MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone

Old 2004-09-24, 21:18
XxpsyopusxX
New Blood

good tapping bass suggestions

Can anyone suggest any good basses to tap on because the one i have now the strings are to high but if i lower them they hit the fret board alot when i finger pick and become really twangy....im looking for something with warmth and good tone but is easy to tap on and isnt to expensive
Please help

Old 2004-09-25, 14:43
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Its all up to how u lower the bridge and the nut height. (thats if ur nut can be heightened) .. but im sure the fender urge stu hamm bass must be pretty good for tap.. u just gotta try out basses in shops and stuff.. and decide yourself.. if u know what you want, surely u can find it yourself.. just keep looking and trying..

If all fails just keep adjusting your bridge and you will find the right height where its easy to tap.. and doesent twang when you fingerstyle it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2004-09-25, 17:00
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Watch the dvd Cannibal Corpse the making of the wretched spawn. Alex does a cool tapping thing on that.

Old 2004-10-28, 02:23
ThisDaysMurder
New Blood

yours sounds fine lol. you need to get a bass and stick with it

Old 2004-11-02, 16:53
Rattlehead
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatter3d
Its all up to how u lower the bridge and the nut height. (thats if ur nut can be heightened) ..
If all fails just keep adjusting your bridge and you will find the right height where its easy to tap.. and doesent twang when you fingerstyle it..

I strongly disagree. The only way to make taping easy (especially on frets 18-24) is to have the bridge low. This makes that twangy sound of the string hitting the frets inevitable for finger style. It's a problem that pisses me off. Having the 'ideal' height for the bridge and nut also means more fret buzz unless your neck is perfectly aligned. A month ago I spent 40$ (approx. 30 U.S. dollars) to get my neck professionally aligned. It was beautiful - not one fret buzzed, and the strings are to same distance from the fretboard everywhere, it was just like it was when I first bought the bass. Unfortunately it took about one week for the neck to slighly change, and now I have fret buzz again.

I know this has been said before, but I do know a solution for fret buzz and strings twanging on frets: get a fretless. Since I like the sound of them anyway, I plan on buying one, but they are unfortunately very expensive.
I say do away with it. You can always stand in its former location if you need to make use of the perspective it gave you, but will benefit from the ability to situate yourself in different loci with ease.
Destroy the box.

Old 2004-11-02, 18:12
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Just use a trussrod man.

Quote:

Old 2004-11-04, 16:15
Rattlehead
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatter3d
Just use a trussrod man.

It is very difficult to adjust perfectly using the trussrod and every time you adjust it you have to readjust the intonation too (just a bit though). It's annoying.
I say do away with it. You can always stand in its former location if you need to make use of the perspective it gave you, but will benefit from the ability to situate yourself in different loci with ease.
Destroy the box.

Old 2004-11-04, 18:26
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Yeah it is, but you dont lose any cash that way..

Quote: