MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2005-04-26, 18:09
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Has anyone else got Vader's "The Beast" DVD? I shat myself when I first saw it, Peter was like "and here we have a very fine Ran guitar made by a chap called Dariusz Kuczynski up in Olzstyn."

Heh, I was like "OMFG! They're talking about the guy who's making my guitar, fucking sweet!"

I watch that DVD once a week.

Old 2005-04-26, 18:13
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Hah Def, what's your MSN, we need to talk about Ran!

edmantheruler - thingy- hawtmaildotcum.

Old 2005-04-26, 18:15
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Haha ok cool.

Old 2005-04-26, 21:32
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

MY GUITAR IS READY NEXT WEEK

just sent the final cashflow!

Old 2005-04-26, 21:49
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Awesome

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-04-26, 21:59
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

yeah man I'm totally siked about it now, haha, it's been such a long wait!

Old 2005-04-26, 22:39
ukfswmart
Senior Metalhead

Hey Def, has Dariusz sent you any pics of your finished guitar?

Old 2005-04-26, 22:41
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
yeah man I'm totally siked about it now, haha, it's been such a long wait!

Congratu-fucking-lations man!! I can't wait to see it!

Old 2005-04-26, 22:45
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Old 2005-04-27, 05:09
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfswmart
Hey Def, has Dariusz sent you any pics of your finished guitar?

he will this week, he's finishing it this week and sending it the one after!

Old 2005-04-27, 15:59
Ozzuk
Senior Metalhead

Damm i'm phsyced about my Ran now hope there arent too many delays, still I need a good amp now aswell.

Ozz

Old 2005-04-27, 16:28
Art-Of-Shredding
Senior Metalhead

about time def hope mine doesnt get delayed anymore or I will haveto pay a visit to poland

Old 2005-04-28, 00:44
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Hopefully all the other guitars will come shortly after Def's. I think Def's guitar has delayed everyone else's this year. I bet Big D has been up many sleepless night working on his.

Old 2005-04-28, 07:52
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Hopefully all the other guitars will come shortly after Def's. I think Def's guitar has delayed everyone else's this year. I bet Big D has been up many sleepless night working on his.

haha, don't blame me

Ran has gotten 3 times as many orders as usuall, that's why he's getting delayed, that's what he told me, they're still working with 5 people though. I wonder how many guitars they sell on a yearly basis!

Old 2005-04-28, 10:33
DamageFan6984
Senior Metalhead

Where are you dudes ordering these Rans from. I've looked into them and they look badass. Can someone tell me where to go to order one?

Old 2005-04-28, 10:47
Cosu
Senior Metalhead

Old 2005-04-28, 17:07
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
haha, don't blame me

Ran has gotten 3 times as many orders as usuall, that's why he's getting delayed, that's what he told me, they're still working with 5 people though. I wonder how many guitars they sell on a yearly basis!

Well if they sold 50 a year that would mean they would have to complete about 5 a month. I don't know how much a Euro can buy in Poland if I sold 50 guitars in the US for $1000+ per guitar I would be doing very well.

I bet Metaltabs is the reason Big D has had 3 times the amount of orders this last year. I bet he loves us and I bet other guitars makers hate us Big D has a gold mine going.

Old 2005-04-28, 17:53
HermanRi!
Post-whore

i want a ran custom

looking forward to see pics of everyones ran's

Old 2005-04-28, 21:23
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Well if they sold 50 a year that would mean they would have to complete about 5 a month. I don't know how much a Euro can buy in Poland if I sold 50 guitars in the US for $1000+ per guitar I would be doing very well.

I bet Metaltabs is the reason Big D has had 3 times the amount of orders this last year. I bet he loves us and I bet other guitars makers hate us Big D has a gold mine going.

just got an email from big D, he received my funds within 24 hours, I love internet banking!

usually they have 100 pieces a year, now they've have 70 in 3 months!

they also got offers from music stores in germany, uk and france to make version for their shops, 600 pieces, but since Ran is a pure custom shop, they turned it down!

Dariusz likes to thank Metaltabs.com, he's gotten several orders from this forum!

