Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2007-06-05, 18:25
corpseifierdude2
New Blood

pearl double pedals

i have these pedals:

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/qu...9ddd0dd60f8.jpg

its called p-122tw pearl
my problem is that the left pedal feels diffrent from the right, the left feels much slower and heavier, not so bouncy like the right pedal feels

i have of course tried diffrent configurations with the spring and other adjustable things on the pedals, but the left still feels slow and heavie to kick with

this leaves my weaker left foot with an huge disadvantage of course...but i know this pedal is cheap, the cheapest i found in the shop when i bought it

its pretty obvious for me that is has to be this way, since the left beater is powered by the revolving stick between the pedals...shit, i cant explain this in english...u get my point

so i was wondering if the more expensive double pedals will solve this unbalance...or is the solotion to get two seperate pedals?
is every pedals with a revolving stick like this?

Last edited by corpseifierdude2 : 2007-06-05 at 18:32.

Old 2007-06-06, 05:30
baptized_in_blood
Metalhead

look into the axis drive shaft thang.

see if it fits your pedals n whatnot.

www.axispercussion.com

Old 2007-06-06, 15:49
Musician1978
Senior Metalhead

I have the same pedal, *The Pearl one* and had the same problem. I just fucked with it for an hour or so and eliminated the problem through an unknown combination of trial and error attempts of different things.

For starters, make damn sure that the spring tention is the same on both sides. If one feels harder than the other, loosen the spring to that side. Also, you can make sure that the foot things are the same on both sides (I assume you knew that you could adjust those as well. If not, then it can be done by turning the pedal over and loosening the screw underneat it, move it to one of the three positions, and tighten it back up. Be careful though, there are pins which go into holes to help keep it in place. It doesn't just slide up; you have to pull that part away from the base slightly and slide it up. You will feel it click into place.

With enough tinkering, you should have luck getting them both to feel the same. Good luck!!

Old 2007-06-08, 15:35
TrashWolf
New Blood

I have the same pedals. I think they're good, haven't really had any major problems with them. Actually I don't feel much difference between them and the Pearl Eliminators, with the right config.

Antichristus Spiritualis.
Antichristur Spiritualis.