MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2006-08-19, 19:50
ZRO
Senior Metalhead

Metalcore

I know you people hate it but if you had to pick a Metalcore band what would it be?

Old 2006-08-19, 20:06
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Unearth
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-08-19, 20:07
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

That's a pretty pointless question.. I think they all suck.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-08-19, 23:10
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

fuckin between the buried and me

Old 2006-08-19, 23:15
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRO
I know you people hate it but if you had to pick a Metalcore band what would it be?

all of them, assuming that by "picking" you mean "picking for extermination".

Old 2006-08-20, 03:26
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

converge

Old 2006-08-20, 04:15
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I don't mind metalcore. I know lots of people say all of them sound the same, but each one is different in some way.... this is not including the bands I saw at Ozzfest because in that heat, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Unearth and Anal Cunt (if Anal Cunt played there, of course).

I only have a few metalcore bands in my collection; As I Lay Dying, Lamb of God, All That Remains, Converge (one of the best), Between The Buried and Me, Bleeding Through, Unearth, and Killswitch Engage.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2006-08-20, 06:40
Requiem
Post-whore

metalcore is fucking gay Grindcore is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better

Old 2006-08-20, 12:00
Lord Vehemence
Senior Metalhead

Dead to Fall
oh lord vehemence is just a little bitch, but you'll get used to him. fact of the matter is he listens to better music than at least 80% of the people who post on this forum. listen to him and you might learn something.

Daz rite, biznatch!

Listen to this band or die.

Old 2006-08-20, 12:52
OpethiaN
Metalhead

i like German melodics bands like Heaven Shall Burn & Neaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIONEER
Should you throw your underwear away after you had a wet dream?
Quote:
Originally Posted by walpurgis
Make sure you smell them before they dry to make sure you don't have any diseases.

Old 2006-08-20, 13:34
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
metalcore is fucking gay Grindcore is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better

Grindcore-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z8wksVGxVg

Metalcore-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfaiGi48rcA

I can see it sort of. Would be better if Seth wasn't wasted.

Quote:
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2006-08-20, 18:16
Requiem
Post-whore

i didnt say they resembled each other at all i was saying is grindcore is way fucking better that metalcore

Old 2006-08-20, 18:20
CompelledToLacerate

Some grindcore is alright. I'm more of a guy that needs stuff to be in an ordered fashion almost, including music. Sometimes grindcore gets too sloppy.

That's what I think.

Quote:

Old 2006-08-20, 18:28
Requiem
Post-whore

yea but your a fan of corpse but you listen to metalcore(this has nothing to do with grind)

Old 2006-08-20, 18:50
CompelledToLacerate

Cannibal Corpse, after you listen to it for a while, is clean and rarely or never sloppy.

Quote:

Old 2006-08-20, 19:20
Requiem
Post-whore

ive been listening to Corpse for 5 years

Old 2006-08-21, 02:03
TheDreadfulHoroscope
Supreme Metalhead

Definetly converge, most metalcore is really boring though, alot of it is palm muted low E and then a pinch harmonic.

Old 2006-08-21, 02:16
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
Some grindcore is alright. I'm more of a guy that needs stuff to be in an ordered fashion almost, including music. Sometimes grindcore gets too sloppy.

That's what I think.

Yeah if you use Anal Cunt as an example but there are sooo many styles of grind.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-08-21, 05:02
Doktorskell
Senior Metalhead

Why do people keep insisting on making threads about core bands?

Lets clear this up once and for all. The only decent genre with core in its name is grind.

Everything else

EVERYTHING else is for fggts

Old 2006-08-21, 07:41
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Your opinion counts for shit, sunshine. Metalcore (not the likes of Eighteen Visions or KsE) has produced some of the most innovative musicians in extreme music (Botch, Drowningman, DEP, Converge, etc).

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2006-08-21, 07:57
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Converge are metalcore? What? Whoa.

Old 2006-08-21, 08:23
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Oh my fucking god.

Compelled to Lacerate, shut up with your under experienced musical opinion on everything.

