MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2004-12-10, 01:03
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

R.I.P Dimebag Darrel. You wont be forgotten, But you will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2004-12-10, 01:11
Anarchos Mortis
Metalhead

Im going on 8 hours of pantera music playing here...

Die for Honor, Die for Glory, Death in Fire.

Old 2004-12-10, 01:13
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

By everyone I did mean all of you. I got worried about how some people would take the news here in the green hole. I'm shocked and numb. I would have never guessed Dime's passing would affect me this way. I was having trouble breathing when I first heard. I felt panicy. Now I feel very sad. I was lucky enough to see Pantara 3 times in my life. Thier music made me feel strong at times in my life when I believed I had no control over my life. Dime has always been one of my idols.

Good bye, Dime. I sure will miss you.

Old 2004-12-10, 01:17
guitar_demon
MotörCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
. I would have never guessed Dime's passing would affect me this way. .

isnt that the wierdest thing? none of us knew him personally, yet were all emotionally disturbed by this event
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2004-12-10, 01:21
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
isnt that the wierdest thing? none of us knew him personally, yet were all emotionally disturbed by this event

Yeah.
I cant really think straight. Its all just too fresh in my mind.

Old 2004-12-10, 01:21
guitar_demon
MotörCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendkill
You know what i find comforting? We're all discussing this, and feeling this together.
My gf cried when she heard. But she's not as hardcore fan as i once was. We felt bad together, but i cope differently.
Here in "this green hole", I can just be. let it out.

yea, it is good, noone else i know (excpet 2 people) know him its also comforting that we have this social expectinsy(sp) to be these hard fuckers that never smile or laugh or feel pain and here we are pouring our hearts out

Old 2004-12-10, 01:23
Trendkill 420
Senior Metalhead

yeah man.

R.I.P

Dime

Old 2004-12-10, 01:28
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

The green hole really is a healing helper for me at times like now.

Old 2004-12-10, 01:30
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
The green hole really is a healing helper for me at times like now.

Yeah, its made me fell a bit better.

Old 2004-12-10, 02:39
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

I was supposed to work today but I couldn't think about much else all day long. Didn't get shit done. It was the first thing I read in the news and that set the tone for the whole day. I certainly am feeling all fucked up. Would like to see more peoples stories about Dimebag, or how / when they first heard him play, or favorite songs. Stuff like that. My $.02 anyway.

Old 2004-12-10, 02:49
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

DUDE, this is so fucked up. I heard about the news last night right on this forum and I was in complete disbelief. I have never been the biggest Pantera or Damage Plan fan, but I have to admit Dimebag's style and sound is awesome. It just really sucks cuz I guess no one was really expecting something like this so suddenly.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Old 2004-12-10, 03:42
darkexodite
New Blood

I woke up today oblivious to all of this cause I whent to bed way too early, feeling sick. When I woke up I just threw my Pantera shirt on and then turned on the news.... I was in soooooo much shock, still am. It's just so unreal that a legend like him just died, killed by some infidel.

It's good to see that other fans, Pantera, Damage Plan, no matter which fans, all comming around and paying their tributes to Dimebag.

His music will live on, and will be remembered by all.

And this is not just another "awwwww rip Dime" post, I was seriously moved by the news.

Old 2004-12-10, 03:46
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

I remember where I was when I first heard the dreadful news.

I had just awoken from slumber.

I walk into the living room, and on the news was the running story about Dimebag's untimely death.

I was speechless at that point. Later on, when it really sunk in, that he was truly gone, it was then that I cried. I just could'nt contain it. At this very moment I'm starting to tear up again.

Old 2004-12-10, 03:56
sirejones
New Blood

You know, I honestly took Pantera for granted for years. Pantera was one of the first bands I really got into and I remember my dad got me Far Beyond Driven as a reward for a good report card when I was 13 or so. I was really really into it at the time, and I still know every howl, riff and fill on that record. Sure I still loved Pantera, and my high school band used to cover 5 Minutes Alone, but I somehow lost interest over the past five years. I suppose in some ways I took Dime's prodigous talent as assumed, and neglected my interest in it.
I spun Vulgar Display today for the first time in five years and it knocked me over on my fuckin' ass. Fuck, it's such a cliche, but you really don't know what you've got until it's gone.
I never would have picked up a guitar were it not for Dime.
I'm new to this, but it's great to see that out of this horrible nonsense we can come together as fans and mourn the loss of legend.

