MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2004-10-12, 12:28
Anaroth
New Blood

Post YOUR band

I dont know which forum this belongs to, so mods, please shift in case this is the wrong place to post such a thread!

I have a band called Narsil, not very original yes, but I liked the sound of it, so...

here's the link: www.one97.net/upload/golu/

Please download the "death comprendez" track. No vocals as yet, only instruments. Mixed/recorded at home.

Mostly soft rock this is, nothing hard or heavy as most people seem to like it, though it might appeal to death metal fans(for some vague reason people keep telling me my music appeals to death metal fans - cant for the world figure out why!).

We're from India, and currently a 2 member band - both of us guitarists, and the drums and bass are programmed - nothing fancy, just some very basic stuff!

Would appreciate some feedback!

Influences: Beatles, Eagles, some modern girl/boy bands, glam rock, and some nu-metal!

P.S. - Ryan Parry rules! I can't figure out why you guys bash the poor kid so much, he's just trying to do what he feels is music, and I really relate to his music. In fact, he was the main reason why I started writing songs in the first place!

Old 2004-10-12, 14:09
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

corrodedwhat's with the new name?
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2004-10-13, 04:34
corroded
Post-whore

thats not me

thats the other guitarist...please dont flame the poor guy he's yet to learn the wicked ways of metaltabs

Old 2004-10-13, 05:49
Anaroth
New Blood

gah shetty!! i forgot about ur wimpy ass here! Ah well anyway, it was a lame attempt at a joke, flame me all you want, it's fun any way!

We're death metal, right in your face, and i'm the other guitarist, producer, drum programmer whatnot, and corroded is the shred maestro...

we have yet to record vocals, whch should be sometime soon, but for now this is all we have! Produced at home et all!!

Pardon my lame ass post<which would have been fun if corroded had not already made u guys hear it!!!> but would definately like some feedback!

Cheerio!

Old 2004-10-16, 16:44
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I tell you what. I've listened to 2 songs and the drum solo and you've got a kick ass sound. And I'm an old lady ! The one I'm listening to now reminds me of a cross between Metallica and Cannibal Corpse. haha I like the way you use dissonance in Track 1 vox about 4 :30 into the piece.
Very solid, tight sound. It doesn't sound like just noise. And for doing it at home it's really good. I fought with Audacity for awhile just trying to do a simple recording which I managed to do and it's lost somewhere in my pc now ! haha

Nice job though.

I have a very good friend in Calcutta that's studying guitar, but he's not into playing shred yet. Is New Delhi anywhere near there?

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2004-10-18, 04:45
corroded
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
I tell you what. I've listened to 2 songs and the drum solo and you've got a kick ass sound. And I'm an old lady ! The one I'm listening to now reminds me of a cross between Metallica and Cannibal Corpse. haha I like the way you use dissonance in Track 1 vox about 4 :30 into the piece.
Very solid, tight sound. It doesn't sound like just noise. And for doing it at home it's really good. I fought with Audacity for awhile just trying to do a simple recording which I managed to do and it's lost somewhere in my pc now ! haha

Nice job though.

I have a very good friend in Calcutta that's studying guitar, but he's not into playing shred yet. Is New Delhi anywhere near there?

thanx for putting up with our stuff

calcutta is some 1000 km from new delhi...its east india while we are in the north.

Old 2004-10-18, 16:00
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I've not only listened to your stuff myself, I've told some of my friends about you guys at the other forum I frequent and sent them your music web address.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2004-10-18, 16:10
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

haven't had time to listen yet, but this shouldn't be here, lol. maybe I should move this to bands?

Old 2004-10-18, 20:00
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yeah, you could do that. I'm kinda glad it was here though, but if you have the ability to leave the title here and yet still transfer it. That might be a possiblility, too. You're the king of this castle. It's all yours !

Old 2004-10-18, 20:05
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

By the way, Def, I think there's another thread here that should be transferred that has nothing to do with lyrical writing or poetry anymore and is continuing to overshadow legitimate versical threads and throw others to a page back.
Just my opinion.

Old 2004-10-19, 03:56
corroded
Post-whore

and def thanks for moving the thread & not deleting it

Old 2004-12-22, 15:10
dismalrealitynone
New Blood

Post Post YOUR band

Please post a band youre in or were in. Include things like what kinda metal you play and who influences you. Also what bands you think you sound most like...

Old 2004-12-22, 15:32
Mania
Senior Metalhead

Does it count if it's just one or two people?
If so then I'm lead guitarist/bassist at the moment in a band influenced by Burzum, Mayhem and Abruptum for a very evil atmosphere. There's only two of us and as yet we haven't got a drummer but we're working on it. We sound very much like Emperor in the guitar riffs. Otherwise, I don't know who the vocalist sounds like, he's got a sound of his own in my opinion.

