MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2006-03-19, 16:53
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

^

+1

How many companys make a double cutaway design similar to a strat?

Old 2006-03-20, 13:23
Evolution
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred_head45
they look like rip offs.

And they play like heaven. What exactly is your point?

Blizzard, that design is awesome, honestly. Can't wait to see some pics of the finished guitar. I'd suggest you consider a few single coil positions in your PU setup, only if that suits your style, of course. With my Ran I was rather interested in how it would work out since I've seen more or less mainly pure metal guitars up to that point. But honestly, after playing it .... I never knew guitars could sound that good.

Old 2006-03-21, 16:56
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqol
Wicked, looks good

My ran that i've ordered, the finish will be see-through red, so you see the neck through maple/mahogany/maple neck through it

Nice, what kind of pickups are you getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution
And they play like heaven. What exactly is your point?

Blizzard, that design is awesome, honestly. Can't wait to see some pics of the finished guitar. I'd suggest you consider a few single coil positions in your PU setup, only if that suits your style, of course. With my Ran I was rather interested in how it would work out since I've seen more or less mainly pure metal guitars up to that point. But honestly, after playing it .... I never knew guitars could sound that good.

Thanks Evo. I'm not a fan of single pickups, so I'll stick with the dual humbucker combo, although I'm changing the set-up from EMG 85/81's to Dimarzio X2N/PAF Pro.

Old 2006-03-21, 17:09
sqol
Post-whore

It will have a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge, and a DiMarzio PAF Pro in the neck. The controls are Master Volume, Bridge Volume and Master Tone, and the two mini toggles will control whether the bridge/neck pickup is On/Coil Tapped/Off

I'm considering getting a Bareknuckle pickup for the bridge, but i'll see how the guitar sounds first though Early September is the approximate completion date, 5 months at least!

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven

Old 2006-03-21, 22:44
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

I can't wait to get my next Ran I hope to get the funds asap....

dont forget to give us updates about yours though, and i'm very tempted to get a bareknuckle set for my current Ran....

Ozz

Old 2006-03-21, 22:52
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

dont forget to give us updates about yours though, and i'm very tempted to get a bareknuckle set for my current Ran....

Ozz

Old 2006-03-21, 23:43
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
It will have a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge, and a DiMarzio PAF Pro in the neck. The controls are Master Volume, Bridge Volume and Master Tone, and the two mini toggles will control whether the bridge/neck pickup is On/Coil Tapped/Off

I'm considering getting a Bareknuckle pickup for the bridge, but i'll see how the guitar sounds first though Early Septmber is the approximate completion date, 5 months at least!

Sounds great. He gave me an estimate of late September.

Something I found which I don't think's been mentioned before:

http://www.kisielewski.com.pl/html/...ektrycznyc.html

Check out the prices for those cases. Dariusz must have some special arrangement with Kisielewski to sell them for 90 euros with each custom guitar order.

Old 2006-03-22, 05:37
Turbo Rico
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzuk

Ozz

Me too... Or DiMarzios X2N och Evolution combo. Time for something new!

Old 2006-03-22, 15:48
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Just got down to sending the first half of payment to big D. Hell yes.

Old 2006-03-22, 16:08
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast

Awsome man, i'm sending my payment nextweek for my second RAN

Old 2006-03-22, 21:04
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast

Wicked stuff, welcome to the maple club!

What woods and construction methods you going for this time?

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:

Old 2006-03-22, 21:09
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Haha thanks man.

I went for a one piece maple neck bolted on to an alder body, I was going for a sort of "shredtastic" guitar that really sings!

Old 2006-03-23, 22:56
sqol
Post-whore

I asked D how many maple fretboards he's done, and he can only think of 2 in the last 3 years, and i've only seen one other Ran with one

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:

Old 2006-03-23, 23:24
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Sweet, we'll be part of the maple fretboard Ran club. I'll be the sole member of the one piece maple club as well.

Old 2006-03-26, 16:12
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

We'll im sending my specs off to D now to see how much it will cost then hopefully i'll send off my first payment next week or so, might be able to order two Rans if I'm really lucky....

Godammit i'm excited....

Ozz

Old 2006-03-28, 18:33
h4x5k8
Post-whore

So im finnaly gettin that hole put in my ran today.... hopefully at the end of the day ill have a nice little neck pup cavity in my baby. Ill take pics if anyone cares about seeing the job.

