MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2009-12-02, 21:22
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Utopias is made by Sam Adams...I've never had it before because I've never seen it on sale other than ebay, and it's expensive as hell.

That Deus stuff is pretty damn good...expensive but not nearly as bad.

Haven't been drinking a lot lately thanks to this class I am in..too much physical work, too early in the morning.

Old 2009-12-11, 14:13
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
27 percent??? Holy fuck you get knocked by a few bottles

Haha no doubt. I think the strongest beer I had was 11%. Even four bottles of that stuff felt like a kick to the skull.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2009-12-11, 15:20
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

I think you can`t call that beer anymore it`s like a soft liquor

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-12-11, 23:39
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
I think you can`t call that beer anymore it`s like a soft liquor

That's true. Once it gets past 10% it's more like wine lol.
Quote:
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2009-12-12, 12:37
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Well that Samichlaus (spelling?) is 14% and on the label it says "malt liquor" it is pretty malty though...sweet stuff. It tastes good but it's kind of a shock the first couple sips. If you try it, drink it slowly and by the end, you just might wish you had another one.

Old 2009-12-12, 20:58
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-12-13, 00:43
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:

Haha wow. This reminds me of the most expensive Scotch I ever saw when I was browsing on the liquor store website.

http://www.bcliquorstores.com/product/110239

It probably tastes like heaven
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-12-13, 03:49
Requiem
Post-whore

My friend moved back down here and we finally got to hang out. He was like 12 when he moved and now we're both grown. So it was kind of strange knowing someone, yet not knowing who they are now. Of course, we bought some cheap beer and hung out.

Keystone = good memories

Old 2009-12-13, 08:18
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
My friend moved back down here and we finally got to hang out. He was like 12 when he moved and now we're both grown. So it was kind of strange knowing someone, yet not knowing who they are now. Of course, we bought some cheap beer and hung out.

Keystone = good memories

Seeing old friends that you haven't seen in ages is an awesome feeling.
I've never heard of Keystone, so I doubt they sell it here.

Does anybody know if this stuff is any good? It looks like it might be worth trying. Also, is Brooklyn Lager any good? I've had the stout a few times and that was fucking delicious, but I have yet to try the lager.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-12-13, 11:44
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906

It probably tastes like heaven

Or just like a good liquor, most of the prices aren`t justified.
Somebody posted this hebrew beer in this thread, just look like 10 pages before in this thread

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-12-14, 01:04
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
Seeing old friends that you haven't seen in ages is an awesome feeling.
I've never heard of Keystone, so I doubt they sell it here.

Does anybody know if this stuff is any good? It looks like it might be worth trying. Also, is Brooklyn Lager any good? I've had the stout a few times and that was fucking delicious, but I have yet to try the lager.

He brew is some good stuff. I was surprised. It's not amazing or anything really crazy, but it definitely has good flavor. Brooklyn lager is alright, I'm not really a fan of some of their beers. That black chocolate stout is awesome though.

You aren't missing anything by not having keystone around..it's cheap stuff.

Old 2010-01-09, 03:07
blitz906
Okay.

I went to my local liquor store today to buy a bottle of Jim Beam and noticed this stuff. I just had to buy it for the lol factor.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9255/beaverq.jpg

3... 2... 1... let the vagina jokes begin.

I'll start. I haven't tried this beaver yet, but I sure hope it tastes good

Yeah... that was the best I could come up with
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2010-01-15, 21:02
guitar_demon
MotörCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
Well that Samichlaus (spelling?) is 14% and on the label it says "malt liquor" it is pretty malty though...sweet stuff. It tastes good but it's kind of a shock the first couple sips. If you try it, drink it slowly and by the end, you just might wish you had another one.

samichlaus was alright bit yea its definitally a sipper, as for strong beers you guys heard of tactical nuclear penguin from brewdog? its 32% officially the worlds strongest beer i watched a vid on their site where it said they brewed it then froze it and took out the ice (aka water) fermented it agan froze it removed the ice did this a few times to get it a higher abv. the strongest i have had would be the 18 percent 120 minute IPA from dogfishhead which tasted nothing like an ipa hah

whoever mentioned the brooklyn chocolate black stout, i love that shit
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2010-01-16, 03:28
Requiem
Post-whore

Do any of you ever feel guilty for buying expensive alcohol? I always feel like crap the day after drinking expensive booze.

Of course it goes down better and is quite more enjoyable.

Old 2010-01-16, 11:54
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

32% = no beer or ale
I was so drunk and stoned yesterday...shite.

I just love expensive whisky like these 15year old bottles. About beer I don`t care about the price, cause most beer we got is drinkable

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-01-24, 21:02
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

The difference between being a lush and a connoisseur is whether you're imbibing just for the hell of it or if you're enjoying the total picture of what you're partaking in. And that goes for a lot more than just drinking.

Presently drinking JD and ginger ale on the rocks.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2010-01-24, 21:51
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Do any of you ever feel guilty for buying expensive alcohol? I always feel like crap the day after drinking expensive booze.

