MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2005-07-02, 09:58
Schizoid
Senior Metalhead

Zoom 707II with a Metal Zone?

I heard from other posts that connecting 3 metal zone pedals gives you really good distortion. I use my Zoom 707II multi effect pedal and Trace Elliot C200 amplifier and I want to enhance my sound. So I'm going to buy a metal zone pedal, but I'm not going to buy three cuz I can't do that now. Later on I will What I'm wondering is; will it make my sound better if I connect the Metal Zone with the Zoom 707II or I should not connect them both.

This struck me a bit odd. I always tune my guitar with my Zoom 707II multi effect pedal, and I tune my guitar strings as open notes. When I fret the strings at the 12th fret or any other fret it always reads the first three bottom strings as sharp and the top three strings as flat even though I tuned it perfectly with the open strings according to the pedal. When I tune it perfectly with open strings to the pedal it read them perfectly but once fretting the strings and reading the tuning it is either sharp or flat.

Last edited by Schizoid : 2005-07-02 at 10:14.

Old 2005-07-02, 13:09
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizoid
I heard from other posts that connecting 3 metal zone pedals gives you really good distortion. I use my Zoom 707II multi effect pedal and Trace Elliot C200 amplifier and I want to enhance my sound. So I'm going to buy a metal zone pedal, but I'm not going to buy three cuz I can't do that now. Later on I will What I'm wondering is; will it make my sound better if I connect the Metal Zone with the Zoom 707II or I should not connect them both.

Quote:
This struck me a bit odd. I always tune my guitar with my Zoom 707II multi effect pedal, and I tune my guitar strings as open notes. When I fret the strings at the 12th fret or any other fret it always reads the first three bottom strings as sharp and the top three strings as flat even though I tuned it perfectly with the open strings according to the pedal. When I tune it perfectly with open strings to the pedal it read them perfectly but once fretting the strings and reading the tuning it is either sharp or flat.
maybe its not octave tuned properly (dunno if its called like that in english. u should be able to change some things on the tremolo bar wich finetunes for the octave (12fret) notes.

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2005-07-02, 14:41
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:

is this guy for real...?

Old 2005-07-02, 14:44
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
is this guy for real...?
i remember cc telling peeps to get 6 dod's and 3 metalzones to improve sound.. whahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahha

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2005-07-02, 14:54
Schizoid
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by k13m
i remember cc telling peeps to get 6 dod's and 3 metalzones to improve sound.. whahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahha

All I was wondering if connecting a Metal Zone with my Zoom 707II would make the sound better or sound too mucky, because I never tried it and in the shop they won't let me. Just wondering if anyone has tried it that is all.

Old 2005-07-02, 15:27
Six_Feet_Under_420
Post-whore

Fucking hell
+-+ .....::::: Alive to Live, Not to Believe....In a God that I cannot see :::::..... +-+

Old 2005-07-02, 17:42
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

oh man, what have we done?

Old 2005-07-02, 17:43
arvina
Post-whore

wow...im honestly speechless...or typless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
nah man, nah, I had an itchy ballsack!

forget wall of marshalls look at this wall of engls!
http://www.engl-amps.com/pics/newsp..._stevemorse.jpg

www.tdiclub.com

Old 2005-07-02, 17:59
younguitarist
Post-whore

hehe

Old 2005-07-02, 18:20
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Sounds BRUUUUUEEEEWWWTALYYY!

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-07-02, 18:32
etherealprince
Senior Metalhead

I forsee a huge spike in Boss MT-2 and DOD DM sales in the next few months, as newbs come here and search for MT-2 shit and find CCs suggestions and our sarcasm, and they take them seriously......

To the thread starter........an MT-2 alone sounds like shit, dont hook it up to anything, itll sound even worse....actually.....dont buy an MT-2...'nuff said.

Old 2005-07-02, 18:33
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
All I was wondering if connecting a Metal Zone with my Zoom 707II would make the sound better or sound too mucky, because I never tried it and in the shop they won't let me. Just wondering if anyone has tried it that is all.
depends, u can get some metalzone sounds from a 7007II, i use to have it., a metalzone has more options though.
but if u mean running a mtzone over the dist from the zoom NO.

for as far as ive tryd, more dist over each other sounds like SHIT.

i remember cc saying shit lik e3 mt behind each other, but thats just bullshit

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2005-07-02, 18:35
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

you guys just dont know good tone..

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-07-02, 18:45
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Dude...!!!!! I gotta try this guys set-up!!! I bet it will make my tone sound like POO!!!!

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2005-07-02, 18:46
Myrmidonlord666
Senior Metalhead

OK THIS IS HOW YOU GET REALLY GOOD TONE MAN

2 metalzones 1 DOD death metal pedal + Graphic EQ

Scoop all the mids and the mids on your amp, then scoop the mids on your graphic and turn up all the way 100 and 16khz channels and have everything else at -15 and turn the gain of the graphic eq to +15 bam greatest tone you will ever hear... EVER, fuck tube amps GREAT TONE IS RIGHT THERE in those settings, head my words, and the panties will be thrown on stage at the awesomeness of your tone, o yeh and get a guyitar thats body is made of maple, and keep the stock pickups because stock pickups > everything else...
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
it was too hifi for me...
it's like a hot chick that is horrible in bed.

Old 2005-07-02, 19:16
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
you guys just dont know good tone..
errrm engl savage 60

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2005-07-02, 21:10
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:

Don't you ever say anything like that again.... If you do then never say you heard about it here. We were joking about the 3 Metal zone pedals sounding good.

Quote:

That is because your Intonation needs to be adjusted. Charnging string size will cause this to happen to. Intonation is adjusted at the bridge by moving the saddles back or forward.

Do not do it yourself unless you know what you are doing! Have someone show you how to do it.

Old 2005-07-02, 22:33
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

I sold my 530 the other day for 6 METALZONES!!!!!

TONE HEAVEN!!!

Old 2005-07-02, 23:03
Necro_Butcher
Post-whore

1 metalzone is too many metalzones

Old 2005-07-02, 23:48
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro_Butcher
WORD

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2005-07-03, 01:42
Overmind
Senior Metalhead

When I use my metalzone emulator on my GNX3, combined with a high distortion amp model, and crank the gain, the strings squeel when I strum. GRIM!

Old 2005-07-03, 01:52
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Some of you are not helping the issue

Good distortion DOES NOT mean more gain. Infact it is the opposite. More gain=more fuzz=bad slop shit sounding distortion. Good distortion is about good EQ with the perfect amount of gain. I don't think that is ever stated enough on the site.

Old 2005-07-03, 04:41
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Some of you are not helping the issue

Good distortion DOES NOT mean more gain. Infact it is the opposite. More gain=more fuzz=bad slop shit sounding distortion. Good distortion is about good EQ with the perfect amount of gain. I don't think that is ever stated enough on the site.

tone and gain are not the same thing. but gain does have alot to do with tone.

more gain doesnt really mean fuzz/bad.. some amps just have more usable gain than others... like a 5150 compared to my pro mod 100... i can dime the gian on the promod and it's crystal clear. yet a 5150 with the gain past like 6 is a nightmare of muckyness.

it is metal and it usually does require a fair amount of gain.

Old 2005-07-03, 04:50
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

The world of gain/distortion is a parlous dimention of sound my friend. I fear we might both be right and both wrong

Old 2005-07-03, 04:50
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro_Butcher

uhhhhhhhhhh

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.