MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2004-10-19, 19:41
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
What are you trying to say? Did you read the rest of the thread? Dumb DHL delivered it like 4 houses down from where I use to live, but thanks to online tracking, I know that and went down there to get it. My neighbors lied and said they didn't know what I was talking about, but someone had signed my name for the delivery just minutes before. I went back home to call DHL about this and the guitar showed up at my front door less than a minute later unopened. The neighbor had it 10 minutes tops after DHL fucked up, so I don't understand what you mean by, "I'll bet that they know the power.... :P". I have the guitar if that is what you wanted to know. My X-neighbors were about to feel THE POWER of my wraith if the guitar didn't show up when it did, though. They couldn't have known what it was either because it came delivered with about 500 layers of bubble wrap and tape around the hard-shell case. It took about 20 minutes just to open it myself.

Well earlier you said, "once i get my soulinsane custom, all the nieghbors will know my true power" or somthing along 5he lines of that (this was before you got your guitar) then when your guitar came it got delivered to your neighbors house, which is kinda ironic considering you were going to unleash your power on them with your soulinsane custom. I guess they did want you to have ultimate power and unleash it on them with your ultimate custom.

EDIT: Post 200. word. I feel so special now.

Old 2004-10-19, 19:54
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

It worked out right in the end anyway. I just get the feeling that Messehobo4 is trying to starting trouble, because his post just sounded angsty? Don't you know him?

Old 2004-10-19, 19:56
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
It worked out right in the end anyway, but I just get the feeling that Messehobo4 is trying to starting trouble perhaps? Don't you know him?
Yea, i was there when he made the post, hes pretty much trying to say exactly what i just said up above. He's not starting anything.

EDIT:Brand New cyber-shot p73 (sony) just came here like 1 min ago. Now i just have to wait for the guitar. lol.

Old 2004-10-19, 20:00
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

My bad then I just didn't understand. No hard feelings

It's weird that it happened to me, but after everything else, I wasn't surprized either.

Old 2004-10-19, 20:57
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boesefloe
Oh yes!!
That sounds very cool! Great color!
What body shape will it be?
How long do you still have to wait for it?

thanks!!

bodyshape of the kramer stagemaster:

http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/95/78/eb_12_s.JPG

and the headstock of a jackson dinky!

I'll order the guitar this coming friday and pay the first half next week, I'm going to Osnabruck (ibbenburen) and check out all pickups at music-productiv first... after that I know everything I need. (great shop by the way!)

Old 2004-10-20, 09:55
boesefloe
New Blood

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
thanks!!

bodyshape of the kramer stagemaster:

http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/95/78/eb_12_s.JPG

and the headstock of a jackson dinky!

I'll order the guitar this coming friday and pay the first half next week, I'm going to Osnabruck (ibbenburen) and check out all pickups at music-productiv first... after that I know everything I need. (great shop by the way!)

COOL!
That Instrument will be really great!
Musik Produktiv is a nice store! many many many many guitars there! Enough for testing out your pickups.

The hardest thing is wait for it! The days are damn long...

BTW I ordered two other Xplorers from Dariusz a few weeks ago! They will be finished on new year I guess. One for my band collegue, the other for myself.
I canīt stand it anymore. Damn waiting

Last edited by boesefloe : 2004-10-25 at 01:17.

Old 2004-10-21, 01:23
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Haxsk8, what's the word on your Ran bro? Any problems?

Old 2004-10-21, 01:36
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Originally Posted by boesefloe
COOL!
That Instrument will be really great!
Musik Produktiv is a nice store! many many many many guitars there! Enough for testing out your pickups.

The hardest thing is wait for it! The days are damn long...

BTW I ordered two other Xplorers from Dariusz a few weeks ago! They will be finished on new year I guess. One for my band collegue, the other for myself.
I canīt stand it anymore. Damn waiting

Whoah! 2 more rans! Wow!

Old 2004-10-21, 01:44
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Well if they play as well as everyone says (which im sure they do) and their this cheap..

then damn id buy more than one if i had the money.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-10-21, 02:30
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Haxsk8, what's the word on your Ran bro? Any problems?

