MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2005-08-09, 23:00
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
Rans are the cheapest completly custom shop guitar available on the market for their quality.

And thats why we like 'em. Sure there may be other guitars which are just as good and cheaper. They come off a fucking production line. RAN can make you a guitar nobody in the world has/will have. Or you can modify your favourite shape to your standards, so its a guitar that plays well for your style.

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2005-08-09, 23:03
madtrixcerenzia
Senior Metalhead

There are over 2000 replys, how can anyone keep up with that?

And i understand i might have been a little weird the way i went about my opinion at first saying they 'own' them, but i swear i didnt just do it to make people mad. And thats not true either, Carvin's are definately cheaper and custom, and i think they would be a better guitar. And yes i havent played these Rans, but i am pretty good about just reading in depth on a guitar, as alot of people would be, and know if you would like it or not. I would not like these guitars as much as the others for many reasons, and they may seem cheap to you, but to me they seem like alot.

Old 2005-08-09, 23:04
madtrixcerenzia
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan
And thats why we like 'em. Sure there may be other guitars which are just as good and cheaper. They come off a fucking production line. RAN can make you a guitar nobody in the world has/will have. Or you can modify your favourite shape to your standards, so its a guitar that plays well for your style.

Carvin?

Old 2005-08-09, 23:07
YJM04
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrixcerenzia
Carvin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
ibut i wouldnt get any help at a slipknot board, theyre struggling with palm muting!

Old 2005-08-09, 23:10
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:

And i understand i might have been a little weird the way i went about my opinion at first saying they 'own' them, but i swear i didnt just do it to make people mad. And thats not true either, Carvin's are definately cheaper and custom, and i think they would be a better guitar. And yes i havent played these Rans, but i am pretty good about just reading in depth on a guitar, as alot of people would be, and know if you would like it or not. I would not like these guitars as much as the others for many reasons, and they may seem cheap to you, but to me they seem like alot.

Well this is about the only place where you can find out just about anything on rans, and your saying the 2000 posts are hard to keep up with when you also say your good at looking in depth into guitars. Take in mind in the UK where the pound is stronger than the euro you can get rans for around 700 pounds, thats fuckin cheap. But i know you probably dont live in the UK like me, but I think there a good deal so ill get them. There privatly owned, and run by a couple people, so the customer support is excellent, and the quality very good. Ill check the carvin shop out.

Old 2005-08-09, 23:14
madtrixcerenzia
Senior Metalhead

700 lbs is about what, sorry if i am wrong but im close i think, 1200 US dollars? i could seriously get a top of the line Carvin for about a little under $1000 which i think is about 600 lbs, and there are plenty of Carvin's that are even cheaper that are just as good.

Old 2005-08-09, 23:20
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
700 lbs is about what, sorry if i am wrong but im close i think, 1200 US dollars? i could seriously get a top of the line Carvin for about a little under $1000 which i think is about 600 lbs, and there are plenty of Carvin's that are even cheaper that are just as good.

Yea but if you lived in the uk would the amount of work you would have to do to make 700 pounds would be equivilant to the amount of work you would have to do in the us to make $700.00 if im not mistaken. Plus dont blame ran for being expensive to the US consumer, its our governments fault for wagin war and all the other political bullshit that made our currency so weak. We used to be stronger than the euro, so when the euro first came out you could get a ran for around 700-800 bucks, now that our shit is weaker it costs 400 dollars more.

Old 2005-08-09, 23:21
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:

yea, they may have a cheap custom shop but can you get great patented shaped guitars? you could not get a carvin warlock, rg, ironbird with matching headstocks?
you can with ran but not with carvin.

thats all i need to say

Quote:
700 lbs

you sir, are retarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJM04
ran's are ok. i've played much better/cheaper though.

cool, have you played a ran before? if so where and whos was it?

Old 2005-08-09, 23:26
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
yea, they may have a cheap custom shop but can you get great patented shaped guitars? you could not get a carvin warlock, rg, ironbird with matching headstocks?
you can with ran but not with carvin.

thats all i need to say

Good point

Old 2005-08-10, 01:33
madtrixcerenzia
Senior Metalhead

'700 lbs' sorry, obviously a stupid mistake. I was just talking to myself and i said pounds. I dont think that makes me retarded though. does it?

