MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2004-02-10, 23:44
drewman
New Blood

Official Drumtrack thread

What's up All? I am obviously new to this forum, but I have some kick ass information that i'm sure some of you would really be interested in. I write drums on my PC, and no, not like what is posted on the Drum Zone. I right these drums from scratch using a drum software. I have been doing this for about 4-5 years now but have not really had time to dedicate. However, I am creating new songs on a weekly basis. What I do is put a bands song such as Deicide's Once Upon the Cross in an editor on my PC and write the drums according to what is played by deicide. The end result is an audio file of a drum track to what ever song I re-wrote. I can then take this file and insert it into a recording studio on my PC and re-record the song from scratch. I can also play this drum track out of a PA System and or stereo and play it with a band without a drummer. I have song's from Cannibal Corpse down to System of a Down. I will be offering these tracks to the public soon but I would like to get some feedback from musicians that don't have a drummer and or would like to have the drum tracks of any song of their choice. If you are interested in obtaining any drum track to any song, I will be more than happy to write it for you and send it to you via email and or CD. I have never seen a CD of drum tracks in a music store with the corresponding tab book? Have you?

Old 2004-02-10, 23:56
G_urr_A
Supreme Metalhead

Sounds like a cool idea for drum practicing. But I don't know if a band would use it to gig without a drummer. I'd think not, as a missing drummer really is missing, if you get my point. Things would look wrong without a drummer. Plus it sometimes might be difficult to get good sound.

Whatever, I'm tired. Sorry.

Old 2004-02-11, 02:55
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Go to the Old Man's Child website. Half of those MIDI files are mine.
I have Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, so If I want, I can mute the guitars, bass, and keys, and record my guitar into the PC, while playing along with the drums. But cool, anyways, have fun. I've been doing this too, for about 7-8 years.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2004-02-11, 03:16
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Thats pretty cool. I was affraid you where going to ask for money.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2004-02-11, 04:53
PantericA
Post-whore

yea man cool idea. i wish i had a drummer to practice with, but no one drums around here. this is good shit.\m/keep it up

Old 2004-02-11, 17:19
drewman
New Blood

G_urr_A,
It is not that I do this to replace a drummer. That is not the point at all. It is really for enjoyment. You buy tab and or look tab up for a song that you like and what do you do then? You learn it and then play it right? With who? Either your own band or by yourself with no accompanying music. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to get the drum tracks exactly like the original to either re-record or play along with? You could basically do whatever you want with the track. This is the whole point of it. I am a drummer myself and the last thing I am trying to do is make drummers obsolete.

powersofterror,
I have cakewalk Pro 9 and Cubase and Pro tools and I have never heard of being able to take any cd and extract each track off of it? How do you do that? Is that even possible without getting a masters license from the publisher and obtaining the master copy?

Drewman

Old 2004-02-11, 18:06
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Whoa, whoa whoa, you misunderstood. You speak of impossibility. On Cakewalk, you can write a guitar part, by putting in a patch name, just like you would write a drum part by putting it on channel 10. I write the parts out, but you know that you can mute them. So, by having the right cable, you can play along with a drum track, recording your guitar to your PC. Then import the .wav(your guitar playing) into a track with the drums, and voila, you got yourself playing with a set of drums.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2004-02-11, 18:56
KB_CANS
Senior Metalhead

i use my pc for drums....its very easy to do....its all about panning and volume...you figure that out and u can get it to sound real..

Old 2004-02-11, 19:22
drewman
New Blood

It sounded to me that you were saying that you could extract the drums off of any CD that you incorporate into cakewalk. Is this what you are saying or are you just showing me how to record with cakewalk? I have re-recorded a bunch of songs the way you are explaining it but that is not what I am talking about. I had to create the drum track in Acid and then insert it into cakewalk as a .wav file and then I recorded the guitars and bass and vocals. I have never heard of any software that could extract any instrument off of any CD and save it by itself. If you know of a software that can do that, by all means, please tell. If not, I can make the drum track to any song that has ever been made so if anyone is interested in obtaining a drum track of a song that you would like to re-record or whatever, let me know and I will make it. If I don't have the original song, you might have to send it to me. I am going to try to make this a business (maybe) and I am just starting to look into this now so get your requests in before I start having to charge. Reason for the charge, it takes a good 8 hours to 2-3 days for me to write these drums to perfection. This means NO CHARGE AT THIS TIME FOR A SELECT FEW.

Drewman

Old 2004-02-11, 23:34
powersofterror
Forum Leader

No, I make the drums in Cakewalk.