Old 2006-03-28, 22:08
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
I asked D how many maple fretboards he's done, and he can only think of 2 in the last 3 years, and i've only seen one other Ran with one

One must be that red-orangey strat I saw on that Ran guitars-worship site(floriandecher.de or something).

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2006-03-29, 15:29
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
So im finnaly gettin that hole put in my ran today.... hopefully at the end of the day ill have a nice little neck pup cavity in my baby. Ill take pics if anyone cares about seeing the job.

yes! please do. i would be really interested to see how it turns out!

i hope it goes all well!

Old 2006-03-29, 16:52
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
One must be that red-orangey strat I saw on that Ran guitars-worship site(floriandecher.de or something).

Yea

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:

Old 2006-03-29, 19:25
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Yea

Yeah damn, guess they're not so popular. I only like the look of maple fretboards on strats that don't have a dark paintjob, it just screams 80's shred, like Kramer guitars and shit. Otherwise it's a turn-off for me. That EMG85 in the bridge on that strat must not sound too great for shredding, which looks to be what that guitar was built for.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2006-03-29, 23:25
h4x5k8
Post-whore

www.adueinteriors.com/pics/ran/neck

There are the pics of the neck cavity. The routing template dariusz sent is a little bit bigger than the originial i have on there. Also the template was very thin and hard to work with, on the last pass of the router the templated broke out and a small notch was takin out of the corner. The lutherie felt real bad, but i expected shit to happen (as it does all the time, especially with my ran) he didnt wanna do anything without showing me first, but he explained how I could use some epoxy shit to patch it up and when its painted you'll never be able to tell. So im gonna let this epoxy dry over night, and paint the cavity tommarow.

The lutherie did a real nice job on filling the ebony cracks and filing the fret ends down, he gave me a pretty good deal on the job because he felt bad. Before i brought it in i thought this would all cost around $500 atleast, but he qouted me for $160, so I was pretty happy. But since he felt bad he only charged me $100 for the whole thing. I still gotta drill a hole from the cavity to the other cavity though for the wires. Thats gonna be a little bitch since its a neck through.

BTW this luthier went to Roberto-Venn in Phoenix, AZ. He was all in to good metal, but never heard of decapitated or behemoth, I hooked him up with a burnt cd and was all into it.

Old 2006-03-30, 08:00
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

This is why some people are funny about routing guitars for EMG 7 string pickups, because no matter how skilled and careful a good luthier can be, some accidents still happen. Wood being a natural substance chips and splits in different ways and router bits can be a bastard. The guy who is making my custom (I have been taking WIP photos) was doing the truss rod trench on my neck and the router bit split the wood at the end of the allen key cavity. He did nothing wrong, I was watching him do it, it's just the way it went. Nothing a little glue couldn't fix though.

Luckily your Ran is finished in Black, a pretty easy/common colour to fix, but for example, my new Ibanez 7 string is royal blue, a darkish, metallic blue and finding matching paint to fix a tiny area like that would be quite hard.

But back to the Ran, why have you decided you wanted a neck pup now? Have you just decided you can't live without it, or did you only order a bridge pickup originally to keep the cost down? (I'm guessing you did say so somewhere, but I guess it's a couple of pages back...)

Last edited by Deathmaster213 : 2006-03-30 at 08:01. Reason: typos...

Old 2006-03-30, 10:52
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

There are the pics of the neck cavity. The routing template dariusz sent is a little bit bigger than the originial i have on there. Also the template was very thin and hard to work with, on the last pass of the router the templated broke out and a small notch was takin out of the corner. The lutherie felt real bad, but i expected shit to happen (as it does all the time, especially with my ran) he didnt wanna do anything without showing me first, but he explained how I could use some epoxy shit to patch it up and when its painted you'll never be able to tell. So im gonna let this epoxy dry over night, and paint the cavity tommarow.

The lutherie did a real nice job on filling the ebony cracks and filing the fret ends down, he gave me a pretty good deal on the job because he felt bad. Before i brought it in i thought this would all cost around $500 atleast, but he qouted me for $160, so I was pretty happy. But since he felt bad he only charged me $100 for the whole thing. I still gotta drill a hole from the cavity to the other cavity though for the wires. Thats gonna be a little bitch since its a neck through.