Old 2005-08-10, 02:47
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Also keep in mind Ran guitars are hand made and not CNC routed. They might cost a bit more then some other guitars but the quality attention to detail and the fact it is custom made to your specs can't be matched by any other company for the price. They play better then any guitar I've tried or owned. Well, at least mine does

I believe that is why they are great.

Old 2005-08-10, 05:49
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
'700 lbs' sorry, obviously a stupid mistake. I was just talking to myself and i said pounds. I dont think that makes me retarded though. does it?

its cool man, i was just messin with ya

neways, about carvin's, they look cool, they look classy and im sure theyre very fine guitars...but, in my opinion theyre not exactly aesthetically pleasing when it comes to metal. im sure they have their place in music, but not in metal, thats just my opinion. im not going to want to go playing heavy shit on a guitar that looks like its meant to be used for rock, blues or whatever. its just like how i think les pauls should not be used for metal either.
but at the end of the day, i guess it comes down to personal opinion.

but im in no way saying that those carvins are crap, im probably going to end up getting a guitar similar to carvin later, but that will be loads of years from now, my taste will probably have matured and i may decide to branch out in to diffrent genres of music.
but right now, my taste is saying, go for a black custom ran RG with white binding and emgs.

sorry if this post is a bit fucked, its like 7am and i aint gone to bed yet, sooooo im pretty tired...look im still ranting...

Last edited by User01 : 2005-08-10 at 06:02.

Old 2005-08-10, 16:42
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

Actually Carvin don't havea custom shop as such, they offer custom options and all the Guitars are CNC not that thats a bad thing also thier shapes are fairly conservative.

It's quite obvious you came in here to start shit, if you have never played a Ran I highly doubt you should open your mouth about them, and youre a complete idiot if you think a $600 dollar Scheter is anyway close to comparable to a $2000 custom handmade guitar....

Scheters are good but they arent as good as a custom guitar, Scheter don't have half the options you can get with Ran, neither do carvin Carvin only offer dots blocks or no inlay's, Ran will make you pretty mcuh anything within reason...

Comparing the three without having played any Ran's is stupid at best...

Try getting a Custom ESP, Jackson, or BC Rich for the same price as a Ran even the US guys don't have to pay $3000 for a custom.......

I honestly hope you never get anything better than Scheter or Carvin, cause you dont deserve anything nicer than a $200 BCR bronze series guitar....

D said I will get my pics next week looking foreward to seeing my guitar at last...

Ozz

Old 2005-08-10, 16:55
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Ozz, did he mail you to tell you it was ready or did you mail him?

Old 2005-08-10, 17:01
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Yea I was checking carvin out, there custom shop bullshit is a crock, its not custom at all, its just options.

Old 2005-08-10, 18:47
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Hi Jonathan,
Your guitar is ready to dispatch.
It should be shipping out next week....please send us the second half of the payment.

Best regards
Dariusz Kuczynski

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2005-08-10, 19:32
Henkkiz
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-Of-Shredding
Hi Jonathan,
Your guitar is ready to dispatch.
It should be shipping out next week....please send us the second half of the payment.

Best regards
Dariusz Kuczynski

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, I wish I had a timemachine so I could get mine.

Old 2005-08-10, 19:36
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkkiz
Damn, I wish I had a timemachine so I could get mine.

Damn, I wish I had the money to get one.

Old 2005-08-10, 19:49
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Well i've asked him for some pics so we'll see what hen says, damn I cant wait as hennkiz probably already knows

Old 2005-08-10, 21:39
HermanRi!
Post-whore

man i cant wait to see pics of your ran art-of-shredding

Old 2005-08-11, 10:42
Henkkiz
New Blood

Quote:
man i cant wait to see pics of your ran art-of-shredding

Yeah, I love yellow bevels and I really want to see the scythe inlays.

