MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2007-03-07, 15:15
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

yea, they did repeat the whole thing about marines being proud and how that sense of pride makes them distinct quite a bit. thats something i've known almost my whole life since my dad was a marine for longer than i've been alive. but i guess for people without any friends or family in the service, they might not be aware of it.

Old 2007-03-07, 16:26
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Just watched the documentary. Pretty cool, though I would've preferred more focus on training experiences, rather than the pretty self-explanatory Marine ethos.

If you can find it to download (hell i DEFINITELY recommend buying it).
"Ears open eye balls click"

My seal of approval beyond seal of approvals.

That is marine corps enlisted bootcamp at San Diego circa Winter time. I was there exactly 1 year after it was filmed, so it was almost identical except small tiny differences.

This is a no doubt example of what a documentary is. Nobody talks, there are no interviews there is nothing but a camera on recording. Nobody tells you whats going on and you get a real uncut ride of what its like.

And to Xgraf. No second chances at becoming an officer. But its not if you don't make it, its if you quit. Also you have no idea whether you have those things or not. OCS isn't like bootcamp like it said. Its a screening process for POTENTIAL leaders. You are not expected to be a certified good leader BEFORE or even AFTER you go. You go there and THEY put you in the positions and evaluate it.

It in my opinion is pretty ingenius and they do a pretty good job for the most part of doing it.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2007-03-07, 16:33
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
yea, they did repeat the whole thing about marines being proud and how that sense of pride makes them distinct quite a bit. thats something i've known almost my whole life since my dad was a marine for longer than i've been alive. but i guess for people without any friends or family in the service, they might not be aware of it.

Good example would be my ex-girlfriend. She doesn't know about shit outside of her tiny world and trust me it would most definitely blow her away hah.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.

Old 2007-03-07, 16:50
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
And to Xgraf. No second chances at becoming an officer. But its not if you don't make it, its if you quit. Also you have no idea whether you have those things or not. OCS isn't like bootcamp like it said. Its a screening process for POTENTIAL leaders. You are not expected to be a certified good leader BEFORE or even AFTER you go. You go there and THEY put you in the positions and evaluate it.

It in my opinion is pretty ingenius and they do a pretty good job for the most part of doing it.

i agree, its a damn good way to tell how people would react under pressure. i just thought they mentioned the typical outcomes, a. you make it, b. you quit, c. you just don't make the cut as an officer. so if they don't think you have what it takes to be a leader, i know you don't get a second go, but what then? find a new career? or could i enlist? i guess i could try another branch too.

Old 2007-03-07, 17:06
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
i agree, its a damn good way to tell how people would react under pressure. i just thought they mentioned the typical outcomes, a. you make it, b. you quit, c. you just don't make the cut as an officer. so if they don't think you have what it takes to be a leader, i know you don't get a second go, but what then? find a new career? or could i enlist? i guess i could try another branch too.

Everyone of those answers.

There are certain "failure" outcomes that would result in you being able unable to come back. But the majority of the things that you wouldn't make it for, are physical believe it or not. If you fail too many graded events (physical ones). I mean eventually after failing a certain amount of events you have to go before different levels of boards. The last one being the Col. And he asks you questions and gauges your desire to be there and where you should be. He may let you go for physical reasons with a positive recomendations to return next year (After training further). Its up to the col whether or not you'll be allowed back.

You could do any of those that you mentioned for sure. If you enlist i would definitely recommend taking a hard look at your mos, because you could be ending up slitting your throat over the gayness.

Nearly any mos involving air is about pimp as shit, and probably up your alley. Its much more laid back as far as "Standards" go, but its because the air side has a much different frame of mind and a much different goal. They don't need extreme discipline to achieve their goal, infact it would sometimes be counter productive. (extreme discipline as in super secured hair cuts, uniforms being perfect and so on)

Old 2007-03-07, 18:51
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
If you enlist i would definitely recommend taking a hard look at your mos, because you could be ending up slitting your throat over the gayness.

Nearly any mos involving air is about pimp as shit, and probably up your alley. Its much more laid back as far as "Standards" go, but its because the air side has a much different frame of mind and a much different goal. They don't need extreme discipline to achieve their goal, infact it would sometimes be counter productive. (extreme discipline as in super secured hair cuts, uniforms being perfect and so on)

this part of your reply is in regards to if i was enlisted instead of doing ocs right? either way, sounds like it would be cool.

i guess since i have a degree with graphic design i could even find something within the service that involves that. though that would put me right back behind a desk.

just ordered that dvd from pbs for my dad. gonna see the parents and mark this weekend for my dads bday, maybe i'll ask him some questions while i'm there. he'll probably bust my balls though since i always was fairly straight forward with the fact that i had no intentions of joining any of the branches. good ol high school years..back when i knew everything. as a matter of fact..thats probably what my dad will say when he does fuck with me. "i thought you knew everything?" i'll just have to tell him..well, just about everything.

Old 2007-03-07, 18:58
Unanything
Post-whore

To be honest, I feel the only good reason to join the military is if you really give a shit about your country.

And I would only join if I could trust my country to send me out me for a truly good cause, which unfortunately I can't. Not to say there haven't been good causes, the Falklands War, for example, was a good cause especially considering we actually got rid of that bastard and left the losing power's contingent in a batter state than ruins.

Sorry if my opinion seems intolerable to anyone else, but those are my thoughts.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Last edited by Unanything : 2007-03-07 at 19:01.

Old 2007-03-07, 19:27
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanything
To be honest, I feel the only good reason to join the military is if you really give a shit about your country.

And I would only join if I could trust my country to send me out me for a truly good cause, which unfortunately I can't. Not to say there haven't been good causes, the Falklands War, for example, was a good cause especially considering we actually got rid of that bastard and left the losing power's contingent in a batter state than ruins.

Sorry if my opinion seems intolerable to anyone else, but those are my thoughts.

No, i "half agree" with what you say. Like i said before, joining the military in my opinion should fullfill somebodys sense of duty to their country. There are other ways of doing that, but this is one way. I feel if you don't "give a shit" about your country why live there? Why live in a country you feel isn't worth protecting? Right?

Its understandable to feel "fear" of being asked to do things outside of what you want, but thats part of sacrificing your services.

Every marine knows that they've done something that has effected (for the good) of someone, people, or a place. Whether its feeding children, motivating others, teaching others of how to better themselves, or by winning battles and conquering against all practical odds.

Last edited by tmfreak : 2007-03-07 at 19:30.

Old 2007-03-07, 19:37
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:

I don't give a shit about the UK. I plan on joining the military because I figure it'd be a fun way to spend 4 or more years, nothing to do patriotism or sense of duty crap.

Old 2007-03-07, 20:18
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
I don't give a shit about the UK. I plan on joining the military because I figure it'd be a fun way to spend 4 or more years, nothing to do patriotism or sense of duty crap.

You've said this before, i also agree with this. Is kind of like the... opposite in thinking of my view, but i think it definitely holds to be a valid reason to join.

Shoot weapons or drive vehicles you would never in your life do.

I've already shot weapons such as the M-2 Machine gun. 50 Caliber and it doesn't even remotely have to come close to rip body parts off. The bullets impacted so hard and fast like 2000 meters away that it was catching the ground on fire.

There are multiple reasons to join, from honor and duty, to fun and seeing the world.

Old 2007-03-07, 21:09
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

But don't you also think that a little responsibility might come once you've joined in the fun mindset that you are responsible for keeping you and me alive should that need become necessary? And isn't that a form of patriotism however distant?

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2007-03-07, 21:36
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
But don't you also think that a little responsibility might come once you've joined in the fun mindset that you are responsible for keeping you and me alive should that need become necessary? And isn't that a form of patriotism however distant?

No

I don't think for one moment that attempting to survive through acting as a team and depending on people is remotely close to patriotism. Hell you don't have to believe in the cause or even the desire to fight for it and still fight to protect your best friends and yourself.

Just because you have responsiblities doesn't mean its not fun either. Also in saying that i don't see how by wanting to join for fun and new experiences in life should be thwarted because of the thought of responsiblity.

Old 2007-03-08, 15:53
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:

But honestly, the primary function of the military is to defend and carry out the will of the state. Although there is, I have to admit, a great opportunity for some self-improvement while you are at it.

Quote:
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2007-03-08, 16:00
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
No, i "half agree" with what you say. Like i said before, joining the military in my opinion should fullfill somebodys sense of duty to their country. There are other ways of doing that, but this is one way. I feel if you don't "give a shit" about your country why live there? Why live in a country you feel isn't worth protecting? Right?

Its understandable to feel "fear" of being asked to do things outside of what you want, but thats part of sacrificing your services.

It's kinda hard to just 'move country' though. Plus I look at a country as a patch of earth that a group of humans suddenly decides to make theirs. There doesn't have to be countries, countries are an abstract idea that do not exist except in our heads.