Requiem, noone gives a fuck how good grindcore is because you're a fucking idiot.

Doktorskell, you're a fucken idiot too. Now shut the fuck up in this thread and talk metalcore or get out. This thread does not need to be bogged down by your lame bullshit. Although, there is a thread that does, and thats the RTT.

Old 2006-08-21, 08:25
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Now can anyone tell me any bands that are like converge... I'm talking dissonant chords, feedback, blasts and normal beats, fucken wicked sick vocals, and most of all meaning and passion in their music. Thank you

Old 2006-08-21, 08:28
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Lots of people say lots of things about metalcore. I honestly have no idea what it is, aside from a combination of hardcore (which, we should remember, is metal-infused punk) with any number of variations on thrash (which is hardcore-infused metal, or metal-infused-punk-infused-metal), making it something like metal-infused-punk-infused-metal-infused-punk-infused-metal. Point is that metal and punk have been cross-pollinating for a while now. And the fact of the matter is that a lot of the metal you like isn't 1/10th as good (or, for that matter, as heavy) as the best hardcore, so cut out the bullshit.

Finally, like Mansley pointed out, while a lot of 'metalcore' is just shitty metal with shitty breakdowns, it also seems to attract some of the more interesting techies.

Old 2006-08-21, 09:00
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Finally, like Mansley pointed out, while a lot of 'metalcore' is just shitty metal with shitty breakdowns, it also seems to attract some of the more interesting techies.

And unfortunately whenever the term "metalcore" is uttered, most people start to gag and stuff things in their ears because its the terrible generic shit that somehow dominates the genre in a half-assed manner.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-08-21, 13:50
low-tech
Post-whore

i know isis come from the boston hardcore scene<same one as converge>i dont know if they fit the bill as metalcore<not really familiar with them>, which i guess goes to show how relative the scenes are and the bands that started out in them

the most impressive stuff ive seen live was a richmond,va band called "undying" i dont know if this band exists anymore or ever got a good release. a band that was had good songs, not technical ones.

Old 2006-08-21, 14:27
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

I don't know why "breakdowns" is such a dirty word among metalheads. If it is done smoothly and heavily within the context of a song then most people won't even notice it. Death metal bands have really heavy breakdowns. Take "Slit Your Guts" by Cryptopsy or "Preemptive Strike" by Malevolant Creation. I do think it is stupid for the singer to yell "breakdown!!!!" or some shit before the breakdown happens. I think Tom Araya yelling "SOOLLLLOOOOOOO" right before Jeff Hanenman melts the neck with a wicked solo would have taken some points away from a song as well. I feel kinda hypocritical though, cause Unearth has some of the most forced breakdowns of all the new metalcore bands.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-08-21, 14:40
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

converge = best brakdowns ever

Old 2006-08-21, 15:23
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

My definition of metalcore includes math-core. I don't think it's a very descriptive genre name so I prefer to class it under the metal infused hardcore (which is what bands like Botch, Drowningman, etc are) tag of metalcore.

All the bands like KsE, God Forbid, Trivium, Shadows Fall et al are New Wave of American Heavy Metal (NWOAHM) to my ears and not metalcore.

Myles: Try Botch. They don't utilize blasts but they're chock full of dissonance and feeling. Another dissonant band would be Drowningman, but they use it brilliantly in the way they employ counterpoint. They have slightly more of a hardcore feel to them than Botch, though.

Old 2006-08-21, 15:25
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

I'm still yet to hear a Trivium song.

Old 2006-08-21, 15:27
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Your not missing much - a Maiden riff here, a butchered harmonised Metallica solo there.

Old 2006-08-21, 15:29
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Yeah, I figured as much. Why do you think I haven't heard a Trivium song yet? =P

Off topic: Decimate Christendom is class. If you haven't heard Diabolical Conquest, grab that too.

Old 2006-08-21, 15:34
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

It's the only Incantation I have at the moment - and yeah it is class, moreso than I was expecting to be honest. I'll be sure to get Diabolical Conquest when I get a chance - thanks for the recommendation!

