MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2004-10-15, 17:45
BOSE
Senior Metalhead

SUICIDE

The most insane thing is happening to me at work right now. Here's the scoop: Behind my work there is a scaffolding that is attatched to the building that blows sawdust into a garbage and last night some guy who works in the building next to me fucking hung himself off the scaffolding, I just went out to smoke a cigarette and there he was HOLY FUCKING SHIT let me tell you that is one hell of a way to start a day. Now there are like 5 fire trucks, and seriously 25 cop cars they wont let anyone back in the area so I can't do my work and that was where I smoke weed during work and now I can't do that either.

Just had to tell someone cause this is crazy. Sorry for the big run-on sentence.

Old 2004-10-15, 17:49
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

that sucks... but it seems like you're taking it allright, most people would fucking freak out, which is totally understandable.

people killing themselves, I think its the most easy way out in most cases, but hell it still sucks, especially if you get confronted with it.

Well, I'de say, chill out, drink a beer and tell yourself that shit actually happens, it's crazy shit, but it happens a lot, over here people seem to jump in front of trains a lot, and I can tell you that its a fucking mess when it happens.

Old 2004-10-15, 18:28
BOSE
Senior Metalhead

I can only imagine that mess train VS. human wouldn't be pretty.

Yeah it's just the craziest thing ever go to have your morning smoke before you start working and hey what the fuck someone is hanging then you have to talk to the cops and shit quite the way to start a day not a good one either...it's just sad really.

Old 2004-10-15, 18:41
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Man that must be kinda upsetting. I remember the first time I saw a dead person was a priest at his funeral when I was about 7...needless to say I had to sleep in my parents bed because I thought dead people were comming to get me when I closed my eyes....it was an open casket funeral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2004-10-15, 19:46
metalpro
Senior Metalhead

holy fuck id seriously be fucked up if i saw that shit. god damn...

scream when u feel the pain. i probly wont stop.

Old 2004-10-15, 20:32
Transient
HES BAAACK

hey man relax and try to forget about it. sorry you had to see that

Old 2004-10-15, 20:39
BOSE
Senior Metalhead

Thanks, I can't stop thinking about the guys face...that's gonna haunt me tonight.

crazy shit.

Old 2004-10-15, 20:47
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I've never been to a funeral let alone ever seen a dead body before. I can't decide what I would have done; whether it is freak out, or vomit, or stare at it until my eyes water.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2004-10-15, 20:53
G_urr_A
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
I think its the most easy way out in most cases

Yeah, that's what "keeps me alive" when I feel "bad" sometimes. The fact that I'm supposed to be a human, and as a human I'm supposed to like challenges. Thus, I'll try to take a more difficult way out. Plus, I think solving problems is better than creating them, and that you should solve any mess you may have created. Whatever, this isn't my thread...

Old 2004-10-15, 21:55
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Holy shit.

Awesome.

Old 2004-10-15, 21:57
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Sad. I've seen one of my friends get run over by a car (resulting in death), it isn't nice seeing things like that. It isn't easy to forget.

Old 2004-10-15, 22:25
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Thats some crazy shit.

Old 2004-10-15, 22:56
ManOwaR
Post-whore

my friend got in a car exident this morning he isn't in lifthreatning danger anymore but it still really sucks. He had to be in one of those sleeping machines for a while and he was unconsious when he was brought to the hospital.
Also a friend of two of my friends of mine got in a car accident and died to weeks ago I didn't see it and it wasn't suicite or anything but it still felt appropriate to say it in this thread

Old 2004-10-15, 23:03
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Seeing that will make you think more about life and living. I'm sorry you had to find him like that, but in time you will feel better and maybe understand it more too. You have us to talk with as and I'm sure many of us can share our feelings of seeing death with you. Something about being the first to finding a person died seems surreal. It's like it doesn't bug you at first but later you just feel bad for the dude. I hope he didn't suffer. Rest his soul.

Old 2004-10-15, 23:16
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_urr_A
Yeah, that's what "keeps me alive" when I feel "bad" sometimes. The fact that I'm supposed to be a human, and as a human I'm supposed to like challenges. Thus, I'll try to take a more difficult way out. Plus, I think solving problems is better than creating them, and that you should solve any mess you may have created. Whatever, this isn't my thread...

exactly, but anyways, having to find someone like that must be a real mindfuck, I guess you can talk about it with close friends and stuff if you need to.

I've seen 3 dead people in my whole life, first one was my granddad when I was a kid, and I still remember it like yesterday, the other was on a funeral and the last was a person (don't know if it was a male or female) that jumped in front of the train I allways take to Utrecht to go to university, god that last one sucked. its weird because you don't 'want' to look but out of curiosity you just do, but even if its for a second, you wish you hadn't. kinda like those beheading videos, that shit is sick.