I know you may have to get asked to do what you don't want, but what about the causes you are sent off for, or the organisation or intent. Veitnam for example.

I don't think many people are realising that there isn't an 'I' in team.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2007-03-08, 16:22
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
It's kinda hard to just 'move country' though. Plus I look at a country as a patch of earth that a group of humans suddenly decides to make theirs. There doesn't have to be countries, countries are an abstract idea that do not exist except in our heads.

I know you may have to get asked to do what you don't want, but what about the causes you are sent off for, or the organisation or intent. Veitnam for example.

I don't think many people are realising that there isn't an 'I' in team.

Thinking "abstractly" like that and attempting to somewhat apply that to the "real world" is a harshly mistaken idea. Not to mention pretty juvenille/unrealisticly impossible to carry out. I could only agree with your more about the exact "reality" of what a country "really is" but so what? And how does that change anything?

What about vietnam? Stopping the spread of communism by an oppressive state such as the North Vietnamese? You're not making much sense.

Also elaborate on how you think "people" (which people, the military or this forum?) don't know I in team.

Old 2007-03-08, 16:48
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:

well i think that is one of the many reasons people join..a good one too. personally i do like this country, though there are always things/people/etc that suck about it. you'd be hard pressed to find any country that doesn't have its share of bullshit.

my reasons for thinking of joining aren't really a love for my country or to defend it. i've just been exposed to their way of life while i was growing up and also am looking for a decent/interesting/exciting job. so far nothing i've done is that great, and joining the military would be quite a bit different from anything i've done up to this point. not to mention i miss moving around and seeing new places. south florida is now the longest place i've lived ever, clocking in at 6.5 years now. that beats the last longest place i've lived by 2.5 years.

also, they have some kick ass benefits! right now i have NONE, just a paycheck.

tm - do they give out any guides on getting in shape before joining? i thought they had some kind of exercise manual like that. so far i have just been doing those leg lifts in stead of sit ups..some push ups, and various curls/lifts with some free weights we have here. nothing too intensive so far, but i haven't worked out for shit in years, so i'm pretty out of shape. ha as a matter of fact, the first thing my dad will say if i bring up my thoughts of joining the marines is going to be "not looking like that you won't"

Old 2007-03-08, 17:04
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:

also, they have some kick ass benefits! right now i have NONE, just a paycheck.

tm - do they give out any guides on getting in shape before joining? i thought they had some kind of exercise manual like that. so far i have just been doing those leg lifts in stead of sit ups..some push ups, and various curls/lifts with some free weights we have here. nothing too intensive so far, but i haven't worked out for shit in years, so i'm pretty out of shape. ha as a matter of fact, the first thing my dad will say if i bring up my thoughts of joining the marines is going to be "not looking like that you won't"

Go run. haha

yes they have all sorts of guides. You can go on the net and look up the OCS guide and or the bootcamp guide. It starts out much easier and steps it up closer and closer to the date that you would be going. (i wouldn't focus on that as much as the progession.)

But don't let your shape let you down i know peopel that lost 100 pounds to go to bootcamp. And even after those 100 pounds still weren't in the "best of shape."

Old 2007-03-08, 17:56
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

yea yea...i know i gotta run. that one's the dreaded part. luckily i got some old running shoes last time i was at my parents house and i have an mp3 player. i guess thats all i need. i'm not terribly obese, but my gut is fairly developed...more so than my muscles haha. i'm just under 190 right now at 5'9" though i think i at least leveled that shit off for now..just gotta get running to get it moving the other way.

i've been told by friends that i should wait to sign up for a time where i'd go to ocs/basic during the winter so its not hot as shit. what time of you would you say would be best to sign on? i know its warming up all over the place now, so if i did join, i've got a decent amount of time to get in shape and let my system clear out after a last huge smoke a thon. then again, i'm still not 100% on the whole idea. i guess i'm comfortable for now where i sit, so changing everything around makes me nervous. on the other hand i know i can't sit here forever.

Old 2007-03-08, 18:34
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
yea yea...i know i gotta run. that one's the dreaded part. luckily i got some old running shoes last time i was at my parents house and i have an mp3 player. i guess thats all i need. i'm not terribly obese, but my gut is fairly developed...more so than my muscles haha. i'm just under 190 right now at 5'9" though i think i at least leveled that shit off for now..just gotta get running to get it moving the other way.

i've been told by friends that i should wait to sign up for a time where i'd go to ocs/basic during the winter so its not hot as shit. what time of you would you say would be best to sign on? i know its warming up all over the place now, so if i did join, i've got a decent amount of time to get in shape and let my system clear out after a last huge smoke a thon. then again, i'm still not 100% on the whole idea. i guess i'm comfortable for now where i sit, so changing everything around makes me nervous. on the other hand i know i can't sit here forever.

You can flush any of those ideas of going in the winter down the drain REAL FAST haha.

Let me tell you YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO IN THE WINTER.... Trust me haha. The way it works is if its too hot y ou won't do events, THEY DON"T DO THAT FOR IT BEING TOO COLD... haha

I went to san diego bootcamp in the winter time. It was alright but extremely rainy. Winter time in Paris Island i heard sucks really bad, because its much colder than it is in San Diego.

As far as OCS goes if you were to go in the winter time i call you a fucking fool. You saw that video. You do all those things in the snow and ice. THAT INCLUDES that quiggly. The classic story you'll hear again and again, is that the first ones in have to break the ice for everyone that comes behind them. BTW thats one of hte first events you do in that series of stuff thats 3 miles long. You do some obstacles then you get in that water and you're in there for at least 15 minutes, then after that you get out and you run along and jump over some things and get into the mud. Then eventually you gotta back crawl through water under barbwire in the mud. And it just keeps going on like that. You get wet and muddy like crazy. I did this in the summer time so everytiem we jumped into large things of water i was smiling because it was relaxing. Last time i went to drill we were on mainside quantico and you know how when you're going past the commisary and all that there is that big river on the right side? It was frozen over. Enough said.

Moral of the story, don't fucking go in the winter time. I went in the worst part of the summer and it wasn't that bad seriously. Very humid and hot, it sucks yes, but i would imagine its much much better than winter time. If at all possible late spring would be pretty kick ass too. Ideal. Spring maybe fall time for either bootcamp or ocs would be the best time to go.

Yeah running sucks. But its nice once you start getting into it, you'll do a run and get back and all day you'll feel energized and just seriously feel good. Your body feels much clearer and relaxed. I dunno its hard to get up and go do it, but you enjoy it in midst of it and the after effects.

Old 2007-03-08, 19:47
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

yea, that would suck ass squirming around through freezing cold water then having to run with soaking clothes.. maybe not winter, but as you said fall or spring would be good. between the two extremes. whats the turn around time from signing in and arriving at ocs? as soon as you want to get there pretty much?

as for running, i have heard it makes people feel great haha. it will just suck a lot at first. i'm not sure how far i could run, and i know it would take me too long to run a mile.

i've already cut back somewhat on beer consumption so that is a start..but i figure until i get off my ass and start running, there isn't going to be too much change.

know if there are only specific MOSs that would get you sent over to okinawa? or do they just send whoever over there depending on what is needed? we lived there for a little bit, but i was too young to remember. would be pretty badass to get sent over there or even germany or something.

Old 2007-03-08, 20:16
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
yea, that would suck ass squirming around through freezing cold water then having to run with soaking clothes.. maybe not winter, but as you said fall or spring would be good. between the two extremes. whats the turn around time from signing in and arriving at ocs? as soon as you want to get there pretty much?

as for running, i have heard it makes people feel great haha. it will just suck a lot at first. i'm not sure how far i could run, and i know it would take me too long to run a mile.

i've already cut back somewhat on beer consumption so that is a start..but i figure until i get off my ass and start running, there isn't going to be too much change.

know if there are only specific MOSs that would get you sent over to okinawa? or do they just send whoever over there depending on what is needed? we lived there for a little bit, but i was too young to remember. would be pretty badass to get sent over there or even germany or something.

Getting sent to different places just all depends on being int he right place at the right time. Also as an officer you have alot more play with moving around because you for one can only be in one place for a max of 3 years. Also there are all sorts of positions available around the world. You just gotta apply for them. There is alot of open stuff in the intel field i know that. (in europe)

Going to oki isn't that hard. What happens generally is when you finish school you basically get to pick where you want to go, and all you gotta ask for is over seas and you'll end up over there.

Cutting back beer consumption is a good start. There isn't anything wrong with having some beer and all that. But being an alchy definitely makes things a hell of alot harder. But you gotta start off small get out jog around a little bit and just keep movin up. Making a schedule for going out helps things. most importantly making sure you stick to that schedule haha. Not going ah.. i won't today, i will tomorrow. Once you start that up its almost impossible to stop.

