Old 2004-07-26, 05:55
XxpsyopusxX
New Blood

Post btbam or psyopus bass tabs

someone please post some between the buried and me or psyopus bass tabs

Old 2004-07-29, 00:30
omdthrash
Metalhead

this might not be the right forum for those bands, look for something more hardcore oriented...but shit, i'd paymoney for somebody to tab a psyopus song

Old 2004-08-30, 17:59
arpmandude
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by omdthrash
this might not be the right forum for those bands, look for something more hardcore oriented...but shit, i'd paymoney for somebody to tab a psyopus song

How much money? he he he

Old 2004-08-30, 20:28
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Or guitar tabs...if someone dares.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2004-09-05, 07:05
younguitarist
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxpsyopusxX
someone please post some between the buried and me or psyopus bass tabs

heres a vid of BTBAM.You can see the bassist play some parts.

http://www.hobinator.com/BTBAM/Betw...20Aesthetic.wmv

Old 2004-09-06, 23:24
arpmandude
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Or guitar tabs...if someone dares.

I'll give you any PsyOpus riffs but not the whole song, . . . that would take way too much time to type .

Old 2004-09-07, 08:57
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

You're the guy from Psyopus aren't you?

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2004-09-07, 23:05
arpmandude
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
You're the guy from Psyopus aren't you?

Yeah, . . . I waste so much time on the internet when we are at home. We are looking to buy a new van right now. We had two vans terminally break on us in a months amount time.

Last edited by arpmandude : 2004-09-07 at 23:16.

Old 2004-09-08, 07:56
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

That's a hefty dose of bad luck!

Although I haven't heard your band yet (despite recommendations from Darko!), I read about Psyopus in Terrorizer this month. Sounded good from what the journalist wrote.

Old 2004-09-10, 14:56
arpmandude
New Blood

Quote:
That's a hefty dose of bad luck!

Although I haven't heard your band yet (despite recommendations from Darko!), I read about Psyopus in Terrorizer this month. Sounded good from what the journalist wrote.

Awesome! I haven't got to get my hands on this months Terrorizer yet. I'd like to read how it came out. We are also in this months Decidel, there's a review in Metal Maniacs, and we are listed in AP's "Top 10 Math Metal Essentials". I think I might go get that Terrorizer now! Shitty thing is we aren't touring right now to follow the promotion.

Old 2004-09-10, 14:58
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I can reproduce the article and PM it to you if you like? It's pretty good, very positive.

Old 2004-09-10, 16:24
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Post it here. I wanna see.

Old 2004-09-10, 18:55
arpmandude
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
Post it here. I wanna see.

I would really appreciate it if you could post that up here. I would like to read it!

Old 2004-09-11, 20:42
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

OK, here's Kevin Stewart-Panko's Terrorizer article that I promised:

PSYOPUS

FRET-FLAILING MENTALISTS SAVED FROM A LIFE OF DURST

Presently, when Rochester, NY's Psyopus get discussed, people immediately gravitate to one of three topics. One, the over-the-top tech-metal of their debut album, 'Ideas Of Reference', and two, the mathematician-in-a-blender eight-finger tapping technique of guitarist Christopher Arp, are obviously related. As for the third... you'll just have to keep reading. Psyopus is the brainchild of the previously unknown Arp, who searched two and a half years for musicians dedicated to a mix of perplexing dissonance, tension and tempo fuckology, and flash-handed technicality. While the focus has been on Arp's spasmodic style, he's quick to praise his bandmates, which include ex-members of Kalibas, Inertia and Hate Machine.

"Some reviews I've read have been saying that the other guys in the band are 'keeping up with me' or whatever, but this band would be nothing without them. This may be my first real band, but this isn't the first group of people I've played with and seldom does a day go by I don't appreciate the people I'm working with. Our drummer [Greg Herman] has only been playing for like, three years, although he's probably played guitar for as long as I have. He knows how to write songs and has a good analytical understanding of music. Our bass player [Fred Decoste] basically doubles everything I do. It's funny, I get all the recognition, but that kid is doing the same fucking thing on his bass. In the song 'Death, i...' there are some legato scale runs and he's doing them. I remember when we wrote that, I was saying to him, 'Dude, you can't be doing that, you're gonna hurt your hands!'"

