MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2006-02-18, 19:47
Tulvox
Post-whore

Metallica 2006

Metallica are back in the studio with new producer Rick Rubin!

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=14828

Thoughts?

It should be completely new for them, and Trujilio is quite a good bassist. I want ...And Justice Volume 2 (With bass track). Should be interesting at the least. Better than St. Anger and Reload.

www.maddox.xmission.com

Old 2006-02-18, 19:59
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

Old 2006-02-18, 20:15
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I've heard about Rick before. He seens to know what he is doing. I would like to heard what Metallica comes up with this time.

Old 2006-02-18, 20:20
humancorpse
Post-whore

Rick Rubin produced reign in blood. But no producer can save metallica. Unless the producer decides to write, record and perform new songs for them.

Last edited by humancorpse : 2006-02-18 at 20:30.

Old 2006-02-18, 20:25
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

fuck. Why don't they just give up allready..

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-02-18, 20:43
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

im actually interested to hear what is to come, i have heard interviews with hammet saying that the solos are gonna be there this time, which will be nice.

Old 2006-02-18, 20:52
Tulvox
Post-whore

Yeah, they know how much St.Anger sucked just as well as their fans do. So why would they give a shit job twice in a row?

www.maddox.xmission.com

Old 2006-02-18, 20:56
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulvox
Yeah, they know how much St.Anger sucked just as well as their fans do. So why would they give a shit job twice in a row?

Are you sure about that? I remember them saying some bullshit like how their new album is them evolved and that they know the fans will love it and other horseshit like that..

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-02-18, 21:04
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

I'll listen to it...but it better not suck as bad as St. Anger....if it does...I am disowning them as THE band that got me into metal. (the video for one was a motherfucker man!!!)

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2006-02-18, 21:07
ImBored
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

Load - Reload - St Anger

wut

Old 2006-02-18, 21:12
humancorpse
Post-whore

Quote:
So why would they give a shit job twice in a row?

Because St. anger earned them tons of cash, and lots of new fanboys at the age of 10.

Old 2006-02-18, 21:28
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBored
Load - Reload - St Anger

wut

hah exactly

Priceless!

Old 2006-02-18, 21:39
Vardanstalt
Senior Metalhead

I hope this doesn' t turn up to be a big ol Metallica Bashing thread haha

"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

teh myspace

Old 2006-02-18, 23:23
Unanything
Post-whore

I'm actually excitied about their new album. Not necessarily for the music itself, but just to see what the 'Tallica will churn out next.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2006-02-18, 23:34
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven
im actually interested to hear what is to come, i have heard interviews with hammet saying that the solos are gonna be there this time, which will be nice.

I love metallica's older stuff, but they are going to need more than solos to produce a decent album. Actually, if Hammett keeps up his wah-wah bullshit, solos might actually be counterproductive. Bottom line is I can't wait for their new album, and i'm really hoping they can end their careers on a positive note.

Old 2006-02-18, 23:51
Tulvox
Post-whore

This is their last?

www.maddox.xmission.com

Old 2006-02-19, 01:33
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

we can oly hope

i'll listen to it...with that i will either accept the fact that they exist on this earth or disown them and their children and their friends

Old 2006-02-19, 01:42
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

I wish Metallica, people who have opinions on Metallica and this thread would all simultaneously disappear.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2006-02-19, 02:04
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
I wish Metallica, people who have opinions on Metallica and this thread would all simultaneously disappear.

So you would go along with them right?

Old 2006-02-19, 02:52
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Load - Reload - St Anger

wut

Black Album = Bad (IMO, don't give me shit on it)
Load, Reload = Good, just not Metallica.
St. Anger = Bad.
'Tallica 06 = Judging by the trend...

This is just my opinion, and I"m not defending it.

Awesome.

Old 2006-02-19, 03:20
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
So you would go along with them right?

My previous post would, cock hoover.

I would, of course, be required to stay and walk the Earth spitting truth like bullets and crushing lesser men.

Metallica should have changed their name to the Hetfield Alternative Experiment for Load, and none of this stupidity would ever have happened.

I am not posting again in this thread. I wish you all teh gayz.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2006-02-19, 07:41
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

I'll post! I hope they bring back a bit of what they lost... "the edge." Bringing solos back are a start. I'm hoping for the best, but it's not looking good.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2006-02-19, 08:31
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I actually love Metallica's music. All of it, and that is why I'm looking forward to what is next.

