MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2001-08-21, 18:19
Apocalyptic
New Blood

Children Of Bodom, Emperor, BLACK METAL

Hey
I was just wondering if any of you guys like Children Of Bodom, Emperor, Napalm Death (for you people that use to be at the ND message board, this is bumbklat3), Night IN Gales, Dissection? Children oF Bodom, i know Hatebreeder, Something Wild, and Follow The Reaper like the back of my hand. Ive listened to each atleast 200 times all the way through. Ive even listened to the Inearthed demos about 75 times. Emperor, Anthems To The Welkin at Dusk, IX Equilibrium, In The Nightside Eclipse, those are probably in a way my favorite 3 cds of all time. If you are a fan of Emperor, listen to classical music. It makes those CDs much better, because it is in some what classical form, so its funner to study and know when instruments come in. I remember the first time i heard Anthems. all i could think is CHAOTIC, but now its just beautiful! So complex, and ihsahn is by far my favorite music writer (other then Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart, ect). Napalm Death, well, ive been liking them for years. Just about all there releases are good. Also, any of you like black metal alot? man, i love Mayhem. Hellhammer is god at drums, Maniac is awesome vocals. Grand Decloration of War is won of the most complex cds ive ever heard. Also there past makes them more interesting. Darkthrone the same, and Immortal, Satyricon, ect. well, cya

Old 2001-08-21, 20:07
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Location: Vocation: What's the difference? I'm not telling you anything about me!
Re: Children Of Bodom, Emperor, BLACK METAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalyptic
Hey
I was just wondering if any of you guys like Children Of Bodom, Emperor, Napalm Death (for you people that use to be at the ND message board, this is bumbklat3), Night IN Gales, Dissection? Children oF Bodom, i know Hatebreeder, Something Wild, and Follow The Reaper like the back of my hand. Ive listened to each atleast 200 times all the way through. Ive even listened to the Inearthed demos about 75 times. Emperor, Anthems To The Welkin at Dusk, IX Equilibrium, In The Nightside Eclipse, those are probably in a way my favorite 3 cds of all time. If you are a fan of Emperor, listen to classical music. It makes those CDs much better, because it is in some what classical form, so its funner to study and know when instruments come in. I remember the first time i heard Anthems. all i could think is CHAOTIC, but now its just beautiful! So complex, and ihsahn is by far my favorite music writer (other then Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart, ect). Napalm Death, well, ive been liking them for years. Just about all there releases are good. Also, any of you like black metal alot? man, i love Mayhem. Hellhammer is god at drums, Maniac is awesome vocals. Grand Decloration of War is won of the most complex cds ive ever heard. Also there past makes them more interesting. Darkthrone the same, and Immortal, Satyricon, ect. well, cya

Yeah, Emperor do bring a lot of neo-classical aspects to the black metal table. They are amazing. May I reccomend Symphony X? They are progressive metal but have quite a bit of neo-classicalism in their music. Isn't Hellhammer the drummer for Covenant right now? I would go look upstairs in the booklet,but I am too lazy. I think Nagash (bassist from Dimmu Borgir) is the vocalist/bassist for Covenant as well. I think it is the same guy.

Peace it....

Old 2001-08-21, 21:18

oh great,wannabe got here first,why am i knot suprised (you pest)

Apocalyptic-i listen to one of the bands you listen as black metal..Dark Throne
i also listen to these B. Metal bands:
Viking Crown,Witchery,1349,Christ Inversion,KILLPLOT,Assuck,Marduk,St. Vitus,Vile,Grey Skies Fallen,Eternal Suffering,Amicuss,Immortalizationism.

Listen to any of those?

Old 2001-08-21, 22:46
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Location: Vocation: What's the difference? I'm not telling you anything about me!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dude
oh great,wannabe got here first,why am i knot suprised (you pest)

Lmao! You are so fucking ridiculous, it's overwhelming. Don't try and dissuade me to believe your age is anything above 5. Did you want me to wait on you to sound dumb before I respond with something worthwhile? Go play with your Yo-Yo.

Old 2001-08-21, 23:42

no,your a fucking pest thats everywhere all the time to piss people off.like your doing now.
what does anything have to do with a fucking yo-yo,you fuckin irish munk.

Old 2001-08-22, 03:17
pan_fuckin_tera
New Blood

Children of Bodom-Bed of Razors........WOW...great song
Don't end up like others the same song and dance

Old 2001-08-22, 04:38
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by Dude
no,your a fucking pest thats everywhere all the time to piss people off.like your doing now.
what does anything have to do with a fucking yo-yo,you fuckin irish munk.

*sighs* You're too dumb to even bother with a legitimate response anymore. Yo-yo is is a play on your childish antics, Ace....