What're you, crazy?! What is there to feel guilty about? The worst thing to have buyer's remorse about is good food and drink. It is good to treat yourself because you deserve the best. Well, maybe not you, but I certainly do!

I'm not big on liquor, but I really do enjoy buying a few $10 bottles of fantastic beer to spend the night with, or maybe a decent bottle of wine like Rombauer's Merlot or Chardonnay. Actually, my favorite thing to do right now is, once a weekish, take a bottle of wine up the street to my favorite Italian place (that's only a 2 minute walk - the only walkable restaurant around me, which, luckily, is the best) pay the corking fee, order fantastic meal (they have the best gnocchi Ii've ever had, and the other week I had their special spare ribs on risotto... holy fuck was that good), bring a good book, and spend the night there until the food and bottle is long gone.

I'd kill myself if I only drank Coors Light and ate fast food.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-01-24, 23:09
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

We were watching a show on History about rum runners back in the 1920's and in one shot there was a bottle of booze called Chickencock sitting on a shelf.

"The "Seagram's Chickencock" the family poured across the border was a mixture of pure alcohol, sulfuric acid, caramel, water, and aged rye whisky. Between 1920 and 1930, 34,000 Americans died from alcohol poisoning." -http://members.fortunecity.com/bigj2/bronfman/bronf_1.html

Holy mackerel! The Canadians were trying to really kill us!! haha I'd love to just have an empty bottle with the label on it.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2010-01-24, 23:28
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Quote:

When booze tastes good, I usually forget to drink enough water along with it. On top of that, most good beers have a higher percentage, and are along the darker side. The darker the alc, the higher chance for a hangover.

Just remember that with good/dark booze you've gotta drink more water (or just less booze). Then you'll wake up without a hangover in sight.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2010-01-26, 12:44
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

http://www.astra-bier.de/wasdagegen..._kurzer_big.jpg

The caption says "A beer and a shorty; Astra : So what?!"

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-02-04, 22:15
Midnight Empire
Senior Metalhead

Been drinkin gentleman jack, sailor jerry's and evan williams white label.

Quote:
What does "phag" stand for?

Old 2010-02-05, 02:42
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

I want to pick up a bottle of Gentleman Jack just to see how it could taste much different from the original JD.

I've had this Canadian shit and some Coconut Porter stuff. Coconut thing was good, and the Canadian shit wasn't special. Better than BL though

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-02-05, 03:07
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Canadian shit? MOAR SPECIFIC PLZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2010-02-05, 07:50
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

"MOLSON CANADIAN" R U HAPPY??!

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-02-05, 21:21
guitar_demon
MotörCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
"MOLSON CANADIAN" R U HAPPY??!

ew, if your drinking canadian at least drink unibroue
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2010-02-05, 21:43
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I've never enjoyed any Canadian liquor, especially whiskey, at all. Of course I've never really liked or "enjoyed" hard liquor in the first place and have never had much top-shelf stuff, so, my opinion doesn't matter.

A long time ago I bought a bottle of Delirium Tremens on a friend's highly praised adamant suggestion and wrote a post here about how awful it was. After randomly coming across the BA article and reading its high scores and everything sounding completely different than what I had, I decided to try again as I figured that bottle was probably just skunked or part of a bad batch. Now that I've had a proper bottle I take back what I said as I enjoyed this good blond beer. It holds a good, strong flavor with its high ABV not taking away from the taste. My only complaints are that it suffers from Chris' Mom's biggest issue, that is, its a bit too yeasty, and has the dreaded hints of banana - a fruit that I swear will be, along with all its repulsive ken, exterminated from the Earth when I am finally king.

I also had Samuel Adam's Brouwerij Imperial Pilsner (I believe it was this beer, I don't remember the "Brouwerij" being in there but its the only non-retired SA pilsner that The Advocate doesn't label as retired, and the reviews look pretty consistent with what I experienced.) a few days ago at a bar that just put it on tap (literally, I had the very first beer). It was good, but is a bit floral for me and that put me off. I sometimes felt like I was drinking pedals and pollen. Its a good choice though if you're looking for a buzz as its got the highest ABV out of a bar's normal selection.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2010-02-05 at 21:59.

Old 2010-03-28, 13:09
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:

That's why a lot of times I'd start off with good beer and then eventually switch over to something like High Life to finish the job into the night. They go down easy and aren't filling.

After having several good beers or stronger beers, I find myself not drinking them as slowly to enjoy them for what they are. That's when it's time to just drink regular beer since all I want to do is drink.

Old 2010-03-28, 17:05
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16759/42075

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/148/48194

Had both these beers in the past week. Both were awesome. That pale ale comes in a 4 pack of 16oz cans for 5 dollars and you can't beat the price for delicious beer.

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2010-03-29, 12:27
SuspendedByTheThroat
Senior Metalhead

bourbon (or Canadian whiskey) & coke.

that is all.

Old 2010-03-30, 01:12
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
My only complaints are that it suffers from Chris' Mom's biggest issue, that is, its a bit too yeasty, and has the dreaded hints of banana - a fruit that I swear will be, along with all its repulsive ken, exterminated from the Earth when I am finally king.