Old 2005-08-11, 11:30
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

I emailed him as he said it would be ready around the end of this week, he told me they would ship it next tuesday which is cool I hopefully will get it saturday...

He will send pics to me monday i guess as thats when he normally does them when he takes them home to ship them, It was two hours I should leave it in the Case right to allow it to aclimatise, allthough im guessing the brittish Polish weather are similar this time of year....

Ozz

Old 2005-08-11, 14:47
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzuk
I emailed him as he said it would be ready around the end of this week, he told me they would ship it next tuesday which is cool I hopefully will get it saturday...

He will send pics to me monday i guess as thats when he normally does them when he takes them home to ship them, It was two hours I should leave it in the Case right to allow it to aclimatise, allthough im guessing the brittish Polish weather are similar this time of year....

Ozz

i dont think theres any point of leaving the guitar in the case for 2 hour so that it can aclimatise. im sure its gonna spend more than two hours in the uk during transit, so im sure it would be pretty safe to open it straight away, ino i would...especially if i've been waiting a long time for it

Old 2005-08-11, 16:22
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Ok im getting pics next week and as long as the bank doesnt piss about I should have it mid week

Old 2005-08-11, 19:34
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Ok im getting pics next week and as long as the bank doesnt piss about I should have it mid week

sweet as!
did he say what day your getting the pics?

Old 2005-08-11, 19:47
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

nah, but i'd assume somewhere between tuesday and thursday.

Old 2005-08-11, 22:22
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Quote:
It was two hours I should leave it in the Case right to allow it to aclimatise, allthough im guessing the brittish Polish weather are similar this time of year....

Ozz

And you are saying you could honestly let your Custom Ran sit there for two hours when it arrived...

I praise you, Patience God.

Quote:
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2005-08-11, 23:03
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
And you are saying you could honestly let your Custom Ran sit there for two hours when it arrived...

I praise you, Patience God.

lol, ino, i would never be able to do that!

btw, Snitchy's left handed ran invader (white with black bevels) went for only £400!!!!!

i only just remebered that he put his ran up on ebay so i checked it and it went for £400.

that winner is a lucky bastard

Old 2005-08-11, 23:05
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
lol, ino, i would never be able to do that!

btw, Snitchy's left handed ran invader (white with black bevels) went for only £400!!!!!

i only just remebered that he put his ran up on ebay so i checked it and it went for £400.

that winner is a lucky bastard

why the fuck did he sell it god damnit, didnt he have like 2 more coming?

Old 2005-08-12, 01:02
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Yup, but he said he really needed the money fast. I would rather sell my soul first though.

Old 2005-08-12, 01:20
YJM04
Post-whore

Quote:
cool, have you played a ran before? if so where and whos was it?

it was this rich kid i suggest he tryed it, and he was a big rhoads fan so he bought a flying v. it seemed nice, but the only huge turn down was that it only had one knob. the emgs were ok, but it didnt sound as clean as a humbucker from hell. i got a good deal on a JS30 the dinky looking model for about 200 and im trying to set it up, right now i have a humbucker from hell(neck). and im trying to decide which pickup i should put on the bridge.. im probably gonna get a emg or evo. cuz HH is great for classical,shred,blues.with an emg that would change the sound alot tell me what u think i should get. im thinking about a 89 or 85

Quote:
ibut i wouldnt get any help at a slipknot board, theyre struggling with palm muting!

Old 2005-08-12, 04:31
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
it was this rich kid i suggest he tryed it, and he was a big rhoads fan so he bought a flying v. it seemed nice, but the only huge turn down was that it only had one knob. the emgs were ok, but it didnt sound as clean as a humbucker from hell. i got a good deal on a JS30 the dinky looking model for about 200 and im trying to set it up, right now i have a humbucker from hell(neck). and im trying to decide which pickup i should put on the bridge.. im probably gonna get a emg or evo. cuz HH is great for classical,shred,blues.with an emg that would change the sound alot tell me what u think i should get. im thinking about a 89 or 85

well thats an easy one, get the 89
its pretty much an 85 with coil tap ability
so with switch on you have an EMG-SA with the switch off you have and EMG-85...simple yet effective, go for an 89 if your gonna get an emg

Old 2005-08-12, 14:07
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Yup, but he said he really needed the money fast. I would rather sell my soul first though.

