MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2004-10-04, 14:17
Fakemind
New Blood

....that one thing

I am curently in the study of the human mind and forms of psycoligy. Being a musician i was wondering what other musicians though of this. I am in a study of the fact that every one gets out of bed for one reason. No matter the person every one only has one reason for continuing life. The highest statistic so far is 62% of all asked say they get up and go to school/work only because they are suppose to or only cause everyone else does. Whats your one thing?

The following quote may contain spelling errors.......and i care not.

Respect List: Credit to Dementia

Old 2004-10-04, 14:33
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

I have a fair bit of psychology in my study too, I study laws and organisation managment (like, giving training to top managers and stuff, analysing their behavior etc.)

I think its pretty cool, I enjoy those classes way more then boring law classes... ofcourse the human mind is a wonderfull thing, all the theory's in psychology are cool as fuck.

Old 2004-10-04, 14:45
Fakemind
New Blood

ya i love it, i am currently working on a system of directed conversations to scitzophrania by extinguishing the need for the separation in the mind of the subject..............aka, a cure. One positive reaction , and working on the second.

Old 2004-10-04, 14:57
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

hm.. but how does your system work?

as in, how do you get the subject to stop his need for letting out his seperate personalities?

Old 2004-10-04, 15:08
Fakemind
New Blood

it's very complicated and still in the testing phase. i might get into it another time. scyitz is when some one sees things that are not there or talk to poeple that they see but do not really exist. Split personallity disorder is where they change gears so to speak into different persons , usually caused by a tramatic experiance to compensate for their lack of ability to cope with the event. My new study i am working with is most effective in these situations by talking to both sides and showing them that they have the power to deal with said trama. it takes many stages and is very tedias. The most interesting stage if envocking the new or created side to stay around for a while and life as we all see it thus by proving to the created that they don't really want to be around any way. It's very strange and very "out of the box".

Old 2004-10-04, 15:16
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

All this is way over my head, but it is real cool shit though.

Old 2004-10-04, 15:27
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I think the best way to save a mental patient is that you have gone through some of the same symptoms. Some doc in a glass jar studying books isn't always that smart. One who has atually felt some of these urges and been able to fight it and stay sane would be a powerful message to the patient. I'm a music major so I do use a somewhat psychological mind. For example, I am classically conditioned to channel feelings into a song, giving it a sort of 6th sense. By playing music( )and being good at it, I could make you think things that you may have never felt before. Haha, most of the time, like in solo class, I usually just put people to sleep. I try to write things that give you the greatest variety of feeling into the same style of music. They say when you listen to orchestrial music while you take tests help you concentrate. Some of my teachers did it to me through high school but honestly I thought it was a mistake. All it ever did was take my mind off the test to listen to the great music, shit. I see the point behind music is because it can easily be a life story. The way you play a "slow, easy listening" classical piece can be the difference between an Elegy and a waltz; an elegy being a form of music performed at a funeral.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Last edited by powersofterror : 2004-10-04 at 15:35.

Old 2004-10-04, 15:30
Fakemind
New Blood

i'm not a doctor, just a very smart documented case myself. Which is why i am doing this study. I am working in corperation with a few docs in my family but the inital studies and ideas are mine.

Old 2004-10-04, 15:31
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakemind
it's very complicated and still in the testing phase. i might get into it another time. scyitz is when some one sees things that are not there or talk to poeple that they see but do not really exist. Split personallity disorder is where they change gears so to speak into different persons , usually caused by a tramatic experiance to compensate for their lack of ability to cope with the event. My new study i am working with is most effective in these situations by talking to both sides and showing them that they have the power to deal with said trama. it takes many stages and is very tedias. The most interesting stage if envocking the new or created side to stay around for a while and life as we all see it thus by proving to the created that they don't really want to be around any way. It's very strange and very "out of the box".

sounds interesting, are you actually getting permission to test this stuff? that would be mighty cool.. but also dangerous, you know what I'm saying.

focussing on the trauma that has caused 'the split' in the past can be difficult, I've read about similair studies that has devestating results on the subject. it might be hard to identify the case itself too, in most studies they used psycho-analysis whilst putting the subject under hypnosis, the problem was that some of the subjects actually brought 'back' parts of the conversation after hypnosis, but not in the form of the person who was in hypnosis but in that of their counterpart, making it even more difficult to understand their actual problem. rare cases ofcourse, but interesting to hear about.

