MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2006-08-22, 10:54
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Nice take on the crackle finish man, looks obscene! Would have liked to have seen an inverted BCRich headstock tho

Old 2006-08-22, 12:25
Turbo Rico
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Holy SHIT
Holy SHIT
Holy SHIT
Holy SHIT
That looks nice

How do you like the Kahler I had the first Ran with one and told Dariusz about them and how to install them, you know? Yes, I am proud to have the first Ran with a Kahler. You would too.

Thanx!
I´m second one up with Kahler.
I had an US Custom BC Rich KKV Tribe with Kahler so that´s why I ordered this one. I just love Kahler! I´ll stick to Kahlers from now on. I got 3 guitars with Floyd so I don´t need no more.

Old 2006-08-22, 12:27
Turbo Rico
Senior Metalhead

Thanx guys!
The specs are as usual....
All maple, ebony fretboard, 24 jumbo frets, Kahler 2315, EMG 81/81 and PA-2.

Old 2006-08-22, 16:36
Invader
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Rico
Here is all pics:

That's pretty damn nice! Looks awesome, congrats!
Maybe I should start planning my next Ran already.

I emailed Dariusz regarding the neck construction. I now have a 5-piece mahogany/maple neck on order for my guitar.

I also had some doubts about the maple top's color matching the mahogany back, so Dariusz promised to send me some pictures of my guitar when all the wooden parts are done so I can see if the maple top needs to be dyed or not. Excellent service from Ran guitars, once again.

Old 2006-08-22, 18:01
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Wow, amazing guitar.

Old 2006-08-23, 05:21
Turbo Rico
Senior Metalhead

Thanx guys!
It´s gonna be so nice playing it. Hopefully I´ll get it on thursday. It looks like it on the USP site... Can´t wait!

Old 2006-08-23, 05:22
Turbo Rico
Senior Metalhead

Thanx guys!
It´s gonna be so nice playing it. Hopefully I´ll get it on thursday. It looks like it on the UPS site... Can´t wait!

Old 2006-08-23, 15:39
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Wow, that guitar looks awesome! Dont like the headstock too much though, but otherwise its top notch stuff.

Old 2006-08-23, 19:19
Heavy Jerk
Metalhead

So guys, are u really thinking RAN guitars are worth of money they're sellin' them?

Pls give me an e-mail of that guy called Darius or something.

I mean, what is the price u can get some decent mahogany neck through guitar with ebony fingerboard and, say, Kahler 2200 (that's the most expensive Kahler)?? At least give me some estimate...
Pls answer this, i can't read all pages from the 1st one 'up to last.

Cheers

Old 2006-08-23, 19:39
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Well they are located in Poland and only accept bank wire transfers as payment as of what I understand. My parents wont let me do bank transfers(yet) so that kinda sucks. But IMO its worth the money.
If you want a custom quote check out their website

Old 2006-08-23, 22:24
Heavy Jerk
Metalhead

ok, thanks. I've already sent my specifications and i'm waiting for THE quote...rrrrrrrrr....no money right now, just checking though.

Hope they will not get famous, and that for some year they still will be bang for a buck...

Last edited by Heavy Jerk : 2006-08-23 at 22:27.

Old 2006-08-23, 22:54
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

It was worth the money to have one built and shipped to the USA for me. Custom handmade guitars start at $4,000 here. I'd also go with a 2300 series Kahler.

Old 2006-08-24, 00:39
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Hey Soul, i was wondering since i've never played a Kahler 2300 or any for that matter, how far back can you pull it up to raise the pitch compared to an original floyd? I was wondering because I love making those really high pitched notes and squeals that I can with a Floyd and was hoping I can do the same with the Kahler.
Another question I have is whether or not I would have to adjust the springs if changing the tuning drastically lets say from E to B standard?
I know this should go in the bridge thread but since we're kind of on the topic, what the hell, right. Thanks in advance man.

Old 2006-08-24, 01:10
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

You can pull back on a floyd to the point the string break and you can do the same with a Kahler. I have never had to pull back to the max stop so there is a lot of wammy range. Way more than can be used safely.

There is a spring tension hex nut on the top of 2300 series Kahler bridges that adjust all the springs ( two ) in unison. It is very easy to level the bridge on kahlers because of this. There are also 2 different sets of springs you can buy for your Kahler too. A normal and heavy set. The heavy springs are for if like a harder to move wammy bar like Floyds.

Old 2006-08-24, 01:34
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

"Way more than can be used safely"? What exactly do you mean by that? if I pull it too far back i can damage something?
So I would be able to do those Dimebag squeals and raise it high enough to the right pitch like at the end of cemetary gates?
Sorry for all the questions, i;m thinking about getting one on my custom axe eventually, probably a 2300 series steel on steel cam.

Old 2006-08-24, 01:50
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Lol, I was just half ass joking. You will not damage anything except maybe yourself. I seen a dude about get his eye taken out by a string busting before ( Floyd bridge btw ).

You can hit Dime dives and squeals with no problem with a Kahler. I do. Once you play one ( unless you are so used to playing a Floyd ) you will love it and never want anything else.

Old 2006-08-24, 03:51
Turbo Rico
Senior Metalhead

If You live in Europe and gonna order a guitar from Ran with Kahler, order the Kahler Yourself. If You´re lucky, like me, You won´t pay any customs on the Kahler bridge. I bought my last Kahler myself. I got in 5 days, paid 5 USD for express shipping, no customs.

