MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2005-01-25, 23:57
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Exhumed type screams

I mostly do raspy screams like Carcass/ Exhumed/ Impaled style. I drink some warm milk sometimes tea. And put a warm compress on my throat. I can do Carcass/Impaled almost perfect. However I am having some trouble with the Matt Harvey screams of Exhumed. Does anyone have any suggestions on how Matt gets his voice that high and raspy? When I do it I usually don't sound as high as him. I don't want to force it out and shit my pants but if anyone has any techniques,drinks, or what not. Let me know.

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2005-01-26, 00:13
ExhumedCarcass
Senior Metalhead

I've talked to him before, he said "I just drink beer and scream as abrasively as I can". So I don't think it has anything to do with technique, it's just something he can do.

Old 2005-01-26, 01:35
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Well one thing Matt doesn't do the high screams, he does the death vocals. Mike and Ross did the high screams. Anyways, both screams and death vocals come naturally to me so I can't really help you.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2005-01-26, 01:38
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

i would stay away from milk as that's something to help with low vocals.
try warm water, as disgusting as it is, it's not as thick and gluggy as milk so this should be better for high vocals. if you can't stand it, try black coffee.

Old 2005-01-26, 01:57
Transient
HES BAAACK

coffee is good

this is the type of vocals im most interested in doing, seeing as i have a fairly high and nasally talking voice as it is. check out the intro on disc two of exhumed's platter of splatter...just the guy talking in his death voice

really clear and easy to hear

Old 2005-01-26, 02:58
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I'm sure this thread has exausted; I know it might be a pain, but there are-that I know of- like 2-3 other threads with info about "what to drink" and shit like that....be a man and drink whiskey.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Last edited by powersofterror : 2005-01-26 at 03:00.