Ofcourse if you can identify the 'issue' that started it all, it would be more easy to cope with people with schizoprenia.(btw, I think thats the way to type it correctly.. or well according to my book.) the biggest problem is getting the subject to be self contious and able to deal with his other identity (or multiple..)

Old 2004-10-04, 15:34
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
i'm not a doctor, just a very smart documented case myself. Which is why i am doing this study. I am working in corperation with a few docs in my family but the inital studies and ideas are mine.

in which year of the study are you now and what level is it on?

I study in Utrecht, at the HVU, 3th year.

Old 2004-10-04, 15:41
Fakemind
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def

Ofcourse if you can identify the 'issue' that started it all, it would be more easy to cope with people with schizoprenia.(btw, I think thats the way to type it correctly.. or well according to my book.) the biggest problem is getting the subject to be self contious and able to deal with his other identity (or multiple..)

Once again i am not trying to win any spelling awards here sounds like you are intellegent enough to focus you energy on other things. And yes it is dangerous " for the subject" which is why i am the subject. In most cases the created is in more control then the creator so this does make scence when the created knows these things. There entire existance is mothing nmore then to handle the things the creator can not. durring hyp stage the subject swiches gears because the ordeal is too much hence the created takes in the information doing what it is designed to do and the creator is still left in there little perfect world.

Old 2004-10-04, 15:44
Fakemind
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
in which year of the study are you now and what level is it on?

I study in Utrecht, at the HVU, 3th year.

we are in the second year and it's getting pretty advanced and refined. I am very fortunate to be left in the loop in this. Most of the time they would just take you idea and push you out while they do an independant study.

Old 2004-10-04, 15:56
Credit to Dementia
Supreme Metalhead

Hey Fakemind, you ever see Session 9? Might be right up your alley.

Old 2004-10-04, 15:59
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
we are in the second year and it's getting pretty advanced and refined. I am very fortunate to be left in the loop in this. Most of the time they would just take you idea and push you out while they do an independant study.

well. that sucks. over here they encourage ideas and student projects, hell some people even get funds from school to do them.

is it a four or five year study?

Old 2004-10-04, 16:00
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Once again i am not trying to win any spelling awards here sounds like you are intellegent enough to focus you energy on other things.

haha, just wanted to know if I typed it right, my english is far from perfect you know...

Old 2004-10-04, 16:01
Fakemind
New Blood

no , but you have my attention.

Old 2004-10-04, 16:05
Credit to Dementia
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
no , but you have my attention.

I do? Oh, well, Session 9's just a good cinematic example of the split personalities forming after a trauma. Certainly better than Identity, if you can take the slow pace and ambiguity. Also, it teaches you how to perform a lobotomy with things you have around the house and a minimum of difficulty, in case you ever need to.

Old 2004-10-04, 16:09
Fakemind
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credit to Dementia
I do? Oh, well, Session 9's just a good cinematic example of the split personalities forming after a trauma. Certainly better than Identity, if you can take the slow pace and ambiguity. Also, it teaches you how to perform a lobotomy with things you have around the house and a minimum of difficulty, in case you ever need to.

Nice, i'll have to look that up,besides you never know when you have to do a home lobotomy. I must say one of the most accuratly portraied film that caputed aall aspects( demecitia, paranioia, insomnia,God complex, ect.) Would have to be fight club.

Old 2004-10-04, 17:21
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

I'm going to write a huge, fuck-off, oh-my-god-this-post-is-not-unlike-a-doctrine post in here when I wake up in the morning. I can't be arsed right now. Be prepared.

Old 2004-10-04, 17:53
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
Nice, i'll have to look that up,besides you never know when you have to do a home lobotomy. I must say one of the most accuratly portraied film that caputed aall aspects( demecitia, paranioia, insomnia,God complex, ect.) Would have to be fight club.

