MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone

Old 2005-04-05, 18:59
hellrazor213
New Blood

Did I Miss Something???

hey guys, new blood here. I just registered to this forum and was checking out the tabs on the Main page. To my surprise I couldnt believe that METALLICA was no where listed in the "M" section. Did my eyes decieve me or is this mirage real?

Old 2005-04-05, 19:22
Rattlehead
Senior Metalhead

This is a METAL tabs website. Only metal tabs are posted here.

I'm kidding. I don't know why. Some Metallica is worth putting on here. I think it is a combination of reasons. Here are some of my guesses:

- The fact that there are any Metallica songs would lead amateur players to flood the site with requests for songs like "St. Anger" and "Enter Sandman" (probably even if the tabs for those songs WERE on this site).

- Having Metallica songs would piss off the many people who would be insulted to see the band on this site. Many people think the words "Metallica" and "Metal" should never be uttered in the same sentence unless "Metal" is to be preceded by "Nü".

- Having Metallica tabs would mean having a flood of "metal" fans that haven't heard any metal except for Metallica.

- The site would be plagued by conflict between these "nü-metal" people and the "real metal" people, which would mean tonnes of work arbitrating for the administrators, who created this site to help musicians, not to host an unterminable conflict.

You can see where I'm going here. It's probably easier to ban tabs altogether and avoid all the nonsense.
(I did not mean to indicate in this post that Metallica absolutely sucks or that they are terribly great, nor did I mean to say anything negative or positive about those who like or hate the band. My personal view is that much of their old material is worth listening to, but their quality diminishes as you go through the albums)
I say do away with it. You can always stand in its former location if you need to make use of the perspective it gave you, but will benefit from the ability to situate yourself in different loci with ease.
Destroy the box.

Old 2005-04-05, 20:38
Sodomaniac
Supreme Metalhead

At first I have to say I am not a big Metallica fan but I heard that their songs mainly covered. That could be a reason in my eyes ...
but i don't know to be honest.

Old 2005-04-05, 21:02
hellrazor213
New Blood

thats kinda sad...but the good thing is that my eyes aren't playing games on me!!!

since we are on the subject though, I can't just end this topic without saying something positive about Metallica. Metallica was my "Gateway" to Metal, so I owe them that much.

People can b*tch and moan all they want to about Metallica being sell-outs and greedy bastards. I, too, believe that they are sell-outs, hell, most successful bands are sell-outs. I also agree that they are greedy bastards. And If I was in there shoes I would be just as greedy as they were with their music. I wouldnt want my hard work being exploited and raped right before my eyes either. But, as a musician and a metalhead, to say they dont belong in the same sentence as Metal is just plain disrespectful.

I agree that after the Black Album their music started to go downhill, wayyyyy downhill. But I also understand that they have changed as musicians since their 20's...they grew up. They have families, happy lives, and tons of money. It's hard to create quality Metal music without being driven by some sort of hatred, anger, or aggression. I mean think about it.

So go on and say their new material sucks, I totally agree with you. But dont try to take away that which is rightfully theres. "Kill'em All", "Ride the Lightning", "Master of Puppets", and "...And Justice for All"...all 100% original Metallica masterpieces, all 100% METAL!!!

Metallica not only deserves to be in the same sentence of Metal, it deserves to be in the same word!

\m/

Old 2005-04-05, 21:35
Rattlehead
Senior Metalhead

I more or less agree.
And about "Kill Em All" and "Ride the Lightning" being 100% Metallica masterpieces ... you do know about Dave Mustaine right?
Just checking.

Anyways I'm not particularly angered or aggressive, nor can I say that I "hate" anyone. But I guess you could say that I DO hate the global economic order that I think makes the world a horrible place.
I say do away with it. You can always stand in its former location if you need to make use of the perspective it gave you, but will benefit from the ability to situate yourself in different loci with ease.
Destroy the box.

Old 2005-04-05, 22:02
hellrazor213
New Blood

yeah, Dave was one of the original 4...unlike most people I still think of him when I hear the words Metallica...sorry Kirk...to be honest, I liked Dave more!

Old 2005-04-13, 16:19
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Right, yeah no metallica tabs here, and this isnt bass related..

Closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.