As far as going to training when you want thats kind of tricky for ocs. Especially as a OCC like you would be. They go all year long. PLC like i am is only in the summer time. It all depends on when and if you get accepted by the OCC boards. I'm not 100% how they work you'd have to talk to your local officer recruiter about that. But i don't see it being too hard in picking when you get to go.

Bootcamp you can basically tell them when you want to go. Often times they'll have like slots open up that are before when you are gonna go and sometimes they'l offer you a bonus of like 5000 bucks if you go early to bootcamp. There are all sorts of bonus perks they'll give you for going enlisted. But i'll be honest unless you really just want to do 4 years get some broader basic experience i would warn against it. But if anything it'll give you a new view point on people from all over and places you haven't been.
This is coming from a fellow son a marine.

Last edited by tmfreak : 2007-03-08 at 20:23.

Old 2007-03-08, 20:24
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

My advice... Stay out unless you are active duty.

Old 2007-03-08, 20:46
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

Rather than enlist, I'm happy to just play SOCOM 3 and jump right into the Seals.

Kudos to those who have the balls to go though.

Old 2007-03-08, 20:48
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
My advice... Stay out unless you are active duty.

Huh? Care to elaborate?

Old 2007-03-08, 20:54
Unanything
Post-whore

Having no countries would be fairly 'juvenile' to carry out just now because our civilisation is in no ethical condition to do so. I think the world of countries is the dream world. But that's another topic...

I agree that my ideas were a bit vague earlier though.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2007-03-08, 21:35
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

unanything - honestly, i would say its quite the opposite. i completely get what you mean, and have said/thought similar ideas about how basically everything is a bunch of shit that doesn't mean anything to anything in existence besides us humans. but that is all we have to go on...so for now, its best that we all assume countries are real...i think they are anyway, but whether or not a handful of people care or not, is not much to consider for the other 99.8% of the world population. they are real enough that each country has its own govt, people that associate themselves with their country, etc. and thats all that really matters for now.

belphegor - you play the other socoms? i used to play one a lot then two..then i got three but then i started playing battlefield 2 on the computer. on socom my name was DERFrjd or DERRRF. thought about firing it up now that the ps2 is hooked up again. what really pissed me off was that after using the "sharp shooter" preset, or whatever it was called, for two games, they fucking erased it for the third! so i had learn a whole different configuration.

tm - yea i guess i would probably shoot for ocs instead of enlisted boot camp. do many people go through ocs and become an officer, then get out of the corps after 4 or however many years? or is it pretty much their set career? (outside of them getting fired or something)

Old 2007-03-08, 22:39
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Having no countries would be fairly 'juvenile' to carry out just now because our civilisation is in no ethical condition to do so. I think the world of countries is the dream world. But that's another topic...

I agree that my ideas were a bit vague earlier though.

So you would rather be apart of no communities then? So dissolve countries and nations, you got states and cities next. Then local communities and neighborhoods, then you got families. I'm not completely into slippery slope ideas but to think that we are anything but multi-level community based creatures is naive. Thinking anything in depth and actually attempting to take the ideas and their possible results (how unfathomly fake they are) seriously is a waste of time. Been there done that again and again.

I'm actually going to go ahead and say i don't think it will be a dream world. The desire for no countries appears impossible for the reason you stated. "Ethical conditions." Thats what i think people who are looking at it for 2 seconds would say. The reason why i say that is because you're refering to the need for pure "coexistance." Existing purely as individuals and just coexisting sounds like a life thats not worth living. Being humans we require and demand the interactions between each other not only for entertainment but for survival. To think otherwise is yes, juvenile.

Xgraf - Its the same thing as enlisted. It depends on what people what to get out of it. And yes everybody has to go to OCS to be an officer. Its part of the screening and entry process to becoming a commissioned officer.

I think regular contracts are like 3 years for officers. I think. Also whats kinda cool about being a commissioned officer is at almost any time you can be ike eh this isn't for me and you're gone. And coming out of the military as a Marine Officer is beyond a step up to others. This chick got out of the marines after 10 years and shes make like 95,000 right now. Thats starting in a position with i think limited experience. And its not like it was hard for her to land a job like that.

Old 2007-03-08, 22:47
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

xgraf - i just bought SOCOM3 a couple weeks ago and I've never played the others. I fucking love it so far though.

Old 2007-03-10, 02:09
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

for me, the maps in socom 3 are a bit too large. too many rounds wind up with just a couple people trying to find each other on a huge map. the other two have smaller maps.

tm - heh i was talking to a good friend of mine from high school at lejeune that joined the navy and has since left after his 4 years. he says i'm crazy for thinking of joining the marines heh. he was saying i should go for the air force as the money for housing or living expenses is a bit better and also the marines and army have longer deployment time periods. what do you think the odds of me even being deployed are? pretty high? i'd really not like to go, but i understand that given the current situation, there is a definite possibility of going if i signed up. i'd go (i guess i'd have to heh) but i imagine it would suck ass just like every one of my friends that have been have told me.

Old 2007-03-10, 02:25
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
for me, the maps in socom 3 are a bit too large. too many rounds wind up with just a couple people trying to find each other on a huge map. the other two have smaller maps.

tm - heh i was talking to a good friend of mine from high school at lejeune that joined the navy and has since left after his 4 years. he says i'm crazy for thinking of joining the marines heh. he was saying i should go for the air force as the money for housing or living expenses is a bit better and also the marines and army have longer deployment time periods. what do you think the odds of me even being deployed are? pretty high? i'd really not like to go, but i understand that given the current situation, there is a definite possibility of going if i signed up. i'd go (i guess i'd have to heh) but i imagine it would suck ass just like every one of my friends that have been have told me.

There are ups and downs. Don't believe anybody who tells you the other services give you any extra money for anything, because it isn't true. Housing allowances and benefits are standard throughout all the branches.

Also in the navy you are generally "deployed" all the fucking time. 9 months out o hte year you can pretty much guarrentte you're on a ship, and from every person i've heard it completely and totally blows.

Marine deployments range from 6 months to 9 months. Army deployments are like 9 months to 18 months. All depends. Air force it depends, it can sometimes be only 3 months.

I can pretty much guarrentte you'll see a "Desk job" in the navy or the airforce. You can go ahead and accept that as a fact already. Also since i'll gear you more towards being an officer, I can pretty much tell you that airforce officers are very... business like. Its basically a big corporation.

One of the major differences you'll see in the services is lack of discipline in the other branches. And yeah chuckle it up people out there but becomes a pretty big fucking deal when often times when people are clearly fucking up and doing things they shouldn't and nobody does anything about it. My friend in the air force says hes considering getting out over it.

Also let me reask the question what would you possibly join for? Lets be honest if its easy is that really what you're looking for? I don't think it is. If you're sincere about wanting to do things that is out there and different and fun joining the airforce more than likely will not provide that for you. Often times "air men" never handle even m16s. They just recently changed air force bootcamp to where they have m16s the entire time. After bootcamp unless you're security forces you dont' see weapons. (from what i've heard)

Let alone shoot any. Unless you're flying the chair force sounds like a bore. (in my opinion)

Old 2007-03-10, 02:46
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

lso let me reask the question what would you possibly join for? Lets be honest if its easy is that really what you're looking for? I don't think it is. If you're sincere about wanting to do things that is out there and different and fun joining the airforce more than likely will not provide that for you. Often times "air men" never handle even m16s. They just recently changed air force bootcamp to where they have m16s the entire time. After bootcamp unless you're security forces you dont' see weapons. (from w

haha thats the first time i've heard chair force. he was saying, about deployment, that marines and army standard deployment length was 12 months while navy and air force were less. and yea he mentioned his last deployment which was 7 months on a ship in the mediterranean that sucked massive balls.

as for why i would join.... i guess so far none of my civilian jobs have really done anything for me..i'm not too pumped about getting a graphic design job (my degree..also a very saturated market), and i have been exposed to quite a bit of military life and i guess i'm familiar with it..at least on the civilian side of the fence. growing up i always thought it would be the shit to be on the active duty side until i got into middle school or high school and started skating/playing guitar/smoking/slacking off in general hah. another part is that its part of family tradition. both grandpas were in the military, i think at least one of my great grandpas was, most of my uncles are or were, and my dad was. it seems like so much more than just a job too..something you could be proud of. haha i guess that sounds like a line out of a recruiting video...i guess i've bought into all that shit over the years. also why i'd likely chose the marines over the rest. its a definite challenge. hell if i have people from the other services telling me i'm crazy then it has to be challenging heh. and i guess last but not least i love moving around and seeing new places...something i wouldn't be able to do very much with most other jobs. i think thats about as far as ill get on this subject in my rambling half drunk state.

Old 2007-03-10, 04:18
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Nah Marine deployments are almost never 12 months long. The only time that happens is when a deployment gets like rereextended. Its not the way the marine corps is set up to work, and they're not going to change that.

Outside of Iraq and Afghanistan, marine deployments generally are 6 months are most of that time is spent on a ship. Its called going a float on MEUs. (or marine expeditionary units) They are still doing them even with the war going on. They sit around the persian gulf, out and near europe, and in the far east.

