptive workouts, nutrition information and exercise tips.

This is what I was talking about.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2002/kneeraisefront.jpg
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/200...raisefront2.jpg

This is a good exercise that does not involve the spine to move..there are a few more as well.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ima...ssballstart.jpg
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ima...sballfinish.jpg

alright then ,thanks

Old 2005-11-24, 01:34
The Execrator
Noob lud

I just love my pecs now since i started working out. I can't stop looking at them and touching them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-11-24, 01:55
KevC
Senior Metalhead

yeah, bodybuilding.com is a good site , the forum is pretty helpful too, it has a metaltabs forum feel to it..but none the less, I learned alot about nutrition and exercises from those guys

Old 2005-11-24, 02:23
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
alright then ,thanks

No problem!

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2005-11-24, 18:39
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
I just love my pecs now since i started working out. I can't stop looking at them and touching them.

Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2005-11-24, 18:43
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:

Man boobs.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2005-11-24, 19:39
KevC
Senior Metalhead

hehe yeah, when your pecs start shaping up, its much much better to look at than when it was the unshaped so called man boob, the only down side is you won't have the "side" boob no more

Old 2005-11-26, 13:47
ManOwaR
Post-whore

I'm beginning to look a little better...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 52.jpg (79.0 KB, 33 views)

Old 2005-11-26, 14:46
Transient
HES BAAACK

hey manowar! looking jacked

Old 2005-11-26, 15:14
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yup, I don't think you've got much to worry about weight or tonewise.

Old 2005-11-26, 19:05
ManOwaR
Post-whore

thanks

Old 2005-11-26, 22:17
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Get bigger you damn sissy!

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.

Old 2005-11-26, 22:35
The Execrator
Noob lud

Damn dude, your getting big!

Whats everyones favorite muscle? And muscle to work out?

I would have to go with the chest. Benching, incline benching, and decline bencing is fun. Dips, push ups, and push ups with the stability thing at my gym are pretty cool too. My second favorite would probably be abs and obliques. I just started working out my obliques a few weeks ago and I didn't know what it would feel like, hah. It's pretty cool.

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-11-26, 23:23
ManOwaR
Post-whore

hehe I'm trying wally eating like a motherfucker!

hehe thanks exacerator

My favourite muscle is probably forearms or chest. My least favourite are triceps and calves.

Old 2005-11-26, 23:26
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Chest

I could bring up a shirtless picture of me on here and school all of you.

Old 2005-11-26, 23:27
The Execrator
Noob lud

When do you drink protein shakes manowar?? I remember you asking questions about it and no one ever answering them. Did you ever find out? Im curious also...

Quote:

Old 2005-11-27, 03:38
KevC
Senior Metalhead

hmm.. my favorite muscles to do are legs, after a few sets of squats and having your legs blasted to the point where you can barely feel them anymore, its greaat!! Least favorite has got to be shoulders - i need a better shoulder routine

Old 2005-11-27, 05:18
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Quote:
When do you drink protein shakes manowar?? I remember you asking questions about it and no one ever answering them. Did you ever find out? Im curious also...

It's not really a timing thing. I generally always do pre or post workout, but pretty much whenever you need some fast absorbing protein or don't want to eat.

I have an extremely strong back, and I love the fact that I get all light headed and have to sit down after doing heavy deadlifts, so I'd say back is my favorite body part to work.

Quote:
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.

Last edited by walpurgis : 2005-11-27 at 05:20.

Old 2005-11-27, 16:59
ManOwaR
Post-whore

Quote:

I always have one after workout and sometimes before bed. Sometimes on the mornings too, just when I feel like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
Chest

I could bring up a shirtless picture of me on here and school all of you.

hey I remember you posting a shirtless picture/pictures of you a while ago, from what I can remember you look really fucking good, can't bother to dig up these pictures thoug

Old 2005-11-27, 19:56
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

i was working out last thursday, and im fine now exept two muscles near my shoulders, probably cause i never use those

i thought it would be hard but actually its quit easy, just crank the None So Vile and go

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2005-11-27, 20:14
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
...and I love the fact that I get all light headed and have to sit down after doing heavy deadlifts, ...