Old 2004-12-10, 04:08
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Dimebag fueled mine and my brothers desire to play and create metal. He has, by far, the most influence in mine and my brothers guitar playing. He has defined so much. His sound so unique so definite so creative. Such a talented musician... wasted at the blink of an eye. I still can't grip that he's actually gone. This is the day.... the music died.

RIP Dimebag

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2004-12-10, 04:12
Sam Hudson
Senior Metalhead

Unhappy

fucking sucks,Dime doesn't deserve to die,he shouldn't have died and no noe was ready for it.Vinnie Paul must feel fucking horrible and Fuck that Dead guy who is a worthless piece of shit human that doesn't respect human life just because he doesn't know dime.
I still can't believe it,just hard to take since I can't picture Dimebag dying,he seems like he could take 45 bullets and laugh about it....

Killer,intruder,homicidal man

Old 2004-12-10, 04:19
SmotPoker
Senior Metalhead

Its really nerve wracking that we'll probably never know why that guy killed him.

Old 2004-12-10, 04:25
IZOMBIE
New Blood

I cried today, can't remember the last time that happened...I never met the guy, but I feel a huge hole in my heart. He is the man that made me want to play guitar...you could hear his tone coming a mile away. I've listened to every Pantera cd I own today. Still can't believe he's gone..........

Keep the Blacktooths coming........

Old 2004-12-10, 04:30
sirejones
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmotPoker
Its really nerve wracking that we'll probably never know why that guy killed him.

There has been some speculation in the press, both mainstream and otherwise. Some witnesses have suggested that Gale accused Dimebag of splitting up Pantera, and after destroying Dime went after Vinnie. Vinnie, of course survived.

Apparently Gale was a football player who used to get pumped up to Pantera before games. He supposedly had a really short temper, and after some arguement at a local tattoo parlor, he just went ape.

You ask me, Gale was probably a very sad and sick individual, and although I'm reluctant to be sympathetic, he had to have a lot of problems well beyond his control for him to snap like that.

It's just a complete fucking shame, through and through. A microcosm of the human trainwreck.

Old 2004-12-10, 05:02
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Today has just sucked..

Me and some friends went to pick up some booze and get some wendy's and my friend car died right in wendy's parking lot..

The radio still work so we just played cowboys from hell, drank and cried.

Ive known these guys for 10+ years and i've never seen them cry.

Im still in complete disbelief and keep thinking when im gonna wake up from this horrible nightmare.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-12-10, 05:04
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS

Im still in complete disbelief and keep thinking when im gonna wake up from this horrible nightmare.

same

Old 2004-12-10, 05:09
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Would any of you be this upset if your parents died? I just cannot understand how you can take this so personally. It's been said already, you never met him, but you still are so torn up. That's just a little weird to be acting like this. Man, it's like they topped Jesus all over again. Man, can't wait to see the next big metal guy die, and then for all the threads to follow.

Looking at all your signatures today, it was like you were all trying to outdo each other. RIP Dimes. RIP Dimebag Darrell. Then shit like this:
"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)

Abbott was murdered on stage on December 8, 2004, the 24th anniversary of John Lennon's murder.

RIP Dimebag.... Inspiring Many To Breathe Metal Guitar!

You have all mourned, but you gotta get over this eventually guys. It's like time stands still, nothing happens but these threads. I'm gonna get flamed for this I'm sure, but I felt it had to be said.

Yes, it is bad that he died. It's bad that the metal world lost a great guitarist. But people die everyday. People get shot everyday. Death is a fact.

C'mon guys, lighten up. Treat it as a fresh start or something, inspiration. Negative to positive.

Old 2004-12-10, 05:12
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Infinity im gonna say this nice..

Fuck Off

Thanks

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-12-10, 05:16
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

Infinity, dime was like an older brother to us, he was there in record form to help us thru the bad times, and we looked up to him, and if it was not for him metal would be a heaping crap of cow dung if it survived the 90's grunge, and hip hop crap. Pantera kept the metal flag up high, and pillaged the world, so take that sand in your cunt and wash it out of there, we dont your bullshit today, or ever.

Old 2004-12-10, 06:12
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

God dammit infinity. I was thought you were cool...and you wanna say something like this. I guess you aren't old enough to understand. Maybe or maybe not you have never lost a loved one, but Dime is like a brother to us. Everyone on this forum speaking highly of him is probably doing that for one or two reasons:

1: He is the reason we picked up the guitar in the first place.

2: He has inspired us in more ways than describable.

As fucked as it may be, I feel more loss for Dime than I would for some of my own family members. Dime has given us so much time and effort put into his own instrument...it is just more than words can describe.

You need to REALLY understand the value of life before you say something like that man...seriously!!!