Two-hand tapping is nothing new. Having eight fingers widdle along a fretboard is something that guitarist from all genres have embarked upon for ages. The difference here is that the technique is a large part of Arp's repertoire, not something confined to showy leads and solos. At least 50 per cent of his playing involves giving the plectrum a rest, and it's that much more astounding to witness his precision while flailing around on stage.

"The two-handed thing," explains Chris, "is a blend of different things: not having a guitar pick, constantly playing, even while watching TV and my different philosophies on creating music, one of which I call 'Being A Retard.' Sometimes, some of the coolest and most unorthodox things happen when you take a different perspective. So, I'll do something unexpected while playing and watching TV or I'll be like, 'I'm gonna start slapping the fretboard like a retard.' A lot of the unorthodox stuff comes from trying to develop a personality and be as individual as possible. I can tell you what I'm doing isn't Stanley Jordan or Eddie Van Halen."

The third point that terminally comes up in Psyopus-related conversations is how Arp was the regional winner during limpbizkit's nationwide open auditions for a guitarist a couple of years back. Please tell us you did this as a joke?

"At the time, I was having no luck starting a band and was working the graveyard shift in a factory, just getting by. Some guy at work asked if I was going to audition and I was like, 'Nah.' He said, 'Yeah, I can see why you'd blow that opportunity off, working graveyard in a factory.' That just kind of put it in perspective; it would have been a job change and straight up, those guys hang out at the Playboy mansion," he laughs. "I went and just played a bunch of unorthodox crap. I think that's what I had going for me."

Did he meet Fred Durst?

"No, the band wasn't even there. But they gave me a guitar for winning."

Last edited by johnmansley : 2004-09-12 at 02:40.

Old 2004-09-12, 20:25
arpmandude
New Blood

Thanks, man! You fucking rule!

Old 2004-09-12, 20:38
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

No problem at all. What guitar did they give you?

Old 2004-09-14, 03:34
arpmandude
New Blood

Quote:
No problem at all. What guitar did they give you?

A mid level RG Ibanez w/ two humbuckers and a single coil.

Did you guys want me to tab out any of those riffs?

Old 2004-09-14, 13:10
Rick Metal
Senior Metalhead

I can't help but wonder if I would even be able to play them...

Death, I is my favorite song though... *cough* do that one *cough*

Old 2004-09-15, 01:54
arpmandude
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Metal
I can't help but wonder if I would even be able to play them...

Death, I is my favorite song though... *cough* do that one *cough*

I started but they said I have to tab the whole song, . . . that's WAY too many notes. Plus, there are two guitar parts thru out that song - WAY WAY TOO many notes.

Old 2004-09-15, 08:04
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

You can just post the riff in this thread. Just use [*code](insert tab here)[/code] and it will be neatly formatted. Once you delete the asterix it will appear as
Code:
(insert tab here)

Last edited by johnmansley : 2004-09-15 at 08:09.

Old 2004-09-15, 08:10
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

If you are posting a tab FOR the site, it'll need to be complete. However, if you are just tabbing out riffs, post them in this thread. I've got no problem with that.

Old 2004-09-21, 06:12
Desecrated
New Blood

i read about you guys in decibel magazine and just got your cd a few days ago from bma. i must say it is some of the sickest shit i have ever heard, and i mean that in the best way possible. Come to CA so i can watch it live!!

Old 2004-09-21, 08:23
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

your incoherient ramblings have no used caged withing this forum, i set the free to roam the world like the under-piglet, however instead of eating everything in sight, you must awe the people with your vast vocabulary of randomy aranged sentances!
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2004-09-21, 12:42
Rick Metal
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by younguitarist
Im working on the song 'Aesthetic' by BTBAM .I got some of it though..it should be done in a month because this song is a tough one.

