MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2005-11-06, 15:32
The Execrator
Noob lud

Overrated Drummers

Ok, some drummers get alot more credit than they should. Feel free to argue but don't turn it into a "THIS DRUMMER IS BETTER THAN...!!11!!!1", or it will get closed really fast.

I would have to go with Flo. Everybody worships him, yet his playing is sloppy as hell, and his drum kit sounds horrible. His playing is very annoying to me.

And John Bonham. He's rated as one of the top drummers of all time, yet he didn't do anything special. He didn't do any cool rudiments or fills, it was just modern playing. I read in a magazine once " Yes, anybody can play that Zeppelin song, but could anyone else could have come up with that drum part?". Fuck that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-11-06, 15:58
Transient
HES BAAACK

fuck bonham, he sucks. thats about all i can think of for overrated drummers though, i agree with flo, hes sloppy as hell. his snare rhytms ATROCIOUS

Old 2005-11-06, 16:31
low-tech
Post-whore

bonham changed the drumset, he had huge customized sets, deep toms,bigger bass drums. the industry change since after to make bigger kits, gongs,double bass kits and so on. so i think part of his legacy was his sound being influencal along with his skill. overrated.......i dont know, the guy had the "presence", people could tolerate hour long drum solos whereas other drummers would be written off as pretensious, ego inflated show offs. he also knew when to hold back, he played what made the song sound good, not just playing showy fills at the end of every measure. a final note is he died young, so there are alot of what ifs about how he would evolve as a drummer.
i personally wasnt really much into led zepplin when i started getting into hardcore,grind,metal. but over the years im really getting to appreciate them. but i can see in the context of the mans skill some can make the claim.

i think neil peart is overrated, for the last 20 years he is regarded as the fucking ayahtollah of all things drums by magazines. and i say this in kind coz i like early rush and i think hes a damn good drummer, its just hes been touted as the end all be all no questions asked. i realized this when he did "the burning of buddy rich" album. i saw documentary footage of him doing one of buddy's big band songs......after i had watch about an hour of a buddy rich documentary. he threw down a very simplified reindition of the drums whereas you'd expect something no less than a note by note, beat by beat cover. it was so dumbed down its not even worth a listen. i also watch other drummers contribution recording/preforming with buddy richs old band and they did a far better job, i cant emphisize how much better the others were. the actual songs buddy did are not the most complex thing in the world for those with a modest swing experience, buddy always played straightforward big band stuff. he was far from progressive in terms of musical style.

lots of people say lars ulrich is overrated, but i like his playing. and he was always compared to popular hair metal drummers of his time when metallica first made it. he was a run of the mill thrash drummer, but compare a run of the mill thrash drummer to anyone making mainstream so called "heavy metal" ie glam rock crap and yeah he'll seem like bruce fucking lee compared to tommy lee and whoever played for warrant,skid row,def leperd,ratt,slaughter etc

Last edited by low-tech : 2005-11-06 at 16:34.

Old 2005-11-06, 16:51
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
lots of people say lars ulrich is overrated,

1. he sucks
2. he sucks live
3. hes a prick. i saw them live and he is one of the biggest fucken douchbag drummers ive ever seen. "HEY DO YOU WANT MY STICKS!!!!! WELL TO FUCKEN BAD IM GONNA SPIT ON YOU INSTEAD" --lars. he would actually hold out his sticks just out of reach of the crowd and then pull them back and fucken spit on them!!! [/rant]

Old 2005-11-06, 17:00
The Execrator
Noob lud

Yeah, I agree with you low-tech. He had that big ass bass drum. His kit always sounds huge on the Zeppelin recordings. I just hate seeing him on the top 100 drummers of all time list. The top 100 list is basically just popularity, not skill.

Lars is an ok drummer. He is in no way overrated. Everybody just thinks hes an asshole so nobody talks about him much.

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-11-06, 17:17
low-tech
Post-whore

when metallica first went mainstream everyone thought he was this super technical genius coz of the double pedal. it was kinda new to the MTV generation. nowadays i wouldnt be suprised if they play to tapes

Old 2005-11-06, 19:19
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

I think metallica in general are way too overated...sorry that was a bit off topic, but oh well.

Presonus Firepod - $425 shipped
Gator 4 Space Rack Case - $75 shipped
Rackmount Tuner - $75 shipped
Pacific Drum Works 5000 Double Bass Pedal - $175 shipped

Old 2005-11-06, 20:10
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

I think lars is overrated. Also, joey jordison is a bit overrated.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2005-11-07, 01:28
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Lars isn't overated

No one in metal thinks he is good!!!