Old 2006-08-24, 04:58
xeper
New Blood

Old 2006-08-24, 05:03
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Gorgeous!

Old 2006-08-24, 08:26
STYX
New Blood

String gauge

Hi all,

I've just a little question as concerned string gauge RAN uses.
I asked Dariusz what gauge they use now: he answered 10-48 Labella.

Didn't they use a 'smaller' string gauge before ?

Do u know why they now use heavier strings ?

D.

PS: here are two other pics of my RAN...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (80.1 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (67.4 KB, 160 views)

Old 2006-08-24, 08:50
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

WOW.
That is one of the HOTTEST Ironbird-style guitars I've ever seen.
I'm loving Ran Guitars more and more every day.
Just WOW.

Old 2006-08-24, 09:54
STYX
New Blood

Thanks guy!

I also posted some small pics of my ironbird RAN in page 160 of this thread.

As for specs, it is a 3-piece Maple neck thru with Alder body and Ebony Fretboard. No floyd (cause i've got other guitars with floyds), just some
locking tuners to keep it tuned!
I also love the satin finish on it! This is a real METAL axe!

D.

Last edited by STYX : 2006-08-24 at 09:58.

Old 2006-08-24, 13:48
BEHEMOTH
Senior Metalhead

HEY XEPER I really like your new RAN!!!!
Before selling it (if you sell anyday, contact me!!!))))

ITs really amazing, expecially the neck!!!

Old 2006-08-24, 13:54
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Thanks Soul for the info about Kahler

Xeper, that custom looks really NICE with that carved body, sexy! I really like the ironbird shape, it just looks sooo cool!

Old 2006-08-24, 14:31
Heavy Jerk
Metalhead

my specs, though i didn't understand some parts like fingerboard side inlays
This was just a try...anyways:

"Dear Uros,
the Invader guitar in your specification will cost 1790 euros.

Best regards
Dariusz Kuczynski

> R or L handed : right handed
>
> Scale length : 25.5
> Scale length other :
>
> Body shape : Invader
> Body shape other :
>
> Construction : neck thru body
> Construction other :
>
> Body material : mahogany
> Body material other :
>
> Top wood options : no
> Top wood options other :
>
> Body binding : none
>
> Binding material : N/A
> Binding material other :
>
> Pickup configuration : H-H
> Pickup configuration other :
>
> Finish : see-thru
> Finish other : black
>
> Custom finish : none
> Custom finish other :
>
> Headstock shape : Invader
> Headstock shape other : widow(ex. BC Rich Beast)
>
> Neck material : mahogany 3P
> Neck material other :
>
> Headstock : regular
>
> Headstock cover : wooden
> Headstock cover other :
>
> Headstock finish : match body finish
> Headstock finish other :
>
> Neck finish : match body finish
> Neck finish other :
>
> Fingerboard material : ebony
> Fingerboard material other :
>
> Number of frets : 24
> Number of frets other :
>
> Fret size : Dunlop 6130
>
> Fingerboard inlays (MOP) : piranha
> Fingerboard inlays (MOP) other :
>
> Custom inlays : no
> Custom inlays other :
>
> Inlay at 12th fret (MOP) : pentagram (11-13th fret area)
> Inlay at 12th fret (MOP) other :
>
> Fingerboard side inlays : plastic dots
> Fingerboard side inlays other :
>
> Fingerboard binding : none
> Fingerboard binding other :
>
> Headstock binding : none
> Headstock binding other :
>
> Nut : locking
> Nut other :
>
> Width : 1 5/8(42mm)
>
> Hardware color : chrome
>
> Bridge system : Kahler tremolo
> Bridge system other : Kahler 2200
>
> Tuning machines : Schaller M6 locking
> Tuning machines other :
>
> Straplocks : Schaller
>
> Pickups : DiMarzio
> Neck : Neck:Air Norton
> Middle : Middle
> Bridge : Bridge:x2N
>
> Pickup rings : none (direct mounted)
>
> Control knobs : volume
> Control knobs other :
>
> Other controls : none
> Other controls other :
>
> Pickup selector : 3-way toggle
> Pickup selector other :
>
> Flight case : yes"

Old 2006-08-24, 18:45
Turbo Rico
Senior Metalhead

I got my Red Crackle KKV today!
It´s the best gutiar from Ran so far. It both sounds and plays amazing! It was worth the wait. It´s nice to be back on Kahler again. It´s been a while.

Old 2006-08-24, 19:11
Heavy Jerk
Metalhead

how much did u pay it?

Old 2006-08-24, 19:40
Turbo Rico
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jerk
how much did u pay it?

I can´t remember. I think it was around 1700 euro. The Kahler bridge is a bit more expensive than Shaller Floyd Rose.

Old 2006-08-25, 07:21
xeper
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEHEMOTH
HEY XEPER I really like your new RAN!!!!
Before selling it (if you sell anyday, contact me!!!))))

ITs really amazing, expecially the neck!!!

THX! I contact You, if I'll try to sell it, (but at now i don't think so )

Greetings

Old 2006-08-26, 04:25
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Hey guys,
I'm actually thinking about getting a Ran considering all the great reviews. But I gotta know a few things.
All this stuff about the Kahler really confuses me. For those who have experience, can you explain the pros and cons of Kahler and the difference between Floyd Rose?
Also, if I were to order from the states, how much would shipping duties cost?
Thanks...