Old 2005-04-28, 21:27
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
just got an email from big D, he received my funds within 24 hours, I love internet banking!

they also got offers from music stores in germany, uk and france to make version for their shops, 600 pieces, but since Ran is a pure custom shop, they turned it down!

Dariusz likes to thank Metaltabs.com, he's gotten several orders from this forum!

good good
im glad theyre not "selling out" and getting korean slave labourers to mass produce "ran" guitars.
its good because that means the prestiges of having a ran is still there, like people know that if you have a ran, its definately hand made

long live ran
and i hope their prices dont go up tooo much, i still need to get mine

Old 2005-04-28, 23:23
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Dariusz loves us...hahaha. Thats pretty cool. Dammit Def, your guitar is holding mine up god dammit!!!! I can't wait to get my ran.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2005-04-28, 23:52
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def

OMG 70 in 3 months! He is going to be the Bill Gates of Poland soon. My only question is why are those people that ordered Rans not posting pics here? I want pics! My only guess is that Def's guitar is holding the other 70 from being completed I bet he had to hire extra help to finish Def's guitar. I can understand why he would turn down making 600 base line guitars for stores as well. He has so many custom orders, not to mention Defs uber Ran, that he doesn't have to do that, plus I wouldn't think he would have the time either. It would only slow custom orders down greatly. Long Live Big D

Old 2005-04-29, 08:06
ukfswmart
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
My only question is why are those people that ordered Rans not posting pics here?

I can't imagine that everyone who orders a Ran has come from this forum

Old 2005-04-29, 11:44
Cosu
Senior Metalhead

quantity vs quality
i think that's why bid d turned down the 600guitar offer

Old 2005-04-29, 16:00
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfswmart
I can't imagine that everyone who orders a Ran has come from this forum

true. I think a bunch of them does but doesn't posts, only reads up on the thread (40.000+ views)

It's a good thing they aren't bringing out market versions, 600 pieces is too much to make by hand with 5 lads hehe.

Old 2005-04-29, 16:02
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
OMG 70 in 3 months! He is going to be the Bill Gates of Poland soon. My only question is why are those people that ordered Rans not posting pics here? I want pics! My only guess is that Def's guitar is holding the other 70 from being completed I bet he had to hire extra help to finish Def's guitar. I can understand why he would turn down making 600 base line guitars for stores as well. He has so many custom orders, not to mention Defs uber Ran, that he doesn't have to do that, plus I wouldn't think he would have the time either. It would only slow custom orders down greatly. Long Live Big D

Haha, my guitar has been holding others up since October?

I can't wait to see it, just two more weeks, I hope to use it on a gig the 13th, I hope it's here by the time. How long did it take your Ran to arrive Soul? and others?

Old 2005-04-29, 16:11
ukfswmart
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
true. I think a bunch of them does but doesn't posts, only reads up on the thread (40.000+ views)

It's a good thing they aren't bringing out market versions, 600 pieces is too much to make by hand with 5 lads hehe.

I'd love to build guitars for a living... I wonder if Big D is looking for an apprentice

Old 2005-04-29, 16:12
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

About a week to get to the US, but once here Customs held it for over a month. Once out of there it took 2 days. Normally it should have taken less then 2 weeks.

Damn US Customs

Old 2005-04-29, 16:18
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

so how does he send them? ups or something? I guess it shouldn't take more then a week to get from Poland to Holland.

Old 2005-04-29, 16:26
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

He used DHL when he sent mine but he changed to UPS, for US orders anyway, after I had major problems with DHL. UPS will get it to you and just mail a bill for Customs fees while DHL just let my guitar rot at Customs. I also learned that Ran guitars orders just started to go missing while with DHL. Seemed someone figure out what they were and started stealing them.

Old 2005-04-29, 16:29
ukfswmart
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
so how does he send them? ups or something? I guess it shouldn't take more then a week to get from Poland to Holland.

If it took a week to get to the US from Poland, it wouldn't have been sent surface mail. I'd imagine he'd still send it air mail, so you'd probably have it within a week

Old 2005-04-29, 16:34
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Has he sent it yet? If he sent it this morning I would bet that you would have it by Thrusday.

Old 2005-04-29, 17:24
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

No, not yet. he's finishing the guitar himself this week. It will be sent somewhere next week, I'll keep you guys posted!