Im pretty sure hes still makin it, itll prolly be done soon, like 1 more month i have no idea how long its been since i actuall y made the wire transfer, ill check. He sent me a pic of the RR case, and it looks pretty funny.

http://metaltabs.com/forum/attachme...tachmentid=3693

Old 2004-10-21, 02:42
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

That is a funky looking case.

Old 2004-10-21, 02:46
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
That is a funky looking case.
Hopefully its good quality.

Old 2004-10-21, 02:51
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Meh, I wouldnt really care if it were a good case, as long as the guitar arrived safely.

Old 2004-10-21, 03:06
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

My case looks kinda like that too. It's a good case so don't worry about that.

Old 2004-10-21, 03:08
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
My case looks kinda like that too. It's a good case so don't worry about that.

Alright cool. I got an skb case for my les paul, and it was pretty shitty, like warped style one end was slightly twisted to one direction while the other end twisted to the other direction. I relized the actual gibson cases for les pauls were much higher qaulity.

Old 2004-10-21, 03:16
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Ran cases are leather of something with a soft inside and fit the guitars perfect. I don't know where they are made, I didn't really look either, but I trust them. Besides, it's what's inside that counts

Old 2004-10-21, 03:20
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Ran cases are leather of something with a soft inside and fit the guitars perfect. I don't know where they are made, I didn't really look either, but I trust them. Besides, it's what's inside that counts

Anyways who really gives a shit about the case? As long as it adequately protects the guitar, I dont.

Old 2004-10-21, 03:23
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

So true, but you also want a case that will not warp the guitar neck as well as protect it.

Old 2004-10-21, 03:26
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
So true, but you also want a case that will not warp the guitar neck as well as protect it.

Exactly, and you want a snug case, so it doenst moe around alot in there.

Old 2004-10-21, 03:31
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

I only have gig bags. Well, I have a hard shell for my jackson but I havent touched that guitar for a few months now.

Old 2004-10-21, 20:53
h4x5k8
Post-whore

sounds pretty badass, did you just do it yourself or get help from any websites or anything?

Old 2004-10-21, 22:26
Steve
New Blood

Exclamation

First of all Hi to everyone, i read yesterday the hole thread and it was Wow! What an odyssey for a bad ass sofa king sexy guitar, Soulinsane you should be really proud of her! Second I had been practising on a budget guitar for nearly 4 years now and it s time (equals enough money) to change, so i found ran guitars and it was truly at first sight.. I m (just like haxsk8) want to own the best custom RR ever made! But i ve got some problems (first one cause i m not familiar with the english terms used for guitar stuffs, i m from Hungary, my second neighbour country guess what? Poland
Somebody could be so nice and make my day
-what is Body Binding Top or Back or Fingerboard Binding
Headstock Binding (it must be so trivial i used dictionary but it gave no clue)
-1 5/8", 1 11/16" what is the difference between these two (like personal preferenc, harder to play on the wider one? )
-fret size standard/medium/extra jumbo what is the diff?
Thanx ahead!

Old 2004-10-21, 22:32
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Body binding is the white tuff around this guitar.. http://www.midcoast.com/~auctions/n...ng_ltd/body.jpg

Headstock and Neck binding the the white stuff around the fretboard and headstock of this neck http://members.aol.com/KrmrKrazy/pointrev.gif

The Nut width is all personal preference

And the fret size is how tall and wide the frets are.

Jumbo is used on most guitars (ESP, Jackson, Ibanez)

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-10-21, 22:42
Steve
New Blood

Tons of thanks!

Old 2004-10-22, 04:54
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Ok. Getting the LED sidemakers into the guitar neck was the biggest pain in the ass I have ever delt with, but was really cheap to do. I will get some pics of it soon so you can see.

I have 1 blue LED at the base of the neck, inside the body, that is wired to a mirco switch and powered by a 9V battery. The LED directs it's light into a bundle of fiber optics that all meet at the tip of the LED. Each fiber optic runs and ends flush to a side dot on the 3th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 2 at the 12th, 15th, 17th, 19th, and 21st frets. The fiber optics are run through a small hole that is drilled under the fretboard up to the 3rd fret. Each side dot is drilled down to that tunnel under the fretboard. Very percision work.

The hardest part was feeding the fiber optics into the holes and out the bottom of the neck. The shit as fragile and will break if it is pulled to a sharp angle.

After that the rest was easy. I didn't include every step like polishing the fiber ends, but you get the ideal, right? It looks cool as hell but I don't know if I will ever do it again. It was a bitch getting those little fibers into the guitar without breaking them.

Whoah, that does sound hella-hard. Damn.

Anyways, I just got done setting up my Jackson. I think I'll start playing it again.
I'm so proud of myself. I set up that floyd rose real good.

Old 2004-10-22, 05:18
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Im starting to freak out man, i just cant wait , im getting way anxious (SP?) i cant wait to own hopefully the first and best RR custom made by Ran guitars. I=Exicted

Old 2004-10-22, 05:19
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Whoah, that does sound hella-hard. Damn.

Anyways, I just got done setting up my Jackson. I think I'll start playing it again.
I'm so proud of myself. I set up that floyd rose real good.

I gotta learn how to set those bitches up, ive never fucked with them that much, this ran will be the first floyd guitar i will own.

Old 2004-10-22, 09:13
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Body binding is the white tuff around this guitar.. http://www.midcoast.com/~auctions/n...ng_ltd/body.jpg

Headstock and Neck binding the the white stuff around the fretboard and headstock of this neck http://members.aol.com/KrmrKrazy/pointrev.gif

The Nut width is all personal preference

And the fret size is how tall and wide the frets are.

Jumbo is used on most guitars (ESP, Jackson, Ibanez)

eh... on Ibanez medium frets are standard, right? same goes for most other brands I think.

I don't really like jumbo frets, they play slower or with less feel or something....

Oh, I sent in my final order for my guitar today! I played heaps of guitars yesterday, ESP's, Gibsons, Ibanez's, Jacksons Kramers, Framus's, you name it, I played allmost everything they had in that store in germany, they claim to be the biggest in the world but I don't know about that! also tried the BV300h which sucked, the new Peavey JSX which sounds better then the 5150 IMO, the new Warp X which was only good at low tones.... mesa dual and triple recto's which never seem to bore me. H&K Triamps (Two at a time!!) which ruled... shame they're so expensive. And to top it all, the new Engl Special Edition. it costs more then my car though. but it's one of the best amps I ever played, next to a Soldano SLO100.
God I have a love/hate relationship with those huge stores, they have so many shit to try out which is cool, but you never ever have enough money to go there and buy what you want. haha!

Old 2004-10-22, 09:21
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by haxsk8
Im starting to freak out man, i just cant wait , im getting way anxious (SP?) i cant wait to own hopefully the first and best RR custom made by Ran guitars. I=Exicted

You remind me of myself a few months back I know what your feeling but just wait until thoses last few days... You will not be able to sleep. All you will think of is this guitar. It will consume your life. You will worry about it and think up crazy ideals like, "what if there was a mistake in my order and it turns out to look like a Daisy Rock guitar"

Well, when that starts to happen all you will know to do is post about it here. I will be here and I understand. I will help put your worries to rest. Then finally, the guitar will be in your hands and all will be good

About that Floyd. The guitar should be setup perfect once you get it, but if the action is a not to your liking you will have to adjust the bridge height. It's very easy to do and you should have no problem. Other things involving Floyd you might want to consult a witch doctor, because I'm certain that Floyd and Kahler bridges only operate correctly via some ancient magic. They can be hard to troubleshoot if your not familiar with them. In fact, most times it seems that they defy all logic; as if NASA originaly designed them With a little reseach on this site though and some time with your bridge you will become a master at working on Floyds.

EDIT: Congrads DEF! What are the final specs you decided to get?

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2004-10-22 at 09:25.

Old 2004-10-22, 09:32
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

my final specs are secret, it's going to be a surprise... but there hasn't been much change since my last idea, just some minor details and stuff I sorted out yesterday etc. I'm allready getting getting anxious!!! haha, this is going to be a long wait!

if you ever need any help with your floyd, hax, you can just ask in the gear zone, I'm a licensed floydologist!

Last edited by atifman : 2004-10-24 at 01:53.

Old 2004-10-22, 14:01
h4x5k8
Post-whore

I plan on going for my masters degree in floydology, and maybe after that a bachler in kahleragy.

Old 2004-10-22, 21:42
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
eh... on Ibanez medium frets are standard, right? same goes for most other brands I think.

I don't really like jumbo frets, they play slower or with less feel or something....