Old 2006-08-26, 06:17
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

You ask for a lot from a drunk man tonight, but I gave Ran guitars thier first Kahler 2300 series bridge to put on my guitar ( mailed it to them myself ). I wanted it on the guitar and I got just what I wanted. It was setup perfect. Now Ran offers Kahler and all you need to know is that they good.

I also ordered the first Ran custom to the USA in 04 and Customs were $1,000. J/K I was like $108 for Customs tax.

Just check other custom guitar prices in the USA and you will see why I payed all the extra shit to have Ran make mine.

Old 2006-08-26, 18:01
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
Oli,
we have started the painting process...it takes about 4 weeks yet.
The building was delayed, because of longer delivery of swamp ash for wings to your project.
We will plan to finish it about mid October.

Best regards
Dariusz Kuczynski

No fair! The original completion date was end of August/start of September... ah well, it'll be worth the wait, and it gives me more time to get the money together

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven

Old 2006-08-26, 19:50
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
You ask for a lot from a drunk man tonight, but I gave Ran guitars thier first Kahler 2300 series bridge to put on my guitar ( mailed it to them myself ). I wanted it on the guitar and I got just what I wanted. It was setup perfect. Now Ran offers Kahler and all you need to know is that they good.

I also ordered the first Ran custom to the USA in 04 and Customs were $1,000. J/K I was like $108 for Customs tax.

Just check other custom guitar prices in the USA and you will see why I payed all the extra shit to have Ran make mine.

$108? Custom tax means shipping and handling right?

Kahler 2300s are basically almost the same to Floyd Roses, all except for the feel and construction right? Is it easier to change strings and such with Kahlers?

Old 2006-08-26, 19:56
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderboy

Kahler 2300s are basically almost the same to Floyd Roses, all except for the feel and construction right? Is it easier to change strings and such with Kahlers?
changing strings on a kahler is WAY easier, no need to cut the ball of, just slip it in and ur done. and setting it up is easier aswell.

i got a kahler on my custom guitar, and actualy, i hate it, i mean it sustains absolutely awesome, couldnt be better realy, but for whammy tricks (wich is mostly y i wanted a trem) the kahler sucks in my opinioun, lol i know lots of peeps are gonna flame me for this, but if i ever get a trem guitar again it will have a OFR or a ibanez edge pro

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-08-26, 20:05
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

Customs tax, or Customs Duty is a charge applied to imported goods. It's usually the same as whatever VAT rate applies in your country. In the UK for example, thats 17.5%. Even though technically you paid VAT in Poland, when bringing into your country you will more than likely be charged VAT on top. And whatever 'customs charge' there is too, that is for the customs and excise officers to open it up and look at it, and make sure it isn't drugs etc etc. Or a bomb. Most things are just X-rayed these days I guess.

Rip off, but there is nothing you can do, unless you live in an EU country and you are buying from another EU country, like Poland to the UK. Then it's the free market and we don't pay additional VAT.

Old 2006-08-26, 20:19
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by k13m
changing strings on a kahler is WAY easier, no need to cut the ball of, just slip it in and ur done. and setting it up is easier aswell.

i got a kahler on my custom guitar, and actualy, i hate it, i mean it sustains absolutely awesome, couldnt be better realy, but for whammy tricks (wich is mostly y i wanted a trem) the kahler sucks in my opinioun, lol i know lots of peeps are gonna flame me for this, but if i ever get a trem guitar again it will have a OFR or a ibanez edge pro

Haha...
Well, I'm extra confused now. I don't know which trem to go with. What's wrong with Kahler, in terms of whammy tricks?

Old 2006-08-26, 20:42
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Haha...
Well, I'm extra confused now. I don't know which trem to go with. What's wrong with Kahler, in terms of whammy tricks?
theres nothign wrong, it just works a bit diffrent compared to floating bridges like original floyd roses and edge pro's.

for example, if you do a divebomb on a OFR or edge pro, u raise the strings away from the fretboard, wich makes the tension drasticly lower, wich ersults in a way cooler sounding divebomb IMO, a kahler bridge, doesnt raise the string away from the fretboard, the string stays at the same hight, it just moves the saddles, wich will decrease the tension (on a divebomb) but not as much as a OFR would do, so basicaly, a OFR or any floating bridge, has more range to raise the bar or do dive bombs.

a advantage on the kahler bridge is, easier to set up and change strings, it doesnt need a big hole trough the body, and its attached right on the body like a regular bridge, so the sustain is WAy better on a kahler, and a kahler also looks pretty cool.

its definatly not a BAD tremolo unit, but for cool big divebombs, a OFR or edge pro just owns the kahler IMO, personaly, i like ibanzes edge pro brodges even better than OFR trems..!!!! DO NOT confuse ibanez edge pro trems with ibanez lo pro edge tremolos!!! lo pro egde sucks, and edge pro rules

edge pro's for some reason bounceeraly well, its realy hard to describe this whammy trick, basicaly, u pull the trem arm up, and let it bounce back, wich will make the bridge bounce up and down, wich will make a eraly weird col sound. my kahler doesnt do that trick for shit (and believe me, my kahler is set up good) also the OFR on my ols jackson usa didnt do that trick verry well.

so yeh, it realy depends what ur after... also, these are my opinions, eventough their based on my own experiences, i own a custom guitar with a kahler, ive owned some jacksons with either licensed floys rose bridges and original floyd rose bridges, and some ibanez guityars with both lo pro egde and egde pro bridges.

sry for the confusing its just, i ordered a kahler on my custom axe, cuz i heard so many good things about it, and im just disapointed about the kahler

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-08-26, 21:21
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Cool dude, thanks for the info. I'm not completely sure about getting a Kahler, mainly because I've only been playing a couple of years and don't really play lead (yet). But the thing is I've got a Strat and a Les Paul, so I thought I might try out a new type of bridge. I was really gonna get a Stop-Tailpiece (It looks so much better on an Explorer type guitar).
Well here are specs that I want for my guitar...

