MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2004-12-23, 07:16
darkexodite
New Blood

Voice Mods and Equipment

So, what does everyone use for voice mods (if you do) or just regular equipment for your PA?

I'm asking this because I'm trying to get a clear idea of what I should start buying to build up to a good system. Yea, I know, I've said before that I did use all this equipment, but that was at constant gigs with rigged up PAs where I had the equipment at my disposal.

Anyhow, some of you will say that you don't use any, which I respect. But I do notice that you can make wonders to enhance your voice with simple stuff, that most singers use anyways, such as reverb, small distortion, compressor (everyone should have one of these ), etc.

Anyhow, list away.

Ahhh, and by the way I'm a bit of a growler, but I do a lot of regular Testament-ish vocals aswell (most of my stuff ends up sounding close to Children of Bodom... but I have a bit deaper voice than Alexi, so it works out in the end).

Old 2004-12-26, 19:26
SmotPoker
Senior Metalhead

My friend, who is also the vocalist in our band, just got a vocal pedal for x-mass and im going over for practice today so ill tell ya how that is. Im also interested in trying it out myself, im not a much of a vocalist at all but with technology these days....maybe ill be the new singer

Old 2004-12-26, 23:51
darkexodite
New Blood

As much as I want to agree with you on that, hehe, to do good vocals still takes some talent and most importantly believing that you can do it. The tech stuff comes as an enhancer to an already competant vocalist. I don't call myself the best, or most awsome, vocalist that my band could ever get, but I try my best and believe that I can do it. I know sounds cheesy, so take it as you will

But yea, vocal pedal? hmmm I'm guessing it could be either a compressor, a small distortion, or maybe something else.

Old 2004-12-31, 02:32
GravelFistFM
New Blood

better to do it yourself at first, just because u dont wanna waste money to have tech do what u can do yourself...but whatever

Old 2004-12-31, 07:06
darkexodite
New Blood

Well yes. But you don't have to pay a tech to set it up if you have your own PA and you're own equipment, I mean, it is your own.

But yea, I'm trying not to get carried away with it, but I am learning a lot of music tech and will be much more adept at it soon, but I'm just starting now.

Old 2005-10-31, 14:53
GravelFistFM
New Blood

thats pointless. might as well sell your shit if youre gonna have tech do your work

Old 2005-11-14, 01:08
arvina
Post-whore

i like effected vocals but not all the time. compressor is an always.but reverb and distortion is not. just every once in a while. the megaphone effect is cool though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
nah man, nah, I had an itchy ballsack!

forget wall of marshalls look at this wall of engls!
http://www.engl-amps.com/pics/newsp..._stevemorse.jpg

www.tdiclub.com