MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2006-09-23, 20:17
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jerk
k13, what looks like that oil finish? I,m thinking for myself to get some guitar with natural finish, actually in violinflat finish, i think of some white binding, but any binding would harm the looks, because it's natural finish, do u think so? What is ur suggestion, to put quilted or just flamed maple top or not, im not sure yet.
what oil finish do you mean?? and what is violinflat finish??

also, if you want a natural finish, you can either oil finish it, or clear laquer it, the clear laque finish will be shiny (unless u get matt clear laquer).
also you could get a wood binding, usualy looks pretty nice, but its alot harder to do cuz wood doesnt realy bend well.

about the flamed or quilted maple, just get whatever you like the best. its both maple so tonewise it would matter alot, depending on what other woods you use for the guitar (i assume its a guitar).

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-23, 22:07
sqol
Post-whore

I need to get me ahold a nice leather strap for my Ran when she arrives!

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven

Old 2006-09-24, 09:57
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
k13, what looks like that oil finish? I,m thinking for myself to get some guitar with natural finish, actually in violinflat finish, i think of some white binding, but any binding would harm the looks, because it's natural finish, do u think so? What is ur suggestion, to put quilted or just flamed maple top or not, im not sure yet.

You can use wood for binding... many acoustic guitars use maple or something that will contrast with the top/sides. It preserves the natural look. Plastic binding on acoustics usually looks cheap, so you definitely have a point about plasatic binding possibly ruining the look.

Old 2006-09-24, 12:46
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213
You can use wood for binding... many acoustic guitars use maple or something that will contrast with the top/sides. It preserves the natural look. Plastic binding on acoustics usually looks cheap, so you definitely have a point about plasatic binding possibly ruining the look.
yeh maple bindings are cool, ive seena guitar somewhere, wich had a rosewood fretboard with flamed maple binding, looked soo damn sexy

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-24, 13:06
Wunderboy
Metalhead

What finish makes it seem as if there is nothing applied on the wood? Is it oil finish?
Also, what's so important about scale length? What would be the best scale length for a 22 and 24 fret guitar?
Btw, nice design there, k13m...

Old 2006-09-24, 15:41
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderboy
What finish makes it seem as if there is nothing applied on the wood? Is it oil finish?
Also, what's so important about scale length? What would be the best scale length for a 22 and 24 fret guitar?
Btw, nice design there, k13m...
euhm yeah, oil finish feels and looks like plain wood, but the oil (depending on wich oil you use) will seal the wood, so it wont absorb moist etc. also oil finished can be coloured/dyed (dno exactrly how, but i guess mixing the oil with oilpaint).

there is no BEST scale length, it depends on what you prefer, 22 or 24 frets also dont mater for the scale size, its just 2 more or 2 less frets on the neck so..

the longer the scale, the further the distance from fret to fret will be, the shorter the scale, the smaller the dixtance from fret to fret.
also, 25,5 is most used on guitars, xept gibson and prs (and probaly some more), they usualy have a bit shorter scale (+- 24,75'').

also, longerscaled guitars will have a tighter sounding bass.
the guitar im building will be tuned to B, so i make the scale a but longer than usual.

oh, the design is just an idea, i stil need to fix alot abouit it.

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-24, 19:01
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by k13m
euhm yeah, oil finish feels and looks like plain wood, but the oil (depending on wich oil you use) will seal the wood, so it wont absorb moist etc. also oil finished can be coloured/dyed (dno exactrly how, but i guess mixing the oil with oilpaint).

there is no BEST scale length, it depends on what you prefer, 22 or 24 frets also dont mater for the scale size, its just 2 more or 2 less frets on the neck so..

the longer the scale, the further the distance from fret to fret will be, the shorter the scale, the smaller the dixtance from fret to fret.
also, 25,5 is most used on guitars, xept gibson and prs (and probaly some more), they usualy have a bit shorter scale (+- 24,75'').

also, longerscaled guitars will have a tighter sounding bass.
the guitar im building will be tuned to B, so i make the scale a but longer than usual.

oh, the design is just an idea, i stil need to fix alot abouit it.

Will longer scaled guitars have tighter sounding bass because of the increased tension? Or what... I don't really know, haha.
Anyways, what do you think about a 24 fret on a 24.75" scale? Would it really make a difference?

And once your guitar is finished, it would be fuck-nice, man. I like the headstock shape and the 'fanned-frets' (which I don't get at all, but I like nonetheless)
Man, now I want to start building guitars.

Old 2006-09-24, 19:15
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Will longer scaled guitars have tighter sounding bass because of the increased tension? Or what... I don't really know, haha.
Anyways, what do you think about a 24 fret on a 24.75" scale? Would it really make a difference?

And once your guitar is finished, it would be fuck-nice, man. I like the headstock shape and the 'fanned-frets' (which I don't get at all, but I like nonetheless)
Man, now I want to start building guitars.
yup, longer scale has more tension.. thats y bass guitars are like 3'2 inch scale.

well, for the 24 fret 24.75 scale thing, the frets will becloser to eachother than on a regular (25.5'') scale, and the bass might be a bit sloppier, i dno howmuch the difference actualy is, cuz ive never playd a shorter scale than 25.5'' but y do you want a 24.75 scale?? personaly i think the highest frets (2oth to 24th fret) would be to close together to play comportably, but that also depends on how skiny/fat your fingers are.

id say, go find a guitar store, see if they have a prs or sumtin with a 24.75 scale, and see how you like it.

also fanned frets , aka multiscaled fretboard.
there are 2 scales on this neck, the bass string has a longer scale (for tighter bass) and the thin string has a shorter scale than normaly, to make the fretdistance smaller to make soloing nicer (i hope). ive never played a neck like this before, but since most guitars with fanned frets are fucking expensive i might aswell build my own to see if i like it

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-25, 12:58
Wunderboy
Metalhead

That's just the thing. There aren't any decent guitar stores in this country. The only guitars you can get here are Fender Strats. So I really can't try out any other guitar. That's why I have to rely on other people to give me some useful information. The reason why I want a 24.7 scale is because it's really the only scale I've played (I have a Les Paul, 22 fret), and it's really comfortable. Well if 25.5 is the best way to go for a 24 fret, then that's the way I'd go then.
And as for fanned frets, that's fucking great!