I recently started to have a thing against bananas. I like them in shakes, and I love banana splits, but just the fruit by itself... the shape, the color, pretty much everything aesthetically I now object.

But that beer looks awesome!

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-04-07, 16:33
blitz906
Okay.

I just got into bourbon recently. I've always been a big fan of scotch and most Canadian whiskey, and some guy I know from Kentucky told me to try bourbon, so I did and fucking loved it. From now on it's scotch first, bourbon second and Canadian whiskey third. I'm not a big fan of Irish whiskey though.

I just tried brandy last night. What a fucking repulsive drink I'll stick to whiskey
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2010-04-19, 21:53
Midnight Empire
Senior Metalhead

Brandy is distilled wine so it's gonna taste very sweet. I love the stuff personally. I haven't been drinking much the past few days but for the record my favorite drink is bourbon. Old Weller makes a killer 107 proof bourbon and that's pretty much been my standby for the past few years. My old lady always gets Gentleman Jack and I don't understand why. It's got no balls too it, just a sweet corn and maple syrup palate.

Quote:

Old 2010-04-20, 12:14
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Ayran + Raki = good stuff

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-04-20, 16:42
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

I'm drinking some Hoegaarden's in Israel...they are a nice large glass too... 0.5L

Old 2010-04-21, 05:15
Midnight Empire
Senior Metalhead

Had a black butte porter, a 1554 and a slingshot pale today. All were pretty decent beers.

Quote:

Old 2010-05-09, 10:09
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Ayran + Raki = good stuff

I'm in Turkey right now and have seen the raki around but it smells like black liquorish and looks like semen. Needless to say, I haven't tried it yet...I'm sticking to the Efes pilsner and Efes dark!

Old 2010-06-08, 19:26
Midnight Empire
Senior Metalhead

Got paid the other day and decided to fill a shopping cart at my local liqour store. I didn't quite achieve that but I came close. Johnny Walker Red Label, Beef Eater, Mr Boston Brandy, Evan Williams White Label, Stroh 80 and a couple others. The Scotch kind of sucks, it's decent but not nearly as good as I'd think it would be. Johnny black and all the others are damned good. This reminded me of any other blended shit scotch. Beef Eater is amazing, I can take shots of it and be pretty easily which is surprising since it's gin. Mixes well with cranberry juice. It's incredibly smooth and is missing the vomitory reflex that cheaper gins can produce. I really dig it. The brandy is pretty good too, nice and cheap, almost a poor man's Jagermeister at 70 proof. It's easy to drink and mixes good with coffee. Evan white, now that's some fine bourbon. Gets you drunk really quick and tastes like fire. I blacked out on some of it a while back, pretty potent stuff. The stroh is the king of rums, at 160 proof it's unimaginable potency will render the most seasoned veterans shitfaced quickly. It tastes just fine too, shots of it are a bit brutal but throw some coke in the mix and it's decent.

Quote:

Old 2010-06-08, 19:41
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quite a load you picked up there! That Stroh rum sounds pretty good, especially if its taste is as fine as you say while holding that high of a proof.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-06-11, 05:32
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Empire
Got paid the other day and decided to fill a shopping cart at my local liqour store. I didn't quite achieve that but I came close. Johnny Walker Red Label, Beef Eater, Mr Boston Brandy, Evan Williams White Label, Stroh 80 and a couple others. The Scotch kind of sucks, it's decent but not nearly as good as I'd think it would be. Johnny black and all the others are damned good. This reminded me of any other blended shit scotch. Beef Eater is amazing, I can take shots of it and be pretty easily which is surprising since it's gin. Mixes well with cranberry juice. It's incredibly smooth and is missing the vomitory reflex that cheaper gins can produce. I really dig it. The brandy is pretty good too, nice and cheap, almost a poor man's Jagermeister at 70 proof. It's easy to drink and mixes good with coffee. Evan white, now that's some fine bourbon. Gets you drunk really quick and tastes like fire. I blacked out on some of it a while back, pretty potent stuff. The stroh is the king of rums, at 160 proof it's unimaginable potency will render the most seasoned veterans shitfaced quickly. It tastes just fine too, shots of it are a bit brutal but throw some coke in the mix and it's decent.

What other gins have you tried?

Old 2010-06-11, 07:20
Dystopia
Post-whore

The other night I had a can plus nearly 3 quarters of a can of Mike's Hard Lemonade. It got me pretty good!

Old 2010-06-21, 09:22
Midnight Empire
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
What other gins have you tried?

Hendricks, Seagrams, Potters(lol),Bombay, Gordons, Death's Door Martin Millers, Blue Ribbon, Zephyr premium reserve etc. Too many to list really. I like to switch it up every time I hit the liqour stores. And apparently I get $100 drink ticked for the next show I play(split between 4 of us) so I'm gonna try anything on tap I haven't had and then see if they have any bourbons or gins I haven't tried. Gin is by far my favorite, I mix it with coke, make bloody marys with it and it especially goes good with grapefruit juice.