Flo is soooo not overated, when I watch his solos he does some seriously SICK shit!!!

John Bonham gave us the John Bonham triplet....

The person I reckon who is most overated would be well, not alot of people really, mainly because drummers that are shit, most people think are shit and drummers that are good, most people think are good, there aren't too many drummers who play stuff that makes me go hmmm I could play that, yet everyone hails as great!

Old 2005-11-07, 01:40
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie_gravy
IAlso, joey jordison is a bit overrated.

The reason he's overrated is because he's the best drummer that all the nu-metal kids listen too.

Quote:

Old 2005-11-07, 21:32
LordofStorms
Post-whore

I agree with everyone who said Flo.I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks his playing is way overrated.Also alot of my friends worship Frost from Satyricon,I've never really seen whats so great about him.

EDIT: Oh and all the bm cunts who think Hellhammer was the best ever.I own the live album and let me tell you,that is the sloppiest drumming I've ever heard.

Last edited by LordofStorms : 2005-11-07 at 21:34.

Old 2005-11-07, 22:17
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Quote:
Frost from Satyricon,I've never really seen whats so great about him.

I Love Frosts drumming, it is really heavy and the dude has some nice breakdowns! also check his stuff in 1349, more blasting and more brutal

Quote:
Oh and all the bm cunts who think Hellhammer was the best ever.I own the live album and let me tell you,that is the sloppiest drumming I've ever heard.

Hellhammer is a fucking monster dude!!! have you heard him play Jazz? he fucking kicks major ass, he does stuff like push pull blasting (VERY hard to do) and other crazy shit, I have seen perfomances of him where he is tight as fuck and pulls out the tech shit like no one!!!

Old 2005-11-07, 22:22
freezing_moon
New Blood

Mike Portnoy is pretty overrated, I don't like him much

Old 2005-11-07, 23:19
low-tech
Post-whore

i hate mark portnoy, i dont why........i just do

i think the slipnot drummer is good its just his talents arent exactly utilized, then again i never listen to slipnot beyond when switch it off the radio, and oh yeah, that rollerball movie.

kieth moon, drummer of the who is far overrated, never really liked the who anyways. the dudes been immortalized like john bodham but ive never seen nor heard anything from the guy that warrants it. i see footage of him behind 30 piece drumsets but i never hear all those drums being used in who songs. the only thing i saw that impressed me was when he blew up his bass drum and nearly killed the other members. maybe he gets cool points for chainsawing hotel rooms to pieces, being insane and a notorious alcoholic, thats about it. ive seen tommy and quadraphenia<however the fuck you spell it>solid drummer at best...........a legend, hell no.

Old 2005-11-07, 23:48
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

fuck that i love flo haha but yeah i dont wanna get into any gay ass e-fight

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2005-11-07, 23:55
Mayhem
Senior Metalhead

Flo is alright, But Portnoy sucks in my opinion

Old 2005-11-08, 00:43
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
fuck that i love flo haha but yeah i dont wanna get into any gay ass e-fight

FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKER!!!1!! YOU BIG MEANIE!

Anyways, Mike Portnoy gets on my nerves sometimes. He's ok, but alot of Dream Theatre fans are obsessed over him.

Quote:

Old 2005-11-08, 01:55
foxguitar
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

peter criss sucks the big one
lars blows
Tommy aldridge ,Dave Lombardo ,Neil Peart , and vinnie paul on the other hand rule.

Old 2005-11-08, 01:57
foxguitar
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
fuck bonham, he sucks. thats about all i can think of for overrated drummers though, i agree with flo, hes sloppy as hell. his snare rhytms ATROCIOUS

Fuck you Bonham was great. Not Jason he sucks John was awsum as was keith moon

Old 2005-11-08, 02:03
Mayhem
Senior Metalhead

Dave Lombardo is Underrated....When i'm talking with people about drums no one ever mentions him...And than I mention him and they go, whos that?...I think he is an amazing drummer with a very unique style....Deserves more credit than what he gets

Old 2005-11-08, 08:33
LordofStorms
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ black metal drumm
Hellhammer is a fucking monster dude!!! have you heard him play Jazz? he fucking kicks major ass, he does stuff like push pull blasting (VERY hard to do) and other crazy shit, I have seen perfomances of him where he is tight as fuck and pulls out the tech shit like no one!!!

Now that would be interesting,I had no idea he played any type of jazz.