BTW this luthier went to Roberto-Venn in Phoenix, AZ. He was all in to good metal, but never heard of decapitated or behemoth, I hooked him up with a burnt cd and was all into it.

I got the same finish on my ran and it looks beautiful in all the photos you take. I'm expecting pictures of mine around the 25th this month...(mine is a king V rather than a rhoads though)

Stop making me excited dammit

with my own time role your own innocence by
grab on to my sleeve the one that grabs at your ankle
debate to understand that we all have a flaw
then fail to represent your life as you know it
god grant you one wish to turn back the time... correct and create

me and my star
matthew good night
you know by law when you'll be forgiven
maria my star
matthew goodnight
you know my lord when you'll be forgiven

Old 2006-03-30, 15:14
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213
But back to the Ran, why have you decided you wanted a neck pup now? Have you just decided you can't live without it, or did you only order a bridge pickup originally to keep the cost down? (I'm guessing you did say so somewhere, but I guess it's a couple of pages back...)

Yea I did explain it a couple thousand posts back haha. But when I first got my ran I was all fanboi alexi and vogg, they only had one pup on there guitars, so I only got one. While my ran was being made (and pretty much right when i got it) I relized how much neck pickups kick ass, and that I was a dumb ass not to get one. It has nothing to do with cost or anything, it was just an ignorant mistake on my part. Sweeping, Cleans, and some solos just dont do it for me on a bridge pup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfmastTrousers
I got the same finish on my ran and it looks beautiful in all the photos you take. I'm expecting pictures of mine around the 25th this month...(mine is a king V rather than a rhoads though)

Stop making me excited dammit

haha, nope, there willl be more pictures!!! muhaha

Last edited by h4x5k8 : 2006-03-30 at 15:19.

Old 2006-03-30, 22:02
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Yeah, the majority of the stuff I play is on the bridge, but a good couple of our songs have leads where the neck is the best for it(or parts of it anyway, I always loved watching Murray, Smith and Malmsteen flicking that switch about 5 times in a solo for the best sound), so gotta have it.

Old 2006-03-31, 02:36
h4x5k8
Post-whore

updates
more pics there

Old 2006-04-01, 14:57
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

You know you could put some pickup rings on your Ran and you would never notice that nick.

Old 2006-04-01, 23:52
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Yep, already doin that

I got a Dimarzio Tone zone for the bridge, and an SD '59 for the neck. But the 59 had huge mounts on it and stood above the fretboard, so I returned it and ordered a gibson 496r ceramic (nice neck pup) Hopfully that doesnt stick above the fretboard. The rings I got are all nice, a really small one for the front and a normal one for the back.

Old 2006-04-02, 04:57
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Yep, already doin that

I got a Dimarzio Tone zone for the bridge, and an SD '59 for the neck. But the 59 had huge mounts on it and stood above the fretboard, so I returned it and ordered a gibson 496r ceramic (nice neck pup) Hopfully that doesnt stick above the fretboard. The rings I got are all nice, a really small one for the front and a normal one for the back.

awesome! post pics when your done!

Old 2006-04-02, 06:14
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Yeah, I've really been wondering how my Ran would look with pup rings. I found a dude online that custom makes them for any pickup you have. I was thinking about getting them just for the looks while still having the pups mounted to the body. Basically rings without the pups mounted to them. The rings would only be for looks.

Old 2006-04-02, 06:22
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Yep, already doin that

That's a really versatile combo. I think that's the same setup that Mauser from Vader has in his Dean Cadillac. I've only played a TZ in my previous Ironbird and it was great, and a 59 in my friend's Schecter and LP.

That modding you did. God damn u gotta have balls to do that to a Ran. Came out really well, nice job. What's the condom in a ziplock bag for? You looked pretty pissed during the routing haha.

Last edited by Soeru : 2006-04-02 at 06:28.

Old 2006-04-02, 16:32
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

According to D, y'all get to see pics of my Ran last week of april.

And I get it May 21 when my polish friend comes over with it.

Maybe i'll post some pics of me rocking out with my band with it

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-04-02, 22:24
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
That's a really versatile combo. I think that's the same setup that Mauser from Vader has in his Dean Cadillac. I've only played a TZ in my previous Ironbird and it was great, and a 59 in my friend's Schecter and LP.