I drank a rather large portion of a half gallon of Sailor Jerrys spiced rum with my girlfriend this past weekend. That shit's not half bad with a chaser. Spiced rum is my least favorite but it's still something I get once in a while. I had to cure my hangover with a selection of micro brews the next day. I went for red nectar ale, an orange cream ale, a thing of St Pauli girl(used it mostly for cooking) and a big bottle of Sheaf stout. I prefer better beers but that's what I could find within walking distance.

Quote:

Old 2010-06-21, 13:41
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
St Pauli girl

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-06-21, 18:42
Midnight Empire
Senior Metalhead

It's not that bad, better than pabst of budweiser or something. Plus, for a cartoon the St. Pauli girl is hot. I drink anything from Hamms and cheap malt liqour to micro brews, whatever is around.

Quote:

Old 2010-06-21, 18:59
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
The other night I had a can plus nearly 3 quarters of a can of Mike's Hard Lemonade. It got me pretty good!

How's your vagina doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2010-06-21, 19:30
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
Hendricks, Seagrams, Potters(lol),Bombay, Gordons, Death's Door Martin Millers, Blue Ribbon, Zephyr premium reserve etc. Too many to list really. I like to switch it up every time I hit the liqour stores. And apparently I get $100 drink ticked for the next show I play(split between 4 of us) so I'm gonna try anything on tap I haven't had and then see if they have any bourbons or gins I haven't tried. Gin is by far my favorite, I mix it with coke, make bloody marys with it and it especially goes good with grapefruit juice.

You're probably the only person other than me that mixes their gin with coke. I always get wierd looks from bartenders when I order up a gin and diet.

Old 2010-06-21, 19:43
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

You two are probably the only people that drink gin in a 300 mile radius of each other.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-06-22, 05:40
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
How's your vagina doing?

lmao. I saw his post and was thinking of something to say to him, but then I saw this.

Just finished a 22oz of Blue Moon, good shit Recently hit 21 so i'll be trying out all sorts of different beers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2010-06-22, 19:07
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Blue Moon tastes like old vegetables.

Try out some Duvel or Chemay - those are fucking fantastic.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-06-23, 00:17
The Execrator
Noob lud

Oh god, Duvel! Thank you for reminding me about it

MTM let me try some years ago and I loved it, i'm gunna go try and pick some up right now.

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2010-06-23, 00:28
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Excellent! Fuck me, I'd kill for one right now and a liquor store just up the street sells it.. but I'm too broke at the moment.

That beer seriously develops in taste as it warms up, almost as much as a decent wine does. MMMmmmm
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-06-24, 04:38
The Execrator
Noob lud

I rushed out last night and picked up a 4 pack before the store closed at 9. Walked in the door at 8:52 hahaha. They had a special deal on a 4-pack with a free Duvel glass so I picked that up. Drinking one right now, De-fucking-licious! This ones to you, Dyldo I'd spot ya one if you were in the area, you poor bastard

Quote:

Old 2010-06-24, 13:04
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

I dunno why but I`m on a Kilkenney and Guinness trip. Also Whiskey is a fucking obsession now for me.

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-06-24, 15:02
The Execrator
Noob lud

My father loves Guinness but I can't even make it through a whole can of it. Maybe it's the lack of carbonation? Or maybe i'm of failed Irish descent

I may try out this Chemay stuff next. Never heard of Kilkenney either.

Quote:

Old 2010-06-24, 17:58
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
I rushed out last night and picked up a 4 pack before the store closed at 9. Walked in the door at 8:52 hahaha. They had a special deal on a 4-pack with a free Duvel glass so I picked that up. Drinking one right now, De-fucking-licious! This ones to you, Dyldo I'd spot ya one if you were in the area, you poor bastard

Ah shit, I'm jealous you have a Duvel glass. Many thanks for the beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
My father loves Guinness but I can't even make it through a whole can of it. Maybe it's the lack of carbonation? Or maybe i'm of failed Irish descent

I may try out this Chemay stuff next. Never heard of Kilkenney either.

Have you ever had Guinness on tap? Its a lot better.

You'll love Chemay if you love Duvel.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-06-24, 20:58
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Chimay is a beer you can REALLY sip on. That stuff is beautiful. Now, I know that Miller High-Life has claimed that it is the "champagne of beers," but since we all know that's horse shit I can safely say that Chimay is the actual champagne of beers.

Oh and to further emphasize that it is spelled: Chimay, you ignorant cunts.

MY WEBSITE!

Last edited by JoeYngVai : 2010-06-24 at 21:02.

Old 2010-06-27, 17:02
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

If you get Chimay, get the blue! It is outstanding! The red is good, I think the white is better than the red, but the blue is by far the best in my opinion. It's more expensive and also stronger in alcohol, but the flavor doesn't show the alcohol and it tastes amazing....as long as you don't get some that has been sitting in the heat for a while.

I'm back in Israel right now and the best beer on tap here is Hoegaarden. I love this stuff!

Old 2010-06-29, 02:49
The Execrator
Noob lud

Went to the beverage center before band practice tonight. I was there to pick up some Duvel, but then I saw the Chimay they had right next to it heh. Took your advice and got the Blue. Shits expensive! I'm gunna drink one in a little bit, i'll report back.