I hope I don't have to pay customs and shit, I don't think I will have to though because we've basically got open borders in europe. But you never know with customs I guess..

Old 2005-04-29, 17:25
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
He used DHL when he sent mine but he changed to UPS, for US orders anyway, after I had major problems with DHL. UPS will get it to you and just mail a bill for Customs fees while DHL just let my guitar rot at Customs. I also learned that Ran guitars orders just started to go missing while with DHL. Seemed someone figure out what they were and started stealing them.

wow, that's pretty bad, how did you find out about that? where they recovered? it's a good thing they're insured and shit but it would suck if your guitar gets lost!

Old 2005-04-29, 19:11
guitar_demon
MotörCat

I would be fucking pissed off and go kill som fucker at dhs if i paid for it, and waited and waited for that to come then its finally done and you bout jizz your pants and some fucker steals it
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2005-04-29, 20:06
sqol
Post-whore

By my calculations, i should have enough money to order my RAN on June 10th (me birthday coincidentally)... can't wait!

Old 2005-04-29, 20:23
h4x5k8
Post-whore

UPS doesnt really bill you they charge a COD, Check On Delivery, you must write a check for the exact amount us customs charges you to the delivery guy until they will give you the package. Which sucked ass, the guitar came to my door and they said i had to pay 500 dollars before i could get my guitar..... i was like WTF customs shouldnt be 500, so i called and went through a bunch of shit, but eventually got it back the same day.

Old 2005-04-29, 21:18
guitar_demon
MotörCat

did you end up paying 500 or less?

Old 2005-04-29, 21:21
h4x5k8
Post-whore

less

Old 2005-04-30, 00:05
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Better than what I went through with DHL. Paying a Customs fee was not the problem. I payed it as soon as I found out about it, but Customs wouldn't reliese the guitar for many reasons. DHL did nothing to help. All they did was say wait another week. After a while I just started calling peopele everywhere at DHL and Customs to get some detailed info on wtf was the hold up. I got it out of Customs myself. Stupid DHL was like, "How did you do that?"

That is how I learned that Ran guitars where being stolen in France while in route with DHL. A lady asked what it was I had shipped and after I told her it was a custom made guitar she asked if it was a Ran. I was like, "why yes", and she was like, "uh oh", and I was like, "UH OH WHAT!", and then she told me that they had been having them stolen in France lately. My Ran went through France too. I was lucky.

Old 2005-04-30, 21:29
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Better than what I went through with DHL. Paying a Customs fee was not the problem. I payed it as soon as I found out about it, but Customs wouldn't reliese the guitar for many reasons. DHL did nothing to help. All they did was say wait another week. After a while I just started calling peopele everywhere at DHL and Customs to get some detailed info on wtf was the hold up. I got it out of Customs myself. Stupid DHL was like, "How did you do that?"

That is how I learned that Ran guitars where being stolen in France while in route with DHL. A lady asked what it was I had shipped and after I told her it was a custom made guitar she asked if it was a Ran. I was like, "why yes", and she was like, "uh oh", and I was like, "UH OH WHAT!", and then she told me that they had been having them stolen in France lately. My Ran went through France too. I was lucky.

holy shit... yea you are...
i never knew about that france shit... im glad he used UPS, they just need to learn how to do math

Old 2005-05-01, 07:10
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!! I want my Ran!!!

Only 1 Month to go!!!! Damn Def and your crazy Ran....I wanna see mine! Ahhh fuck...I guess when everyone gets their ran, we can have a competition to see who's is the heaviest...haha..that would be cool.

Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
May the best cunt win.

Old 2005-05-01, 16:51
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

It is that last day that you know it is coming that is the wildest. I was about to explode. Then you get it and got to get through 700 layers of bubble wrap lol.

Old 2005-05-01, 17:14
guitar_demon
MotörCat

better safe then sorry though
i would go through 1000 layers if i knew it was in perfect condidtion

Old 2005-05-01, 17:41
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I think I could have thrown it through a window and it would not have been hurt. Big D must have a wharehouse just full of the stuff. He does a great job of wraping it up nicely.

Old 2005-05-01, 18:18
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

I think I'll go ballistic when it shows up on my front door, haha!