Soul is right, it will make your mind go crazy and think about shit you don't usually think about. I'm not a full-time christian or anything, but I guess the guy is in a better place right now, or wherever he wanted to be, you don't hang yourself for nothing....

Old 2004-10-15, 23:16
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

BOSE, it was the dude's choice to end it, so it's not your fault and you shouldn't suffer. As for not thinking about it, it's cool to think about it unless you force yourself to think about it and think that you somehow should or have to think about it. As a kid I've seen a few dead bodies, car accident victims and open casket funerals and a dead body never creeped me out. It's dead, woohoo. So is the steak on my plate.However, I wasn't a very nice kid, so that can be explained.

Suicide is an easy way out, but sometimes one just doesn't think. I was about to cut my wrists up on one very stupid occasion and the only thing that stopped me was the fact that I would have to walk out of the shower, get my knife and come back into the shower. I was too lazy. On the same night someone else's knife was too blunt to do anything If I was ever faced with suicide I porbably wouldn't go through with it because it's a. Too much of a bother b. it hurts.

Old 2004-10-16, 00:47
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

You should have ate his corpse.

Old 2004-10-16, 01:01
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

BC:

Just because it wasn't his fault doesn't mean he doesn't pity the guy. That would fuck me up pretty badly, I'm sure.

Suicide is useless unless you (I'm not trying to be funny, for once) are sleeping in a cardboard box, jobless (kinda goes hand in hand with "cardboard box"), and have literally no future. Then its justified. But teenagers tend to take their emotions to the extreme. I.E., "my boyfriend broke up with me *cuts wrists*"

I can't wait till I turn 18. Then I can laugh at all of the High School kids committing suicide.

Awesome.

Old 2004-10-16, 01:28
cxmachine
Senior Metalhead

hmm, i guess i'm with MTM, i've seen it before, i've seen alot of death, i'm not trying to act badass or anything but it really never bothered me either. only time it ever really bothers me is if it's family or someone close. but strangers dying never really bothered me. and yeah i saw something similar, saw a dude shoot himself.
Originally Posted by Righteous_Death
Black Sabbath are so good, so I wouldnt say anything to disrespect them.
Cunt face.

Rest in Peace Dime, thank you for changing my world on vulgar display of power, thank you for being my next step after sabbath, and thank you for inspiring me to pick up that guitar and learn some heavy fucking metal \m/ your memory will live on forever

Old 2004-10-16, 02:35
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

fucken oath man thats so horrible.

weve got a few major suicides in melbourne, i think its something like 40 people jump off the west gate bridge every year.

corpses are just scary, i dunno why but they seem to scare everyone, myself included.

Old 2004-10-16, 06:38
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
You should have ate his corpse.

Are you fucking retarded? If you're going to be an insensitive asshole, you could at least do it right. He should have *EATEN* the corpse. You're in Minneapolis, you should understand English.

Seriously, necrophagia? How the fuck is that supposed to be funny under these circumstances?

Old 2004-10-16, 06:43
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Don't overreact, Chris! Think before you e-slay peeps!

Old 2004-10-16, 06:46
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

admittedly mate, CCs comment was pretty inappropriate, especially if BOSE hasnt experienced anything like this before its quite traumatising.

Old 2004-10-16, 06:50
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

True! I know Bose can filter that out for himself. CC was being him reguler anti-good self. No reason to jump his ass for it. right?

Old 2004-10-16, 08:58
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Well, I agree that CC wasn't too nice. I guess corpses scare people because you know that they used to be alive and because they used to have a human life, and most often a family. Seeing a stranger die simplifies that person down to a dead body. Nobody is concerned with their family or friends and their feelings. I'm not a very sensitive person that way, sadly.

Old 2004-10-16, 11:22
Severed_Head_Stoner
Gangster Rapper

The only time i've seen a dead body was my mate's mum's funeral. I was about eight, and i had to force myself to cry because it seemed like the right thing to do. :S
- Jason Becker

Old 2004-10-16, 12:28
fatdanny
Post-whore

A guy who was in my chemistry class in school jumped in front of a train. He must have been about 17 or something. I never really talked to him, so it didn't bother me - it would have been better if it hadn't happened but I had no emotional attatchment to the guy. It would probably be different if I had seen the body though.
Finding someone strung up would be pretty fucked up. I don't know how I would react to that.

Old 2004-10-16, 17:04
cxmachine
Senior Metalhead

ya know... this is fucked up.. i sat here and thought about how i would react if i walked into some dude strung up like that.. and the first thing that came and stuck in my mind was "album cover". shit i really am an asshole
Originally Posted by Righteous_Death
Black Sabbath are so good, so I wouldnt say anything to disrespect them.
Cunt face.