R or L handed » right handed
Scale length » 25.5"
Body shape » Custom Explorer-like shape with just a few minor changes
Construction » neck thru
Body material » alder
Top wood options » no
Body binding » none
Binding material » N/A
Pickup configuration » H-H
Finish » see-thru black
Custom finish » see-thru red bevels
Headstock shape » Ken Lawrence Custom Explorer Style headstock (Just turned upside down)
Neck material » maple 3P
Headstock » regular
Headstock cover » plastic (b/w/b)
Headstock finish » match body finish
Neck finish » match body finish
Fingerboard material » ebony
Number of frets » 24
Fret size » Gotoh - standard
Fingerboard inlays (MOP) » LED's (red)
Custom inlays » no
Inlay at 12th fret (MOP) » "J,P '91"
Fingerboard side inlays » LED`s (red)
Fingerboard binding » none
Headstock binding » Red Plastic
Nut » locking
Width » 1 5/8"(42mm)
Hardware color » black
Bridge system » Kahler tremolo (2300) -or- Schaller Stop-Tailpiece TOM
Tuning machines » Grover Cam-lock
Straplocks » Dunlop
Pickups » EMG 81 (B) EMG 85(N)
Pickup rings » plastic (black)
Control knobs » volume, 2 x tone
Other controls » EMG PA2
Pickup selector » 3-way toggle
Flight case » yes
Additional instructions »
Have bevels on the guitar so that the edges slope down like valley sides. (Relate to the Dean Razorback guitars with their angled edges)
On the headstock, have the Ran logo red, and I would like the "Ran Guitars - Custom Made" logo on it instead of the standard "Ran" logo.

I'm currently working on a few sketches. I'm gonna upload them when they're finished. I don't really know how to make mock-ups. Does anybody here know how to?

Old 2006-08-26, 22:40
k13m
Post-whore

that promises to make a sweet guitar.

i bel;ieve theres some site where u can make liek a drawing of a guitar, il lookup the link and post it here IF i can find it

EDIT: here it is

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/...FCustomShop.htm

just select the body type u want and u can change stuff, dno if ittl be any use for you, but its fun atleast

< no wonder hes mad!!

Last edited by k13m : 2006-08-26 at 22:44.

Old 2006-08-27, 00:15
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Thanks man, it's a really cool site!
It's kinda limited, but it's better than nothing...

Old 2006-08-27, 13:20
Jed Anderson
New Blood

Woo!! about 4 months to go... its getting closer...

my 7string slime is having custom abalone inlays cost me £1300 for the whole guitar, thats about 2700 in dollars i think.

-J
Dean 79 MLf
Jackson RR3
Kramer explorer
Ibanez Destroyer
BCR beast speedloader
BCR Warlock
RAN 7 string January ish

Old 2006-08-27, 18:04
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Anderson
Woo!! about 4 months to go... its getting closer...

my 7string slime is having custom abalone inlays cost me £1300 for the whole guitar, thats about 2700 in dollars i think.

-J
what , damn that alot of money (if ur right that is).

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-08-27, 18:09
Jed Anderson
New Blood

Thats was still a very cheap price for how much custom work im getting done, its not one of his usual body shapes and also I asked for the body and headstock to be made in proportion with the neck... so you cant tell straight away that its a 7stringer
Dean 79 MLf
Jackson RR3
Kramer explorer
Ibanez Destroyer
BCR beast speedloader
BCR Warlock
RAN 7 string January ish

Old 2006-08-27, 20:48
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/...FCustomShop.htm

just select the body type u want and u can change stuff, dno if ittl be any use for you, but its fun atleast

That site is the SHIZNIT!

Old 2006-08-28, 04:44
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Hey guys, I finished the sketches to what the guitar is SUPPOSED to look like. I know it really sucks ass (it looks better on my sketchbook), but I hope Dariusz can conjur up some miracle and make it sexy.

My VERY rough sketch

Old 2006-08-28, 05:49
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Hey guys, I finished the sketches to what the guitar is SUPPOSED to look like. I know it really sucks ass (it looks better on my sketchbook), but I hope Dariusz can conjur up some miracle and make it sexy.

My VERY rough sketch

woah, your quite the artist. thats an awesome drawing! i like that body shape, its a variation of the razor back right? well more like a cross breed between a razor back and an explorer. i could never draw guitars, they always looked bent, so i sticked to microsoft paint hahahaa

tight shit man, thats class. i love the kl headstocks, it will be interesting seeing a reversed one.

when are you ordering?

btw, this is my mockup, excuse the crudeness
Clicky!

