BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-06-30, 15:49
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Ran doesn't have Kahler bridges and most other guitar companys don't either. I mailed a new one to Ran for installation. BLS has just given the website to the Kahlar company where you can still get them. They are not mass marketing the bridges right now, but I heard that soon they will agian. Kahlar makes golf clubs mostly right now, but they still make batches of bridges from time to time. They cost a little cash but are worth it.

Old 2004-07-01, 07:10
h4x5k8
Post-whore

hells yes

hell yea i cant wait to see those pics, i am just about to order my ran and i think this right here is the final product i have decided.
Data=7/1/04
customer=Coury Ditch
country=USA
e-mail=arkhaxsk8@msn.com
R_or_L_handed=right handed
body_shape=Randy Rhoads V
construction=neck thru
body_material=maple
flamed_maple_top=no
binding_top=no
binding_back=no
binding_color=N/A
pickups_neck=N/A pickups_middle=N/A pickups_bridge=HUM
finish=satin black
headstock_shape=Jackson Headstock
neck_material=maple
reverse=no
headstock_finish=match body
neck_finish=satin
fingerboard=ebony
fingerboard_other= number_of_frets=24
fret_size=standard
inlays=sharkfins
inlay_at_12th_fret=no
fingerboard_end=square
fingerboard_binding=yes
headstock_binding=yes
binding_color=white
nut=locking width=1 5/8''
hardware_color=black
bridge_system=Schaller Locked Floyd Rose Tremolo
tuning_machines=Schaller M6
pickups=EMG pickups_neck=N/A pickups_middle=N/A pickups_bridge=EMG 81 control_knobs=volume
pickup_selector=N/A
hard_case=yes
additional=BODY : Randy Rhoads Flying V Body.
PAINTJOB : Satin Black with white pinstripe bevels. http://www.adueinteriors.com/ps.jpg
A picture i made to give you an idea of the paintjob and completed guitar. (the volume knob is off, and white pinstripes are crooked in some places, please use the http://www.adueinteriors.com/ps.jpg as a better referance for paintjob) http://www.adueinteriors.com/RR_v_Custom.jpg

Old 2004-07-01, 16:19
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

A Maple Body?!?!?!?! God thats gonna be a HARSH and shrill sounding guitar. But atleast you'll be able to get a good 80's hair metal tone lol

and the pics dont load

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-01, 19:28
h4x5k8
Post-whore

haha

thats pretty awesome, of course the customs couldnt be the last thing that was messed up on your order, your gay neighbors have to take it. All i say is save up for like 10 full randell warhead stacks and point them towords your neghbors house and shred it out for as long as you can on the new Soulinsane custom

Dariusz emailed my back and said it would be 1090 euros for that custom i posted up there.

whats so bad about a maple body? would there be a btter choice? alder, mahogony?

Old 2004-07-01, 20:38
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by haxsk8
thats pretty awesome, of course the customs couldnt be the last thing that was messed up on your order, your gay neighbors have to take it. All i say is save up for like 10 full randell warhead stacks and point them towords your neghbors house and shred it out for as long as you can on the new Soulinsane custom

Dariusz emailed my back and said it would be 1090 euros for that custom i posted up there.

whats so bad about a maple body? would there be a btter choice? alder, mahogony?

Or he could buy ONE quality high gain tube amp and be louder than those 10 randall ss pos.

Maple is a bright wood, not comonly used for guitar bodys because its sounds horrible. Go alder.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-02, 03:06
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Pics are on the way folks, calm down. Give me a little time, I just got home and I'm going to have pics here very soon, if I can ever stop playing the guitar.

BLS, I have had a custom Jackson KV-1, USA made guitar before. It was a super great guitar, but this Ran guitar is completely unreal and cost much less. Even after all the problems I had, I will get another one. Next time will not be as crazy through Customs, because I know just what needs to be included for fast passage and Ran will know this by the end of today too. Hopefully this will help everyone else in the future that gets a Ran guitar too.

As for my getto neighbors, they wouldn't know how to play a guitar or even care. They would have just sold it for crack or something, so I'm glad I was fast to react before it was too late. I almost exspected something like this to happen after everything else going wrong, maybe I was cursed or something. One thing was for sure... one of my neighbors was going to get an total asskicking if the guitar didn't show up fast. I believe I must have looked crazy when I knocked on their door. Those bastards know I had caught them within 10 minutes.

Jackson custom shop guitars are fuckin awesome!! This Ran guitar must be amazing then

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-02, 04:09
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Get a Kahler flat mount first, strike a deal with Ran on a guitar, and have them install it. Mine was the first Kahler system they ever did and they did one hell on a job! Wait until I have the pics developed tomarrow and you will see for yourself.

Will you get the invader (V) with the shealth (Dime) headstock? What inlays will you get? I know you like Duncan pups. Did you know he installs them instead of EMG if you want at no extra charge?