Sell your Soul...... your INSANE SOUL MUAHAHAHAHAHHAA

Old 2005-08-12, 14:31
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Right, it may not be worth much.

Old 2005-08-12, 17:39
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

Hhaha Patience God well i'm getting stupidly excited about it now, all I have to do is plan my next Ran possibly a 7 string, and get an amp around christmas.

ozz

Old 2005-08-12, 22:54
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Hhaha Patience God well i'm getting stupidly excited about it now, all I have to do is plan my next Ran possibly a 7 string, and get an amp around christmas.

ozz

what shape is the ran your getting now?

Old 2005-08-12, 23:41
YJM04
Post-whore

Quote:
well thats an easy one, get the 89
its pretty much an 85 with coil tap ability
so with switch on you have an EMG-SA with the switch off you have and EMG-85...simple yet effective, go for an 89 if your gonna get an emg

i wish i had more cash though. thanks for the advice . how versital is an 89. like what style is it good for

Quote:

Old 2005-08-13, 00:00
Snitchy
New Blood

re

Yea, £400 was a bit of a shit price but I'm cool with it. The winner is actually a friend of mine, well we've become friends as we have bought and sold stuff to each other over ebay for a few years.

He's a right handed guitar teacher and bought it for a back up for when he teaches lefties, he's also a bit of a Ran fan so he has it for collection purposes.

Good thing is that I can have it back when ever I want for what I paid for it!

h4x5k8, I came across something that I wanted to buy that played better than my Ran, that's fair isn't it? Ran are fucking awesome, yes, I have another one coming. I'm left handed, I can't go into a shop and play loads of stuff to find out what works for me. I have to figure that out by buying and selling guitars. It fucking sucks and sometimes money is lost, but sometimes money is made. I'm just on the quest man, I've found 'MY' amp (ENGL Powerball) I'm just trying to find 'MY' guitar(s)

Last edited by Snitchy : 2005-08-13 at 00:05.

Old 2005-08-13, 00:34
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snitchy
Good thing is that I can have it back when ever I want for what I paid for it!

sweet, fucking awesome dude, thats alright, as long as it doesnt go to some loser fat kid limp bizkit fan. its good that you can get it back whenever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snitchy
h4x5k8, I came across something that I wanted to buy that played better than my Ran, that's fair isn't it? Ran are fucking awesome, yes, I have another one coming. I'm left handed, I can't go into a shop and play loads of stuff to find out what works for me. I have to figure that out by buying and selling guitars. It fucking sucks and sometimes money is lost, but sometimes money is made. I'm just on the quest man, I've found 'MY' amp (ENGL Powerball) I'm just trying to find 'MY' guitar(s)

well in my books thats an exceptable excuse for selling your guitar, just try and buy it back afterwards :P
i thought, and im sure others did aswell, that you were selling due to financial issues. i guess thats why we were all bitchin :P

btw, which guitar played better than your custom ran?

o yea, and what ran is being made for you now, like what spec and shape?

Last edited by User01 : 2005-08-13 at 00:39.

Old 2005-08-13, 00:38
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
i wish i had more cash though. thanks for the advice . how versital is an 89. like what style is it good for

well im not much of a tone freak so i cant really describe it well, i'l try tho

the humbucker mode (emg85) is kick ass for metal, chunky, awesome when distorted, and perfect for any type of metal really.
the single coil mode is a lot mellower, its pretty sharp when using disortion. the cleans are much better on single coil mode and it sounds a bit more fluid. im not much of a shredder (trying to be tho :P) but i'd say that the leady soloish stuff i can play sounds best on single coil mode and it sounds kuewl. especially through my pod xt.

well there you go, my feeble attempt to explain it

Old 2005-08-13, 01:33
YJM04
Post-whore

Quote:
well there you go, my feeble attempt to explain it

didnt help much, but thanks for trying

Quote:

Old 2005-08-13, 09:45
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

The 89 has a coil switch not tap emg activses can't be split or tapped, its two seperate pickups in one housing, it'sprobably the most versatile active EMG, as it has the SA which would be great for the clean shred licks.