Old 2006-08-22, 03:23
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
It's the only Incantation I have at the moment - and yeah it is class, moreso than I was expecting to be honest. I'll be sure to get Diabolical Conquest when I get a chance - thanks for the recommendation!

I can play Decimate Christendom and Dying Divinity start to finish one after another It is one wicked sick record thats for sure, and the tabs here ARE WRONG.

And Mansly thanks for the recommendations, finally no bullshit in such a lame thread.

Old 2006-08-22, 03:30
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
That's a pretty pointless question.. I think they all suck.

have you heard unearth. I didn't like metal core at all until i heard them. BTBAM are tight too.

Old 2006-08-22, 18:17
Requiem
Post-whore

metalcoe=nu metal

Old 2006-08-22, 19:51
CompelledToLacerate

As far as popularity goes, yeah, but they are far from being the same musically. Nu-metal's more about rhythm and lack of melody, pretty much fusing hip hop with metal (pisses off a few black people where I live because they see it as the "white man takin' [their] music!"). Metalcore is heavier and involves the guitarist more than in nu-metal.

Or were you getting at the fact that every nu-metal band sounds the same just like how every metalcore band sounds the same?

Quote:
Converge are metalcore? What? Whoa.

According to Wikipedia, they are one of the pioneers of the genre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Converge_%28band%29

Quote:

Last edited by CompelledToLacerate : 2006-08-22 at 19:53.

Old 2006-08-22, 20:59
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCS
have you heard unearth. I didn't like metal core at all until i heard them. BTBAM are tight too.

See? DeathCS knows what's good.

Old 2006-08-22, 21:14
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Either Lamb of God or Between The Buried And Me

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2006-08-22, 22:41
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
metalcoe=nu metal

you

learn to type too

Old 2006-08-22, 22:47
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

i consider converge "metalcore" but i also consider them just hardcore..or even "post hardcore" if you want...to me it doesn't really matter very much. i love converge (more their pre jane doe stuff) they kick ass..and have more inovation that MOST bands. if you are unable to recognize this..then somethings wrong with you ..or you are lying to yourself haha. you don't have to like them..but to say they are shit is retarded. i used to not like them when i was just into punk rock..i thought it sounded too crazy/random and thus shitty...but later i realized they were much much better than the punk i was listening to at the time heh.

Old 2006-08-23, 00:25
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
i consider converge "metalcore" but i also consider them just hardcore..or even "post hardcore" if you want...to me it doesn't really matter very much. i love converge (more their pre jane doe stuff) they kick ass..and have more inovation that MOST bands. if you are unable to recognize this..then somethings wrong with you ..or you are lying to yourself haha. you don't have to like them..but to say they are shit is retarded. i used to not like them when i was just into punk rock..i thought it sounded too crazy/random and thus shitty...but later i realized they were much much better than the punk i was listening to at the time heh.

That's the same thing I thought about Cannibal Corpse. "Brutaller" music is a taste that you kind of have to develop.

On a lighter note; I HAVE to ask this because it kind of gnaws at me. What is the difference between Metalcore and Hardcore? Aren't they the same thing?

Quote:

Old 2006-08-23, 00:25
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

JAne Doe is awesome. I don't mind their emo shit on you fail me either.

Old 2006-08-23, 00:27
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Requiem and Compelled, please refer to page 2, post 2 of this thread.

Old 2006-08-23, 00:46
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

not that i hated jane doe...i just prefer forever comes crashing and petitioning the empty sky. favorite song on jane doe has got to be heaven in her arms.

to me, as far as metalcore vs hardcore goes...i see it as a kind of spectrum
punk on one end..metal on the other. punk - hardcore - metal. maybe i see it more this way because i began listening to punk..then more "hardcore punk" then eventually hardcore etc now i listen to all of that crap.

but when someone says metalcore...i just think more on the metal end of hardcore than the punk end. thats why i don't get too wrapped up in all the little names people come up with...because regardless, i just throw it somewhere in my understanding of this kind of music wherever i think it goes.