I thought Identity was a great movie, especially the ending great line. Fight club portrayed it nicely but because it is a movie they must change things on purpose...
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2004-10-04, 18:20
societys finest
Supreme Metalhead

fight club is awesome

Old 2004-10-04, 19:40
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Def: Schizophrenia. My nan has a mild form of schizophrenia although she does not exhibit split personalities. She has more of a persecution complex coupled with hypochondria (a symptom of craving attention) and mild paranoia. Oh and Def, your English is better than most of the people here who have English as a first language.

I had a friend who I used to work with who studied Psychology at University. She was writing a thesis on the penal system towards attaining her masters, but I don't know if she has submitted it yet (she had a kid whilst doing it). She used to show me some of the themes she was discussing such as how being incarcerated affects inmates and such. I remember it being quite interesting at the time although I cannot recall any specifics.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Last edited by johnmansley : 2004-10-04 at 19:43.

Old 2004-10-04, 21:05
Fakemind
New Blood

you know guys this conversation is all nice and dandy but i have never seen a thread go so far off topic. yes folks, the relpy count is climbing rediculessly and still not one answer or reply to the entire reason this thread exist.

Old 2004-10-04, 21:25
Transient
HES BAAACK

i get out of bed for a few reasons. one, responsibility. two, music. three, maybe a woman, depending. but my first thought is never a romantic, musical, or responsiblity thought. its just that i KNOW i have to get up and get going. is this some kind of bad mentality? i dont usually have a last thought before sleep or a first thougt on waking up. i usually just get up and go and think later on in the day. ive answered to the best of my ability , hope i helped

Old 2004-10-04, 21:33
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
I am curently in the study of the human mind and forms of psycoligy. Being a musician i was wondering what other musicians though of this. I am in a study of the fact that every one gets out of bed for one reason. No matter the person every one only has one reason for continuing life. The highest statistic so far is 62% of all asked say they get up and go to school/work only because they are suppose to or only cause everyone else does. Whats your one thing?

If I get up for school it's because I'm done sleeping. School is important and a must; not because I want it, but because I need it. First of all, I don't want to seem like a dumbass in front of people or my future kids because I can't help them with their homework. Another good reason is for the wisdom itself. Did you ever see that sad wise old man sitting on the blanket who answers questions all day? That's me. Another reason is for the supremity. I'd rather stop people dead with words than action, for the willed breath of me is far superior than the might of me. That is why I get up in the morning. Not because my mommy says so, but because it makes me feel like god. But then again, I might just be full of myself...Well shit how the hell could I forget about Music?!?!?! There's a good reason. I've spent more than half my life playing music and I'll be damned if I let that go. Women are nice too...if you got them.

This is my band's page

Last edited by powersofterror : 2004-10-04 at 21:36.

Old 2004-10-04, 21:58
Credit to Dementia
Supreme Metalhead

I get out of bed in the morning because there are places I'd rather be. Except for those times I wake up with a girlfriend; then I usually like to stay in bed a while. But as for the rest, my bed's not such a pleasant place that I really need any motivation whatsoever to get out of it. Is this dodging the question? Then I dodged the question.

Old 2004-10-05, 01:47
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
I am curently in the study of the human mind and forms of psycoligy.

Until you spell it properly, I won't believe you.

Quote:
scyitz is when some one sees things that are not there or talk to poeple that they see but do not really exist. Split personallity disorder is where they change gears so to speak into different persons , usually caused by a tramatic experiance to compensate for their lack of ability to cope with the event.

There are so many problems with this I don't know where to begin.

Schizophrenia is a blanket term that describes different co-occuring forms of disturbance - hallucinations and delusions are only one part of it. There are five subtypes of classified schizophrenia, all of which are different. Cases of so-called 'split personality' (which is called Multiple Personality Disorder, you fucking stool-pit imbecile) have absolutely nothing to do with schizophrenia, they are incredibly rare and very difficult to deal with. Neither schizophrenia nor M.P.D. are caused by 'trauma'. If you knew what caused them, you'd win a Nobel Prize. There are genetic, health, chemical, age, infection and drug intake factors that are all implicated in schizophrenia.