EDIT: o yea, i found some upclose pictures of the KL headstock you can use to show big d. i reversed it so you could see how it would look. im sure you already have plenty of pics of this tho

Reversed KL Headstock
Normal KL Headstock

Last edited by User01 : 2006-08-28 at 05:55.

Old 2006-08-28, 06:26
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

BBBAAAAMMMM

New Kahler. Looks sick.

tremol-no can suck a fat one.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2006-08-28, 06:39
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
BBBAAAAMMMM

New Kahler. Looks sick.

tremol-no can suck a fat one.

Holy shit! Those are cool. Plus they are about $100 cheaper too. Says they are not hand machined like the Pro models. I hope that means they are not chunks of weak cast metal.

Old 2006-08-28, 06:47
Bia
Muffin Ass

Quote:
theres nothign wrong, it just works a bit diffrent compared to floating bridges like original floyd roses and edge pro's.

for example, if you do a divebomb on a OFR or edge pro, u raise the strings away from the fretboard, wich makes the tension drasticly lower, wich ersults in a way cooler sounding divebomb IMO, a kahler bridge, doesnt raise the string away from the fretboard, the string stays at the same hight, it just moves the saddles, wich will decrease the tension (on a divebomb) but not as much as a OFR would do, so basicaly, a OFR or any floating bridge, has more range to raise the bar or do dive bombs.

a advantage on the kahler bridge is,......

sry for the confusing its just, i ordered a kahler on my custom axe, cuz i heard so many good things about it, and im just disapointed about the kahler

Dude...that was cool as fuck reading. I never knew all that.
I really need to evolve to a whammy.....I love a brutal dive.

Old 2006-08-28, 06:50
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
Dude...that was cool as fuck reading. I never knew all that.
I really need to evolve to a whammy.....I love a brutal dive.

are all your post's this useless?

o shit, i shouldnt have said that, watch how i get supended...

Old 2006-08-28, 07:18
Bia
Muffin Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
are all your post's this useless?

o shit, i shouldnt have said that, watch how i get supended...

LOL....

It's cool. That was my first post ever in this thread so your gayness has now made it two.

*flipoff smiley*

Old 2006-08-28, 07:21
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
LOL....

It's cool. That was my first post ever in this thread so your gayness has now made it two.

*flipoff smiley*

yes. excellent come back. bravo.

Old 2006-08-28, 09:46
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
woah, your quite the artist. thats an awesome drawing! i like that body shape, its a variation of the razor back right? well more like a cross breed between a razor back and an explorer. i could never draw guitars, they always looked bent, so i sticked to microsoft paint hahahaa

tight shit man, thats class. i love the kl headstocks, it will be interesting seeing a reversed one.

when are you ordering?

btw, this is my mockup, excuse the crudeness
Clicky!

EDIT: o yea, i found some upclose pictures of the KL headstock you can use to show big d. i reversed it so you could see how it would look. im sure you already have plenty of pics of this tho

Reversed KL Headstock
Normal KL Headstock

Haha, thanks man, but it isn't that good.
Yeah it was originally a cross between a Razorback and an explorer, it had all of those razor-edges, but I decided to kind of alter it so that it's more 'original'.
I actually do have that exact same picture, and I too reversed it on photoshop, haha. But thanks.
Anyways, I really want to order it now. I requested a quote earlier and I'm waiting for Dariusz reply. But I have some doubts that I'm gonna be able to get one soon because I just got a Les Paul a few months ago.

Old 2006-08-28, 11:09
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

That was an awesome design Wunderboy.

Old 2006-08-28, 14:35
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Thanks dude. I took me ages to deside the shape.
I just hope I didn't jinx anything by showing it to you guys.

Old 2006-08-28, 15:42
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Thanks dude. I took me ages to deside the shape.
I just hope I didn't jinx anything by showing it to you guys.

worried someone will steal it?

Old 2006-08-28, 19:32
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213
worried someone will steal it?

Well, I got the quote. Dariusz says that it would cost me 2060 Euros. That's around $2633?
I might have to downgrade the design...

Last edited by Wunderboy : 2006-08-28 at 19:37.

Old 2006-08-28, 19:52
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

You'll find thats still a very good price for a custom to your own original body design, but yeah I know what you mean.

I bet Dariusz has Invader and RR bodies all lined up waiting to go already, so many people order them.

Old 2006-08-28, 20:04
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:

Well, I got the quote. Dariusz says that it would cost me 2060 Euros. That's around $2633?

Woah...his prices really are going up.

Old 2006-08-28, 20:17
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:

Yeah, that isn't a bad price really. By the time you get it to your door though it might cost $3,000 ( shipping and US Customs duty tax ). I bet that bad boy would cost $7,000+ if you had it made in the US.

It is a great design though. The Razor Dimes look so sweet and I have often thought about how cool a Razor Explorer would look. Your design looks close to what I imagined. Only thing I would do different would be the placement of the input jack, but thats just me.

Old 2006-08-28, 20:24
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Yeah, I'm actually going to send him an email telling him the changes.
One of them is removing that little place for the input jack and just leaving it as a corner like a regular explorer, I just realised it's ridiculous.

Old 2006-08-28, 20:34
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I know it is just a rough design but another thing that worries me is the placement of the switches. If you want them there thats fine but they would get in my way.

May I work on your design just for my own fun? I have no plans to build one without your consent first.