Damn it Robert!!! Your body is telling you NOT to do that! You darn pothead. Lack of oxygen in your head is not good.

I'm telling your father. He'll deal with you later.

Old 2005-11-27, 20:21
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

What the hell are you talking about woman? Deadlifting can do that to you because it requires so much energy and physical exertion. And 300-350 lbs. is definitely not too much.

Quote:

Old 2005-11-27, 20:23
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
It's not really a timing thing. I generally always do pre or post workout, but pretty much whenever you need some fast absorbing protein or don't want to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOwaR
I always have one after workout and sometimes before bed. Sometimes on the mornings too, just when I feel like it.

Makes sence. Thanks.

Quote:

Old 2005-11-27, 20:33
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about woman? Deadlifting can do that to you because it requires so much energy and physical exertion. And 300-350 lbs. is definitely not too much.

Well, that's like picking up your brother. That's not a good thing to do. You be careful.

Old 2005-11-27, 21:08
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Hey Execrator, I wouldn't really recommend fast acting proteins right before bed, such as what you'd get from a shake. I've found out that cottage cheese is one of the best high protein before bed things to eat, so if you like that, do that before bed. It is especially better if you're trying to lose weight or keep it low.

Quote:

Old 2005-11-27, 21:10
The Execrator
Noob lud

Why not before bed?

Quote:

Old 2005-11-27, 22:59
KevC
Senior Metalhead

hey walpurgis, for deadlifts are you suposed to hold your breath while descending the bar to the ground and exhale as your coming up? Or are you supposed to inhale as your going down?

Old 2005-11-27, 23:14
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Execrator: because your body programs your metabolism to slow down then, and a bunch of fast acting proteins will go into your system faster than they will be used, and it will cause you to gain weight, or at the very least, be a waste of the protein.

KevC: To be honest, as long as you're making sure you're not holding your breath at all during any movement, your body is almost going to naturally breathe correctly, that happens with me anyway. But, depending on how you're doing the deadlifts. If you're doing them in quick succession (lighter deadlifts) then yes, inhale while lowering the bar, and exhale while rising. If you're doing real heavy deadlifts, heavy to the point where you almost take a second or two rest between each rep, give yourself a breath with the bar on the ground, then take the next and come up. Don't Ever, EVER hold your breath while doing any exercise, or I'll track you down and punch you in the dick. Trust me, you don't get any extra power output, you're just straining yourself too hard, and injuries hurt.

Quote:

Old 2005-11-27, 23:52
The Execrator
Noob lud

I'm trying to gain weight though. Is taking a shake before bed a bad way to gain weight?

Quote:

Old 2005-11-28, 00:04
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

If you're trying to gain then it may actually be a good route to go then. Just make sure if you're going to eat before bed, don't make it heavy carbs, that will just throw fat on you. And make sure you're eating a lot in general, because depending on your metabolism, you might be the type that burns everything off as fast as you take it in.

Quote:

Old 2005-11-28, 00:06
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

thats me, i eat alot, but i dont way anything at all

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2005-11-28, 03:23
KevC
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
. Don't Ever, EVER hold your breath while doing any exercise, or I'll track you down and punch you in the dick.

LOL , okok because I read somewhere that you were supposed to hold your breathe, I tried it once, it was pretty much impossible, I was gasping for air in a sec or 2. Is cottage cheese expensive? I plan on buying some but never had it either, is it harder to down than tuna?

Old 2005-11-28, 03:31
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

I've only known 3 people that haven't liked cottage cheese. Personally, I could probably eat about a quart of it a day, I like it so much. But if it's anything but straight out of the fridge, I can't stand it, so I'd recommend eating it when it's really cold. It's not too expensive either.
As for tuna, yeah it sucks to eat by itself, but try mixing it with something, or eat salmon instead. Those are two easily available types of fish since they come in cans and pouches and such, and having fish will give you some different nutrients such as aminos and omegas. Eat fish, and cottage cheese. And don't forget:

Fuck babies. Lift weights.

Quote:

Old 2005-11-28, 11:53
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Oh, you, Bob. Children's Services is gonna be all over your ass someday.