The next Ran I would like to get is the Avenger (warlock body) with the stealth (Dime) head stock.

Old 2004-07-02, 07:03
h4x5k8
Post-whore

hell yes :flame:

Quote:
Get a Kahler flat mount first, strike a deal with Ran on a guitar, and have them install it. Mine was the first Kahler system they ever did and they did one hell on a job! Wait until I have the pics developed tomarrow and you will see for yourself.

Will you get the invader (V) with the shealth (Dime) headstock? What inlays will you get? I know you like Duncan pups. Did you know he installs them instead of EMG if you want at no extra charge?

The next Ran I would like to get is the Avenger (warlock body) with the stealth (Dime) head stock.

Fuck yea dude, i cant fuckin wait to get my custom RR (have those pics worked yet, the ones i linked a couple posts back?????) I am so fuckin excited to order this shit, i just hope that customs shit doesnt happen. Ran is the ultimate shit and if they are better than jackson, once more people hear about ran and there goodness the more expensive they will get, so its good that we are ordering them early. My guitar teacher got an offer from a custom guitar maker 6 years ago for around $800 and now those same guitars now go for around $4000 for a custom. Ran

Last edited by haxsk8 : 2004-07-02 at 09:28.

Old 2004-07-02, 15:37
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:

I wont have him install the Kahler or the pickups. Cause remember i want to finish this guitar myself so it would be kinda pointless to have them install this shit. Ill probably get the diamond inlays.

Data=July 2nd, 2004
customer=Eric
country=USA
e-mail=Cryptopsy666@sbcglobal.net
R_or_L_handed=right handed
body_shape=Invader
body_shape_other=
construction=neck thru
body_material=ash
material_other=
flamed_maple_top=no
binding_top=no
binding_back=no
binding_color=N/A
pickups_neck=HUM
pickups_middle=N/A
pickups_bridge=HUM
finish=natural
finish_other=unfinished please
headstock_shape=Vision
headstock_shape_other=Stealth
neck_material=maple
reverse=no
headstock_finish=black
headstock_finish_other=
neck_finish=satin
neck_finish_other=unfinished please
fingerboard=ebony
fingerboard_other=
number_of_frets=24
fret_size=extra jumbo
inlays=diamonds
inlay_at_12th_fret=no
fingerboard_end=square
fingerboard_binding=yes
headstock_binding=yes
binding_color=white
nut=locking
width=1 11/16''
hardware_color=black
bridge_system=Schaller Locked Floyd Rose Tremolo
tuning_machines=Schaller M6
pickups=Seymour Duncan
pickups_neck=S. Duncan SH-2
pickups_middle=N/A
pickups_bridge=S. Duncan TB-4
control_knobs=volume
pickup_selector=3-way lever
hard_case=yes
additional=For the bridge can you route a Kahler 2300 Flatmount, i can include the specs for this if needed. Also can the controls be 1x Volume + 2x Tone + 1x Killswitch. Im also curious if you guys can send me the guitar unfinished? I would like to apply my own finish on the guitar, if you can do this please leave the Swap Ash unfilled. You can paint the headstock black and put the Ran logo on it, i want to be a proud Ran owner

Thanks!

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Last edited by BLS : 2004-07-02 at 15:41.

Old 2004-07-02, 16:49
h4x5k8
Post-whore

sweet

thats pretty hardcore that you wanna finish it your self, i would be to impatient and get to agrovated to try to finish it i would just wanna start playing it.

Old 2004-07-02, 16:54
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Heh. It wont take longer than a week.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-02, 17:29
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Heh. It wont take longer than a week.

yea if your experianced, but i would trust an experianced guitar builder to make/finish my guitar way more than myself. The guitar im trying to make is pretty much a copy of Roope Latvalla's black jackson custom with the white pinstripe bevel so i guess it wouldnt be that hard to paint, it just has satin black finish which i wouldnt understand how to apply.l

Old 2004-07-02, 18:53
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
yea if your experianced, but i would trust an experianced guitar builder to make/finish my guitar way more than myself. The guitar im trying to make is pretty much a copy of Roope Latvalla's black jackson custom with the white pinstripe bevel so i guess it wouldnt be that hard to paint, it just has satin black finish which i wouldnt understand how to apply.l

Im a novie luthier and do this shit for fun. The finish i plan on doing is fairly simple.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-02, 21:05
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

How much are you saving by donig the finish and what not by your self?

Old 2004-07-02, 23:42
Digimortal
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Jesus christ people, he said he will post pics later. Fuckin impatient bastards

After all the shit he's had to go through and as long as this thread has been going you should realize some of us are almost as excited as soul is. It's more of a compliment than being an "impatient bastard".

Soul if you don't mind my asking what was the total price for your Ran after paying customs and what not? Or to be more specific what was your original estimate and what did you finally end up paying. I'm interested in picking up just the standard invader and was wondering how much extra cash I should set aside for customs, taxes, etc. that might crop up after it's been sent.