That modding you did. God damn u gotta have balls to do that to a Ran. Came out really well, nice job. What's the condom in a ziplock bag for? You looked pretty pissed during the routing haha.

Thats not a condom haha, thats the epoxy I used to fill the nick. Yea I was very sketch about doing all that to my ran haha. BTW that dude painting with squirl shirt isnt me, thats my co-worker.

Old 2006-04-06, 12:52
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

Ill be sending off my first deposit this week hopefully I will wait for dariusz to get back on an inlay idea I had....

Can't wait!

Ozz

Old 2006-04-06, 21:00
Turbo Rico
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Ill be sending off my first deposit this week hopefully I will wait for dariusz to get back on an inlay idea I had....

Can't wait!

Ozz

Just 6 months to go...

Old 2006-04-06, 21:10
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Yup my waits started too, at least I already have a RAN to keep me happy for now.

Old 2006-04-07, 01:44
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

1/2 month til i see it, 1 month after that til i get it.

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-04-07, 19:22
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

I did have some problems with my original inlay idea but it seems darriusz adn I have come to an agreement, I will have a certain type skull going from 1-9 then dots I might also get the same style skull graphic going on the body underneath the bridge aswell...

Also who has had their ran shipped without a case? I was wondering if It was too risky to do this, as I've just bought a gator case that fits super strats, and love it....

Ozz

Last edited by Ozzuk : 2006-04-07 at 22:24.

Old 2006-04-08, 08:25
Turbo Rico
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
I did have some problems with my original inlay idea but it seems darriusz adn I have come to an agreement, I will have a certain type skull going from 1-9 then dots I might also get the same style skull graphic going on the body underneath the bridge aswell...

Also who has had their ran shipped without a case? I was wondering if It was too risky to do this, as I've just bought a gator case that fits super strats, and love it....

Ozz

I wouldnŽt do that. Just to be on the safe side. ItŽs worth the 70 extra euro to have it shipped safely.

Old 2006-04-09, 18:55
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

Yeah I think i'll do that I wouldnt wan't to wait 6 months only ot have to send it back to get the neck fixed, it's a waste of time for me and Ran.

I have sorted out te inlay thign with D, i'm also getting dots aswell and a graphic on the body beneath the trem and behind the control's...

Just emailed D to tell him to add case and ask him stuff...

Ozz

Old 2006-04-14, 04:34
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

I get pictures sometime after tuesday!!!!!! wheee

If he sends them on Wednesday (my birthday) that'd rule.

EDIT: does Dariusz put some kind of "this guitar owned by/made for" warranty card in with his guitars when you get 'em? Cause i've been using my brother's email to talk to him (mine didnt work for some reason the first time) and i really dont want it in his name >_>

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Last edited by HalfmastTrousers : 2006-04-14 at 04:41.

Old 2006-04-14, 19:42
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

The Card thing I got came in Polish lol it was kinda like a coa but I could be dead wrong, I don't understand the language...

I'm half tempted to chang my mind and get abolt on maple boarded shredder....

Hmm i've aslked D about the price but I think I should stick to my original idea...

look foreward to the pics!

Ozz

Old 2006-04-15, 02:02
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
The Card thing I got came in Polish lol it was kinda like a coa but I could be dead wrong, I don't understand the language...

I'm half tempted to chang my mind and get abolt on maple boarded shredder....

Hmm i've aslked D about the price but I think I should stick to my original idea...

look foreward to the pics!

Ozz

Meh then it's not big deal, even though Polish is my second language (\m/). i'm thinking about getting a second Ran....superstrat style >_>

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-04-15, 04:28
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

That paper work you got in Polish is the warranty, but I'll be damned if I ever let my Ran leave my sight again.

Old 2006-04-16, 06:16
TheTriumpH
New Blood

Hey everyone. I just registered here because of this thread.
I heard about Ran a while back and now that i've gone through this whole thread i'm convinced.
I've already started talking to D about my guitar and man it's gonna rock!

I have not decided on bridge yet, I was going to go with Floyd Rose original but i've heard a lot about kahler lately tho I can't seem to find an official site or any real info about them. Any pointers?

Anyway great to be here with you guys and I gotta say i'm really impressed about how great your affection to Ran Guitars is. Impressive.

Hope i'll join the group of Ran owners later this year then
I wish, I wish he'd go away"

Last edited by TheTriumpH : 2006-04-16 at 06:19.

