MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2006-01-03, 17:21
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Let's not forget the double your dating thread.

Old 2006-01-03, 19:57
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Headbang. duh...
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2006-01-03, 20:09
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Same with roller blading down the street.

For some reason picturing you rollerblading in metal gear down a street towards on-coming traffic, screaming bloody murder, and wielding an outstretched electric guitar in one hand in defiance looks very amusing.

That would definitely do something for everyone's cardio one way or the other.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2006-01-03, 22:12
powersofterror
Forum Leader

I'm sure anyone would look funny doing that, heh.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-03, 22:58
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

You're right. I just thought of newhell. It's a hair thing. I don't think Tranny would work. Certain other people I won't mention would though.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2006-01-03, 23:04
Transient
HES BAAACK

it would just be odd if i did it

absolutely nothing worth updating, however ive upgraded to fainl set being 160 on the dual axis chest press

Old 2006-01-04, 02:07
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

what the proper way to do a sit up? im looking for abdominal muscle mass, as i said before in this thread, chicks digg it

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2006-01-04, 02:49
KevC
Senior Metalhead

the best way to get the abs that chicks digg is to have a low body fat %

Old 2006-01-04, 03:00
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevC
the best way to get the abs that chicks digg is to have a low body fat %

check, what else?

NECROTIC

Old 2006-01-04, 11:39
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Lay off the beer. Middle aged beer guts start young. Once you start getting toned, if you know you're going to be exposing your abs keep your fluid intake lower since that defines your body more. Physique competitors go to extremes to the point I've read it's painful not having fluids. You don't have to go that far, but maybe getting rid of a little fluid padding would help.

Old 2006-01-05, 15:38
ManOwaR
Post-whore

yea I've read that some competitors drink a sixpack of diet coke a day for a week and than don't drink ANYTHING at all last two days before competition. It gets you rid of water from under the skin or something and makes you look more ripped and hard. I think it was something like that at least, been a while since I read it thoug. I'd definanatly not recommend it thoug if you're not competing

I think to add muscle to the abs you train them 2 maybe 3 times a week because they recover really fast and change excersices regularly because they also adapt very quick.

I've just started cutting, I've gained quite some fat... Cutting sucks compared to bulking

Old 2006-01-05, 15:53
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOwaR
yea I've read that some competitors drink a sixpack of diet coke a day for a week and than don't drink ANYTHING at all last two days before competition. It gets you rid of water from under the skin or something and makes you look more ripped and hard. I think it was something like that at least, been a while since I read it thoug.

Pre-contest dieting involves the careful manipulation of body/muscle fluid, carb and sodium levels. Diet drinks have their place, but not like that. Any bodybuilder preparing in such a half-arsed way would lose and deserve to.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2006-01-06, 21:18
The Execrator
Noob lud

I've been working my abs 3 times a week and they are pretty defined now. If your body fat is low, you'll see pretty fast changes from ab stuff. Well I did at least. Do crunches instead of sit-ups. And try running and sprinting. Once a week or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-01-06, 21:36
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Well I haven't been here for a while but it's awesome that so many people are in to bodybuilding and working out here. I got back from mexico a little more than a week ago so I did some cutting before that. I have a nice tan now, which helps a lot with definition. Now i'm just full out bulking right through until April.

My updated lifts are:
Bench Press- 180 lbs x 1
Squat - 280 lbs x 1
Deadlift - 285 lbs x 2
Military Press - 135 lbs x 2

Body Weight - 170 lbs

Good luck to all of you

Old 2006-01-06, 21:52
Transient
HES BAAACK

well im up t0 152 either on account of cookies or muscle. ive been adding a lot of weight on the machines at the gym and hitting the protein pretty hard this week

i dont really care at this point about body weight

Old 2006-01-07, 02:09
The Execrator
Noob lud

Hmm, I'm up to 156. Not bad. I've been getting alot of protein and just food lately. I've also been starting to eat half way decent lately too so i'll see how it goes this time. The weight finally seems to be staying on though.

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-01-07, 04:55
powersofterror
Forum Leader

My back is starting to bulk up nicely. There's something wrong with my eating though....gotta do some snooping around the internet for answers.....