We as human beings are not immortal gods that we think we are....all it takes is some Asshole to ruin it. Please bro, I am telling you....you need to grow up and feel the vibe before you ruin yourself over this....

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2004-12-10, 06:21
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Ruin myself? Oh no, Metaltabs hates me? Man, I thought you were cool until you started saying shit like "Oh that's not a threat, Im a marine in the army [navy,whatever] and i have to kill sworn enemies bla bla bla"

Man, what you say there is pretty fucked up, you care more about someone you never met than your own family. Fuck man.

BRAIN - WASHED.

Old 2004-12-10, 06:27
collyersgirl
Metalhead

i have to agree with all of you guys,
of course you can be upset and all
just dont take it too far. itll just cause more depressions.
i agree slightly with infinity. you didnt really know him.
i know that he touched your hearts and all but just dont over react
you can have ya moment of silence but just think, dimebag died where he loved it most. he was happy when he died. so you should all be happy he died doing what he loved.

Last edited by collyersgirl : 2004-12-10 at 06:29.

Old 2004-12-10, 06:49
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Alright Infinity, don't go barking up the wrong tree here man. Just because I am in the army doesn't mean you have to quite me on some shit I said earlier. What does it matter if I am trained to kill anyway??? That is totally irrelavant to this.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Dime is one of the biggest reasons I picked up the fucking guitar!!!! I still remember blowing the fuck out of my stereo from plugging my very first guitar into it...and still playing any way!!!!!

The few of you that don't want to show compassion on this forum shows where you stand, thats all I'm gonna leave it at.

Metaltabs doesn't hate you Infinity, it sucks when someone that has been here longer than me has to say something like that though. Oh Collyersgirl, we aren't taking this too far....but this all must be done.

I am sure Dime would want us to NOT grieve over this...and he would want us to party....but that is impossible!!!! alright.....I'm too drunk to keep going on about this.

Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
May the best cunt win.

Old 2004-12-10, 06:49
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Quote:
1: He is the reason we picked up the guitar in the first place.

2: He has inspired us in more ways than describable.

Man... I couldn't of said it better.

I look at it like this. This is a place for all of us who appreciate dimebag to mourn and cope. It makes sense why many have joined the forum because of this. They are so inspired by dimebag and are just so saddened by this they come here to "bond" with the saddness of others for .... relief. I think this is natural. He deserves this.....

Old 2004-12-10, 06:51
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Whatever man, Im finished in this thread anyway. Catcha.

Old 2004-12-10, 06:59
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Give it a day, Infinity. Time's been standing still for a day. People will move on, unless you keep rubbing their face in it. This blindsided us in a way other metal deaths haven't; it takes a little while to get over the shock and get to mourning, and then to getting over that. A lot of the people here have only known for a few hours. Give it some time and everyone will shut up about it, change their sigs back to stupid in-jokes, and get on with their lives. Or bitch about it for no good reason.

Old 2004-12-10, 07:05
JacksonMan007
Senior Metalhead

\M/

Old 2004-12-10, 07:23
IcedSyrus102
New Blood

i cant get over this its all happening so fast last night i was at gwar and dieing featus (kick ass show) but at the end of the show gwar took off their costumes and told us what happen and thay dedicated their last song to them and even dieing featus were all upset about this so dont feel like a pussy for taking this all hard because even badasses like them feel sad to have lost one of the greatest guitar lengends of all time and its this thread that shows respect for him and the great things he did so keep the posts coming

Old 2004-12-10, 07:34
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

my view, he was a fucking fantastic guitarist, i'm sad he gone because he inspired so many people myself included, died doing what he loved yadda yadda. i dont care about my honeybun (and collyersgirl ) saying their views. as phil anselmo even said, "you can't please all the people all of the time."

it's DEAD's view that shit's me off, that he deserved to die because of one bad record.

Old 2004-12-10, 09:18
northerndragon
Senior Metalhead

I cant stand this shit. Dimebag was an amazing musician, anyone who dosent care can get shot themself, and see how many people DONT CARE.

Dimebag was a legend, not because hes dead now. He was always a legend. he will be missed. I heard vinnie isnt dead, I hope he isnt. But if he is i feel just as bad about that as Dimebag

nřrthern dragon

Old 2004-12-10, 09:20
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

think about the people that also died, one guy died shielding dime's body, I think it was a fan even, thats sacrifice, the guy is a fucking hero.

I'm glad the cops actually do their jobs there, over here the guy would have been arrested after killing 5 more and he'de get 6 years in prison or something like that (with good behavior) and he'de get set free again. Fuck that.