Rest in Peace Dime, thank you for changing my world on vulgar display of power, thank you for being my next step after sabbath, and thank you for inspiring me to pick up that guitar and learn some heavy fucking metal \m/ your memory will live on forever

Old 2004-10-16, 18:17
Transient
HES BAAACK

i dont think ive ever seen a body

Old 2004-10-16, 19:03
powersofterror
Forum Leader

I just wrote a song, thought it might be suitable here...it's called Rest...In...Peace
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2004-10-16, 19:08
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

Thats a morbid story, but yet it reminds me of a song...

ENTER!!! THE GALLERY!!! OF SUICIDE!!!

Old 2004-10-16, 20:38
Transient
HES BAAACK

heres something weird:last night i dreamed i was with a friend (guy) who ran across the street and got run over by a minivan and died. today i come online and check everyones away mesage and theyre all "brittany i love you youre in my prayers" i asked someone what happened, and a girl got hit by a car this weekend and is in critical condition......

damn thats weird

Old 2004-10-16, 20:44
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Maybe you should open up a Fortune Telling business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2004-10-16, 21:43
G_urr_A
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Maybe you should open up a Fortune Telling business?

How is getting ran over by a car "fortune"?

Someone said they wouldn't follow through a suicide because it's a) too much trouble and b) it hurts.
I just want to say that, well, it doesn't hurt too bad if you're really "in the mood". Then you're too occupied with other stuff to feel/care. That's basically the reason I (and a, shall we say, close acquaintance of mine) have sometimes "hurt ourselves" (in my case just biting myself or putting sharp objects against my skin to hurt, but not inflict any bleeding wounds, in her case serious cutting with razors and scissors and other things), because we needed something to take our minds off the "bad stuff".
Whatever, it kinda feels like I'm being your average whiny teenager talking about how "I need to cut my wrists because nobody cares about me". If that's the case or not, I'll leave for you to decide.

Last edited by G_urr_A : 2004-10-16 at 21:46. Reason: Two missing letters making it a whole different post

Old 2004-10-16, 22:10
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
True! I know Bose can filter that out for himself. CC was being him reguler anti-good self. No reason to jump his ass for it. right?

Word.

Old 2004-10-16, 22:34
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Word.

I'm not mad at you and I don't think I ever have been. I wasn't when I said that, either, it's just that you were acting like a total asshole and I wanted to make damn sure you knew about it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 2004-10-17, 01:00
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

i guess ill be the first to say that people who commit suicide are fucking cowards. Everyone has deal with shit in their life, so why cant they just step up to the plate when their time comes to get shit instead of just ending it right there?

Old 2004-10-17, 01:35
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_urr_A
Someone said they wouldn't follow through a suicide because it's a) too much trouble and b) it hurts.
I just want to say that, well, it doesn't hurt too bad if you're really "in the mood". Then you're too occupied with other stuff to feel/care. That's basically the reason I (and a, shall we say, close acquaintance of mine) have sometimes "hurt ourselves" (in my case just biting myself or putting sharp objects against my skin to hurt, but not inflict any bleeding wounds, in her case serious cutting with razors and scissors and other things), because we needed something to take our minds off the "bad stuff".
Whatever, it kinda feels like I'm being your average whiny teenager talking about how "I need to cut my wrists because nobody cares about me". If that's the case or not, I'll leave for you to decide.

Self mutialtion is a very popular way of releasing stress amongst the majority of people I associate with. One heats up knives and puts them through his arms, often until they hit the bone, another cuts her wrists and makes home made tatoos, another does "scratchies" on his wrists and another uses those mini scalpel things (splinter probes) to rip the fuck out of the top of his arm (it looks very much like barbed wire cuts and scars badly). Now, me. I do have some pretty depressing low points in my life but I have never cut myself anywhere or done any other self harming things. I always managed to get over my problems with other means, and I hate to think of the distress my family and friends would feel if I did hurt myself. I remember the guilt and pain that I feel every single time somebody close to me cuts because of something I did, or even things they did to me and felt guilty about and decided that it would be better to cut themselves to release the guilt. Most of the time, the fact that they cut themselves makes me feel a lot worse than the whole thing that made them cut in the first place. I don't want to make anyone guilty because that wouldn't make anything better. Instead, I take it out on my drums (the main reason I took up drums is so I could bash the shit out of something and get away with it) or listen to something that makes me pumped. Cutting is damn popular nowadays, but later in life, the scars will make you feel like an idiot.

Old 2004-10-17, 01:54
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

cutting is attention whoring dude... you need to tell them to stop being fucking attention grabbers... or stop hanging out with em because it sounds like a rather unhealth relationship anyway.