Old 2004-07-03, 01:53
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digimortal
After all the shit he's had to go through and as long as this thread has been going you should realize some of us are almost as excited as soul is. It's more of a compliment than being an "impatient bastard".

Soul if you don't mind my asking what was the total price for your Ran after paying customs and what not? Or to be more specific what was your original estimate and what did you finally end up paying. I'm interested in picking up just the standard invader and was wondering how much extra cash I should set aside for customs, taxes, etc. that might crop up after it's been sent.

Well Hopefully you wont have to deal with customs, cause soulinsane was gonna try to make ran guitars put the wood types with the shipping info and invoices, so customs wont inspect it and shit, and soulinsane was gonna se if he could try to make customs let rans pass through now since they know its just a normal guitar after all what they did to souls. But im pretty sure those invaders are like 620 euro which is like 763.77 american and the shipping is like 80 euro or 98.55 american, cases are 70 euro or 86.23 american and money conversion to euros is about 35 american so all in all its gonna cost around $980 plus or minus some shit depending on if they price you differant or customs fucks with you.

Old 2004-07-03, 02:24
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
How much are you saving by donig the finish and what not by your self?

I havent got a reply from them yet so i dont know. Im gonna do a finish like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=3724294919 its very simple. It only works with Swap Ash though.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-03, 02:49
fritz
Metalhead

Looks great man, I'm really glad it turned out so nice. My RR copy will be done in September. It's going to end up costing close to $2000 after transfer fees, maybe a customs fee, etc. but it will be well worth it if it is as good as you say.

Old 2004-07-03, 03:09
Digimortal
Metalhead

Absolutely gorgeous. If it plays as smooth as it looks I'll be converted too.

Old 2004-07-03, 04:26
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Damn!!! That looks absolutly AMAZING. I MUST own a Ran now!! That kahlers nice and clean too, did you buy it 2nd hand or directly from kahler?

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-03, 04:52
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I got the Kahler new on Ebay, never used, but out of the box. The pics are not doing justice for the guitar and it pisses me off. I wish I could let everyone here that has listened and supported me through getting this guitar really see and play it. What I'm saying is thank you for helping me get through the nightmare shipping.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2004-07-03 at 05:03.

Old 2004-07-03, 05:11
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz
Looks great man, I'm really glad it turned out so nice. My RR copy will be done in September. It's going to end up costing close to $2000 after transfer fees, maybe a customs fee, etc. but it will be well worth it if it is as good as you say.

Why $2,000? Did Ran already raise their cost? I know for sure that Customs will want a ransom of about $100-$140 USD; there is no getting around that one, but I hope that Ran listens to me about what to include in the invoice when they ship to the US and passage through Customs is much faster.

Old 2004-07-03, 05:40
h4x5k8
Post-whore

?'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz

Yea why $2000 im getting an RR copy and he said 1090 euros and that includes the case, what are the specs on your custom.

And soulisane thats pretty kickass, are the kahlers a lot better playing then the schaller floyd rose copies they have? or is it all just preferance? Also you have to pay a customs fee no matter what??

Old 2004-07-03, 05:59
Compelled 2 Lacerate
New Blood

im getting a invader in snow white and black binding with a emg (81 or 85) black hardware hard ash body maple neck with ebony fret board shaclller floyd. that or a new drumset.

Old 2004-07-03, 06:05
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Yea why $2000 im getting an RR copy and he said 1090 euros and that includes the case, what are the specs on your custom.

And soulisane thats pretty kickass, are the kahlers a lot better playing then the schaller floyd rose copies they have? or is it all just preferance? Also you have to pay a customs fee no matter what??

No matter what. It could very well slip by them and you pay nothing, but the guitar is insured via Ran. Being that it is insured, Customs knows at least the value that was payed for it. It all depends on who is working that day and time in customs when your guitar gets to the US. They charge duties and taxes to the value of the parcel 95% of the time. It's total BS, but I can find no way around it unless I smuggle it personaly it into the country. I have done this many times with the Navy and have got many goodies too; a story for another time. I really hate the ideal of the US Feds wanting a payment for something you already own.

Old 2004-07-03, 06:17
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
No matter what. It could very well slip by them and you pay nothing, but the guitar is insured via Ran. Being that it is insured, Customs knows at least the value that was payed for it. It all depends on who is working that day and time in customs when your guitar gets to the US. They charge duties and taxes to the value of the parcel 95% of the time. It's total BS, but I can find no way around it unless I smuggle it personaly it into the country. I have done this many times with the Navy and have got many goodies too; a story for another time. I really hate the ideal of the US Feds wanting a payment for something you already own.

Haha sweet anxoius to hear some of those stories, well im gettin may ran as soon as a i can i am trying to find a black kahler but i dont know if its even worth spending the extra money on, hopefully a schaller floyd copy is good enough for me, do you have and messenger on your comp that we could talk with, seems like i always have something to ask on the forum but i never end up doing it.

