MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2005-01-26, 22:33
ArkaneSoul88
Senior Metalhead

High pitch vox

Ok well basically i got the standard blackmetal vox song that i want for the regular verse runs. But i want to be able to have a higher scream like Cradle of filth(not exactly), or Dark funeral , the type of screams that have very little amounts of growl, but are still high pitched. Almost between vox and a yell. What are the general ways to do these?

Old 2005-04-05, 15:07
GravelFistFM
New Blood

have you tried some intake?

Old 2005-04-27, 23:36
Jamento
Metalhead

damnit, what the hell is intake?

I found out how to do the types of screams dani produces by imitating him... i've always had a nack for imitating vocals of cartoons, and metal vocalists.
(I can mimic anyone out there, From Cradle to Dimmu. Well not gay ass singing metal. that shit sucks)

Old 2005-04-28, 03:49
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Haha. Cradle to dimmu....that limits the styles significantly....
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2005-04-30, 20:18
darkexodite
New Blood

How the hell can singing be gay?? It takes more talent and training... hmm yep sounds pretty gay to me

Anyways, a lot of it has to do with your own tone and what you can do. I know that I have a good bass and good mids, but my highs suck, therefore I work on them more, but I'll never be as good as anyone else with naturaly good highs. Test yourself and see where you stand, maybe you already did this, I just don't know how else you can do high vocals, cause you should do pretty good if you sing high to start with.

Old 2005-04-30, 23:37
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Black metal screaming is like a teenager yelling at the top of his lungs. Puberty at its best.

Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2005-05-01, 04:43
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamento
damnit, what the hell is intake?

I found out how to do the types of screams dani produces by imitating him... i've always had a nack for imitating vocals of cartoons, and metal vocalists.
(I can mimic anyone out there, From Cradle to Dimmu. Well not gay ass singing metal. that shit sucks)

that's ridiculous. "gay arse singing metal?" iron maiden or dream theater have sold so many more records than you ever will. neither do the likes of ozzy osbourne or mikael akerfeldt have a piece of metal shoved through their dick.

Old 2005-05-03, 22:22
Jamento
Metalhead

Touche'

I worded it all wrong. I think what I meant to say was that I can hit some really high notes, but can also make very bassy sounds. And by singing metal I meant something that sounds like putting Axle Rose in pantera... I hate axle's voice.

Old 2005-05-03, 22:54
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

meh, i can hit high notes very easily, check out my axel rose parody song. it comes naturally i guess, or perhaps if you sing Queen constantly at a young age..

Old 2005-05-07, 23:50
Thy Horny Pup
New Blood

Talking

I got good at getting high notes by practicing Phantom of the Opera songs and Queen...and im only 16

DRINK IT UP!!!

Old 2005-06-15, 23:47
Witchhammer
New Blood

For a Dani Filth scream. When you sing high, you push up from your diaphram usually (unless sometimes people use throat for head voice) and if you go too high, your voice either breaks, or you start to gag (This happens to me on occasion when screaming) Instead of that, think of bypassing it all and let loose, pretending it all comes from the throat and "push up" with your throat and tense your stomach. Your scream should be EXTREMELY high, much like Dani's. This is what I do, and it works. It's a bit hard to explain in detail, but you have to "feel" it.

Old 2005-06-30, 20:18
Schizoid
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchhammer
For a Dani Filth scream. When you sing high, you push up from your diaphram usually (unless sometimes people use throat for head voice) and if you go too high, your voice either breaks, or you start to gag (This happens to me on occasion when screaming) Instead of that, think of bypassing it all and let loose, pretending it all comes from the throat and "push up" with your throat and tense your stomach. Your scream should be EXTREMELY high, much like Dani's. This is what I do, and it works. It's a bit hard to explain in detail, but you have to "feel" it.

Right, and when your scream hight pitch sounds you use less air than deep growls thus making you scream for a longer period of time before taking a breath of air. That is why Dani has long screams.