Old 2006-08-23, 00:48
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
That's the same thing I thought about Cannibal Corpse. "Brutaller" music is a taste that you kind of have to develop.

On a lighter note; I HAVE to ask this because it kind of gnaws at me. What is the difference between Metalcore and Hardcore? Aren't they the same thing?

Metalcore, as it is genearlly reffered to now, has more complex guitar lines(usually related to melodic death guitar parts) than regular hardcore with a "chugging" breakdown thrown in to make the song have a moshworthy climax. the breakdowns almost always are just various synchopated rhythms of the lowest note on the guitar. They are also almost always over a 4/4 beat too. The vocals (in a shouting manner and clean, effiminate singing sporatically thrown in) and these breakdowns are what make up the "core" part of metalcore as it is reffered to now. There is anohter definition of metalcore that i dont know enough about ot describe well. The version I did describe though is what most people talk about when speaking of metalcore and it is generally frowned upon.

Last edited by Blood Red Bass : 2006-08-23 at 00:50.

Old 2006-08-23, 00:55
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Dont worry about that post ^

Metalcore = Between The Buried and Me

Hardcore = Terror

Listen and be enwisened.

Old 2006-08-23, 01:12
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

yeah i should have mentioned that most of what is described as metalcore today is not what the word originally meant. Out of all the genre classifications, metalcore gets thrown around the most and is a really hard genre to accurately pigeonhole.

Old 2006-08-23, 02:07
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Converge is fucking great stuff. I'm seeing them in September with Mastodon.

Botch is pretty cool, Mansley. A friend let be borrow a CD for a few days and I was impressed (although I've never been huge on that style of vocals). They've got some twisted riffage
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2006-08-23 at 02:09.

Old 2006-08-23, 02:35
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
yeah i should have mentioned that most of what is described as metalcore today is not what the word originally meant. Out of all the genre classifications, metalcore gets thrown around the most and is a really hard genre to accurately pigeonhole.

Kind of like Nu-Metal.

Dunno if you consider them Metalcore, but I used to be in love with Killswitch Engage. I still like them alot, but I couldn't stop listening to "The End of Heartache." Kind of have that same feeling for Lacuna Coil right now.

BTW, I love those moments in life where you make the absolutely best choice in any decision-making situation. I chose Lacuna Coil's Karmacode over Atreyu's.... whatever album that was with the vampire-like woman on the front (Don't know too much about Atreyu, other than their lead vocalist brings down the energy in the band IMO).

Quote:

Old 2006-08-23, 02:57
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Kind of like Nu-Metal.

Dunno if you consider them Metalcore, but I used to be in love with Killswitch Engage. I still like them alot, but I couldn't stop listening to "The End of Heartache." Kind of have that same feeling for Lacuna Coil right now.

BTW, I love those moments in life where you make the absolutely best choice in any decision-making situation. I chose Lacuna Coil's Karmacode over Atreyu's.... whatever album that was with the vampire-like woman on the front (Don't know too much about Atreyu, other than their lead vocalist brings down the energy in the band IMO).

Ha. I would have to say you picked the lesser of two evils but.......neither of those bands are nearly as evil as EMPEROR so there is really no point.

Old 2006-08-23, 03:22
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

yea botch is pretty badass too! check them out for sure.

matter of fact...i might just throw some on now..

Old 2006-08-23, 03:55
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Ha. I would have to say you picked the lesser of two evils but.......neither of those bands are nearly as evil as EMPEROR so there is really no point.

Meh, I don't look for evil in music. However, I do avoid pussy music like Atreyu.... no offense to Christina Scabbia, who has a pussy.

I had to throw it in, but I don't think my joke was delivered well.

Quote:

Old 2006-08-23, 05:22
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Dont worry about that post ^

Metalcore = Between The Buried and Me

Hardcore = Terror

Listen and be enwisened.

I would have to say that BTBAM is more than just Metalcore. They have more versatility than most of the bands in the genre. I would say that As I Lay Dying fits. And they blow.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut

Old 2006-08-23, 06:56
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

You're an idiot. Between the buried and me, yes a million genre influences including death metal grindcore tech death hardcore jazz melodic metal but gee what is that metal at its core yes well that makes metalcore sorry next person to try and start a lame technical correction please.