Old 2004-07-03, 06:41
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I would say a Kahler flat mount trem is better than any Floyd, but that's because of quality and a little preference. BLS once said that that Floyds can do a few things that Kahler can't (like break for one imo) and it's true. Unless you are a hardcore Floyd fan, I would really go with Kahler. If you worry about how rare Kahler are then worry no more, because they are starting mass production again. Only make sure that the Kahler you get is a flat mount 2300 series, because they are the best Kahler systems.

Old 2004-07-03, 06:53
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
I would say a Kahler flat mount trem is better than any Floyd, but that's because of quality and a little preference. BLS once said that that Floyds can do a few things that Kahler can't (like break for one imo) and it's true. Unless you are a hardcore Floyd fan, I would really go with Kahler. If you worry about how rare Kahler are then worry no more, because they are starting mass production again. Only make sure that the Kahler you get is a flat mount 2300 series, because they are the best Kahler systems.

Sweet thanks

Old 2004-07-03, 14:20
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:

Yeh, but even the flyers are good (thier the less exoensive kahlers flatmounts) But if you really want that floyd the Schaller floyd is an Origanal Floyd Rose, dont let the name fool you.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-03, 15:25
fritz
Metalhead

Quote:
Why $2,000? Did Ran already raise their cost? I know for sure that Customs will want a ransom of about $100-$140 USD; there is no getting around that one, but I hope that Ran listens to me about what to include in the invoice when they ship to the US and passage through Customs is much faster.

They didn't raise their prices, but they charged me more for the RR body style (which I really wanted). I'm factoring in the bullshit customs fee with that price.

Old 2004-07-03, 16:09
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Well Dariusz sent me this e-mail today

"Dear Eric,
Invader guitar /unfinished/ in your specification will costs 1020 euro.
Please, include the specs for Kahler bridge.
It`s very nice project. I made Invader with Stealth`s headstock for customer
from Belgium.
You can see it on http://coalition.free.fr/sckibe.htm

Best regards,
Dariusz Kuczynski."

that invader looks fuckin awesome!

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-03, 18:20
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

That Guitar looks great. The Stealth headstock looks very nice on the Invader body. The 12th fret inlay looks sweet too.

For that price, BLS, why not ask if Ran can do that guitar fininsh you want? I was also thinking that the grain of the neck-thru on the body would look different then the body wood, so wouldn't a set or bolt-on neck allow for a better looking body? Maybe a thin top wood could cover the neck-thru wood on the guitar body. Also, thanks for the info about Schaller Floyds being Original Floyd Rose bridges; the quality of OFR are nice. I thought Schaller were licenced Floyds, but I'm not a Floyd man so I had no ideal.

I got a email from Dariusz today. Ran has heard of the troubles I had in Customs and now knows how to fix them so no one else has problems, also they changed carriers and now use UPS. Everything should ship out nice and smooth for now on, but just in case there are any problems with Customs, I said he could contact me anytime for help. Anyone here can ask me for help with Customs, just PM me and I will be glad to help.

And some great news. Dariusz said that he will open a Ran guitar shop in the US, but it is still to early for Ran to expand yet. One day Ran Guitars will rule the guitar world.

Old 2004-07-03, 18:27
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Yeh i wonder why mine cost so much?? Ill probably just get and alder body. I dont need the pickups so ill tell him that, he dosent need to wire anything. Im not buying a bridge from him... My guitar dosent ask for any customs stuff really. That body looks real nice with the silver bevels, i might even have him do the finish like that. Maybe after all that i can afford it

Any idea when he will open a Ran shop in america?? Maybe i can goto luthiery school and work for him ... id be the happiest man ever, id work for fuckin 5.50 and hr even.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-03, 19:06
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

I was thinking the same thing

Soul, you should write a review now http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/#man you'll have to make a new catagory... you will be the first one to review a Ran Guitar!

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-03, 20:52
h4x5k8
Post-whore

what do you mean the schaller are original floyds, i thought they were licenced?
What is the differance betweem the two?
if im right i think liscenced floyds are company's that get permission to make them and do shitty copy's or atleast most companys do shitty copies. Are schaller floyds a part of floyd rose or somthing?

Old 2004-07-03, 21:00
Compelled 2 Lacerate
New Blood

Schaller is a company that makes tuners strap locks shit like that and they make a damn good licensed floyd.

Old 2004-07-03, 21:08
h4x5k8
Post-whore

thats what i thought but some say otherwise

Old 2004-07-03, 21:11
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compelled 2 Lacerate
im getting a invader in snow white and black binding with a emg (81 or 85) black hardware hard ash body maple neck with ebony fret board shaclller floyd. that or a new drumset.
and a new computer and a new car and a new bass and new guitar and new house and new plane and new summer vacation house and new cruiseliner, all that or a new toothbrush

Old 2004-07-03, 22:33
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
what do you mean the schaller are original floyds, i thought they were licenced?
What is the differance betweem the two?
if im right i think liscenced floyds are company's that get permission to make them and do shitty copy's or atleast most companys do shitty copies. Are schaller floyds a part of floyd rose or somthing?