Old 2001-08-22, 14:26
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

CoB - one of my favourites!

Other classically influenced/involved bands - Rage, Nightwish, Sinergy, Opeth, Trans-Siberian Orchestra... some are more like CoB than others, and some are more influenced than others. Look up the Malmsteen Symphony if you want excellent guitar/classical crossover.

Other bands with that nice chunky sound and just plain bands I like - Soilwork, Pissing Razors, Amon Amarth, Darkane, Jungle Rot...

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2001-08-22, 14:38
Katham
I dont believe in gravity
Alumni Staff

Re: Children Of Bodom, Emperor, BLACK METAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalyptic
(for you people that use to be at the ND message board, this is bumbklat3)

Whoa, cheers, mate, welcome to the new forums .

Atifman wrote: 'Katham is from Hungary, hö?'

Godflesh is good.

Old 2001-08-22, 21:04
Disciple
Senior Metalhead
Alumni Staff

I used to not like blackmetal,but after years of concert going and seeing almost all of them ,I must admit that I quite enjoy some of them,for example Dimmu Borgir,Immortal or Behemoth.

Old 2001-08-29, 22:03
Stormrider12
New Blood

Alexi Laiho and Bodom are amazing. They deserve more respect.

Old 2001-08-31, 02:45
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

... and they get plenty, but not in Australia (and probably not in the US either).

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2001-09-16, 00:32

ummm, Children of Bodom are the best. Their songwriter is a genius. The way you puts everything together, guitars drums keyboards, is just amazing. Also the speed some of these things are played at hurt my brain to try to keep up with each and tell them apart from one another. Isahn is a great composer too though, but I think the CoB composer is probably one of the best ever.

Old 2001-09-16, 00:37

I am from the US and I hate the only way I could hate more people is if I moved to a new county I swear..... I listen to this more sophisticated music like CoB and I hear that some people hate it because "its too soft I like linkin park and slipknot" so one thing that I must say is they are both homo-erotic fagtacular untallented rampant sodomization of men artists who like to hang out at gay bars wearing pink pants and telling everyone they are very manly. damn I hate everything to come to USA mainstream. I hate almost everyone in the USA. I have no friends because I just hate everyone in the US. I respect and like these tallented europeon bands though.

Old 2001-09-17, 22:00
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Children of Bodom are fucking nuts! I am moving to Norway!

Old 2001-09-17, 22:05
6MORBID6ANGEL6

Norway's cool.

Monterey is better though

Old 2001-09-21, 16:04
Katham
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by IHateMainstream
I am from the US and I hate the only way I could hate more people is if I moved to a new county I swear..... I listen to this more sophisticated music like CoB and I hear that some people hate it because "its too soft I like linkin park and slipknot" so one thing that I must say is they are both homo-erotic fagtacular untallented rampant sodomization of men artists who like to hang out at gay bars wearing pink pants and telling everyone they are very manly. damn I hate everything to come to USA mainstream. I hate almost everyone in the USA. I have no friends because I just hate everyone in the US. I respect and like these tallented europeon bands though.

First I thought, someone was parodising you...

Then I recognized you did post that actually...

Godflesh is good.

Old 2001-09-21, 22:14
Stormrider12
New Blood

Quote:
Originally posted by wannabe
Children of Bodom are fucking nuts! I am moving to Norway!

Isn't CoB from Finland?

Old 2001-09-23, 00:16
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormrider12

Isn't CoB from Finland?

uhhhhhhh maybe. I dunno..one of those Scandanavian regions, anyway.

Old 2001-09-25, 15:22
Kiniric
Metalhead

Yes, CoB is from Finland. Every member is. The Scandinavian area is the place that releases all of the best music, though here in the states everyone is some mainstream poser, slipknot for example posing to be violent.

-IHateMainstream has returned

Old 2001-09-26, 04:30
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiniric
Yes, CoB is from Finland. Every member is. The Scandinavian area is the place that releases all of the best music, though here in the states everyone is some mainstream poser, slipknot for example posing to be violent.

-IHateMainstream has returned

What, everyone?

Old 2001-09-26, 18:23
Kiniric
Metalhead

Alright, I am not sure what you meant by "Everyone" as in CoB from finland (which every band member is from Finland) or me saying everyone here in the states is a mainstream poser. Me saying "everyone" means 99.9999% of the people in the states, not figuritavly every single person. As I am in the states and am like I am, but almost every single person in the states listens to one another and likes what one another likes and never insults anything because they want to be popular and have everyone like them.

-Kiniric, contributing to world hate

Old 2001-09-26, 19:33
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Alright, I am not sure what you meant by "Everyone" as in CoB from finland (which every band member is from Finland) or me saying everyone here in the states is a mainstream poser. Me saying "everyone" means 99.9999% of the people in the states, not figuritavly every single person. As I am in the states and am like I am, but almost every single person in the states listens to one another and likes what one another likes and never insults anything because they want to be popular and have everyone like them.

