MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2005-10-16, 12:06
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Kindergarten Bullshit at Youth Events.

You guys are probably expecting some sort of disgusting new event or some bullshit like that, but those who know me here a little better will know I don't care for shit like that.

In one way this is a rant post but I really do want to hear your feedback on it aswell.

The main question here is this: Local band relationships - Friends or foes. Do you think this is taking it a little too far?

The story:

Battle of the bands, a band called Liberated dulls the volume on their last track to make this announcement: "This song is about "X" person in the audience. We don't like him, in fact, we hate him, and think he is a cocksucking faggot."

X pounces onto the stage and knocks the lead singer clean onto the ground. He is carried away to the police and later let off without charges.

Individualising people and humiliating them in front of hundreds of people in my books is just not on. I would never do that. Would you? No matter how much I hate a person, youth events like BOTB is not a place for kindergarten bullshit like this. Thinking you can hid behind the stage and do this shit is lower than killing someone in my opinion. Just to set how much this distresses me: People get this angry about murders and rapes on the news, and I dn't take any notice.

The main question here is this: How far can band rivalry go, and do you think that this is appropriate for anyone to do other than Anal Cunt

[I understand this will probably be closed, but what do you guys think?]

Old 2005-10-16, 12:52
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Well, Skynyrd made a remark about Neil Young in Sweet Home Alabama because a bit of difference in opinion, but I don't think that ever went that far.

That was a really dumb thing to do for the band to say that. They should have been immediately disqualified for one thing. And the jackass that reacted was in the wrong, too. He should have taken it in stride and then not made himself look on their level by reacting the way he did. He could have also had assault charges filed against him and if he's over 18 that wouldn't be cool at all. Even under 18 might end up with juvie time. There's other ways of making it known your unhappy. Letter to the promotor or newspaper voicing the bands' treatment of fellow musicians would let a lot of people know what jerks they were if written properly.

Of course, the young male attitude would be to wait til they're in the appropriate place and beat the tar out of them.

Believe it or not, one of the kids at one of wally's band concerts made a few remarks about me that I was ready to crawl in a hole over, but then later on we went and talked to the kid and he apoligized profusely. He's a good kid and I knew he was just horsing around, but public humiliation was really a bit hard.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2005-10-16, 13:21
Transient
HES BAAACK

people are dicks, in the music world or not. just because they can blast at 200 bpm or sweep doesnt mean they dont have bad personalities

Old 2005-10-16, 16:50
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Ha ha That's funny as fuck! I so love twats falling from grace with a bump!
What was he thinking? Just because he's in a band people will listen to him? Or that just because he's on stage he's un-touchable? Did he think it would get the band extra kudos with the judges panel?

Not a wise move! The best way to vent about someone is to write a song but don't say who it is, imply it!

I wanna know what person 'X' had done that was ssooooo bad!

I think it's stupid that bands do the big 'I am' and get into girly handbag scraps with other artists. Rock history is littered with such petty shite all you have to do is look at celebrity rock hag Sharon's behaviour! For decades she's slagged off anyone else who joined Sabbath or left Ozzy and pelting Maiden with eggs????
Kerry King always seems to be falling out with someone or other!
And Danzig should be a lot nicer to people because he always ends up getting put on his arse(years ago spaniel haired Def Leppard guitarist Viv Cambell floored him with a hay maker! hahahaha!) I experience mild bladder weakness everytime I think of that!

A lot of it seems to be jealousy and these people take verbal swings at those that are rising up past them as they fall! No end of times support bands have been given a shitty deal by the main act because they are blowing them away everynight!

Thankfully not all bands are like that and most rival band stories seem to be propogated by the rock media to spice up events(or even by bands to boost sales Oasis / Blur anyone). To be honest the only thing I care about regarding a band is what their music is like and will I get to see them when they tour.

