MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2005-08-24, 23:36
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

"Future Force Warrior"

I've only just heard about this, so it could be pretty old, but check out what the US Army has planned for you army boys!

http://science.howstuffworks.com/ffw.htm

http://www.natick.army.mil/soldier/wsit/

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/album112?page=3

Old 2005-08-24, 23:44
feetunderwarpath
Metalhead

wow, not looking for anyone that goes against america

Love is for the weak, religion is for the blind.

Old 2005-08-24, 23:48
The Execrator
Noob lud

oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-08-25, 00:14
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by feetunderwarpath
wow, not looking for anyone that goes against america

Haha no, this is meant to be a thread about technology!

Old 2005-08-25, 01:54
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
I've only just heard about this, so it could be pretty old, but check out what the US Army has planned for you army boys!

http://science.howstuffworks.com/ffw.htm

http://www.natick.army.mil/soldier/wsit/

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/album112?page=3

Yeaaah... uh. *cough* If i'm right, this shit is still all in the theory stages? And the bionics? This is just becoming like Halo. Christ.

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-25, 02:27
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Well I think a lot of it is, but they want to start implementing this by 2010, which is not that far off.

Old 2005-08-25, 02:33
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

Technology is a demon.

Old 2005-08-25, 02:35
kin
Senior Metalhead

Am I the only one that thinks this is kinda cool?

Old 2005-08-25, 02:38
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

Yes. You suck.

Old 2005-08-25, 02:44
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Just wait, maybe the army uniforms will look like DOOM sooner or later

Then again, I think it's actually pretty cool.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2005-08-25, 03:23
low-tech
Post-whore

some of that shit looks like the gear in alien 2. alot of that stuff is pointless, most soldiers in iraq are concerned about bombs and shit, that stuff aint gonna help. looks neat tho

Old 2005-08-25, 03:27
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
some of that shit looks like the gear in alien 2. alot of that stuff is pointless, most soldiers in iraq are concerned about bombs and shit, that stuff aint gonna help. looks neat tho

If they make it happen, i'll shit my pants. And yes, Aliens remains one of my favorite movies. That gear was pretty cool.

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-25, 03:40
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

I think that shit is pretty fucking cool from a Science POV even if it the US developing and almost certainly going to abuse it, it is still fucking cool!

Old 2005-08-25, 13:28
LordofStorms
Post-whore

I think this is very cool.I've been keeping up with this for a while,whoever mentioned them implementing this around 2010 was right.I would post more in this thread,but I can already tell its gonna turn into a U.S. bashing thread and I don't want to fucking hear it.

Old 2005-08-25, 13:47
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Like I said, this is a thread concerning only technology. I read that they want to add bits of the kit piece by piece, so that by 2010, at least some of that technology will be on soldiers' uniforms.

I'm very interested in this "MR fluid" and it's bullet stopping capabilites. How will it compare to standard issue ceramic/kevlar body armour? Only time will tell...

Hmm, I don't know.. The system seems like it would eventually cause problems. I mean everything on that kit is battery powered, I think the assualt rifle should at least be able to function without a computer. And those electro-magnetic bombs (or whatever they're called) will actually have good uses on the battlefield.

Old 2005-08-25, 14:03
SARS
Post-whore

So, er. What the fuck are they actually gonna call this when 2010 comes about?

pre-edit. don't answer.

Old 2005-08-25, 14:12
fatdanny
Post-whore

yeah, MR fluid is cool

Old 2005-08-25, 20:09
IlikeRiffseveryone
Supreme Metalhead

well some of that gear looked really badass. but the main one for the biggest article just had that little cap as a helmet. Sure, they can have futuristic liqiud armour and body exoskeletons but that wont help much if they get shot in the face.

Old 2005-08-25, 22:50
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARS
So, er. What the fuck are they actually gonna call this when 2010 comes about?

pre-edit. don't answer.

Hahaha......you could have just not posted.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-08-25, 22:59
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

all they need now is the BFG.

Old 2005-08-25, 23:26
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

nah Plasma Rifle, the big street sweeper!!!

Old 2005-08-26, 01:37
low-tech
Post-whore

i think lasers are actually banned by the UN or something, its in some wierd arms treaty i think, no laser guns or everyone is pissed off......... i love arbitrary rules that are made for warfare

Old 2005-08-26, 01:42
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Haha wtf. Laser guns are a long way off. Well, technically not lasers but a small enough energy source capable of powering one.

Edit: Seems like they've got the display down. Apparently it'll be the size of a postage stamp, and from a medics point of view, will look like this:
http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?...warrior24on.jpg

Check out these links for a bit more info:
http://www.military.com/soldiertech...arrior,,00.html

http://nanotechwire.com/news.asp?nid=739&ntid=131&pg=2

It'll be interesting to see what the future holds for these nanotech batteries, in terms of battery life, reliability and durability. I'm sure this is what the US military will be using when the FFW system finally comes into play.