Report Back: This beer is Fucking. Delicious.

Quote:

Last edited by The Execrator : 2010-06-29 at 04:26.

Old 2010-06-29, 04:11
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

The Chimay is the same price as a Duvel 'round these here parts.

Finally got paid and all this talk of Chimay and Duvel got me thirsty so I bought the blue Chimay and took it out to drink on my father's boat. That was a fucking treat.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-07-01, 12:49
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

All the Chimay beers, and Duvel are great but if I could drink just one (out of those), it would be the blue every time. I can't wait to get back home and have access to better beer. There is some good beer out here, but most of them are available back in the states. We're in Rhodes, Greece right now...drinking some Erdinger weisbier.

Old 2010-07-01, 23:15
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
All the Chimay beers, and Duvel are great but if I could drink just one (out of those), it would be the blue every time. I can't wait to get back home and have access to better beer. There is some good beer out here, but most of them are available back in the states. We're in Rhodes, Greece right now...drinking some Erdinger weisbier.

Blue would be second for me, with Duvel taking the top slot.

Greece, eh? How is that going with the recent riots and stuff? My father was stationed in Greece for sometime when he was in the Navy and he said, even back then (for reasons I can't remember), that the bus they'd transport them around on would sometimes get stoned by the locals.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-07-02, 02:17
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I dunno. When my husband was in the Navy a long time ago there were a few people getting stoned by locals, but it didn't involve pebbles or anything like that.

Old 2010-07-02, 06:55
The Execrator
Noob lud

I get stoned in the privacy of my own home.

I convinced one of my buddies to go out and buy a bottle of Chimay Blue. He hates dark beer but I had him intrigued enough to try it. And, he loved it haha.

Quote:

Old 2010-07-09, 20:15
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Old 2010-07-09, 20:57
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX

Rejoice. Fucking piss.

Drinking Budlight is like having sex in a canoe. Its fucking close to water.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-07-09, 21:00
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:

meh its only bud light. most frat boys will still have their beer pong games

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2010-07-09, 23:52
Midnight Empire
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
You're probably the only person other than me that mixes their gin with coke. I always get wierd looks from bartenders when I order up a gin and diet.

Must have something to do with liking awesome shredders like Jason Becker. Gin and coke is actually pretty common in England. I don't get it too often but it's better than it sounds. Mixing gin with coke is a pretty standard drink really. I've turned plenty of people on to it...thing is not many people like gin since they assume it's something that can be taken in shot form rather easily or they complain about how it tastes like trees. Gin is a very pleasant spirit with a nice buzz, you just gotta know what to do with it. Aside from Scotch and Whiskey(especially bourbon) gin is my prefered spirit. I even drink it straight from time to time, especially if I have never tried a particular brand.

Getting on the topic of Belgian Ales. I get pissed when people think Belgian equals Blue Moon, which is nothing but an insipid wheat beer with a touch of orange peel and corriander. For a good Belgian ale go with Fantome, St. Bernardus, Chimay, etc. You can't go wrong with those. I'd like to hear more mention of St. Bernardus. Duvel has already been mentioned several times and for good reason. It's easily obtainable and one of the best beers of it's style that can be readily purchased.

The past few days I've been hooked on Rebel Reserve which is fantastic for $20. It's 90.6 proof and very tastey. It actually tastes amazing. I've also been rather fond of a vanilla infused porter from Hop Valley, a local brewery. Fucking amazing, it'slike Young's double chocolate stout had sex with an ice bream sandwhich.

Quote:

Old 2010-07-10, 01:28
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:

Getting on the topic of Belgian Ales. I get pissed when people think Belgian equals Blue Moon, which is nothing but an insipid wheat beer with a touch of orange peel and corriander. For a good Belgian ale go with Fantome, St. Bernardus, Chimay, etc. You can't go wrong with those. I'd like to hear more mention of St. Bernardus. Duvel has already been mentioned several times and for good reason. It's easily obtainable and one of the best beers of it's style that can be readily purchased.
I've also been rather fond of a vanilla infused porter from Hop Valley, a local brewery. Fucking amazing, it'slike Young's double chocolate stout had sex with an ice bream sandwhich.

I'm getting a Duvel tonight as I feel like treating myself. I cannot wait to feel that run down my palate. I've never had that St. Bernardus, but I will be sure to check it out in the next few days.

That porter sounds pretty good. Is it really sweet or just hinted? I'm not a fan of the former.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-07-10, 08:12
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:

Less Bud, more beer

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-08-03, 08:46
deMANUfacture
Supreme Metalhead

bundy rum........woop woop

Old 2010-08-03, 18:01
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Quote:
I'm getting a Duvel tonight as I feel like treating myself. I cannot wait to feel that run down my palate. I've never had that St. Bernardus, but I will be sure to check it out in the next few days.

That porter sounds pretty good. Is it really sweet or just hinted? I'm not a fan of the former.

That St. Bernardus stuff rules, I still like Chimay better than anything though. Steve always buys these Unibroue beers and they're all pretty good too, Trois Pistoles is the name of the one we always get. They all put Duvel to shame.