Old 2006-09-25, 15:14
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
That's just the thing. There aren't any decent guitar stores in this country. The only guitars you can get here are Fender Strats. So I really can't try out any other guitar. That's why I have to rely on other people to give me some useful information. The reason why I want a 24.7 scale is because it's really the only scale I've played (I have a Les Paul, 22 fret), and it's really comfortable. Well if 25.5 is the best way to go for a 24 fret, then that's the way I'd go then.
And as for fanned frets, that's fucking great!
ok so you own a guitar with 24,75 scale? then go playa fender strat at the store, cuz fender strats and telecasters both have 25.5 scale, just so you can feel the difference.

once again, there is no best scale for 24 frets, it depends on what you prefer.

ive just checked, the shorter scale i made for on my guitar is 25 inch
and my 21 and 22nd fret are realy small imo (i only need 22 frets), so on a 24.75 scale theyll be even smaller. ive checked with a online fretcalculator, the fret distance between the 23nd and 24th fret on a 24.75 scale is only 4.4mm, i dno if you can comfortably fit your finger between that (im sure i cant).

id say, pick up a fender strat, and see if you like the scale.
also, are you playing alot on the 24th frets?? or just rarely??
cuz if you plan to play in that area alot i wouldnt get a 24.75 scale

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-26, 09:20
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

I think once you get used to playing a 25.5" scale you'll wonder what you were worrying about, the difference isn't that great really, but I think Mr. k13m is right, it will make all the (positive) difference on those higher frets.

Old 2006-09-26, 12:55
k13m
Post-whore

lol so im Mr. kiem now?? whahahahhaa

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-26, 15:26
Wunderboy
Metalhead

I used to own a Stratocaster. I never really noticed that it was a 25.5 scale. But to be honest, I think I found the Stratocaster more comfortable than the Les Paul.
And I just checked out the Fender website and it says that the frets are Medium Jumbo.
'Jumbo fret' basically means that the frets are kinda curved out a little bit right?

Old 2006-09-26, 15:32
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Jumbo frets are higher and usually slightly wider than standard or medium sized frets, but it depends on the exact brand/model/size really.

But they are definitly higher.

Old 2006-09-26, 16:06
k13m
Post-whore

yup, the whole jumbo idea is the hight, so the medium jumbos are pretty comfy imo, i like em better than wide jumbos

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-26, 16:35
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

I think the medium jumbo frets are about the size of Dunlop 6230 frets and jumbo frets should be the size of Dunlop 6105. I've used the medium jumbos since I've first started playing guitar and find that the most comfortable. I'm started to get used to and like the jumbo frets a little more now. But I dont think I will ever like the extra jumbo frets. I dont like the fact that if you press too hard on the fret the pitch of the note changes. That doesnt happen with the medium jumbo, or jumbo frets.

Old 2006-09-26, 17:03
Heavy Jerk
Metalhead

Quote:
what oil finish do you mean?? and what is violinflat finish??

also, if you want a natural finish, you can either oil finish it, or clear laquer it, the clear laque finish will be shiny (unless u get matt clear laquer).
also you could get a wood binding, usualy looks pretty nice, but its alot harder to do cuz wood doesnt realy bend well.

about the flamed or quilted maple, just get whatever you like the best. its both maple so tonewise it would matter alot, depending on what other woods you use for the guitar (i assume its a guitar).

Go on Ibanez.com and see model RGA 121 in violin flat finish, it's beautifull. I figured that putting maple or whatever top on natural finish would kinda make just damage for me, because i just love how natural finish looks like. But i can't imagine what colour and material would be usefull for binding, mazbe some more dark natural colour or what?

Old 2006-09-26, 17:17
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Sorry guys... Another question:

What is the best/most popular fret wire size?
I was gonna go for a Gotoh standard but I read somewhere that bigger fret wire sizes (such as the Dunlop 6105) are good for easy-bending?

Old 2006-09-26, 19:54
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Go on Ibanez.com and see model RGA 121 in violin flat finish, it's beautifull. I figured that putting maple or whatever top on natural finish would kinda make just damage for me, because i just love how natural finish looks like. But i can't imagine what colour and material would be usefull for binding, mazbe some more dark natural colour or what?
hmm, that finish does look rather nice, although, they say that the body is mahogany with a maple top.

also natural colours?? u mean just natural wood by that?
and y would a maple top make damage for you? maple is wood, so its natural, natural basicaly means, no paint finish.

bindings, either plastic, wood and maybe some more maerials, but plastic is most common.. though plastic doesnt look natural.
also, theres plenty of wood species to make bindings from, u can choose woods in so many colors, from almost white to black, even yellow, red and purple woods.

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-26, 20:04
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

I was gonna go for a Gotoh standard but I read somewhere that bigger fret wire sizes (such as the Dunlop 6105) are good for easy-bending?

I think nowadays the 6105 fretwire would be the most popular. The bigger frets allow in part for better bending along with a flatter fretboard radius. Also, taller frets dont let the string touch the fretboard so it gives it a scalloped feel, which allows for better bending and sweeping IMO. It also allows for slightly more sustain. But if you are used to smaller fretwire like myself, switching to extra jumbo frets (6100) would be very fustrating since it requires a slightly different approach to playing.

Old 2006-09-26, 20:10
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:

haha no problem.

i just checked in my guitarbook, wich has every dunlopfretwire sizes init
ill just mention the jumbo frets.