-Kiniric, contributing to world hate

That's not completely true. You just may be the loser who hangs out by himself at school...so you feel this way to build self-esteem and have some value of your self-worth. Ps. Don't hurt me please.

Old 2001-09-26, 19:44
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Strange...although I know a lot of people that do fit into your categories of mainstream people, I know many that also don't. And I agree with wannabe, Kiniric, it seems like you're the type of person who tries to hate everything because of unacceptance or not fitting in for whatever reason...the world has enough hate, contribute something that will actually make a difference, or even be worthwhile.

Old 2001-10-01, 12:07
Kiniric
Metalhead

Thats kind of odd to view me like that, if you really saw me you would think I was a normal person and might not even guess I listen to metal, but gothtastic people are just stupid, gothic people are homos who try to act evil and pose around everywhere, the world never rejected me, it still holds me dear....

Old 2001-10-01, 16:41
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Quote:
the world never rejected me, it still holds me dear....

So why did you reject the world?

I know lots of gothic people who aren't stupid and dumb as you say, they're very nice, they all have they're own taste in music, and some of them really do keep with their beliefs in evil.
Justice the founder of my fabric moved
To rear me was the task of power divine
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

Against the concert of the Immortals he cannot stand alone.

Old 2001-10-02, 12:55
Kiniric
Metalhead

Well, I have no belief in evil or good, I am an atheist. The masses of people in the world just piss me off to no extent.

Old 2001-10-02, 13:04
Kiniric
Metalhead

Oh yeah, and besides most gothic people just being somplete idiots I don't have too much against them, besides listening to mainstream and thinking they are cool and looking like fags.....

Old 2001-10-02, 16:59
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I think a lot of gothic people are quite original and the way they dress is a reflection of their lifestyles and music tastes and beliefs. It is true there are many that do it just for attention, but the ones i'm talking about are the true gothic people who don't care what others think, and don't look for attention, they do whatever they do for themselves.

Old 2001-10-02, 19:28
Kiniric
Metalhead

I'll try not to drone on here, but you see "goth" origionated with black metal. Black metal was created by the band Bathory who was lead by Quorthon. That started goth. In the beggining these concerts were screwed up as all hell as I understand. The crowd would stand dead still while he band played on stage. Then razors would be thrown out into the crowd and people would stand still and cut themselves, which is quite stupid if you think about it. I've been cut with a razor and these cuts don't stop bleeding....so I am guessing everyone just passed out from blood loss at some point....

Goth is mainstream now, the fake goth anyway.

Old 2001-10-02, 19:37
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Alright....when i talk about the "non-fake goths" or "real goths" i don't mean people who cut themselves in concerts.....that's just plain stupid. What i mean by goths is exactly what i said in my previous posts.
Now i don't really care to argue anymore, cause i don't see a point to it anymore. So.....in conclusion, don't hate a whole group of people because of a couple of stupid individuals....hate only those individuals, and leave the rest of the group alone until you know every single one of them.

Old 2001-10-02, 19:41
Kiniric
Metalhead

A couple of stupid individuals?? I know like one goth person who isn't stupid and I really don't like about 40 of them. The ones who did cut themselves in concerts were the real ones, and though cutting yourself like that is really stupid they were the origionals and no now-a-days fake posers who try scare people and act tough because they look similar to those twacked-out people.

Old 2001-10-02, 19:44
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

alright whatever......

Old 2001-10-03, 00:56
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
I'll try not to drone on here, but you see "goth" origionated with black metal. Black metal was created by the band Bathory who was lead by Quorthon. That started goth. In the beggining these concerts were screwed up as all hell as I understand. The crowd would stand dead still while he band played on stage. Then razors would be thrown out into the crowd and people would stand still and cut themselves, which is quite stupid if you think about it. I've been cut with a razor and these cuts don't stop bleeding....so I am guessing everyone just passed out from blood loss at some point....

Goth is mainstream now, the fake goth anyway.

Sorry buddy, but you're wrong. Memnoch is has got the right idea. Goth actually started with The Doors (they messed with it). Goth is not metal, Ace. It is a sub-form of it, but definately not goth. If you ever relate that again, I might kill you. Once again I give you www.deathrock.com. Here are some goth bands. You might want to check out Voodoo Church, Cenema Strange, T.s.o.l., UK Decay, Kommunity FK and shit like that. Those are goth bands. They are not evil and poserish, bubba. They are gloomy and droning..like their music..wow! see how that's relative?! You are a prep..admit it. It's ok. You don't have to be different now. You hang with me.