Old 2006-04-16, 06:27
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTriumpH
Hey everyone. I just registered here because of this thread.
I heard about Ran a while back and now that i've gone through this whole thread i'm convinced.
I've already started talking to D about my guitar and man it's gonna rock!

I have not decided on bridge yet, I was going to go with Floyd Rose original but i've heard a lot about kahler lately tho I can't seem to find an official site or any real info about them. Any pointers?

Anyway great to be here with you guys and I gotta say i'm really impressed about how great your affection to Ran Guitars is. Impressive.

Hope i'll join the group of Ran owners later this year then

Welcome to Metaltabs This should help you with your Kahler bridge questions. I'm the only Ran owner with a Kahler that I know of so far. Big D did a perfect job on installing it on mine with only the little info I could provide him. I bought the bridge first without knowing what guitar I would have it put on. Once I found Ran guitars I mailed the bridge to them ( <$20 fully insured to Poland from the USA ).

Old 2006-04-16, 08:02
TheTriumpH
New Blood

That's cool man thanks, i'll check it out. I live in sweden so shipping to/from Poland is not very expensive

I have my guitar all planned out now. Only trouble is I don't know exactly what type of finnish to go with. Do you have any idea where I can compare different finnishes with each other?

Last edited by TheTriumpH : 2006-04-16 at 08:12.

Old 2006-04-16, 08:33
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I can tell you that the satin finishes Ran does feel very smooth and clean. Ran satin finishes are also very durable and look sharp.

The gloss finishes also looks super sharp, but gloss finish has always felt sticky to me.

Edit: Also if you find a finish you must have, Ran will do all within their power to give it to you.

I've got a few secret paint jobs I would like to see on my future Rans.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2006-04-16 at 08:39.

Old 2006-04-16, 09:40
TheTriumpH
New Blood

I've just mailed my wishes of paint for my guitar to Ran. I really hope he understands what I mean.
If they pull this off this will be the coolest guitar ever

Old 2006-04-16, 14:23
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

My next Ran might be a crazy RG type and i'm trying to decide what finish becaue I already have enough black guitars >_< Hell my Ran is ALL FUCKING BLACK (even the goddamn binding!!...although I did that to make it seem a little different since everyone gets white binding) except for the pinstripes on the bevels which make it all cool again

There's an RG at a store relatively near my house for $100 though that has everything i want (HSH, fretboard binding, cool inlays, floyd, 24 fret, I believe it's the 270) so that might hold off my RG Ran GAS for a while

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-04-20, 19:19
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
My next Ran might be a crazy RG type and i'm trying to decide what finish becaue I already have enough black guitars >_< Hell my Ran is ALL FUCKING BLACK (even the goddamn binding!!...although I did that to make it seem a little different since everyone gets white binding) except for the pinstripes on the bevels which make it all cool again

There's an RG at a store relatively near my house for $100 though that has everything i want (HSH, fretboard binding, cool inlays, floyd, 24 fret, I believe it's the 270) so that might hold off my RG Ran GAS for a while

halfmast trousers, you got your pictures yet?

Old 2006-04-20, 19:44
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
halfmast trousers, you got your pictures yet?

Nooooooooooooooo D said at the end of the week so you get them tommorow or saturday.

I'm more crushed than you are, trust me :P

EDIT: Sent my payment today and an email to D. Since my guitar is shipping April 24 i should get pics tommorow....hopefully (Stop teasing me dammit )

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Last edited by HalfmastTrousers : 2006-04-21 at 22:14.

Old 2006-04-23, 15:24
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-04-23, 17:31
m3talhead666
Senior Metalhead

congrats man!!! Have fun and play the fuck out of it!

Old 2006-04-23, 22:51
HermanRi!
Post-whore

o, m, f, g!

that is toooooo sweet, i fucking love it!
thats just too good

i think the pinstripes look awesome, i always thought they would look better on an invader shape instead of an rr shape.

thats too fucking nice!
your going to have some killer sustain on that fucker!!!

i bet you cant wait to get your hands on it!

btw, share the specs dude , ino you probably did earlier, but just post again coz im lazy to look through the entire thread!

edit: when did you order?