I hope they just do what they want and really put themself into it and have enough time to make it just how they like it. St. Anger was just a raw reflection of the core of Metallica imo, but still required a lot of work ( prehaps their hardest work as a band ). They had to prove that they were still a band and it got rushed but its still 100% Metallica energy no mater how poor it may have seemed. I didn't like it much either but there was much more between the notes then I first seen. I'm really not as upset as most with Metallica and their music the last 10 years. It has changed, I agree, but I believe I know why they made the music they did. It still hit a nerve in me that I liked even if it isn't as fast or technically mind blowing. It has become a fad to like old Metallica and bash the living hell out of the new without even listening or thinking about what is really there. Most people just fall into place when someone brings up Metallica and 99% just say, "I like old Metallica. The new stuff sucks!" without any reason. Then most just jump up in line with the others without even thinking. Thats dangerous behavior imo. There are parts of them that we have seen in the music that we may not all like. They are older and there lives have changed. Let them be artist. They always make an effort to make the music they want to share the most.

Old 2006-02-19, 09:15
the lamb
Senior Metalhead

i really want to know what they come up with next
i mean there are a lot of bands who have a really good start and then fall prey to trends.
but when it is a genre defining band ...its just sad
anyhow hope they read a little of metaltabs posts everyday and go back to their roots.

but even if they do come up with some good shit i dont think they would ever get the same respect that they used to...in the good old days

Old 2006-02-19, 09:24
*insert name here*
Jono

It would be cool if they made another album like the good ol' days.

Old 2006-02-19, 09:54
Panda
Senior Metalhead

as long as hammet starts playing solos again its all good ... at least if he doesnt abuse wah.

and btw they will never come up with a 2nd justice. best thing you can expect is something like disappear or reload stuff which is ok in my opinion.

Old 2006-02-19, 09:59
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

We change our entire lives. Not so much change completely, but add and learn things that modify who we are. Metallica is no different. There is no point in remaking and reliving the same music you made on another album ( which is why REload kinda pissed me off ). There will never be another justice, masters, or lightening album. They are each a single work of art. You can proform them like the week it came out but never make another.

I would very much like Metallica to bring the whole strengths of their career into one compilation of music. Not just seperate different stages of Metallica into different songs ( like a best hits ) but combine it all into an entire composite album. One badass album that spans the entire ideal of 20+ years that Metallica has had. That would be hard work but also the best of the best. Metallica knows who they are and what they can and have done better then we do.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2006-02-19 at 10:01.

Old 2006-02-19, 10:45
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Stanger is not 100% Metallica energy. It's dishonest down to every detail. They have no idea how to write music or be a band anymore but refuse to stop. If the album itself didn't show that, the documentary of it sure as hell did. It was like a movie all about what not to do if you want to work as a band. And, unsurprisingly, the album this non-band made was terrible, with a few good riffs.

This will end badly. Rick Rubin will be able to give them dirty production that isn't just deliberately shit, but he can't force them to man up and write good music, especially while they're paying his salary.

Oh, and anybody who heard some of Kirk's lead shit during Some Kind of Monster should know that the decision to get rid of his leads was a good one. If they'd just gotten rid of the rest of the instruments they may have had something.

Old 2006-02-19, 12:38
fatdanny
Post-whore

I'm curious to hear it, but I doubt it will be any good.

It's not solos they need, it's good riffs.

Old 2006-02-19, 13:41
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

im actually curious about seeing them this summer, but damn those prices

Old 2006-02-19, 13:44
Tony J Malmsteen
Metalhead

Rubin? As long as Bob Rock is out of the picture they still have a chance to redeem themselves, though im not getting my hopes up just yet.

Old 2006-02-19, 14:04
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
This will end badly. Rick Rubin will be able to give them dirty production that isn't just deliberately shit, but he can't force them to man up and write good music, especially while they're paying his salary.

Oh, and anybody who heard some of Kirk's lead shit during Some Kind of Monster should know that the decision to get rid of his leads was a good one. If they'd just gotten rid of the rest of the instruments they may have had something.

If I'm not mistaken, the previous albums were laid out and damn near WRITTEN by Bob Rock. And Rick Rubin is more of a "take no shit" guy, so if he doesn't like it, I'm sure he's gonna disreguard the money that he is being paid, and grow a set of balls.