6000 - height: 1.470 mm - width: 2.990 mm
6100 - height: 1.400 mm - width: 2.790 mm
6105 - height: 1.400 mm - width: 2.290 mm
6110 - height: 1.270 mm - width: 2.920 mm
6120 - height: 1.300 mm - width: 2.900 mm

so the 6000 is just the biggest fret they have, wich will mostlikely, make hammers pullofs and bends easier.

i think the 6000 and 6100 are the most populair for ''metalguitars'', and the 6150 for fender-ish guitars.

to much to choose from ey

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-27, 13:35
Wunderboy
Metalhead

More things to worry about!
Now I have to get the fret size absolutely right. I'm thinking about the 6230 or the 6150 (because I've played a Fender before). I think the 6105 would be way too tall for me, but I don't know cuz I haven't tried any of them out!
Anyways, how are the Gotoh standard fretwires?

Old 2006-09-27, 13:42
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

I dont know about the Gotoh fretwire, but I'm pretty sure that Fender uses 6230 sized frets. The 6105 can be found on Ibanez RG models. Try picking those up and see how you like them. If you think the 6105 are too large wait till you try a 6100 fretwire, like on the ESP models. Those frets are HUGE!

Old 2006-09-27, 17:12
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
More things to worry about!
Now I have to get the fret size absolutely right. I'm thinking about the 6230 or the 6150 (because I've played a Fender before). I think the 6105 would be way too tall for me, but I don't know cuz I haven't tried any of them out!
Anyways, how are the Gotoh standard fretwires?
the 6150 is wider than the 6105 and the 6230 is realy fucking narrow, but same hight as 6150 according to my dunlop list.

maybe this will help a bit??
http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/webp...x?webpage_id=10

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Frettin...d_Fretwire.html

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-28, 01:54
Heavy Jerk
Metalhead

I see for the tops of maple, cool. I meant what do u suggest to put as top binding, what wood and what colour, what would look nice?

Old 2006-09-28, 12:54
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
the 6150 is wider than the 6105 and the 6230 is realy fucking narrow, but same hight as 6150 according to my dunlop list.

maybe this will help a bit??
http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/webp...x?webpage_id=10

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Frettin...d_Fretwire.html

Thanks man, it duz help.
I'm now considering the 6130 (it says 'vintage gibson' on that first site) since its not too tall. I'm not entirely sure.

What good is a wide fret wire?
And is it hard to slide with a taller fret wire (6105 for instance)?

Old 2006-09-28, 13:18
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Its hard to slide only if your have a heavy handed style of playing, like me. But you can always adapt your playing to larger frets by trying to have a lighter touch. And the 6105 frets arent too bad for sliding, and I am pretty heavy handed.

Old 2006-09-28, 19:04
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
I see for the tops of maple, cool. I meant what do u suggest to put as top binding, what wood and what colour, what would look nice?
depends on the guitar your having, and what you think looks nice, its your guitar so you should deicide what you like

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-28, 19:14
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornsOfHeaven200
Its hard to slide only if your have a heavy handed style of playing, like me. But you can always adapt your playing to larger frets by trying to have a lighter touch. And the 6105 frets arent too bad for sliding, and I am pretty heavy handed.
for me sliding goes perfect, on any fretsize realy, but im pretty soft handed, so that should be y..

wide frets make hammer ons and pulloffs easier and cleaner, also, a higher fret makes this easier too. when the fret is high, its easier to get your finger ''under'' the fret (not literaly under) to do bends and pulloffs, same idea of what a scalloped fretboard would do, exept scalloped is even more drastic.

also, when you have high frets, if you push the strign down to hard you will detune the notes you play.... but normaly noone should push down on the strings, cuz thats simply a wrong method of playing and not very friendly for your hand aswell atleast that was the first thing peeple told me wen i started playing guitar, dont press the strings down to hard!! lol

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-28, 20:00
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
also, when you have high frets, if you push the strign down to hard you will detune the notes you play.... but normaly noone should push down on the strings, cuz thats simply a wrong method of playing and not very friendly for your hand aswell atleast that was the first thing peeple told me wen i started playing guitar, dont press the strings down to hard!! lol

Yeah, I noticed that on my Fender Strat. When I started out playing and my first times tuning a guitar, I got thrown off by making higher pitched notes when I pressed too hard on a fret. That pissed the shit out of me. But I eventually got used to it.

Well, I'm really stuck now. This is one of the two issues I have on the specs of the custom guitar and I don't which one to go with (but you guys have helped a fuck-load, so thanks).
I guess it's down to the 6230 (Fender style), 6130 (classic Gibson) or the 6105. The 6105's on my list because I've never really tried Jumbo frets and I'm kinda willing to go for a change. But not entirely sure it would be right for me, and I'm scared that if I do get the guitar, I would end up hating the huge frets.
Dammit!

Old 2006-09-28, 20:10
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that on my Fender Strat. When I started out playing and my first times tuning a guitar, I got thrown off by making higher pitched notes when I pressed too hard on a fret. That pissed the shit out of me. But I eventually got used to it.

Well, I'm really stuck now. This is one of the two issues I have on the specs of the custom guitar and I don't which one to go with (but you guys have helped a fuck-load, so thanks).
I guess it's down to the 6230 (Fender style), 6130 (classic Gibson) or the 6105. The 6105's on my list because I've never really tried Jumbo frets and I'm kinda willing to go for a change. But not entirely sure it would be right for me, and I'm scared that if I do get the guitar, I would end up hating the huge frets.
Dammit!
seriously, the 6105 arent huge, their just a bit higher than most frets youve played, but their not realy wide

EDIT: get whatever you think should do it for you.

< no wonder hes mad!!

Last edited by k13m : 2006-09-28 at 20:28.

Old 2006-09-29, 12:05
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Well, I guess I'm gonna go for the 6105 then.