KevC--What wally didn't mention about cottage cheese I will. There's different sized curd, large and small. And some are drier or creamier than others. Get a couple of the smaller tubs to try different kinds and see what you like best. Breakstones is good but a little pricey, but the local store has their brand and it's good too. Some people like to add a little salt and pepper and some green onions to it for flavor. Some prefer some peaches or other fruit. I use it when I make lasagne and I've got a lowfat alfredo sauce recipe I want to try that has it blended in for a base. You could use it in your shakes if you blended it real well.

Old 2005-11-28, 11:58
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

And if you don't get the dry pack tuna be sure to get the stuff packed in water and drain it. It's much better than the oil pack. I like a little mayo and pickle relish in mine. If you don't like pickle relish then don't use that. Some like onion in it and you can use fresh diced or dried minced. If you use the dry, let it sit in the fridge about a half hour or so to soften it up in the tuna or cottage cheese.

Red and pink salmon are basically the same thing only one has more coloring in it. And white albacore tuna is the better tasting of the tunas. You can get store brand and it's fine.

Oh yeah! If you get canned salmon, there might be a strip of bones in it. Those are tasty little things and loaded with calcium. My grandma and I used to see who got to those first to munch them. They aren't really hard, but they're good. At least I like them.

Old 2005-11-28, 17:33
ManOwaR
Post-whore

I can't eat any fish I´m allergic to it, it sucks.

Old 2005-11-28, 20:57
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
Oh, you, Bob. Children's Services is gonna be all over your ass someday.

KevC--What wally didn't mention about cottage cheese I will. There's different sized curd, large and small. And some are drier or creamier than others. Get a couple of the smaller tubs to try different kinds and see what you like best. Breakstones is good but a little pricey, but the local store has their brand and it's good too. Some people like to add a little salt and pepper and some green onions to it for flavor. Some prefer some peaches or other fruit. I use it when I make lasagne and I've got a lowfat alfredo sauce recipe I want to try that has it blended in for a base. You could use it in your shakes if you blended it real well.

In a protein shake?!?!?!?! oh, fuck...

I'm getting a little fatter/bigger.....
I may have to switch to adult large shirts soon, cause my mediums are getting tight on the back and sleeves. Haha, and my waist size is rising towards a 33, so I may need to stop at a Salvation Army soon for more pants. Since I was on holiday and away from the gym these past 4 days, I've missed any workouts. Tonight is gonna be pain, because I've got to work out for 2 hours + my Aikido class is tonight. Anyhoo, I hope I haven't weakend my body too much.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-11-28, 21:06
Transient
HES BAAACK

well powers you eat like a fatass so im not suprised

Old 2005-11-28, 22:07
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Tranny is right. From what you said you eat the only thing you'll do is have a tire around the middle.
Yeah, you can blend some cottage cheese in a shake. Not necessarily a protein shake, but something you want a little more body in. I don't know if a food processor or a blender would work better for it though and I've never tried it. I think I read it on bodybuilding. com. But even if it stayed a little lumpy if you have other lumpies in it it wouldn't be bad. I don't think I'd do it in a full scooped protein shake cuz that would probably be too much for the kidneys.

Old 2005-11-29, 00:46
KevC
Senior Metalhead

thanks for the info walpurgis and L,B'XXX, it seems like you guys have a healthy household, I'm the only one in my family who is adopting a healthy lifestyle, sad really, but I guess its their choice.

powers: How is Aikido? They're offering some lessons at my university and I never heard of that fighting style till recently..

Old 2005-11-29, 01:28
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Ha, would that be because I mentioned it some time ago?

It's cool. It's not a really a fighting style, but a defensive martial arts. They teach you only a few punches, but it's mainly learning how to fall, stand, do joint-locks, and basically just taking down your enemy. We start classes with about 15 minutes of stretching, then the teacher shows up. The class lasts for an hour; and then after the teachers leaves, some of us stay behind and screw around with some moves on each other.
oh, and since this is a rec center club, it's a free class to all students....so yeah...it's free for me. And since I also don't own any sort of martial arts uniform, I just go with some loose street clothes on--works just as good.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-11-29, 20:39
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Last night's workout wasn't too bad. I wore a tank top so my bulk poped out in all the right places--looked kinda cool. My workout curl is roughly 40lbs now, and my tricep is at 30-40lbs. Butterflies I did 130lbs (that would be both arms together at the butterfly machine)
I also did a ton of back--20 or so sets of 8 starting at 50lbs each arm, and ending with 60lbs. I don't know what the machine is called....uhh upperhand and the lowerhand row?