Old 2006-08-28, 20:53
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
I know it is just a rough design but another thing that worries me is the placement of the switches. If you want them there thats fine but they would get in my way.

May I work on your design just for my own fun? I have no plans to build one without your consent first.

Yeah, sure. But make sure you post your revamped version.

Oh and about the switches, where do you think its best to put it?

Old 2006-08-28, 21:28
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I'm not sure yet, but not where they are on your design. I don't think there is enough room at that location for my taste. The switches are directly in my wide area picking path. I don't like having to worry about switching something by accident. I'll make a few different versions of the design. Form should follow function... but get creative with what's extra

Old 2006-08-28, 21:35
Wunderboy
Metalhead

I was going for that Les Paul thing.
Before I sketched it I actually got stuck on how the knobs and switches should be set up. My first idea was to put the pickup selector where it was on my design (like a les paul), and the PA2 switch would be with the control knobs. But I thought it would be cool to have them together.
I guess it would get in the way though. I dunno.

Old 2006-08-28, 21:49
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Believe me, it would get in the way. It would always be in the back of your mind not to accidently hit those switch locations. It could be the distracting element that causes you to loose focus the very moment you discover the riff that dominates the world. Why take that chance?

Old 2006-08-29, 08:32
STYX
New Blood

Ran Guitar care

Hi,

I would like to know:

has someone here ever asked Dariusz what's the best way/product to
clean and keep a ran guitar fingerboard in good condition ?

(Is DUNLOP Formula 65 Fingerboard Kit a good choice for example ?)

Thanks for reply,

Styx

ps: my RAN came up with 10-48 Labella strings, a bit heavy for me
in normal tuning :-)...

Last edited by STYX : 2006-08-29 at 08:34.

Old 2006-08-29, 09:29
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Since I'm new here, and have no time to browse through the whole thread..
Everybody post pics of your Ran

Old 2006-08-29, 10:50
STYX
New Blood

Are u silly ?
Read the whole thread instead of being so lazy!

You do not think each of us will post pics of its guitar because YOU ask
for it...

This thread contains many many pics of RAN guitars, so FIND THEM !

Slay the weak...

STYX

Quote:
Since I'm new here, and have no time to browse through the whole thread..
Everybody post pics of your Ran

Last edited by STYX : 2006-08-29 at 13:31.

Old 2006-08-29, 11:45
Wunderboy
Metalhead

I actually got up to page 30... Then I gave up. Dial-up fucking sucks
The links to alot of the pictures don't exist anymore...

Last edited by Wunderboy : 2006-08-29 at 11:48.

Old 2006-08-29, 13:29
STYX
New Blood

Yeah you're right, many links are broken.
But you can find many pictures on Ran site or on Ran guitars user site:

http://ranguitars.floriandecher.de/

Styx

PS: your design is amazing! It will be a very unique guitar i think.

Quote:

I actually got up to page 30... Then I gave up. Dial-up fucking sucks
The links to alot of the pictures don't exist anymore...

Last edited by STYX : 2006-08-29 at 13:32.

Old 2006-08-29, 18:18
Wunderboy
Metalhead

That websites amazing!
By the way, that Custom Explorer would cost 2090 Euros which is a bit too much for me. So I asked him which features make it cost alot...

Hi,
I have indicated options which increased the price.

Scale length : 25.5
Scale length other :

Body shape : other
Body shape other : Custom Explorer shape.

Construction : neck thru body ****190 euros
Construction other :

Body material : alder
Body material other :

Top wood options : no
Top wood options other :

Body binding : none

Binding material : N/A
Binding material other :

Pickup configuration : H-H
Pickup configuration other :

Finish : see-thru
Finish other : Black ***30 euros

Custom finish : bevels ***50 euros
Custom finish other : See-Thru red bevels

Headstock shape : other
Headstock shape other : Ken Lawrence Custom Explorer style headstock****50 euros

Neck material : maple 3P
Neck material other :

Headstock : reversed

Headstock cover : plastic (b/w/b)
Headstock cover other :

Headstock finish : match body finish
Headstock finish other :

Neck finish : match body finish
Neck finish other :

Fingerboard material : ebony
Fingerboard material other :

Number of frets : 24
Number of frets other :

Fret size : Gotoh - standard

Fingerboard inlays (MOP) : other
Fingerboard inlays (MOP) other : Arrow heads***120 euros

Custom inlays : no
Custom inlays other :

Inlay at 12th fret (MOP) : other
Inlay at 12th fret (MOP) other : boxed \"J.P \'91\"***40 euros

Fingerboard side inlays : LED`s (red) *****150 euros
Fingerboard side inlays other :

Fingerboard binding : black plastic *****30 euros
Fingerboard binding other :

Headstock binding : none
Headstock binding other :

Nut : locking
Nut other :

Width : 1 5/8(42mm)

Hardware color : black

Bridge system : Kahler tremolo
Bridge system other : Kahler 2300 tremolo*****290 euros

Tuning machines : Grover Cam-lock ****50 euros
Tuning machines other :

Straplocks : Schaller

Pickups : EMG
Neck : EMG 85
Middle :
Bridge : EMG 81

Pickup rings : plastic (black)

Control knobs : volume, 2 x tone
Control knobs other :

Other controls : EMG PA2 *****50 euros
Other controls other :

Pickup selector : 3-way toggle
Pickup selector other :

Flight case : yes *****140 euros

I've decided to change some stuff. I don't really need the LED side inlays, but they would look so great on the guitar. Also, I 've decided to use a Kahler 7300 hybrid instead of a 2300. What do you guys think?