Old 2006-04-23, 22:57
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
o, m, f, g!

that is toooooo sweet, i fucking love it!
thats just too good

i think the pinstripes look awesome, i always thought they would look better on an invader shape instead of an rr shape.

thats too fucking nice!
your going to have some killer sustain on that fucker!!!

i bet you cant wait to get your hands on it!

btw, share the specs dude , ino you probably did earlier, but just post again coz im lazy to look through the entire thread!

edit: when did you order?

Thanks

I ordered this on the 30th of November.

Specs are:

Body: Invader, Mahogany
Neck: Maple w/ Ebony Fretboard, 24 Standard Frets, Diamond Inlays
Nut: Bone, 1 5/8
Pickups: Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Neck Through Construction
Gloss Black w/ White Pinstripes, painted neck and headstock

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-04-24, 03:13
HERETIC23
New Blood

Congradulations! thats probably one of, if not THE nicest RAN I have seen yet. Enjoy!

Old 2006-04-24, 03:36
Soeru
Post-whore

Holy fuck man! This is one of the best... if not THE best Ran anyone has posted in this thread before(sorry guys), you've got some major fuckin taste! None of that RR crap(I hate RR's but love V's).

I want an Invader too, but with Dimarzio pickups and a Floyd rose. Still, fuckin A' man! With that choice of woods, bridge, and pickups, it will sustain, sound and play like a motherfucker. Look at the action on the 1st fret!!!!

Old 2006-04-25, 19:57
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

I just got a custom quote from Dariusz and it costs 1380 euros, which is equal to 1,715.83 USD. Amazing price. I'm still not sure of certain aspects like the shape and whether or not i want 1 tone and 1 volume or 2 tone and 2 volume and whether or not to include a kill switch. Any thoughts on this would be hepful.
Dariusz explained to me that a kill switch is an on/off switch. Does this refer to the pickups, so the kill switch turns both pickups on and off?

Well here's the email:

Hi Michael,
the Avenger guitar in your specification will cost 1380 euros.

Is the Schaller Locking Floyd Rose Trem the same thing as an Original Floyd Rose Trem?************they are almost the same, the Schaller FR has more improvements...an original FR is also made by Schaller

I would like to have a Dimarzio X2N in the bridge position and a Dimarzio PAF Pro in the neck position. ****************no problem

The company of my guitar said that the size of my frets are 2.7mm.

What size are your standard, medium and extra jumbo frets? ***********we use Dunlop frets: 6000, 6100, 6105, 6110, 6130, 6150 and 6230

What material are your frets made of? **************worldwide standard - 18% nickiel/ silver alloy

Would having stainless steel frets be a good idea? ***************the stainless is very hard and makes the sound brassy and too bright

What materials are your inlays made of? **************MOP

The guitar is set up to have a set of 13 guage strings tuned to standard tuning, but also must be able to be tuned down the G#. *************no problem

What does a "killswitch" do?**********it`s regular on/off switch

Best regards
Dariusz Kuczynski

R or L Handed- right handed
Body Shape- Avenger
Construction - neck thru
Body Material - mahogany
Top Wood Options - N/A
Body Binding- no
Binding Color - N/A
Pickup Configuration- HUM-HUM
Finish- black satin
Headstock Shape - Avenger
Neck Material - maple
Reverse - no
Headstock Finish- match body finish
Neck Finish- clear satin
Fingerboard - ebony
Number of Frets - 24
Fret Size - standard
Fingerboard Inlays -sharkfins
Custom Inlays - no
Fingerboard End - square
Fingerboard Binding-yes
Headstock Binding - no
Binding Color-black
Nut - locking
Width - 1 5/8''
Hardware Color - black
Bridge System - Schaller Locking Floyd Rose Tremolo
Tuning Machines - Schaller M6
Pickups - see below
Pickup Model -see below
Control Knobs -2 x volume + 2 x tone
Pickup Selector-3-way toggle
Hard Case - yes

Thanks for your time and the info.
-Michael

Old 2006-04-25, 20:03
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Hey does anyone know how much a 7 string Thuder (Ironbird shape) with EMGs and Reverge Headstock and Floyd Rose would coast? Like rough estimate.

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2006-04-25, 20:13
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Couldn't you just email Dariusz to find out?

Old 2006-04-25, 21:08
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

A Killswitch basically cuts the sound from the guitar off COMPLETELY...good idea if you have shitloads of problems with feedback/hiss between songs or something.