If you like the HFH you may like the EMG 6 or 60A if you want te 89 or 65 in the bridge, that would sound pretty good imo..

Allthough if you're really into shred only then a tonezone and HFH or similar will be an awesome choice...

Ozz

Old 2005-08-13, 12:30
YJM04
Post-whore

ok shreding. what else, cuz im in my schools jazz band.even though im not supposed to be, cuz im freshmen.i can play jazz, classical, flamenco, shred, blues on my PG's humbucker from hell. im probably still gonna get the emg because trying to do harmonics on my guitar with the pickup sucks. its got the best tone next to the eric johnson i've played on

Quote:

Old 2005-08-14, 22:53
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

It's a single coil do the math man, ohh btw I loved your MAB cover, pretty damm good for your age...

I can't wait I hope D sends pics tomorrow and then ships her on tuesday...

Ozz

Old 2005-08-14, 23:21
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
It's a single coil do the math man, ohh btw I loved your MAB cover, pretty damm good for your age...

Ozz

mab...?

Old 2005-08-15, 16:28
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

Ozz

when did you pay your second payment?

I havnt got my pics yet so dont get your hopes up man, this week is already dragging like a fucker

Old 2005-08-15, 16:58
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

It's only monday well I hope she gets shipped by the end of the week, I have waited long enough it was supposed to be completed july but due setbacks its taken an extra month...

Ozz

Old 2005-08-15, 17:57
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Mine was mento be done in mid june and only now is it ready, but oh well waiting nearly over

Old 2005-08-15, 18:40
TheLeviathan
Senior Metalhead

Quick question guys, how long does Ran take on average to build and have it ready for shipping? I'm seriously considering getting one, but the waiting will be fucking agony for me.

Old 2005-08-15, 18:43
Frozen Soul
Senior Metalhead
Banned

I'm liking these guitars. Think I'll order me one.

Old 2005-08-15, 18:45
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeviathan
Quick question guys, how long does Ran take on average to build and have it ready for shipping? I'm seriously considering getting one, but the waiting will be fucking agony for me.

On the site it says 5 months, although obviously this isn't a definate rule for all guitars

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven

Old 2005-08-15, 18:55
TheLeviathan
Senior Metalhead

Ah shit, i'm gonna save up some more pennies and go for it, ive been thinking about this for about a year now

Old 2005-08-15, 19:00
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

I ordered mine at the start of feb and its only just ready now so theres your answer

Old 2005-08-16, 13:47
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

Shit I hope mine comes by next week as I'm off to collage and wan't to get it before then...

Ozz

Old 2005-08-16, 21:24
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Cool, that's exactly like the RR I want, except diff. inlays, tune-o-matic, and a pick guard.

Old 2005-08-16, 21:47
h4x5k8
Post-whore

That thing is fucking beautiful. Is that a gloss white finish or somthing else?

Old 2005-08-16, 21:51
Transient
HES BAAACK

oh my GOD that is a beautiful guitar i actually made a noise when i first saw it

INCREDIBLE

Old 2005-08-16, 22:27
sqol
Post-whore

Nice axe dude.... The sofa has changed

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven

Old 2005-08-16, 22:35
h4x5k8
Post-whore

he was able to afford a new sofa after ozz sent him the money for the new ran

Old 2005-08-16, 22:36
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Fuck Yeah!!

That is sooooo nice.

For a person who doesnt really like V's... I really like your V

Quote:

Old 2005-08-16, 22:38
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

That looks just freaking wicked. They just keep getting better and better Love the inlays.

Old 2005-08-16, 22:55
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

Hahha i alos noticed the new sofa, D must be one rich ass dude now thanks to soulinsane, hehe, its snow white, i did want the enck satin finish with teh headstock back painted white, i suppsoe i could always sand the paint off if it isnt satin...