Old 2005-10-16, 18:55
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I've never seen or heard any rival bands in my time. Usually it happens with 1 guy from each band get angry at one gig and after the fight that's the end of it all, yet I've never seen blind hate starting from the get go and never ending. Things pass and go, except Sharon.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2005-10-16, 20:11
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

There's a difference. Women do not fight like men. Guys have a problem with each other and they do whatever to satisfy themselves to resolve the problem and then 15 minutes later they're having a beer together. With women, they may resolve the problem, but they always watch their back and are ready to respond to a reoccurance which may or may not happen. And if a woman doesn't feel resolution she may wait a very long time to "attack" and it probably will probably be very stealthily and unexpected depending on how smart she is. In Sharon's case, it's about her husband so she's going to be even worse than if it was about a friend. Heaven forbid it be about one of her kids. That would probably be worse.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2005-10-16, 20:12
low-tech
Post-whore

hey man, people are just trying to combine wwf and live music, there aint nothing better to end a song than a flying elbow smash from the top ropes

Old 2005-10-16, 20:18
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

It's only appropiate when hatred is directed towards Fred Durst. Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2005-10-16, 20:20
humancorpse
Post-whore

Amen

Old 2005-10-16, 20:37
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Here! Here!

Old 2005-10-16, 20:44
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

I agree on the situation though...there was this ultimate gayness pop punk band that had a song making fun of my old band...god, we should of beat the intestines out of them now that I think of it..I guess I wasn't as gangsta as I am now. lol

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2005-10-17, 04:42
i_hate_nu_metal
Supreme Metalhead

I think it's pretty stupid to do that kind of shit. I would never fucking do that. Now if the guy is in the crowd and he's just talking shit the whole time and/or throwing shit at me, that's another story. I'd probably asswhoop him myself.
Sure, the guy that floored the singer was in the wrong too; after all, it's only words, not punches. However, the dickhead singer deserved it, and I'm glad the guy got off with no charges filed against him.

Somewhat similar situation.
A friend of mine is in a new age metal band, (drop C, growling vocals, copycat riffs), and his guitar player does not like me. I saw them live one night, got shitfaced, and kept fucking with my friend about how I hate his band and they suck and blah, blah, blah, and I don't even remember.
Highly unprofessional on my behalf, but what can you do, I was drunk. His guitar player hates me for that. He can't stand or comprehend someone not liking his band, not sharing his taste in music, or disagreeing with him. He's very high and mighty in his head.

Since then, he has tried to make fun of me, my taste in music, my playing ability, what have you, and failed misserably. While he is better than me, technically speaking, that is only because I've been playing for a tenth of the time he has. I don't even practice that much. Talent-wise, though, I slay him. I have never heard him write an original riff.

Anyway, he always goes around claiming how Lamb of God rules, and playing that intro riff from the first song on their new album, I don't remember what it's called, it's like their most famous riff. He always plays that and tries to tell me how I should listen to them. He can also play one Iron Maiden riff, I don't remember which one, something simple. He plays that riff, and then he's like "I can play Iron Maiden. Their stuff is easy. Lamb of God on the other hand..."

I have tried to explain to him that different people have different tastes, but he just doesn't get it. Anyway, he dislikes me big time, I don't really like him that much either, but I certainly don't hate the guy.

His band has a web site, and they have a forum. The forum has zero members. My lead guitarist suggested we register on their forum and then start talking trash about them on tehir own forum. How convenient, but I refused to do it. That, in my mind, would be weak and stupid. I don't like the guy, or his music, but that's all there is to it. I see no need to litter his web site's forum with spam and trash talking. I am pretty sure he would do so to me, but my web site doesn't have a forum, so

Anyway, the point is, the guy is getting all bent out of shape because one fucking dude doesn't like his band. I don't understand what exactly makes my opinnion such an important one. He's a pretty persistent guy, and I guess he's just used to people letting him have it his way. I'm not one of those people.

He actually said that my band sucks, too, and I was like "What fucking band?" There's me, another guitar player, and a fucking keyboard. Hell of a band we are. His oppinnion doesn't matter to me, so he can say whatever he wants. I see him every now and then and he says hello and everything, but I can still sense his hatred, but it don't bother me.