Most modern day Superstrat guitars have atleast Jumbo.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-10-22, 22:28
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Man...... I just cant wait for this damn RR, i just got my bodom DVD today and i was watchin alexi holla it up on his bitchass RR and it just makes me splooge thinkin i could soon be doing the same thing, except i cant play as good of course, but still.

Old 2004-10-22, 22:31
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Exclamation Omg!

if you hav a good guitar then you can play really good.

Old 2004-10-23, 17:59
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

I think its kinda cool this thread has been going on for this long.................LOng live the RAN guitar thread.....even though only one of us has one.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2004-10-23, 18:02
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

two right?

and the third one is beeing made for me :

Old 2004-10-23, 18:02
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

There are two poeple on this thread that have one so far and two more on the way.

Old 2004-10-23, 18:04
h4x5k8
Post-whore

yes, yes, but this thread gives much business to RAN, its a place where google ran noobs like i was can come to and read this whole thread for an hour and find out all about ran. And by the way 2 soon, to be 4 people here have rans, Soulinsane and boesefloe have theres, and mine is on its way (1 more month) and def's is very soon to come also.

Old 2004-10-23, 18:14
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

As for this thread, Daruisz himself told me that he got a lot of interest from metaltabs and thinks we're the coolest forum people he ever talked to, now if that ain't a compliment. Ofcourse metaltabs is a ran-breeding-ground now though. satisfied customers are the BEST promotion you can have as a custom guitar builder!

Last edited by atifman : 2004-10-24 at 01:48.

Old 2004-10-23, 18:20
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
pm the brownie (atif) for that, not my area guys, I'm the amp-guy

As for this thread, Daruisz himself told me that he got a lot of interest from metaltabs and thinks we're the coolest forum people he ever talked to, now if that ain't a compliment. Ofcourse metaltabs is a ran-breeding-ground now though. satisfied customers are the BEST promotion you can have as a custom guitar builder!

Will Do.

Old 2004-10-23, 18:21
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

tell him I send ya, he'll love that. *grinns*

Anyways, it probably needs a Part II, long threads slow up the forum etc. we should maybe keep this in some kinda archive or keep it locked/sticky on top.

Old 2004-10-23, 18:39
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
I think Fritz might maybe also have one, but he stoped posting so I don't know. He got all the info he needed from me and just split. He might have the first RR Ran h4x5k8.

I talked to him on aim and he said that he's probably gonna get it next weekend or something. He'll post pics right away when he gets it.

Old 2004-10-23, 18:42
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
I talked to him on aim and he said that he's probably gonna get it next weekend or something. He'll post pics right away when he gets it.

Oh damn! He does have the first RR Ran then! That doesn't mean that yours will not be as cool though h4z5k8.

Old 2004-10-24, 06:07
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Wow, I kinda wish we had never asked Atif to make this a sticky thread. It just doesn't read right now. Kinda confusing, you know!

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2004-10-24 at 06:56.

Old 2004-10-24, 06:54
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Wow, I kinda wish we had never asked Atif to make this a sticky thread. It just does read right now. Kinda confusing, you know!

Yea and like a shitload of posts dissapeared, then no one will ever know the true greatness of the original random rants we had on the ran guitars thread.

Old 2004-10-24, 07:08
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

They were never that long either, but held small and very vital info. Atif may have unknowingly destroyed Ran Guitars on Metaltabs. No one wants to read a broken story... and Ran guitars is a story while still in it's infant stages here. I think it should have been made a sticky thread but I'm not sure so much should have been changed.

Old 2004-10-24, 09:05
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
They were never that long either, but held small and very vital info. Atif may have unknowingly destroyed Ran Guitars on Metaltabs. No one wants to read a broken story... and Ran guitars is a story while still in it's infant stages here. I think it should have been made a sticky thread but I'm not sure so much should have been changed.

I fully agree, much has been lost.

Old 2004-10-24, 15:21
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Most modern day Superstrat guitars have atleast Jumbo.

eh.. if you compare all brands, a lot of them do, but most? I don't know.

Anyways, I'm going with medium on mine, I like them best. I'm getting the invoice from darius and we agreed on the final specs and some final touches, also go the final price. which the highest I've seen in the ran thread, but it's still a great deal.

Old 2004-10-24, 19:21
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Yes most..