And yes, Soul, I know what you mean about it being fadish to bash on Metallica. Like I said though, Load and Reload had their moments, and really good songs, but it just wasn't "Metallica." Don't get me wrong, hearing the same crap from a band over and over again is boring. I'm not expecting them to redo their Kill Em' All days. I'd like something resembling another "Justice," if only a halfassed version.

Awesome.

Old 2006-02-19, 15:06
jackson_metal_head
Senior Metalhead

oh god, not more metalicca, if i were to be optimistic i would hope this album to be totally shite, (st. anger being uber uber totally uber shite).

i mean this album could be ok but as dissection said judging on the current trends in music it cant be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
Play some Defeated Sanity and brutalize the vagina.

summer is 'ere an' it's fuckin' fuckin' buzzin

Old 2006-02-19, 15:13
Tony J Malmsteen
Metalhead

I wonder if they asked Suecof?

Back in the day i hear Lars used to enjoy getting a Suecof Jason

Old 2006-02-19, 15:20
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
im actually curious about seeing them this summer, but damn those prices

i saw them about a year or two ago..my dad won 4 tickets to the st. anger tour over the radio. a stretch hummer picked us up and we had 5th row seats. their more recent shit was so fucken corny when they introduced it "lets release the anger together!!!!!" .....and they played it like shit, but other than that, godsmack opened up for them and they had a better show the metalica. kind of pathetic

Old 2006-02-20, 06:16
Cyberwaste
Senior Metalhead

It doesnt matter what producer they have! They are so far gone that nothing on this earth can save them from making another horrible record. But if your into "yuppie-metal" then you should love it!

RIVERS OF GORE

Old 2006-02-20, 14:59
YJM04
Post-whore

thank you the black albulm sucked ass. end of story

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
ibut i wouldnt get any help at a slipknot board, theyre struggling with palm muting!

Old 2006-02-21, 21:40
Panda
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Stanger is not 100% Metallica energy. It's dishonest down to every detail. They have no idea how to write music or be a band anymore but refuse to stop. If the album itself didn't show that, the documentary of it sure as hell did. It was like a movie all about what not to do if you want to work as a band. And, unsurprisingly, the album this non-band made was terrible, with a few good riffs.

not right. his leads on st anger suck ass cuz hes kept down all the time. "no solos and almost no leads" was for sure not his descision. he was and still is a badass solo player but he needs to be pushed. and you see it on load and reaload that this guitarist does not get the feedback from the band he should have get. thats porlly why hes overusing wah and shit. he has no place in the band anymore. watch his leads on kill em till justice. metallica would be nothing but shit without him. imagine st anger witchout him ... no problem ... thats why his leads suck ass.

Old 2006-02-21, 22:07
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

They never gave him feedback about his leads. Didn't you hear them describe the old Metallica songwriting process? It basically let everybody grab onto one thing that was his and about which nobody else was able to comment. Kirk's leads lately have sucked because his idea of how to construct a lead have changed, actually have changed concommitantly with how Metallica's idea of how to construct a song have. His leads on St. Anger sucked because he broke the chain of creativity a long time ago and has just been running in circles in the pentatonic box since. You can be very creative just in that box, but not if you're Kirk Hammet. He doesn't know what to do anymore, and so his leads suck. Even if the band were supportive of him, they'd suck.

It's funny, though, since his argument to keep leads was actually a good one. Unfortunately the leads he was arguing to keep were crap.

Old 2006-02-22, 17:45
Requiem
Post-whore

I gave up on them after the self titled album.

Old 2006-02-22, 20:03
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

Im gonna give it a chance.

About leads, I agree with PST, its not that he wasnt pushed, its that he just ran out of ideas, so he plays the same damn scales with wah-wah over and over.

About Rick Rubin, what has he produced in the last while? Cause the only one I know of is RiB.

Didnt Bob Rock play bass on St. Anger?

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2006-02-23, 08:28
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

ouch, Rick Rubin? the same fat faggot who produces Linkin Park, Slipknot, Shakira and Neil Diamond?

he did produce some Slayer stuff... in the 80's. welcome to 2006, Metallica, nice to see you. hope you manage to suck less this time.