Old 2005-05-01, 21:25
HermanRi!
Post-whore

i wish i was good enough to justify getting an exensive guitar

ahwell, at least i can look forward to it in the future

Old 2005-05-02, 07:01
DamageFan6984
Senior Metalhead

where do these guitars get shipped from? And do you have to pay import fees or anything like that?

Last edited by DamageFan6984 : 2005-05-02 at 07:05.

Old 2005-05-02, 07:05
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageFan6984
where do these guitars get shipped from?
out of poland.... lol i saw that little def avatar copy you did.....

Old 2005-05-02, 07:05
DamageFan6984
Senior Metalhead

yea i like that but dont wanna copy

Old 2005-05-02, 07:06
DamageFan6984
Senior Metalhead

Do you know of any places where I can get an avatar like that?

Old 2005-05-02, 07:09
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Do you know of any places where I can get an avatar like that?

look at my profile pic, you can use that but it might be too big, you might have to use a gif resizer thingy....

Old 2005-05-02, 07:10
DamageFan6984
Senior Metalhead

where can I get a gif resizer? lol

Old 2005-05-02, 07:15
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Old 2005-05-02, 07:40
DamageFan6984
Senior Metalhead

I resized it couldn't get it to work... oh well.Thanks anyway.

Old 2005-05-02, 07:54
h4x5k8
Post-whore

ill try sometime

Old 2005-05-02, 17:31
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

my Ran is beeing sent of wednesday. getting pics on wednesday too!

Old 2005-05-02, 18:32
garr1
Post-whore

cant wait to see it.

Old 2005-05-02, 18:41
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by garr1
cant wait to see it.

^

Old 2005-05-02, 20:10
Marliks
New Blood
Banned

This is disgusting. Bodyshapes and necks total BCRich with Ran logo insted of B.C. Rich. Most popular bodyshapes for metal players - and I should call these a great guitars??? Fuck them. They should figure out something original first. Last thing for me to do is to buy this shit whatever cheap it is.

Old 2005-05-02, 20:32
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marliks
This is disgusting. Bodyshapes and necks total BCRich with Ran logo insted of B.C. Rich. Most popular bodyshapes for metal players - and I should call these a great guitars??? Fuck them. They should figure out something original first. Last thing for me to do is to buy this shit whatever cheap it is.

quiet cunt.....

First off, every guitar company copy's everyone elses shape its a fact of life.
The only reason ran does it is because they offer good woods and meterials with your favorite shape at a low cost completley custom, no having to deal with shitty overseas (or asian) mass manufacturing.

http://espguitars.com/images/guitars/eclipseII_vtb.jpg
http://www.gibson.com/products/gibs...suebgh_wall.jpg

or

http://www.gibson.com/products/gibs...ges/sgpt_03.jpg
http://espguitars.com/images/guitars/viper_standard.jpg
I could show you a thousand more copy's to, look at the strat, its like the most widley copied shape ever. Bitch about that.

Second, and no YOU shouldnt call them great guitars, casue YOU havnt played them.

Third, they do have there own original shape, it just disapeared probably cause no one bought it cause everyone wants the "metal' shapes, which is fine.

And yes if you feel that the last thing your going to do is "buy this shit whatever cheap it is" then go ahead...

Dont judge a book by its cover you ignorant fuck, try one before you can trash it, then i might respect your opinions.

Old 2005-05-02, 20:37
DamageFan6984
Senior Metalhead

Good point h4x5k8.

Old 2005-05-02, 20:45
DamageFan6984
Senior Metalhead

Are their any import fees when buying a Ran? How much is shipping?

Old 2005-05-02, 20:47
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
Are their any import fees when buying a Ran? How much is shipping?

yea read the whole thread... youll get everything you need to know.

Old 2005-05-02, 21:24
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Yep good point haks8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
Third, they do have there own original shape, it just disapeared probably cause no one bought it cause everyone wants the "metal' shapes, which is fine.

What, where, and show me pics!

Old 2005-05-02, 21:26
h4x5k8
Post-whore

i tired looking for them.... they took them off the site

Old 2005-05-02, 21:35
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

What did it look like?

