MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Feedback

Old 2004-12-24, 13:13
SlayedJesus
Senior Metalhead

Incomplete Tabs

What about that idea of a thread for incomplete tabs that came up in the tab questions and requests forum. The idea is to post incomplete tabs somewhere so that they could be finish by someone else.

Old 2004-12-24, 13:39
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Not a bad idea, seeing as how many pending tabs are actually incomplete. The only problem I can think of would be as to who actually gets the credit if 6 different people were to tab a song.

Old 2004-12-24, 14:05
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

That thread was my idea but I haven't got round to posting it up with any relevant guidelines. I was thinking that people who were having a tough time on a tab could go there and ask for help and/or collaboration (without posting any riffs). The thread could also be used by people who have tried with a tab but ultimately have given up on it and who then can post what they've got already in there for somebody else to take up the mantle.

I don't think the thread should be a progress report in the vein of, 'OK here's what I've got up to now' as if the author wants verification of his work this can take place over e-mail or private messaging.

I guess if somebody wants to make the thread just go ahead and do it - the worst that can happen is that it gets closed but if memory serves me correct, Nihilist was up for the idea so there shouldn't be a problem.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2004-12-25, 04:32
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayedJesus
What about that idea of a thread for incomplete tabs that came up in the tab questions and requests forum. The idea is to post incomplete tabs somewhere so that they could be finish by someone else.

People with incomplete tabs are already encouraged to post what they have in the TQ&R forum, so this seems somewhat pointless to me. I mean, it's not a bad idea, don't be discouraged, there just really isn't much of a need for it as far as I can see.

Old 2004-12-26, 00:55
Father Death
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

yeah people should just post incomplete tabs and ask for help in the Tab Questions forum. no threads should be deleted just cause someone is looking for help.