Old 2004-12-10, 09:23
northerndragon
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
think about the people that also died, one guy died shielding dime's body, I think it was a fan even, thats sacrifice, the guy is a fucking hero.

I'm glad the cops actually do their jobs there, over here the guy would have been arrested after killing 5 more and he'de get 6 years in prison or something like that (with good behavior) and he'de get set free again. Fuck that.

I agree. I really hope going to concerts dosent end up like trying to get on an airplane nowadays.

nřrthern dragon

Old 2004-12-10, 09:56
cheech
New Blood

cant belive how dumb and childish some ppl really are one of the greatest guitarists on the planet has just been slayed in front of his fans and ppl are sayin oh i didnt really like him and he deserved it WTF are you QF;s on where are you record sales and world tours DEAD in you wet dreams ..he will be missed by bigger and better players than you with real careers ..dosent matter if you didnt like him his the one with the guitar world colum and the army of fans... it is a truly sad to have lost one of the pioneers of metal and such a big influence on so many players Dime is a true ledgend now and his music will live for eva in our stereo's and computers... oh btw iam am a hardcore fan and am very distressed that my hero has been murdered by some sic f##k with serious head problems ..
anyways respects to his family and friends and the familys and friends of the other victims in this truly unbeliveable messs..
cheers to all you true fans of guitar work
SIP
shredd in peace Dime gone but never ever forgotten

Old 2004-12-10, 14:43
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

One of the most morbid things about this is that the guy who did it was also a fan. One of those who really did take it too far and too personally. The mourning here is out of love of a talented musician. I'm sure there are a few here who got some inspiration from the soul of the music. Whose thoughts and skills were challenged as well as musically shaped by a 'brotherly' influence. They worked out pieces of their own lives or kept their shit together and focused on music when they might have felt like beating the crap out of someone. They put their emotion into metal.
And some people don't have families that understand the music or even give a shit about music. So yeah, I can see how folks would feel close to him.
Mourning someone family or otherwise takes time. There's a lot of shock involved and questions as to why the shooter was that mentally unstable to do something like this. We may or may not ever know that.

There was a lot of people worldwide that cried and felt pain when the twin towers were hit even though they didn't know the people themselves. And unity was formed in New York City that was incredible.

Maybe some of the ones who could care less just don't feel compassion the way some of the rest of us feel. I suppose I'd feel similar to them over sports people cuz they just aren't my bag. It might be sad if they were well-loved, but I wouldn't feel the same as with a well-loved musician.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2004-12-10, 14:58
BEHEMOTH
Senior Metalhead

Thumbs up

You can love him or hate him but the true is that he had an impresionant talent.
If you like metal you MUSt agree his guitar playing skills and attittude.
RIP

Old 2004-12-10, 17:03
ihave27frets
Senior Metalhead

I was never really into Pantera but you would have to be an idiot to not realize how talented he was. He actually had a STYLE to his playing, there arent many guitarists that ever get to that point where they have thier own unique sound.

Old 2004-12-10, 17:54
DEAD
Post-whore

Read my fucking post you idiots, I never said he deserved to die. My point was that I payed him to entertain me, and he did it, but of late he really sucked at his job, and I'm not going to miss anything he would have done musicly in the future.
Comforting silence

Old 2004-12-10, 17:55
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Are you trying to make enemies or what? You fucking ass...

Old 2004-12-10, 18:00
DEAD
Post-whore

Well when people are consitantly twisting my words around, maybe calling them an idiot would bring thier attention to go look at what I posted
Comforting silence

Old 2004-12-10, 18:03
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
My point was that I payed him to entertain me, and he did it, but of late he really sucked at his job, and I'm not going to miss anything he would have done musicly in the future.

I'm saying that that statement is just not the smartest thing to say right now, even if it is true.

Old 2004-12-10, 18:43
IcedSyrus102
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
Well when people are consitantly twisting my words around, maybe calling them an idiot would bring thier attention to go look at what I posted

that is fucked up cause you dont know what he was getting ready to do and their was a rumor going around that pantera was going to get back together and that would of been awesome so dont diss on the dead cause that shit is fucked up and you know you loved dime so show some respect

Old 2004-12-10, 19:08
ManOwaR
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def

yea, that would've happened here too.

