MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2004-08-22, 01:07
Corpsevomit98
Post-whore

PA Amplification (power amp and speakers)

I have a complex question that i really need answered. I am getting a Crown CE2000 power amplifier which delivers 660 watts at 4 ohms. All I really need is speakers. I am thinking about the Peavy PR-10 2-Way 10" Speaker Cab. I need to know if it can handle the low noise projected from a bass tuned down to B, and also the ohms of the speaker if anyone has the knowlege of this It would be great. If this doesnt cut it in your opinion please tell me of other speakers that I could use the are at least under $150.

Old 2004-08-22, 01:49
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsevomit98
I have a complex question that i really need answered. I am getting a Crown CE2000 power amplifier which delivers 660 watts at 4 ohms. All I really need is speakers. I am thinking about the Peavy PR-10 2-Way 10" Speaker Cab. I need to know if it can handle the low noise projected from a bass tuned down to B, and also the ohms of the speaker if anyone has the knowlege of this It would be great. If this doesnt cut it in your opinion please tell me of other speakers that I could use the are at least under $150.

um... a 10" speaker and a horn? taking a 660w load? i'd be hella careful with that... headroom is good, but if you turn that up to much, say "bye bye speaker"....

Old 2004-08-29, 14:44
Corpsevomit98
Post-whore

no im going to get four of them. Does anyone have recomendation on cabs at 4 ohms?