Old 2001-10-03, 02:02
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

YES! exactly what he said!!
thanks wannabe.

Old 2001-10-03, 14:02
Kiniric
Metalhead

I admit I have no real idea where "goth" origionated but I do know where black metal first came from and that is sweden. I guess its just them that got the largest goth following in the begginning but now goth is just a pose.

Old 2001-10-04, 02:25
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
but now goth is just a pose.

The kids at school are just trying to get attention, those aren't really goths...just to let you know. And the music is not poserish b/c it nowhere close to mainstream. It sucks quite frankly. Why do I listen to some of it? Don't know, really. It's not popular at all though. They're pretty freaky-looking people.

Old 2001-10-04, 02:26
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch
YES! exactly what he said!!
thanks wannabe.

You're Welcome!

Old 2001-10-04, 02:39
Kiniric
Metalhead

HA! it is popular shit like static-x rob zombie marlyn manson cradle of filth dope and shit like that those "pretent to be tough and freakish" people listen to.

Old 2001-10-04, 02:45
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I don't consider Rob Zombie, Static-x, Marilyn M, and other related bands gothic at all.......they're just mainstream garbage bands that try to get as much attention as possible. All these stupid bands sing about is killing jesus, which gets the media's attention, and all of a sudden they're on every cover of every magazine you could think of. (not literally speaking of course)

Cradle, however popular, isn't mainstream. They're popular because lots of people like them. And people like them because they are good. Cradle is very gothic, they're lyrics are brilliant and well chosen, the words seem like something from the 18th century sometimes. That is true gothic.

So.....from your standards, we should NOT listen to anything that is popular....meaning, listen only to the shittiest music you could ever find, cause no one would like it, hence it would stay underground and not popular. Right?

Old 2001-10-04, 02:48
Kiniric
Metalhead

What I say is don't follow anyone, cradle is popular enough to be mainstream, you can buy their CD in a local store everyone store that sells CDs, CD stores anyway. I happen to like CoF. If you like older speaking in lyrics listen to Emperor, their instrumentals are great too....

Old 2001-10-04, 18:45
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
I don't consider Rob Zombie, Static-x, Marilyn M, and other related bands gothic at all.......they're just mainstream garbage bands that try to get as much attention as possible. All these stupid bands sing about is killing jesus, which gets the media's attention, and all of a sudden they're on every cover of every magazine you could think of. (not literally speaking of course)

Cradle, however popular, isn't mainstream. They're popular because lots of people like them. And people like them because they are good. Cradle is very gothic, they're lyrics are brilliant and well chosen, the words seem like something from the 18th century sometimes. That is true gothic.

So.....from your standards, we should NOT listen to anything that is popular....meaning, listen only to the shittiest music you could ever find, cause no one would like it, hence it would stay underground and not popular. Right?

Ok. That's cool. But I disagree with one point. Cradle of Filth is not gothic at all. It's Black Metal. It is underground though. Just more people are picking up on them right now. Goth music (just Goth..that's it) is not metal in any form. I gave you guys the site. Check it out. I think all Death and Black metal is for shock value. None of it is real. Dani (or whoever writes) just is a bit creative, and tries to sound scary. It is pretty scary though. But they are a joke to the Black Metal comm.

Kirinic- where in the hell did you come up with Static X and MM for anything? Did the voice in your head whisper it to you? ()

Old 2001-10-04, 19:04
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I guess you're right about Cradle not being real Goth......but some aspects of them reflect modern day gothicness. Like the black leather clothing, dark anything........but i think it's true, that the real Goth music is in the sad depressing Doom metal type stuff, or that site u mentionned.

Old 2001-10-04, 19:32
Kiniric
Metalhead

MM and static-x are popular among the "freaks" I guess I will call them homos. CoF are black metal. Bathory created black metal and Darkthrone revived black metal so blame them for black metal stuff if you have any reason to point at black metal. In the begginning lots of people actually believed this shit, I think.

Old 2001-10-05, 00:12
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Cradle of Filth wear leather? And?..........

Look, if you want gothicinism, you want me!

Old 2001-10-05, 02:59
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I just meant the way they dress reflects modern day goth style.....

Old 2001-10-05, 16:26
Kiniric
Metalhead

Has anyone heard of Gorgoroth? I like their song "Destroyer" It is quite a song.

Old 2001-10-05, 18:28
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

LOL. Alright, let's get back to Nu-Metal, now.

Why do you (if you do) hate it so much?

And I don't want, "b/c they don't solo or rip a mad tearing riff". If someone says that, I will heartily curse you for being dumb. Unless, that is only what you listen for in music. And if that's so...then don't bother responding. I want valid reasons or just flat out "it doesn't appeal to me". Thanx guys.