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-07, 04:56
Transient
HES BAAACK

too much fatty foods, thats the problem. and stop drinking cheap ass 40s

Old 2006-01-07, 05:03
powersofterror
Forum Leader

No.....that's not it. My diet is not that bad. And I haven't had a 40 since school let out.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-07, 05:04
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOwaR
yea I've read that some competitors drink a sixpack of diet coke a day for a week and than don't drink ANYTHING at all last two days before competition. It gets you rid of water from under the skin or something and makes you look more ripped and hard. I think it was something like that at least, been a while since I read it thoug. I'd definanatly not recommend it thoug if you're not competing

As someone else said, don't do it. After two years of showdance and competitive dance, I dare say with some certanity that you should drink exactly as much as your body tells you to, and when your body tells you to. Don't overdo it; needing to take a piss during a contest looks very awkward.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2006-01-08, 18:15
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

WOHOO I just started excercising again yesterday after 2 years of not doing so. My arms ache so badly, i cant even straighten them. Time to start eating proper and working out every, or every second day. I should be chatting on this thread more from now on... So do any of you guys use builder protein or creatine? Not sure if i want to use creatine this time. I still got some left from last time i worked out.

Old 2006-01-08, 18:25
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

my arms between my shoulders and elbows are pretty good, but everything else is pretty stick like. what im looking for is:

6 pack
stronger arms
leg muscle mass
back exercises
chest exercises

any advice?

NECROTIC

Old 2006-01-08, 18:30
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

i got nice abs, good strong legs. Biceps are being worked on right now.

what Im looking for is forearm and chest improvements if any of you got some tips.

Zerton... I would suggest riding a bike at least an hour a day (if possible) i did that for 2 years and my legs were completely solid muscle. Its hard to now that Im driving my car again for me... probably will this summer again though. As long as you dont have much stomach fat, you can do some basic stomach crunches and sit ups to improve your abs. Another thing that works is standing up doing barbell curls. You use a lot of stomach muscles to keep your balance.

Old 2006-01-08, 18:36
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

biking sounds good, to bad its winter... and Canada but how exactly do you do a proper sit-up?

NECROTIC

Old 2006-01-08, 20:21
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

heres a good link i had in my favorites
http://www.trackfitness.com/content/excercises.html

Old 2006-01-08, 20:40
TheDreadfulHoroscope
Supreme Metalhead

Here is an exercise that exercises your forearm and therefore increasing your ability to play guitar among other things: Get a brooms stick, drill a hole in it, and then tie a rope around it. Then, tie that rope to a wieght (15 or 20 is a good place to start for a person with moderate strength). Heres the exercise: Grab the broomstick horizontally, and twist the broomstick, dragging the wieght up. You can twist it back down if you like, but that usually causes friction to your hands, witch blisters them if using a heavy wieght. Do both overhanded and underhanded.

Old 2006-01-08, 22:00
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertonshfits
my arms between my shoulders and elbows are pretty good, but everything else is pretty stick like. what im looking for is:

6 pack
stronger arms
leg muscle mass
back exercises
chest exercises

any advice?

bodybuilding.com
Go there, it contains all the info you will ever need. Ever.

Quote:

Old 2006-01-08, 23:04
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:

6 pack
stronger arms
leg muscle mass
back exercises
chest exercises

any advice?

To the tune of anything:

Squaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, squat, squat, squat, squat, squat, squaaaaaaaat! You ham-polishing fairy!

(Seriously. You need to squat.)

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2006-01-08, 23:10
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

looks like nothing but advertising and selling shit

Old 2006-01-09, 01:26
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

MorbidGuitar--Go to the supersite side of bodybuilding.com. not the cyberstore. Snoop around or do a search for what you want to know. There's all sorts of goodies there.

I think I've read at bodybuilding.com for a couple hours tonight. I'm intrigued by stairclimbing actual stairs. Not the 20 flights like that guy said he does, but I've got 3 flights available. Some of those I may try after my friend and I walk.

