upon a truce with the terrible earth hearted volkswagons

stalin agreed to lay with the stone giant priestess, V2-rocket

and make love to her to sanctify the peace between the tribes

V2-rocket later gave birth to MR-UR-100 Sotka / SS-17 Spanker Mod 1 ICBM

soviet interballistic missle.

here lies MR-UR-100 Sotka / SS-17 Spanker Mod 1 ICBM

son of Josef Stalin,son of Vladimir Lenin

R.I.P.

Last edited by low-tech : 2006-07-04 at 00:25.
Old 2006-07-04, 01:47
Life is pain.
Banned

Me likey, me likey
Old 2006-07-04, 06:48
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Well, that was definitely different. I won't claim to know if it's accurate or not, but I liked the general idea for it's freshness.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2006-07-04, 12:00
Quantum.

upon a truce with the terrible earth hearted volkswagons...

I'd say you've just done something memorable. Interesting enough for me to want to know where it sprung from?

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Last edited by Amadeus : 2006-07-04 at 13:35.
Old 2006-07-04, 13:45
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
upon a truce with the terrible earth hearted volkswagons...

I'd say you've just done something memorable. Interesting enough for to want to know where it sprung from?

its a myth,an oral history spoken from the perspective of the 4th-world neolithic man. i operate on the assumption that all civilizations fall similiar to the fall of rome where the vast,vast body of knowledge<the entire foundation of those civilizations> was forever lost. its basically a mixture of fantasy, historical fact and distorted misunderstood historical fact which is basically what myths are.

the tomb is an ICBM site. i should of been more descriptive about the tomb in general. the point of myths is just an interesting story, loosely based on facts, repeated so many times it becomes absurd and almost nonsense

a common thing for ancient cultures when it came to mysterious ruins or statues that predated them they would spin a myth about it. the greeks had the cyclopian walls, the egyptions had the sphinx. these thing were made so long before that classical greece and the egyptians had no idea who built them<usually thier ancestors who thier understanding of history forgot>the myths about them are an attempt at being historical but usually end up fantasy,nonsense and somewhere in those stories there are hints of actual events or something close to being factual.

the whole "pyramidiot" aspect of egyptology or lets say psuedo-egyptology is another symptom of that kind of myth and fantasy. some people believe UFOs,extraterrestrial being built those pyramids, hence the term "pyramidiot". these theories are built around legit egyptology, the time they were built, who built them under what leader<then accuse that pharoh of being an alien> and so forth. taking a rough ouline of truth and applying fantasy to it to the point where the truth is distorted to make the fantasy more interesting.

Last edited by low-tech : 2006-07-04 at 13:50.
Old 2006-07-04, 13:55
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

You made it clear enough that it was an ICBM tomb. A little knowledge of the history of Stalin (very little) and of V-2 rockets and so on makes it all pretty clear. Pretty cool, if a bit crude.
Old 2006-07-04, 16:08
Quantum.

If you're interested, I could start an argument with you on the subject of myth in particular.
And being crude is really what makes this piece.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
Old 2006-07-04, 16:41
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

If it were crude in the manner of the things it's imitating, yeah. As it is we have a crude attempt at that kind of ancient, naive crudity. One thing that characterizes that kind of mind is a formal repetition - the Homeric epithet being the most famous type - that's lacking here precisely because it's written by a modern dude doing a quick parody of primitive writing. Which is fine, but it detracts from it for me.
Old 2006-07-04, 19:17
Post-whore

it could be alot better i agree, basically i just wanted to write something about Stalin sleeping with some mythological stone giant woman, the thought of it was making me laugh in that wierd contagious way that thoughts sometimes do. i also wanted to make it short because im not a fan of doing long winded poems.

if i was in a power metal band, this would be the kind of song material id go for. the song would have to be about 20 seconds long tho
Old 2006-07-04, 22:10
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Is that one of those women boogieing in your avatar waiting for him?

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Old 2006-07-04, 22:16
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

If you were in a power metal band the lengthy instrumental passages would more than make up for the brief lyrics. Plus you'd repeat various parts in increasingly higher registers.

But yeah, I can't find a flaw in the idea.

That would be one unattractive woman, were it the case.
Old 2006-07-04, 23:31
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
Is that one of those women boogieing in your avatar waiting for him?

thats actually me..........dancing, getting my groove on

its a character from an arcade game that i was seriously addicted to 10 years ago.and its actually a dude, hes just wearing these big skulls as a necklace
Old 2006-07-04, 23:54
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

It's a character from the most famous fighting game of all time (or at least high among the most famous and widely loved), and if L,B'XXX let her kids play video games when Super NES was current and gave a damn about what they played she'd recognize it. But those are two conditionals.
Old 2006-07-05, 06:15
Life is pain.
Banned

ITS DIM-SIM hahahaha thats what we called him. PS if you can beat me a street fighter or mortal kombat ill give you a billion dollars
Old 2006-07-05, 06:21
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Oh hell, they traded/bought/ sold their game systems so much I never knew what was what. I know Castlevania and Mortal Kombat, but that's about it. ICBM doesn't even ring a bell. And I figured, due to their previous records, that they had enough sense to know what to play so I really didn't monitor what they played. But I don't want to derail this thread too much.
I was teasing about the avatar. I just noticed it looked like it was dancing and it reminded me of a woman I used to know that sort of resembled it. Bob might remember her.

Old 2006-07-05, 06:24
Life is pain.
Banned

Hey LB I wouldn't have bothered replying to him he just does this to you in every thread you should ignore everything he says because he dosn't like you. now he'll come back with something else intelligent to say bla bla bla to put you and me down.
Old 2006-07-05, 07:51
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Yeah, it's incredibly mean of me to accuse a middle-aged woman of not being familiar with Street Fighter II.

Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.
Old 2006-07-05, 08:09
Life is pain.
Banned

you said it
Old 2006-07-05, 08:12
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
it

I did indeed. Good eye.
Old 2006-07-05, 08:19
Life is pain.
Banned

lol i know ive put at least the smallest thing over you when you of all people resort to something like that. thats actually the first time i see you write something so lame. oh well who cares lets get over it now.