Old 2001-10-05, 18:42
Kiniric
Metalhead

It has happy riffs and voices and stuff. I like either darker stuff, like black metal, or heavier stuff, live death metal. Nu-metal is just a bunch of sell-outs that want money and prostitute themselves to the masses of people. Their lyrics are complete shit if you have ever heard any of them. I have listened to one song from (ugh BARF hitting self) linkin park. Their lyrics could have been written by a 10 year old girl that watches mtv and is mad at her parents. yes I did actually listen to one of their songs one time, and I thoughrilly regrett listenning to it.

Old 2001-10-05, 19:12
INVERTED
Pussy Pulverizer
Alumni Staff

Plus Winkin Pawks locals sound like N-SYNC the fagit moans like a little bitch. It sucks!

YOU MUST HAVE BEEN GAY IN A FORMER OR PRESANT LIFE TO LISTEN TO THAT CRAP!

Old 2001-10-05, 19:53
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
It has happy riffs and voices and stuff. I like either darker stuff, like black metal, or heavier stuff, live death metal. Nu-metal is just a bunch of sell-outs that want money and prostitute themselves to the masses of people. Their lyrics are complete shit if you have ever heard any of them. I have listened to one song from (ugh BARF hitting self) linkin park. Their lyrics could have been written by a 10 year old girl that watches mtv and is mad at her parents. yes I did actually listen to one of their songs one time, and I thoughrilly regrett listenning to it.

OK. (rubs hands together in anticipation) Let's compare, shall we? We'll go by your standards. You don't like the "happy" riffs and the voices. As in...the lyrics are distinguishable and the words actually audable. Just making sure, you understood and comprehended what you just wrote. "Their lyrics are complete shit"? As opposed to to what? "I'll rip your head off and rape you you cunt faced whore!" Those are quality lyrics there, let me tell ya? No, a ten year old could write that shit. The lyrics to a lot of NU-Metal is actually meaningful. And kids can Empathize with it. The lyrics are quite unique actually. Yeah al ot of it gets old and cliche, but Death Metal has been like that for as long as I can remember. And does everyone notice how the age of the group who watches MTV gets younger and younger? "The twelve year olds...the ten year olds"...I wonder if they will still be in the womb in the next round. Admit it....you wanted to say they don't solo, and therefore they suck...didn't you?

This is ridiculous.

Old 2001-10-05, 20:05
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Quote:

The lyrics to a lot of NU-Metal is actually meaningful. And kids can Empathize with it. The lyrics are quite unique actually. Yeah al ot of it gets old and cliche, but Death Metal has been like that for as long as I can remember. And does everyone notice how the age of the group who watches MTV gets younger and younger? "The twelve year olds...the ten year olds"...I wonder if they will still be in the womb in the next round.

This is ridiculous.

I bet the majority of their fans ARE in wombs!! hehe, j/k.

But about the lyrics being meaningful.....i agree....somewhat. Not all the lyrics are meaningful, like shit from Limp Bizcrap is horrible, every 2nd word is fuck. But some songs by other bands, maybe 1 out of every 5 songs, has lyrics which today's youth can relate to. Like Korn's song about the girl being raped by her dad. Stuff like that happens a lot today, and if kids see singers singing about it and people of their status who can relate to such horrors, then it makes the kids feel better. I do think the majority of nu-metal type stuff appeals to kids from about 12-15 years old, for the most part. I think at that age the kids like to hear or listen to stuff they can relate to, and know they aren't the only ones going through those hard times....big musicians have also been through it.

Now, as for why i don't like nu-metal. NO SOLOS!!!!!!!!!! Well, not really......i really love Incantation (death metal) and in a few of their songs, there are no solos, and the songs still rule. But other things i don't like about nu-metal is how the bands seem to do anything for money. Each nu-metal type band that comes out releases a cd every year or two, cause they just seem to want to keep making more and more money. Usually the first albums are the best, then because they force themselves (or the writters) to write more music fast, the music's quality goes down a lot.
Another reason is i like heavy sounding music. Maybe 5 years ago when i was starting to like music, i loved stuff like Silverchair and BushX, cause it was "cool" back then. But over the years, my taste in music has gotten heavier and heavier, to a point where anything in standard doesn't appeal to me anymore. I also like the singing in death metal....big growls that immitate power and rage. I'd prefer Corpsegrinder anyday over the Sum41 guy!! But anyways.......i hope that answers your question wannabe....i don't feel like writting anymore!

Old 2001-10-05, 23:00
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

I bet the majority of their fans ARE in wombs!! hehe, j/k.