There's a one-legged squat they showed that looks like it's lethal. My husband said he used to do those when he was taking tae kwon do shortly after we got married in the late 70's. The final part to the movement is to roll on your back once you've gotten your butt close to the floor while still being on one foot with your other leg extended and then to roll from your back into the one footed squat postion.
Have you done those, fbs?

EDIT: We did about about a 1 1/4 miles at the mall today then I came home and made 8 trips up to the attic and rearranged my boxes up there. Then I tried doing those things I asked fbs about. HA! They were pitiful and I only did 2 on each foot, but I felt muscles working where I didn't know I had them. It's a keeper. So now I'm drinking gatorade, took my vitamin and glucosamine. I need a nap....

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2006-01-09 at 14:36.

Old 2006-01-09, 17:35
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:

6 pack
stronger arms
leg muscle mass
back exercises
chest exercises

any advice?

Look through 46 pages of random fitness talk.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-09, 19:47
Transient
HES BAAACK

im too sick or tired to work out today.im quite unhappy, as this is my first big lifting day of the week

Old 2006-01-09, 20:01
Slabbefusk
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

I'm not used to weightlifting so I reckon my sore bones in my right arm comes from it.

Old 2006-01-10, 01:31
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
im too sick or tired to work out today.im quite unhappy, as this is my first big lifting day of the week

Been there, done that.....fucking sucks man. Sleep for a couple days, then you'll be back on your feet again.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-10, 01:32
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
There's a one-legged squat they showed that looks like it's lethal. My husband said he used to do those when he was taking tae kwon do shortly after we got married in the late 70's. The final part to the movement is to roll on your back once you've gotten your butt close to the floor while still being on one foot with your other leg extended and then to roll from your back into the one footed squat postion.
Have you done those, fbs?

That's a horrible little combination exercise right there. Normal one-legged squats ('pistols') are impossible for most people - and that variation requires more balance than they do. Evil.

When it comes to evil exercises this takes the cake. It's called a glute-ham raise and it gets my vote (and my training partners) as the most vicious exercise in existence, no exceptions.

I bet you can't do one.

Old 2006-01-10, 01:34
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

thanks LBXX, i think i found it now...

I did my first weight lifting session 2 days ago and my arms hurt so much i could barely lift tires back on cars at work today... errrr. Im so out of shape. I wish they would recover do i can go and do it all over again hahaha. excercising is awesome.

Old 2006-01-10, 01:37
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
That's a horrible little combination exercise right there. Normal one-legged squats ('pistols') are impossible for most people - and that variation requires more balance than they do. Evil.

When it comes to evil exercises this takes the cake. It's called a glute-ham raise and it gets my vote (and my training partners) as the most vicious exercise in existence, no exceptions.

I bet you can't do one.

hahaha, insane. I can't even do 1 one-armed pushup.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-10, 10:37
Transient
HES BAAACK

i think i was just tired. i was asleep at 730 last night

today: to the gym!

Old 2006-01-10, 12:57
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
hahaha, insane. I can't even do 1 one-armed pushup.

They ain't easy either!

Best way to train them is with a Smith Machine - you use the bar to push off (instead of the floor) and you gradually lower it until you reach the floor. I'm currently training my one-armed pushup at about 4-5 inches off the ground. Almost there. It doesn't help when you have really, really, really long arms.

My training partner (who posts here sometimes) can knock them out until he gets bored. He is, of course, a total cunt.

Old 2006-01-10, 15:12
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I improvised at what it looks like he's doing. I stuck my feet under the edge of my couch to replace the bar and tried it. When I came up and felt my calf muscle in one leg say "sup fool?" I decided that was enough.

On the other hand, after my day of pleasantly torturing myself with all the leg activity yesterday I thought I'd be sore today, but I was up at 6 and began some spring cleaning in my bedroom. I know I shouldn't have waited until now to have my breakfast, but I had some whey concoction in my coffee this morning and I'm having my oatmeal with goodies in it now. My legs feel the activity from yesterday, but not as sore as I thought they'd be which really has me charged to push a little further.

Glad that helped out MorbidGuitar and hope you're back in the swing Tranny.

Old 2006-01-10, 16:56
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
My training partner (who posts here sometimes) can knock them out until he gets bored. He is, of course, a total cunt.