Alright, one final question (hopefully):
For a T-O-M Bridge wt a Stop Tailpiece, what would be a good nut?

Old 2006-09-29, 13:38
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Going from a vintage Fender or Gibson fret to the 6105 isnt drastic, just slightly larger. When I get a custom axe, its gonna have 6105 too. The 6230 are cool too its just easier for me to bend with the 6105 sized frets with the thick ass strings I use, since I can get "under" them better like k13m mentioned.

A good nut for TOM with stoptail? Any nut should do I think. Go for a bone nut. Those look sweet. I would also go for locking tuners though to make sure your strings stay in tune well.

Old 2006-10-01, 07:23
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Hey, does anybody know if those custom explorers that are built by RAN are based on Gibson Explorers, or ESP EXPs?

Old 2006-10-01, 10:12
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Hey, does anybody know if those custom explorers that are built by RAN are based on Gibson Explorers, or ESP EXPs?

My guess is that maybe it's the ESP design they are based on, as they also did a design that was very much a Kirk Hammet M-II design. There isn't too much difference really is there? I'm sure if you specified you wanted the body more like the Gibson than the ESP (or vice versa) they'd do it.

Old 2006-10-01, 14:53
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Well, I guess I'm gonna go for the 6105 then.

Alright, one final question (hopefully):
For a T-O-M Bridge wt a Stop Tailpiece, what would be a good nut?

graphite nut with locking tuners.

Old 2006-10-01, 22:02
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:

well they can do either, so just tell them which one you want.
i personally would go for a gibson style explorer

Old 2006-10-02, 02:40
Requiem
Post-whore

what is this thread about?

Old 2006-10-02, 09:13
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
what is this thread about?

Ran guitars.

I think is is probably the most 'on-topic' thread on this board.

Old 2006-10-02, 12:52
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
well they can do either, so just tell them which one you want.
i personally would go for a gibson style explorer

I think the ESP EXP looks a bit better, even though the difference is really subtle.
Do you think that Dariusz will be able to identify the discreteness of the 2?

Old 2006-10-02, 12:58
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
I think the ESP EXP looks a bit better, even though the difference is really subtle.

Of course, it's not subtle at all. You could have him to make you a cock shaped wangcaster guitar if you wanted.

The old Gibbies are more round and have a classier looking headstock while the ESP types are more pointy and cheesy looking.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2006-10-02, 13:04
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
just send him a picture of the model you want (mayeb also of the one you dont want so he cans ee the difference), he should be able to build it.

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-10-02, 15:05
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Of course, it's not subtle at all. You could have him to make you a cock shaped wangcaster guitar if you wanted.

The old Gibbies are more round and have a classier looking headstock while the ESP types are more pointy and cheesy looking.

Your probably thinking about the new 'EX' ESP explorers.
The one I'm thikning of is the classic 'EXP' or 'MX' models that were discontinued because they looked too much like the Gibson explorers; Gibson threatened to sue them if they didn't.

Old 2006-10-02, 15:22
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Those lawsuit ESP Explorers were copies of Gibson Explorers just without the pickguard and a different control configuration. Those were the only difference I could ever see.

Old 2006-10-02, 17:19
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Those lawsuit ESP Explorers were copies of Gibson Explorers just without the pickguard and a different control configuration. Those were the only difference I could ever see.

Really?
To me, the ESP ones look a bit longer and thinner.
I must be crazy...

Old 2006-10-03, 07:52
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

There is a thread on the ESP board about the exact differences between all the models, particularly the Hetfield sigs.

Either way, I'm sure Ran could build you exactly what you wanted, however small the detail/differences, if you provide exact details and photos where necessary.

Old 2006-10-07, 10:40
JeremyCrow
New Blood

shit... almost 3 more months to go... I wonder how my new baby is going...

Old 2006-10-07, 12:19
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyCrow
shit... almost 3 more months to go... I wonder how my new baby is going...

Cool man...
How long ago did you place the order?

Old 2006-10-07, 21:02
JeremyCrow
New Blood

they received my payment on June 19th... it's been a long 4 months

Old 2006-10-08, 02:59
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Well, I just seen my first Ran guitar on TV.

Krisiun had a video played on Headbangers Ball and sure as fuck... Ran guitar was everywhere. Big D must be proud. I've seen Ran guitars used a few times used live but now that Ran has been seen on TV in the USA, I'm sure interest will pour in.

I haven't kept in touch with Big D as much as I would have liked, but if you are reading this Big D... May Ran Guitars glow and make you the richest man in Poland. You sure built me a nice one. I can't thank you enough for the beautiful work I hope to buy another soon.

Old 2006-10-08, 03:59
JeremyCrow
New Blood

Soulinsane... don't say stuff like that... it only makes January look far away... I wanna hold my Ran too!!!

Old 2006-10-08, 11:35
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyCrow
they received my payment on June 19th... it's been a long 4 months

I've been waiting over 6 months now......so you prolly have quite awhile to go.

Old 2006-10-08, 18:12
sqol
Post-whore

8 months over here, hopefully just a few weeks to wait now- late October is the most recent estimate date of delivery

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:

Old 2006-10-08, 20:48
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqol
8 months over here, hopefully just a few weeks to wait now- late October is the most recent estimate date of delivery

Shit. 8 months is a long time.
How complex are the specs and design of your guitar?

Old 2006-10-09, 15:55
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
Shit. 8 months is a long time.
How complex are the specs and design of your guitar?

Nothing crazy really, its a Cruiser shape, with a slightly more carved out lower horn. Neck through with a maple fretboard, and a Swamp Ash body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusz
the guitar should be ready to dispatch next week

Got this through today though

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:

Old 2006-10-09, 16:02
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Nothing crazy really, its a Cruiser shape, with a slightly more carved out lower horn. Neck through with a maple fretboard, and a Swamp Ash body

cool im curious about ur axe, picspicspics when you got it

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-10-09, 18:44
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

I did a little work on my custom today, not much because I'm not the luthier! Drilled a few holes for some hardware. Talking of which, the guitar would be ready a lot sooner if the UK distributors of EMGs and Gotoh machine heads had any instock!