The OFR's are all made by Schaller.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-04, 01:26
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitiant
Kickass guitar, goes well with the flowery background

I know I would get some feedback about the flowers on the wall I don't like them either but I'm moving in less then a month so I will never see those flowers again.

BLS, thanks for that site. I will write a review about Ran Guitars there. Ran deserves to be noticed. Dariusz will need all the attention we can give Ran so that he can open a shop in on this side of the world too. Ran guitars will one day be very well known for the quality and prices they have. You can't beat a complete custom hand made guitar for less than $1,500.

Old 2004-07-04, 01:40
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

But Dont you think that once they get big, theyll just jack up the price cuz they can?

Old 2004-07-04, 02:15
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Not because they can but because they will have too. More deman means he needs more workers. But the price will still be extremely reasonable seeing as he will have to compete with the likes of Jackson.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-04, 05:29
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Hehe Yeah, flowers do add lots of contract to a Ran guitar.

I'm sure that Ran will eventually have to raise their price once they expand some. Like BLS said, to cover the overhead cost of expanding, but as long as it's about the love of making great guitars and only profit to make a decent living, if the cost was raised slowly to account for expanding, poeple would understand. I bet that Ran would still kick the hell out of Jackson's, B.C. Rich, ect. custom shop cost if they even doubled the price. I don't believe Ran would never charge a huge amount. I don't think Ran is about money.

BLS said he would like to be a luthier for Ran... I know it's because he loves guitars and as long as he could pay his bills and live a nice life style, he would never stop making guitars for a shit job that payed more. I have a nice job but would love to work for Ran, because if I could make guitars that will last longer that me and give poeple the same feeling I got from my guitar for a good price, I could be happy doing that the rest of my life even if I never got filty rich doing it.

Old 2004-07-05, 05:09
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I found some other Ran guitar pics while surfing today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (22.1 KB, 431 views)
File Type: jpg seven.jpg (47.2 KB, 430 views)

Old 2004-07-05, 05:10
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Damn thats a badass 7 string

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-05, 05:13
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

And some more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cruiser.jpg (33.8 KB, 412 views)

Old 2004-07-05, 05:15
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

And one with skulls.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Skulls.jpg (13.5 KB, 391 views)

Old 2004-07-05, 05:15
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

That ones not my kinda of guitar at all, the flamed maple and pickups with no pickup rings look nice.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-05, 05:33
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Which one, the skull one or the other? The flame top does look nice and I think Ran mounts all the pups right to the body for better wood tone. The wood on the 7 string looks like mohogany and has good grain.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2004-07-05 at 05:40.

Old 2004-07-05, 21:09
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Found some more pics of Ran Guitars today.

Old 2004-07-05, 21:21
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

The dont mount all pickups directly to the body, your guitar has pickups rings, and all the standard models do too. http://www.decapitated.cjb.net/ has tons of pics. They use Ran guitars

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-05, 21:33
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Mine doesn't have pup rings, look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 015_10A.JPG (68.7 KB, 450 views)

Old 2004-07-05, 21:45
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

oooo i never saw good picture of the pickups.
I prefer pickups rings, unless their directly mounted like that one guitar. I dont like the cavity to show.

Dariusz just sent me the new price, its only $1,032.71

Soul, you said they only want half upfront right??

He also attached this pic for no apparent reason, but damn.. thats the nicest headstock ive ever seen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0059.jpg (86.5 KB, 417 views)

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Last edited by BLS : 2004-07-05 at 22:43.

Old 2004-07-05, 23:14
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Nice pic! I love Ran guitars.

Is that for the unfinished guitar, BLS? Dariusz only requires half up front and the rest later, but it is cheaper to just send it all in one transfer because it cost to transfer and convert the money each time. Payment methods may have charged though, but if Ran is still only accepting bank wire it will cost a little to send patment. My transfer only cost $35.

Old 2004-07-05, 23:32
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

If the pickups are screwed directly to the wood, does this mean you cannot adjust the height?

EMGs are supposed to be as close to the strings as possible (as the EMG literature says) and so would the possiblilty arise that the pickups may end up too low?

Or is it a case of spot-on routing to make sure the bottom of the pickup rout is exactly the right depth

I heard that Eddie van Halen used to fix his pups directly to the wood on his Wayne axes, but I've also heard it makes very little difference tone wise.

I never really liked the look of the ring-less Ibanez's, but I'm starting to like them.