Who's that?

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-10, 21:21
Transient
HES BAAACK

i love how everyone here is like HELL YES DUAL AXIS CHEST PRESS 170 TODAY and then lbxxx is like HELL YES I SWEPT THE WHOLE HOUSE TODAY

i did fine at the gym today, nothing to report

Old 2006-01-10, 22:09
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I'm blushing as I laugh!! If you knew me you'd know what an incredible feat that was!!! Walpurgis would tell you.

I still feel more lung capacity tonight. I blew a 375 in my little peak flow meter this morning and that's about the best I've done in years.

Tranny, have you ever got attacked with a Filter Queen before? wally gave himself a hickie in the middle of his forehead once just to let you know the suction power it has.

Old 2006-01-10, 23:21
Transient
HES BAAACK

hahaha no , i havent. for those of you that are interested im not going to keep eating like im trying to lose weight anymore. as far as i can tell, so far i can eat way more food that i like and not put any weight on. proceeding with caution though

Old 2006-01-10, 23:29
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Are you keeping a log of what you've been doing? Maybe you've found the secret to your particular make-up to keep the balance just right to not gain.

Old 2006-01-10, 23:41
Transient
HES BAAACK

hell, no! id get very frustrated if i had to remember/write down everything i eat. i just simply know what works best..during the weeks its kashi go lean cereal and 2 pieces of wheat bread with real peanut butter and a banana for breakfest, two apples two pieces of wheat bread a bottle of water and a huge bag of gorp for lunch, "whatever" for dinner usually a meat, and grapefruit as a snack at night

weekends is when that all goes to hell, but it doesnt seem to hurt me much. on the weekends i get my first two meals then go into snacking heaven

Old 2006-01-11, 00:37
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That sounds pretty good as far as getting lots of healthy stuff. That's cool.

Old 2006-01-11, 19:39
humancorpse
Post-whore

Today I signed up at the gym. Been working out at home for a long time, but it`s alot more fun working out with other people, and you have access to many more machines.

Old 2006-01-11, 20:03
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I splurged and bought a pedometer today and got a discount with my AAA card, too! It does mileage, calories burned, step count, stops and starts when you do, calander and clock, BIG READOUT for blind people like me, 7 day recall of results, and a 30 day accumulation of results. Now if I can just figure it out-- screw that--I will figure it out. New Years resolution-- being positive instead of the usual.

*sigh* Well, first of all the directions are so tiny I had to get my grandma's magnifier sheet out to read it and then the darn eyeglass screwdrivers I have arent' small enough to take the screw out to uncover the battery. My kid had electronics screwdrivers ages ago, but left those at his old g/f's when he moved. What I saved on the discount I'll have to spend for a darn screw driver.
ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2006-01-11 at 20:22.

Old 2006-01-11, 22:01
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by humancorpse
Today I signed up at the gym. Been working out at home for a long time, but it`s alot more fun working out with other people, and you have access to many more machines.

congrats!

Old 2006-01-13, 23:01
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Okay, someone explain this to me. I noticed today that my right upper calf is noticeably bigger than my left. Anyone have a clue as to why? I don't run, but I go up and down stairs quite a few times during the day. Would my lead leg doing that have something to do with it? I can't think of any good explanation. The rest of my legs are pretty much the same. It's just the calf mostly on the inside to back of the right leg.

Old 2006-01-14, 00:01
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
Okay, someone explain this to me. I noticed today that my right upper calf is noticeably bigger than my left. Anyone have a clue as to why?

Because you're old?

Old 2006-01-14, 00:27
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Man, I was all happy that someone that would know what they were talking about answered. Really. And you go and do that to me. dammit! Either the pepper from dinner just kicked in or that gave me an allover glow. (ain't that scary!) I know I'm old, but give me some credit for the interest in my health! Old age doesn't make one leg bigger smart ass. At least my muscles aren't constipated like my walking partner said hers are. She tried pilates for the first time.

The muscle is the medial head.

And I told Denny what you said and he said maybe it's from counting higher with one leg than the other and he said 2 + 2 is and pawed the floor with his foot 4 time.

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2006-01-14 at 00:30.