Old 2005-11-08, 08:49
LucidDreamer
Senior Metalhead

Ulrich is over rated.
joey is under rated.
portnoy deserves his high rating. not for his dream theater stuff, for his drum workshop stuff.
and buddy rich can pound a few

Welcome to MetalTabs my friend!

"Brother will kill brother, spreading blood across the land. Killing for religion, something I don't understand." - 'staine.

Old 2005-11-08, 09:29
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Jazz is the reason HellHammer is so fucking mantis, He used to get home and practice solid Jazz for 3 Hours a day!!!! that is why he is so awesome today!

Old 2005-11-08, 20:34
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem
Dave Lombardo is Underrated....When i'm talking with people about drums no one ever mentions him...And than I mention him and they go, whos that?...I think he is an amazing drummer with a very unique style....Deserves more credit than what he gets

He's not underrated at all. Ask any metal drummer who their biggest influence is in drumming, theres a 75% chance its Lombardo.

Quote:

Old 2005-11-08, 22:29
Mayhem
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
He's not underrated at all. Ask any metal drummer who their biggest influence is in drumming, theres a 75% chance its Lombardo.

Ya but I mean try asking someone who doesn't listen to metal about Dave Lombardo and I bet they won't have a clue opposed to if you ask them about someone like Lars Ulrich (who by the way is OVERRATED) they would most likely know who he is...Thats all I mean

Old 2005-11-09, 22:03
low-tech
Post-whore

metal musicians are usually denounced/condescended by the industry,magazines, by music school students,teachers and so on, especially hippy, blues band "weekend warrior" types. from a drummers point of view, things like thrash, blastbeats and the sheer bpm of most death/black metal/grind etc songs makes the blues foggee crowd, jazz geek authorities insecure. its a fundimentally different emphisis of percussion, one thats not easy. a complexity not seen since the jazz era. the bar has been raised over thier heads and alot of these naysayer people,magazines, music school authorities know it. i know im generalizing but thats what i gather from reading music mags, talking to musicians, reading on the net, drum forums etc. you have a small crowd of older drummers,musicians who embrace this relatively new way of playing overwhelmed by a resentful,insecure crowd of people who worship Bonham, Moon, buddy rich, art blakey,neal peart,max roach etc and easily dismiss anything related to metal, they dont even wanna give it a listen. ironically most metal drummers are the most open about appreciating the other styles and are only met with contempt by dudes who play weak ass back beats and consider that "dynamics"

Old 2005-11-10, 08:21
morbid_priest
Senior Metalhead

Joey Jordison is so fucking overrated.
I dont actually care when its just a bunch of kids going "j0eY r0o0xXx" but when you read drum magazine and find hes got the "best drummer in metal" award, thats when I get quite angry
BLEEDING IN ECSTASY

Old 2005-11-10, 08:33
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Joey is actually a REALLY good drummer, I rate him up there, he isn't quite a Derek Roddy or a Flo, but he is up there, just because he doesn't blast constantly doesn't make him any less good, his playing suits his style (slipknot) but outside that he is really good.

Old 2005-11-10, 08:54
LucidDreamer
Senior Metalhead

i agree, when he filled in for ulrich at download festival '04 I felt it would be better for all if he was a perm replacement. On that note, he'd probably do better voc's as well. and his face is prob less synthetic, mask and all,than hetfields.

"Brother will kill brother, spreading blood across the land. Killing for religion, something I don't understand." - 'staine.

Old 2005-11-10, 10:41
fatdanny
Post-whore

Paul Mazurkiewicz is fucking dull, I don't know if anyone rates him as good though.

Old 2005-11-10, 11:55
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Worst drummer, hey? Hmmmmmm what about, Cryptopsy guy, [dunno the name] and, lets see, and, fuck why I cant think of any? Maybe the FF guy.

And an awesome drummer is AiwarikiaR,

Old 2005-11-10, 14:15
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Low-Tech, your post should be made into a poster, and then put in the drum room of every Guitar Center ever.

Old 2005-11-10, 15:33
hot spicy
Metalhead

Hmmm i'm surprised about calling Flo as an overrated drummer...
Sure on some parts he sounds sloppy (mainly the very fast ones)
But the main thing is he sounds very ... human and he grooves like a bastard.
Listen to all the new death/black and whatever metal records out there.
Most of them has a drumsound triggered like hell (new cryptopsy too unfortunately) and sounds tight like hell.
But don't forget the way of a production.
Most bands uses pro tools to correct every sloppy notes and wrong lines.
Fear factory without pro tools would sound like shit (nothing against them...)
So you can only make your opinion by seeing a live performance.
I saw cryptopsy live (some years ago) but there're definately great musicians no doubt.