Old 2006-10-09, 18:59
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:

Man, if it took 8 months to do a Cruiser shaped guitar, I wonder how long it would take for an Explorer (one they haven't done before, I think) with a custom headstock and possible custom inlays...

Oh and congrats to your guitar.
I bet this weeks gonna be torture!

Old 2006-10-09, 19:21
sqol
Post-whore

Mine took longer, because the delivery of the Swamp Ash wings was delayed- i don't think they really use it that much, so just my luck If i get the pictures end of this week, then the money should go through to him by Wednesday of next week, so despatched probably Thursday, so possible delivery Saturday or the following Monday

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:

Old 2006-10-10, 14:30
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Man, if it took 8 months to do a Cruiser shaped guitar, I wonder how long it would take for an Explorer (one they haven't done before, I think)

http://www.ranguitars.com/imi/katalog/d02.jpg

Old 2006-10-10, 15:08
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213

By "one they haven't done before", I meant an explorer shape that's not exactly the same as the one they've produced before...
I know they've made explorer guitars, but it's based on the older style rounded ones... I'm actually looking to base it on the newer versions of the 'lawsuit' EXPs

Old 2006-10-11, 04:05
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Well, I just seen my first Ran guitar on TV.

Krisiun had a video played on Headbangers Ball and sure as fuck... Ran guitar was everywhere. Big D must be proud. I've seen Ran guitars used a few times used live but now that Ran has been seen on TV in the USA, I'm sure interest will pour in.

I haven't kept in touch with Big D as much as I would have liked, but if you are reading this Big D... May Ran Guitars glow and make you the richest man in Poland. You sure built me a nice one. I can't thank you enough for the beautiful work I hope to buy another soon.

You mean this one?

awesome shit.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2006-10-11, 13:04
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Hey guys, a question...
How many of you out there got EMG Actives for your Rans or other guitars? Are they any good? I've heard that Dimarzios or SDs are more of the favorite because they have better tone as passives.

And would a mahogany body with a maple top help produce nice sounding tones from passive pups?

Old 2006-10-11, 13:50
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

I dont have a Ran, but I can tell you EMGs are good if you want a tight sterile sound. This is by no means a bad things, some of my favorite bands use them, like Dying Fetus, Krisiun and numerous other metal bands. For passives, DiMarzio and Seymour Duncans are the most well known. I prefer passives because of the extra dynamics and more "organic" feel, if that makes any sense. A mahogany body with maple cap will produce nice sounds as long as the pickups are good and the guitar's construction is solid.

Old 2006-10-11, 15:18
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

I love EMGs, I've used them before, and my custom will have them.

A lot of people think they make every guitar sound the same, and they don't really bring out the tone of individual woods, but when you're playing with tons of gain I don't know if it makes that much difference.

I like playing with lots of gain and yet retaining clarity with heaps of power, and EMGs do this very well for me.

Old 2006-10-13, 00:24
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

JB/Jazz in my Ran...so no help!

But i've tried EMGs a few times and they're great for metal stuff.

with my own time role your own innocence by
grab on to my sleeve the one that grabs at your ankle
debate to understand that we all have a flaw
then fail to represent your life as you know it
god grant you one wish to turn back the time... correct and create

me and my star
matthew good night
you know by law when you'll be forgiven
maria my star
matthew goodnight
you know my lord when you'll be forgiven

Old 2006-10-14, 07:23
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
You mean this one?

awesome shit.

It might have been that video. It looks similar to the video I seen but at the same time different; it might be my PC. The video I seen had a classic RAN headstock clearly showing up at least every 15 seconds.

I got EMGs on my Ran. I personally love EMG pickups. I had JB/Jazz on my old Jackson KV-1 and they were nice but just weren't as responcive as would have liked. I have Blaze 7s on my Ibanez and I like them but I'm mostly an active pickup person.

Old 2006-10-14, 08:51
xeper
New Blood

I have ran guitar with EMG active...... they are great! dimarzios and SD are weak... Emg rule..... emg are more agressive...

Old 2006-10-14, 16:17
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeper
I have ran guitar with EMG active...... they are great! dimarzios and SD are weak... Emg rule..... emg are more agressive...
oh great another typical kid that thinks emg's are the shit cuz he owns them also what do you consider weak??

ive got nothing against emg's, but ive heard to many guitars sound like complete shit because of the emg's, i think it realy depends what guitar their in (and i dont mean the guitars brand).

i prefer passives, i even prefer singlecoils over humbuckers, cuz those usualy sound more agressive, and humbuckers usualy sound more rounded off.
then again its all about what you combine with what.

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-10-14, 18:08
JeremyCrow
New Blood

I have EMG's in all my guitars... and I really like them but I haven't had alot of experience with passives... maybe in the future I'll give it a shot.

Old 2006-10-16, 07:07
STYX
New Blood

I also got EMG on my RAN, and, even if it sounds great, everyone here should
agree that if you want lots of output and an agressive tone right from your
pick-ups, these one are not the best.
For instance, i bought a SH-13 for one of my old Jackson guitar, and this
one really surpass the EMG81 as concerns treble reachness and amount
of gain. Playing it, you can 'feel' the difference.
EMG are very great pick-ups, precise, with a clean sound and great output,
but too much person think that there are the most agressive ones, which
is NOT TRUE. And i agree with k13m when he says it also
depends what guitar they are in.

Styx

Old 2006-10-20, 10:55
Soeru
Post-whore

Word, EMG's are simply not that great. I have an 81 85 set in my Ironbird and passives in all my other guitars. Most of them sound better with the passives. The EMG is hella tight but just not "alive", they just sound "dead".