Is the Marine Corps a challenge? Yes.
Is there something gained out of the Marine Corps vice joining other services, other than just noteriety? Yes.
Can you do cool and intresting things in other services? Yes.

In my opinion alot of people say its "oh so crazy" to join the marines and all that but its just alot of hearsay. I think its SLIGHTLY exaggerated but oh well. If anything it does serve a purpose, because it helps allow only those who are serious enough, and willing for a difficult but obtainable challenge, to come aboard. Is the marine corps a cult? You bet your ass it is.

If you want benefits, a corporate career, and getting something by putting in the least amount of effort, join the other services. Please for your sake, my sake, and my marine corps sake. Being able to say that i've seriously met nearly every challenge that has been put before me and that i've exceeded and sometimes kicked ass is enough for me. I've met some of the best people i've ever met in my life in the marines and that i'll always look up to.

Old 2007-03-10, 04:28
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

I can see where you're coming from on that, but I have no basis for comparison so it's hard for me to criticize this game at all. I haven't played to many strategic war games like this either, mostly just run around and shoot shit-type games.

Old 2007-03-10, 04:32
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

well he did say he wasn't trying to talk me out of the marines..just what he thought. he was one of my best friends in high school (and still is) there so maybe he was also basing it off knowing me. i think i could do it though. i know i need physical work, and a little metal work too, but after that i don't see what could stop me.

i'm kinda hesitant to bring it up to my dad as of right now. i think he'd love the idea, but i'd rather not even get his hopes up until i was set on it. honestly, the more i think about it, the more i am liking the idea. hah

edit...belphegor, if you have a good computer, you should check out battlefield 2. its not the newest of the series of games..but the newest one is just a mod of bf2 so its not really a new game ha. anyway...its fairly similar though less sneaking around, more vehicles (unless its infantry only) and 64 people total max! jets, choppers, tanks, apcs, jeeps, mounted surface to air rockets/machine guns/laser guided rockets. its pretty badass as far as games like that go. socom and bf2 are the only games of that style i play...well pretty much the only games i play even though i don't really play socom anymore haha.

Last edited by xgrafcorex : 2007-03-10 at 04:36.

Old 2007-03-10, 09:10
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Huh? Care to elaborate?

It does more for you and you learn more.

Old 2007-03-10, 17:51
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
It does more for you and you learn more.

Possibly, but i would say that "avoiding" anything makes you learn even less.

Not to mention saying that active duty you learn more about military life style is poppycock. Maybe other services, but definitely not marines. I'm living proof of that.

Old 2007-03-15, 08:34
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Poppycock?............

Old 2007-03-15, 13:55
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Poppycock?............

Its synonymous with bullshit. haha

Old 2007-03-21, 03:34
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

ha i was talking to my dad tonight and he gave me the usual talk about getting a new/better job...he actually recommended i join the coast guard haha. i asked him a few questions about it..but didn't say anything about thinking about the marines. i'd rather wait till i actually start running and losing weight before really moving ahead with that idea. i'm sure if i told him he'd have everything ready for me to join before the next time i talked to him ha..well as long as i wasn't still in the condition i am in now.

Old 2007-03-21, 06:05
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

They would get you in shape. Its amazing how many people show up the first day to the military out of spec while just a day or two before they were somehow within spec and qualify for duty. Hmmm....

Old 2007-03-22, 15:22
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
They would get you in shape. Its amazing how many people show up the first day to the military out of spec while just a day or two before they were somehow within spec and qualify for duty. Hmmm....

Happened to so many people when we showed up to ocs haha. Which pissed me off because the only thing that was preventing me from getting in (or so we thought) was my pft score wasn't as high as others. So i get in and i'm smoking everybody, soi wonder to myself wtf?

Old 2007-03-22, 18:08
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

well my dad was busting my balls a little about not being ambitious and having no direction so i told him about thinking of joining the service. he was surprised and happy about it, but he recommended either the navy or air force. i'm not 100% why, but he mentioned those two services would offer more as far as learning a hard skill that would help me out getting a job if i decided to leave the service. he also mentioned the marines being the toughest, which i already knew, but i don't think thats the main reason he recommended the others. he did say something like "whatever you do, try not to join the army"

so today i'm gonna hit the fucking road and start up some walking..once i get in the groove of that, i will pick up the pace and start jogging.

he also said to look up more info online ie mos, pay grades, etc. and to talk to a recruiter (though i want to hold off on that one since i don't need them calling me all the time when i'm not even near ready to go.) so basically the first step is start running and lose my beloved beer gut. i guess i'll have to cut back on beer too..though i'll see how that goes with the running. i wish there were some light craft beers eventually i'll have to quit the smoking too but that can wait.

Old 2007-03-22, 20:21
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
well my dad was busting my balls a little about not being ambitious and having no direction so i told him about thinking of joining the service. he was surprised and happy about it, but he recommended either the navy or air force. i'm not 100% why, but he mentioned those two services would offer more as far as learning a hard skill that would help me out getting a job if i decided to leave the service. he also mentioned the marines being the toughest, which i already knew, but i don't think thats the main reason he recommended the others. he did say something like "whatever you do, try not to join the army"

so today i'm gonna hit the fucking road and start up some walking..once i get in the groove of that, i will pick up the pace and start jogging.

he also said to look up more info online ie mos, pay grades, etc. and to talk to a recruiter (though i want to hold off on that one since i don't need them calling me all the time when i'm not even near ready to go.) so basically the first step is start running and lose my beloved beer gut. i guess i'll have to cut back on beer too..though i'll see how that goes with the running. i wish there were some light craft beers eventually i'll have to quit the smoking too but that can wait.

Every marine will tell you to join the other services except the army until you say you want to join the marines. Then its like HELL YEAH! WELCOME TO THE "PARTY"! haha

Hell just run for yourself. Its so easy to just become a nasty slob (no offense) but in the short and long run it will pay off.

Old 2007-03-22, 20:28
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Lol, beer drinking, cigarette smoking...you've got your work cut out for you graf.

Old 2007-03-23, 03:06
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

i don't smoke cigarettes.

i walked/jogged today. went just under 5 miles..went alright..hopefully i'll manage to do it again tomorrow instead of just going right to the beer store and getting wasted...even if i did, i guess i could walk more saturday.

Old 2007-03-23, 16:58
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

i talked to my dad a bit more about the whole thing and he gave me a link to the navy ocs info page or whatever. physically it doesn't seem like it will be too tough once i'm in shape...until then i don't think i'd make it. the memorization part looks annoying. i already know some of the stuff..but not even a quarter of it i'd say..at least based on the examples they gave to practice before arriving in pensacola. i'm gonna talk to him a little more about why he recommends the navy or af over marines, but i guess they might be a little less of a culture shock for me too. then again, i think any of the military branches will a fairly drastic change for me. i'm also going to call my friend that was in the navy and talk with him a bit more about it.

Old 2007-03-24, 11:35
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I was in the Navy 6 years you know. It really is the way to go if you are technically, future, and combat minded. I just don't say that because I was in the Navy. A retired Army Officer, who was my partner as a industrial medic, told me the same. I told him just once I was thinking military and he call the Navy for me after we had working together for years. I was pretty pissed at first, but he turned out to be right... again. I was unsure at first. At first I was like, "Its the Marines or fuck it all", but lets get real, the marines need the badass propaganda. They have a very hard job, Officer and Enlisted both, so they try to appeal to everyone and then filter out the large mass unsuitable for their ranks. This also also works the opposite way. The Marines are better suited for some members in other branches and they transfer. The Marines isn't much different than the Navy really. Its the same branch in some ways. The Navy and Marines are basically one in the same. Neither are far from the other. You even dedicate to be apart of the service everyday you make the oath to do so or you don't. Get out after your time is up if it isn't for you but do keep your word and complete your duty. No one will blame you for getting out. It isn't for everyone, and a family makes it easier and harder at the same time. Military life is hard and you might have to actually give your life. That seems surreal reading it online at Metaltabs, but are you ready for that? Are you truly ready to sacrifice your life, or a few years of your life?

Make that decision. Its a great life but it does require dedication.

Edit: ARE YOU READY FOR WAR!!!!?

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2007-03-24 at 11:39.

Old 2007-03-24, 15:30
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Ok stop scaring him haha. You do bring up really good valid points.

Although nobody joins the military with the intent of sacrificing their life, but just knowing that if it happens, its for a good cause. (unless you are just crazy like that)

Old 2007-03-24, 20:30
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

Well, just cut my hair really short today, quitting smoking and starting my training regime on Monday, I'm gonna be knackered for weeks!