About paul from CC.
Ok he don't have many ideas and always playing the same but
first: he's tight like hell live and together with his drum-style the CC sound we know was born (you know what i mean...)

About lars ulrich.
Definately overrated as a drummer.
But together with james they were the best songwriting team in the 80's.

So you see there're other important things to think about IMO

Old 2005-11-10, 18:35
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
metal musicians are usually denounced/condescended by the industry,magazines, by music school students,teachers and so on, especially hippy, blues band "weekend warrior" types. from a drummers point of view, things like thrash, blastbeats and the sheer bpm of most death/black metal/grind etc songs makes the blues foggee crowd, jazz geek authorities insecure. its a fundimentally different emphisis of percussion, one thats not easy. a complexity not seen since the jazz era. the bar has been raised over thier heads and alot of these naysayer people,magazines, music school authorities know it. i know im generalizing but thats what i gather from reading music mags, talking to musicians, reading on the net, drum forums etc. you have a small crowd of older drummers,musicians who embrace this relatively new way of playing overwhelmed by a resentful,insecure crowd of people who worship Bonham, Moon, buddy rich, art blakey,neal peart,max roach etc and easily dismiss anything related to metal, they dont even wanna give it a listen. ironically most metal drummers are the most open about appreciating the other styles and are only met with contempt by dudes who play weak ass back beats and consider that "dynamics"

This is right on the money and I'd extend it to musicians in general who play extreme metal. The whole "That's just noiz00rz!" attitude grates me at times as people, while holding their right to not like the music, still fail to acknowledge the skill involved. OK hotshot, put your "Oasis for beginners" tab book down and you play it.

Robert: I've seen Fear Factory live and Raymond pulls everything off perfectly. His kick drumming is very accurate.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2005-11-10, 22:07
low-tech
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
Low-Tech, your post should be made into a poster, and then put in the drum room of every Guitar Center ever.

the old proving grounds..........i love trolling the drum department and gravity blast on the electron kits, i love the show-off enviroment, sometimes the oldtimers come in and rip and its cool to watch. since i dont have the rudiment power of alot of the jazz style players i enjoy watching them.

anyways, the guy who plays for system of a down, the whole band really. i heard a hit song not long ago that had the weakest blast part i ever heard, weaker than that darkthrone guy.

a guy i dont like is mitch harris,former drummer of napalm death. awesome drummer, the man acted like he invented the wheel,egomaniac. i dont understand half of what the fuck the dude says, he speaks that brand of cockney english thats all cock and no english. hes as bad as the trailer park gypsy guy in the movie snatch. says something about being "chauf" and tells the interviewer he is the faster drummer,most skilled on earth. i have a napalm live demo split with carcass, its the most lo-fi shit i ever heard in my life, not worth the 8 bucks i paid. would almost be bearable to listen too if fucking he didnt talk soooo much shit inbetween songs, dude ruins the whole set

Last edited by low-tech : 2005-11-10 at 22:31.

Old 2005-11-10, 22:24
DEAD
Post-whore

Derek Roddy is overrated.
Comforting silence

Old 2005-11-10, 23:40
Transient
HES BAAACK

THEMS FIGHTIN WORDS!

Old 2005-11-10, 23:59
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Derek is AWESOME!!!

and a really nice guy!

Old 2005-11-11, 05:24
Soeru
Post-whore

Roddy is definately not overrated. His instructional videos and live performance are wayyyy better than on the last 2 HE albums.

Joey is overrated and so is Steve Asheim(Deicide). Vader's new drummer is slightly overrated but he's gotten a lot better(I saw them live this Monday and he definately showed a lot of improvement from a few months ago). Pete Sandoval really keeps it together, he's by far a really kick ass drummer. I mean... fuck, go listen to Terrorizer, just before he went on with Morbid Angel and keep in mind he only used a single bassdrum.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2005-11-11, 13:45
hot spicy
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Robert: I've seen Fear Factory live and Raymond pulls everything off perfectly. His kick drumming is very accurate.

I know. But i was talking about the whole production like on "demanufacture" for example. You'll never get such a sound without pro-tools in my opinion.
This was not meant for the drums only. Everything sounds like a machine.
It's hard to explain. Raymond is sure some bastard of a drummer without a doubt.

But i can't believe that someone thinks that Derek Roddy is overrated????
Ahhhhhh what i'm doing here?
I'm a guitarist so i better go to where i belong hahaha

Last edited by hot spicy : 2005-11-11 at 13:47.