Nothing is too sick R.I.P Euronymous

WILL THE WORLD JUST SHUT UP ABOUT VARG VIKERNES!!

Old 2004-12-22, 18:06
Myrmidonlord666
Senior Metalhead

www.myspace.com/myrmidon an old rehearsal recording, we will be updating with some new shit

Its old School Death metal type shit Enjoy!
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
it was too hifi for me...
it's like a hot chick that is horrible in bed.

Old 2004-12-22, 19:14
Anubis
Supreme Metalhead

Ok, but I'm sure I've done this before.

I was in a band called Dark Demise (Yes. The name does suck.) for a few years. I wrote none of the music, and played for the shit of it. We mainly played covers, until our guitarist and drummer began to develop and unhealthy love for hardcore. We split up because our singer is mormon and is going on his mission soon. We probably sounded like every other metal cover band ever created by a group of highschool friends.

I was also in a band called Neverending War (I know, the names just get better and better.) in which we played almost straight hardcore. I don't even have a passing interest in most hardcore, and did this because the guys in the band are my friends. We sounded like hardcore, with enough metal to keep me temporarily satisfied. This band is still around, but I'm no longer in it, as I've got petty things like school, my abhorrent lady situation, and believe it or not, a METAL band I helped create getting in the way.

I play bass, by the way.

Ok, now on to Necroscope. Necroscope is the current incarnation of what was once Anubis. Now, we found that there are several other bands named Anubis, and figured we needed a new name. Our rythm guitarist loves Brian Lumley's work, so we went with Necroscope. We formed in August of 2000, and play a coherent blend of power, (Our rythm guitarist, Brett's stuff) death, (Our singer Shawn's stuff), and thrash (My stuff). Now, we are currently preparing for our first show, at a Hip-Hop showcase in January at my high school. Yep, thrash at a Hip-Hop show. We hope to record a demo over either spring break, or this coming summer. We should have one done, as we have roughly six or seven songs, but our soon to be ex-drummer does crack, and is about as reliable as, hmmmm, a crack addict. To describe our sound is hard, as teh individual sounds often meld into something that we like to think is at least somewhat original. The stuff I write is more often than not, highly influenced by Overkill, Kreator, Megadeth, and, on occasion King Diamond. Brett's stuff is often Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Gamma Ray, and Children of Bodom style stuff. Our singer, Shawn, worships pretty much all that is stereotypical of a black/death lover. He listens to a shitload of Gorgoroth, Burzum, and Immortal, as well as stuff like Kataklysm, Dissection, and Borknagar. He also worships the ground that Gothenburg was built upon, so take that as you will. Our lead guitarist hasn't written much, but he loves punk and thrash, so him and I usually agree.

And there you have it. There are four metal bands in my town, and I'm involved with three of them.
And then sing it with a passion
Painted faces in a circus
Images they brings to mind
When I read my Penny Dreadful
Filled with pictures of your kind

Old 2004-12-30, 01:07
Amon rA
Senior Metalhead

i played guitar in a band that fell apart because everyone apart from the drummer quite or got sacked. we had a pull of 200 after doing two gigs though.
now im in a band called Amon rA. we are the egyptian vanhalen/ironmaiden/ozzyozbourne/pantera. (im not egyptian. but i met someone who went to egypt once. i think. van halens just in there for humor)

i have a band that does deathmetal covers of the darkness. a band that does self written death metal, a band that does stadium rock like meatloaf or guns n roses. and about a million cheesy bands called things like axe attack, or sons of thunder. or lightening bolt. all of which have compulsary spandex dress codes. oh and im the only member as of yet.

one day i hope to get a life
"The complexity of the penguins' lifestyle testifies to a Divine Creator," said one commentator on Christian Answers. "To think that natural selection or even the penguins themselves could come up with the idea to migrate miles and miles multiple times each year without their partner or their offspring is a bit insulting to my intellect. How great is our God!"

Old 2004-12-30, 02:26
Transient
HES BAAACK

i play guitar in excoriated with lamb of god \m/ and metalthrasingmad

we do thrash and death metal covers...and we're starting to write

Old 2004-12-30, 02:31
Dystopia
Post-whore

Me and my friend are starting up a thrash/grind/death/crapcore band. We don't plan on taking it seriously or anything. We don't TRY to suck, but we don't try too hard to be good either. We are thinking about covering Iron Man and/or Raining Blood, but we aren't sure. Maybe just for fun we will but possibly not at shows. The lyrics are funny as shit. Extremly random. The music is quite quick, a little powerchordy every now and then (not my fault), and about a hundred other words I could use to describe it.