Take her from behind, then pretend like you're gonna cum, retract and spit on her back.
Then when she turns around blow your load in her face

Old 2007-03-26, 02:05
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

i know it will be quite a sacrifice. one i'm already not looking forward to is selling off all my bugs and snakes..weighing my options to see if maybe i could give a couple to a friend i trust to keep while i'd be in ocs. i imagine they wouldn't like me having a tarantula or a snake while i was there? do any of you know what the regulations for that kind of thing is for base housing? if i could, i'd just have someone watch a few of the ones i really didn't want to let go..then get them back after ocs once i'm in wherever i'd be living.

got a copy of some naval ocs physical training guide and it has some recommendations for starting to get in the flow of running. the thing is, the ones in the beginning are kinda short, so i don't know if i'd be burning off as much fat. maybe i just have to start somewhere, but i'll see how it goes i guess. my other fear is that the beers i drink are offsetting any of the exercise i'm getting to the point where i'd have to quit drinking anything other than light beer..or worse yet quit all together. i guess i could always just drastically cut down if really necessary..but it won't be easy.

Old 2007-03-26, 02:12
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
i know it will be quite a sacrifice. one i'm already not looking forward to is selling off all my bugs and snakes..weighing my options to see if maybe i could give a couple to a friend i trust to keep while i'd be in ocs. i imagine they wouldn't like me having a tarantula or a snake while i was there? do any of you know what the regulations for that kind of thing is for base housing? if i could, i'd just have someone watch a few of the ones i really didn't want to let go..then get them back after ocs once i'm in wherever i'd be living.

got a copy of some naval ocs physical training guide and it has some recommendations for starting to get in the flow of running. the thing is, the ones in the beginning are kinda short, so i don't know if i'd be burning off as much fat. maybe i just have to start somewhere, but i'll see how it goes i guess. my other fear is that the beers i drink are offsetting any of the exercise i'm getting to the point where i'd have to quit drinking anything other than light beer..or worse yet quit all together. i guess i could always just drastically cut down if really necessary..but it won't be easy.

Cutting down to weekends is your best bet and a solid start.

As far as having cage animals and pets i'm almost positive there are no regs on it. Its on the same wavelength as fish, and you can have fish anywhere.

Old 2007-03-26, 02:19
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Yeah, just cut back a little on the beer, soda, and junk food for a while. Keep at jogging even just a little everyday, and within a week the body fat will start to burn away like crazy. You don't have to stop drinking completely, but for now give you body a boost and cut back. There is plenty of time to drink yourself retarded later.

As far as I know, you can have pets in base housing, but not the barracks. I had lots of shipmates with snakes, spiders, cats, dogs, ferrets, chinchillas, birds, and even rats as pets on base housing and no one said shit about it.

Old 2007-03-26, 02:22
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Yeah, just cut back a little on the beer, soda, and junk food for a while. Keep at jogging even just a little everyday, and within a week the body fat will start to burn away like crazy. You don't have to stop drinking completely, but for now give you body a boost and cut back. There is plenty of time to drink yourself retarded later.

As far as I know, you can have pets in base housing, but not the barracks. I had lots of shipmates with snakes, spiders, cats, dogs, ferrets, chinchillas, birds, and even rats as pets on base housing and no one said shit about it.

You sure you can't have like a small caged animal in the barracks? I mean i don't see why you couldn't have 1 or 2 small glassed containers with a spider or snake in it.

Well you probably "could" just keep them hidden on inspection day. haha granted if you are an officer i dont' think they do barracks inspections..

Old 2007-03-26, 02:26
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Not in any barracks I've been in. Absolutely no pets of any kind. I think Officers do get inspections but not as often.

Story time. We had one dude in nuke school that could have hidden bodies in his room it smelled so bad and was so messy. I have seen land fill sights that were cleaner. No shit.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2007-03-26 at 02:30.

Old 2007-03-26, 03:03
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

i guess i'll just run it by them while i'm talking to the recruiter or do you think it would be a better idea to get in direct contact with someone at ocs? i guess the person at ocs would have a better understanding of the rules there. i can part with most of these bastards fairly easily..but theres some i'd really rather hang onto. one spider is pretty rare and doesn't even have a species name yet.

cutting down on the beer is gonna be tough..but i guess you are right, i have plenty of time to drink my face off once i've passed the initial shitfest.

honestly kinda excited about the whole thing. will be quite a dramatic change for me, as well as the best thing i've done so far career wise. well i guess getting a ba wasn't bad..but so far i've not used it for anything.

if i joined the navy in say 6 months..i'd be in ocs for a few months, then what? likely chance of getting deployed on a ship or something?

edit..i just sent an email to the contact us address for ocs and asked about spiders and snakes. i had to put in my number..but i made it clear i wasn't joining right away...hope they don't call me a bunch.

Last edited by xgrafcorex : 2007-03-26 at 03:32.

Old 2007-03-26, 03:43
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Depends on the job you choose. Some Navy jobs deploy all the time and others never deploy. Your chances of being deployed right out of OCS are very slim so don't worry about that. You will not be deployed unless you are completely ready and prepared.

It can be a lot of fun being deployed though really. You get to see and do things that people will never have the chance to do and you get payed to do it. Deployment pay is super great, plus tax free in combat zones! It doesn't matter if you are in a combat zone for 15 seconds or just sail through one; the rest of the month is tax free.

Old 2007-03-26, 03:48
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

hah and you can't spend that much money while on a ship i guess...so you wind up saving a bit of cash i assume.

i still need to figure out my complete game plan though..in a few months it will be time to renew the lease. i'm not thinking i'll make it out of here by then. i guess theres no immediate rush though..there are plenty of things i need to take care of before then anyway.

what are you doing now that you are out?

Old 2007-03-26, 04:03
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I am just chilling out on unemployment pay right now. I will be getting a job soon. I have a few things lined up, but I needed a vacation. Trying to adapt back into a civilian again is taking time

It is easy to save up tens of thousands of dollars on deployment, but on a carrier it is also easy to spend money in the ships store. Its like a mini department store. Everything from sports gear, dvds, CDs, computers, and MP3 players are brought on and sold. Then there are port calls that turn into week long drinking parties. Sailors spend like it is their last day on earth I've got some crazy stories too.

Take your time getting everything in order. There is no rush. The beginning will be difficult, but afterwards life will seem sweeter than ever.

Old 2007-03-26, 12:14
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

You're wondering whether you can have spiders and snakes at ocs? haha i can already tell you oh hell freaking no.

I know Navy ocs isn't marine ocs but don't make any mistakes OCS is "like" an officer "bootcamp." High stress and high tempo environment where your days are completely and totally structured. Its an evaluation period to make sure you got what it takes. When you get out go to your mos training and go to a unit then thats when you would be allowed to have things such as those.

Soul: Yea i bet those port calls are pretty kick ass, you navy bastards get to have the fun while the marines stay on ship to guard. (often) Poor poor guys. You could spare at least one taiwanese bitch for em..

Old 2007-03-26, 15:31
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

So i'm thinking about going Navy as well. Its something i have been thinking about for awhile now.

I'm definitely been plagued with some serious issues with where i'm planning on going in the future. Deciding what is important to me.

The most important thing to me is my future and eventual family.

The next thing i have to keep telling myself that is the only thing i want to do as a marine officer (and i really do mean the only thing) is fly jets. its the only thing really that you can't do anywhere else but the military.
So like i was starting to say, to fly jets its a minimum of an 8 year obligation. Then because of this officer program taking money adds like almost 2 years to that. Plus i will have had 4+ years time in service so... the classic might as well fucking retire thing comes in. And i don't see being a pilot in the marines (especialy) as the best way to appeal to my "most important goal." It might be doable i don't know.

Well the next thing is switching services. Although i am a marine and will always be a marine, there are things that come with being a marine that drive me up the wall. Drive me so fucking insane that i just don't know what to do with myself. It usually involves doing things without a GOOD reason and especially without use of solid thinking and logic. Typically involves somebody copy catting somebody else and doing something stupid.

But the navy might be more intune with what i want. They have similar planes and missions and goals.

Old 2007-03-26, 15:57
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

didn't realize they had all that stuff on board. i guess it would be easy to blow some cash there. yea, one of my friends was on a ship that came into the port of ft lauderdale. went down to hang out with them and just went from bar to bar. hah i'll probably be one of the ones spending a bit on drinks.

ha..yea i guess i should've figured it would be a no go. just was half drunk and doing some wishful thinking. maybe i'll ask my brother to keep an eye on a couple of them for me. its not for too long. what kind of shit can or should i bring to ocs? just the basics? some clothes, towel, bathroom things (toothbrush/paste, deodorant, etc.) or are there other non necessary items i can bring?

if i can think of any other questions i'll post them here..also going to my friends wedding in a week or two, so i'll be talking to him about it as much as i can..though i'm sure he'll be running around like crazy the whole time making sure everything is going as planned.