Old 2004-10-17, 02:04
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
Self mutialtion is a very popular way of releasing stress amongst the majority of people I associate with. One heats up knives and puts them through his arms, often until they hit the bone, another cuts her wrists and makes home made tatoos, another does "scratchies" on his wrists and another uses those mini scalpel things (splinter probes) to rip the fuck out of the top of his arm (it looks very much like barbed wire cuts and scars badly). Now, me. I do have some pretty depressing low points in my life but I have never cut myself anywhere or done any other self harming things. I always managed to get over my problems with other means, and I hate to think of the distress my family and friends would feel if I did hurt myself. I remember the guilt and pain that I feel every single time somebody close to me cuts because of something I did, or even things they did to me and felt guilty about and decided that it would be better to cut themselves to release the guilt. Most of the time, the fact that they cut themselves makes me feel a lot worse than the whole thing that made them cut in the first place. I don't want to make anyone guilty because that wouldn't make anything better. Instead, I take it out on my drums (the main reason I took up drums is so I could bash the shit out of something and get away with it) or listen to something that makes me pumped. Cutting is damn popular nowadays, but later in life, the scars will make you feel like an idiot.

Right, just what I-D said. I'm glad to hear that you use your drums to let out. I do it with music too. It's constructive and has a better result in the long run. I have scars from poeple putting cigerettes out on be as a kid and I hate seeing them. Don't scar your body unless it is with a tasteful tattoo.

Old 2004-10-17, 02:09
Credit to Dementia
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Now, me. I do have some pretty depressing low points in my life but I have never cut myself anywhere or done any other self harming things. I always managed to get over my problems with other means, and I hate to think of the distress my family and friends would feel if I did hurt myself. I remember the guilt and pain that I feel every single time somebody close to me cuts because of something I did, or even things they did to me and felt guilty about and decided that it would be better to cut themselves to release the guilt.

They show you? I'm not an expert in this area, but I was under the impression that a lot of cutters did their best to keep it all on the D.L. I thought that the obsessive secrecy and covering up was all a part of the mental state. But if they're telling you about it, it's almost like an overly-extreme passive/aggressive tactic, though that's a bit of a simplistic way to say it.

Quote:
Cutting is damn popular nowadays, but later in life, the scars will make you feel like an idiot.

Chances are they do now, unless they're all, as Innards-Decay suggests, doing it as attention/pity-whores. I'd like to think there's a line between those and the people who do it out of a genuine psychological need, but I really don't know much about it.

Old 2004-10-17, 02:15
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

yeah, all the girls who do it at my school flaunt em, so i assume they do it out of attention whoring. I hate goths so much, always doing stupid shit like killing themselves or whatnot. Happend to 4 chicks in my county in 2 weeks, in fact, three on friday. Bull shit this is.

Old 2004-10-17, 02:23
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I'm sorry to hear that girls are doing this for attention. CtD said that real cutters hide their stuff and feel that they have to do it for their own reasons... This is true. I wish someone could help those poeple that do it for both attention and other reasons.

Old 2004-10-17, 02:29
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

yeah, i mean, im sorry they had to resort to that, but im not affected emotionally at all by their death, mainly because it is an act of cowardice which i already explained. I feel sorry for thier parents though. I mean, youd really be thinking "where did i go wrong?".

Old 2004-10-17, 02:31
Credit to Dementia
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
I wish someone could help those poeple that do it for both attention and other reasons.

Agreed. It's a shame in either case, especially when there are so many other ways in which to vent that negative energy or get attention. I'd start to make a list, but it's almost endless if you include everything that could work.

Old 2004-10-17, 02:59
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I see a kid with cuts... I'm going to bring them to my house and let them play some music. Music is a great thing and it consumes you while you are in the moment of it. No reason that even the most disturbed kid can't find a refuge somewhere.

Old 2004-10-17, 03:10
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

mr. soulinsane... my hat goes off to you.

Old 2004-10-17, 03:20
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Oh that reminds me of an embarrassing moment for my mum:

One day when we were at the checkout line in the Kroger my mum said to the chick cashier, "Oh dear, did you scrape yourself running through trees?!?!" The girl answered sheepishly, "uhh no, I used to cut myself."

and shit was it true.....covered in scars...

This is my band's page

Old 2004-10-17, 03:23
Trendkill_420
Post-whore

man when i was pissed off at the world i broke other shit, not myself.
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Old 2004-10-17, 03:33
powersofterror
Forum Leader

A good haha story I like to tell sometimes is once I was so pissed I broke my pinky punching the computer chair. I couldn't play imstruments for like a solid month or so.but that was wawy back when I was in middle school. Now when I get pissed, I bury it so one day I may explode.