Old 2006-01-14, 02:01
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
Old age doesn't make one leg bigger smart ass.

Yes it does.

Quote:
At least my muscles aren't constipated like my walking partner said hers are. She tried pilates for the first time.

Right. Constipated legs.

You'll have to excuse me. I'd type a more length response but the indigestion in my feet is killing me and the cataracts in my fingernails are making typing uncomfortable.

Old 2006-01-14, 02:23
Transient
HES BAAACK

weighed in at 151 today. i dotn think ill be losing more weight

Old 2006-01-14, 13:33
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Well, wally told me that it's pretty normal to have one bigger than the other. And I have osteo in my back, fbs. That's not what this is. And it's not a goiter either.
I'm going to steal your fingers and feet remarks. Those will be good for a giggle.

Shall I add more? She called with a question she had no answer to. One of her guitar students told their mom we walk during the week. She wants to go, too, which is fine. She also has cerebral palsy and uses a walker. I asked a couple family members what to do. One was clueless, but mom said give it a shot and see what happens. If she gets tired she can rest on one of the benches and we can continue walking. She can when she feels like it. That sounded reasonable. That way she's getting exercise and we're not getting slowed down as much so we get ours, too.

Anyone ever done fitness with someone physically challenged before?

Old 2006-01-14, 13:53
Transient
HES BAAACK

i work myself out five days a week

Old 2006-01-14, 14:36
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

hehe I forgot about that! You don't count. You're gung ho about it so I don't even think of you as challenged, but I understand. I told my friend this lady is liable to kick our butts!
That was cool, Tranny.

Old 2006-01-14, 15:37
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
Anyone ever done fitness with someone physically challenged before?

No. I almost failed a unit this year because it was on rehabilitation. Training cripples is immensely emotionally rewarding... if you're not me. I just think it's fucking boring.

However, CP has no significant contraindications to exercise, so you probably won't kill her.

Old 2006-01-14, 15:41
Transient
HES BAAACK

and i have nothing thats physically limiting other than pain anyways.

ive noticed over the past month i can really eat much more of my favorite foods and still maintain weight. this rules

i haven't seen the execrator in this thread much lately. but i imagine he's still working out

Old 2006-01-14, 16:32
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Well, that's cool, fbs. Other than knowing it's from birth I don't know anything about it. I've met the woman once before and she's nice so it should be fun. She may die of laughter, but I think we've increased our lung capacity doing that ourselves.
My walking partner is out for my blood now. She said she'd go back 30 years and go to Julliard instead of the college she went to and I told her she might have been there with Christopher Reeves then. Now she hates me. She said it was going to take a long time on the treadmill today to walk off those feelings of torment. hehe She loved him.

Old 2006-01-15, 00:57
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
She loved him.

...and now he's a dead vegetable, so she'll never get to wax his carrot.

Aww.

Today, I am putting in an order for a 48kg kettlebell. It is without a doubt the most intense piece of exercise equipment any person could own. It costs a pig-dicking fortune, but will be so incredibly and utterly worth it.

Old 2006-01-15, 01:23
ImBored
Supreme Metalhead

Ah but if history has taught us one thing, its that you can re-assemble corpses and make love to them. Just bide your time...

/Off topic.

Old 2006-01-15, 01:36
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Oh, she likes Tom Hanks, too, so it's cool.

I went all the way upstairs 2 at a time today. I've never been able to do that! I'm so proud of myself. It makes me want to do more.

Old 2006-01-15, 03:14
powersofterror
Forum Leader

I'm almost afraid to work out tomorrow. If anyone remembers, I always had that problem of that "pinching" feeling in my muscles when I don't take enough protein/or recouporate enough--I don't have my whey with me at school so I need to wait for a chance to go to buy some more. From body building.com, there's a ton of differnet brands of whey vanilla protein........advice? Walpurgis takes optimum performance or something....what do ya'll take if any?

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-15, 03:28
Transient
HES BAAACK

i drink a slimfast or eat a kashi go lean bar before working out , both around 10 g of protein

Old 2006-01-15, 03:49
powersofterror
Forum Leader

huh........well I try to take over 100g of protein a day, whether I work out or not.....