Old 2006-02-23, 08:56
metal_monkey
Post-whore

that guy produced linkin park and slipknot?? KILL HIM

Youve made me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Metal Monkey: retarded comments galore.

RIP this guy

Old 2006-02-23, 09:00
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

He produced Slayer through Diabolous, not just in the 80's. He also did a lot of Danzig's best albums and Johnny Cash throughout the 90's and into the 21st century. He's a talented producer and has a wide range. Not that I think that will help Metallica, but it's not like he's an awful choice.

Old 2006-02-23, 19:36
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

well hopefully metallica can dig themselves out of the hole they got themselves into. I think metallica still has some potential to do something good, and yeah ive noticed the metallica bashing trend EVERYWHERE, "NO FUCK METALLICA!!! MEGADETHORGZ!!11!11! THEYRE NOT TEH METALZZz!!11" Im not making fun of Megadeth, but some fucks are just denying anythign metallica has done in the past because of the actions theyve taken recently, it still stands that Metallica put out Ride the Lightning, Kill Em all, Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All. It would be cool if Kirk were to do his solos, not the WAH abuse solos, but actual frigging solos, that and if James were to bring back those old thrash vocals which i doubt it ever gonna happen, but that would be great.

Old 2006-02-23, 19:38
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien
ouch, Rick Rubin? the same fat faggot who produces Linkin Park, Slipknot, Shakira and Neil Diamond?

he did produce some Slayer stuff... in the 80's. welcome to 2006, Metallica, nice to see you. hope you manage to suck less this time.

dude you make it seem like a somoene producing a metal band's cd should ONLY produce metal bands. maybe hes just a damned good producer.

Old 2006-02-23, 19:46
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
dude you make it seem like a somoene producing a metal band's cd should ONLY produce metal bands. maybe hes just a damned good producer.

id say hes one of the better producers out there.

Old 2006-02-23, 19:51
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Slipknot may have shitty music, but you can't deny the flawless production, so obviously the guy knows what he's doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2006-02-23, 20:09
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
Slipknot may have shitty music, but you can't deny the flawless production, so obviously the guy knows what he's doing.

As much as i hate Slipknot, id have to agree.

They should just hid Kirks wah on him while hes recording a rythm track

NECROTIC

Old 2006-02-24, 00:59
shred_head45
Metalhead

I cant really say I hate metallica, I listen to their stuff sometimes...but its that Lars fucker that pisses me off. Either way Megadeth kicks metallicas ass 9 ways to sunday anyday. (I realize that was completlyoff topic but what ever.)

<-- man that guy is awesome

Old 2006-02-24, 15:06
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

The new Metallica album is either gonna make them or break them either it will be good and people will let st anger pass as just a bad time or it will be even worse and everyone will never listen to them again,.

Old 2006-02-24, 19:05
humancorpse
Post-whore

Nah, It it`ll sell like fuck pretty much no matter what, seeing as they got so many new fans with st anger. I remember when it was released, most kids had barely heard of them. A few months later, they were all "hardcore" metallica fans, and saying they were listening to the most brutal shit ever

Old 2006-02-24, 23:24
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by humancorpse
Nah, It it`ll sell like fuck pretty much no matter what, seeing as they got so many new fans with st anger. I remember when it was released, most kids had barely heard of them. A few months later, they were all "hardcore" metallica fans, and saying they were listening to the most brutal shit ever

Speaking of "most brutal shit ever" in the wrong context, ever have this conversation?

Kid- "So what music do you like?"
You- "Death metal"
Kid- "Oh! So you like stuff like Slipknot right?"
You- "No. I cant stand them"
Kid- "Oh, well have you heard of Disturbed? There pretty hardcore man!"
You- "No i like stuff heavier than that shit"
Kid- "What about Mudvayne, there weird looking man, freaky!"
You- "NO."
Kid- "Well then what bands do you like?"
You- "(Insert gusomlly named bands like Cannibal Corpse, Prostitute Disfigurement, Gorguts, etc.)"
Kid- "Oh..."

NECROTIC

Old 2006-02-25, 00:16
Panda
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertonshfits
Speaking of "most brutal shit ever" in the wrong context, ever have this conversation?