Old 2007-03-26, 16:03
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I know what you mean buy flying jets. You got to do what you dream about, no matter what. You're strong TM and yes, you will always be a Marine. No one will ever doubt that fact without facing direr consequences, I'm sure. The military is the only place you can fly without being FFA certified BS, but military pilots do face a whole new world shit when it comes to qualifying.

Just like how I operated the controls on a nuclear reactor without NRC certification, but I faced an inhuman qualification in order to do so. But you know what if took most of all? Work, not money or political pull or reputation. It was work. Work will get you everything you have ever dreamed of in the military.

I worked to operate a nuclear reactor. Me! I did it. I worked for it and I did it. I have that for the rest of my life and I never melted a reactor

TM, fly however you can. Give it everything you have. Pilots and Marines are the business end of the whole US. You got one area covered. The Navy might have the life you might like best after all. I do feel sorry for those poor Marines left on perpetual guard duty their entire career

Who knows what we can become

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2007-03-26 at 16:11.

Old 2007-03-26, 17:01
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

do they really test for past lsd usage if you are to become a pilot? or is that just bullshit hype spread by people that don't know a damn thing about it? now that i think of it..i don't think i've ever heard that info from anyone that was actually in the military..much less trying to be a pilot. likely i heard it from kids of people in the military, or just random friends. being a pilot would be the shit though.

Old 2007-03-26, 17:08
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I have never seen anyone test positive for LSD in the military that didn't have it in their piss. I knew a ton of people worried about what you are asking. Know what?

Nothing happened. I think its an urban legend.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2007-03-26 at 18:50.

Old 2007-03-26, 17:57
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

yea, i agree. i had never once heard any one explain it with any substance. just that someone had some flashback and crashed and now they test or at least ask people about using it in the past.

not even sure what kind of MOS i'm looking for. for now, i'm just focusing on getting into a routine of exercise and then getting out of this job. i guess i still have plenty of time to decide, and could possibly change my mind once i get there and learn more about it all if i were to try and pick one now. my degree is in graphic design, and my main interests are cars, guitar, inverts and reptiles, beer, and food haha. not that i would like to be a cook or peel potatoes.

would i have to take something like the asvab? i took it once when i was a senior in high school, but that was 7 years ago. something like that could probably help give me a better idea of what i would do well in.

Old 2007-03-26, 20:01
basstendencies
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
yea, i agree. i had never once heard any one explain it with any substance. just that someone had some flashback and crashed and now they test or at least ask people about using it in the past.

not even sure what kind of MOS i'm looking for. for now, i'm just focusing on getting into a routine of exercise and then getting out of this job. i guess i still have plenty of time to decide, and could possibly change my mind once i get there and learn more about it all if i were to try and pick one now. my degree is in graphic design, and my main interests are cars, guitar, inverts and reptiles, beer, and food haha. not that i would like to be a cook or peel potatoes.

would i have to take something like the asvab? i took it once when i was a senior in high school, but that was 7 years ago. something like that could probably help give me a better idea of what i would do well in.

you should move to north carolina, you can maintain my dads golf course ( think bill murray from caddyshack), and we can start a mountain metal movement. although i cant imagine you would get a shitty assignment with your dad being the man and all. have to stop all that dirty doping though.

Old 2007-03-26, 20:22
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

hah that would be fun..chasing rodents and blowing up half a golf course. honestly i don't think my dad will have any influence on what position i get...he might know some people and be able to pull some strings here and there..but there won't be any red carpet or anything like that. yea...quitting smoking will suck for sure. on the plus side..i have plenty of beer gut to run off before i have to worry about that.. another thing that sucks is clearing out the zoo. i just put up the first group of critters on sale. thinking about hanging onto one snake, and a spider or 3 and letting my brother (hopefully..haven't run this by him at all so far.) take care of them for the few months i'd be at ocs. that or sell them or just mail them to someone in the hobby that i trust and then buying them back or have them send them back once i can house them again.

Old 2007-03-27, 05:26
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

Started off my PT yesterday, good fucking lord I didn't realise just how unfit I was! I was close to fainting at one point It was good fun though, I enjoyed getting off my arse, quitting smoking's been piss easy so far, I've barely thought about it, hopefully I'll be fit enough in 8 weeks!

Hopefully within the next 2-3 years I'll be able to do paratroop training, that's my ultimate goal for the first few years, should be pretty metal!

Take her from behind, then pretend like you're gonna cum, retract and spit on her back.
Then when she turns around blow your load in her face

Old 2007-03-29, 14:39
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6505181.stm

us marines ban large tattoos on head, neck, arms and legs. people with tattoos already are exempt, but i guess as of this coming sunday, you could get in a significant amount of trouble for new ones.

Old 2007-03-29, 16:24
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyvim Tvar
Started off my PT yesterday, good fucking lord I didn't realise just how unfit I was! I was close to fainting at one point It was good fun though, I enjoyed getting off my arse, quitting smoking's been piss easy so far, I've barely thought about it, hopefully I'll be fit enough in 8 weeks!

Hopefully within the next 2-3 years I'll be able to do paratroop training, that's my ultimate goal for the first few years, should be pretty metal!

Yeah, that is pretty metal. Stay focused on that goal and you will see it become real before you know it. Paratroop training actually sounds like a ton of fun. To bad I thought nuke school would be the ulitamite fun or I might have liked to do something like that.

Tattoo regulations in the Navy are pretty strict now too. No new tattoos at all. I'm not sure why but thats the rule now. You used to be able to get them as long as they were in good taste and hidden.

Old 2007-03-29, 16:33
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

not too sure how much i'd enjoy jumping out of a plane..at least the first time.

no new tattoos at all..but i assume you can still join the navy if you have a tattoo right? i have one that isn't huge and is covered up when i have a shirt on.

Old 2007-03-29, 16:59
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

As far as I know you can join if you already have tattoos, but you can't get anymore.

Not that it stops some Sailors though. I know people that still get them by just expand on old tattoos. Who is going to know if they don't say anything? A medical examiner might notice if they cross reference your body to your medical record ( your tattoos are documented in there when you first join ), but they don't normally do that unless your dead.

Don't bring attention to your new tattoos, if you get them, and you are fine. God help anyone that does get caught with a new tattoo though

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2007-03-29 at 17:01.

Old 2007-03-29, 17:33
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

That's bullshit. I hate the tattoo discrimination and I hate covering mine up. Well, right now I don't cause I'm not working...but many jobs will basically tell me to "go fuck yourself" because of my arm tattoo.

It's my God given right to look like a Mexican gangster!

edit - from that article above.

"Marine Cpl Jeremy Slaton, who has tattooed skulls spelling Death down his right arm, told Associated Press he would have to delay getting Life tattooed down the other.

"I guess I'll get the other half later... It's kind of messed up." "

haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2007-03-29, 18:55
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6505181.stm

us marines ban large tattoos on head, neck, arms and legs. people with tattoos already are exempt, but i guess as of this coming sunday, you could get in a significant amount of trouble for new ones.

I agree with this 150%.

The marine corps is attempting to protray a better image of professionalism, because as most may not believe this is one of the biggest things harped on by the Marine Corps. (For good reason) Up standing gentlemen don't have neck tattoos or huge sleeves of tattoos.

Especially while making the sacrifice by joining and allowing the removal of certain rights for the betterment of this nation. After leaving the military it should almost be encouraged to enjoy the freedoms you joined to protect.

Old 2007-03-29, 19:19
Slabbefusk
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

The swedish military didn't want me. FUCK YES!

Old 2007-03-29, 19:41
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabbefusk

Hahaha, I didn't know Sweden had conscription. Why were you rejected?

Old 2007-03-29, 21:23
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabbefusk

Rejected from the only country thats neutral.. ouch. Guess there is little to no demand for military.. haha

Old 2007-04-01, 08:05
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Navy joke time:

A Navy Chief and an Admiral were sitting in the barbershop. They were both just getting finished with their shaves when the barbers were reaching for some after-shave to slap on their faces.

The admiral shouted, "Hey, don't put that shit on me! My wife will think I've been in a whorehouse!"

The chief turned to his barber and said, "Go ahead and put it on. My wife doesn't know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like."

Old 2007-04-01, 19:47
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Navy joke time:

A Navy Chief and an Admiral were sitting in the barbershop. They were both just getting finished with their shaves when the barbers were reaching for some after-shave to slap on their faces.

The admiral shouted, "Hey, don't put that shit on me! My wife will think I've been in a whorehouse!"

The chief turned to his barber and said, "Go ahead and put it on. My wife doesn't know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like."

haha. Fuckin enlisted and officer jokes.... pff

Old 2007-04-23, 08:02
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Old 2007-04-23, 13:00
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:

haha ridiculous.

Btw

Ran a pft this morning. 11 pullups, 100 crunches, and 20:17 run time. woooooorrrd. I'm back nuggas.

Old 2007-04-23, 22:57
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Nice scores

Old 2007-04-24, 03:09
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

how far did you go in 20:17?