The only way I get satisfactory sounds out of the 81 is rolling down the gain on my Engl to 9 o clock(normally have it at 12 o clock for most mid-output passive guitars), and doing a lot of fine EQ'ing, plus rolling down the tone to 80% because it has way too much presence and it gets annoying and muddy in a harsh trebley way(and I don't use much highs, plus I use a boss ns2). Only that gives me a Hate Eternal/I/Immortal style crunch but with less treble, very clear but it lacks "something".

The sound is good when I cut a lot gain on my Engl, because then I can dig in harder into the strings and it responds better to playing dynamics, but in NO WAY as nice as some good passives will.

Even the stock pickups in my Kramer sound better than the EMG 81 85, and they're just cheap high output pups(noiseless though). The 85 is a little too muddy and just doesn't make a good lead pickup IMO, only sounds good when sweeping, for any other leadwork I use the 81.

I'm going for Dimarzio or duncan passives in my Ran, whose acquisition is a very close possibility as I'll have more than enough cash after I sell some shit. It's gonna be an alder body with maple top, schaller Floyd Rose, either a Invader or Ironbird/Thunder body, and H-H. What do you fellas reccomend? I don't want the x2n because it'll ruin the look of it, I want a basic looking humbucker, but they must be significantly higher output than your typical jb/jazz.

I'm already decided on the neck pup(PAF Pro), but for the bridge I can't decide between Duncan SD, some Bareknuckle, Dimarzio SD, Tonezone, or something else, eh... not sure. Something like a Tonezone with more output but not muddy with bad harmonic response like a Duncan Invader. Clarity is a big issue(hence the maple top for slightly added presence to balance for the ebony fretboard and mahogany or alder body(prolly alder)), will be used for both lead and rythm.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Last edited by Soeru : 2006-10-20 at 10:57.

Old 2006-10-20, 12:47
STYX
New Blood

First, welcome to the world of IronBird styled Ran guitars owners.
Then, as concerns your choice for passive bridge pick-ups, i'd recommend
you either the SH-6 from Seymour Duncan, or the SH-13 from the same
brand (go for this one only if you love brutal sounds with no middles!).

I also chosed Alder for the body of my custom IronBird Ran, with a Maple
neck, and it sounds great, maybe a bit to cold with the active EMG-81
i have on it. I should have go for a SH-13 instead, cause i really love its
brutal, fresh sound with lots and lots of outputs (even if many guitarists may do not love its sound at all)

Old 2006-10-20, 12:56
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYX
First, welcome to the world of IronBird styled Ran guitars owners.
Then, as concerns your choice for passive bridge pick-ups, i'd recommend
you either the SH-6 from Seymour Duncan, or the SH-13 from the same
brand (go for this one only if you love brutal sounds with no middles!).

I also chosed Alder for the body of my custom IronBird Ran, with a Maple
neck, and it sounds great, maybe a bit to cold with the active EMG-81
i have on it. I should have go for a SH-13 instead, cause i really love its
brutal, fresh sound with lots and lots of outputs (even if many guitarists may do not love its sound at all)

Whoa dude, let me see some pics of your Ran, I've always been a huge fan of the Ironbird shape, I've got a really good BCR NJ Ironbird with an EMG81-85 set and OFR but I'm gonna be selling virtually all my axes(probably my Ibanez Universe too) other than the Ironbird to get either an Invader or Ironbird/Thunder in grey quilted or flame top + gold or black hardware, neckthru, ebony fretboard, alder body, MOP dot inlays, and Floyd Rose. I still need to inquire for the price of this idea, depending on the response I may choose to simplify it a little bit.

What is the SH-6, the super distortion?

Old 2006-10-20, 13:23
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Soeru, I think the X2n with it would sound awesome with the PAF Pro. But I know you dont want to use that. Just curious though, whats wrong with its looks? I think it looks killer. The Dimarzio Super 2 and Super 3, I hear are pretty good pickups too and, the SH-6 is the Duncan Distortion.

Old 2006-10-20, 13:49
Soeru
Post-whore

I love the X2N's sound, totally man. But I just think it would detract from the elegancy of having 2 identical looking humbuckers in my guitar. So I want a well balanced, clear, high output passive that looks like a plain ol humbucker. Those bareknuckle nailbombs are interesting but I have no clue how they sound, what kind of EQing they have, nor how much mV of output they have.

I've tried the JB/Jazz combo in many guitars and it's good but not enough for me, the Tonezone is even closer to my desired output but I want something hotter with a lotta clarity for technical riffs and good harmonic response, so it's gotta be good for lead too.

By the way I never play with 2 humbuckers activated at once, never found a good sound I liked using that configuration, I only use 1 at a time.

Old 2006-10-20, 14:15
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
I love the X2N's sound, totally man. But I just think it would detract from the elegancy of having 2 identical looking humbuckers in my guitar. So I want a well balanced, clear, high output passive that looks like a plain ol humbucker. Those bareknuckle nailbombs are interesting but I have no clue how they sound, what kind of EQing they have, nor how much mV of output they have.

I've tried the JB/Jazz combo in many guitars and it's good but not enough for me, the Tonezone is even closer to my desired output but I want something hotter with a lotta clarity for technical riffs and good harmonic response, so it's gotta be good for lead too.

By the way I never play with 2 humbuckers activated at once, never found a good sound I liked using that configuration, I only use 1 at a time.

Ask on the Bareknuckle forums, they're really helpful there, and there's a few sound clips floating around of different BN pickups there too

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:

Old 2006-10-20, 14:23
Soeru
Post-whore

Thanks, I'll take a look sometime.

I just sent Ran like my billionth price quote, didn't include my name this time because I think I'm beeing too much of an asshat.

Will post his response with all the juicy specs.