This is my band's page

Old 2004-02-11, 23:41
drewman
New Blood

Man, you gotta show me how you do that because I have never seen the option to make drums in cakewalk pro 9.

Old 2004-02-13, 12:43
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_urr_A
Sounds like a cool idea for drum practicing. But I don't know if a band would use it to gig without a drummer. I'd think not, as a missing drummer really is missing, if you get my point. Things would look wrong without a drummer. Plus it sometimes might be difficult to get good sound.

Whatever, I'm tired. Sorry.

Oh man, a "real" drummer is very preferred, but you are wrong. I've seen bands perform (such as Trollech, who just kicked their drummer out) with a fucking discman hookep up on the PA system. All the drumlines were on it, and they just played along live.

And it had a terrific sound. Maybe the drum was made a bit simple but that's merely a specific remark to that band.

It was really funny when the bassist-singer stepped near the discman and pulled the cable out that way in the middle of a song, hahaha.

By the way Drewman, your idea owns.

Old 2004-02-13, 20:33
drewman
New Blood

Yeah, I redid Metallica's One, And Justice for all... and Blackend and we recorded all of the other guitar parts such as the Classical acoustic guitars and the other distorted guitars that harmonize on some of the parts and leave the parts out that we play and play it. It sounds really good if not as good as the actual CD. We don't have a drummer and a singer so unless I jump on the drums we have to use the drums that I make. If you have any requests let me know and I will send it to you so you can here how they sound.

Old 2004-02-13, 23:43
G_urr_A
Supreme Metalhead

Sorry 'bout my tiredness (and general stupidity).

I'd be interested in having a drum track (and bass too, if you do that) of Evergrey - The Masterplan. But that's like "interest" and not "need", so that's more like to see what you can do, if you've got the time. Whatever. I'm tired tonight too. Just saw In Flames and Entombed (and 2 other bands (one guy was funny, he was banging a trashcan with a stick, on stage.....)).

Old 2004-02-14, 00:06
KB_CANS
Senior Metalhead

i doubt people will pay for drum traxx...

why not just tune your guitar right and play along to the cd/mp3????...sure u will hear their guitars but its only practise....

Old 2004-02-15, 22:45
Pablo
Senior Metalhead

this is cool...
you need cakewalk, Gigastudio (a really cool program) and AUDIO drum tracks, or bass, or whatever you like
the point is you can replace the shitty midi sound with real audio files
so you can make a "karaoke" for the instrument you play
You scream my name, and now you're gone

Old 2004-02-15, 22:51
powersofterror
Forum Leader

How do you get "AUDIO" drums tracks? By Gigastudio?

This is my band's page

Old 2004-02-16, 17:31
drewman
New Blood

G_urr_A,
I am working on Disincarnate's Monarch of the sleeping marches right now but if you send me Evergrey - The Materplan, that will be the next one that I do. I'll try to get it off of Kazaa if you can't send it to me.

Drewman

Old 2004-02-16, 17:55
drewman
New Blood

KB Cans,
If that is all you want to do then sure, I did that for a long time. However, I got ahold of a bunch of software to record with and started re-recording songs the way that I wanted to. These drum tracks can be used for anything. It is not just a practicing tool or anything like that. I use them to jam with my guitarist and singer because we do not have a drummer. I also use them to re-record so I can practice at getting good at recording music by myself. When I run accross tab for a song that I would like to play, I would rather have just the drum track in order to record the song after I learn it to see if it sounds right or is right. It is just for enjoyment and not a specific purpose. Wouldn't you rather play the lead yourself instead of the original lead playing along with your version?

Drewman

Old 2004-02-17, 02:09
KB_CANS
Senior Metalhead

im not saying your ideas arent good....

i write my own drum tracks all the time for my own songs....but for other peoples songs...i just play along to the cd..

when are u going to post a link so we can hear these drum tracks?

Old 2004-02-17, 02:37
RUSSIANROULETTE
Supreme Metalhead

Hey man, you said you did some Deicide, I would appreciate the drum track to either "I am No One" or "The Truth Above". It's a real good idea that you have, not just for fun but it's also good for a band that wants to cover a spesific song and have a really good drummer. With the drum track, the drummer can figure out exactly how the song is suppose to be played with out mistakes. So If you have time, send me those Thanks in advance

THUNDERBREW

R.I.P
DIMEBAG DARRELL

Old 2004-02-17, 21:24
drewman
New Blood

KB Cans
I have come to terms with the fact that some people will not like the idea. Not to say that you don't. Regarding posting: I do not know how to do that but I can find out very easily. I apologize for my ignorance with forums but I am just that (Ignorant) when it comes to that stuff right now. I will, however, find out how and post some of my own work which is a little extreme but you get to here what the drums sound like after everything else is recorded with it. I can also post the drums by themselves but they really, and I do stress really, sound good with music either played along or recorded with. I don't think that you plan on just playing drum tracks by themselves so I am sure that you won't mind the music.