Or if you turn it on and off real fast you get a tremolo effect.

That's a good price for that kinda guitar. Although I dont like the BC Rich Warlock shape myself (or Ran's "Avenger") I'm sure you'll love it!!

Hell i'm sure there's a few of you who dont like my Ran.

God I can't wait for it.

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-04-26, 00:10
Niro5150
Metalhead

I tried my best to read through all 149 pages , but i couldn't even get to the 50th one , despite how interesting this is. My primary question was :whats the difference between the satin,metallic and normal black finishes?

Old 2006-04-26, 00:47
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

Satin is kinda like a matt finish, Metallic gives you, well a metal effect in the paint, "normal" finishes are gloss so shiny.

Old 2006-04-26, 00:50
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

I tell you this much. My next Ran is gonna blow you whores away.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2006-04-26, 05:33
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
I tell you this much. My next Ran is gonna blow you whores away.

pshhhh! whatever man, i'l tell you now, my black rg with white binding ran will be the be all, end all. ebony fretboard, bound neck, ibanez lopro bridge, emgs, mahogany neckthru, maple and bubinga neck...shiiiiiiiiiiiit!
thats all there is to say about it!

Old 2006-04-26, 06:06
*insert name here*
Jono

Sounds like a Slipknot Sig.Not to stir shit.

Old 2006-04-26, 10:13
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

I doubt you can top mine >_>

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-04-27, 04:57
HYPOCRISY 666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
I doubt you can top mine >_>

Do you have any pics of your? It sounds like it kick some major ass....

Old 2006-04-27, 09:47
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Look about 15 posts up....

Old 2006-04-28, 16:12
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Just put down the money for my second today.......the waiting game begins once more.

Old 2006-04-28, 16:30
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Quote:
pshhhh! whatever man, i'l tell you now, my black rg with white binding ran will be the be all, end all. ebony fretboard, bound neck, ibanez lopro bridge, emgs, mahogany neckthru, maple and bubinga neck...shiiiiiiiiiiiit!
thats all there is to say about it!

sounds like an ibanez to me...

just you wait.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2006-04-28, 16:34
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
sounds like an ibanez to me...

just you wait.

nothing has come close to what ive just ordered man. Even though its a rhoads you will all be owned

Old 2006-04-28, 17:51
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

it's not a competition guys!

And there is nothing wrong with Rhodes!

Old 2006-04-28, 18:08
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213
And there is nothing wrong with Rhodes!

Old 2006-04-30, 01:52
Shreddist
Supreme Metalhead

Hey, i was looking at getting a ran, they seem nice, i was wondering if anyone had one i could try out that lived by me, (Columbus ohio) Or a place i could try them out at?

Old 2006-04-30, 01:57
guitar_demon
MotörCat

a place you could try them out at? that wont happen. to my best knowlege ran doesnt have 'distributers' or places that carry them besides their own shops so your down to trying someone else out
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2006-04-30, 07:23
m3talhead666
Senior Metalhead

Unless someone sold it to a pawn shop

Old 2006-05-01, 17:12
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Jeff waters is bringing out some RAN models apparently, he's now endoresed! how cool Jeffs RAN \m/

Old 2006-05-01, 17:51
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

:O RAN ENDORESEMENTS!! GO dariusz!!

Where'd you see it?

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-05-01, 18:09
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

on the band forums

Last edited by Art-Of-Shredding : 2006-05-01 at 18:15.

Old 2006-05-01, 18:18
m3talhead666
Senior Metalhead

oh fuck, that means ran is gonna become recognized around the world. that means prices go up

Old 2006-05-01, 18:24
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3talhead666
oh fuck, that means ran is gonna become recognized around the world. that means prices go up

Yep.

Old 2006-05-01, 18:26
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

not necessarily. Keep in mind Vader and Decapitated used Ran and they were more famous than annhilator i believe.

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-05-01, 19:06
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
not necessarily. Keep in mind Vader and Decapitated used Ran and they were more famous than annhilator i believe.

ummm no mate.

prices will go up id imagine, good job ive just ordered my 2nd one

Old 2006-05-02, 04:02
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Water who?

Old 2006-05-02, 10:41
metal_monkey
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-Of-Shredding
ummm no mate.

prices will go up id imagine, good job ive just ordered my 2nd one

you can't say mate because your not Australian

Youve made me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Metal Monkey: retarded comments galore.