Old 2006-10-20, 14:26
Soeru
Post-whore

BTW you European Ran owners, how much did you pay for customs? I figure it won't be a lot as Poland is part of the EU now right?

I payed 75€ customs(apart from shipping) when I bought my Engl Fireball(860&#8364 from Germany. So I suspect I won't be paying much more than that for 1200-1600€ custom right?

Old 2006-10-21, 15:39
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

OK I have been thinking quite a bit of what type of Ran I want. First I wanted a 7 string Thunder (aka Ironbird) then I wanted an Invader. But I have finnally thought of my dream Ran.
A Black B.C. Rich Stealth shaped guitar.
with
•Reverse headstock
•Kahler 2315 Trem
•Dimarzio X2N bridge pickup.
•On the headstock instead of the Ran logo I just want an R. (You know like B.C. Rich's old logo.) But if they can't do that than that's fine.

Ok and this one people might be rolling their eyes at me but it's what I want.
Have somewhere on the body in small print (possibly by the bridge)
5.13.1967 - 12.13.2001

I'm sure you all know what I am getting at and why I am getting at it.

Now I just want to know. (I know most of you will be like "ask ran!") But I want to know just a rough estimate or ballpark figure of how much it will coast. Plus I live in Canada so I know shipping will be extreeme as well. But please I just want to know an estimated price.

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2006-10-21, 17:02
guitar_demon
MotörCat

probably 1500 euro or something
but im pretty sure they wont do the R thing.
not a bad dream though, i too want a stealth, but im gonna wait till i find the original 80's version of me dreams
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2006-10-21, 17:46
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
probably 1500 euro or something
but im pretty sure they wont do the R thing.
not a bad dream though, i too want a stealth, but im gonna wait till i find the original 80's version of me dreams

Hmm not as bad as I thought. I was expecting like 5 grand. LOL

Damn I really wanted that R thing. So does their logo have to be on the headstock or can I leave the headstock blank and put their logo on the back of the headstock or something?

HAHAHA That 80's version would be sweet but expensive as hell and hard to find.

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2006-10-21, 17:47
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Hi,
the Ironbird guitar in your specification will cost 1660 euros...fo quilted
maple top add 50 euros please.

Best regards
Dariusz Kuczynski

> R or L handed : right handed
>
> Scale length : 25.5
> Scale length other :
>
> Body shape : other
> Body shape other : BC Rich Ironbird/Ran Thunder.
>
> Construction : neck thru body
> Construction other :
>
> Body material : alder
> Body material other :
>
> Top wood options : yes
> Top wood options other : Quilted maple or Flame maple(quote both)
>
> Body binding : none
>
> Binding material : white plastic
> Binding material other :
>
> Pickup configuration : H-H
> Pickup configuration other :
>
> Finish : see-thru
> Finish other : Dark Grey
>
> Custom finish : none
> Custom finish other :
>
> Headstock shape : other
> Headstock shape other : BCR Ironbird/Ran Thunder.
>
> Neck material : maple 3P
> Neck material other :
>
> Headstock : regular
>
> Truss rod cover : plastic (b/w/b)
> Truss rod cover other :
>
> Headstock finish : other
> Headstock finish other : Also QM/Flame maple top.
>
> Neck finish : match body finish
> Neck finish other :
>
> Fingerboard material : ebony
> Fingerboard material other :
>
> Number of frets : 24
> Number of frets other :
>
> Fret size : Gotoh - standard
>
> Fingerboard inlays (MOP) : dots
> Fingerboard inlays (MOP) other :
>
> Custom inlays : no
> Custom inlays other :
>
> Inlay at 12th fret (MOP) : other
> Inlay at 12th fret (MOP) other : Normal 2-dot inlay.
>
> Fingerboard side inlays : plastic dots
> Fingerboard side inlays other :
>
> Fingerboard binding : white plastic
> Fingerboard binding other :
>
> Headstock binding : white plastic
> Headstock binding other :
>
> Nut : locking
> Nut other :
>
> Width : 1 11/16(43mm)
>
> Hardware color : black
>
> Bridge system : Schaller Floyd Rose Tremolo
> Bridge system other :
>
> Tuning machines : Schaller M6
> Tuning machines other :
>
> Straplocks : Schaller
>
> Pickups : DiMarzio
> Neck : Dimarzio PAF Pro.
> Middle : Middle
> Bridge : Seymour Duncan SH-6
>
> Pickup rings : plastic (black)
>
> Control knobs : 2 x volume, tone
> Control knobs other :
>
> Other controls : none
> Other controls other :
>
> Pickup selector : 3-way toggle
> Pickup selector other :
>
> Flight case : yes
> - - -
> Additional instructions :
>
>

Man, I wasn't expecting it being this much. I think choosing a Schaller and maple top really jacked up the price, but I'm too picky to dumb down any features.

I think my Ran is going to have to wait some more, been making some calculations and perhaps now is not the best time to spend that much on an axe.

But who knows maybe in a few months I'll change my mind, I think you guys already know me for my unpredictability.

Last edited by Soeru : 2006-10-21 at 17:57.

Old 2006-10-23, 07:03
STYX
New Blood

Quote:
Whoa dude, let me see some pics of your Ran, I've always been a huge fan of the Ironbird shape, I've got a really good BCR NJ Ironbird with an EMG81-85 set and OFR but I'm gonna be selling virtually all my axes(probably my Ibanez Universe too) other than the Ironbird to get either an Invader or Ironbird/Thunder in grey quilted or flame top + gold or black hardware, neckthru, ebony fretboard, alder body, MOP dot inlays, and Floyd Rose. I still need to inquire for the price of this idea, depending on the response I may choose to simplify it a little bit.
What is the SH-6, the super distortion?

Hi,

You can find some small pics of my custom Thunder Ran on page 160 of this
forum, guitar i received at the end of august. This was neckthru, ebony
fretboard, alder body, maple neck, with custom inlay on the 12th fret and
satin finish. This is a real metal axe, a little hard to play due to huge string
gauge.
The only thing i would change is the EMG81... for a more agressive one from
Seymour Duncan.