Allthough ill try it before I go doing any whacky changes...

Ozz

Old 2005-08-16, 22:59
h4x5k8
Post-whore

im confused, so snowy white is gloss finish? and you dont want a satin neck finish? and if you get one you will sand it?

Old 2005-08-16, 23:17
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Got my Ran pics, they'll be up in 15 min

Old 2005-08-16, 23:42
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Holy shit, hoho hehehehe hohoh .......wow....I don't know what to say. That one looks flawless to the ESP one. Wooow, that is incredible.

Old 2005-08-16, 23:46
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

I know im fucking loving this

although I think I may change the pup ring to a black one but we'll see.

Old 2005-08-17, 00:42
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Fuck Yeah!!

2 New Ran postings in one day It must be friggin christmas/

Niiiiiice Ran.

I quite like how the ran logo has custom made under it, did you ask for that? Or did they change their logo.

Quote:

Last edited by OpethFan : 2005-08-17 at 00:49.

Old 2005-08-17, 00:53
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

God damn....what a great fucking day. Those are beautiful guitars they are.....

I still like mine more though.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2005-08-17, 01:23
Transient
HES BAAACK

your rans are absolutely amazing, now i think im gonna get one too. i like the bee looking one

both of you guys

how much ALL IN ALL (shipping customs transfer rates etc) did those rans cost? in USD

Old 2005-08-17, 01:25
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:

fucking nice. but whats with that bottom bevel?

Old 2005-08-17, 02:28
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Holy shiy dude I love the headstock. Did you design that?

Old 2005-08-17, 03:12
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCS
fucking nice. but whats with that bottom bevel?

thats the recess on the back of the guitar to make it more comfortable when playing. you know that wide grove on the back of the guitar at the top. its on all guitars...well pretty much all guitars.

i was thinkin the same when i first saw it

Old 2005-08-17, 05:44
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
I quite like how the ran logo has custom made under it, did you ask for that? Or did they change their logo.

I asked for it

Quote:
Holy shiy dude I love the headstock. Did you design that?

nah its from the ESP custom angel model made for some jap guy but I really liked it so I decided to get it

anyways i'll post more pics when it arrives on friday, I cant beleive how good D is at making these things, heres to big D

Old 2005-08-17, 06:34
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Old 2005-08-17, 14:31
h4x5k8
Post-whore

OMGOGMGOMG ALL THOSE RANS ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Im not a huge fan of the paintjob on the KV but I still respect the craftsmanship, the camo is very nicley done. Its funny Ozz's guitar reminds me of Alexi's white one, AoS's reminds me of his Yellow and Black one, and mine reminds me of Roope's. I love the headstock on yours AoS and its cool how he did those inlays for you, and that curve in the back, ill have to get that on my next one. Also the gloss black and that color yellow with gold hardware is sooooo sexy, i would leave the gold pickup ring I love how it looks against the EMG.

Ozz
------------------------------------
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a...uk/Rancust6.jpg
http://adueinteriors.com/pics/4.jpg

AoS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/sudman/myran2.jpg
http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/e...s/alexlaiho.jpg

H8
http://adueinteriors.com/pics/ran/D-1.jpg
http://koti.welho.com/jhakkin1/sob/...pepinstripe.jpg

Old 2005-08-17, 15:18
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

My Ran was actually based on his jackson one but I thought he headstock would make it more interesting, you dont know how much work is draging at the moment knowing that my guitar is done and on the way

I will be ordering another in september but it will be less of a laiho rip - off

Old 2005-08-17, 15:49
h4x5k8
Post-whore

I need another one, but I need some money. Im really gonna wait this next one out to, make sure ive tried a lot more guitars, and make sure i can get the best features possible on my next one.

and yes i do know how much work it is i actually saw my ran at my doorstep and then saw the guy walk away with it cause i didnt have the bullshit 400 COD customs charge that ended up only having to be 180.