I know that if I were playing a show and he were in the crowd or his band played that night, I would rather walk off the stage than say a bad word about them. I have my opinnions and am not afraid to state them, but in a situation like that, where you might influence the opinnions of other people, or just kinda point a finger at a face in the crowd and make him feel uncomfortable, I keep my mouth tightly shut. Notice how I didn't name the guy, name the band, or link to their site. I don't want someone checking them out with my negative thioughts of the band's music on their mind.

Check out my band's, (or lack thereof), web site.
http://www.endless-sacrifice.com

Old 2005-10-17, 05:25
DEAD
Post-whore

It is kindergarden bullshit, why get upset over it? I'm assuming there people are atleast 16-17. Shit, by the time I was 17 I knew who my friends were and really didnt give two fucks what anyone thought or said. Why? Because you are exactly right, it is kindergarden bullshit. And it doesnt matter. You get called a name, a smart person would take it in stride and be like "Fucking right, I love dick!". I got bullied all the way up untill around 8th grade, they stoped when I started to get a sense of humor about it.
Comforting silence

Old 2005-10-17, 05:35
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
And the jackass that reacted was in the wrong, too. He should have taken it in stride and then not made himself look on their level by reacting the way he did. He could have also had assault charges filed against him and if he's over 18 that wouldn't be cool at all.

I woulda done the same thing, fuck that. Well maybe not decked the cunt, but i woulda smashed his guitar, or ran away with it

Thats just fucking pathetic, cocky bastards like that need a smack if you ask me anyway.

EDIT: but then again, it does depend what the dude had done, if he was downing the band during the concert or something thats just as lame.

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Last edited by OpethFan : 2005-10-17 at 05:40.

Old 2005-10-17, 05:37
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

It ruined the rest of the night for th other bands that's why, everyone left and it was unnecessary.

Old 2005-10-17, 06:00
low-tech
Post-whore

when i lived in virginia, this show i missed. a couple of bands touring together played a in packed art/practice space, show at full capacity, said to be a great show. upon loading out a member of one of the bands gets into a scuffle with some drunk punks hanging out in the parking lot with the rest of the crowd, things escalate very quickly into the bands VS the crowd, an all out war. the bands fended off the mob with baseball bats, managed to load the gear and get the hell out of there before it got real ugly. my roomate at the time got his ass whooped<the bands were sorta the winners of the confrontation>, damn i wish i could of seen it

Old 2005-10-17, 07:57
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

well I think that the cunt deserved to get knocked out for doing that, I mean I know one band has a song about the vox ex wife, he never says anything really excessive about her (although the song is obviously against her) as for that the only other shit we ever do is a bit of freindly ribbing like 'Up next is Final Eve, good Band but the drummer sucks...'

(the drummer is amazing and is the new Drummer for 8 foot sativa, despite being 17!!! thats how shit amazing he is!)

and the crowd take it in good jest, but even that is rarely done.

Old 2005-10-17, 15:48
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

One kid I know did a song about his mom who was pretty whacked out mentally. The song used to wear him out when he'd perform it with the band. I don't know if she ever knew it was about her or not. I know some of the family and she is pretty messed up.

The old fist flying thing is typical young male reaction. I really wouldn't expect too many to not react that way, but that doesn't mean it's the right way.

Old 2005-10-17, 19:46
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
The main question here is this: How far can band rivalry go, and do you think that this is appropriate for anyone to do other than Anal Cunt

[I understand this will probably be closed, but what do you guys think?]

i like a little rivalry, but saying your a cock sucking faggot in front of like, 100/200 people is a little far, so is punching the guy in the head, then again he was kinda asking for it

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2005-10-18, 13:41
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
One kid I know did a song about his mom who was pretty whacked out mentally. The song used to wear him out when he'd perform it with the band. I don't know if she ever knew it was about her or not. I know some of the family and she is pretty messed up.