I play drums/microphone, he plays guitar/backups and, hopefully in at least one song, trombone.

Old 2004-12-30, 15:46
Disincarnate
But why is the rum gone ?

i play bass n was in a band called inherited curse......we played maiden,bodom,death.......the band is stilll around....but now they play stuff like metallica,maiden,megadeth

my current band is called homicide(think the name sux.....but the guitarist is hellbent on keepin it)...its a 3 peice band.....we play mainly self comps......influenced mainly by cryptopsy,death,cephalic carnage,cock and ball torture etc....we are basically a "grind band with death influence and gore lyrics"

im also in this jazz-death metal band called sadistic......it basiically a side project of mine and the 2 guitarists of inherited curse and are in a search for a drummer

Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely

Quote:
Guitarists are just people who could Never make it as a Bassist

www.riversofgore.com

Join The Forum CUNT

Old 2004-12-30, 16:05
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

I'm in few bands, and its pretty much all of the same members (we are into alot of different genres, and it wouldn't be right to not make the types of music we love, right? Right. )

Advent - Progressive/Doom Metal. Mostly Opeth-ish and other doom influenced music. This is the only band we've actually recorded stuff on. My drummer and I are not releasing any of it until we finish our demo... eventually... er... once we stop dicking around with the next 2 bands.

PMD (Purple Monkey Dishwasher) - Stoner Metal whose name comes from an episode of the Simpsons where Homer mutters something and says "Purple Monkey Dishwasher" after it. hehe. Its pretty much a jam band, but we are looking to add someone on vocals.

Dying Sun - A black metal band that was born out of a bet about 2 weeks ago. I set out to prove that I could write a good black metal ep and record it in less than a months time. I started writing a week ago, so I've got 3 weeks left. We have all songs pretty much written, and we might record on Saturday. Hehe. This should be fun. The name of the band is a joke, and not meant to be taken seriously. "Dying Sun" comes from Darkthrone's "A Blaze in the Northern Sky:"

"...of a Devoid Dying Sun"

Awesome.

Old 2004-12-30, 22:10
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Oooh, you just wait. Just wait.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2004-12-31, 00:43
Dystopia
Post-whore

I forgot to say, the band with me and my friend is called Project Blowjob. If anyone cares...

Old 2004-12-31, 21:12
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

nope. not at all

Old 2004-12-31, 21:19
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Oooh, you just wait. Just wait.

Who? Me?

Awesome.

Old 2004-12-31, 21:29
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

I just started a band called A Beautiful Corpse. I do all the vocals but I did do both vocals and bass. We are death/grind/hardcore influenced by Terminally Her Aborted Ghost, Dying Fetus, Exhumed, Heaven Shall Burn, As I Lay Dying, and Vehemence. We are trying to record a demo pretty soon. We already have some songs
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2005-01-01, 01:32
societys finest
Supreme Metalhead

i have a hardcore band called "in her loving memory" were fixing to record soo ill post some songs when we do.

Old 2005-01-01, 13:11
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Motorslet -> motorhead tribute, things starting to work out pretty ok.

unfinnished site, with audio though: www.satan.herejezus.nl/index.htm

Old 2005-01-01, 22:01
HermanRi!
Post-whore

man i love that track you have on this website: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/narsil.htm

pure awesomeness

so have you actually got a drummer yet or is that software or sumthing else? the druming is fucking awesome man.
what about a vocalist, you got one of those?

Old 2005-01-01, 22:30
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Wow, I really fucked up here. I was attempting to merge Corroded Soul's band thread with this one and I messed up somewhere. I'm really sorry, re-post if your post was deleted.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2005-01-02, 16:57
wyldbil
New Blood

No sales pitch, just go to the site and decide for yourself. I will say that work on my album has been suspended for a couple of months due to health problems. (mine)

www.wyldbil.com

Old 2005-01-03, 00:12
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

jesus, chad walls is in your band!

Old 2005-01-03, 06:00
melodicdeath
New Blood

Temporary name - "Enuma"

My guitarist has recently fell in love with Between the Buried and Me, but still loves stuff like Lamb of God, In Flames, and Pantera, but also likes some crappier bands like Atreyu and the Killers (yuck). He does vocals too - his growling gets better every practice.

My bassist plays pretty simple lines, but also comes up with some Iron Maiden and Tool type riffs sometimes. He's kind of lazy on expanding his ability, but is capable.

I'd say my biggest influences in developing my style are Adrian & Daniel Erlandsson and Nicholas Barker. I'm too technical because I'm self-taught, but I have a pretty good ear (can't write tabs for shit though).

