MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2004-10-02, 21:12
ArkaneSoul88
Senior Metalhead

Milk

This works amazingly better than i thought. Just drink 3 glasses of milk a day, and milk before you play. Hmm that rhymed. But not only is it good for you, but good for your vox.

Old 2004-10-02, 23:25
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Soy milk is healthier than regular milk, but you just have to have a taste for it. However, there are many different kinds and you have to choose the right one. But I don't know if it all works for singing. eh...
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2004-10-18, 16:49
Trip666420
New Blood

Talking

Im in four different bands, three of witch im the vocals for, Milk really does work. When you drink milk it coughts your throught, and creates stickey saliva, witch makes your growls, and screams rontchear! But im not sure about a glass before a show, the best thing to do durring a show is to drink alot of water, it cools, and soths your throut!

Old 2004-10-22, 08:53
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

milk is delicious. any liquid dairy product is good to help with, same with liquids that are high in sugar (not coke and shit like that, i mean apple juice etc)

Old 2004-10-22, 09:12
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

by the same standard, you dont need milk to death growl, i can do it fairly easily and i don't drink milk at all
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2004-10-23, 12:12
Trendkill_420
Post-whore

drink milk foo' -mr. T

makes sense.
Our singer just smokes dope. Makes his voicy low and growly.
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Old 2004-10-24, 03:55
hatethyenemies
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc
milk is delicious. any liquid dairy product is good to help with, same with liquids that are high in sugar (not coke and shit like that, i mean apple juice etc)

why does it just form a good lugie? i dont know why but i find that amusing, it might be because its like 1:30am over here

Old 2004-10-24, 04:09
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Milk tastes good! I want some cereal now.

Old 2004-10-25, 13:28
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

In any of the choral groups I was in we were told not to drink milk before the performances so I can imagine it would be good before a growl session.

You're right to a certain extent about the soymilk, powers'. It took a time or 2 to adjust to the taste a little, but the kind I get is pretty good. There are reports now being made about it effecting the reprodutive system though, but I haven't heard if it's positive or negative, and it's just in females.
Not too many of you guys need to worry about that.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2004-12-01, 02:55
4d5e6f
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
In any of the choral groups I was in we were told not to drink milk before the performances so I can imagine it would be good before a growl session.

You're right to a certain extent about the soymilk, powers'. It took a time or 2 to adjust to the taste a little, but the kind I get is pretty good. There are reports now being made about it effecting the reprodutive system though, but I haven't heard if it's positive or negative, and it's just in females.
Not too many of you guys need to worry about that.

I think the reproductive thing you mentioned is that females are getting their periods earlier and earlier. Scientists think that it's because of the chemicals the cows are eating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death By Monkeys
That's insulting. They can make sandwiches and iron clothes. You should be ashamed.

Old 2004-12-01, 12:02
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

No, I meant soy milk not cow. Not to get too far off topic, but I typed in "soy milk and cancer" to see what came up. http://www.drweil.com/u/QA/QA44833/
So in this particular report it isn't the soy itself, but the additive. Shoots the hell out of eating icecream. Oh well, I'm not gonna worry too much about it.
Back on topic now.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2004-12-05, 17:55
Zombie Clown
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkaneSoul88
This works amazingly better than i thought. Just drink 3 glasses of milk a day, and milk before you play. Hmm that rhymed. But not only is it good for you, but good for your vox.

this does work really well, you just have to wait like 30 minutes after you drink it to get a reallly nice effect from it

Old 2005-04-14, 17:15
Mave Dustaine
New Blood

dairy products arent good if you are actually gonna sing, but i think itd give it a good death metal Chuck Billy sound if thats what youre goin for.

^^^^^
| __ __ |
(| |)
( )===( )
\_#_/
|__|

R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL
R.I.P. LAYNE STALEY
]

Old 2005-04-15, 13:34
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Ok, so how does milk have an adverse effect on normal singing? 'Cause I've drinking milk everyday for all my life.

Old 2005-04-15, 15:10
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

i would think it stops you from hitting notes clearly because of the gunky mucus. when there's that stuff in your throat, you really have to powerfully speak to get it out, and so you're not used to using that power, therefore your voice cracks or squeaks and the whatnot.

i want some cereal now too.

Old 2005-04-15, 15:31
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

What about soya milk or something?

I need my milk with cereal in the morning.

Old 2005-04-16, 01:21
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

As being an idiot, I actually tried this once after reading ur guys' gay posts . I tried milk and yogurt, and I saw no difference in my growling. It helps if you start growling like 10 seconds after you eat/drink it, then after that ur throat goes back to as dry as ur mommy's cunts.

Old 2005-04-17, 04:50
GravelFistFM
New Blood

milk is good, yeah, but what i did personally was rape the shit outa my vocal chords...once u do that a few times u'll get better. for me milk suffocates me and i loogie all over the place...i guess for breathy shit milk may work...popping small bugger bubbles in the back of your throat...