Old 2004-12-10, 19:14
Blizzard Beast
Senior Metalhead

I have been trying to gather my thoughts and think of what I want to say. I agree there are some pointless posters on here. You know who you are. I wasnt the biggest Pantera fan but Dimebag was one of my favorite guitar players. PST hit the nail on the head with his comments. I am upset that Dimebag is gone but that is not the only reason I am upset. This hits to close to home for my comfort. Out of all of the shows I have been to, I have only been searched twice. Thats pretty fucking shitty. The thought that anyone can enter with a firearm makes me want to avoid shows.

Even if you don't admire Pantera Damage Plan or Dimebag; I am amazed by the fact that some of you are not in shock. Dimebag never did anything to hurt anyone. It is a senseless tradgedy that will forever be felt by the heavy metal community.

I am glad we can all come together and get throught this together. Also I am on a strict diet of Pantera and blacktooth grins this weekend. I can't play like Dime but I will sure as hell try to drink like him. Cheers!

R.I.P 1966-2004 You will not be forgotten.

Old 2004-12-10, 19:17
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

^^^ This is exactly what disturbs me about the whole episode.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2004-12-10, 19:36
Bo-Dom
New Blood

Geez, im listening to Pantera now, its so sad this talent that i am listening to is gone

'Im Broken' - Great song...

~ Death Upon Us ~

R.I.P Dimebag - You'll always be missed

Old 2004-12-10, 19:41
hiimjosh
New Blood

He died the right way, doing what he loved.

Old 2004-12-10, 19:43
BlackRoseImmortal
Senior Metalhead

Dimebag influenced me to pick up a guitar. He influenced me as I grew up, and to date I am still amazed at his work. He is an idol to me, and to hear of one of my heros dying in such a tragic way definitely brings tears to my eyes.

Old 2004-12-10, 19:50
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard Beast
I am glad we can all come together and get throught this together. Also I am on a strict diet of Pantera and blacktooth grins this weekend. I can't play like Dime but I will sure as hell try to drink like him. Cheers!

R.I.P 1966-2004 You will not be forgotten.

I hear that bro

Today is the day I will make my peace with the whole event and hopefully feel some closure. I thought a lot this morning and I think Dime's death disturbed me not because I knew him personally, but because I know him through his music. His playing was apart of himself and I am very close to that music and therefore know a part of Dime via his music. Him being murdered is like murdering the music he made that I love and that music is apart of what makes me Soulinsane. That is why I think I feel upset about his death. His music has moved me many times in my life. The first metal concert I ever went to was a White Zombie/Pantera show. To think that someone has killed the person that helped give me that kickass experience makes me hurt.

I also feel sad for the others who where killed. Def mentioned one of them was a fan trying to shield dime. That person is a true hero in my eyes too. This dude deserves the Greatest Fan of all Time award. I'm sure that if there is an after life Dime has given thanks to him or her and beat the after life out of who killed them. My prayers go to the families who must live without them now.

Metal concerts are changed forever now. I've seen some crazy folk at some shows but never was I worried that someone would pull a gun. I hope this doesn't destroy the trust between the bands and the fans, because that would be a great lose.

Anyway, cheers to dime and all the great music he has given us I hope Dime gets Metaltabs in Heaven. Thanks Dime

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2004-12-10 at 19:53.

Old 2004-12-10, 20:00
Morbid+Roach
Senior Metalhead

What kind of a fucking dickhead would do something like walk up on stage and kill a great guitarist. I have never been a fan of Pantera, but this does blow. He was, however, my rythm guitarist's favorite guitarist, and he is really bummed out.

I guess I would feel the same way if it was Trey Azagthoth, right?

Goodbye Dime,
You went out the good way, on your feet doing what you enjoyed. May the Elders Ones and every one of your fans remember your name as you pass and even forevermore.
Zi Dingir Kia Kanpa!
Zi Dingir Ana Kanpa!

R.I.P. Dimebag

Zamanu Muh Lal-Li Zi-Pa-Gurud-Zuneme-E
Igi-Nu Do-A-Hul Igi-Se-Zid-Gin

SAVIOUR TO NONE

Last edited by Morbid+Roach : 2004-12-10 at 20:09.