Old 2007-04-24, 06:17
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

3 miles. You get something like 27 minutes to run it and pass so 20:17 is fucking outstanding.

Edit: This ALMOST makes me want to go back.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2007-04-24 at 06:43.

Old 2007-04-24, 13:30
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

yea that is pretty good.

i'll have to check out that video when i go home for lunch..this computer sucks ass.

haha that other video was pretty good though. watched that one last night. yea..definitely not trying to join the army.

Old 2007-04-30, 17:39
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

well talked to an air force recruiter today, but he had to go because an someone came into the office that he had to meet with. he's going to call me back once i'm out of work today. what i did learn though is that since my degree was graphic design, and my gpa was not quite a 3.0, that it should be pretty hard for me to be accepted into OTS. he recommended i enlist for a year, then apply to OTS. apparently it is much easier to get in to OTS that way if you don't have a technical degree and a 3.0 or above and are currently a civilian. gonna talk to him more later and find out what i can.

my lease for the house is up at the end of july...so provided i'm in shape, i could be signing up as early as august. still not sure exactly what will be happening when though.

Old 2007-04-30, 18:38
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
well talked to an air force recruiter today, but he had to go because an someone came into the office that he had to meet with. he's going to call me back once i'm out of work today. what i did learn though is that since my degree was graphic design, and my gpa was not quite a 3.0, that it should be pretty hard for me to be accepted into OTS. he recommended i enlist for a year, then apply to OTS. apparently it is much easier to get in to OTS that way if you don't have a technical degree and a 3.0 or above and are currently a civilian. gonna talk to him more later and find out what i can.

my lease for the house is up at the end of july...so provided i'm in shape, i could be signing up as early as august. still not sure exactly what will be happening when though.

wow cool.

Well all i can say is make sure you find out all the information. don't forget you are talking to an ENLISTMENT recruiter. Go talk to an officer recruiter before you take everything he says as truth. I'm pretty coinfident in pulling the bullshit flag on that one, considering never does your major have anythign to do with being an officer. If it is in the air force than it is truly drastically different than every other service branch.

Oh, and no its not easy to go from enlisted to officer. You have to put together packages and what not and compete against peoplea ll the while doing your day to day stuff, which will zap your mind of being an officer. I'm not kidding when i say its not easy being active duty military and keeping a concious effort always on being an officer. I know too many people who before were going to apply for officer programs who now thats the last thing they think about.

So please, do yourself a favor and talk to an officer recruiter. (there is a difference)

Old 2007-04-30, 18:51
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

yea thats what i was worried about..if hes just trying to get me into the enlisted program to meet his quota. after i hung up with him, i went on their website and spoke with a representative and they pretty much echoed what that guy said (though he did ask me first what the enlisted recruiter told me, then he agreed. he also said the amount of people that are accepted to OTS that are active duties is double the amount that make it from civilian.) as a matter of fact..the person i spoke with on the online support thing on the webpage said it would be a "waste of time" talking to the officer recruiter since they'd just refer me back to the enlisted recruiter because of my major, gpa, and lack of leadership training or whatever.

i see what you are saying about trying to keep up with everything on top of trying to get into the officer program. i'll speak with this guy and make sure to get a number to an officer recruiter just to hear them tell me the same shit. if thats the case..maybe i'll go back and find out more details about the naval officer program. i'd rather just start off as an officer and not have to worry about making sure i switch over down the road.

Old 2007-04-30, 19:16
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Cool graf, best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2007-04-30, 19:23
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

thanks...i just hope this enlisted guy is trying to trick me and becoming and officer is not as hard as he says.

almost every day i'm at this job i want more and more to get out of here. definitely going running tonight. probably talk to the guy first so i don't miss the call then go running when the sun is down. also going to be seriously cutting back on my beer consumption now..or at least trying to. the sooner i get in shape the better..then i can resume extra chocolate double imperial stout mass consumption!

already ran out of green.. now i want to find someone to buy my glass piece and thats about it. sucks too cause the day after i decided that was my last bag, our neighbor got some really good bud. oh well...

Old 2007-04-30, 20:18
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
yea thats what i was worried about..if hes just trying to get me into the enlisted program to meet his quota. after i hung up with him, i went on their website and spoke with a representative and they pretty much echoed what that guy said (though he did ask me first what the enlisted recruiter told me, then he agreed. he also said the amount of people that are accepted to OTS that are active duties is double the amount that make it from civilian.) as a matter of fact..the person i spoke with on the online support thing on the webpage said it would be a "waste of time" talking to the officer recruiter since they'd just refer me back to the enlisted recruiter because of my major, gpa, and lack of leadership training or whatever.

i see what you are saying about trying to keep up with everything on top of trying to get into the officer program. i'll speak with this guy and make sure to get a number to an officer recruiter just to hear them tell me the same shit. if thats the case..maybe i'll go back and find out more details about the naval officer program. i'd rather just start off as an officer and not have to worry about making sure i switch over down the road.

Hmm... Well just make sure you are exploring all options and make sure you aren't talked into something that seems "too good to be true" kinda thing.

But i guess that is the air force. I'm surprised that they would even consider your major or your gpa as long as its above a 2.0. Maybe talk to the navy and see what their officer recruiter says. I did a little research on it on the net before and it seemed similar to the Marines. (who doesn't care about your major or your gpa as long as its above a 2.0.)

Old 2007-04-30, 20:40
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Never let them try that, "You need to enlist before you become an Officer" bullshit. It's a lie! Yes, some recruiters will lie to you. They will tell you anything to get you in because don't give a damn about you.

Not every recruiter is like this though. Mine was strait with me about everything; even the down sides. I knew just what I was dealing with before I ever committed myself. My recruiter and I are still friends to this day due to that level of truth, but I can't count the number of people that said, "My recruiter lied to me" during boot camp.

Now, it's not a bad ideal to start Enlisted because most Officers don't have a clue when they first get in but are expected to make some decisions. Most will listen to the advise of NCOs to help make these decisions, but a few ass clown Officers think they are somehow special and don't need input from lower rank. That is the number one mistake of new Officers; they don't listen to advise and they don't know how to delegate authority. Prior Enlisted Officers do much better. Plus they make more money, are less stressed, get promoted faster, keep things running smoother, are openly respected more ( not forced due to rank ), and are normally viewed as better leaders. I'm not saying to enlist first but when you do become an Officer just remember that you are working with other people. They are not working for you. Rank is a communication tool and not a way of life.

Old 2007-04-30, 20:49
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

alright...yea i'm basically gonna talk to this guy again in a bit here..see what all he has to say and also make sure to get the number for the officer recruiter too so i can hear it from the horse's mouth. the only help guy said the same thing..but again, he did ask what the enlisted recruiter told me before he told me anything himself. also i have no clue who the online support person is..could be a fellow enlisted recruiter for all i know. wound up getting side tracked and had to come back to work (was on my lunch break) before i got the number for the officer recruiter office nearest to my house.

edit...yea, i would try my best not to become some asshole officer guy. i'm sure i'll be a changed man by the time i am actually in the military..but i'll see how it goes.

Old 2007-05-01, 02:08
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

so the enlisted recruiter called me back. according to him, the fact that i was arrested for dui is the "nail in the coffin" that will stop me from becoming an officer. i find that hard to believe considering our president was arrested for the same thing and used coke. i figure its a little more tough trying to become the president. my dad did say that the usaf was downsizing a bit though.

either way, i have a few numbers for the nearest officer recruiters and i called but had to leave a message. i'm hoping to hear from them tomorrow morning..if not, i'll be calling them again while on my lunch break. if they tell me the same shit as the enlisted guy told me, i'll say thanks but no thanks and find out if the navy is as strict with its officers.

heh if the navy is the same..i might even just say fuck it and go into the coast guard. my friend that was in the navy said it's pretty small and i'd likely be in charge of my own boat after a few years hah. the only thing i really don't like about the coast guard is that i wouldn't ever get stationed abroad.

i'll let you guys know how it goes though.

Old 2007-05-01, 05:20
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
so the enlisted recruiter called me back. according to him, the fact that i was arrested for dui is the "nail in the coffin" that will stop me from becoming an officer. i find that hard to believe considering our president was arrested for the same thing and used coke. i figure its a little more tough trying to become the president. my dad did say that the usaf was downsizing a bit though.

either way, i have a few numbers for the nearest officer recruiters and i called but had to leave a message. i'm hoping to hear from them tomorrow morning..if not, i'll be calling them again while on my lunch break. if they tell me the same shit as the enlisted guy told me, i'll say thanks but no thanks and find out if the navy is as strict with its officers.

heh if the navy is the same..i might even just say fuck it and go into the coast guard. my friend that was in the navy said it's pretty small and i'd likely be in charge of my own boat after a few years hah. the only thing i really don't like about the coast guard is that i wouldn't ever get stationed abroad.

i'll let you guys know how it goes though.

Well before i even address this.. its called a ship not a boat. Coast guard doesn't have submarines.