Hard to think of who we sound like though. I guess kinda like Bleeding Through, but a lot faster and with better guitar riffs.

Old 2005-01-03, 20:50
Knight
Senior Metalhead
Banned

When we get some mp3's on the internet, i'll post them.

Name: Vulgarity
Genre: Death Metal
Influences: Wormed, Suffocation, Behemoth, Suffocation, Gorerotted, Yattering, Disgorge, Psycroptic, Cryptopsy, Immolation.

Guitar: A friend
Bass: Me
Drums: A Friend
Vocals: Phlegeton(not really but he sounds just like him)

Old 2005-01-03, 23:00
wyldbil
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
jesus, chad walls is in your band!

So,I am guessing you know Chad? Great guy, MONSTER drummer.

Old 2005-01-20, 09:55
corroded
Post-whore

NARSIL update...tracks 2 & 3 up for download...no vox yet

Old 2005-01-20, 15:30
damonta
Senior Metalhead

I have a band called Ruf Diamondz. It's the bass players band and he thought of the name. We play classic rock and I play guitar. We've got a girl singer whose 27, a 18 yr old drummer, and the bass players like 46.

Old 2005-01-20, 15:42
SpiritCrusher
Senior Metalhead

I've had a band for like 3 years but we split up because the bassist couldn't parctice anymore for some reasons, and we had trouble finding a drummer. But I started since a new project called "Bleeding Organs" which is a funny name in my opinions because of its total unoriginality (it reminds me of like a thousand band names I've already heard). It's mainly me who's playing guitars and bass and programming the drum machine. On the first track of that new band, I'm singing, but my shitty voice will soon be replaced by my friend's voice which is much more brutal and powerful (right now he's gone to Morocco, but as soon as he comes back we re-record "Carve and Masticate" and my next song, called "Belching Putrid Flesh"). Here's a link for the mp3s :
http://www.bandlookup.com/post/artist.php?aid=2027

Have fun.

Old 2005-01-21, 01:26
The Execrator
Noob lud

Knight, your band sounds awsome but it looks like i wont be hearing you anytime soon because your banned for some odd reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-01-21, 09:10
VizThisAl
Metalhead

Vizulize This - Songs

My band is Vizulize This (pretty crap name i know)
We were formed about 3 years ago and we play death/grind, i don't know what to call it , we are influenced by many genres death, thrash, grind so we don't really fit in to any one genre.

These songs are from the very first batch of songs we done and was recorded and mixed inside 10 hours, hence the pretty crap quality.

Our drummer never played drums before we started the band and i didn't have that much song writing experience and i find myself the main song writer now. We are still very much learning new things and i hope you can appreciate our stuff!

Last edited by VizThisAl : 2005-01-21 at 12:26.

Old 2005-01-21, 10:37
Darkenelf
Supreme Metalhead

When we get some mp3's on the internet, i'll post them.

Name: Svadilfari
Genre: Viking/Folk Metal
Influences: Korpiklaani, Ensiferum, Thyrfing, Falkenbach, Moonsorrow, Forefather, Cruachan etc...

Lead-Guitar: Myself
Rhytm Guitar: A Friend
Tin Whistle/Flute: A Friend
Bass: No-one yet
Drums: A Friend
Vocals: A Girlfriend

p.s.
I stole the layout of Knight, cost me lots op typing...im lazy...

Join the hordes!!

Old 2005-01-21, 11:21
Brutally_Hacked
Senior Metalhead

In a band with a name undecided.... but Acrimonious MudShark seems to have been generally agreed upon. People who've heard Zappa would understand that one...

We've got a very strange sound, coz everyone listens to different types of music. Im mainly into metal, bunch of my friends are into punk but they've heard and appreciate the greatness of metal (bass player loves it too). The music we play is neither full on metal nor punk though, which is strange. It's just stuff we wrote, i reckon it rules.

We have the growly vocals goin on coz our singer, she's got balls. She plays guitar too, bloody good at it. Awesome bass player, a drummer that beats the hell out of the drums in an excellent way (shes very insane on the drums, its kickass), and me with guitar doin lead.

Yet to record anything other than tapes which sucks, but we have shitloads of tapes. We're in the process of sending them off to Uncle Phil who I've never met but is a legend. (hes in a band called the conrays, ive never heard the band properly, but yeah, he must hear the music we make coz he'd appreciate it).

First gig is comin up in april. It'll rule. Must film it, coz it'll rule so much.