Old 2004-12-10, 20:23
guitar_demon
MotörCat

Quote:
IMetal concerts are changed forever now. I've seen some crazy folk at some shows but never was I worried that someone would pull a gun.

i hear ya man, i have seen some crazy fuckers and im sure some saw me as a crazy basterd but i knew it was all in the moment and fun and was never scared for anything...dont know if it will be like that again

Quote:
Anyway, cheers to dime and all the great music he has given us I hope Dime gets Metaltabs in Heaven. Thanks Dime

even if he doesnt he knows were missing him, its not even possable to imagine how many blunts, beers,whisky were somked and drank for him. ( i know i went outside drank half and left the rest in his memory) and the countless radios and amps that were blasting pantera, mine was on full blast, hell my amp is now taking a lil break from blasting pantera.
just now playing im broken, the art of shredding CFH, i have never felt so alive and energised it wierd yet cool. i think i finally have closure now

Old 2004-12-10, 23:32
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Metaltabs

Ok, so I signed up on this forum yesterday as a way to pay homage to Dimebag and connect with others who were feeling fucked up over it too. Now I've had some time to surf around and there are some sick-ass tabs on this site! Metaltabs is the bomb. So, in a way, yet again it's through Dimebag that I get led to something so fucking cool. Awesome site people.

Old 2004-12-11, 00:08
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Enjoy your stay man!

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-12-11, 02:27
TheWarWithin300
New Blood

It totally sucked when I heard about this situation.I really thought I was about to cry...Dime is definetely one of,if not,my favorite guitarists ever.RIP dude,RIP

Old 2004-12-11, 04:38
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

I'm not sure who all knows but...

MTV Saturaday Night 10 EST (not sure maybe CST) Headbangers Ball Special Tribute to Dimebag Darrell hosted by Dave Mustaine. I also heard interviews from Zakk Wylde, Scott Ian, Ozzy, and others? Also next issue of Guitar World Special Edition Tribute To Dimebag.

Old 2004-12-11, 08:14
Satans Obituary
Senior Metalhead

Last edited by Satans Obituary : 2004-12-11 at 08:22.

Old 2004-12-11, 09:50
Laareppi
Senior Metalhead

This is unbelievable. Its been two days now and still it shuts me up.
I just don't get it how a thing like that can really happen, just like that!
And especially to Dime. I think he was one of the most influental metal guitarists ever, not to mention a hellofa guitarist. I will miss him so much.
I know, I never saw him live, nor that he's not from my country but this mindless tragedy still manages to shock me. Just thinking that one of my alltime idols is fucking DEAD!!! Just because one ex-pantera fan asshole got pissed. Fuck it wasn't even Dimes fault, the other two Pantera members just left one day and never came back, didn't answer phone calls etc. Well what the fuck was Dime and Vinnie supposed to do then, retire from the music business? Hell no, start another metal band. So basicly Dime got killed because he didn't want to quit. He just wanted to do what he loved most. And what we loved most.

Not only this sucks personally, but I seriously wonder what Americans will do now, in order to prevent this shit. This tragedy has the same effect as 9/11, only in a smaller scale. Because of 9/11, aircraft restrictions shot through the roof worldwide. I wonder what's next...

He fucking died with a guitar in his hand. Talk about respectful dying...
Can you guys think of a better way to go?

All my respect to Darrell.
There won't be another Dime!

Last edited by Laareppi : 2004-12-11 at 10:05.

Old 2004-12-11, 15:44
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:

Quote:
May the best cunt win.

Old 2004-12-11, 19:12
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

even you dudes like dead that claim he doesnt affect you.... he did and still does... if you like metal, or metal influenced music, chances are you like somebody who was greatly influenced by dime.
just some food for thought for anybody about to bad talk him...

i've never been a superfan of pantera or damage plan... but it doesnt change the fact that he was an awesome guitarist, and he made his share of amazing and shitty music...
i must say he's probably one of the least rockstar-like rockstars ever... one down ass dude. him and the rest of those fuckers did not deserve to die.

and to clear things up, vinnie is fine... not dead, not even shot. just really bummed about his bro. which is probably just as bad.

Old 2004-12-11, 20:28
briyo2289
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie_gravy
I'm not sure who all knows but...

MTV Saturaday Night 10 EST (not sure maybe CST) Headbangers Ball Special Tribute to Dimebag Darrell hosted by Dave Mustaine. I also heard interviews from Zakk Wylde, Scott Ian, Ozzy, and others? Also next issue of Guitar World Special Edition Tribute To Dimebag.

is that gonna be on MTV2 or are they gonna put it on normal MTV?

"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light guage if I'm gonna thrash." - Master Shake

Death, Megadeth, Testament, Ozzy, Exodus, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Annihilator, Pantera, GWAR, Symphony X, Iced Earth, Anthrax, Bodom, Cannibal Corpse, Kreator, Hammerfall, Nevermore.

RIP DimeBag
RIP Syd Barrett

Old 2004-12-11, 21:36
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Correction....

For much more on Dimebag Darrell's life, music and influence, tune in to a special edition of "Headbangers Ball" premiering Saturday night at 10 p.m. ET on MTV2.