More info:
http://nanotechwire.com/news.asp?nid=879&ntid=131&pg=2

http://nanotechwire.com/news.asp?nid=772

Finally concerning nanotechnology in general, the US govt. is spending tens of billions of dollars on research (most likely for their military). Who knows, perhaps instead of sending soldiers, we will be sending swarms of "nano units" to battle? But that's a long, long way off!

Last edited by blizzard_beast : 2005-08-26 at 02:14.

Old 2005-08-27, 02:46
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Holy crap, that guy representing the 2020 Future Warrior Uniform System looks like a copyright infringement of DOOM.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-08-27, 03:11
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I can't wait until we wear uniforms that looks like Storm Troopers and we answer to Lord Vader

Really though, warfare changes all the time, always evolving, more effecient. nuclear weapons are lame compared to some of the research being done on some of the precision weapon systems today. Sure laser weapons are not practical for todays foot soldier, cause of the power requirments envolved, but for a mobile military platform with excess amounts of power it is very pracitcal.

The Navy only has one more CVN 77, USS Goerge HW Bush, Nimitz class Carrier being built. Then its on to the CVX Class Carriers and they are being designed to be able to equip energy weapons. High tech death

Old 2005-08-27, 03:18
powersofterror
Forum Leader

I can't wait till I see Mr. Soul carrying a rain gun like they did in the movie "Eraser."

This is my band's page

Old 2005-08-27, 03:35
low-tech
Post-whore

dont buy into everything you read blizzard, the nanotech batteries and all that gear sounds cool but many of the governments defense programs are total rubbish, missle defense being one of them, i remember seeing the "star wars" footage that was trumped up by ronny rayguns 20 years ago........and no it wasnt a bluff to fool the soviets like everyone was saying when raygun died, he totally tried to get that shit started<he did this big state of the union speech about it in the mid 80's that i saw recently>, which was then and still is completely scientifically impossible. general electric was fined 1 billions dollars and forced to sell thier entire arms department due to faulty laser guided missles after the first gulf war. since i live near boston i read about what MIT has on the drawing board for prototypes for body armor, weapons and stuff. its all a bunch of photoshopped photos and science fiction rip off. last one i saw they were talking about invisible cloaking device soilder gear, like in the movie predator, the media loves to play that shit up

Old 2005-08-27, 17:26
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Personally I think all that is very exciting. Although I doubt it would be fielded to the entire army of course, there are all sorts of dumb fucks in my MOS that would never deserve quality like that. That equipment is more of Infantry and Special Forces fare.....fuck...look at Ghost Recon!! Definitely cool though

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2005-08-28, 01:09
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Me too. I actually seen a device that could somehow bind light around it. I don't know if it was real or not but it really looked cool. Kinda like the Preditor armor effect. Only problem is that I think it would catch the attention of the eye easier then normal camoflage when you move around. Your eye can spot those things that don't look natural.

Old 2005-08-28, 02:37
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Unless it's dark outside.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-08-28, 03:23
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Unless it's dark outside.

Now that would be fucking sick

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2005-08-28, 03:42
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Especially if you wanna grab a bunch of ass.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-08-28, 03:47
i_hate_nu_metal
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Especially if you wanna grab a bunch of ass.

The Dark Assgrabber strikes again!!!

Old 2005-08-28, 04:12
low-tech
Post-whore

if you had the predator gear all you can think of to do is ass grabbin............shit man, id be shoplifting everything, driving bmws off the lot and crashing them into the ocean, stealing 40ozs and shit

Old 2005-08-28, 05:02
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Yeah but wouldn't you be in the light then? I think I would see a light bending figure walk into a 7-11, grab a 40oz, and walk out without paying. And if not, Predator gear will not protect you from setting security alarms off in a closed store.

Old 2005-08-28, 05:53
low-tech
Post-whore

it would flip everyones wig, would you try to stop something that looks like the predator from stealing a 40oz, i sure as shit wont. i mean, im just kidding around and i think if that technology was developed it would be kept under wraps for the most part. it would make more sense. thats why i think reading about it kinda indicates that its too far off to be a reality. im just usually skeptical and sometimes conspiratorial about you know......"them"

Old 2005-08-28, 06:02
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

lol, I am the "THEM", but I don't know how I would react to a Predator light bending thing walking in and taking a 40oz out of my frig. I would just be shocked. The police would never believe it.

Old 2005-08-29, 01:02
powersofterror
Forum Leader

That would be very fucking funny if that happened to my fridge. I can see it now....the predator stealing my loaf of bread...

This is my band's page

Old 2005-08-30, 06:10
i_hate_nu_metal
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
if you had the predator gear all you can think of to do is ass grabbin............

You know, come to think of it, I'd grab some titties, too.

Old 2005-08-30, 14:51
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Lmao