Old 2005-05-02, 21:49
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Quote:

Hey, fuck you. You are gay. Go spend $4,000 for a custom BC or ESP...I will spend my $2000 and get an awesome Ran that would be just as good if not better.....fag

EDIT: The baby deleted his post, but I still got his quote.....ass licker

Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:

Quote:
May the best cunt win.

Old 2005-05-02, 21:52
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:
What did it look like?

i dunno fuckin wierd, wait up... http://ranguitars.floriandecher.de/randomShape.html there you go
hahahaha deleted his post

Old 2005-05-02, 22:27
ukfswmart
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
i dunno fuckin wierd, wait up... http://ranguitars.floriandecher.de/randomShape.html there you go
hahahaha deleted his post

That guitar would be an absolute arsehole to play sitting down

Old 2005-05-03, 02:37
KevC
Senior Metalhead

man...after browsing through a few pages of this thread i want a Ran so badly...
btw...what happens if your Ran gets stolen when its getting delivered, is there some type of policy that protects you against that or is it just too bad?

Old 2005-05-03, 03:13
h4x5k8
Post-whore

depends on if you get insurance

Old 2005-05-03, 03:19
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:

Yeah, B.C. Rich invited the flying V body and the Dimebag style too... As for the necks, Ran guitars have a neck profile unlike any other guitar in the world. Ran makes custom guitars in ANY shape body you want, so if you want original them design it and Ran will make it. The ones that you are seeing are the most popular shapes, like all other guitar companies in the world make too.

If you don't like them then that is fine, more for me. Before you say, fuck Ran guitars, play one first so that you might have some sort of base for that opinion. I think you are just a angsty little fuck that just wants to standout by disagreeing with everyone. Funny thing is that you know absolutly nothing about wtf you are saying. So do you know what that makes you? Thats right

BTW, before this thread was bastardized, I had some informative post and pics here about Ran guitars that were moved into a new thread and then closed by another Mod that believed it was a random new Ran Guitar thread. I didn't make that thread and it was closed to evenually disappear into the avchived endless abyss of the Guitar forum with all my pics. I feel cheated that it was closed because it has some really good pics and information.

It doesn't even read correctly because it was taken out of context of this thread and also makes this thread not read right in the first few pages.

For those that care to know and read the post and pics that were seperated from this one:

The Journey of the Soulinsane signature Ran guitar

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2005-05-03 at 03:22.

Old 2005-05-03, 05:50
h4x5k8
Post-whore

yea that thread was hard to read cause you couldnt see what other people were saying...just read this whole thread if you wanna know about rans. we should makethi thread into a book, lol along with the rtt 100

Old 2005-05-03, 17:05
Snitchy
New Blood

Yo!
Just a heads up, my Ran has currently been delayed about 3 weeks now, D keeps saying next week, next week. Only time will tell now. I can't fucking wait, it's going to be amazing!

Old 2005-05-04, 12:21
bestial
New Blood

marliks

you are afraid that ran grows and oneself as known as esp and bcrich? ran guitars it is best price quality !it is very good guitar, it equips: vader, krisiun, decapitated, coalition, remains....
and fucking esp and bc rich korean factory!!!

Old 2005-05-04, 15:46
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
For those that care to know and read the post and pics that were seperated from this one:

The Journey of the Soulinsane signature Ran guitar

Wow, i didn't realise that was yours on the Ran users site! Nice guitar man, i love the trem!

Old 2005-05-04, 16:02
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqol
Wow, i didn't realise that was yours on the Ran users site! Nice guitar man, i love the trem!

Thanks dude I have the only Ran made with a Kahler so far. If I couldn't have that Kahler on there then I would have got a string-thou Tune-O-Matic. Good thing Dariusz can build absolutely any guitar you can dream of, because my dream had a Kahler in it

I had a hell of a time getting that guitar into the US and to my house, but once done I knew how to help Big D and other US Ran ( soon to be ) owners get theirs here much easier. Seems that I was the first of many things:

First Metaltabs Ran owner
First Ran owner to have a Kahler
First Ran owner to order from the US
And first Ran owner to nearly have a mental break down waiting on it to get to me.

Old 2005-05-04, 16:23
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

DEF!!! Ran pics!! Now!