You- "Death metal"
You- "NO."
You- "(Insert gusomlly named bands like Cannibal Corpse, Prostitute Disfigurement, Gorguts, etc.)"
Kid- "Oh..."

wtf? i dont get what you mean. beer solves sry i dont get it

Old 2006-02-25, 01:24
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven
id say hes one of the better producers out there.

definitely

Old 2006-02-25, 07:08
low-tech
Post-whore

Quote:

this guy started def jam with russel simmons in the 80s, def jam played a major role in bringing hip-hop mainstream. he started american records to do things his way solo. he is one of the best producers ever and has been doing it longer than most posters here have been alive.the best thing about him is the huge amount of risk he takes working with bands and people who are obscure,on thier way down in out, or are destined to fail anyway. the fact the man is involved makes me interested to hear how the album turns out. the best in the catalog is the shit he releases at usually a severe loss, like john frusiantes solo albums,deconstruction,wesley willis etc.

im not expecting miracles here, but,hopefully,this wont turn into a drag and click,protools editted, cream of the crap, rogaine rock opera like the last album

Last edited by low-tech : 2006-02-25 at 07:12.

Old 2006-02-25, 08:39
humancorpse
Post-whore

Quote:

You- "Death metal"
You- "NO."
Kid- "Oh..."

Had lots of similiare conversations many times. It`s sorta funny the first time, but then it just gets annoying.

Old 2006-02-25, 21:06
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Yeah like im basically the only person who listens to death metal everyone else thinks slipknot and stuff is death metal and try to be cool thinking this but make themselves look like dumb pricks.

Old 2006-02-25, 21:15
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

You- "Death metal"
You- "NO."
Kid- "Oh..."

I've had that happen before. A person who used to play drums with me was like that when we first met. He was like, "Do you like metal?" and I responded yea, I like melodic death metal and death metal. And his response was "So you like bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Killswitch Engage". Grrr.

Presonus Firepod - $425 shipped
Gator 4 Space Rack Case - $75 shipped
Rackmount Tuner - $75 shipped
Pacific Drum Works 5000 Double Bass Pedal - $175 shipped

Old 2006-02-25, 21:17
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

I really don't get how people can even put death metal and slipknot in the same sentence. Even their lyrics aren't death metal. Their lyrics are teen angst bullshit that should have been left in the grunge wasteland of the 90s.

[EDIT] Found this bit on wikipedia to be quite entertaining:

After a hiatus of close to two years, the band regrouped in late 2003 and began writing and recording with renowned producer Rick Rubin, who had previously worked with artists such as Johnny Cash, Beastie Boys, Grinspoon, Pennywise and Slayer. The band released their third album, Vol. 3 (The Subliminal Verses) in May 2004. Reviews were mostly positive. New Musical Express noted, "At least two thirds of it is still comprised of head-spinning speed metal, but there are signs of genuine progression, not to mention progressive rock, from the off." It debuted at #2 on the Billboard albums chart.

My ears are burning.

Last edited by JacksonGuitars07 : 2006-02-25 at 21:20.

Old 2006-02-25, 21:50
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

Some guy i know was trying to convince me that Slipknot were evil once. He recited a couple verses from one of their songs. They made no sence at all. They said fuck every 3rd or 4th word. I then said a couple song titles from Cryptopsy and CC.

NECROTIC

Old 2006-02-25, 21:52
Tony J Malmsteen
Metalhead

Wiki is full of shit.

Contributed by complete spackers and the CIA.

That wiki quote from JacksonGuitarist made me laugh a bit

Old 2006-02-25, 22:00
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

Wikipedia said that Fall Out Boy are incredibly talented awhile back. I edited it and had my account suspended for vandilism. I posted some obscene stuff about their bassist loving handjobs from their drummer and that the faggot hand helped develop their guitar player's playing hands.

Old 2006-02-25, 22:04
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

Haha, I just edited their Wiki page again from another IP. Please check before they delete it. Here's what it reads.

Fall Out Boy can also credit their chops on the guitar and bass to their constant giving of handjobs to each other at rehearsals and for using to infamous faggot hand at shows. Their drummer is also known to give handjobs to the bassist and has received the nickname "universal receiver" by his fans for letting anybody fuck him in the ass on command.

Old 2006-02-26, 04:47
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ahem...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 2006-03-01, 02:04
Panda
Senior Metalhead

its scary how many people here put all the bands into stupid genres and then pick one genre to glorify it. maybe you start listen to music not just black or deathmetal etc... that would make you not look like stupid dumbfucks.