But about the lyrics being meaningful.....i agree....somewhat. Not all the lyrics are meaningful, like shit from Limp Bizcrap is horrible, every 2nd word is fuck. But some songs by other bands, maybe 1 out of every 5 songs, has lyrics which today's youth can relate to. Like Korn's song about the girl being raped by her dad. Stuff like that happens a lot today, and if kids see singers singing about it and people of their status who can relate to such horrors, then it makes the kids feel better. I do think the majority of nu-metal type stuff appeals to kids from about 12-15 years old, for the most part. I think at that age the kids like to hear or listen to stuff they can relate to, and know they aren't the only ones going through those hard times....big musicians have also been through it.

Now, as for why i don't like nu-metal. NO SOLOS!!!!!!!!!! Well, not really......i really love Incantation (death metal) and in a few of their songs, there are no solos, and the songs still rule. But other things i don't like about nu-metal is how the bands seem to do anything for money. Each nu-metal type band that comes out releases a cd every year or two, cause they just seem to want to keep making more and more money. Usually the first albums are the best, then because they force themselves (or the writters) to write more music fast, the music's quality goes down a lot.
Another reason is i like heavy sounding music. Maybe 5 years ago when i was starting to like music, i loved stuff like Silverchair and BushX, cause it was "cool" back then. But over the years, my taste in music has gotten heavier and heavier, to a point where anything in standard doesn't appeal to me anymore. I also like the singing in death metal....big growls that immitate power and rage. I'd prefer Corpsegrinder anyday over the Sum41 guy!! But anyways.......i hope that answers your question wannabe....i don't feel like writting anymore!

Actually...YES! See, that was great. You backed up your statements with logical info. Finally, someone did what I've been saying for a longest time. See, guys, watch and learn...it isn't that hard. That was well spoken, and windy. I like long statements like that. The ones with some gurth to them usually have a good point. But you do have the occasional longwinded bird dropping post. I hate those. Plus, you added humor and stated your opinion nicely. VERY NICE.

Do I sound like your English teacher yet?

Old 2001-10-05, 23:03
Kiniric
Metalhead

Like Mem I started listening to shit music like 5 years ago. My tastes just got darker and heavier and continued that downward slide. There are plenty of great songs I listen to without solos but none I can think of at the moment (concentrates on eating pizza).

Old 2001-10-05, 23:09
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Quote:

Do I sound like your English teacher yet?

Well.......you do a bit! But it's cool!

Old 2001-10-05, 23:13
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Like Mem I started listening to shit music like 5 years ago. My tastes just got darker and heavier and continued that downward slide. There are plenty of great songs I listen to without solos but none I can think of at the moment (concentrates on eating pizza).

That's pretty bad if you can't think of a song w/o a solo off the top of your head. That means you might have to think outside the realm of metal. OHHHP *covers mouth with hand!* Have I just commited a sin?

Old 2001-10-05, 23:17
Kiniric
Metalhead

Sin? you mean your religous? religous to metal at this place? oh well thats not important. I just don't memorize songs or anything, I just listen to what I think have a nice relaxing sounds for me. Like death metal and black metal, a lot of those artist's music is relaxing to me....

Old 2001-10-05, 23:20
Kiniric
Metalhead

Getting back to black metal, has anyone heard of Gorgoroth?? or has anyone heard of Gehenna or Ancient? I listen to those bands a lot. Cryptic Wintermoon too and a lot of Emperor and Children of Bodom. Some Darkthrone and stuff....just rambling bands off the top of my head here...

Old 2001-10-05, 23:24
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I have heard of some of the bands you mentionned, but have not heard their music.

Old 2001-10-05, 23:33
Kiniric
Metalhead

What I mentioned is just a bunch of black metal shit.

Old 2001-10-06, 03:58
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
What I mentioned is just a bunch of black metal shit.

Yeah, you did. And this is a fucking Nu-Metal therad. If you want to talk about Gorgoroth (which suck beyond recognition), then please decorate the forums with a new thread. But we are not going to talk about that shite in here. Yes, I am religious....in a metal forum *makes sarcastic scary faces* (oooooooooooh ahhhhhhhh, oh no ). I was being facietious in the last post anyway, if you couldn't deduce that. But I assumed you were being "funny" with your comment on religion. Oh, and how can death and black metal be relaxing? That's like a contradiction in the same sentence, almost. Anyway, there is a method to my always endearing madness. So no more Black and/or Death Metal in this thread, nucka!

...ok, peace it......

Last edited by wannabe : 2001-10-06 at 04:02.

Old 2001-10-07, 01:38
Kiniric
Metalhead

Well, Wannabe, you sir, are an idiot. If you actually look at the top of the page and comprehend the words written there it says "children of bodom, emperor BLACK METAL" This is by no means a nu-metal thread, so make sure you post on the right one from now on, ok buddy?