RIP this guy

Old 2006-05-02, 12:39
m3talhead666
Senior Metalhead

he's in the uk, trust me they use 'mate' just as much as the aussies.

Yea but if more and more bands get endorsed with ran prices definately are gonna go up

Old 2006-05-02, 18:35
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Hi Jonathan,
no problem...we received the funds today...in two weeks, we will start the building process.

Right, Jeff plays Ran now...I will place some info about our colaboration on our new web site...soon.

Dariusz Kuczynski

alright I cant wait to see how my new one turns out.

Old 2006-05-02, 19:59
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

New web site? awesome. that means enhancements and maybe other updates on the Ran business.

lol maybe he'll put up a gallery of custom shops.

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-05-03, 03:09
angelsdontkill
New Blood

I'm thinking about getting a Ran, but I have a few questions.

One being about customs... How much on average does it cost to get one shipped from Poland to the US? Is it a pain in the ass?

And the other just being about the guitar itself. I'm not sure if I should get a neck thru or an all access neck. I'm thinking neck thru, but I'm assuming they'll be more expensive...is it all that much more/worth it? I'd like whatever plays faster/easier...money is kind of an issue, but then again I think you pay half first then half when the guitars done, right?

Old 2006-05-03, 10:17
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

A good AANJ is almost the same as a neck-thru heel in terms of access. The AANJ doesn't hinder access or anything, but you do feel it's there, whereas a neck-thru joint doesn't usually hit the palm of your hand at all (depending on how far back it was carved of course).

Some argue that you get increased sustain from a neck-thru construction. I personally don't see how a well made bolt-on would have decreased sustain.

Some also worry about having to replace the neck if they are clumsy enough to snap it or let it warp or something. Bolt on will let you, whereas neck-thru won't, but I think it's easy enough not to damage your guitar like that!

Old 2006-05-05, 16:31
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Woot, got my ran back. I needed to have the pup cavity routed further because the neck pup brackets on the 496r are too long. All i have to do is paint it and solder everything, string it up, set it up and im done.

Old 2006-05-05, 19:57
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Woot, got my ran back. I needed to have the pup cavity routed further because the neck pup brackets on the 496r are too long. All i have to do is paint it and solder everything, string it up, set it up and im done.

cool, post pics when your done

Old 2006-05-07, 13:32
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

I may be lucky enough to order another Ran, a bolt on superstrat with maple board....

waiting for D to get back to me on the Price....

Ozz

Old 2006-05-07, 17:10
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
I may be lucky enough to order another Ran, a bolt on superstrat with maple board....

waiting for D to get back to me on the Price....

Ozz

I was thinking about the same thing except with rosewood or ebony board.

This is after i decide between a PODxt Live or a Dean '79 Z though.

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-05-07, 19:44
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
I was thinking about the same thing except with rosewood or ebony board.

This is after i decide between a PODxt Live or a Dean '79 Z though.

get a pod xt, whats the point of getting a dean when you will soon be getting another CUSTOM guitar. that dean will most likely gather dust once you get your first and then second ran

pod xt's are awesome

Old 2006-05-07, 21:06
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
get a pod xt, whats the point of getting a dean when you will soon be getting another CUSTOM guitar. that dean will most likely gather dust once you get your first and then second ran

pod xt's are awesome

I want the floorboard (live) xt so i can use it at gigs as a backup preamp/for effects/as a volume pedal too. Maybe even in stereo with my engl.

I want the Dean because i have major Explorer GAS, and my dad recently bought himself a Dean Hardtail that wasnt bad at all. pickups sucked though, so the xt is kinda winning right now since it can do shitloads of stuff + can be my "practice amp" of sorts.

And the custom Ran superstrat is competing with a Caparison Dellinger, Jackson SL-1 With Skulls or Lightning Sky graphic, or an Ibanez RG. depending on which i can get for what money (i like RG necks but so few of them come with bound fretboards+sharkfin style inlays)

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-05-14, 17:27
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

Right now, there's a GC in the United States with a custom Ran owned by our friend IHave27Frets

currently trying to weedle the store location out of him...

me and my star
matthew good night
maria my star
matthew goodnight

Old 2006-05-14, 20:37
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

He got a Ran and sold it to GC I seen his bands video on Headbangers ball last night. I would have used it in the video myself.