Ibanez have Jumbo, Jackson has Jumbo, Kramer has Jumbo, ESP has jumbo

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-10-25, 04:58
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

For anyone wanting to see pic of my Ran guitar go here:

Soulinsane Custom Ran Guitar pics

Old 2004-10-25, 09:53
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Yes most..

Ibanez have Jumbo, Jackson has Jumbo, Kramer has Jumbo, ESP has jumbo

guess if you put it that way, you're right. Guess I've been looking at too much old superstrats, the ones they sell now all have jumbo's, used to be medium's on older shred guitars I though, but I guess I might be wrong there!

Old 2004-10-25, 15:03
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I have always perfered jumbo/extra jumbo frets, specificaly 6100 fretwire or anything similar, but it has to be polished correctly or else if doesn't feel right. Thats works and feels the best for me because it gives me a scalloped fast feel. Others like medium size fretwire. I guess it's all preference but poeple with a heavy touch on the fretboard should use medium to small wire or else they might find their notes going sharp while playing.

I also perfer a 1 11/16" wide nut because it gives me the perfect amount of room to play. Some like 1 5/8" nut sizes but it just feels cramped to me and the reason I don't like Fender strats.

Thank God Ran makes guitars the way you like them

Old 2004-10-25, 17:32
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Thank god for that is correct! I've payed the 50% today after getting my invoice, I told Dariusz he didn't have to send it, I would pay through the internet, that saves me like two weeks of time and it saves him a wait for his money :P

god this guitar is gonna rule... I'm allready getting hyped about it haha and I've got like 3 months ahead of me

Old 2004-10-25, 17:34
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

The last week is the wrost!

Old 2004-10-25, 17:38
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

I bet! Dariusz prolly mails you when its done and needs to be sent out right? mm man that's gonna be fucking crazy when that day comes

I'm busy practising guitar more and drinking less beer, that way, I'll be decent when I get the Ran haha, I don't want a kickass guitar and play shitty or well, shitty in comparisson to that guitar. I need to display a fine piece of marksmanship with it, got a bunch of gigs planed in feb so that would fucking rule!!

Old 2004-10-25, 17:53
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Yes, he e-mails you when he is finished and mails it out. At that point you really start to get crazy just thinking about it

Old 2004-10-25, 20:06
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
I'm busy practising guitar more and drinking less beer, that way, I'll be decent when I get the Ran haha, I don't want a kickass guitar and play shitty or well, shitty in comparisson to that guitar. I need to display a fine piece of marksmanship with it, got a bunch of gigs planed in feb so that would fucking rule!!
Yea thats exactly what im trying to do.

Old 2004-10-26, 13:47
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I found the jackpot on Ran guitar pics

I got these from the RanSpain site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RanFlyingCustom1.jpg (69.5 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg RanFlyingCustom2.jpg (40.2 KB, 429 views)
File Type: jpg RanFlyingCustom5.jpg (46.7 KB, 128 views)

Old 2004-10-26, 13:51
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

More
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RanSG-Custom1.jpg (74.1 KB, 140 views)

Old 2004-10-26, 13:55
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

And more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InvaderCustom2.jpg (33.6 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg InvaderCustom5.jpg (43.5 KB, 126 views)

Old 2004-10-26, 13:57
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Some more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InvaderCustom7.jpg (54.8 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg InvaderCustom8.jpg (53.0 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg KH2Custom10.jpg (43.0 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg KH2Custom11.jpg (59.6 KB, 147 views)

Old 2004-10-26, 13:59
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Will I ever stop?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KH2Custom3.jpg (58.5 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg JH2CustomBlack3.jpg (49.3 KB, 181 views)

Old 2004-10-26, 15:32
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Fucking cool Soul, thanks for those detailed pics, makes me even more confident about my order!!! heh, ofcourse mine will be more beautifull but that's because it's made to my specs I don't know if anyone else will like it, but I'm sure as hell gonna love it!!!

Old 2004-10-26, 15:35
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I got some more of this warlock shaped custom that is really nice, but I'm maxed out on the amount of pics I can upload.

Old 2004-10-26, 15:38
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

why not link them from the website? I'm at my max ammount too, guess I should talk to Nomad about that with me beeing a mod and all

Old 2004-10-26, 15:42
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Heres the link. RanSpain

It's Ran's Spain shop. Unfortunatly it's all in spanish, but the pics speak for themselves.