This is my band's page

Old 2005-11-29, 20:42
Transient
HES BAAACK

i could remember the names of some of the machien and weights next time ago, tomorrow. my biceps are a measly 13 or so inches

Old 2005-11-30, 02:12
KevC
Senior Metalhead

hmm T-bar row maybe? One of my fav back exercises is hammer grip chin ups, ive been doing them for a few weeks now, and my lats have exploded.

powers: hmm sounds cool, I've been itching to get into some sort of martial arts class, I guess I'll join a class in my university as well, but didn't know if it was worth it or not, I think its about 35 $ for a year, 2 meetings a week..think its worth it?

L,B'XXX: I tried doing the mayo in the tuna!! I didn't think it would make a big difference, but damn, it actually tasted good

Old 2005-11-30, 02:33
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

I'm reading through this thread for the first time in ages, two conclusions:

1) Walpurgis gives good advice.
2) Curls are still gay.

Quote:
Well, that's like picking up your brother. That's not a good thing to do. You be careful.

Don't be such a sap, you. Deadlifts make fags into men. Let him have an aneurysm in his own time.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2005-11-30, 03:46
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Psh, curls are awesome you skinny man you.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-11-30, 08:41
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
Psh, curls are awesome you skinny man you.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait....

1) You're fat
2) You do curls

What were we arguing about?

Old 2005-11-30, 11:37
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
I'm reading through this thread for the first time in ages, two conclusions:

1) Walpurgis gives good advice.
2) Curls are still gay.

Don't be such a sap, you. Deadlifts make fags into men. Let him have an aneurysm in his own time.

Funny you should say that since I just told his brother I had a dream last night that wally was wearing pale green cashmere gloves and a dark green dress similar to one his greatgrandma would have worn. He sort of had a Jackie Kennedy look going. Maybe he needs to lift more.

Kev'-- Glad you liked that tuna/ mayo mix!

Old 2005-11-30, 12:14
sqol
Post-whore

A little vinegar tastes really good in tuna/mayo too Add some grated carrot, small cubes of cucumber, and a chopped tomato, and you've got yourself a mean pitta-bread filling!

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven

Old 2005-11-30, 12:22
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That does sound good. I'd use the burpless English cukes. I haven't had pits in ages. You caould even not do the bread thing and just put it on tomato wedges laid out flower shaped on a plate to cut a few carbs. Just because you're guys doesn't mean it can't be attractive to the palate.

Time for me to get read for my morning walk and giggle with Brenda. Maybe she'll be up to doing a steady mile instead of 3/4 walking and 1/4 shopping. It was fun anyways.

Old 2005-11-30, 17:14
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Wait wait wait wait wait wait....

1) You're fat
2) You do curls

What were we arguing about?

Actually: I'm not fat, I'm rather athletically built, and I'm only 164 lbs--there's barely any fat on me.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-12-01, 01:13
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I went for my walk and we saw the paramedics there doing blood pressure so we had them do ours after we'd done about one lap around. They had a bit of trouble with mine. The firechief did both my arms and then asked another guy to try. I had a top number of 120 but the bottom one was 80 and faded almost immediately so it wasn't real accurate. They were kind of baffled. Sometimes people have trouble getting blood from me, too. But we finished our mile of walking. I may go sometime and see if I can do a few more. I really think I can.

But anyways, when I got home I drank a protein shake and some water. For about 4 hours after that I felt very cold to the point of shivering. Then I couldn't seem to get enough to eat. I did healthy, but it still seemed like a lot for me. Peanutbutter on stone ground wheat bread seemed to be the most satisfying.

I've had some trouble with my asthma lately so that might have had something to do with it, too. I don't know.

Old 2005-12-01, 01:17
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Asthma must suck ass.
.....Aikido class in 43 minutes.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-12-01, 01:36
The Execrator
Noob lud

Haha, what's wrong with curls?