Old 2001-10-07, 03:12
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Well, Wannabe, you sir, are an idiot. If you actually look at the top of the page and comprehend the words written there it says "children of bodom, emperor BLACK METAL" This is by no means a nu-metal thread, so make sure you post on the right one from now on, ok buddy?

*Chris Farley voice* Ahhhhh, yeah, yea. *shakes head like Farley*. My bad, I thought I was in my thread. This is what happens when you are arguing in about four threads, and shit tired, being up all night.

Oh, and if you want to steal some of my "catch phrases", I suggest you do them right. I noticed you already have "you sir", which I so blatently, patoned(ed). Oh, and try to use "ace" instead of "buddy" for the vindictive ending. It sounds catchier. I'm still funnier....and can comprehend better than you. Laterz.

Old 2001-10-07, 18:09
Kiniric
Metalhead

Well wannabe its about time someone took that board out of your ass and used it to hit you over the head. You have catch phrases? I never noticed, I just say what I say.

Old 2001-10-07, 19:45
INVERTED
Pussy Pulverizer
Alumni Staff

Quote:

*Chris Farley voice* Ahhhhh, yeah, yea. *shakes head like Farley*. My bad, I thought I was in my thread. This is what happens when you are arguing in about four threads, and shit tired, being up all night.

Oh, and if you want to steal some of my "catch phrases", I suggest you do them right. I noticed you already have "you sir", which I so blatently, patoned(ed). Oh, and try to use "ace" instead of "buddy" for the vindictive ending. It sounds catchier. I'm still funnier....and can comprehend better than you. Laterz.

Holly shit! You are a fucking FRUIT CAKE!

Go back to your little "Nu Metal Thread" but I dont think any of us will join you there.

See ya, Bubb!

Old 2001-10-07, 22:55
Kiniric
Metalhead

Well that board in wannabe's ass is stuck in there pretty good. Now every knows why he sits half a foot higher than everyone else and likes to go on bumpy truck rides. With him defending nu-metal this is not very suprising and I bet there are those who will agree with me.

Old 2001-10-07, 23:47
INVERTED
Pussy Pulverizer
Alumni Staff

CHEERS!!! Kiniric Lets Rejoice!

Old 2001-10-08, 13:40
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by INVERTED

Holly shit! You are a fucking FRUIT CAKE!

Go back to your little "Nu Metal Thread" but I dont think any of us will join you there.

See ya, Bubb!

Actually, "Bubb", I have a high rating as far as people who have responded to my thread. Do you know why? Nah, you probably wouldn't know. It's b/c we have (for the most part) intelligent conversation. My threads aren't "run of the mill" like everyone elses. If I didn't have threads, then your pathetic life would still be dull and colorless. You should thank me, that you finally got to use the word "fruit cake". I guess I'll "go back to my little Nu-Metal thread" now. (lol, what an ass) I so strangely remember that line from back in the third grade. Wow!

Old 2001-10-08, 13:45
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Well that board in wannabe's ass is stuck in there pretty good. Now every knows why he sits half a foot higher than everyone else and likes to go on bumpy truck rides. With him defending nu-metal this is not very suprising and I bet there are those who will agree with me.

Once again you don't surprise me. There you go with something oriented with the anal cavity again. Please, surprise me every once in a while with a change of topic. You're just too predictable.

Nice line with "foot higher", etc. Did you hurt yourself with that one?

Old 2001-10-08, 14:38
Kiniric
Metalhead

Well, you arent going to see any clearer very soon wannabe. You could use a few hits in the head. Thats usually bad for most people but I think it might do you some good. You are the 10th person out of the rogains 9/10 people grow their hair back. Your skull is becoming too thick for it to allow your hair to get by.

Old 2001-10-08, 15:09
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Well, you arent going to see any clearer very soon wannabe. You could use a few hits in the head. Thats usually bad for most people but I think it might do you some good. You are the 10th person out of the rogains 9/10 people grow their hair back. Your skull is becoming too thick for it to allow your hair to get by.

[font size=20]You Wank!![/size]

you are so not funny.....

Last edited by wannabe : 2001-10-08 at 15:32.

Old 2001-10-09, 03:17
INVERTED
Pussy Pulverizer
Alumni Staff

Quote:

Actually, I have loose little ass guys. It dose'nt matter that I'm A "fruit Cake" its my personality that counts. It's b/c we have (for the most part) intelligent conversation. My threads aren't "run of the mill" like my homosexualality. If I didn't have threads, then my pathetic life would still be dull and colorless. You should thank me, that you finally got to use the word "fruit cake". I guess I'll "go back to my little Nu-Metal thread" now. (and take it in the ass) I so strangely remember that line from back in the third grade. Wow!

YUCK!! Wannabe

Old 2001-10-09, 03:34
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
I am so not funny, it's incredible!