The old fist flying thing is typical young male reaction. I really wouldn't expect too many to not react that way, but that doesn't mean it's the right way.

lol, my old band had a song called "My Mom Is A Slut"...it was fun being a lead singer...except smoking so much godamn weed at the time didn't help.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2005-10-24, 13:10
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

I think it's funny as fuck, all of it, and I think your opinions are shaping others' opinions as to not cause controversy.

So fuck you all.

If it was me on the stage, I would've said shit,
If it was me in the crowd, I would've decked him.

Eye for a fucking eye.

Old 2005-10-24, 16:40
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
I think it's funny as fuck, all of it, and I think your opinions are shaping others' opinions as to not cause controversy.

So fuck you all.

Eye for a fucking eye.

Yeah that just shows your immaturity
So heres hoping you shoot your mouth off and get the decking of your life

Old 2005-10-24, 17:33
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

problematic...you are a fucking cuntal excretion moron...go grow some ass hair and then you might be able to have a fucking opinion.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2005-11-05, 06:24
LucidDreamer
Senior Metalhead

I noticed problematic got a little bit suspended. Was it for this quote:

"I think it's funny as fuck, all of it, and I think your opinions are shaping others' opinions as to not cause controversy.
So fuck you all.
Eye for a fucking eye."?

I was just wondering, because I didn't think that was a particularly troublesome post (compared to some of the other shit floating around).

I'm not trying to argue or anything, just wondering a little about the limitations on free speech around here.

Welcome to MetalTabs my friend!

"Brother will kill brother, spreading blood across the land. Killing for religion, something I don't understand." - 'staine.

Old 2005-11-05, 14:22
Bia
Muffin Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
...I got bullied all the way up untill around 8th grade.

That explains alot.

Old 2005-11-05, 21:19
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidDreamer

I'm not trying to argue or anything, just wondering a little about the limitations on free speech around here.

No, I don't beleive so...the free speech here is pretty unrestricted...for example, nigger, i hate jews, I have a bomb on my chest and I'm going to kill the President of America, nigger, nigger, I rape children, death to america.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2005-11-05, 21:57
humancorpse
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidDreamer
I noticed problematic got a little bit suspended. Was it for this quote:

"I think it's funny as fuck, all of it, and I think your opinions are shaping others' opinions as to not cause controversy.
So fuck you all.
Eye for a fucking eye."?

I was just wondering, because I didn't think that was a particularly troublesome post (compared to some of the other shit floating around).

Nah, it was for replying to the gooch thread.

Old 2005-11-05, 22:08
foxguitar
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

First off The only Person that routines slags other people who can get away with it is crazy ass Zakk Wylde , After that unless your bad assed better to keep the mouth shut .
As far the Skynryrd thing with neil young , they were actually friendly , So the truth is there was no disrespect meant in Sweet home alabama
And for some scrawny fuck to get on stage and talk shit , like I always say dont write a check with your mouth that your ass can't cash.
Peace

Old 2005-11-06, 01:12
Shreddist
Supreme Metalhead

I was in a BOTB and my band was inbetween songs, and a guy from a rival band screamed that we sucked, the crowd took care of him ... and we came in first, so he lost to someone he said sucked

Last edited by Shreddist : 2005-11-06 at 01:16.

Old 2005-11-06, 04:51
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Shred! Thanks for the quote in your signature! My hair will whip for you my friend!

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2005-11-06, 05:28
Shreddist
Supreme Metalhead

haha, not a problem man!

Old 2005-11-10, 04:02
LucidDreamer
Senior Metalhead

sig quotes hey:
nothing more fun than quoting someone out of context. For example:

Old 2005-11-10, 04:03
LucidDreamer
Senior Metalhead

"Brother will kill brother, spreading blood across the land. Killing for religion, something I don't understand." - 'staine.

Old 2005-11-10, 16:13
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

ha, thanks LucidDreamer...your too kind...

Quote:

RIP moe.