I want the whey.....

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-15, 16:21
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I get my whey, and that's all it is is whey, at a bulk/natural/health food store. And then I add my own ingredients to it. In a pinch if you're waiting on an order you might try that. Just mix it with something cold first or it seperates in hot liquids. I use my mix in coffee so I stir it into milk first usually.

Do you happen to have a blender? Do you like cottage cheese?

EDIT: Hey, powers'. I just polished off an 8.3 oz. can of Bush's baked beans cold, out of the can and it has about 12% protein. I don't know if you pay attention to sugars and that stuff, too, but that's a handy option. I like them cold out of the can better than hot, but they're good either way. This is the original style, too.

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2006-01-15 at 20:51.

Old 2006-01-20, 03:35
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

I have just accomplished something that I have wanted to do for a very, very long time. It's possible that you might admit to perhaps being impressed.

It's a phonebook, 1168 pages. Yes, I tore it in half.

It is very, very, very satisfying.

Quote:
I just polished off an 8.3 oz. can of Bush's baked beans cold, out of the can and it has about 12% protein. I don't know if you pay attention to sugars and that stuff, too, but that's a handy option. I like them cold out of the can better than hot, but they're good either way. This is the original style, too.

Hick.

Last edited by far_beyond_sane : 2006-01-20 at 03:43.

Old 2006-01-20, 07:20
*insert name here*
Jono

Must have been a bitch tearing each of those 1168 pages.

Old 2006-01-20, 10:39
Transient
HES BAAACK

im impressed, fbs. how many pounds of force was required for that, do you think?

Old 2006-01-20, 14:12
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Who cares.....if he's trustworthy....this is by far the coolest thing to ever grace this thread.

never mind lbxxx....I had a friend drive me to a walmart so I could buy 6lbs of body fortress vanilla whey.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-20, 14:41
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Quote:
I have just accomplished something that I have wanted to do for a very, very long time. It's possible that you might admit to perhaps being impressed.

It's a phonebook, 1168 pages. Yes, I tore it in half.

It is very, very, very satisfying.

Hick.

Fairplay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2006-01-20, 15:40
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Hick.

Well, sort of. The first time I had them cold and out of a can was by the firepit out back and all we had was a butter knife and a can opener. Me, Bob, Jr. and my old boyfriend passed them around. Nothing like a little family spit swapping. hehe

That is impressive even though it seemed racist that it was the white pages you did it to. Don't hit me.

As ornery as fbs is I bet it's true.

Old 2006-01-20, 21:34
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Next stop, the Residential directory - a massive 1960 pages. It'll be a while, but I'll get it.

Quote:
That is impressive even though it seemed racist that it was the white pages you did it to. Don't hit me.

That's almost funny, damn it. Put the real LBQXX back on.

Old 2006-01-20, 21:52
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I bet it was the "Don't hit me" part you liked best. What about encyclopedias or those big fat 6 inch dictionaries?

Old 2006-01-21, 02:30
powersofterror
Forum Leader

I'm going to go see if I can destroy my phone book now......I just got finished doing a big 3 hour workout.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-21, 03:02
Transient
HES BAAACK

nothing but 3 hours of curls, amirite?

Old 2006-01-21, 21:46
powersofterror
Forum Leader

haha nah.

15 minutes on the treadmill, with the workload and incline pretty damn high.
sitting uni-lateral squats
calf roller
a bunch of 180lb dips
those back rowing machines
butterflies
machine bench
machine bicep
machine tricep

typical.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-21, 23:37
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
butterflies

You're kidding. What exactly do you think a butterfly is?

Old 2006-01-22, 01:55
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Wink

I take off my headphones so they don't get smashed first. Then I grab two 45lb dumbells, and run around the free weight area screaming "Look at me, I'm a ballerina," swinging the weights in frontward/backward circles.

That gets me tired...then I also get into these....http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2002/butterfly1.jpg

This is my band's page

Last edited by powersofterror : 2006-01-22 at 02:01.