Also, the navy is NOT like the coast guard. By any means at all. In fact the coast guard is one of the harder services to join from what i gather. The navy isn't small either. Its the 2nd largest force after the army, AND it has the most airplanes in the US military. (yes it has more than the chairforce)

And yes teh airforce is downsizing right now, so in my opinion they're a bad join if you are looking to get anywhere or do anythign decient.

Yes, your dui will prevent you from being an airforce officer. Other services could be iffy as well. Granted you didn't get it while you were in a program which is good. But i can pretty much guarrentte you its a no go for the air force. My friend greg got a misdemenor for stealing a keychain at walmart and as a result was stuck with whatever mos the airforce decided to give him. Luckily for him it was photography.

There is no harm in trying but don't be too surprised if it ends up not happening.

Last edited by tmfreak : 2007-05-01 at 05:22.

Old 2007-05-01, 09:19
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Yeah, stick with it. DUI or not, most things can be waived if you talk with the right people. The DUI could be reviewed and maybe waived IF it happened a long time ago and nothing has happened since. People make mistakes, people learn from those mistakes, and life goes on. Most recruiters want a fast and easy turnout so they tell people they can't do something just because they don't want to put the time and effort into helping, especially when there are hundreds of easier candidates to process into the military. Do you see what I'm saying here? Make friends with one of these recruiters and a whole new world of help will open up to you.

Take me for example. I tried weed when I was 14 and it became an issue years later when being accepted into the nuclear program. Navy regulations strictly stated that anyone that has ever consumed illegal substances of any kind shall not be granted nuclear clearance. I shouldn't have said anything about having tied the shit it but I was just being truthful and to many official people heard me say it to just make the statement go away. I just didn't know any better at the time but past drug use if a serious no no in the Nuke program. Looked like I couldn't join the Nuke program right? Well, I had become friends with my recruiter and she really wanted to help me. She knew it would take effort and time but she could maybe get me a second chance if I would stick with her and go the distance. She didn't try to sell me on another job or change my mind, because she knew I wanted the Nuke program. Anything less would have been a waste of my potential. She could have just given up on me at this point but, long story short, she instead got me an appointment with her CO a week later. I went in to see him alone. He knew I wanted to be a Nuke but had admitted to drug use so I couldn't. He asked me a few questions and we talked for about 30 minutes. He mostly wanted to know why I had tried drugs in the first place, why I stopped doing them, if I planned on every trying drugs again, and if I understood the Navy's policy on drug use. I was completely honest with him. I had only tried smoking weed a few times and it wasn't for me. By the end of the meeting he wrote a letter that waive my prior drug use and allowed me into the Nuke program. Six months later I had similar interview with the DoD to get my secret security clearance just before I started the next phase of the Nuke program. Again I was truthful, everything I told them checked out, and my future was in my own hands again. My recruiter had to about walk on water to help me but she cared enough about my future to do just that. Was it worth her effort? It wouldn't have been if we were not friends and I wasn't serious about being a Nuke.

She told me horror stories about other recruiters and the lies they tell people. It really opened my eyes about the whole system. If your not an easy in than most recruiters will basically say, "Sorry, you can't join" or just ignore you until you go away. One of the biggest lies recruiters tell is that you have to enlist first if you want to become an Officer, so be damn careful when dealing with most sleezy recruiter bastards. There are some good ones so I highly suggest you find one and make friends with them. Invite them out for some beer to talk about things, take them fishing, out to a concert, or whatever. They are normal people but like most military members are lonely most times so making friends should be pretty easy considering you know more about fun in your local area than they do. Even if things don't work out, at least you made a new friend.

Old 2007-05-01, 14:54
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

tm - haha i'm not in the military yet..so its still ship or boat to me.

he wasn't saying the cg was like the navy or that the navy was small. he wasying the cg is small so i could very likely be in charge of my own SHIP afer a few years. i didn't realize it was that hard to get into though. that sucks about the chair force..luckily my dui was 4 years ago and i haven't been arrested since. i may have gotten a speeding ticket once after? not sure honestly. if my last ticket was after getting arrested...i got it reduced in court to no points no driver school..and a $40 fine.

shit...i'd be cool with being a photographer..as long as they'd train me. i'm learning on my own right now. have gotten better..but still have a long ass way to go. the only thing that would suck about that is it probably doesn't move me up too far over the years, and then when i get out, i would have to be a photographer..which could be good or could be kinda crappy.

soul - thats cool it all worked out for you. i guess i'll try bullshitting with the person today and see how it goes. i was being cool with the enlisted guy, but i was also firm in stating that i wasn't going to enlist with him right there and then. he was saying it would be tough with the dui even for enlisted..but he was willing to go forward, so i don't think it would've been as tought as he was leading me to believe.

ha that taking them out for a beer sounds like a not bad idea. i'd just have to make sure i only have one or two..especially with telling them about the previous dui. hah would look shitty if i drank a bunch then drove home.

so with these clearances, i guess it depends on what type of clearance you are trying to get in regards to how many personal references they ask for? how did you guys go about that? talk to your friends before hand to give them a heads up the fbi might call them? even go as far as to talk with them about whose names they would give up too? also, i guess since its the fbi, its not necessary that you know people's contact numbers? i have lost touch with some good friends that would be great references..but i would guess the fbi could track them down?

edit...i called all three numbers to the same fucking office. i left a message with one yesterday, left a message with another today, and the third number just rang till i hung up, no answering machine. i wonder if these fuckers are that busy where they just get back to people as they get to them ,or i don't know what.

Last edited by xgrafcorex : 2007-05-01 at 16:54.

Old 2007-05-01, 17:21
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
so with these clearances, i guess it depends on what type of clearance you are trying to get in regards to how many personal references they ask for? how did you guys go about that? talk to your friends before hand to give them a heads up the fbi might call them? even go as far as to talk with them about whose names they would give up too? also, i guess since its the fbi, its not necessary that you know people's contact numbers? i have lost touch with some good friends that would be great references..but i would guess the fbi could track them down?

You fill out what is called an EPSQ. They do it online instead of the like 100 page paper monster that it used to be. But you fill out this ridiculously long thing of paper basically applying for the security clearance. You chose 3 names to put on there. I would chose them wisely for sure because i put a good friend of mine on there and he ended up giving me trouble that butt fucking moron.

He told them that me and him used to drink at my house with my parents supervision. (which was true, but very different from the fact i said i had never drank before, AND i was under 21) It appeared that they lost the information that they had written down on it, but just flagged that question or whatever (when they interviewed me months later). I think it was just a game to get me to confess or whatever. He was like did you ever have like wine with dinner or something? Nope. Never drank in my life. From the get go he was like good never admit to it haha.

Old 2007-05-01, 17:31
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

i already told the enlisted guy i drink (didn't say how much) but i can't say i haven'tt drank cause of the dui. so that, i was going to admit to, which i honestly didn't think would matter as long as i didn't say i drink every day. i don't know if i know anyone in the military that doesn't drink. i know they are out there..but seems like plenty do and they know it. ha the guy yesterday was also asking if my tattoo was gang related.

still pissed none of these recruiters answered their damn phones. they're probably hanging out in miami beach or some shit. gonna call them again tomorrow at lunch and leave messages on each of the machines saying this is my second message.

edit..as for that edsq...i was going to run it by my friends first and also discuss who they'd refer them to..and talk to those people as well. how soon after i joined would they be getting calls about my background? not until i got to a job that required any kind of clearance? or do they just do some initial checking around, then come back later when something more important comes up?

Old 2007-05-01, 18:35
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
i already told the enlisted guy i drink (didn't say how much) but i can't say i haven'tt drank cause of the dui. so that, i was going to admit to, which i honestly didn't think would matter as long as i didn't say i drink every day. i don't know if i know anyone in the military that doesn't drink. i know they are out there..but seems like plenty do and they know it. ha the guy yesterday was also asking if my tattoo was gang related.

still pissed none of these recruiters answered their damn phones. they're probably hanging out in miami beach or some shit. gonna call them again tomorrow at lunch and leave messages on each of the machines saying this is my second message.

edit..as for that edsq...i was going to run it by my friends first and also discuss who they'd refer them to..and talk to those people as well. how soon after i joined would they be getting calls about my background? not until i got to a job that required any kind of clearance? or do they just do some initial checking around, then come back later when something more important comes up?

Its cause i was under 21... You are allowed to do legal things man haha.
And its an epsq. haha not edsq.

Also unless you are getting a security clearance (its job related) you won't be getting one. So i wouldn't even worry about it. The military does background checks that just involves police records and thats it. Admitting to only things you have been convicted of is what needs to happen. I wouldn't even worry about an epsq because more than likely unless you are going to be an officer (for sure) or the intelligence field you probably aren't going to get one. And even IF you get a secret clearance the FBI won't be tasked with doing it. They do that for Top secret clearances. (like i have)