Old 2004-07-05, 23:49
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

No, the pups are not screwed down completely tight to the wood, but the height adjustment screws are mounted directly to the body. It's kinda hard to explain but the pups height can be adjusted. There really is no need with a Ran guitar because it was setup perfect right out of the case. I haven't had to adjust a single thing since I got it and I'm a fanatic about everything being setup perfect.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2004-07-05 at 23:53.

Old 2004-07-06, 01:20
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Sweet. Yeah, I kinda guessed the stupidity of my question after I posted and had a look around. It wouldn't be very popular at all if you couldn't adjust pup height...

I've submitted a design for a quote. I'm already preparing a second cheaper design for when I'm told it's quite expensive...

Whatever the result, it'll be a long time before I can afford it...

Old 2004-07-06, 03:55
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Nice pic! I love Ran guitars.

Is that for the unfinished guitar, BLS? Dariusz only requires half up front and the rest later, but it is cheaper to just send it all in one transfer because it cost to transfer and convert the money each time. Payment methods may have charged though, but if Ran is still only accepting bank wire it will cost a little to send patment. My transfer only cost $35.

No its finished.

Heres the e-mail i sent

Hi Eric,
It`s very good choice, I love Invader`s shape with painted bevels.
Now, your guitar costs only 840 euro.

Best regards,.
Dariusz Kuczynski.

----- Original Message -----
To: <ranguitars@ranguitars.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 8:40 PM
Subject: (custom)

> Data=July 3rd 2004
> customer=Eric
> country=USA
> e-mail=Cryptopsy666@Sbcglobal.net
> R_or_L_handed=right handed
> body_shape=Invader
> body_shape_other=
> construction=neck thru
> body_material=alder
> material_other=
> flamed_maple_top=no
> binding_top=no
> binding_back=no
> binding_color=N/A
> pickups_neck=HUM
> pickups_middle=N/A
> pickups_bridge=HUM
> finish=black
> finish_other=
> headstock_shape=Vision
> headstock_shape_other=Stealth
> neck_material=maple
> reverse=no
> headstock_finish=black
> headstock_finish_other=
> neck_finish=match body finish
> neck_finish_other=
> fingerboard=ebony
> fingerboard_other=
> number_of_frets=24
> fret_size=extra jumbo
> inlays=diamonds
> inlay_at_12th_fret=no
> fingerboard_end=square
> fingerboard_binding=yes
> headstock_binding=yes
> binding_color=white
> nut=locking
> width=1 11/16''
> hardware_color=black
> bridge_system=Schaller Locked Floyd Rose Tremolo
> tuning_machines=Schaller M6
> pickups=EMG
> pickups_neck=N/A
> pickups_middle=N/A
> pickups_bridge=N/A
> control_knobs=volume
> pickup_selector=N/A
> hard_case=yes
> additional=Hi, This a follow up to my previous price qoute. I still would
like the bridge routed for a Kahler 2300 Flatmount. I already own the bridge
and The pickups i want so i dont need to order them from you, i can easily
install them myself. I no longer wish to perform the finish myself. Can you
paint the bevels silver like the one here:
http://coalition.free.fr/sckibe.htm
>
> Thanks!
> submit=Submit for price
>
>

I went with and alder body since im not going for that finish anymore, Im not buying and pickups off them because i already have an extra JB (mmmm my beloved pickup of choice!!) and ill probably get a jazz for the neck. Man i cant wait till i have $550

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-07, 22:03
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Duncan JB and Jazz? I think that is the same pups Dave Mustaine uses, not sure. Anyway, It will be a cool guitar. I can't wait until you get it and complete construction. You have to post pics too, once its finished.

I've already started to save cash for another one next year... That or a nice rack amp.

Old 2004-07-07, 22:21
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

what do the rest of their body designs look like, for some reason pictures wont load up from their site

Old 2004-07-07, 22:28
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Duncan JB and Jazz? I think that is the same pups Dave Mustaine uses, not sure. Anyway, It will be a cool guitar. I can't wait until you get it and complete construction. You have to post pics too, once its finished.

I've already started to save cash for another one next year... That or a nice rack amp.

Yep, dave mustaine uses the jb/jazz and so does michael amott from arch enemy, they both play v's too

moon raven, they have a strat, warlock, ironbird, explorer, dime

and they can pretty much make any shape you want.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Last edited by BLS : 2004-07-07 at 22:30.

Old 2004-07-08, 00:02
MoonRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Yep, dave mustaine uses the jb/jazz and so does michael amott from arch enemy, they both play v's too

moon raven, they have a strat, warlock, ironbird, explorer, dime

and they can pretty much make any shape you want.

whats the strat one called, cus i wanna get a quote on the price, also, which headstock would be like a prs style looking thing

Old 2004-07-08, 14:25
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:

Yea about the rack what kind you gettin? My friend is about to get a marshall jmp-1 (i think thats the model name) he was lookin at the mesa tri-axis, that thing is sexy. If i ever get a rack pre-amp its gonna have to be the tri-axis

Old 2004-07-08, 19:06
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-08, 20:10
MoonRaven

many thanks BLS, im prolly gonna go with a cruiser

Old 2004-07-09, 16:35
Slabbefusk
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

i was thinking about the vision with a cruiser headstock.