Old 2006-01-22, 03:10
Shreddist
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
I'm almost afraid to work out tomorrow. If anyone remembers, I always had that problem of that "pinching" feeling in my muscles when I don't take enough protein/or recouporate enough--I don't have my whey with me at school so I need to wait for a chance to go to buy some more. From body building.com, there's a ton of differnet brands of whey vanilla protein........advice? Walpurgis takes optimum performance or something....what do ya'll take if any?

Hey, i take GNC's 100% Whey Protein (chocolate) And its great, i mix it with a cup of skim milk, and strawberries, and it tastes awesome. Also, the protein seems to be of high quality, because my recoverys have become much faster after taking it, also get lots of AntiOxidants, bannanas help also.

Old 2006-01-22, 03:26
KevC
Senior Metalhead

how much does it cost you to buy whey from GNC? I hear GNC is a total rip off, so i dont know if i should pay them a visit or not

Old 2006-01-22, 03:51
Shreddist
Supreme Metalhead

10.99 for a 1lb bag, but it is good.

Heres a good URL
Their Store:http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/index.html
Their Tips/Exercises/etc.: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html

And their eye candy: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/christina.htm (scroll down some)

Last edited by Shreddist : 2006-01-22 at 17:15.

Old 2006-01-22, 05:02
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

http://www.body-building.com/

Invalid url : See if the dash delteed from it works better.

But you can order shit for cheeeep from there. It works good.

Last edited by John Holland : 2006-01-22 at 05:10.

Old 2006-01-23, 00:01
powersofterror
Forum Leader

I did an all-out max workout today....took me about 30 minutes

170lbs sitting pec flyes machine
30lbs on lateral delt raises
55lbs on dumbbell curls
60lbs on triceps

then
175lbs benchbar press
155lbs on benchbar millitary press

I did it like one of the workout styles from bodybuilding.com......"pre-fatiguing" my stronger, specific muscles, to get better results with the compound exercises.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-23, 00:18
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.

Old 2006-01-23, 00:20
powersofterror
Forum Leader

haha

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-23, 00:20
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
I take off my headphones so they don't get smashed first. Then I grab two 45lb dumbells, and run around the free weight area screaming "Look at me, I'm a ballerina," swinging the weights in frontward/backward circles.

That gets me tired...then I also get into these....http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2002/butterfly1.jpg

What the fuck is that?? The Homo Milker? The Limp-Wristed-Waving Machine? Does it wax your nipples too?

Old 2006-01-23, 00:25
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Don't know......my tits aren't as big as yours

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-23, 01:19
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
Don't know......my tits aren't as big as yours

OUCHZ!!11 BURN!!

SIMPLE WORKOUT QUIZ:

Do the following exercises (or variations on them) describe the sizable majority of your workout?
1) Squat
2) Deadlift
3) Cleans
4) Snatches
5) Chins & Pullups
6) Dips
7) Rows

Do you use machines for less than 10% of your total workout time?

Do you ignore single-joint exercises (like curls or kickbacks) and concentrate on multi-joint exercises?

Do you use rep ranges and protocols that emphasise the development of maximal strength, like singles, triples and explosive lifts?

Do you go to a gym where they have those BIG LONG BARS with the fat ends? Do you USE those big long bars?

SCORING:

MORE THAT ONE NO:
You are a total mattress-stain, the gym equivalent of a barnacle. You will make a lot of noise and do a lot of curls and wear a sweatband and never get anywhere. Give up now or learn.

ANYWHERE IN BETWEEN:
Still gay, just less gay.

ALL YES:
You just might not be a complete cretin. You have reached the absolute bare minimum of knowledge required to construct an effective workout. You genius super stud. Congratulations.

Old 2006-01-23, 01:40
KevC
Senior Metalhead

lol ok im less gay than the rest, i don't do cleans or snatches, i use zero machines, no idea what singles, doubles and triples are and the only single joint exercises i do is for shoulders.

so what's singles , doubles and triples?

Old 2006-01-23, 01:45
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Number of reps. Seems obvious.

Old 2006-01-23, 01:45
*insert name here*
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpurgis

Haha,the little shit at the end wacks his dad with a broom.