"OMFG HE LISTENS TO KILLSWITCH ENGAGE OMFG HAHAHA PUSSY THATS NOT DEATH."
"AND NO SLIPKNOT IS NO DEATH AS WELL HAHAHA STUPID IDIOT"

arent we to old for that shit? go to some frickin deathmetal chat and tell this shit to unmusical people who want to hear it but dont spam it on a music board.

ah ya btw... everyone who refuses a band because it doesnt fit into a genre has already limmited his musical point of view in a very extremly and dangerous way for his own creativity.

Old 2006-03-01, 07:40
*insert name here*
Jono

Quote:

They are pretty good credentials.

Old 2006-03-01, 10:11
metal_monkey
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda
its scary how many people here put all the bands into stupid genres and then pick one genre to glorify it. maybe you start listen to music not just black or deathmetal etc... that would make you not look like stupid dumbfucks.

arent we to old for that shit? go to some frickin deathmetal chat and tell this shit to unmusical people who want to hear it but dont spam it on a music board.

ah ya btw... everyone who refuses a band because it doesnt fit into a genre has already limmited his musical point of view in a very extremly and dangerous way for his own creativity.

thats because everyone only listens to one genre here anyway

Youve made me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Metal Monkey: retarded comments galore.

RIP this guy

Old 2006-03-01, 11:12
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

That's a sweeping statement. And it's wrong.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2006-03-01, 15:45
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

the thing that really annoyed me were the clean breakdowns, for example, the parts like "st anger on my neck" or whatever he said, i think it was that. also the sound of the snare. i didnt really listen to it long enough to notice any other things i hated, but im sure there are more. i liked load and reload. i think i like reload for sentimental reasons though. either way i like it, and if they go back to even sounding like re-load, id be interested.

Old 2006-03-01, 20:11
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

Quote:

I listen to Alexisonfire. Not because Im an Emo kid, because I like the music. Its not brutal death metal, Extreme prog, or anything that heavy, its just good music. Same with Led Zeppelin. Their DEFFINITLY not brutal, but they are one of my favorite bands. I totally agree with you. By the way, did you used be that DELETE79 guy or something?

NECROTIC

Old 2006-03-01, 21:36
Panda
Senior Metalhead

nope i dont even know delete79 ^_^

and yes ... who gives a fuck about that genre shit? "im death" "im goth" "im an emo kid" ...who cares? its about the music not about belonging to a certian group just in order to close the others down. easing that finally someone shares my opinion

Old 2006-03-02, 14:54
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Quote:
who gives a fuck about that genre shit? "im death" "im goth" "im an emo kid" ...who cares? its about the music not about belonging to a certian group just in order to close the others down. easing that finally someone shares my opinion

I been saying that shit for ages. I agree completely.

Old 2006-03-02, 17:09
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
"im death"

that would the awesomest thing ever.

Old 2006-03-02, 19:42
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Quote:

Would certainly be a thing.........

Old 2006-03-02, 20:51
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:

nah, it would suck. Death liking Shadows fall, unearth and ac/dc.

Old 2006-03-02, 20:57
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon

i think Death's favourite band would be Grim Reaper...

Old 2006-03-02, 21:32
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon

this is going waaay of topic. and what would be wrong with someones musical preference? its not gonna make the band bad or anything.

Old 2006-03-08, 08:07
Jexplorer
New Blood

They always tries to make diffrent sounds and tunes in most every single album,
I think thats great, de wouldent have been this big in the musicworld if the albums sounded simular to eachother. How ever, I've got at smal feeling that this album may be another Drop C tuned. Cuz they spoke out in media and said that the recirding of St. Anger had been the best sound ever, so, it may not be inpossible to hear a "St. Anger volym 2" . I wish that they could have the Ride the ligtning sound back again! Over and out / Jex

Old 2006-03-08, 15:54
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

I read that Lar$ was going to spend more time on his drum sound this time round

Old 2006-03-08, 17:24
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexplorer
I wish that they could have the Ride the ligtning sound back again!

I loved the "And Justice For All" album they should definately do something again along the older lines.

Old 2006-03-08, 17:32
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

[QUOTE=timedragon]the thing that really annoyed me were the clean breakdowns, for example, the parts like "st anger on my neck" or whatever he said, i think it was that. [QUOTE]

Yeah, what the fuck does that even mean?