Old 2005-01-21, 16:42
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by corroded

Thats going to sond good with vocals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-01-21, 17:14
Disincarnate
But why is the rum gone ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corroded

im surprised you hardly ever mention Acrid Semblance.....oh and i think you guys should play hallowed be thy name (cof version) on shows...i.e if u do covers any longer

Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely

Quote:
Guitarists are just people who could Never make it as a Bassist

www.riversofgore.com

Join The Forum CUNT

Old 2005-01-21, 17:47
ihave27frets
Senior Metalhead

I play lead guitar in THE ABSENCE. We are in the process of signing a 4 album with METAL BLADE WORLDWIDE. We will be entering Mana Studios (Eric Ruttan,Hate Eternal) in march to record our full-length. Ill start posting new song samples as soon as i have them.

Old 2005-01-22, 04:22
corroded
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disincarnate
im surprised you hardly ever mention Acrid Semblance.....

thats for certain reasons. and CoF is DEFINITELY not on our 'list'

Old 2005-01-26, 18:06
Bones98
Post-whore

Well I just quit my recent band Genital Grinder and now I'm only working and playing around with my band Masokist...

In Masokist we play grind core but with a huge sense of humor and spontaneous antics. Its one of the most craziest shit people will hear, but in every album we plan on releasing their are a few serious gore-grind songs we record with drum machine and with real drums.

We got a few songs out on our site which are the crazy funny ones, but in about a few days we're gonna record our goregrind material.. Its gonna be sick as fuck.

btw, the website needs updating but soon new songs, pics, and other shit will be added.
www.masokist.tk

Old 2005-01-26, 18:07
Bones98
Post-whore

Well I just quit my recent band Genital Grinder and now I'm only working and playing around with my band Masokist...

In Masokist we play grind core but with a huge sense of humor and spontaneous antics. Its one of the most craziest shit people will hear, but in every album we plan on releasing their are a few serious gore-grind songs we record with drum machine and with real drums.

We got a few songs out on our site which are the crazy funny ones, but in about a few days we're gonna record our goregrind material.. Its gonna be sick as fuck.

btw, the website needs updating but soon new songs, pics, and other shit will be added.
www.masokist.tk

Old 2005-01-26, 18:15
josh_smith09
Metalhead
Banned

My band is called Mortalis were from Manitoba Canada, www.purevolume.com/mortalismb its not the best recording but good enough to release an ep, tell me what ya think.

Old 2005-01-30, 02:09
Hell_On_High_Heels
New Blood

i enjoy my band

I'm in a band called School Girl Knife Fight. www.myspace.com/schoolgirlknifefight. The song currently up is a rough version of our first song. The intro lasts about 1:50, then the song starts up. If you like it, expect a MUCH better quality version of that song plus one or two more on Feb. 8. Our influences include The Black Dahlia Murder, Remembering Never, As I Lay Dying, and others. The way I would describe us, espescially our newest songs, take The Black Dahlia Murder guitar riffs, add some breakdowns, make the drumming not as good (Cory Grady is really good. Our drummer is nowhere close to him), and make the vocals really manly. I don't know. We're all 16-17 years old. Post comments

Old 2005-02-01, 09:44
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Hey guys, in the process of recording a CD with my new band, we are 25 minutes into the Full mix, which Im hoping will total an hour. We've laid down 14 tracks, but some tracks have more than one song, Eg. Song # 8 is named '5 songs' for obvious reasons. Another has been named '20 Songs' for yet more obvious reasons. Anyone that likes Anal Cunt but shitter will like this. Having a great time, I'll let y'all know when It's done. If anyone wants a sample you can just PM me on any messenger or anything.

Cheers.

Old 2005-02-04, 19:31
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

Name: Art Immolate
Genre: Melodic Death Metal
Bass: Me
Wore her out before I could finish(which im grateful for)

Funeral Mulch; My brutal death metal band from West Michigan.

Old 2005-02-05, 01:08
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Update:

I wrote a 5 Part demo for ADVENT. We just got a bassist and rhythm guitarist/violinist (who happens to be my ex...). The demo is a mix of Doom Metal and acoustic guitar. It sounds pretty good so far, but we've only got the guitars. We hope to have everything done and recorded by Late August. We'll put up a site when we finally start jamming the demo instead of just writing it. That way we know we have something.

Awesome.

Old 2005-02-07, 08:23
ThroneofbahoS
Senior Metalhead

I have a grind\spermcore band called Anal Amputation
We have no sites or music in web yet, but I'll post it here as soon as we get our first demo cd done.

Old 2005-02-23, 23:03
MakeshiftBass
New Blood

Makeshift Faith: Music from the Swamp

Makeshift Faith is a southern metal band from Powersville, GA. They are heavily influenced by Pantera, Metallica, Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, BLS, etc. Their website has gotten over 67000 hits in around six months. Check it out and dl the four-song demo.
http://www.makeshift-faith.com/phpnuke/index.php

Old 2005-02-23, 23:57
Kylito
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidonlord666
www.myspace.com/myrmidon an old rehearsal recording, we will be updating with some new shit

Its old School Death metal type shit Enjoy!