Old 2005-11-11, 18:00
DEAD
Post-whore

When I saw Hate Eternal live, they were pretty bad.
Comforting silence

Old 2005-11-11, 21:20
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Paul from Cannibal Corpse is pretty bad I think.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2005-11-11, 22:13
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot spicy
I'm a guitarist so i better go to where i belong hahaha

Anybody can post in this thread. You don't need to be a drummer to think a drummer is overrated.

I think Paul is a good drummer. Doesn't do too much exciting stuff but his playing fits the music perfectly.

Quote:

Old 2005-11-12, 00:07
BlackRoseImmortal
Senior Metalhead

George Kollias. Sure he's fantastic behind the kit, but often I've seen people treat him like he's the best thing that happened to Nile, whereas Laureno and Hammoura (sp?) were better.
overated doesn't have to mean bad

Old 2005-11-12, 00:30
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

People worship kollias cause he is so young!!!! and to step up and fill the shoes of drumming for nile for one so young is absolutley nuts!!! add to that George does some pretty sick drumming in AOTW!!

Old 2005-11-12, 04:22
crispykid
Senior Metalhead

as nasty as vinnie paul is he is way to overrated. not hating on him at all jsut saying that he is way to overrated.

Old 2005-11-12, 05:07
LucidDreamer
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
About lars ulrich.
Definately overrated as a drummer.
But together with james they were the best songwriting team in the 80's.

yeah, I think they are both better songwriters than players. IMO Metallica lost their most talented players early -burton and mustaine. Maybe thats why each album got progressivley worse.

Old 2005-11-12, 05:11
low-tech
Post-whore

i was never really a big pantera fan

alot of people giving the mastadon drummer props for doing way to many drumfills, i wasnt really impressed tho and thought their newest album sucks

Old 2005-11-12, 08:46
humancorpse
Post-whore

Quote:
But i can't believe that someone thinks that Derek Roddy is overrated????

Agreed. I`ve seen two bootlegs of hate eternal live, and dereks drumming is flawless all the time.

Old 2005-11-12, 14:21
dark usurper
Senior Metalhead

After seeing the videos on George Kollias' webiste, I'm convinced. He's the best fucking drummer ever. The video of CDtH is insane!

Old 2005-11-14, 10:24
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRoseImmortal
George Kollias. Sure he's fantastic behind the kit, but often I've seen people treat him like he's the best thing that happened to Nile, whereas Laureno and Hammoura (sp?) were better.
overated doesn't have to mean bad

I prefer Laureano to Kollias, but George is still a beast behind the skins.

Old 2005-11-14, 11:02
LordofStorms
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark usurper
After seeing the videos on George Kollias' webiste, I'm convinced. He's the best fucking drummer ever.

I agree completely.

Old 2005-11-14, 11:26
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Quote:
i was never really a big pantera fan

alot of people giving the mastadon drummer props for doing way to many drumfills, i wasnt really impressed tho and thought their newest album sucks

Hey,

I think that the Mastodon drummer was in Today is the Day?

On the album Sadness Will Prevail. Wow, if that is so, he is quite awesome, I'd rave about him too in that case, flawless and awesome, EXTREMELY unique, wow! Listent and go buy that album.

But in anyway case, if its' not that same one, well, buy that album, drums still rule either way.

Old 2005-11-14, 22:49
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

I dont think Mike portnoy or Joey jordison are overrated, Mike portnoy is actually amazing at what he does, the time sigs, insane fills, and joey is very good to, just because he is in slipknot, people try to shut that out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2005-11-14, 23:14
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

mike portnoy is good but he overuses IMO splits (y'all know the RhLhRfLf kinda fill) but yeah he is good!

Old 2005-11-15, 15:53
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Lars Ulrich he's a noob anyway.

Old 2005-11-15, 20:36
Cattlefan#1
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattered
I dont think Mike portnoy or Joey jordison are overrated, Mike portnoy is actually amazing at what he does, the time sigs, insane fills, and joey is very good to, just because he is in slipknot, people try to shut that out..

I don't think just because he is in slipknot he is "shut out." I think half the people in here are in the right mind to notice talent regardless of the music. In my opinion, he IS overrated though, like someone else said, him being in the top 10 or whatever for best metal drummer, that's bullshit, apparently none of the voters peaked under the blankets to see what other GREAT drummers were hiding. I don't think Flo or Derek have the assistance of 2 other drum players to add to their sound ike joey does. I saw Flo in october and i must say, his playing was a tad sloppy at times, but he IS an amazing drummer! overrated Flo is not, it's just he is talked about so much that I think people get the impression he is overrated. He's amazing.