Old 2006-01-23, 02:38
muffmaster
Senior Metalhead
Banned

some of that musta hurt

Old 2006-01-23, 02:43
muffmaster
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
OUCHZ!!11 BURN!!

SIMPLE WORKOUT QUIZ:

Do the following exercises (or variations on them) describe the sizable majority of your workout?
1) Squat
2) Deadlift
3) Cleans
4) Snatches
5) Chins & Pullups
6) Dips
7) Rows

Do you ignore single-joint exercises (like curls or kickbacks) and concentrate on multi-joint exercises?

Do you use rep ranges and protocols that emphasise the development of maximal strength, like singles, triples and explosive lifts?

Do you go to a gym where they have those BIG LONG BARS with the fat ends? Do you USE those big long bars?

SCORING:

MORE THAT ONE NO:
You are a total mattress-stain, the gym equivalent of a barnacle. You will make a lot of noise and do a lot of curls and wear a sweatband and never get anywhere. Give up now or learn.

ANYWHERE IN BETWEEN:

ALL YES:
You just might not be a complete cretin. You have reached the absolute bare minimum of knowledge required to construct an effective workout. You genius super stud. Congratulations.

deadlifts , cleans and snatchs are very rarely done today , and even alot of pros use alot of machines these days , in the 40s 50 60s the john grimek , steeve reeves reg park era ,the deadlift cleans and snatchs were a mainstay.
And alot of pros dont even flat bench anymore.

Old 2006-01-23, 03:36
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffmaster
deadlifts , cleans and snatchs are very rarely done today

I'm well aware of that, rim cycle. If everyone already did them, I wouldn't have to scream about it, would I?

Your post implies that we SHOULD use machines, because of the workouts of 'pros'. I hope you didn't actually mean that. That would be DUMB.

Now, these people are BODYBUILDERS. Why do I get the feeling you've been reading muscle magazines that describe how T3H HUGZOR OILYMAN does 9 billion sets of Hammer Strength curls. Don't. Articles like that (and pretty much anything in a muscle magazine at all) is wrong. Pro bodybuilders use free weights all the time, in massive amounts, in massive quantities. If you'd ever watched a lot of training videos or trained with one in a gym you'd realise that 'a lot of machines' is an crappy overstatement. They use more machines than any other kind of athlete, sure.

Why? If you are a martial artist, boxer, wrestler, MMA fighter, sprinter, field athlete (javelin, hammer, discus, shot put), rugby/NFL player, WEIGHTLIFTER (who should probably clean and snatch), POWERLIFTER (who, I can assure you, deadlift all the time), strongman, in the services (cop, soldier, ambo etc.) or about a billion other things, you need your muscles to DO STUFF. Lift objects that exist in the real world. Grow real muscle. Gain real world strength. Grow your hard tissues. And other stuff.

If you want a useless, bloated, crappy and highly sarcoplasmic muscle, by all means do lots and lots of high-rep machine work like most teenage fags do until your joints wave a little white flag and go to live in Transient's basement.

If you want to do anything more meaningful at all you need to deadlift, snatch and clean.

Old 2006-01-23, 06:50
powersofterror
Forum Leader

SIMPLE WORKOUT QUIZ:

1) Squat......machine leg press....
2) Deadlift....nope
3) Cleans....don't know how
4) Snatches...don't know how
5) Chins & Pullups....pullups....don't know chins
6) Dips.....yes
7) Rows...yes

No

Yes/No....I concentrate on both

Yes

Yes/Yes

SCORING:

MORE THAT ONE NO:

ANYWHERE IN BETWEEN:

ALL YES:

Ohhhhh....I guess I'm just less gay....

I use about an equal amout of machines v. free weights.
Hey sane....What do you think of my current maxes?

This is my band's page

Old 2006-01-23, 09:49
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
Hey sane....What do you think of my current maxes?

Meaningless. You move some OK weight, but no-one gives a fuck what you use on the reverse rectal fellat-o squidgy curl. You HAVE TO learn to squat and deadlift. Trust me.

Old 2006-01-23, 10:19
Transient
HES BAAACK

im getting rather sick of fbs' "do it this way or youre a pussy" shit. id take his word if it was john holland, but all FBS does is come in and jack himself off