Quote:

Old 2005-12-01, 01:46
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
I'm not fat, I'm rather athletically built....

Hmm, 'athletically built"... for what feat of athletic endeavour, perchance? Sumo wrestling? Cake-squashing? Gut-barging? Dress-wearing?

Old 2005-12-01, 01:53
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Hamburger eating muthufucka.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-12-01, 11:38
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

He's going for that Wimpy the Burger-eater look. He's surpassing the 6-pack abs and going for the whole barrel.

powers' --Becareful eating the way you are. If your pants start fitting you differently in the waist area, back off the food. But the first place you put on the fat will be the first place you can take it off. You don't want to get too big and end up with some stretchmarks though. Sometimes those are a psychological hurdle. Trust me. It took me awhile, but I look at them as war stripes now.

Old 2005-12-01, 11:46
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
Hamburger eating muthufucka.

I did curls today after box squats, and I was thinking of you. In fact, I touched myself in a special place. People in the gym do stare!

Old 2005-12-01, 15:04
powersofterror
Forum Leader

hahahaha. I touch my chest a lot when I work out.
Box squats? Ya know, when I find an empty box, I've very prone to jumping up and down on to crush it.

lbxxx, yeah I know I should try to hold off on the gut enlarging, but eating so much seems to be the only way I'll get larger other body parts--like my arms and legs. If I just worked out, I'd still be scrauny looking, and my arms'll always be thin with golf ball size biceps. Sooner or later though, after I declare myself too fat (which isn't more than what it is now) I'll start the crunches again and tear up those lower abs.

This is my band's page

Last edited by powersofterror : 2005-12-01 at 15:13.

Old 2005-12-01, 15:24
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

But if you've got decent abs why risk the binge eating to try to put more on your upper body? I noticed that lifting cases and 1000's of pounds of #10 cans over my head to put them on shelves and in rolling racks really broadened my shoulders out. Maybe more overhead weight training would do that for you. I wasn't trying to do it. It was just because it was usually my job to put stock away and do inventory for so many years. As long as your arms are will they look right if they're too bulky? You don't want to put fat on your arms anyways. You'll get the old lady flabby arm look then.

Old 2005-12-01, 15:25
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Jumping on large bubble packing on a hard floor is much more fun than box stomping.

Old 2005-12-01, 20:44
powersofterror
Forum Leader

yup.

I get this from my dad.....I've got thick arms with long hands and fingers. I want large bulky arms though. And also with my dad.....no matter how fat he might get, his arms stay the exact same. He doesn't work out, but his arms are not flabby, and he's got some flab around the midsection.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-12-02, 02:46
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Well, maybe you're just predisposed to having that type of muscle in your arms. Just like some people will never have ripples on their stomach. The way the muscles and stuff are it doesn't always happen. I still wouldn't go overboard on the food trying to do it especially since your dad has a bit of a gut.
There was an article about a local bodybuilder that has just gone pro. He's 40 now and he started as a teen getting interested. He's a massage therapist and a bodybuilding trainer, but he didn't try competing or anything for a lot of years. he finally teamed up with someone that guided him a little bit, but about everything he did on his own. He said when he first started he was most concerned with arms and shoulders, but as he talked to others he got the whole body thing going on. He just won a competiton that set him in the pro line-up. Maybe all you need is consistency, time, and really working at it to build them up. But don't screw up your arteries and stuff with fats and things that will cause you other problems later.

Old 2005-12-02, 14:58
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Probably right.
but hamburgers taste soooo good......and I squeeze all the grease out onto paper towels before I put them on buns.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-12-02, 17:17
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

You're a dork. You know that? I don't care if you are a mod, you're still a dork. Messing with my head. That's not nice. and wipe that smile off your face! Santa is watching you. You hairy, long armed person. (I'm so harsh, aren't I?)

Get the 80/20 ground beef or 85/15 and use an oven broiler. Just be careful because the leaner it is the more apt to over cook it. If you put some foil on the bottom of the broiler pan so the grease drips onto that clean up is a breeze. If you're at school get a little toaster oven with that feature. I've got one of those little things and it's great for making small servings of things. Heck you're in Texas. Go put it on a rock in the sun. That works.