This is my band's page

Old 2004-10-17, 04:51
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Anyone remember the Heavens Gate cult that rode the hail bobbit comet to heaven after they all killed themselves in like 97'? They all had Nikey clothing on that said, "Just did it".

Old 2004-10-17, 04:54
Trendkill_420
Post-whore

my parents always got pissed at me cuz i "took shit apart" to see how it worked. actually i just broke it cuz it felt good. but everyone always felt they had to justify it. so i broke shit!@
YYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeesahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@3llllllllllllasklpoooooooooooo oaseeeeeeeeeeeeklll;asdfffffffffffffk;jsadfffffffffffffklj;hhhhhhhhhhhhsadfffffffffffffk;h asdff

My keybvoard beepred at me 5 times
g;lakjjjjjjjjjjasdggggggggglk'''
gus the at motherfuckier doesnt' lolik,e th ebeep[erin fudckedf

^^^drunken anal-iser

analyzer

heh heh
anal-izer.
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Old 2004-10-17, 05:12
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

WTF? I don't speek AOL.

Old 2004-10-17, 05:34
powersofterror
Forum Leader

BWaaahahaha, Soul that was fucking classic.

This is my band's page

Old 2004-10-17, 05:50
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

haha...

Old 2004-10-17, 06:02
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Thanks

Old 2004-10-17, 07:07
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

any time.

Old 2004-10-17, 10:24
Severed_Head_Stoner
Gangster Rapper

Okay. A few things here. These are all my opinions, so you worthless pieces of shit (I-D) can shut the fuck up about them.

Not everyone cuts for attention. Some people can't find any other way to deal with their anger/depression. I used to cut myself, when the depression level was high enough, i didn't feel a thing. I'd probably still be doing it now, only i havn't felt the need to. The people who cut, and show everyone want the attention, but some need the attention, if they feel they're not being appreciated, and want people to sympathize. I've thought about it, and i think that it's mostly people around 15-17 who hurt themselves, as they're just coming to realization of being a small part of a large world, and can't deal with it. Most people grow out of it, or commit suicide.

And for ignorant/stupid cunts, like Innards-Decay, depression is an illness, people who have it can't help waking up feeling like shit.

I could go on and on about my problems right here, because i have no one to help me deal with them. But i'm not going to.
- Jason Becker

Old 2004-10-17, 11:01
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

I'm with Soulinsane on this. The drums work like magic if i'm ever down about some shit. Guitar is good too, but drums are more effective.

Old 2004-10-17, 12:29
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Severed_Head_Stoner man, seriously, there are many ways to get rid of frustration and forget about bad things. People who break shit scare me quite a lot when they do it in my presence. People who cut scare me even more. Yeah, they are attention - whoring when they do it and show me, but most of the time they don't until I ask. People who use drugs to forget... well, I'm a bit more tolerant on this one, unless it's something really hard and/or they're on the needle, but there are much, much healthier ways. For me, it has been music for some time. If not for music, I'd be either dead or in a mental hospital. It's the ultimate vessel of emotion. I agree completely with Mr.Soulinsane here, thank you for dishing out your wisdom in such generous portions, good sir. You are more generous than that soup kitchen where they substitute potato with rat.

Old 2004-10-17, 13:05
Severed_Head_Stoner
Gangster Rapper

I agree that music works well, but i can't keep bottling my emotions up.
- Jason Becker

Old 2004-10-17, 16:36
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innards-Decay
cutting is attention whoring dude... you need to tell them to stop being fucking attention grabbers... or stop hanging out with em because it sounds like a rather unhealth relationship anyway.

You wouldn't believe how wrong you are. People who cut themselves generally go to great lengths to try to hide their scars. I would know firsthand, I've seen this situation before. People who do this do so because they are very angry and under a lot of stress and need to hurt something. They can't go cut other people or else they will end up in prison or a mental institution. So they cut themselves. It's the only way to get it out of their system. It's the only way they can find to alleviate their stress.

As a teenager, my method would be to take broken appliances (especially TVs) and beat the everloving shit out of them. I would just let my all my anger out. Right now I'm looking at my dresser, on my dresser is the shard of a metal baseball bat. I took this baseball bat and reduced it to small bits and pieces. I put one of the shards on my dresser to remind me how much stronger a person gets when they are angry. I also completely destroyed 4 of my bicycles (they weren't usable anyway), and by that I mean just slamming them onto the ground or throwing them as high as I could until it was in many pieces. The frame is the hardest part to break because it's welded together. Everything else is easy. The wheels usually come off first.