Oh yeah and By the way, Raymond Herrera from Fear Factory is kick ass

one more thing, if you wanna hear a pretty sweet drummer, check out Domination Through Impurity or Lust of Decay. Jordan Varela is amazing (a little off topic )

A live one trapped underneath.

Last edited by Cattlefan#1 : 2005-11-15 at 20:40.

Old 2005-11-16, 03:20
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

John Bonham basically opened up the door for metal drumming. Regardless of whether or not he should be considered overrated, he changed the way drummers played. For the better, if we're agreed that we like metal drumming. If we're not, let's move that to another thread, shall we? But yeah, he's probably overrated.

Joey's too high profile not to be overrated. Same with Portnoy. When I saw the Gigantour, everybody who was in the 'pit' was only there to cream their pants over stolen glimpses of Portnoy's kit. Remember that 'overrated' is not equal to bad; it just means given more than their due. Joey Jordison is very good, but he's not world class and treated as though he is. Thus, overrated.

Some others:
Nick Barker
Richard Christy
Flo Mournier
Derek Roddy (actually he probably isn't, but he limits himself severely when it comes to extreme metal)

That's about all I have. I'd probably have a longer list of underrated. Remember, I'm not saying any of these players are bad, just that their talents are not commensurate with their reputations.

Old 2005-11-16, 05:41
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Nick Barker overated?

dude come ON! I love his drumming and so does every other metal drummer I know loves his style, he is not overated! he has good groove and feel!

Flo isn't overated the man is a beast, whether or not you think he is sloppy (try playing his drum parts and see what the meaning of sloppy is, in fact I am quite a fan of his style because it itsn't mechanical and precise, it is human and full of feeling etc.)

Derek plays what he needs to play for the band, which in Hate Eternal is his style of constant blast etc, and even that is always tight as fuck.

Richard Christy, come on the dude played for death, which means playing Gene Hoglans parts! I quite like his drumming too!

I understand that you do not think they are bad, but I think all of these guys worked their asses off to earn their reps and I think they fully deserve them!

Old 2005-11-16, 12:41
jimmers
Senior Metalhead

Regarding Joey: I don't know anyone who thinks he's somehow a god or a super-human drummer. It's plainly obvious he's not in the league of the absolute elite that we could all list. Thing with him is that his style of drumming is within reach of a normal person in the bedroom or basement. I don't like Slipknot either, but I think as an "everyman" drummer Joey is among the best.. along with Lombardo, Kevin Talley etc. They're not doing anything that's beyond the reach of any of us, but the groove and style they play with makes them stand out.

As far as people like Flo, Barker, George etc etc go, I don't like them much because I don't like the music. If anything, I think the music is overrated, but you can't possibly overrate the hours and hours of practice, the dedication, the innovation etc that they put in.

Just a note about Derek Roddy - I've only recently started lurking about in his forum and I've been MASSIVELY impressed by the points he's been making lately about technique not being the be-all and end-all of playing. It's the most common sense I think I've ever heard (read) about the faster and more extreme aspects of drums. I think I'd go as far as to say anyone who hasn't read it probably underrates him.

Old 2005-11-16, 19:33
low-tech
Post-whore

"Just a note about Derek Roddy - I've only recently started lurking about in his forum and I've been MASSIVELY impressed by the points he's been making lately about technique not being the be-all and end-all of playing. It's the most common sense I think I've ever heard (read) about the faster and more extreme aspects of drums. I think I'd go as far as to say anyone who hasn't read it probably underrates him."

i recently saw some instruction footage where he does latin groove, hand/foot independence,some solos etc. the man has skill that exceeds his reputation of a metal drummer. i havent been to his forum but i concur upon the footage alone that he more seems to be underrated, hes alot more well rounded than alot of people know

Old 2005-11-16, 19:57
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Quote:
mike portnoy is good but he overuses IMO splits (y'all know the RhLhRfLf kinda fill) but yeah he is good!

Yeah that fill is sometimes overused when people know it, but it sounds good in the right places.

Quote:

Old 2005-11-16, 20:35
humancorpse
Post-whore

Quote:
"Just a note about Derek Roddy - I've only recently started lurking about in his forum and I've been MASSIVELY impressed by the points he's been making lately about technique not being the be-all and end-all of playing. It's the most common sense I think I've ever heard (read) about the faster and more extreme aspects of drums. I think I'd go as far as to say anyone who hasn't read it probably underrates him."

i recently saw some instruction footage where he does latin groove, hand/foot independence,some solos etc. the man has skill that exceeds his reputation of a metal drummer. i havent been to his forum but i concur upon the footage alone that he more seems to be underrated, hes alot more well rounded than alot of people know

Yup Derek rules. Whats your name at his forum by the way?