Old 2004-10-26, 15:49
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Nice pic, shame its in spanish yeah. eh, so they've got a spain shop too? there's pics of that dragon thing too there and a really kickass avenger with gold hardware

Old 2004-10-26, 15:52
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Looks like Dariusz makes the guitars and they sell them from that shop in Spain. I know Dariusz would like to have the same thing in the US eventually.

Old 2004-10-26, 22:06
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
I found the jackpot on Ran guitar pics

I got these from the RanSpain site.

That 7 string V is almost exactly what i want!!!

mmmm

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-10-26, 23:37
boesefloe
New Blood

Spanish Ran Distribution Site

Hello,

did you see... there is my custom red dragon xplorer in a few pics :-).
I wonder why it is under "standard/spacial guitars"??
But very nice pictures of many extreme cool instruments.
Great!! Thanx for that!

Old 2004-10-26, 23:51
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I did see your guitar. I don't know why it was listed in the standard/special catagory but you know how confusing Spainish folk can be sometimes. I can't even translate there site because it is in Flashmedia format. Either way, your guitar is famous with Ran. I suspect that Def's guitar will be too.

Old 2004-10-26, 23:51
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

KICK ASS SIG!!!

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-10-26, 23:53
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Yes! I forgot to mention that.

Love the Sig

Old 2004-10-27, 00:13
boesefloe
New Blood

Oh thanx.. I thought it would fit very well in this thread

Old 2004-10-27, 00:14
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Would you mind if I used it too?

Old 2004-10-27, 00:15
boesefloe
New Blood

thatīs no problem with me. Please use it as you wish.

Old 2004-10-27, 01:03
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Thanks

Old 2004-10-27, 08:00
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
I did see your guitar. I don't know why it was listed in the standard/special catagory but you know how confusing Spainish folk can be sometimes. I can't even translate there site because it is in Flashmedia format. Either way, your guitar is famous with Ran. I suspect that Def's guitar will be too.

haha, let's hope so! I wonder how it will turn out!!

i noticed the red dragon guitar instantly, I showed the website to our other guitarist and he's syked about getting a Ran guitar too, though he's gonna wait till I get mine to check it out. He's buying an Engl stack first because he loves my Savage!

Old 2004-10-27, 15:51
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
haha, let's hope so! I wonder how it will turn out!!

i noticed the red dragon guitar instantly, I showed the website to our other guitarist and he's syked about getting a Ran guitar too, though he's gonna wait till I get mine to check it out. He's buying an Engl stack first because he loves my Savage!

I need a new amp, my piece of shit crate glx combo amp just wont do when i have my ran.

Old 2004-10-27, 15:53
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

No Sir, it will not!

Old 2004-10-27, 16:27
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

at least I have to Engl setups to compliment it Not that I can play that well but at least my gear is ace so it all sounds great anyways

Old 2004-10-27, 16:28
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
at least I have to Engl setups to compliment it Not that I can play that well but at least my gear is ace so it all sounds great anyways

damn you

Old 2004-10-27, 17:21
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

just got word from Dariusz, they recieved my payment and they'll start making my guitar within two weeks.

Old 2004-10-27, 20:39
boesefloe
New Blood

what kinda engl do you use?
I use an old Savage 60.

Old 2004-10-27, 21:06
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Me too!!!

and a Engl 620 rackpreamp with peavey 50/50 poweramp, but I prefer the Savage to my rack setup..

that Savage is kickass!

I'm thinking about getting an Engl Powerball or Savage 120 next year, do you know musik productiv??

Old 2004-10-28, 03:13
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
Me too!!!

and a Engl 620 rackpreamp with peavey 50/50 poweramp, but I prefer the Savage to my rack setup..

that Savage is kickass!

I'm thinking about getting an Engl Powerball or Savage 120 next year, do you know musik productiv??

bastards....

Old 2004-10-28, 07:27
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

I need good gear had to work my ass off for most though. but it was well worth the effort.

Old 2004-10-28, 10:15
Slabbefusk
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

Im gonna get good gear sometime in the future and im going to own!!!! FUCKING COuNT ON IT! I'm off playing...

Old 2004-10-28, 12:08
boesefloe
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
Me too!!!

that Savage is kickass!