Old 2006-08-31, 16:25
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

with my own time role your own innocence by
grab on to my sleeve the one that grabs at your ankle
debate to understand that we all have a flaw
then fail to represent your life as you know it
god grant you one wish to turn back the time... correct and create

me and my star
matthew good night
you know by law when you'll be forgiven
maria my star
matthew goodnight
you know my lord when you'll be forgiven

Old 2006-08-31, 16:36
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Man, that looks NICE! The only things I would of changed would be to add a trem and to put the input jack on the bottom wing instead, but otherwise I like it.

Old 2006-08-31, 17:08
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornsOfHeaven200
Man, that looks NICE! The only things I would of changed would be to add a trem and to put the input jack on the bottom wing instead, but otherwise I like it.

i hate floyds + the input on the bottom wing hurts you when you sit down.

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-08-31, 21:38
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

Wow, that's really nice man! So, there's someone else in the world that likes Tune-o-matic's eh?

Take her from behind, then pretend like you're gonna cum, retract and spit on her back.
Then when she turns around blow your load in her face

Old 2006-08-31, 22:05
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Your not the only other person. I love ToM bridges. For trems I love Kahler but for fixed bridges you can't beat the simple design and good looks of a ToM.

Very nice guitar btw Good move having the input jack put on the upper wing. It stays out of the way much better there. That is the only thing I wished I would have got done to mine, but that detail slipped my mind when ordering.

Old 2006-09-01, 05:00
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Quote:
Holy shit! Those are cool. Plus they are about $100 cheaper too. Says they are not hand machined like the Pro models. I hope that means they are not chunks of weak cast metal.

Not to mention, they have a 7 string pro model coming out by the end of the year. I will be getting one for my LP..

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2006-09-01, 05:16
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
Not to mention, they have a 7 string pro model coming out by the end of the year. I will be getting one for my LP..

you have got to be kidding, right?! omg, the only reason i havent got a 7 string yet is because there arent any kahlers for them. awesome, now i can get one!

Old 2006-09-01, 15:25
sqol
Post-whore

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:

Old 2006-09-01, 15:34
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Awesome man! So is your Ran getting finished soon?

Old 2006-09-01, 15:45
sqol
Post-whore

Mid October D reckons- late shipment of the Swamp Ash wings... will be about 8 and a half months since i placed the order!

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:

Old 2006-09-01, 16:04
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

i'm gonna email D and see if i can get a t-shirt

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-09-01, 17:35
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Yeah, just ask him to include it when he ships the guitar. I didn't have to pay for the t-shirt.

Old 2006-09-01, 19:40
Wunderboy
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqol

That's cool! I'd love to get a shirt. I'd wear it everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Yeah, just ask him to include it when he ships the guitar. I didn't have to pay for the t-shirt.

Do you think there'll be a point when he'd start charging for the shirts?
Whatever, its not like its gonna be for a million bucks though anyway... I'd buy one even if he does charge for it. It would help spread the word on these fantastic guitars

Old 2006-09-01, 20:36
Heavy Jerk
Metalhead

Quote:
It would help spread the word on these fantastic guitars

That's bad. The spreading of the word means the price of RAN guitars goes up, and we don't want that, don't we, hehe...

Old 2006-09-02, 08:11
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Awesome man! So is your Ran getting finished soon?

yea, is it nearly done?

Old 2006-09-02, 18:08
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

lol dude i got my ran a loooooooong time ago. 4ish months with it now.

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-09-02, 23:42
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
yea, is it nearly done?

They've just started the painting of my Ran, which takes 4 weeks apparently

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:

Old 2006-09-03, 13:05
JeremyCrow
New Blood

Hey... I must've missed the train... had no idea this thread existed and I'm not sure I want to read 165 pages lol.

HalfmastTrousers... your Invader is just beautiful... I'll want one in the future.

I ordered a Wraith shaped guitar, 7 string, EMG's, neckthrough, mahogony body and ebony fingerboard.

Here's the pics where mine will be based upon:

http://www.nealmoser.com/mcswraithNT%201.htm

The finish will be just like that except that it won't have that lighter stripe that I don't like very much. They're working on the woodwork now... DK said that it should be ready by January... I'm dying to get it on my hands

BTW, if you wanna listen to my band.... www.myspace.com/beyondtheladder

Old 2006-09-03, 13:26
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

It won't have the lighter stripe? How do you intend to have a natural finish without seeing the neck wood on a neckthrough guitar?

Maybe if the neck is made from mahogany you'll avoid this. You could put a top wood on I suppose.

Old 2006-09-03, 16:11
JeremyCrow
New Blood

dunno... the neck will be 3A flamed maple... and Moser used white limba on his model...

here are the original specs I submited in the ran website

Dear Jeremy,
the Wraith/ Moser guitar in your specification will cost 1420 euros.