By the way, I don't just do covers. I can write any drum track for any song even if there has never been a drum track created for the song requested. So EVERYONE, if you have a song that needs drums, send me a recording of your song and how you would like for it to flow such as with or without blast beats or whatever and I will write it. If you don't like it then explain how you want it to sound and I will redo it to your satisfaction. I have been getting more and more requests everyday so bare with me. I am only one and when it starts getting overwhleming, people who are generous get first priority. As of now, there is no charge.

Drewman

Drewman

Old 2004-02-17, 21:30
KB_CANS
Senior Metalhead

dont get me wrong....i like the idea...

so please post some music so we can hear it.

Old 2004-02-17, 22:01
drewman
New Blood

RUSSIANROULETTE,
There are some other requests ahead of you at this time, but when I knock them out, you will be the next. Shouldn't take very long. Deicide is an easy one.

Drewman

Old 2004-02-18, 01:03
RUSSIANROULETTE
Supreme Metalhead

Awesome man, thanks a lot

THUNDERBREW

R.I.P
DIMEBAG DARRELL

Old 2004-02-18, 08:50
mctriple
Senior Metalhead

yeah i was expecting you to mention a cost somewhere, too, but that's really cool that you're doing all of that.

definitely gigging without a drummer would be kind of hollow, but our drummer works nights and sleeps days, and his neighbors have little kids which we don't want to bother (even though they've never said anything.. we just like to be nice about it and stop by 10 or so), so it's a pain sometimes to coordinate a time that we can practice. it'd be pretty sweet for the rest of us to have a good drum line in our pa to play with during the day.

really good idea. im surprised nobody's thought of it before.

Old 2004-02-18, 10:13
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

Fuck ...Im Dead gig without a drummer
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2004-02-18, 10:37
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

We did too.

Old 2004-02-18, 16:30
drewman
New Blood

Mctriple,
Man, I have a wife and 4 kids and a full time job. I am the only one making the money to support all of us and i'm still poor. It takes a bunch of hours to make these drums exactly the way they are originally played and my wife complains on a daily basis about the time it takes. I wish that I could just give them all away but if hundred's or even thousands of people request songs, it will end up being a full time job and I will have to make some kind of money in order to fulfill the demand. I tell you what, as I said before, I am not charging anything now, however, if it comes to the point where I have to due to the demand, I have thought of a deal that if someone can write a tab and it has not been writen before, I will write that drum track and give it to them for free. What do you think?

Old 2004-02-18, 16:32
drewman
New Blood

Mctriple,
Another thing, if you need drum tracks for your own music and you have a recording of your songs with the drums, send it to me and I will re-write them so you will have the tracks

Old 2004-02-18, 17:24
mctriple
Senior Metalhead

yeah drew i definitely respect that. my fiance's pregnant and we're both struggling students still, so i know what it's like. i barely had the money to go get new strings lol. it's cool.. you're providing a pretty awesome service to the people that want to use it.

as of now i don't have anything specific to give you, since we've gotten used to just practicing at random times when our drummer can, but maybe i'll send you something to work on.. it wouldn't need to be anything fancy, just a beat we can make loud thanks.

Old 2004-02-18, 17:55
drewman
New Blood

Mctriple,
That's cool. If anyone would like a sample of my band's song Unexplainable Sickness in which I wrote the drum track for, please email me and I will send it to you via .wav and or .mp3. I warn you, the drums are a little extreme to an extent and I wrote these around 4-5 years ago when I first started. It's a little fast at some times but it fits our music.

Old 2004-02-18, 18:53
Pablo
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
How do you get "AUDIO" drums tracks? By Gigastudio?

no, i think there's audio tracks fos sale somewhere in the market... i will get a few (ripped, of course)... a friend of mine have some

with Gigastudio you can create your sound bank, wich means replace midi sounds with the real ones

and with cakewalk you open the sequence, and VOILA! the midi note in cakewalk will look for the audio track you've selected instead of the midi track located in your sound board.
You scream my name, and now you're gone

Old 2004-02-18, 19:35
powersofterror
Forum Leader

intersting.

This is my band's page

Old 2004-03-01, 22:30
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

I've done a few drum tracks fro my band on PC before i give them to the guys to learn. It takes FOREVER though so i quit doing it. If you want a good example, download our newest song HERE its called Dayblind - SONG 3

But anyway last time i posted here looking for drum tracks, i got shit replies from a lot of you assholes. Send me them and i can give you some of mine.