PS: the SH-6 is the duncan distortion, a classical one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0863_Small.jpg (48.9 KB, 154 views)

Old 2006-10-23, 13:56
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Just curious man, how huge are the string guages you use and what tuning are they in that makes it kinda hard to play with? I was just wondering cuz i use 13s in standard and they seem quite normal to me but pretty impossible for some of my other friends to play. I justed wanted to know what some other guys thought. Thanks.
BTW nice axe

Old 2006-10-23, 15:06
STYX
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornsOfHeaven200
Just curious man, how huge are the string guages you use and what tuning are they in that makes it kinda hard to play with? I was just wondering cuz i use 13s in standard and they seem quite normal to me but pretty impossible for some of my other friends to play. I justed wanted to know what some other guys thought. Thanks.
BTW nice axe

Hi,

When my Ran came in, there was 10-48 Labella Strings on it.
In Normal Tuning (EADGBE), it is a bit too hard for me, even if
i'm used to play 12-52 in D tuning on my other guitar.
I was surprised, but this is really a bit too hard for me. So i will
probably change for a smaller string gauge on my Ran (9-46),
but so, i may need to adjust its truss rod...

Styx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0786.JPG (67.1 KB, 168 views)

Old 2006-10-23, 18:17
Invader
New Blood

My custom should be ready on late February. That would make the build time approx. 8 months. The wait is killing me!

I have a question for everyone who has a Ran with EMGs in it. Does your guitar have the bridge/string grounding wire? The reason I'm asking is that EMGs don't need the string grounding and if the wire isn't routed from the bridge to the control cavity, it would be a bitch to do it myself afterwards if I decide to try some passive pickups in my Ran, especially because I won't have a trem cavity.
I was thinking about asking Dariusz to route the grounding wire to the control cavity even if it isn't needed for the EMGs, and just leave it unconnected.

Last edited by Invader : 2006-10-23 at 18:19.

Old 2006-10-24, 02:12
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader
I was thinking about asking Dariusz to route the grounding wire to the control cavity even if it isn't needed for the EMGs, and just leave it unconnected.

hey, why dont you do that?. if i order a ran i will ask him to do that. it gives me flexibility in the future.
im sure he wont mind. it will take him 30 seconds. but email him asap, i dunno if they do all the cavity drilling and routing before the painting or after. but i guess you wanna email him before the painting.

Old 2006-10-24, 10:21
Hexer
Senior Metalhead

hey guys, totally forgot about this thread lol. I've finally ordered my RAN and the building-process has started, should be completed somewhen around April/May 2007, but I'm pretty excited about it

it will be a 7-string custom-shaped V

Old 2006-10-24, 12:09
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
but email him asap, i dunno if they do all the cavity drilling and routing before the painting or after. but i guess you wanna email him before the painting.

Yes, generally all this sort of drilling is done before finishing.

In fact ALL of the drilling should be (strap button and other hardware holes) otherwise there is the possibility of the finish cracking.

Old 2006-10-24, 16:01
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader
My custom should be ready on late February. That would make the build time approx. 8 months. The wait is killing me!

I have a question for everyone who has a Ran with EMGs in it. Does your guitar have the bridge/string grounding wire? The reason I'm asking is that EMGs don't need the string grounding and if the wire isn't routed from the bridge to the control cavity, it would be a bitch to do it myself afterwards if I decide to try some passive pickups in my Ran, especially because I won't have a trem cavity.

The painting and finishing doesn't happen until about a month and a half before completion- so you'll have till January or so to make any changes

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:

Old 2006-10-24, 17:27
Invader
New Blood

Quote:
The painting and finishing doesn't happen until about a month and a half before completion- so you'll have till January or so to make any changes

Yeah that's what I figured too. I'll definitely ask Dariusz to route the wire to the cavity.

I originally ordered the guitar without the iron cross inlays but after some serious pondering I thought what the heck, it's a custom for gods sake, what difference does 120 euros make in the end. So the crosses are back in the picture. Now it will have everything I wanted in the first place, and then some

Old 2006-10-24, 18:52
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Anyday now..... im expecting my send the 2nd payment e-mail.

Old 2006-10-27, 16:07
BEHEMOTH
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
You mean this one?

awesome shit.

Moyses told me that when Vader played in Brasil, MOysess (krisiun), changed his DEAN to Mouser( the RAN changed hands).

Old 2006-10-30, 03:47
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2006-11-02, 21:05
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Damnit,

"Hi Jonathan,we are under finishing process, but we had to stopped it because of some problems with mirror material.We have got wrong material and it didn`t work correctly...so, we have to make it again, but I have no idea, when we get new one.Unfortunately, cooperation with supplier is very hard and it can take 2 - 3 months, I`m affraid.I will inform you asap. Best regardsDariusz Kuczynski "

This sucks.

Old 2006-11-02, 21:18
sqol
Post-whore

Ah shit man I feel your pain!

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:

Old 2006-11-03, 00:21
JOAMdude
Post-whore

some one metioned that krisiun, video. look at this , hahahaha amazing

so grreat

Old 2006-11-03, 00:26
JOAMdude
Post-whore

ahahaha "PISS!BALLS!go lisn to COB"

omg if you haven't read this you really should, it is why i don't bother with slayer anymore

Old 2006-11-03, 14:44
STYX
New Blood

Hi guys,

I've just read a french forum on Ran guitars:
http://www.guitariste.com/forums/gu...23644,1380.html

... and i was surprised to learn
that a guy has received his custom Ran with a dent, the wrong machine
heads (standards instead of locking ones), and the neck pickup that dangles!

I think, but i may be wrong, he's the first one with such defaults on his
custom.

What do u think about that ?