Old 2006-08-23, 07:41
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Converge is fucking great stuff. I'm seeing them in September with Mastodon.

Botch is pretty cool, Mansley. A friend let be borrow a CD for a few days and I was impressed (although I've never been huge on that style of vocals). They've got some twisted riffage

Glad to see some of my recommendations are welcomed!

To the twat who equated metalcore with nu-metal: Just because you do not like a particular genre does not make it nu-metal. Remove your brain from your rectum, sputum nugget.

Old 2006-08-23, 07:51
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Glad to see some of my recommendations are welcomed!

Always.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-08-23, 13:04
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtiel
I would have to say that BTBAM is more than just Metalcore. They have more versatility than most of the bands in the genre. I would say that As I Lay Dying fits. And they blow.

I only have one As I Lay Dying CD (Shadows are Security). They are an alright band, but from what it looks like, no one has told them how they can actually play at a different tempo. It seems all there songs are at like 170-190. IT's good music, but show some variety.

Quote:

Old 2006-08-23, 14:16
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
You're an idiot. Between the buried and me, yes a million genre influences including death metal grindcore tech death hardcore jazz melodic metal but gee what is that metal at its core yes well that makes metalcore sorry next person to try and start a lame technical correction please.

Lol, nice try.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut

Old 2006-08-23, 14:24
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Ok well dude either way i dont care about what you call them becaus as long as a million other people say they are metalcore and they get brought up in metlacore talk like this thread and or in real life i really dont care.

Old 2006-08-23, 14:30
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Have any of these bands we have mentioned actually called themselves metalcore? Or do we just thrust this upon them? Cannibal Corpse refer to themselves as Death metal, Exodus as thrash metal, and pretty much all black metal bands refer to themselves as such. But i rarely hear any of these new metal bands refer to themselves as metalcore.

Old 2006-08-23, 14:35
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

actually i never heard a band say they were metalcore

Old 2006-08-23, 16:52
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
actually i never heard a band say they were metalcore

i've never heard anyone do it..but i bet if you searched some of these bands on myspace, they might've listed the music as such. not sure though.. either way..to me, they either suck, are pretty good/ok, or kick ass...metalcore or not.

Old 2006-08-23, 19:48
CompelledToLacerate

The Red Chord refered to themselevs as Death MEtal at ozzfest. "You wanna hear some heavy DEATH METAL!!!??"

Quote:

Old 2006-08-23, 20:56
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
The Red Chord refered to themselevs as Death MEtal at ozzfest. "You wanna hear some heavy DEATH METAL!!!??"

Maybe they were being sarcastic.

Old 2006-08-23, 21:49
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Maybe they were being sarcastic.

Probably.

IT was so loud and distorted that day, they could almost pass for Death Metal.

Quote:

Old 2006-08-24, 07:41
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:

Ah, The Red Chord - great band!

Old 2006-08-24, 14:58
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Ah, The Red Chord - great band!

Does anyone else think Clients was ok? Sure, it didn't have the constant craziness of "Fused Together in Revolving Doors" but I still think it was pretty good.

Old 2006-08-24, 15:35
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

It's the only album of theirs I have - not been able to get hold of Clients, but it is on my "to get" list.

Old 2006-08-24, 21:34
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Love The Red Chord. Clients is good, a lot more angry, but different than FTiRD.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-08-25, 10:42
Mapex7string
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Grindcore-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z8wksVGxVg

Metalcore-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfaiGi48rcA

I can see it sort of. Would be better if Seth wasn't wasted.

Anal Cunt is the worst example for grind you can mention

Old 2006-08-25, 14:08
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapex7string
Anal Cunt is the worst example for grind you can mention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWo6-3GIano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWIwxP8sxjc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsMQ4zz-3-c

The last 2 are kinda funny.

Quote:

Old 2006-08-26, 04:17
Doktorskell
Senior Metalhead

Do you mean morbid axe as one of the examples of grind worse than Anal cunt?