Old 2004-10-17, 17:16
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

i didnt mean all cutters do it. But everyone ive seen wears sleevless shirts during the summer to show their scars around and be stupid. People engrave shit like Dead Kennedys into their forarms, its bullshit, self mutilation is bullshit, and music is a great emotional vessel. Ive had to deal with shit being bad before, my sister got addicted to cocaine. So what did i do when i got angry, i played guitar and bass. One time i punched a hole through the wall in my room, didnt break my hand miraculously. Im just saying every cutter ive seen flaunts it like they just inherited bill gates' fortune, and i guess the people who do it for release just hide it really well.

Old 2004-10-17, 22:20
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
I'm not mad at you and I don't think I ever have been. I wasn't when I said that, either, it's just that you were acting like a total asshole and I wanted to make damn sure you knew about it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thats good because I was REALLY fucking mad about your comment...

Old 2004-10-17, 22:28
TheDreadfulHoroscope
Supreme Metalhead

This sounds kind of odd man, but sometimes it works:

Listen to music with a really depressing tone, and do nothing in you head but delve into your depression while you listen to it, it feels GREAT. I don't mean slight emotions, be self pitious to the EXTREME. As long as you try not to bring your depression into you thoughts as much as possible at other points in your life, it helps alot.

But if it doesn't work, then dont listen to my advice, because this only has to do with my own expieriences.

Old 2004-10-17, 22:59
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

I don't know, for me, self pity always got me a lot more down than I was in the first place, so every time I pitied myself I would mentally slap myself and tell myself to stop being a stupid angsty bitch. Music with an angry and hyper tone, on the other hand, always did the trick. Children of bodom or in extreme cases, Deicide. For some people, it's better to get it off your mind than dwell on it.

Old 2004-10-18, 01:57
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

A good way to get a bad image out of your head is to hit your head against something really hard. It works for me!

Old 2004-10-18, 04:09
Insomnium
Senior Metalhead

apparently, i watched a guy shoot himself when i was 6. i have no memory of it whatsoever, a psychiatrist said my mind is likely blocking it out because it was so traumatic. according to my mom, i was 10 feet away from my 2nd cousin when he decided he didnt care to live any more. mr. shrink also told me that one morning i may wake up and suddenly remember everything, and if it happens i need to call him immediately. rather weird to think about

Old 2004-10-18, 04:13
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnium
apparently, i watched a guy shoot himself when i was 6. i have no memory of it whatsoever, a psychiatrist said my mind is likely blocking it out because it was so traumatic. according to my mom, i was 10 feet away from my 2nd cousin when he decided he didnt care to live any more. mr. shrink also told me that one morning i may wake up and suddenly remember everything, and if it happens i need to call him immediately. rather weird to think about

Thats fucked up.

Old 2004-10-18, 04:14
Insomnium
Senior Metalhead

yea. for a long ass time i just thought my mom was fucking with me, but its been going on for 10 years. if shes fucking around, it got old very very long ago.

EDIT: eh. i figure shes not joking cuz one night like 3 years ago i woke up screaming (just from some random nightmare) and she FREAKED, she thought i had remembered it or something.

Old 2004-10-18, 04:19
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

weird dude... who shoots themself in public? if i was gonna commit a public suicide, id blow up a building or something.

Old 2004-10-18, 04:24
Insomnium
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innards-Decay
weird dude... who shoots themself in public? if i was gonna commit a public suicide, id blow up a building or something.

wansnt in public. like i said, it was my second cousin. he was taking care of me or some shit like that

Old 2004-10-18, 14:26
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Thats good because I was REALLY fucking mad about your comment...

...which is REALLY funny, because I never said you were. I didn't even insinuate it in the least. What was the point of even saying this?

Old 2004-10-18, 14:38
messedhobo4
Metalhead

I am a Boyscout.. but that means that I am trained in first aid, I was driving down from a camping trip a couple years back with one of my friends and we came across a motorcycle accident, one guys skull shattered inside of his helmet (great helmet) and the other guy flew off of a cliff and down into a stream, he landed on the rocks by the stream, I got out of the car and told my friend to go tend to the guy on the rocks, the guy that I was trying to help was unconscious until after I called 911 and he woke up shortly after, I told him to not move and he was going to be ok and he said no, im not but thank you for trying to help, then he tried to take off his helmet, needless to say he died quickly after, in my arms with lots of mess.. the other guy died too but I don't know the details, my friend wouldnt talk about it much...

Old 2004-10-18, 15:18
powersofterror
Forum Leader

That is a stupid thing to say. I had trouble understanding this comment by you: "...but that means that I am trained in first aid." Just because you are a boyscout doesn't make you a nurse. Hell I got all those badges...what it's called? First Aid, Safety, Lifesaving...? There's some more too probably...eh. And all you did was tell the guy he's going to be "ok?!" How is that first aid?! And he died. You didn't do shit.