Yeah I was there once... I like the store but you definatly need more than one day to get through

In the past I had a racksetup too . It was a Rocktron Piranha Preamp with a Rocktron Intellifex and a ENGL 920 (50/50) poweramp. The sounds and the versatilitiy were nice but the weight... This fucking case break my back everytime I had it to carry

Then I got the Savage and the sun rises! AAAAHHHH
One single amp... but a killer metaltone!!

In the last time I often played with an Savage 120. This amp is killer too! It has tons of bass and ads more possible different sounds.

Old 2004-10-28, 12:31
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Yeah, I love my savage 60 too! it's pretty loud too!

I'm thinking about getting a powerball or savage 120... don't know yet... they have both at MP and I loved them both!

Old 2004-10-28, 13:44
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Thats it Next time I get to Europe I'm buying one of these Engl amps and taking it back on the ship. I'm not kidding either. How much does a half stack cost?

Old 2004-10-28, 14:01
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

erm. you can check out that rock solid website for american prices.

over here, about 1800 for a savage 120 top, 1500 for a Powerball top, 1100 for a Fireball top and 1300 for a Richie Blackmore signature. Cabs are 700 here, the cheapest, they go up to 1300 depending on speaker configuartion.

Our guitarist bought a Engl richie blackmore with v30 cab and Z footswitch for 1500 though, thats a great deal. I bought my Savage of ebay.de and got a good price on it too, I use a marshall cab with it but I want a mesa or engl cab next year.

Anyways, this will all help making my Ran rule even more, EMG's plus Engl is a golden combination IMO! I allways get comments about my great tone, but with my Ran it's going to be even better!!

Old 2004-10-28, 14:14
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Thanks for the info, Def

I can't wait to see your Ran. I'm sure you will like it too. There is no mistaking the quality of a hand made guitar. Plus, I don't care what others think. I like EMG's. They sound good in just about everything but the quality of the guitar still plays a part in how good the tone is.

Old 2004-10-28, 14:46
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

I agree, I like EMG's in brutal guitars with a lot of sustain, hence the neckthru I chose. the 85 is great for cleans and the 81 is great for bashing, with a great tube amp it sounds awesome. EMG's do have a sterile ring but a cranked tube amp makes up for that. Plus I want that tone. I have the RG for floyd work and solo's, the Ran is going to be my main playing axe for brutal shit. I'm not much of a solo guy, but when I pull one off I don't use the floyd much, only for dives and shit, I use way more thrills and rock bends and shit.

I can't wait to check out the build quality, do you have any close up pics of the fretwork? (like, really close up) and did you pick the jumbo frets for your axe? I chose for no inlays on my fretboard, except for the 12th fret with the name of the guitar on it, I love blank ebony fretboard! (and I'm to hardcore for fret inlays )

Old 2004-10-28, 15:03
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Yes, I got jumbo frets on mine. I don't have any close up pics of the frets but they are set, level, and very polished. The ebony fretboard on mine is the most strait grained wood I have ever seen. It must be 5A ebony. All black with no brown streaks at all. Smooth and fast. God I love Ran guitars.

Old 2004-10-28, 15:12
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

polished is good. I saw other pics of fretboards on ran's, the ebony looked great, I wonder how mine's gonna be. man I just ordered it and I'm allready tripping out, god knows, it might come out looking like ass.

But I don't think so

Old 2004-10-28, 16:50
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

10.000+ views in this thread. holy damn

oh, Soul, Dariusz mailed me, my guitar will be ready early march. Jezus was his first customer (I shit you not!!!) (he's from ran-spain)

Old 2004-10-28, 17:08
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Damn! March? Thats like 5 months away!

What the hell did you order for it to take that long? Does it have solid gold binding or something? Now I really want in see your guitar.

Hehe, Juzus owns a Ran If he has one you know they gotta be good!

Also, I think this thread has more views than any other thread on Metaltabs.

Old 2004-10-28, 17:13
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

yeah, or at least one with a lot of views.

March is a long time ago but he told me it's going to be neat, so just hold tight

(for fucking 5 months )

Old 2004-10-28, 17:16
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:

Hehe, Jezus owns a Ran If he has one you know they gotta be good!

yeah, I laughed my ass off when I heard he was the FIRST customer!

must be heavenly guitars