Old 2005-11-16, 21:28
jimmers
Senior Metalhead

I haven't joined it, I'm just lurking about in the shadows. But if I do join it'll be as Jimmers.

The technique thing in particular has made me warm to the dude more than I ever expected I would. I have trouble fitting in time to practice and when I do I'm governed by noise levels etc, and so (understandably, I suppose) I'm always on the look out for the magic technique - the quick fix solution. Like some overweight, lazy slob on a miracle cure diet. I've spent ages looking at other drummers' videos and forum stuff explaining this technique or that, and often think that it'll be THE ONE to break the spell; that I'll be able to watch Bostic or whoever, then just sit at my kit next Thursday night, wiggle my little toe and 210bpm will flood out.

It's no secret that the only answer to these things is practicepracticepractice, but I've been fooled into thinking that what I was practicing was wrong; that I needed to adjust my stool the same way Lombardo does; or wear the same shoes as Tim Waterson does; or make the same face that Hoglan does.. Well - it doesn't happen like that. These dudes are pioneers and did it their way. You can bet your fucking arse that none of them browsed forums every night looking to see how everyone else did what they wanted to do - they just played and played until they reached the level they're on now.

You have to find what works for you and follow that to the extreme - no matter what everyone else says/does/types. Roddy recently posted this as a thread topic:

What's the "best technique" for staying in a band?
What's the "best technique" to get along with people so you can stay in a band?
What's the "best technique" for spending 3 hours a day playing your drums?

Everyone got their serious faces on and tried to poe-facedly answer the questions. Of course there were lots of different answers and different takes on it. None of them making much sense, but everyone just said what worked for them. And guess what?!?! That was the point he was making. There is no definitive answer to those things, the same as there is no definitive answer to how to play fast. (Everyone made that face like "aaahh.. I KNEW it was a trick question" but they were curiously quiet about it at the time. I personally missed the point of it until he spelt it out, and from then on I've thought about the man in a totally different light).

Old 2005-11-17, 03:00
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

I would like to point out that on that technique post, I pointed out that I didn't know it was a trick question and gave my advice, to something I thought was good enough to warrant advice!

Old 2005-11-17, 09:55
jimmers
Senior Metalhead

Hah. Yeah, sorry - you did. Respect.

Old 2005-11-17, 11:49
low-tech
Post-whore

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...SI3SDEGZM1N0Z06

this is one of my favorite drummers, i dont even know the dudes name. this guy aint sponsored, wont be featured in any drum mag, employs drum skills that are average. but something in the songs allows this man to rip like i never heard a drummer play. single pedal,4 piece drumkit, no rudiments, no flashy huge drumfills, no 800 piece drumset, no left hand lead paradiddle roll backwards around the toms back to snare while doing a backflip etc.

a thing i look most into a drummer is unorthodoxy and creativity, using more with less. so here is a guy in my eyes underrated, but the reason i feel he is good is a little different.

Old 2005-11-18, 10:10
jimmers
Senior Metalhead

http://www.hellaband.com/media/vid/vid.html

Similar idea to what low-tech said above. From what I can gather it's just the two of them, and the band are awful. But man - what a nuts drummer. Loads of heel-toe stuff, loads of strange rolls and unusual bits. Ace.

Old 2005-11-18, 11:59
low-tech
Post-whore

zach hill, hella, seen them live. that kid is young, few years younger than myself and im 26. one of the most skilled drummers i ever seen, the live stuff is alot more intense than the albums

Old 2005-11-18, 14:16
ulrichmc
Senior Metalhead

John Bonham's playing might be overrated, but his influence is undeniable. Together with Keith Moon, they played louder and heavier than anyone before. He might be overrated because some people put him among the top drummers ever, but that doesn't mean he wasn't pretty damn good anyway. But what do I know, I'm just a bloody guitar player

I think Lars Ulrich is way overrated too, but whoever said Hetfield is overrated, I gotta disagree. He is IMNSHO the best metal rythym guitarist there is. Or was, when they still played some good old thrash. He is responsible for the chugging sound that Dime later became famous for. Plus the guy can downpick like it ain't no one's fucking business. I'd take him in my band anyday over that lame, lack-of-musicianship fag Hammett (now there's a guy that's overrated). Anyway, this is all for whoever said Hetfield was overrated. Alas, this is a drum forum/thread, so I regress. Sorry for the rant
Where is the invisible line that we must draw to create individual thought?