Quote:
My new study i am working with is most effective in these situations by talking to both sides and showing them that they have the power to deal with said trama. it takes many stages and is very tedias.

You sound like a fucking douchebag hippy. You're addressing both sides of someone with a personality schism and talking them out of it??? Perhaps you could come to the clinic I'm going to intern out and talk some of the patients out of hardcore psychosis. That would be tremendously amusing, but unfortunately you wouldn't be able to recognise one because they don't behave in anything even remotely like the way you described.

Now, I'm going to speculate and say you're not qualified to be working in healthcare. Why would I be so cruel and unusual? Because usually people who are qualified as psychologists and treat schizophrenia both know what it is, and can spell it.

Quote:
The most interesting stage if envocking the new or created side to stay around for a while and life as we all see it thus by proving to the created that they don't really want to be around any way. It's very strange and very "out of the box".

I shudder to think you actually did that to someone.

In conclusion, you're a dangerous idiot. Things on this board don't usually make me in any way serious, but it sounds like you're either lying your hairy arse off to us or you're engaging in the most dangerous, rampantly speculative tree-hugging therapy methods known to whatever alleged science you're practising. Schizophrenics have enough trouble without you being alive.

Oh, and to answer your question, I got out of bed this morning with the intention of finding some thick-browed low-birthweight pig-dicking shit-sniffing retard and yelling at them. You retard.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2004-10-05, 01:56
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Some doc in a glass jar studying books isn't always that smart.

Hence, intern programs, registration boards, prac. exams, theraputic training, personal psychotherapy and the fact that most practising psychologists are a bit fucking mad anyway. Doctors are far, far more guilty of being theory-monsters than therapists are.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2004-10-05, 02:03
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

As for the topic...

Why do i wake up. well, now its to go to work. i used to wake up because i wasnt tired anymore. But i think what youre getting at is why we continue life. and from that i think you mean what we care about. i care about, music. more specifically: guitar+keyboard, beer, friends+relatives, and times that stay with you forever, moments you never forget because you loved them so much.

Last edited by timedragon : 2004-10-05 at 02:05.

Old 2004-10-05, 02:43
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Some doc in a glass jar studying books isn't always that smart.
there is a point to this though, combining with what f_b_s said, you need background knowledge before you can leap into the fire, so to speak. Also there is a usefulness in studying the theories of others so they can be built upto to make new, better theories, or to be taken apart and discredited. I know the old way of doing things in economics was to let the market (i.e. the economy) sort itself out, but that turned out to be a fooish idea in 1929, and they needed a bunch of people sitting in glass booths thinking up new shit to fix it. I know thats not quite to do with psycoligy and human health, as that isnt my area of expretise in any way, though economics does have a little bit to do with the study of mass psycology, but anyway, the point is that acedemia revolves around people thinking up new, better ways to do things, first through studying old methods, then thinking up better wats that these could be done, then testing them.
and if this has nothing to do with what you were on about, then i apoligise.
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2004-10-05, 03:20
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Actually I was implying that a friend that has gone through some similar problems is a far better help than a doc thinking up ways to help. Incidently, you'd be able to relate to each other.

This is my band's page

Old 2004-10-05, 06:54
Severed_Head_Stoner
Gangster Rapper

If i had it my way, i'd get up only when i couldn't bear staying in bed anymore. But my Mum and Dad make me get up... sooooooo. Then at night i can't be fucked going to bed, so i stay up untill the early hours in the morning, only to be woken up again some hours later.

In conclusion...
- Jason Becker

Old 2004-10-05, 15:22
Fakemind
New Blood

Quote:

Oh, and to answer your question, I got out of bed this morning with the intention of finding some thick-browed low-birthweight pig-dicking shit-sniffing retard and yelling at them. You retard.