Old 2010-08-03, 20:09
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
That St. Bernardus stuff rules, I still like Chimay better than anything though. Steve always buys these Unibroue beers and they're all pretty good too, Trois Pistoles is the name of the one we always get. They all put Duvel to shame.

Which Chimay do you like best? There's a bar around here that has a pretty massive beer selection (close to

Whoa, whoa - Duvel to shame? Them's drinking words! Looks like I'll have to go hunting for that tonight. If you're wrong though, I get to have sex with Steve again.

Thanks for reminding me of St. Bernardus, I forgot I needed to try that one too. Shit, I was even at a BevMo yesterday and forgot to look, so, actually, fuck you for not reminding me earlier of something that is my complete responsibility.

Where has Steve been lately? Is he like Tranny now in that he's too good for us or does he spend most of his days scattered in pieces around Central Park?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-08-04, 17:35
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Quote:
Which Chimay do you like best? There's a bar around here that has a pretty massive beer selection (close to

Whoa, whoa - Duvel to shame? Them's drinking words! Looks like I'll have to go hunting for that tonight. If you're wrong though, I get to have sex with Steve again.

Thanks for reminding me of St. Bernardus, I forgot I needed to try that one too. Shit, I was even at a BevMo yesterday and forgot to look, so, actually, fuck you for not reminding me earlier of something that is my complete responsibility.

Where has Steve been lately? Is he like Tranny now in that he's too good for us or does he spend most of his days scattered in pieces around Central Park?

I think the one with the blue label is the one we get, and it's fucking delicious.I think the St. Bernardus one is Abt 12, has a goofy looking jolly dude on the label. Another good beer I've had is Framboise Lambic, but I don't know if that counts because it neither looked nor tasted like beer.

I don't think anyone will ever reach the astronomical coolness levels which prevents Tranny from wheeling on over here. That being said, Steve is around and even checks the forum on a regular basis he just doesn't post often. See if you can't lure him back in with car parts, reeboks, and thrash metal tapes.

Old 2010-08-04, 18:36
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
I think the one with the blue label is the one we get, and it's fucking delicious.I think the St. Bernardus one is Abt 12, has a goofy looking jolly dude on the label. Another good beer I've had is Framboise Lambic, but I don't know if that counts because it neither looked nor tasted like beer.

I don't think anyone will ever reach the astronomical coolness levels which prevents Tranny from wheeling on over here. That being said, Steve is around and even checks the forum on a regular basis he just doesn't post often. See if you can't lure him back in with car parts, reeboks, and thrash metal tapes.

Yeah, the blue label, whatever it's real name is, is also my favorite at the moment. Abt 12, noted. Didn't get a chance to run to the liquor store yesterday but I hope to after work. I find Framboise Lambic quite disgusting after 2-3 sips. Way too sweet for me.

Hahaha, oh man. You've met him, right? I'm assuming so being that Steve knows him in the real world. Poor guy. I figured my best bet was to tie you to some railroad tracks and watch him race against time to save you. See picture.

Yeah... I really don't have much to do at work today. Also, I can't decide if that's a rope someone has tied you down with, or if someone has taken a shit all over your torso.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trainfuck.JPG (29.9 KB, 26 views)
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-08-04, 19:59
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Old 2010-08-04, 21:54
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Oh, no! Wait! The plot thickens!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg supertrainfuck.JPG (91.2 KB, 27 views)
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-08-04, 22:08
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I just can't bring myself to read up on this thread to catch up and participate.

all the posts are sooo long. ahh

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2010-08-05, 13:59
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Quote:
Oh, no! Wait! The plot thickens!

fucking extreme!!!

Old 2010-08-05, 14:08
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Yeah Dyldo, you always have to go TOO FAR. C'mon Dame, let's get outta here.

Old 2010-08-05, 18:08
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Yeah Dyldo, you always have to go TOO FAR. C'mon Dame, let's get outta here.

Ah, SHIT.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-08-09, 04:54
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

That St. Bernardus Abt 12 is the shit! Easily in my top 5...I think it's in the top 3 on both beer advocate and rate beer or whatever the other one is called. Dyldo you'll love it if you enjoyed the Chimay blue. It's even better.

Finally back in the states after 7 months of deployment and I gotta say I am happy as hell to be back! Drinking all kinds of good beers you just can't get across the pond.

Old 2010-08-09, 10:01
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Actually got a really nice drunk from Bacardi Limon and Charles Shaw, totally no negative effects that are usually associated with drunkenness. Had 7 shots and 2 small glasses of wine, and somehow I spaced it out to make the perfect "high" from alcohol.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-08-09, 18:50
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Absolut Vodka rules. Especially the black one

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-08-10, 00:19
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Quote:
That St. Bernardus Abt 12 is the shit! Easily in my top 5...I think it's in the top 3 on both beer advocate and rate beer or whatever the other one is called. Dyldo you'll love it if you enjoyed the Chimay blue. It's even better.

Finally back in the states after 7 months of deployment and I gotta say I am happy as hell to be back! Drinking all kinds of good beers you just can't get across the pond.

welcome home, graf.