I was at a morbid Axe gig a while ago and they're a bit of fun.

Old 2006-08-26, 08:47
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Theres a thread for talking about grind. It's called Grind. Its a few threads below this.

Old 2006-08-27, 04:43
AMD
Metalhead

zao and norma jean

Old 2006-08-27, 06:23
arvina
Post-whore

Quote:

what are they? its kinda mathy, but it has the lower style vocals. anything with vocals in the ower growling departmentn puts it a little at least closer to death metal. its not death but its not dillenger math metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
nah man, nah, I had an itchy ballsack!

forget wall of marshalls look at this wall of engls!
http://www.engl-amps.com/pics/newsp..._stevemorse.jpg

www.tdiclub.com

Old 2006-08-27, 07:16
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I really hate the term "mathy" unless math is really involved.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-08-27, 08:23
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I would suggest that the term "mathcore" was coined following the release of DEP's Calculating Inifnity, purely due to the name of the album. I, too, do not generally like the term "math" in music, but I can see how it has been attributed since most people don't understand complicated maths in much the same way they don't understand complicated music. I would, however, venture to say that complicated music is easier to digest than the conversion of a real equation into the complex plane before integrating it!

Old 2006-08-27, 16:23
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

I hear Meshuggah getting tagged as "math metal" almost as much as Dillinger does. Although I think it is a silly term, it seems to fit Meshuggah better than Dillinger. Meshuggah's songs seem more planned and calculated than dillinger's spastic craziness.

Old 2006-08-27, 16:52
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvina
what are they? its kinda mathy, but it has the lower style vocals. anything with vocals in the ower growling departmentn puts it a little at least closer to death metal. its not death but its not dillenger math metal

They are a mix of death metal and metalcore, or "deathcore" for short. I just consider them metalcore because all these subgenres with the word "core" at the end (with the exception of grindcore) are getting annoying.

Mathcore
Swedecore
Melodic Deathcore
Deathcore
Rapcore (wtf?)
blackcore
Mallcore
Moshcore
Emocore

Quote:

Old 2006-08-27, 18:27
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
They are a mix of death metal and metalcore, or "deathcore" for short. I just consider them metalcore because all these subgenres with the word "core" at the end (with the exception of grindcore) are getting annoying.

Mathcore
Swedecore
Melodic Deathcore
Deathcore
Rapcore (wtf?)
blackcore
Mallcore
Moshcore
Emocore

I have heard of bands being described as all of those except for those two

Old 2006-08-27, 20:38
low-tech
Post-whore

Quote:
I hear Meshuggah getting tagged as "math metal" almost as much as Dillinger does. Although I think it is a silly term, it seems to fit Meshuggah better than Dillinger. Meshuggah's songs seem more planned and calculated than dillinger's spastic craziness.

both bands used incredible subdivisions in the drumming.the dillinger drummer does crazy signatures on calculating infinity.

i think people call it "math metal" to not associate it with what fusion had turned into. some metal/grindcore is kinda going down that path anyway, soon we are gonna hear metal that sounds like weather report, or whatever "musak gone wild" band that is the epitome of souless technical wankery.

i like dillingers calculating infinity, but it has some very sour moments. mushuggahs cool but it all sounds the same, from what ive heard not owning any other album beyond choasphere. they may of started a bad trend.

Old 2006-08-27, 22:44
ZRO
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

Mathcore
Swedecore
Melodic Deathcore
Deathcore
Rapcore (wtf?)
blackcore
Mallcore
Moshcore
Emocore

Adds Eyelinercore

Old 2006-08-27, 22:56
Doktorskell
Senior Metalhead

Core core core core

Fucking hell

Old 2006-08-27, 23:09
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
both bands used incredible subdivisions in the drumming.the dillinger drummer does crazy signatures on calculating infinity.

i think people call it "math metal" to not associate it with what fusion had turned into. some metal/grindcore is kinda going down that path anyway, soon we are gonna hear metal that sounds like weather report, or whatever "musak gone wild" band that is the epitome of souless technical wankery.

i like dillingers calculating infinity, but it has some very sour moments. mushuggahs cool but it all sounds the same, from what ive heard not owning any other album beyond choasphere. they may of started a bad trend.