Old 2004-03-16, 11:08
pure_0xygen
New Blood

I play with Guitar Pro but the drum tracks sound crap and if i export them in midi there must be something in the coding coz it changes the midi settings and stuff and if i record it audio from pc to mixer it just goes all out of time .. so i might have to check this thing out ... ya ive heard of it somewhere cant remember where ...

Old 2004-03-17, 04:51
BozoNightmare
Metalhead

Drewman, that sounds like a generous thing you're doing. But it comes back to the reason why people tab stuff. People don't charge for their tabs/interpretations of a song, they enjoy helping out fellow metalheads (or some people like to show off their skills). But in your situation, you sound like you deserve a bit of cash, but the problem is; will people pay? When I'm web surfing, I tend to steer away from any site that requires payment. However, if a site was of much quality, then I'd be prepared to pay.

Now with drums on a PC, can someone tell me how to take out all tracks except drums in a midi file (in Cakewalk perhaps)? The only drums I have made are in sound recorder, and let me tell you, that was fucking tedious. I tend to practice individual riffs to drum loops on my Zoom multi-effects nowadays. But that's no good for playing a whole song. And it only goes up to 250bpm (anyway, who can play 4 notes per beat at 270bpm for very long?). So this drum thing sounds like a good idea. So I think they would be in demand to some degree; maybe you could trade them for shit like mp3s, but I don't think people will pay

By the way, how do you actually make the drums, Drewman, and can you please do them for "Cryptopsy - Cold Hate Warm Blood"? Be warned though, the drumming on that track is fast and brutal, and seems to be in random, irregular timings in some parts. Perhaps you could also post a list of tracks you have done.

Cheers

Old 2004-03-17, 11:18
Darkenelf
Supreme Metalhead

why isn't this posted in the drum zone section???

Join the hordes!!

Old 2004-03-25, 02:42
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkenelf
why isn't this posted in the drum zone section???

uh...ya...ok.... im pretty sure it is.

And hey drew, when are you gonna make me those drum tracks buddy? Morbid Angel!!!

Old 2004-04-15, 17:33
Spinesplitter
Metalhead

Here ya go.

Heres a Drum Track for anyone interested.

http://www.rocksolidamps.com/MP3/Ra...rum%20Track.mp3

Old 2004-04-18, 00:58
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

cool, you got any more?

Old 2004-04-18, 10:08
Inearthed
New Blood

Cool, Derek Roddy's the man

Its the only drums only track on there that I can find... http://www.rocksolidamps.com/sounds.php (Great guitar amp samples on there)

Old 2004-04-19, 03:44
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

im guessing you meant pete sandoval from morbid angel and not roddy right?

how the hell did you get the rapture drum track? Thats awesome! DO SOME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2004-04-19, 20:46
drewman
New Blood

guitarenvy,
I have already made Rapture and God of Emptiness but I have no way of getting them to you because I do not have internet access at home. However, once I get back on my feet, I will send them to you on your site via FTP. I apologize for the delay, I am just not equipped to go full speed yet.

Drewman

Old 2004-04-19, 20:48
drewman
New Blood

Bozonightmare,
I write the drums in Acid. I have not found any song as of yet that could stump me so Cryptopsy shouldn't be a peice of cake.

Drewman

Old 2004-04-26, 20:00
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

We should start a thread of different versions of rapture we recorded. Or any of the songs that he's doing on drums. Anyway, i just threw down a quick recording of the first part of it

Rapture.mp3 (875k)

Old 2004-07-07, 21:28
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Don't suppose you have one of these songs do you?

Sepultura - Dead Embryonic Cells
or
Death - 1,000 Eyes
or
Slayer - Black Magic

?

Old 2004-07-07, 21:52
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

holiday is coming up, i guess i could attempt some

Old 2004-07-17, 19:01
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

cheers

Old 2005-01-05, 23:55
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

someone make some drum tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>!>!??!

Old 2005-01-06, 04:53
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

I have a drum track that is like 12 mb, so I don't think anyone would want it.

Old 2005-01-10, 22:05
Spinesplitter
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity

I would love it!!!!

Derek

Old 2005-01-11, 01:48
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity

same here! send 'er my way or even email it cause hotmail gives ya 250mb now

Old 2006-09-21, 02:23
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

ok so 2 years later, anyone ever make a frieking drum track?

Old 2007-01-03, 13:36
KthalEhthrek
Senior Metalhead

Man this was such a good idea but it seems to have been abandoned.

What a shame man.

Death "A Moment of Clarity"

Check out my band if you like \m/