MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Tabs > Tab Questions & Requests

Old 2005-02-26, 05:09
Sarnath
New Blood

Guitar Pro vs. Powertab

I have downloaded the guitar pro demo the other day and have been using it and I am not quite sure why $59.00 is worth this product? Powertab is a free download with basically the same features, is there a reason to obtain Guitar Pro?

Old 2005-02-26, 08:47
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Yeah there is a reason for getting Guitar pro. I've never used powertab, but I have G-pro and it's awesome. I don't know if they are all right, but like 95% of the songs that I download for it, sound right. It has all the drums,bass, keyboards, and almost whatever instrument you can think of, so it's fun playing along. I don't know how some of the people write the tabs for some of the songs for G-pro, like how the hell did they figure it out? Anyways, I have the full version of G-pro, but I didn't buy it, it's called kazaa.

Old 2005-02-26, 09:14
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

i think gp is more user-friendly. when i first opened it i could imedeately start to tab, and with power tab i still dont have a clue

Old 2005-02-26, 12:14
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Guitar pro confuses me. I like being able to see both guitar parts art the same time. I like powertab, even if it doesn't have drum parts.

Old 2005-02-26, 13:45
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Powertab is much better to view mainly down to the fact that the indicator can actual keep up with the score.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2005-02-26, 22:34
younguitarist
Post-whore

Powertab owns guitar pro. Guitar pro looks like a mess and powertab is nice and organized.

Old 2005-02-26, 22:50
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

Guitar pro is nice, but i prefer powertab. If you are specifically asking "Is guitarpro worth $60?" then the answer is no.
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2005-02-27, 00:42
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Dammit, don't buy it, to anyone that's thinking of buying it. It's not worth it. Just dl the full version. Either that, or you can dl a demo version and it works just fine, except that after 30 days, you get more limitations on what you can do.

Old 2005-02-27, 02:53
Sarnath
New Blood

Thanks, I was thinking of buying it for shits and giggles but after using this demo for another day or 2, I see no real difference except layout and design, both sound shitty on distortion guitar ( yes I have a sound card ). Free vs. $60, hmmm..... think I'll take the free one!

Old 2005-02-28, 12:29
fatdanny
Post-whore

GP is easier, I downloaded the full version but all the serial numbers I find are blocked for piracy...

I'm not bothered about seeing all the guitar parts at once (I can only play one guitar at a time anyway) but, as john said, It cant keep up properly if the song has moderate/fast trem picking.

Old 2005-02-28, 14:22
ClaWer
New Blood

I prefer guitar pro, it's much easier to use. You can turn off the notation and view the rhytm under the tab lines. It has an unlimited number of tracks, it's easier to play what is tabbed. About the price : it certainly doesn't deserve buying but it's not so hard to find a full version and a serial

Old 2005-02-28, 23:38
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
GP is easier, I downloaded the full version but all the serial numbers I find are blocked for piracy...

I'm not bothered about seeing all the guitar parts at once (I can only play one guitar at a time anyway) but, as john said, It cant keep up properly if the song has moderate/fast trem picking.

Yeah, I had the same problem at first with the ID key thing. My friend dl a CD key generator or whatever it's called, and he gave me a ID.

Old 2005-03-01, 04:54
extreme696
New Blood

hi, i already have gp but i havnt seen power tab and i want to try it so where can i dwnload it for free

Old 2005-03-01, 04:58
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2005-03-01, 05:00
extreme696
New Blood

thanks

Old 2005-03-06, 16:29
Azdaroth
Metalhead

Guitar Pro is better nad more friendly but Power Tab is free.

Old 2005-03-06, 18:44
younguitarist
Post-whore

Well you can see both guitars play at the same time while guitar pro you have to click on each instrument. Plus you can see the score A LOT better. Powertabs indicator keeps up with the notes so I know what note is being played while guitar pro's indicator skips notes.

Old 2005-03-07, 06:11
Darkenelf
Supreme Metalhead

guitar pro is much better, the sound too, it's easy to use...

i have a crack of guitar pro 4... you can download it almost everywhere.

if ya can't find, i can share it with ya.

Join the hordes!!

Old 2005-03-07, 08:29
SmotPoker
Senior Metalhead

guitar pro is better i think. it was really easy for me to understand how to use quickly, compared to powertab(and i still have trouble tabing shit out on that compared to guitar pro). haha i got mine riped to, no fucking way im paying $50 for it.

Old 2005-03-07, 10:04
extreme696
New Blood

u can get guitar pro free from imesh and just go to www.serials.ws thats it no .com and find a serial number and install it

Old 2005-03-15, 10:40
GuitarSlayer
New Blood

Hey everyone, i just got Guitar Pro 4.1.0 demo, it's 1million times better than power tab. The only thing is i find serials for it and it's useless cuz you can't enter it in in the demo version. Please email me at
dcx_3000@yahoo.com if you've got the crack thank you so much!!!!!!

Old 2005-04-05, 09:00
darrvid
New Blood

I'm having the same problem. I can't find a place to download the full version, and there's no where to put in a serial or user ID in the demo version. All of the links saying they lead to the full version are dead that I can find. I don't really want to install Kazaa either, can anyone help?

Old 2005-04-05, 10:04
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

Take your money to the store. Exchange moeny for product. Return home.
(x.x) (> <)