This is my band's page

Old 2004-10-18, 15:26
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
That is a stupid thing to say. I had trouble understanding this comment by you: "...but that means that I am trained in first aid." Just because you are a boyscout doesn't make you a nurse. Hell I got all those badges...what it's called? First Aid, Safety, Lifesaving...? There's some more too probably...eh. And all you did was tell the guy he's going to be "ok?!" How is that first aid?! And he died. You didn't do shit.

He did do more, he just didnt type it, ive heard the whole story. He was merley trying to say he has basic knowledge in that area, like making sure the guy doesnt move around a lot or just basic shit that you shouldnt do while the paramedics are getting there.

Old 2004-10-18, 15:30
powersofterror
Forum Leader

There is a lot more to first aid than the shit they teach you in the boyscouts.

This is my band's page

Old 2004-10-18, 15:36
BOSE
Senior Metalhead

thanks for the moral support, I'm not to bothered by it anymore, but like someone said earlier it's a very surreal feeling being the first person to find a corpse in those circumstances, just a very odd feeling. Fact is that I'm not gonna let it affect me anymore it's just pointless to dwell on shit like that.

As for CC's remark I'm not offended at all, look at his name he was bound to say it, it actually made me laugh so there is no need to slay him over it.

As for cutter's I knew a bunch of chicks who did it for attention, a few of them who knew I did it wanted me to cut them, I was like you crazy bitch I'd just love to go to jail for that . I did it cause I liked the emotional release it was intense for that moment but I was by no means proud of it, not somthing I was flaunting about.

Old 2004-10-18, 15:51
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

From work we had classwork about cutters and we had a few at the treatment center, too. Although I really didn't talk much about it, but observed how other staff dealt with them, I did notice a distinct difference between the ones that did it for show and the ones who had deep seated trouble. Although both had different problems they were there for. They were girls.

I also know a few boys , some well into their 20's , that have numerous self made tattoos, branded designs, and such just because they and their friends thought it would be fun to do while inebriated.

A young man I know was with his mom at the hospital getting x-rays on his hand because he hit a board with it and suspected it was broken AGAIN. He just did it at the beginning of the school year before and maybe before that ,too. I'm not sure. He's about 13. I told him he really needed to find a less painful way to get rid of his frustration cuz he's a very likeable kid with a great sense of humor. I told his mom that,too. I suggested he get a fishing pole and go bank fishing around here or get a set of drums.

It seems pretty typical for boys especially to be hitting things or mutilating themselves when they're growing up, but I remember a few of my own teen year instances, too. I hate pain so my out-of-sorts times usually resulted in me cutting my own hair which usually turned out badly. Part could have been pms, too, though. So I can empathize somewhat with those who self-mutilate.
"Don't judge another til you've walked in his moccasins. "

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2004-10-18, 17:13
messedhobo4
Metalhead

Quote:
That is a stupid thing to say. I had trouble understanding this comment by you: "...but that means that I am trained in first aid." Just because you are a boyscout doesn't make you a nurse.
First off: Bieng trained in first aid came with bieng a boyscout, I got trained through the BSA and they teach you in first aid certification how to react and what to do when you come across something like a car wreck. Therefore I felt obligated to pull over and see if there was anything I could do to help. MAYBE I could have saved his life if it wasnt so bad, but there was clearly nothing I could have done, I didnt know that until after I pulled over. Secondly, not everyone qualified in first aid is a nurse, no, but if I was fatally wounded I would rather have someone with a cool head and first aid knowledge come and help, wouldnt you?? I would hope they would pull over and try to help!!
Quote:
How is that first aid?! And he died. You didn't do shit.
No, I didnt do shit, but there was nothing that could have been done for him, he was a goner! like the ppl that get squashed and they are gonna die when they pull the car off of them, theres nothing you can do!! I wish I could have done more, but there was nothing to be done, MAYBE IF I WAS A NURSE I COULD HAVE!!!

Old 2004-10-18, 18:24
powersofterror
Forum Leader

well, then you must not understand what "first aid" means. Anybody with a right mind could stop the car and get out to talk to the guy and try to keep him calm. That's common sense. When he woke up, the best first aid that should have come from you is in all seriousness: point at him and order him not to move. In first aid there is no crying and panicky shit, you order things done. That's the only way it'll get done fast and effectively. In that such case, from what you've said, you did some wrong things, I'm very sorry. After he wakes you must keep him in the recovery position and ask exactly what is wrong. From what you say about his skull being shattered, it was most likely a compression. Since you did not know that at the time, when he tried to get up, he probably died because since most head injuries invove the spinal cord. If you suspected a head injury, you should not (I don't know if you did or not though) apply pressure to the wound. And that helmet should not have come off, You didn't say that, so I'll assume it didn't, good. One thing that you should not have done was to leave him to call 911. First aid is intended for one person to call, and the second person the help the person injured. Yes, I know you buddy was with the other guy, but that's how it should have been done. I am though sorry you had to go through that, especially a young teenager such as yourself. I hope you find this info from me and this experience helpful.

