Submit a Tab
Thank you for submitting your tab to the MetalTabs.com archive! Please read these guidelines before sending your tab:
A. Content and format
0. It must be a METAL tab. There're a lot of great bands which are not metal, but this site is only about metal. No rock, punk, nu-metal, pop, whatever tabs will be added. The only exception from this "metal only" rule is Metallica, read the FAQ to find out why. Also, the tab must be for an established band with at least one officially released album. Do not submit tabs for your garage bands, they will not be accepted.
1. It must be your original, ear-transcribed work. Don't send tabs you found out on the Internet, or tabs taken directly from magazines or tab books. If you found to be involved in plagiarism, your account and all your tabs will be deleted without notice.
2. Textual tabs must be in plain text format. This means your tab must look good formatted with a fixed-width font (like courier). Don't send tabs formatted with a variable-width font (like arial, times, etc), they simply won't be archived. Also, your tab must be no wider than 80 characters at any point.
3. It must be as complete as possible. Don't send intros, solos, or riffs, try to transcribe the entire song.
4. It must not contain any lyrics. Lyrics are copyrighted by an appropriate label/band and cannot be republished.
5. It must include the band name, album name, song title, and your contact e-mail. Give full credit to the band and the label, you didn't write the song. Feel free to use this template.
0. All tabs must be submitted using this form. You need to register and to login in order to use it. Tabs sent by e-mail won't be accepted.
1. The form will ask you about the type of you your tab; the band name, the album, and the song the tab is for; and finally you will need to copy/paste the tab itself. Please select the values in the list boxes wherever it is possible. This will make the archiving easier and faster.
2. If you want to correct a tab of someone else, contact the original author and propose updating the tab and adding you as a co-author.
3. After you submitted the tab, a new thread will be automatically created in the Pending Tabs forum. It will be used for feedback until the tab is archived.
C. Archiving and updating
0. It can take up to a month before the tab is archived. During this perion the tab is being checked for accuracy and plagiarism by dedicated forum moderators and regular forum members. Please neither re-post nor email it, this will only create confusion and might cause that your tab won't be archived at all.
1. When your tab is processed, the corresponding forum thread is automatically locked, and the thread title will indicate whether the tab was archived or rejected.
2. If you made an update to your tab or found a typo, simply re-submit the tab.
Following these guidelines will save a lot of work and will cause your tab to be archived faster. Thanks for understanding!
If you have a question on these guidelines feel free to contact me.