I haven't really been drinking too heavily but I did get a chance to try the new Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale. It's really delicious.

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2010-08-11, 16:15
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

WOOOHOOOOO
A buddy of mine just gifted me with a bottle of Russian Standard Platinum, another vodka imported from Poland and a 1litre bottle of Sagatiba Pura.

R.I.P moe

Last edited by Gomli : 2010-08-12 at 10:26.

Old 2010-08-11, 21:14
Requiem
Post-whore

Found a store in town that has a little more variety. Which of these is recommended?

Honey Moon Summer Ale
Sierra Blanca Roswell Alien Amber Ale
Xingu Black Beer

Old 2010-08-11, 22:02
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

Well I can tell you that if you weren't impressed with Blue Moon, then Honey Moon won't be good at all. The other two I don't know about, so that's my two cents.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2010-08-12, 04:34
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Xingu I had once a few years ago, I don't remember it being great but I also don't remember thinking it was bad. Give it a try. Haven't had the other two, but Joe is probably right in his thinking that if you will probably find it to be somewhere around as good as blue moon. I haven't had that one myself.

Old 2010-08-13, 00:09
Requiem
Post-whore

I enjoy Blue Moon, especially the seasonal beer for the fall. You're probably confusing me with someone else lol.

Old 2010-08-13, 01:05
Midnight Empire
Senior Metalhead

St Bernardus is an amazing brewery. Everything I have had from them is amazing. I still have to say that Three Floyds makes the worlds best beer that is somewhat easy to obtain. Dark Lord Imperial Stout. It fetches a high price tag at about $60 a bottle but it's worth it.

Quote:

Old 2010-09-24, 22:23
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-09-24, 22:46
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
13 shots of Jack Daniels costs 793 quid?? Is it injected into Natalie Portman's twat, sloshed around a little, and then squirted directly into your mouth? Oh, it's in Norwegian currency...fuck, the exchange rates must be mental *checks* haha shit, £1 = almost 10 Norwegian Kroners. Hold on...793 Kroners is still about £79.30! For 13 shots?? They saw those old metaller bastards coming.

Anyone every tried poitín? I was tempted to make a batch just so that I could tick off the last item on my big list of stereotypes. Not sure if my plastic bathtub could handle it, though.

Old 2010-09-24, 22:54
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Booze in Norway, and Scandinavia in general, is really fucking expensive. They know how to pre-game.

Never heard of poitin, but it looks like general potatoe whiskey. Is it still made much in Ireland?

Traditionally distilled from malted barley grain or potatoes, it is one of the strongest alcoholic beverages in the world (renowned for its ability to get the drinker intoxicated the morning after drinking it by drinking water and thereby bringing the remaining ethanol back into solution), and for centuries was classified as illegal in Ireland.

THAT!

IS!

FUCKING!

AWESOME!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2010-09-24 at 22:57.

Old 2010-09-24, 23:08
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Stereotypes are almost always accurate, my friend.

Poitín is something I'd like to try just for the...well, "experience". It'd probably be an added prelude to my suicide at age 50 (possibly 60 if I can still shit without first consulting my GP), assuming the poitín doesn't do the job for me. On the bright side it'll make the embalmer's job a lot easier.

Old 2010-09-24, 23:16
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Or when you finally do die from it (and I'm counting the days), your family could make a stew out of you to serve at the wake and make the need for any alcoholic beverage obsolete.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-09-24, 23:47
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

They could keep me bound in a hemp sack and rent me out to the swimming pool every other day for a dipping, thus circumventing the need for chlorine. Actually, they could do that now - I don't drink, but I've got enough penicillin running through my veins to eradicate AIDS. Fair point actually; I should be getting free entry to the swimmin pool! Not that it'd be much use to a fat shut-in, but there's a principle at stake goddammit.

Dylan, when you first drank a beer (or any other alcohol that wasn't watered down with fizzy soda) did you like it?

Old 2010-09-24, 23:57
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Or they could turn your body into some kind of gas and use it as a biological weapon. Or they could something something.

When I first tried booze, it was Vodka and I literally spat it out everywhere. It also didn't help that I took a huge gulp expecting to take it like a man. I actually drank alone the first time I got drunk. I was maybe 15 at the time and my parents were out for the day. I remember being bored and watching Kids In The Hall and I just suddenly thought "You know what, I'm gonna get drunk right now, I bet it feels awesome" so I marched over to the liquor cabinet and proceeded to chug a pretty dangerous amount for a first timer, not knowing at all what constituted as "enough to bring on a near-death experience". I don't remember much after that except running around the house, tuning my guitar to drop Z, listening to metal, and repeatedly calling some chick's house and leaving obscene grunting messages on her machine. When my parents came home I told them I had food poisoning.

Did you? I doubt many people start drinking for the taste, maybe save for wine. It is something you have to develop a palate for.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2010-09-24 at 23:59.