Ozzy, Dave Mustaine, Jonathan Davis Remember Dimebag:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/14...amageplan.jhtml

Old 2004-12-12, 04:22
JacksonMan007
Senior Metalhead

Y'all should shut the fuck up and just slam your fists in the air!

\M/

Old 2004-12-12, 05:14
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

Last band meeting, we basically just hung out and felt bummed. We tried to write, and got some stuff done, but by the end we were playing a LOT of Pantera covers. We also observed a moment of silence. Love ya Dime. Meet you in Heavan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Everything is funny you just gotta look at it the right way.

Quote:
You know I believe in a ruling class, particuarly since I rule.

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2004-12-12, 13:51
fatdanny
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearFrost
MAn shit on ebay is high, dimes are $$$, i was luck to get my 2 when i did.

It's a shame that people can just cash in when someone famous dies. Dime was great. It's a real shame he died. I like panteras first 4 albums alot. I think xdislexicx hit the nail on the head in the middle paragraph.

Last edited by fatdanny : 2004-12-12 at 13:56.

Old 2004-12-12, 16:52
panzer-god
New Blood

I was truly paralyzed by this when i first heard it, still am.. We can only hope for the best in the future.. R.I.P. man, and deepest of respect for beeing a legend and a fantastic person...

Dimebag Darrel lives forever!

Old 2004-12-12, 18:01
Mave Dustaine
New Blood

dime's a fucking god where ever he goes

^^^^^
| __ __ |
(| |)
( )===( )
\_#_/
|__|

R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL
R.I.P. LAYNE STALEY
]

Old 2004-12-14, 06:53
DamageFan6984
Senior Metalhead

That completely ruined my day off. It must be pretty hard on his family, especially Vinnie having watched him die and everything. Gonna miss you "DIME".

"Dominate and take the motherfucking world"
R.I.P.
DIMEBAG

Last edited by DamageFan6984 : 2004-12-14 at 06:57.

Old 2004-12-14, 10:33
Dimebonics
New Blood

Hey Fellow Shreders! I'm new here, and I know you've had your fair share of R.I.P Dimebag messages but he was the legend of all legends to me and it's something i have to do... REST IN FUCKING PEACE DIME! SHOW 'EM HOT TO SHRED ON THE OTHER SIDE! Im blastin my ears with DOMINATION right now!

R.I.P Dime

Old 2004-12-16, 00:05
Morbid+Roach
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimebonics
Hey Fellow Shreders! I'm new here, and I know you've had your fair share of R.I.P Dimebag messages but he was the legend of all legends to me and it's something i have to do... REST IN FUCKING PEACE DIME! SHOW 'EM HOT TO SHRED ON THE OTHER SIDE! Im blastin my ears with DOMINATION right now!

R.I.P Dime
Dude, shut the fuck up...

SAVIOUR TO NONE

Old 2004-12-16, 04:34
RIPDime
Senior Metalhead

Some Info from the Memorial...

Found this article that tells a bit about the memorial service...

http://www.ohionewsnetwork.com/Glob...77&nav=LQlCUFjg
Listen motherfucker, I'm into purity! When I say purity I mean the real deal...we all listen to music and borrow from each other and that's what keeps it cool, but I'm into one-hundred percent ass whippin'. ~Dimebag

Old 2004-12-17, 23:10
Morbid+Roach
Senior Metalhead

This is the guy who shot Mr. Abbott...he even looks like a faggot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1477933-538529.jpg (18.4 KB, 166 views)

SAVIOUR TO NONE

Old 2004-12-18, 09:58
cheech
New Blood

just in case some ppl havent been there yet here are to nice sites with tributes to the man the legendary Dimebag .......the first one has a little tribute vid you can download http://www.deanguitars.com/dimebag_pressrelease.htm

and these are some words from some of the biggest rockers around

http://www.damageplan.com/

R.I.P. Dime

Old 2004-12-18, 13:14
rapeandruin
Post-whore

Sucks he died but doesn't effect me much.

Old 2004-12-18, 18:29
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeandruin
Sucks he died but doesn't effect me much.

Its affects everyone... concerts will never be the same.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-12-18, 18:32
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Very true, but at least nu-metal idiots will never again be able to cover themselves head-to-toe in those oversized wallet chains.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2004-12-21, 03:49
team_sleeping_pill
New Blood

Old 2004-12-21, 06:45
rapeandruin
Post-whore

good report team_sleeping_pill

Old 2005-01-20, 03:44
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Hey, have you guys seen the new Guitar World? Its got a couple of great Dime pictures in their....one of him when he was a 17 year old twig....lol. Anyway, I was flipping through and playing the tablature for Cemetery Gates through my mind....and I actually got tears to my eyes again........this is still so sad for me.

Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:

Quote:
May the best cunt win.

Old 2005-01-20, 06:13
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla666
Hey, have you guys seen the new Guitar World? Its got a couple of great Dime pictures in their....one of him when he was a 17 year old twig....lol. Anyway, I was flipping through and playing the tablature for Cemetery Gates through my mind....and I actually got tears to my eyes again........this is still so sad for me.

yea i got that issue, that whole article in there is really badass, and how most of the advertisments talk about dime, and the whole bit about his funeral and how he was burried with a bottle of corwn and 2 cokes and eddies guitar.

Old 2005-01-20, 07:50
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Ill admit i never liked pantera as a band... But i loved their guitaring. DEAD - you are a "rotten cunt", you talk about a dead person like they dont matter because you didnt like the band they were in. Thats fucked man, if a person's life is worth shit to you, maybe you should hang yourself. A man is dead, and he died in the most unfortunate and fucked up fashion, not only was he just a man, he entertained and was idolised by hundreds of thousands of people around the world. A pretty special life not to give a fuck about when its lost...

I dont know the guy and i had no idea who he was, im just discusted that you think a person should be taken out of existance by being shot by some fuckwit who wants some publicity - because they stopped making music YOU liked. You are an ignorant self-centered shit, i hope karma has the better of you.

RIP Dime

Old 2005-01-20, 08:22
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Hey Opeth, shut the fuck up you faggot.

Old 2005-01-20, 17:07
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Hey Opeth, shut the fuck up you faggot.

?

Old 2005-01-20, 17:32
KthalEhthrek
Senior Metalhead

Wow.

My father and I have been playing Cemetary Gates on the Piano non-stop since we heard about that day man.

Too sad a year last year for metal, we lost Quorthon and Dimebag.

Death "A Moment of Clarity"

Check out my band if you like \m/

Old 2005-01-20, 17:34
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Got the issue in the mail yesterday. Very sad, but very respectful of all the sponsers and editors to give tribute to him like he deserves. I believe there is also a Guitar World's Guitar Legends coming out in Feb 05 in tribute to him as well.

Old 2005-01-20, 19:31
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Wow infinity, yeah im a faggot alright if you ever want a beating in the ass like your ol' man used to pay you out, just call me dude.

Im not too sure why i got that thrown at me...

Old 2005-01-20, 19:51
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan
Wow infinity, yeah im a faggot alright if you ever want a beating in the ass like your ol' man used to pay you out, just call me dude.

lol.... internet threats always make me giggle

Old 2005-01-20, 19:52
ManOwaR
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan

neither am I

Old 2005-01-20, 21:53
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Infinity im gonna say this nice..

Fuck Off

Thanks

Need me to read that to you?

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-01-20, 23:31
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

What are you gonna do BLS?

Old 2005-01-20, 23:37
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

kick your fucking ass, then make me ban you?

Old 2005-01-20, 23:45
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Ban me for what?

Old 2005-01-20, 23:49
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

for anything I want?

on a more serious note, I don't think a thread about dime's death should be used to start a fucking argument about fucking nothing.

Old 2005-01-20, 23:59
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Whatever. I'll stop if BLS does.

Old 2005-01-21, 00:40
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

First off, Infinity you need to chill out with this shit man. You shouldn't be jumping on Dead's bandwagon....even if it is your opinion. Keep it to yourself on this subject. Dime's death meant a lot to all of us that CARE. Opethfan was saying what should have been said, along with BLS. It may not be a big deal to you, but rockstars die, they don't always get fucking murdured over some bullshit though man!!!! Dime is one of the biggest reasons I ever picked and had the desire to play guitar.

Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:

Quote:
May the best cunt win.

Old 2005-01-21, 00:51
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla666
First off, Infinity you need to chill out with this shit man. You shouldn't be jumping on Dead's bandwagon....even if it is your opinion. Keep it to yourself on this subject. Dime's death meant a lot to all of us that CARE. Opethfan was saying what should have been said, along with BLS. It may not be a big deal to you, but rockstars die, they don't always get fucking murdured over some bullshit though man!!!! Dime is one of the biggest reasons I ever picked and had the desire to play guitar.

well said

Old 2005-01-21, 01:36
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Thousands of people die every day. Because one of them played guitar well, that makes him better than anyone else? That is just gay. Many of you said that his death mattered more to you than any sibling's. Thats gay too.

This is just the crucifixion all over again.