Old 2004-07-09, 20:50
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

I like the Vision. Yeah I'd get the Vision with the Cruiser Headstock.

Stupid question, Couldnt BC Rich sue Ran if they wanted to for copying their guitars?

Old 2004-07-09, 22:11
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

If ran sets up a shop in the us... then yes, but in poland bc rich's copyright laws mean shit. Ever wonder why ESP only makes the alexi model in japan?? Becuase if they sold them in the us then Jackson would sue them for copying the RR shape

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-10, 01:23
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

But if the guitar only has one noticable difference besides the name, nothing can be done about it. As long as it's not a complete replica nothing can be done. As for headstock shapes, as long as its custom built at the request of the customer, nothing can be done either. Warmoth guitars have shapes that look like other guitar companys designs and they have no problems that I know of selling stuff.

By the way, what does the Impact look like? I see that Ran has this new design but I have never seen one that I know of.

Old 2004-07-10, 01:41
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Yeah I kinda assumed that if you ordered it custom then nothing could be done.

Old 2004-07-10, 01:58
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Not true, if they copy the fender headstock then they will be hearing from fender. Warmoth licenses alot of the headstock shapes.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-10, 02:54
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I hate to say it, but BLS, you may be right about most of this trademark shit with guitars being sold in America. Warmoth is a licensed Fender dealer, which owns Jackson, now that I remember.

There has to be a way around it, though, if the guitar is custom made for a single person, right?

Old 2004-07-10, 03:01
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

If its custom made, and sold in america then fender cna still sue, but they are less likely to becuase its not the the guitar is being mass produced.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-11, 15:36
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Well, I won't tell Jackson if you don't.

Old 2004-07-11, 16:05
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Belive me, fender, gibson, Prs.. they all have an army of laywers.. they find out sooner or later.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-11, 16:27
Slabbefusk
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

if ran is not based or has a production location in the us i think they are "unsuable"

Old 2004-07-11, 16:37
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

ive already said that...

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-20, 02:11
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

I've been designing my Ran now for a few weeks. It keeps changing, I guess I'm just trying to make sure it's what I really want, but hey, there's no hurry, a 5150 head must come first.

I have been trying to come up with something that is slightly more original than just a Jackson copy, which is really all I had in mind previously. I just came up with my own take on a shape that has made me drool since I first saw it. Not to mention, I saw that someone came up with my original idea before I did!

Designing a dream guitar is fookin hard...I feel like a kid in a candy store... what I will eventually walk away with is limited only by my imagination, and unfortunatley my wallet.

Old 2004-07-20, 02:21
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

What shape are you thinking of using?

I know how hard it is designing just what you want too. If I could have got black fret wire on mine I would have, but they don't make the stuff, only nickel, steel, and brass I think on my next Ran I'm going to get brass hardware along with brass frets I will mail the fret wire to Ran for installation if they don't have it. It should look sweet and pretty custom.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2004-07-20 at 02:23.

Old 2004-07-20, 02:24
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

As much as I'd love to show you my mock up pics (cos I think it's fuckin awesome) I'm afraid it's top secret cos some fucker will steal it!

Old 2004-07-20, 02:24
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

One regular Stainless Steel frets gain popularity (if they ever do) then im almost positive that colored fret wire will be made, Stainless steel hardly wears so the colo will remain.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-20, 02:25
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Don't stainless steel frets sound really bright? I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere.

Old 2004-07-20, 02:32
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I don't think they would sound to much brighter than nickel. It would sound like a open string on a guitar with a steel locking nut, but would wear better.

Old 2004-08-11, 16:18
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

some tone freaks say they can hear the difference between satinless steal and nickle (ed roman) but those are just the people who are too lazy to file them down. It takes ALOT of work, and diamond files. But once their perfect they will remain perfect. Bends feel like butter one stainless steel frets.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-08-12, 20:44
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

As soon as i get the money... im getting this monster.
Dear Andrew,
RG guitar in your specification with hard case will costs 850 euro.

Best regards,
Dariusz Kuczynski.