"Destroy Erase Improve" is more organic and accessabile than Chaosphere. If you are not really a fan I don't think the two albums after Chaosphere warrant a purchase, DEI deserves a lookin at though, IMO.

Old 2006-08-28, 02:22
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Quote:

Mathcore
Swedecore
Melodic Deathcore
Deathcore
Rapcore (wtf?)
blackcore
Mallcore
Moshcore
Emocore

WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Old 2006-08-28, 03:19
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:

He has a point there. And he said "please".

Old 2006-08-28, 03:35
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Lol, does he get his knowledge from wikipedia?

Old 2006-08-28, 03:41
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Lol, does he get his knowledge from wikipedia?

Type "wikipedia" in the wikipedia search engine and judge then.

Old 2006-08-28, 04:28
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:

Well, that, my friend, would depend on how much money you got and if you were willing to get it to me by some means.

I'm serious about all these subgenres and how they get so specific it's as if every band has it's own genre, which isn't true.

Yeah, I do get most of my "knowledge" from wikipedia. Everybody gets their knowledge from somewhere. No one just KNOWS this stuff.

Quote:

Old 2006-08-28, 04:33
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Well, that, my friend, would depend on how much money you got and if you were willing to get it to me by some means.

I'm serious about all these subgenres and how they get so specific it's as if every band has it's own genre, which isn't true.

Yeah, I do get most of my "knowledge" from wikipedia. Everybody gets their knowledge from somewhere. No one just KNOWS this stuff.

I believe blizzard beast (bitchin aliteration!) was reffering to the credibility of wikipedia. The site has good intentions but the fact that anyone can put information on there sorta leads itself into some questionable info. I like the site though, go there all the time. Make sure that the info you are reading is cited, thats usually a good indicator.

Old 2006-08-28, 04:39
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
I believe blizzard beast (bitchin aliteration!) was reffering to the credibility of wikipedia. The site has good intentions but the fact that anyone can put information on there sorta leads itself into some questionable info. I like the site though, go there all the time. Make sure that the info you are reading is cited, thats usually a good indicator.

I try not to read any articles on there that aren't cited, especially all the articles on all the Star Wars events and some musical articles.

Quote:

Old 2006-08-28, 07:27
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Alright, lets get back on subject: Metalcore
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-08-28, 07:36
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS!

Old 2006-08-29, 02:33
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS!

I don't see any hands.

I'm kind of in love with All That Remains and Unearth. Not the kind of love as in I would spend my life with them for eterntiy, but the kind of love involving anal sex and a reach around, but that's beside the point.

I dunno why, but they just play really neat riffs and good music to headbang to. I love bands that are able to get a crowd stirring.

Quote:

Old 2006-08-29, 07:40
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

you mean every band ever?

Old 2006-08-29, 17:36
Bones98
Post-whore

Quote:

Mathcore
Swedecore
Melodic Deathcore
Deathcore
Rapcore (wtf?)
blackcore
Mallcore
Moshcore
Emocore

DeathCore, Blackcore, Mallcore, SwedeCore, Mathcore, Mosh Core, .... practically all genres listed are fucking gay. Especially Deathcore.
I cant stand trendy fags in death metal genres.

Old 2006-08-29, 18:19
Jon
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones98
DeathCore, Blackcore, Mallcore, SwedeCore, Mathcore, Mosh Core, .... practically all genres listed are fucking gay. Especially Deathcore.
I cant stand trendy fags in death metal genres.

I can't stand homophobic snobs in death metal. Life's not perfect, eh?

Old 2006-08-29, 19:26
Bones98
Post-whore

homophobic indeed i am.

Old 2006-08-30, 15:40
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones98
homophobic indeed i am.

So.....if I wave little figurines of Richard Simmons in front of you, you will react the same way a vampire would if i was holding a crucifx?