Old 2005-12-02, 23:27
powersofterror
Forum Leader

I'd have to wait 7-8 more months until it'd be hot enough for that, though 110 degree or so F isn't that much to cook with.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-12-03, 02:00
KevC
Senior Metalhead

haha powers damn your arm genetics and greasy burger eating, and no you do not want stretch marks! man, 2 years ago I ate so much, and over a long period of time i packed on 20 lbs of pure fat, got some nasty stretch marks from that, i see it as a reminder everyday why I will not eat those greasy mcdonald big macs no more.

Old 2005-12-03, 02:04
powersofterror
Forum Leader

I have a small roll at the lower ab, that's it. The only stretch marks I might be able to get is on my bicep from making these guns tear skin...

This is my band's page

Old 2005-12-03, 03:14
KevC
Senior Metalhead

damn your lucky, i got it all on my ass cheeks and inner thighs, let me tell you it doesn't fair too well with the chicks

Old 2005-12-03, 03:53
*insert name here*
Jono

Quote:
I squeeze all the grease out onto paper towels before I put them on buns.

Thats a good trick!

Old 2005-12-03, 13:32
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Quote:
I have a small roll at the lower ab, that's it. The only stretch marks I might be able to get is on my bicep from making these guns tear skin...

YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PUSSY, POWER SOFT SISSYPANTS!!!!!!!!!!! CURL, BENCH, SQUAT, DEADLIFT MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone's telling you to be careful, figure I'd do my part to keep you motivated. Just picture me yelling that in your ear over and over again when you're at the gym. I'm proud of you, you are the wind beneath my wings.

When people wonder what's wrong with me, bear in mind that I just got back from sea again, and I've been up for about a day and a half.

Quote:

Old 2005-12-03, 14:12
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I got my stretch marks from your fat ass, wally. And your brother although you were a bigger fat ass than he was. That's why I think of them as battle stripes. It took me awhile to get accustomed to them, but once I changed my frame of mind about them I'm pretty damn proud of them. carry about 26 pounds in front of you for a few months and see if you don't get a few. Plus mastitisis and fun stuff like that. Yup, they don't bother me. And they've faded a lot.

KevC--If that's all the ladies see are your stretchmarks then you have a MAJOR personality problem.

Old 2005-12-03, 14:28
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

You all have it ass-backwards. Eat mounds of pizza, drink loads of beer, and sit on your ass all day watching soap operas. That's the American way to stay in shape.

Old 2005-12-03, 15:38
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by *insert name here*
Thats a good trick!

Haha, hell yeah, what, you've never done that before??

Quote:
...you are the wind beneath my wings

Quote:
I got my stretch marks from your fat ass, wally.....

haha, and I bet you're also covered in spider veins--every spider vein on my mum is a direct result of me, the last one.

And today is my next workout day. I'll soon see how that goes....

This is my band's page

Old 2005-12-03, 15:57
Transient
HES BAAACK

well i weigh 154 now

stomachs still shrinking. be gone, foul stomach!

Old 2005-12-03, 15:57
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Nope, actually no spider veins. My circulation is so bad I don't think those are possible. I've got a few vericose spots on my legs, but they're pretty small and they happened from being on my feet so much when I was working long after those mooses were born.

Old 2005-12-03, 17:03
KevC
Senior Metalhead

what's a spider vein?

L,B'XXX: I meant that they don't really like it (the ones I met atleast didn't), they go wtf, then they got over it...i assume

Old 2005-12-03, 18:47
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Oh, once they have kids Or drop a lot of weight they'll probably have them to a certain degree, too. They're common. No amount of cocoa butter really does a darn thing. That's good that they didn't dwell on them though. Your personality must be okay then.

Spider veins are the little squiggly veins close to the surface of the skin that look like a mangled up thread they're so small. I did have an incident where I had a lot on my arms, but that was when I had an allergic reaction to something many years ago. They looked like road maps.
If you ever get blood shot eyes so you can see the little red lines in them those are what they look like.

Old 2005-12-03, 19:29
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
well i weigh 154 now

stomachs still shrinking. be gone, foul stomach!