Old 2005-05-04, 16:23
sqol
Post-whore

Yea, i've followed your trauma's of customs etc. took a while to read through this whole thread I keep changing my Ran, my latest desicion is whether i should have offset triangles, or just have the ebony with no inlays... i just can't decide, and now i've just seen that 'Random shape guitar' on the user pages, and im considering that instead of the Cruiser shape i was gonna go for. I've got a while before i've got the money though, so i've got time to decide

By the way, what model is your Kahler?

Old 2005-05-04, 16:52
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Kahler 2300 series.

Mine has brass roller saddles and cam so technically it is a Kahler 2300 Standard and not a 2300 Pro. The 2300 Pro has a steel cam and roller saddles. The variation of the 2300 Pro ( steel parts ) is the 2300 Standard ( brass parts ). The 2300 Standard's actually model number name is the Kahler 2320. It is called either 2320 or 2300 Standard. Both names are correct.

Both the 2300 and 2320 are refered to as Kahler 2300 Pros, because other then the saddle and cam materials they are the same thing. All their parts are 100% interchangable.

The 2300 has a brighter, crisp, high end tone due to the steel.
The 2320 ( mine ) has a warmer, smoother attack, mid range tone due to the brass.

There are other variations of the cams that change the 2300 model #'s again but I will explain that another time.

That concludes the Kahler lesson today kiddies.
As long as it is "Kahler 23something" then you know it rocks.

I hope all that made since. It gets confusing at times.

Old 2005-05-04, 19:15
h4x5k8
Post-whore

thanks for the good explanation, i wanna get a kahler in my next one.

Old 2005-05-04, 19:30
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Hey guys, take a look!

http://www.xs4all.nl/~deffx/Ran/

I hope you like my taste

Old 2005-05-04, 19:33
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Other pics are loading....

But....

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCKING GOD DEF!! That kicks serious ass! What a beauty!

Old 2005-05-04, 19:34
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

Sick Ed, Fucking sick!

Old 2005-05-04, 19:36
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Man, that's the best Ran I've ever seen. (well so far, my Ran's still to come..)

Old 2005-05-04, 19:37
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

hehe! I thought so too! the carved body loops awesome with the maple top!

the colours turned out like I wanted them, so it's all good, can't wait to get my hands on it, somewhere next week!

Old 2005-05-04, 19:39
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Man, that's the best Ran I've ever seen. (well so far, my Ran's still to come..)

I agree but that's just because it's mine. haha.

when's yours due? (soon, right?)

Old 2005-05-04, 19:40
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Yep, supposed to be ready in exactly a month's time, everything's finished, they just need to do the paintjob!

Old 2005-05-04, 19:41
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

ahright, I'm looking forward to it

oh man, some people will try to kill me for my Ran

Old 2005-05-04, 19:50
ManOwaR
Post-whore

damn def that's fucking sick, very, very nice no wonder it took so long!

Old 2005-05-04, 19:54
sqol
Post-whore

w-o-w-! Very nice Def, very nice indeed

Old 2005-05-04, 20:19
guitar_demon
MotörCat

holy shi *jizzes*t fuckign nice nice nice def!!!!!

so big D can do arch tops! thats good to know for the future!!!

Old 2005-05-04, 20:57
garr1
Post-whore

holy f*** dariusz rules

Old 2005-05-04, 21:18
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

indeed he does!

I think I've got the first Ran Soloist type guitar

Old 2005-05-04, 21:20
garr1
Post-whore

is that an ebony fretboard only im having an ebony fretboard on my ran
and i was just wondering exactly what it looks like.

Old 2005-05-04, 21:23
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

yea, that's an Ebony fretboard! I love the way the whole guitar constrasts, the gold with the blue and binding, oww it's so sexy

Old 2005-05-04, 21:31
garr1
Post-whore

one more thing.
could you record some stuff on her in the near future
and post it here only id love to hear her.

and yes very sexy

Old 2005-05-04, 21:32
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Yup, I'll record some stuff once I get it, I do need my own amp+cab though to make it sound decent. Maybe I'll get some live pics saturday the 13th, I should have it by then so I'm going to use it live straight away!

Old 2005-05-04, 21:36
garr1
Post-whore

cant wait dude.
i bet the crowd will love her.