This is my band's page

Old 2004-10-18, 20:00
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

nice powers of terror, but you kinda went overboard on the reeming.

Old 2004-10-18, 21:28
powersofterror
Forum Leader

I was a life scout too, and it sucked.

This is my band's page

Old 2004-10-18, 22:16
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

i only got to first class... but i got some cool merit badges i liked, like first aid and ES.

Old 2004-10-18, 22:24
powersofterror
Forum Leader

yeah I remember those. Lifesaving was the coolest one because I got to "save" fat people out of the water. They were 3 times my size and weight, but there are ways around that....
...I made star after only like 2 years of boyscouts too..life took awhile, and I quit when they started butt fucking the eagle requirements so I didn't becaome eagle. pft, the shit I learned in first aid and safely was bullshit too. I got better info off the interent.

This is my band's page

Last edited by powersofterror : 2004-10-18 at 22:27.

Old 2004-10-18, 22:55
Insomnium
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by messedhobo4
I wish I could have done more, but there was nothing to be done, MAYBE IF I WAS A NURSE I COULD HAVE!!!

i think that was HIS point....

Old 2004-10-18, 23:00
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
I am a Boyscout.. but that means that I am trained in first aid, I was driving down from a camping trip a couple years back with one of my friends and we came across a motorcycle accident, one guys skull shattered inside of his helmet (great helmet) and the other guy flew off of a cliff and down into a stream, he landed on the rocks by the stream, I got out of the car and told my friend to go tend to the guy on the rocks, the guy that I was trying to help was unconscious until after I called 911 and he woke up shortly after, I told him to not move and he was going to be ok and he said no, im not but thank you for trying to help, then he tried to take off his helmet, needless to say he died quickly after, in my arms with lots of mess.. the other guy died too but I don't know the details, my friend wouldnt talk about it much...

Are you sure you didn't kill him by helping?

Old 2004-10-18, 23:17
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Sounds brutal man, sorry you had to see that.. would of fucked me up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2004-10-18, 23:31
messedhobo4
Metalhead

Well, I could either re-live it over and over again, and blame myself for it and all that bullshit, or I could belive that I did the best I could and not listen to that guy that is trying to make me feel like an idiot and its my fault and all that..

Old 2004-10-18, 23:36
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

It's just like when I was back in Nam

Old 2004-10-18, 23:55
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

i didnt know there were metal-geezers.

Old 2004-10-19, 00:02
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

You will be one someday so don't knock it

Old 2004-10-19, 00:04
messedhobo4
Metalhead

psh, I am selling my anti aging potion, accecpting all paypal orders right now, mail in checks are good too, cash is always welcome, send me a PM with orders, it will keep you from becoming a metal geezer!!

Old 2004-10-19, 00:07
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Do you have a potion that pervents angst?

Old 2004-10-19, 00:08
Credit to Dementia
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Do you have a potion that pervents angst?

You'd have to sneak that into the water supply at local high schools. No kid would take it willingly, because nobody wants to believe they're angsty.

Old 2004-10-19, 00:11
messedhobo4
Metalhead

*braces for flaming* whats angst mean?

Old 2004-10-19, 00:12
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credit to Dementia
You'd have to sneak that into the water supply at local high schools. No kid would take it willingly, because nobody wants to believe they're angsty.

This is true. Maybe he can put those potions back where he likes them

Old 2004-10-19, 00:18
Credit to Dementia
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
*braces for flaming* whats angst mean?

Angst is literally a kind of anxiety stemming from neuroses, but it's mostly used to describe the bile-spewing state a lot of teenagers find themselves in. There's a lot of self-pity, anxiety, and anger without much real cause for it. A lot of bands channel this into fairly shitty lyrics.

Mr. Soulinsane, that smilie is eerie. And funny. But eerie. And you're probably right.

Old 2004-10-19, 00:47
TheDreadfulHoroscope
Supreme Metalhead

We could put subliminal messages in korn cd's that say "stop bitchin" o something like that.

Old 2004-10-19, 00:50
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreadfulHoroscope
We could put subliminal messages in korn cd's that say "stop bitchin" o something like that.

Good Idea. Or, we could put subliminal messages in korn cd's that say "KILL KORN AT THEIR NEXT CONCERT" That would work better.