MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone

Old 2005-07-24, 02:38
ahumansdystopia
Senior Metalhead

bass amp

Hi I didnet know if i should put this on the gear forum since most of the posts there about guitar gear so here it goes im in the shop for a new bass amp since my band has bigger gigs and my amp isnet cutting it so im looking at somthing I wont have to replace a year or 2 down the road I want somthing that will last me ive been looking at a ampeg svt 3 pro and a ampeg 6x10 does anyone happen to have any advise on this amp? or any other amps I should try out?Thanks for any help I get.

Old 2005-07-24, 12:18
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Im in the same situation as you, and im getting a ampeg svt 6x10 cab with a svt pro 4 head, ive played through them at gigs loads of time, theyre very nice, its going to be pricey but im saving up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2005-07-24, 23:36
ahumansdystopia
Senior Metalhead

yeah the price isent really a problom for me at the moment since im only 17 and just got a very good paying job so all my money will be going straight twords guitar and bass equipment I was looking at the svt 4 and damn its gonna be a hard choice between the 3 and 4

Old 2005-09-06, 16:37
Subsonic6string
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahumansdystopia
yeah the price isent really a problom for me at the moment since im only 17 and just got a very good paying job so all my money will be going straight twords guitar and bass equipment I was looking at the svt 4 and damn its gonna be a hard choice between the 3 and 4

If I were in your situation, I'd be looking more towards a modular system, ie: a rack-mount power amp (in the 400-600W range), a nice tube pre-amp (possibly an Aguilar if you can afford it) and a 15" and 4x10" set of cabs, maybe by BagEnd (amazing brittish cabs that are lightweight, yet top end)

The advantage to this method is, if you want to add anything, say a compressor/limiter, or an EQ, you can do so at your leisure, and get the best one for you, instead of settling for the mediocre one in a normal bass head.

Cheers.

Old 2005-09-07, 03:30
SlayerDude
Senior Metalhead

Yea, I'd go with an Ampeg 6X10, I was looking at that and a good Ampeg head. =P After I get fuckin' $2000, I'm set!

Old 2005-09-07, 15:46
Subsonic6string
Senior Metalhead

Yeah, Ampeg make some killer amps. I'm currently using an SVT Classic, through the 4x10 cab with horn. It sounds killer!

However...

If "money were no object", then I'd definately look into Aguilar pre/power amp rack mount, with all the toys.

Currently, I'm waiting on the release of Rolland's new 400W cube 4x10 combo with the seperate 1x15 cab beneath it!!!!! If it sounds anything like the old Roland cube 100 that I had, I'm in!!!!

Cheers.