A little shaky in spots, but I liked it bro. It's got good pit potential...

Old 2005-02-24, 23:19
Father Death
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher
I've had a band for like 3 years but we split up because the bassist couldn't parctice anymore for some reasons, and we had trouble finding a drummer. But I started since a new project called "Bleeding Organs" which is a funny name in my opinions because of its total unoriginality (it reminds me of like a thousand band names I've already heard). It's mainly me who's playing guitars and bass and programming the drum machine. On the first track of that new band, I'm singing, but my shitty voice will soon be replaced by my friend's voice which is much more brutal and powerful (right now he's gone to Morocco, but as soon as he comes back we re-record "Carve and Masticate" and my next song, called "Belching Putrid Flesh"). Here's a link for the mp3s :

Have fun.

CARVE AND MASTICATE!!!! masticate is such a great word. good song, definate skill going on in there. i expected nothing less from someone who tabs Martyr and Spawn. if you ever find a drummer, and my band finds a drummer, we should play some shows together. i'd post an MP3 of my band but i don't think metaltabs will let me.

Old 2005-02-25, 18:30
Tulvox
Post-whore

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/prowessmusic.htm

My friend and I have some songs up. Currently we are drummer/vox-less though...We are maybe more thrashy than some of you would like, but I wont try to win 'em all.

www.maddox.xmission.com

Old 2005-02-26, 03:10
Fat Bastard
New Blood

OK OK, I'll tell you.
Im in a band called Attrition. we're influence by a lot of Pi Destroyer stuff, along with Nile, DEP, Cryptosy, Dying Fetus, Cattle Decapitation, the Haunted, a lot of Grindcore.

Right now we're a three piece, i play guitar, My brother plays drumms, and my friend sings. We're currently looking for a bass player. haven't gotten a lot of responces. by the way, Arizona is in USA.

Don't have a website up. hope to have a demo out with a melodic death metal band called Disregard may. Doesn't sound like death metal does it? My brother is drumming for that band too, and my friend is guitarist for that band. and I sing in that band. theyre a five piece.

My brother is pissed at me because we would have had a bassist\singer and maybe another guitarsist. after Mybrother and I made five songs, these two but holes show up and sort of take me for granted. And I said, "No, FUCK you! This is my band, and i'm not gonna let your pothead friends fuck it up." cus thats what they were. plus they didn't even have any real gear.

I'd sing and play along with a bass player if we had one, but right now id probably make an ass of myself

Old 2005-02-26, 05:29
Agent-Orange
Post-whore

I have 2 one man joke bands(in my sig) and 3 other bands with people in them.

10 Ft Tinny is the band I put most time into, it is influenced mainly by DVDA. We have one song written, but not recorded. It is mainly rock.

I have a serious grindcore band called Filthy Subhumans, and a thrash/Death band called Krieg Hammer. Nothing really written for Krieg Hammer yet. I am guitarist for all the bands.

Old 2005-02-26, 06:00
7-string warlord
Post-whore

I am in a 3 piece right now. We used to play grunge but we all decided to move on to metal(it's kinda hard to describe our sound)
In the band i play guitar and sing(but my vocal chords get trashed cuz my old singer was a dick-wad and would'nt teach me how to scream right)
My little bro plays bass
and some other guy is the drummer
We have no name and 10 original songs i will put on my website when it is finished

Old 2005-02-26, 06:06
Kylito
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-Orange
10 Ft Tinny is the band I put most time into, it is influenced mainly by DVDA.

That's really all the influence you need in life. If you record something, please post it...

Old 2005-02-26, 06:53
Bones98
Post-whore

HEy guys check out my 1 man gore/death/grind band.. One of the most brutal shit to come from where I live.
www.myspace.com/necrofuckinglicious
we have songs available to hear, and a demo will be released soon.

Old 2005-02-26, 08:06
Agent-Orange
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylito
That's really all the influence you need in life. If you record something, please post it...

For sure man, when we get some decent recording gear.

Old 2005-02-26, 15:15
Necro_Butcher
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones98
HEy guys check out my 1 man gore/death/grind band.. One of the most brutal shit to come from where I live.
www.myspace.com/necrofuckinglicious
we have songs available to hear, and a demo will be released soon.

\m/

Old 2005-02-28, 19:14
Bones98
Post-whore

My band released brand new mp3s that were recorded today...
check them out!!! www.myspace.com/necrofuckinglicious
brutal slam gore!!!