Best regards
Dariusz Kuczynski

> R or L handed : right handed
>
> Scale length : 25.5
> Scale length other :
>
> Body shape : other
> Body shape other :
> http://www.nealmoser.com/images/2%2...%2010-11-05.jpg
>
> Construction : neck thru body
> Construction other :
>
> Body material : mahogany
> Body material other :
>
> Top wood options : no
> Top wood options other :
>
> Body binding : none
>
> Binding material : N/A
> Binding material other :
>
> Pickup configuration : H-H
> Pickup configuration other :
>
> Finish : none
> Finish other : black
>
> Custom finish : none
> Custom finish other :
>
> Headstock shape : Cruiser
> Headstock shape other :
>
> Neck material : 3A flamed maple
> Neck material other :
>
> Headstock : regular
>
> Headstock cover : plastic (b/w/b)
> Headstock cover other :
>
> Headstock finish : match body finish
> Headstock finish other :
>
> Neck finish : match body finish
> Neck finish other :
>
> Fingerboard material : ebony
> Fingerboard material other :
>
> Number of frets : 24
> Number of frets other :
>
> Fret size : Gotoh - standard
>
> Fingerboard inlays (MOP) : none
> Fingerboard inlays (MOP) other :
>
> Custom inlays : no
> Custom inlays other :
>
> Inlay at 12th fret (MOP) : block inscription
> Inlay at 12th fret (MOP) other : Jeremy
>
> Fingerboard side inlays : plastic dots
> Fingerboard side inlays other :
>
> Fingerboard binding : none
> Fingerboard binding other :
>
> Headstock binding : none
> Headstock binding other :
>
> Nut : locking
> Nut other :
>
> Width : 1 5/8(42mm)
>
> Hardware color : black
>
> Bridge system : ABM 7-String Fixed Bridge
> Bridge system other :
>
> Tuning machines : Schaller M6
> Tuning machines other :
>
> Straplocks : Schaller
>
> Pickups : EMG
> Neck : 707
> Middle : Middle
> Bridge : 7-81
>
> Pickup rings : none (direct mounted)
>
> Control knobs : 2 x volume, tone
> Control knobs other :
>
> Other controls : none
> Other controls other :
>
> Pickup selector : 3-way toggle
> Pickup selector other :
>
> Hard case : yes
> Flight case : no
> - - -
> Additional instructions : I\'d like a Wraith shaped guitar only a 7 string
> version with EMGs and fixed bridge. The finish would be all natural dark
> wood without the lighter stripe. Thank you.
>

Old 2006-09-03, 16:30
k13m
Post-whore

no offence dude, but if your neck will be made from flamed maple, with no finish or top wood on the guitar, then you WILL have that white maple stripe in the middle of the body, just like that moser pictuer you attached, unless you get a top on the body that covers the whole body.. but seems to me that u dont know half of what your talking about..

other than that, i love that body shape, i dont like most moser guitars shapewise, but this one is amazing.

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-03, 17:32
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
no offence dude, but if your neck will be made from flamed maple, with no finish or top wood on the guitar, then you WILL have that white maple stripe in the middle of the body, just like that moser pictuer you attached, unless you get a top on the body that covers the whole body.. but seems to me that u dont know half of what your talking about..

other than that, i love that body shape, i dont like most moser guitars shapewise, but this one is amazing.

Yep, maple thru mahogany will give you that lighter coloured stripe, and thats a fact!

The body shape is pretty much a variation on the BC Rich Virgin, but I think it does look slightly classier.

Old 2006-09-03, 21:13
k13m
Post-whore

maybe though, since he sayd on the submition form that he didnt want that neckthru look, maybe dariuz will just put a smal layer of mahogany (laminate) on top ofit to cover it up.

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-09-03, 21:21
JeremyCrow
New Blood

hmm I really didn't think about that when I made my submission... but I said I didn't want the lighter stripe to show and Dariusz didn't see a problem with that... so he'll work something out...

There must be other neckthrough guitars with natural finish and different woods out there and I've never seen one with that lighter stripe before seeing this Moser model... so it shouldn't be hard to work something out...

Anyway I e-mailed D. asking about it and when I get his answer, I'll post it here.

Old 2006-09-03, 21:33
sqol
Post-whore

Perhaps they will use the wings to create a little cap over the top of the neck laminates. Like k13ms' idea, but using the wings instead of having a separate piece. We'll just have to wait and see!

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:

Old 2006-09-03, 21:40
JeremyCrow
New Blood

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_stef.html

This Stef Carpenter model has just about the same specs I picked and it has no different stripe. Mahogany body and maple neck... Like I said... I didn't even think about it... I just wanted specs similar ( though not the same... ) to this model with the shape of the Wraith... and I love Dariusz's work so I trust him to make a beautiful instrument...

• NECK-THRU-BODY CONSTRUCTION;
• 27” BARITONE SCALE
• MAHOGANY BODY (MAPLE FOR BLACK FINISH)
• 3-PIECE MAPLE NECK
• ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD
• EMG 81-7 ACTIVE PICKUPS
• VOLUME & TONE CONTROLS W/3-WAY SWITCH
• CHROME HARDWARE
• TONEPROS LOCKING BRIDGE W/STRING-THRU-BODY
• BLACK BINDING ON NECK & HEADSTOCK (WHITE ON BLK FINISH)
• 24 XJ FRETS

Old 2006-09-03, 22:35
k13m
Post-whore

hmm, looks like they did put a top on that guitar (im guessing they uses a mohogany top to match the mahogany body) to cover up the neck through.

but im sure if u give darius that picture, or the link to that site that hell make a top aswell... and u can be suer to get a beautifull instrument from dariuz, everything ive seen coming from him is amazing

< no wonder hes mad!!