MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2004-08-22, 20:01
Redeemer
New Blood

best large pedal multi effects thing

so i'm thinkin for chrostimas i coul;d probably convince my parents to get one of those effects units i don't what to call them but i know theres a variety of them that do alot of diferent things, so i need help deciding which one to get. I like to play all kinds of different bands so i need one that can adjust tuning, and one that has wah.

Old 2004-08-22, 20:03
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Definatly a Digitech GNX3! Has hunderds of effects to mix and match, a digital recording system on it, MIDI output, drum machine, mic-guitar effects, and you can download songs to it and have it slow it down to help tab it out. I have it and I haven't any complants; check it out.

By the way, this should be in Gear.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2004-08-23, 00:48
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Definatly a Digitech GNX3! Has hunderds of effects to mix and match, a digital recording system on it, MIDI output, drum machine, mic-guitar effects, and you can download songs to it and have it slow it down to help tab it out. I have it and I haven't any complants; check it out.

By the way, this should be in Gear.

meh, they do alot, but you have to decide if you want quantity or quality... some have both... but nothing digitech has in a multi fx pedal form. maybe some of their rack gear + a floor boar controller...

i'd say if you must go with a multi fx pedal, go for like a boss gt style one... because they could wipe their asses with any cheap rp300 or gnx whatever...

Old 2004-08-23, 01:23
Jacob
Senior Metalhead

I have the GNX3 and im really happy with it. I plan to sell it in the next month or two.

Old 2004-08-23, 22:07
Mordor
Post-whore

i ve got a boss gt6, and its pretty fucking good cos the effects have good sound quality, u can adjust basicly every setting of every effect, and just shit like that. theirs also quite alot of fairly good distortion settings to choose from if u dont have a good tube amp. anyways get a gt6

Sold my shit, now its time to PARTY!!!!!

Old 2004-08-25, 22:16
Chokehold
Senior Metalhead
Banned

The Korg Toneworks Pandoras Box seems to work nicely

Old 2004-08-31, 17:19
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

I got that BOSS ME-50. It sucks. The effects are OK but the distortion blows. I'm selling it and getting the Digitech GNX3

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2004-08-31, 19:20
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher
I got that BOSS ME-50. It sucks. The effects are OK but the distortion blows. I'm selling it and getting the Digitech GNX3

why???? dude, the boss ME-50 is better..... if you ditch it for another multi fx pedal at least upgrade to like a gt6 or something.

Old 2004-09-08, 01:04
Overmind
Senior Metalhead

I recieved my GNX3 yesterday.

It's normally $1200 here, but I got it for $799. The GT6 in comparison is something like $1300, but can be bought for around $900 if you're lucky. The ME-50 I think is around $699 but can be bought for $499 in some places.

I chose the GNX3 because it's the best pedal for the money. 8-track recorder that can record CD-quality sound, with a SmartMedia card slot to extend playing time. You can record around 12 minutes of CD-quality stereo guitar work with a 128mb card inserted (the Korean cards apparently work best, like Sandisk). Then you can transfer the tracks to PC if you have a card reader.

It has a lot of effects and features which you can research by googling it or going to the digitech website, including an equalizer, compression, noise gate and the standard range of effects, plus a few unique ones. They sound good quality to me, but I'm not an expert. There are 65 factory presets and 65 user-editable presets. You can download presets from the internet too, that people made.

It also has stompbox modelling, which attempts to emulate some existing distortion pedals. I haven't used them yet, but when you've got the effects, stompbox modelling, amp modelling and hypermodelling, you're going to have a wide range of possible sounds.

It has amp and cabinate modelling, which you don't have to use if you just want to use your amp. You can just turn it off. A good feature here is hypermodelling, which allows you to blend two amps together to come up with a unique tone. Then you can blend that amp with another amp, etc, meaning that you can go on forever warping amps together.

It also has a drum machine. I haven't used it yet, but according to other reviews it just plays midi samples. It's not exactly a drum machine, but it's still useful if you want to improve your rythm or something.

It only takes an hour at the most to learn, even if you've never used an fx pedal before. Just read the manual carefully.

It also comes with production software . I haven't installed it yet so I can't comment, but the reviews of it seem to be alright.

I suggest you buy this if you can find a place that discounts it like the store I got it from. They can sell it that cheap when they order in 3 at a time. It's some special deal Digitech is running, I think. I don't know how long it will last.

Old 2004-09-09, 23:14
SixfeetUnder420
Senior Metalhead

the Boss Gt6 is fucking kick ass.