Old 2010-09-25, 10:43
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:

If they were there with only the band members, these guys are just one big liver.
No shit I went into a club yesterday to hang out and "dance" with some friends.
ALCOHOL BABY ALCOHOL. I love being intoxicated, don`t ask me why.
And a combination of Rum and Whiskey in one jar is actually pretty good

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-09-25, 11:59
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Did you? I doubt many people start drinking for the taste, maybe save for wine. It is something you have to develop a palate for.
I first got drunk at age 11 (damn you stereotypes!) during the summer between primary school and secondary/high school, but I chose cider as my poison because it was dirt cheap. I got an older guy from my street to get it for me, and a few of my friends and my younger brother watched me drink it, although I wasn't doing it for their amusement you understand I loved apple soda, and I couldn't taste any difference between the two, so I chugged a litre without thinking much about it. Surprisingly I didn't have any problems, so it was the first of many. Eventually one of my mates started drinking with me, and he was drinking Miller. I tried some of his and thought it tasted like piss, but when I had been drinking cider for half an hour or so I could drink it without tasting it haha, which to me kinda defeats the purpose. I eventually got sick of cider, so much so that the smell of it still makes me feel queasy to this day.

I can't remember a hell of a lot about that first time though, but I know that I went to see my older brother that night when he was "retailing pharmaceuticals" and hung around there for a while, watching the customers come and go. The rest of the guys had all gone home at that stage, so I was just wandering around alone like a homeless man's dog haha.

I started drinking Vodka a few years later, but I had to water it down with mixers just to stop myself gagging on its horrid taste. Same with Jack Daniels. It was around that time, when I was about 16 or 17, that I realised I hated the taste of pretty much all alcohol and that mixing it to the point where you can't taste it is completely pointless unless your only goal is to get drunk, I didn't much enjoy the feeling of drunkenness or spending time with other drunk folk and I didn't enjoy paying for the privilege. I never had a drink problem or anything, when I drank it was only on Friday or Saturday nights, and it didn't and doesn't take much for me to get completely wasted so I could only drink small amounts anyway haha. I'm saying this because people's first reaction when I tell them I don't drink, but that I used to drink, is one of a sympathetic "ahhh...". They either think I was an alcoholic or that I was the sort of person who gets violent or abusive when drunk. I'm not nearly as interesting as that.

Developing a palate for things which require it is worth doing because it generally results in a deeper enjoyment/appreciation of whatever it is you're training yourself to like, but I gave alcohol more than enough time to work its way into my mouth-meat and it never quite made it. I just don't think it's my thang.

I loved your story; you immediately started acting like the typical drinker, leaving dodgy messages on a woman's answering machine and everything hahaha

Old 2010-09-25, 18:57
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Haha, I didn't have cider until I was 18 and in Spain. I was at some bar and saw Strongbow and having never seen it before I asked the bartender what it was and he (who was Irish) said "Ah. That's the shit you drink when you're in primary school and don't like the taste of beer. Really sweet. I get sick from just thinking about it nowadays because of how much I used to drink it." I guess its a right of passage for you guys! I did try some, and it was pretty tasty, even if I couldn't drink more than half of it because it was a bit on the sweet side.

So having a little drunk kid around him didn't hurt his sales? I always make my whores get a baby-sitter because a good majority of my clients do get a little perturbed re-routing a rectum with the girl's 2-year old a few feet away in his crib. I guess it could be a special attraction. Charge 'em extra if they want a little kid to watch.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2010-09-25, 19:25
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Haha, I didn't have cider until I was 18 and in Spain. I was at some bar and saw Strongbow and having never seen it before I asked the bartender what it was and he (who was Irish) said "Ah. That's the shit you drink when you're in primary school and don't like the taste of beer. Really sweet. I get sick from just thinking about it nowadays because of how much I used to drink it." I guess its a right of passage for you guys! I did try some, and it was pretty tasty, even if I couldn't drink more than half of it because it was a bit on the sweet side.
Hahaha fucking hell, is that true or are you just pulling my well-toned leg? It's fucking frightening if it's for realses.

I've never had Strongbow, but it's one of the most popular ciders here unless you're a penniless alcoholic or a kid. I first started on Olde English (it was about £1.50 for a litre bottle, can't go wrong) but I soon upgraded to a stronger and slightly less sweet-tasting one, the name of which escapes me...

My brother likes Magner's, which I believe is an Irish cider. My sister-in-law drinks (or used to drink) pear cider, which I've never tried. I think I'd like to try it at least once, it sounds like it'd be tasty.

Quote:
So having a little drunk kid around him didn't hurt his sales? I always make my whores get a baby-sitter because a good majority of my clients do get a little perturbed re-routing a rectum with the girl's 2-year old a few feet away in his crib. I guess it could be a special attraction. Charge 'em extra if they want a little kid to watch.
Haha nah, there were more kids crowding around the drug dealers than adults, plus I think it's infinitely more interesting to a kid to be near crime/criminals, plus they make good look-outs and runarounds. There's not much else to do here since the council demolished the parks in the 80s. Man, I still miss those blue monkey bars.

Hmmm, The Blue Monkey bar and grill. Sounds like it could work! Well, if you're into cocktails and bathroom man-rape, that is.