> R_or_L_handed=right handed
> body_shape=Ibanez Rg series
> construction=all access neck joint
> body_material=alder
> flamed_maple_top=no
> binding_top=no
> binding_back=no
> binding_color=N/A
> pickups_neck=N/A
> pickups_middle=N/A
> pickups_bridge=HUM
> finish=satin black
> headstock_shape=Jackson Dinky
> neck_material=maple
> reverse=yes
> headstock_finish=match body finish
> neck_finish=satin
> fingerboard=maple
> number_of_frets=24
> fret_size=extra jumbo
> inlays=sharkfins
> inlay_at_12th_fret=no
> fingerboard_end=square
> fingerboard_binding=yes
> headstock_binding=no
> binding_color=black
> nut=locking
> width=1 5/8''
> hardware_color=black
> bridge_system=Schaller Locked Floyd Rose Tremolo
> tuning_machines=Schaller M6 pickups=EMG
> pickups_neck=N/A
> pickups_middle=N/A
> pickups_bridge=EMG 81
> control_knobs=volume + tone
> pickup_selector=N/A
> hard_case=yes

Old 2004-08-13, 22:45
TheDreadfulHoroscope
Supreme Metalhead

these guitars seem pretty cool, besides ive recently been interested in haveing a 24-fret bridge unlike ive been able to find.

Old 2004-08-13, 22:48
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

24 fret bridge..........

huh?

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-08-26, 00:31
Angel-Of-Death
Senior Metalhead

well i was thinking about getting one of these, but after i read all the crap soulinsane went through im a bit sceptical...
..\......./../...\.....\.../../......./..\
....\.../../--.--\.....\/../_....../_._\
...././_._.........\.../../......../...\
../...................\/../_._..../......\
/............................................\

Old 2004-08-26, 01:00
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

I doubt that will happen again if they tell customs exactly what the guitar is made of and stuff. Plus, Soulinsane could help you out with customs.

Old 2004-08-26, 11:34
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

just wait til soulinsane's back... he will tell ya what you need to do.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-10-05, 14:29
h4x5k8
Post-whore

New ran out, copy of the dime guitars. Also getting mine in around 2 months, ill pot up some pics for everyone

Old 2004-10-05, 17:22
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Kick ass! Can't wait to see your guitar. Didn't you get a custom RR Invader?

Old 2004-10-06, 02:01
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Kick ass! Can't wait to see your guitar. Didn't you get a custom RR Invader?

Yea i guess its an invader, i would just say a RR V Custom, cause thats how i pretty much explained it to dariusz

Old 2004-10-06, 02:06
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Cool, like I said before. Post pics as soon as you get it. I love Ran guitars

Old 2004-10-13, 04:57
Viking_power
Metalhead

Im probably going to order my ran later this week. I heard of them a while ago, but soulinsane's praise closed the deal. Anyways on rans website under fret size they list extra-jumbo, but these are just jumbo frets like on a jackson right? And under tuning machines, what is the diffrence between the schaller M6 and schaller locked versions.

Old 2004-10-13, 11:48
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Extra Jumbo frets are what Ibanez and Jackson mostly use.

The locking tuners lock, the non lokcing dont..

If you have a locking nut then dont waste money in the locking tuners.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-10-13, 13:20
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Yea and post the specs, BEITCH! When you need help with anything involving Ran just post about it here or read back. I think just about everything has been cover at some point here. Ran has been getting crazy work from poeple reading this thread too ( check out the veiw hits ). Dariusz should make us all a Ran guitar for the support we have given him I know he reads this thread too.

Old 2004-10-13, 13:43
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

I've sent in my custom quote, so I'll see what a kickass guitar costs, I oredered the following specs for my price quote:

Cruizer body shape, blue see through with flamed top, white binding, ebony fretboard (same binding) matched headstock (/w white binding) S-D pickups, neckthrough, floyd rose, mahogany body/neck, matched neck colour.

I wonder what it'll cost. but its just for fun. I guess its gonna cost a fortune. I'm not fond of their body shapes by the way. I like carved tops and rg shapes, but thats probably just me.

Old 2004-10-13, 14:04
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
PICS!

I payed 1050 Euro (<$1,200 USD) for the guitar, case, and shipping. $35 to convert and wire that money to Ran Guitars. $109 for the US Customs office ransom, I mean, duties and taxes. Total=$1,344 +/- USD, but that is not including the Kahler bridge.

I acually payed a bit more because I gave the Kahler bridge ($180 USD) to Ran for installation and cost $18 USD to mail it there. So my real total=$1,542 USD. Far better than what Jackson quoted my for the same guitar with the same specs; $4,000+ USD... Maybe when I'm a in a super rich metal band?... No, I am staying with Ran forever.

Owning my dream guitar... Priceless

I hope these pics turn out OK.

Sweet.

now I'm confident about buying one, finish looks great, but its a fucking shame I can't try one... but for that kind of cash its just sick!

you knew you had the customs going down on you, its the normal procedure here too when we get something from outside the EU.

BUT! since ran is in the EU I will not have to pay a lot of shipping and it should be here in one-two weeks if its finished. fucking hell, thats awesome, though I guess mine would run up in to the 2-300 bucks category? I'll probably make some changes, but damn, it sounds too good to be true. do you have any sounds samples of your Ran? and how long did it take in total to get it finished (in weeks?)

great thread by the way, I didn't bother to read up on it in the past but I went through all pages today, good shit.

Last edited by Def : 2004-10-13 at 14:07.