Maybe I'm an idiot and missed where someone said it, but is there an expected time for when a new album's coming out?

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.

Old 2006-03-08, 20:48
Panda
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Filth
I loved the "And Justice For All" album they should definately do something again along the older lines.

yep they gonna make a 2nd justice ... then exodus does a 2nd pleasure of flesh ... w8 we forgot megadeth... mustain will come out with some shit similar to his old rust in peace days and if all that wasnt l enough dimebag will raise from the dead and reunite pantera for a 2nd reinventing the steel.

Old 2006-03-09, 05:58
graduallymelted
Metalhead

Nobody gives a shit

Old 2006-03-09, 06:04
ImBored
Supreme Metalhead

Right
post in a 5 page thread and claim no one cares

Yeah whats wrong with that statement...anyone?

Old 2006-03-09, 06:28
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
I killed DELETE79 and stole his avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-03-09, 08:13
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

I can't believe people are still hoping or even care that Metallica will produce an album of material that's worth listening to
Quiet frankly they've shit the bed over the past decade, if their sorry excuse for musical material isn't enough then what about their stupid off stage antics, I mean for a band who's early reputation and career was built and aided by the underground tape trading, a band who had bootleg pits at concerts to allow people to record the gigs.......and then they sue people over using Napster????

And that Some Kind of Monster film???? Don't even get me started on that!
St Anger was midlife crisis metal, over produced to sound underproduced and raw and it sounded terrible, the "Let's try and reclaim our throne as an extreme band now brutal music is back envogue and bog standard pub rock is out of fashion". 14 year old emo kids who've been told by mummy to tidy their room come up with more mature, thoughtful lyrics! The songs are too long and over stay their welcome and go nowhere. But hey I really loved that snare sound

Metallica were a band who claimed from stage in the mid 80's that they would never wear spandex and eye make up........look at the photo's on the Load album!!!

I'm sorry to say Metallica have become the band they swore they would never become and I doubt they'll be able to produce an album of any quality that will make me think otherwise.

Old 2006-03-09, 11:48
Panda
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

k got me. he lays down the cellar in my fridge.

Old 2006-03-09, 18:41
graduallymelted
Metalhead

Quote:
Right
post in a 5 page thread and claim no one cares

Yeah whats wrong with that statement...anyone?

Nobody that is into metal gives a shit

Old 2006-03-10, 00:28
Hippy :)
Metalhead

really
just looking at there equipment for me spells it out.
so maybe its just me but i think its gonna be another st. anger

Old 2006-03-10, 00:44
Doktorskell
Senior Metalhead

So... Exactly when were Metallica EVER good?

I just dont see it

Old 2006-03-10, 17:25
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Up until about '89.

Old 2006-03-10, 18:00
graduallymelted
Metalhead

More like up until Cliff died

Old 2006-03-10, 18:01
humancorpse
Post-whore

pft, and justice was awesome, their best imo.

Old 2006-03-10, 18:02
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

And Justice For All was brilliant - it was just a pity that James, Lars and Kirk wouldn't allow Jason to turn his amp on.

Old 2006-03-10, 18:15
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Well they didn't treat him too well when he first joined the band if I remember right.

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.

Old 2006-03-10, 20:06
matterthief
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduallymelted
More like up until Cliff died

Man you hit it on the head, Metallica died in a fucking bus accident a long time ago. Shame too because they were the best fucking thing to come along in metal for years at that point.
Losing Cliff for them was akin to a person losing a limb. You can recover but you are never the same.

"Cliff was the soul of Metallica."
- Kirk Hammett

Old 2006-03-13, 19:01
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduallymelted
Nobody that is into metal gives a shit

i give a shit and im into metal. shut up.

Old 2006-03-13, 19:20
IlikeRiffseveryone
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

Well, this IS basically a death metal forum dude.
yes its a gay project, and no im not in special needs class.

Old 2006-03-13, 23:15
Panda
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeRiffseveryone
Well, this IS basically a death metal forum dude.

well, did i mention that this IS NOT a death metal forum? ofcourse most post relate to death metal cuz most members listen to it. but if for you this is the reason why every other genre should be ignored youd better shoot yourself now.
this thread was about the new metallica before someone mentioned that they and every other non death bands suck ... simplified. okay i fucked this thread up bann me