Old 2005-03-01, 00:27
SpiritCrusher
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Death
CARVE AND MASTICATE!!!! masticate is such a great word. good song, definate skill going on in there. i expected nothing less from someone who tabs Martyr and Spawn. if you ever find a drummer, and my band finds a drummer, we should play some shows together. i'd post an MP3 of my band but i don't think metaltabs will let me.

Hey thanks for the comment !
New song here if you liked the previous. It's called "Belching Putrid Flesh".

New one coming soon, with REAL vocals this time.

P.S. For your mp3, just create an account on bandlookup.com like I did, it's free.

Old 2005-03-01, 00:39
Father Death
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

UUUURGHHHH!!!!!?!?!?

yeah man, thats good shit. the last half of the song rules! started cool, then it went down a bit, then around 2:00 or so that wicked cool riff came in and the song continued and kicked ass till the end.

Old 2005-03-01, 08:03
I Play Drums
Metalhead

Check it out, we're from California. www.myspace.com/skiesburnblack

Old 2005-03-01, 08:17
Kylito
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Play Drums
Check it out, we're from California. www.myspace.com/skiesburnblack

That's some good shit there Carlos. You guys ever drive down to San Diego for a gig or do you stick to the Corona area?

Old 2005-03-01, 08:33
I Play Drums
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylito
That's some good shit there Carlos. You guys ever drive down to San Diego for a gig or do you stick to the Corona area?

Well, right now we are based in Ontario and are mainly trying to get gigs locally. We are probably going to make a few more songs before venturing out But playing San Diego would be awesome, maybe one day! Thanks for the kind words!

Old 2005-03-01, 15:50
Bones98
Post-whore

ahaha, Shrill is one of ur myspace friends, I know the singer in that band, I used to work at the same place as he did, he was pretty dope, he liked my band and was into all this music, good guys.

Old 2005-03-02, 03:46
I Play Drums
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones98
ahaha, Shrill is one of ur myspace friends, I know the singer in that band, I used to work at the same place as he did, he was pretty dope, he liked my band and was into all this music

I checked out your band man. It's some good shit. I would definitely blast that while driving around trying to find a parking spot at the crowded-ass school I go to. Keep it up, and maybe I could get a demo sometime?

Last edited by I Play Drums : 2005-03-02 at 03:49.

Old 2005-03-03, 15:12
Bones98
Post-whore

sure dude, I got a demo all complete... just email me ur address at Brutalvannuys@yahoo.com and Ill send it ASAP

Old 2005-03-03, 17:06
Slabbefusk
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

I'm in a band which plays skatepunk, I hate it and I think its boring but the other guys have told me we can play some metal. I'm not sure if I want to stay man the other guitarist comes up with supercorny riffs and acts heavey when playing them, omfg. I guess you could call it EMO but fuck that. We don't have a name yet...

I want to play Death or Thrash man!

Old 2005-03-03, 19:19
Kylito
Supreme Metalhead

Stand your ground man. Just start making fun of the other guy's riffs and poser moves. Maybe he'll come around or maybe they'll kick his ass out.

Old 2005-03-03, 20:20
Bones98
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabbefusk
I'm in a band which plays skatepunk, I hate it and I think its boring but the other guys have told me we can play some metal. I'm not sure if I want to stay man the other guitarist comes up with supercorny riffs and acts heavey when playing them, omfg. I guess you could call it EMO but fuck that. We don't have a name yet...

I want to play Death or Thrash man!

hes just into different music man, you should politely kick him out saying that you guys want a different musical approach.

Old 2005-03-06, 01:20
Father Death
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow Remnants of a Deity

Remnants of a Deity finally has a song on CD.

go to http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/r...adeitymusic.htm to check it out.

I wrote the song, and play bass on it. Memnoch plays guitar and does vocals on it. there is a second guitarist in the band, and we used a drum machine for the recording since our drummer can't figure out how to play it yet.

Last edited by Father Death : 2005-03-06 at 13:32.

Old 2005-03-06, 02:16
SpiritCrusher
Senior Metalhead

Good stuff ! A better drum sound would enhance the overall sound quality of the song though, what did you use for that one ?

