MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2009-02-23, 16:16
Unanything
Post-whore

Schecter UK distributors

I have played a Schecter for 3 years now and after a long stale period I am back on it. Getting back into appreciaetd guitars and researching a new guitar, I see they have released basically a generally-improved version of my current one.

I also saw that the store that I bought my current one from, Sound Control, has closed down.

Ha ha. Ha ha ha. Ha haha, ha haha, ha-ha, ha. Ha. Ha.

Especially to the lacksadaisical cunt that served me. I was about to give my vague memories of his name and appearance so one of you could bring me his head. Then I remembered that the only reason you'd go to Dundee from the other side of the world without being forced to go there is for the sake of humanity with a minigun, flamethrower and an armoured battalion with naval support, so you'll probably catch him anyway.

ANYWAY...

I am having (like before) trouble in finding a reliable distributor in the UK, as in somewhere that might not have the one I want in but would without delay phone up Schecter HQ and have one in by 2 or so months time. I would prefer a store in Scotland, so I could potentially visit it.

I just need suggestions or someone better informed's knowledge on it as I'm finding it hard myself finding such a place. Schecter's site also has dick-all. A lot of the would-be links and tabs are dud. Namely the "Dealers" tab. Also, a lot of the articles I've read about Schecter's UK distribution have loads of dud links in them too.

Basically, if not anything, just tell me what has happened between Schecter and the UK. It would equally be of use.

Note: THIS IS TO HELP ANYONE HERE IN BRITAIN INTERESTED IN OR PLAYING SCHECTER THAT ARE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING A DEALER.

Thank you very much,
- Callum.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2009-02-27, 01:54
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Sound Control folded, but not completely. They basically shut two thirds of the stores, redistributed the stock that didn't sell in the sale and started trading again as Reverb, often with the same staff. This was the case in Bristol anyway.

I only mention this because they are still retailers for Schecter. Sounds like you wouldn't be rushing to give them your cash again in a hurry though.

Sound Control and GAK were the two biggest chains in the UK, so I guess try out GAK or you'll have to start ringing around independant shops in your area alphabetically until you find one who sells Schecter.

Old 2009-02-27, 19:19
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213
Sound Control folded, but not completely. They basically shut two thirds of the stores, redistributed the stock that didn't sell in the sale and started trading again as Reverb, often with the same staff. This was the case in Bristol anyway.

I only mention this because they are still retailers for Schecter. Sounds like you wouldn't be rushing to give them your cash again in a hurry though.

Sound Control and GAK were the two biggest chains in the UK, so I guess try out GAK or you'll have to start ringing around independant shops in your area alphabetically until you find one who sells Schecter.

I didn't see Schecter on GAK. Although I'm quite sure I followed a link through to Schecter on GAK as well at one point.

Considering the trouble I am probably going to go to to get this thing otherwise, I may brave Reverb. It wasn't bad pricing but I can't get over the thought that their laziness might cost me in waiting. It's a few months away yet, so... They also have a store in Glasgow which I can visit.

Is it new management or just a bounceback?

Thanks and any more new insights or advice are welcome.

Quote:
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2009-02-27, 22:29
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

why not try ebay??

I just sold my Schecter diamond 7 string yesterday to a guy at work. Really dont miss it much either...,..

Old 2009-03-18, 19:03
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanything
Is it new management or just a bounceback?

I worked at a small independant guitar shop in Bristol and when that moved location I couldn't go too, so I was in the market for work. I handed a CV into Sound Control on the off-chance seeing as I had experience. Months later after the fold, I'd found another job elsewhere but the same manager phoned me up asking if I was still interested in work as they would be reopening under a new name. Again, I'm not sure if that was the case across the country. I guess you should just go in and see how many of the staff you recognise!

Old 2009-04-11, 13:20
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213
I worked at a small independant guitar shop in Bristol and when that moved location I couldn't go too, so I was in the market for work. I handed a CV into Sound Control on the off-chance seeing as I had experience. Months later after the fold, I'd found another job elsewhere but the same manager phoned me up asking if I was still interested in work as they would be reopening under a new name. Again, I'm not sure if that was the case across the country. I guess you should just go in and see how many of the staff you recognise!

You are probably right. I only really remember that one guy from the shop though. His appearance was the only lively thing about him. I guess if they let him work there before, then...

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2010-11-03, 18:20
mpackio1970
New Blood

I agree that eBay might be good bet if you can negotiate some decent shipping cost.

Old 2011-04-01, 03:24
psylocke24
New Blood

Today ebay is where people first look at the the things they wanted to buy. Try to search Schecter on ebay.