Old 2005-08-17, 16:15
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

Yeah I can now imagine what it must have been like haha, at least I get away custom free. All things going well I should have it monday and I just so happen to have all next week off work to play it

Old 2005-08-17, 18:26
HermanRi!
Post-whore

o
m
g

i just fucking wet myself over those pictures
that guitar is fuckin amazing!!!
that paint job is killer and the inlays fucking own!
shit, my respect for ran has just increased even more!

Old 2005-08-18, 10:19
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

Hahaha my guitar has nothing to do with Alexi much, I inverted the colours that were on a custom Jackson I saw, allthought It was owned by a finnish guy so.....

Ozz

Old 2005-08-19, 01:37
Transient
HES BAAACK

all these new v bodys have assured me, ill order a ran sometime in a few months!

Old 2005-08-19, 12:42
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

Well Got an email From D said the GLS have started shipping it and have got a tracking number.. w00t

Ozz

Old 2005-08-19, 15:33
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

mines here on monday

Old 2005-08-19, 16:00
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

God damn, RAN's are spreading like wild-fire now!!!! Fuck....they are on the ESP forum too?

Damn....get em' cheap while you can.

Oh yeah, H8....I only paid 45 dollars for my customs fee......bwooo haa haaa

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2005-08-19, 16:41
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Damn, I payed like $108 for Customs ramson, I mean, taxes.

I still got the only Ran with a Kahler.... so far I'm sure there will be more because people over on the Kahler forums are talking about getting Rans made with Kahlers too. At least mine is the first.

Looks like the price isn't the only thing starting to go up either. Wait time is now 5 months.

Old 2005-08-19, 17:02
HermanRi!
Post-whore

i dont care if ran prices are going up, theyre the only great custom shop which will build me a custom ibanez rg shaped guitar. i dont care how much i have to spend to get it.
obviously i would prefer to less, but im not bothered if prices go up, as long as i get my guitar.

Old 2005-08-19, 17:10
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I don't think they will ever go up that much, but I'm sure they are going to have more overhead exspences with more guitars being ordered everyday. Someone here said they have got 5 times the amount of orders in the last year.

Old 2005-08-19, 17:14
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Haha Soul', maybe you should get commission?

Old 2005-08-19, 17:32
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

If I could prove it was my doing I might ask Ran for some kick back. I could go to other forums, get in good, post a few pic of my Ran, and answer a few questions. Thats all I would need to do if that is what worked here.

I actually got a ton of e-mail form all over the world from people not of this forum right after I got mine asking about how to order one and if they were as good of a deal as it seemed.

Old 2005-08-19, 18:21
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

just sent he form for my second ran to D, once I get the price i'll get saving

Old 2005-08-19, 18:51
Evolution
New Blood

Quote:
I don't think they will ever go up that much, but I'm sure they are going to have more overhead exspences with more guitars being ordered everyday. Someone here said they have got 5 times the amount of orders in the last year.

It seems so, price for a custom logo went up by 40 euros a few moments ago. Whatever, it's ordered. 1350 euros btw, that should be 1644.97 US Dollar right now .... works for me.

Old 2005-08-19, 22:46
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

IT's a Shame i fthey go up too much, allthough i still think they'll be great value tdue to the pay hlal on deposit half on cmpletion option, that is really cool...

Soul you only just got the first Ran with a Kahler, I nearly ordered one but didnt have the funds to get the briddge...

Ozz

Old 2005-08-20, 01:42
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

Shit it's left the German Hub a few hours ago so it's on its way to the airport I guess, should be here by next week easily...

Ozz

Old 2005-08-20, 01:47
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Nice. The journey begins

Old 2005-08-20, 09:32
Henkkiz
New Blood

AoS:s Ran is much much more beautiful than the ESP one. Damn that is a beautiful guitar.

Old 2005-08-20, 11:22
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Nice. The journey begins

lol, and we all remember what an agonising wait yours was

Old 2005-08-20, 13:34
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

We'll I hope it takes like a day or two to go through UK customs as its from the EU and there is no tax or whatever to sort out, so that will take down the sorting time out a lot...

I hope it gets here by tuesday or wednesday that would be great...

Ozz