Hah, we weigh the exact same.

Quote:

Old 2005-12-03, 19:41
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

All 3 of us.

Old 2005-12-03, 20:31
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

I guess I make it 4.

Quote:

Old 2005-12-03, 20:56
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Hah, we weigh the exact same.

we'll see about that !

Old 2005-12-03, 22:55
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

wally, you're full of crap. You'd have to add another 100 pounds on that for you, ya moose. Unless they quit letting you eat.

Old 2005-12-04, 00:32
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevC
what's a spider vein? ..

When you see an old lady, sometimes they have tiny blue-looking veins running all over their legs and hands.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-12-05, 01:30
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
we'll see about that !

Haha, what the hell is that supposed to mean

Quote:

Old 2005-12-05, 01:51
powersofterror
Forum Leader

...most likely he means that he's still losing weight, so you won't be the same for long.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-12-05, 03:10
KevC
Senior Metalhead

i see...spiderveins arent anything bad are they? So I never hear about these in my life...and guess what they're mentioned right here..

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/KevC/mt.jpg

Old 2005-12-05, 10:38
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
...most likely he means that he's still losing weight, so you won't be the same for long.

thank you powers!

cant wait to work out today

Old 2005-12-05, 11:43
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevC
i see...spiderveins arent anything bad are they? So I never hear about these in my life...and guess what they're mentioned right here..

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/KevC/mt.jpg

Well, other than cosmetically I don't think they cause any harm. It's the vericose, the bluer ones on the legs and stuff that can cause problems. They can be very painful. Grapeseed extracts are supposed to be good for them, but I didn't find it did much. Keeping weight down, a healthy diet, and movement are the best deterents for them. If you're on your feet a lot the right shoes and propping your feet up occasionally can help, too. There's surgeries that can minimize both of them if they get too bad though. A ex-co-worker lost over 100 pounds and she had it done with really great results.

Old 2005-12-06, 04:41
KevC
Senior Metalhead

i see, hope it doesnt come down to surgery for you though, but it probably won't since your on a good diet and all

Old 2005-12-06, 19:28
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Well, thank you. I just checked the backs of my legs as best I could while sitting here. haha That must have been a sight. I guess flexibility is good since I got my foot over my head with my knee around my armpit with my leg twisted sideways. I probably won't be able to move later and felt something popin my hip, but it doesn't look like there's anything on my legs that hasn't been. I'm not in too bad of shape, but it's getting better.

I told my walking partner today that we should start walking in some charity events this year. I think that might be fun for us to do and give us even more incentive. I don't know about her, but I've never done anything like that before.

Old 2005-12-06, 21:55
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Yesterday's workout - posterior chain, remembering I'm still recovering from 2 months off during exams, no serious weight.

(number of sets*mass*reps)

Work sets:
Good Mornings
Bar*8
60kg*8
5*100kg*3
3*120kg*3

Full Zerchers
2*60kg*3
3*100kg*3

Farting around:
Push press
3*40kg*8-10
Complexes
2*40kg*whole bunch of crazy shit until I felt ill

Warm down:
Running until bored of staring at fat woman on treadmill.

Today's workout - kettlebells, mostly throws
2*25 swings, 2H
8*2 forward flips, same hand
4*4 forward flips, right to left catches
3*8 back flips, 2H
4*1 lateral spins (DIFFICULT)
4*1 "clean spins" - from shoulder position to forward flip (DAMN HARD)
As many as I can get*1 - double forward flips, 2H (SUPER DOUBLE BUSH-LEAGUE HARD, am more likely to rip my fingers off or smash my hands to putty than stick the movement)

AND LOTS OF CURLS!

(Curls are gayer than gay men at gay clubs. Arm workouts are gayer than a busload of curls at Mardi Gras.)

Old 2005-12-06, 22:06
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

FBS, I've been working out for over 3 years off and on and I have'nt a sweet fucking clue what your workouts consist of. lol

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2005-12-07, 01:53
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Hahaha, wow you're a very cardio man there sane.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-12-07, 03:20
KevC
Senior Metalhead

lol same here, the only exercise I know from that list is good mornings, those throwing flip exercises sound interesting, what are they?