Artist: Between The Buried And Me
Album: The Silent Circus
Song: Aesthetic
Transcribed by:Alvaro Ramirez
Email me for any comments or corrections:lazyguitarist@musician.net
Tune guitars to C#
=================================================================
Comments : This was one of the hardest song i have ever tabbed.
It may not be perfect but i gave it my best shot....
=================================================================

. - palm mute / - slide up to ah - Artificial harmonics
\ - slide down to ~ - vibrato
h - hammer on b - Bend
p - pull off Suffixes for bend
t - tap f - full bend h - half bend
ph - pinched harmonic q - quarter bend t - tap bend
* - see comment ^ - Hold bend r release bend
x - Staccato ~ - vibrato bend
, - slight palm mute () - ghost note, sustained note
" - tremolo note <> - Trill

Intro guitar one
|-------|----------|----------|-19-------|----------19----|------------------------|
|-------|----------|-15-16-17-|----20-15-|-15-17-18----17-|-20-19-17---------------|
|-15-16-|-15h16p16-|----------|----------|----------------|----------19-17-15-16br-|
|-------|----------|----------|----------|----------------|------------------------|
|-------|----------|----------|----------|----------------|------------------------|
| |
| guitar two |
|-------|----------|----------|----------|----------------|-2----------------------|
|-------|----------|----------|----------|----------------|----5--3--2--0-----2br--|
|-0--0--|-0--0--0--|-0--0--0--|-0--0--0--|-0--0--0--0--0--|----------------3-------|
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Continue
Intro guitar one
|---------------------------------------

Sorry man but you're way off... try this instead http://smnnews.com/board/showthread...light=aesthetic

Old 2004-09-21, 22:48
younguitarist
Post-whore

Quote:
Sorry man but you're way off... try this instead http://smnnews.com/board/showthread...light=aesthetic

Umm i asked about 20 people and they said my tab was alright..Just because its in different places dont mean shit.And i never said that it was perfect because it is one fucking hard song.And sorry sir but im not going to copy his powertab and add it to mine because that will be stealing.This isnt mxtabs were people jack other people's shit and take off the info.And read the begining ASSHOLE..' I got some of it' not the complete intro.Now fuck off

Old 2004-09-22, 13:17
Rick Metal
Senior Metalhead

Jeez... I didn't mean to piss you off.

I know the intro is hard as fuck to tab and play, but the one I posted is from SHANE FLAY or btbam's former guitar player, so if you want to play your INCORRECT intro well go wild.

Old 2004-09-22, 21:41
younguitarist
Post-whore

Quote:
Jeez... I didn't mean to piss you off.

I know the intro is hard as fuck to tab and play, but the one I posted is from SHANE FLAY or btbam's former guitar player, so if you want to play your INCORRECT intro well go wild.

holy shit i didnt read the thread but i did manage to see the first post and it said ptb which i knew it was a powertab.But still wtf its not that bad.I gave it my best shot and you come here "YoUR WAAY OFF".anyways thanks but im not gonna copy it. .

Old 2004-09-23, 12:42
Rick Metal
Senior Metalhead

Yeah sorry about that, but I still think you should copy it and give credit to Shane in your tab.

Old 2004-10-07, 02:09
Rick Metal
Senior Metalhead

Check out this thread for a bunch of btbam riffs and lost perfection a.
http://smnnews.com/board/showthread...&threadid=28585

Old 2004-10-07, 02:17
younguitarist
Post-whore

Jesus christ you can tab.It would be great if you and that Obswalq dude tab out more BTBAM tabs.O and i gave up on aesthetic lol.It would be better if I tab 4 songs in 2 months then tab aesthetic in a 2 months.

Old 2004-10-07, 16:11
Rick Metal
Senior Metalhead

Thanks a lot for your praise... there are definetely more riffs on the way.

Old 2004-10-08, 22:08
Obswalq
New Blood

Rick, we need to collaborate and tab stuff out.

AIM - Cory Unsane
Yahoo - sculpted_cold@yahoo.com

Old 2004-10-08, 22:32
younguitarist
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obswalq
Rick, we need to collaborate and tab stuff out.

AIM - Cory Unsane
Yahoo - sculpted_cold@yahoo.com

yeah!! finally. now both of you start tabbing

Old 2004-11-13, 17:01
Beelzebozo
New Blood

When you gonna post any kind of Psyopus' tabs Chris????

Old 2007-05-29, 01:54
-=[ ]=-
New Blood

I would pay whatever the price.. if i could get my hands on a bass tab for any Psyopus song i would shit myself... I fucking worship you guys' music! It sounds like thousands of midgets being catapulted against a brick wall....