Old 2005-03-06, 02:24
younguitarist
Post-whore

"The Ian Mader Experience" . I did the crappy drum programing and Ian (CANNIBALCORPSE) played guitar. http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/M...0_000025190.mp3

Here's a demo of some project I'm working.http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/M...8_000026025.mp3
I'll try to upload the other one tomorrow. The drums are a drum machine. Enjoy

Old 2005-03-06, 02:25
I Play Drums
Metalhead

I like the vocals too Father Death. Very powerful and solid.
| ``````E-FIGHTS```````|
| ````````ARE``````````l
| ``````HILARIOUS``````|
| `````````````````````l
'--------------Ooo-------'
````````|__|__|
`````````||`||
````````ooO Ooo

Old 2005-03-06, 05:02
Kylito
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by younguitarist
Here's a demo of some project I'm working.http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/M...8_000026025.mp3

That was fucking awesome younguitarist...

Old 2005-03-06, 05:14
SmotPoker
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
"The Ian Mader Experience" . I did the crappy drum programing and Ian (CANNIBALCORPSE) played guitar. http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/M...0_000025190.mp3

dude that is fucking sick, keep that shit up. i wanna here more of your songs as soon as you get em done

Old 2005-03-06, 05:41
SpiritCrusher
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

Dude, add some vocals to it and I'd buy it.

Old 2005-03-06, 05:59
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:

Dude, this Ian person sucks at guitar

And I still am amazed on how much your track kicks ass. I'm so moving to texas so we can jam!

Old 2005-03-06, 13:31
Father Death
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

yeah that track is cool, but way too short.

Old 2005-03-06, 13:37
Father Death
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Play Drums
I like the vocals too Father Death. Very powerful and solid.

thanks man. your band is alright too. i only listened to one song, but i'll go back and check out the rest later.

Old 2005-03-06, 14:21
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

younguitarist: That fucking rocks.

Old 2005-03-06, 19:26
younguitarist
Post-whore

Thanks everyone!

Here's the 2nd one. It's about 2 minutes long. http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/M...0_000026210.mp3

Old 2005-03-06, 20:08
Kalmahswamp
Post-whore

Quote:
Thanks everyone!

Here's the 2nd one. It's about 2 minutes long. http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/M...0_000026210.mp3

NICE!

http://s15.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...QA1YAF39JET5HNQ

Heh, thats my DOOOOM solo project

Old 2005-03-06, 20:52
SmotPoker
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Thanks everyone!

that drum program kicks ass, what kind are you using?

Old 2005-03-06, 21:07
younguitarist
Post-whore

I didn't program it some guy did it for me. All I know is that it's called "drum kit from hell".
Here's more info. http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml...phtml?sku=TT100

Old 2005-03-06, 22:08
Father Death
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

Young G - well done.

Kalma - ncie try.

we should make a metaltabs compilation CD w/the best original songs by members. then sell it at the shop, or just give away free copies w/every purchase over x amount. or just give 'em away for any purchase period.

Old 2005-03-06, 23:30
Kylito
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
we should make a metaltabs compilation CD w/the best original songs by members. then sell it at the shop, or just give away free copies w/every purchase over x amount. or just give 'em away for any purchase period.

That's a good idea. Figure $1 for manufacturing + $2 for Metal Tabs + $2 for royalties split between the artists = $5 per CD plus S&H.

Or you could set up a free download server for promotion of forum member's bands. Set up a review board (10 or so members with diverse tastes) who decide what songs are good enough for the server and then rank them by forum member's votes.

Old 2005-03-07, 02:36
corroded
Post-whore

@father death - that is a good idea man...just that production would have to be kept in mind \m/

Old 2005-03-07, 04:04
SpiritCrusher
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Thanks everyone!

I prefered the first "song". You have plenty of good riffs, but without a voice, it's harder to judge correctly what's going on.

Old 2005-03-07, 04:11
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

Quote:
Young G - well done.

Kalma - ncie try.

Didn't nomad have only 2 sales though? One pick to MetalPoldi and one shirt to MetalPoldi??
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2005-03-08, 02:55
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Ahh, the latest single From "The Ian Mader Experience"
With, of course, Ian Mader on guitar
and Alvaro Ramirez on the drum machine

new song

Old 2005-03-08, 03:05
Father Death
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

man thats obviously just a "look what i can do" one off recording. random riffs thrown together w/no structure. half of the song doesn't even go well w/the drums. the solo stuff was cool at the end, but don't go around trying to pass this off as a song. for shame.

Old 2005-03-08, 04:15
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
man thats obviously just a "look what i can do" one off recording. random riffs thrown together w/no structure. half of the song doesn't even go well w/the drums. the solo stuff was cool at the end, but don't go around trying to pass this off as a song. for shame.

younguitarist sends me drum tracks, and I record a guitar track to it. I dont really have much experience with playing with drummers, so It's difficult for me to make riffs to a pre-existing drum track.
Fuck, I thought it was decent..
But, hey, critisism is good.

Old 2005-03-08, 04:43
Kylito
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

If you rename the song "Look what I can do", then maybe it will go over better.

(I liked the riffs better than the solo)

You need to rag out Younguitarist for keeping all the good drum tracks for himself...