Love you too there kitten, sounds like some one was never breast fead. Whats wrong kitten, mommy never loved you? aaaawwwwwwwwww. You fucking moron, if you even bothered to read what i have been saying " I AM THE SUBJECT!" you fucking twit.not the doc. god damn for as smart as you are your pretty fucking stupid. why to you think my name is FAKEMIND? I kinda think i know what it is, and how is is contracted, there are 2 ways, you are born with a chemichal defitincy in the nuron recepters of the brain, or you had massive trauma, wanna know how i fucking got it? I saw my best friends head blown off my a god damn 12ga while i was sitting beside him, then forced at gun point to clean his brains of the fucking wall and bag him. Go ahaed make fun of me now you prick. god damn, are you some kind of admin of somethin, if so i really feel sorry for this site.

Last edited by Fakemind : 2004-10-05 at 15:55.

Old 2004-10-06, 00:43
TheDreadfulHoroscope
Supreme Metalhead

We get out of bed at certain times of our choice, or either times we are forced to. For example, in school your forced to get up around 6 (or 5 for me) a.m. Now almost nobody would prefer getting up at that time, but around whatever time you dont feel any fulfillment laying in bed anymore then you WANT to wake up. Why? Because its boring as hell to lay there, if you just layed in bed all day wide awake the day would last forever, and the point of life would disappear. The point of life is to make progress, and continue your purpose. Usually its because we enjoy it, even if we hate our lives at the same time. If you don't enjoy it, then the only why you wouldn't commit suicide and keep living is because you have an obligation not to, your mind internally wants to live.

Thinking about philosophy and phsychology usually results in me becoming mentally disturbed . I've actually become so unhappy from my thoughts that ive gone to shrinks multiple times, but ehhh this is just a problem I have to live with, thats what my end result of all this counciling was.

Old 2004-10-06, 01:02
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Aha.

You see, I myself have struggled with mental disorders in the past, in particular delusions and paranoia. Other people made it a lot worse for me. The doctor would sit there, listen to me, and nod and make a sad face and tell me how poor and disadvantaged I am. That made it worse and worse and even brought up new shit. Before her I did some very harmful things to myself because of my dillusion, and some of them nearly killed me, but after her I couldn't ride on a train without having a silent panic attack and feeling like I'm going to be killed at every turn. I coudn't go outside, and inside I was pretty miserable too. I ended up ditching the doctors and spending a whole week thinking and reasoning with myself and now I'm fine. Looking back on it I think it was pretty stupid. A friend of mine did exactly the same with a different mental disorder. Doctors draw too much attention to the illness and away from the person. It's the person who has the illness and not the illness that has the person. If they only told me to fight,told me that I'm just a person and not someone who would be pursued, told me that nobody wants to hurt me, all time slapping me on the face to underline the point, I would have been fine a lot sooner. They told me I was brave for coming out. Sure, but I would have been better off without them. People have the ability to cure themselves. If you remind yourself that you're still you and stop thinking of yourself as someone dominated by an illness, stop coming back to it and stop all the stupid self-pity and move on, I believe that anyone can make themselves better that way. Self pity only makes it worse.

Old 2004-10-07, 00:25
Fakemind
New Blood

I know exactly what you mean. I have lived most of my life the same way, the sad part is i am willing to bet most of the world is the same as well. Just remember ........just because your paranoid doesn't mean therre not after you.

Old 2004-10-07, 02:19
TheDreadfulHoroscope
Supreme Metalhead

Yeah there are such things as conpiracies you know, hehe.

But during my whole time of major mental insanity I also had all this odd anxiety resulting from what I was talking about and situations were I kill people because I realized that its so easy to be dangerous, but in the end I just realized that means that im so non violent because I worry about it. Alot of it is just really pointless anxiety, I was diagnosed w/ "general anxiety disorder" and a couple different types of depression. I feel disturbed somewhat today but I can still enjoy things easily.

Old 2004-10-07, 02:50
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

The book Xenocide by Orson Scott Card is filled with wierd stuff like this.

Old 2004-10-07, 20:37
Transient
HES BAAACK

christ, thats a terrible story youve got there.