Well, jeese dude, don't be so hard on yourself. Your jokes aren't that bad............

Ps. Actually that was pertty good, I liked that one.

Old 2001-10-09, 19:15
INVERTED
Pussy Pulverizer
Alumni Staff

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wannabe

Well, jeese dude, don't be so hard on yourself. Your jokes aren't that bad............

[/QUOTE

Hey, I'm sorry man. It was just a joke. Nothing personal.

Glad you took it like a man.]

Old 2001-10-09, 20:42
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wannabe

[/QUOTE

Hey, I'm sorry man. It was just a joke. Nothing personal.

Glad you took it like a man.]

Oh, yeah I know dude. I fuck with Sane all the time. Me and him are as good of freinds of anybody on here. I like everybody though. Even good ol' Kirinic. We just have disagreements and even playful farting around. I think sometimes people start to take a joke way too serious, sometimes. I know you were fucking with me..it was a good one too. No offense taken bro.

Ps Even Atifman used to have "Wannabe is a gimp" in his SIG!, but I just laughed. It's all in good fun. (he stole that phrase from me though. I should be the only designated one to use the word "gimp". It's mine, I tell you, mine ).

Old 2001-10-09, 21:15
atifman
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

I didn't steal, i borrowed. i never use that anymore. and it was in my avatar, not my sig........jerk.

Old 2001-10-09, 21:19
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by atifman
I didn't steal, i borrowed. i never use that anymore. and it was in my avatar, not my sig........jerk.

Lol, that's what I meant.

Old 2001-10-10, 19:09
Kiniric
Metalhead

Isn't this whole thing just a joke anyway?

Old 2001-10-10, 19:49
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

What, life? Yes it well could be..... a giant cosmic joke that no-one gets but they laugh anyway because everyone else already aughed and they'd look stupid if they didn't go with it.

(Guess who drank too much tonight)

Old 2001-10-10, 20:04
HeadlessKitty
New Blood

I noticed that there weren't any Children of Bodom bass tabs, so I've been working on tabbing them out for everyone.

Children of Bodom Fucking RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2001-10-10, 22:53
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by far_beyond_sane
What, life? Yes it well could be..... a giant cosmic joke that no-one gets but they laugh anyway because everyone else already aughed and they'd look stupid if they didn't go with it.

(Guess who drank too much tonight)

Quit abusing Granpappy's cough medicine. He'll start to wonder pretty soon..........

Old 2001-10-10, 22:54
wannabe
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by HeadlessKitty
I noticed that there weren't any Children of Bodom bass tabs, so I've been working on tabbing them out for everyone.

Children of Bodom Fucking RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's sweet dude.

By the way, your forum name frightens me.

You been smokin' the white man's crack rock?

Old 2001-10-11, 00:44
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I think the name rules.......hehe, but i also like a lot or odd things.

Old 2001-10-11, 03:11
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:

Quit abusing Granpappy's cough medicine. He'll start to wonder pretty soon..........

You skanky poobag... keep quiet about my habits.

Black metal...... what have I been listening to lately...... not much. Oh, I tell a lie - Anyone else heard of Lord Belial?

Old 2001-10-12, 06:01
HeadlessKitty
New Blood

I thought my name would be most fitting b/c of the irony that I hate dogs and am a total cat lover. Mainly b/c I'm extremely allergic to dogs. Plus, the name HeadlessChicken was already taken. So, I figured a beheaded kitten would be less of a feminine handle.

Hey has anyone seen In Flames live? They fuckin' kick some major ass!!! I've seen 'em twice this year, along with Shadows Fall. It was pretty damn cool, cuz me and my buddies were the only people in the bar who had actually heard of In Flames, so we moshed the hell out!!! I guess they must've liked playing there, cuz they got booked there again a month later.

Oh yeah has anyone heard of Origin? They're a Relapse band from here in Topeka. They also played at the Milwaukee MetalFest, and man they can drink some beer. Check 'em out if ya haven't already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And no, my crack smoking days have been limited since the day of my beheading.

Last edited by HeadlessKitty : 2001-10-12 at 06:07.

Old 2001-10-12, 12:52
Kiniric
Metalhead

How good is Lord Belial? I have heard of them a very long time ago but have not gotten a chance to listen to them yet. I just heard of a new band named Benighted though. I listened to a song of their's and it seems kind of good...

Old 2001-10-13, 17:29
Katham
Alumni Staff

I've got a Relapse sampler, it has some Origin on it.. The drummer makes the whole so fucked up...

Godflesh is good.

Old 2002-09-06, 01:42
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

bump

Old 2002-09-06, 01:52
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

How many fucking Children of Bodom threads do we need?

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.

Old 2002-09-06, 02:16
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Not this many.