Old 2005-12-16, 16:50
Eternal Darkness
New Blood

i think dave lonbardo is one of the most overated drummers ever! i've seen both him n paul bostaph play with slayer hands down lombardo eats bostaph's shit!

Old 2005-12-16, 23:20
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezing_moon
Mike Portnoy is pretty overrated, I don't like him much

Overrated?

Nah, he deserves all the attention he gets IMO.

But he is an amazing drummer, defiently a well rounded player. I cant think of anyone who holds up with him.

I say an underated drummer would have to be Kevin Talley

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-12-17, 02:50
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Quote:
i think dave lonbardo is one of the most overated drummers ever! i've seen both him n paul bostaph play with slayer hands down lombardo eats bostaph's shit!

you can post again when you say something smart

Lombardo spanks Bostaph when it comes to Slayer.

Period

No discussion

go listen to Seasons in the abyss, Dave at his peak.

Old 2005-12-18, 00:41
Eternal Darkness
New Blood

Quote:
you can post again when you say something smart

Lombardo spanks Bostaph when it comes to Slayer.

Period

No discussion

go listen to Seasons in the abyss, Dave at his peak.

in studio nething is possable., at his peak yes he was still dam good not a patch on the likes of bobby jarzombek r richard christy., and live (where it counts) bostaph wiped the floor with him!

Old 2005-12-18, 00:48
Vomitor
Metalhead

Musicians that are usually overrated are the ones that are commercial and the underrated are the ones which are underground, at least for the most part. You also have to define the wor doverrated, overrated to what standard? I say Joey Jordison is overrated, but he's better than me, so I can't preach. I don't put a lot of faith into speed, it doesn't mean all that much to me. Tons of people go gah gah over these 1000 bpm drummers. It's cool to see, but gets boring faster than they play. You have to be even in all aspects and excell in some to be a great drummer. Now here's for some underground drummers....

I compiled a list of black metal drummers and posted it somehwere else, but here are a few I really enjoy.

Zabek- From Polish band Yattering
Proscriptor- From Texas black/thrash band Absu (I highly recommend you check out his work)

and for the black metal drummers

Xytras- Samael (Extremely influential drummer, even his later worxx are of great value)
Cryptic Winter aka Duane Timlin- Judas Iscariot, Weltmacht, Forest of Impaled
(One of the fastest drummers I've heard and doesn't use triggers. Yes he doesn't play a lot of traditional tom fills, but this is black metal right?)
Fredrik Andersson- Ex-Marduk(Whom I don't like, but is fast)
Inferno- Behemoth/Azarath(Uses a lot of triplets, but is creative)
Frost- Satyricon (Master of the barbarian fills/ ride cymbal tricks)
Nick Barker- Dimmu Borgir/COF/Brujeria...(Which isn't black metal) (Ok, he does some cool shit, but it gets old)
Horgh- Immortal (Not my favorite drummer since he isn't very technical, but he has a good sense of a beat and how to go with the music to fit the mood)
Hellhammer- Mayhem (Again he is given too much credit, but his work on De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas made him. A very capable drummer)
Fenriz- Darkthrone( You all are crazy if you don't think Fenriz is a good drummer)
Carl Michael Eide aka Aggressor- Ulver/Dodheimsgard/Aura Noir etc. (Personally I believe he is the best drummer in the underground period)
Thomas Tannenberger- Abigor/Golden Dawn(which isn't BM) (This guy is amazing, his concepts are insane, well maybe not, but he's a fucking great drummer)
Ole Ohman- Dissection (Um, where have you been? This guy is really good. I like his double bass/fills a lot)
Trym- Enslaved (Man this guy........oh shit! Although I like Harald Helgeson's work on Eld more)
Faust- Emperor (Also a very capable drummer, but I think is overrated, he has a couple cool tricks, but other than that, fairly ordinary)
Erik Brødreskift aka Grim- Immortal/Gorgoroth/Borknagar(not BM) (An elite drummer in underground BM, he shares his chalice with satan now)
Armagedda- Immortal (Ever hear Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism? This guy rules, where the fuck are you?)

Ok I have a lot more, but to me these are the most important.

Top 5 Black Metal Drummers

1. Carl Michael Eide
2. Frost
3. Hellhammer
4. Fenriz
5. Thomas Tannenberger

The choice for me is a combination of technicality, creativeness, fluidity and personal preference

Old 2005-12-18, 00:56
Vomitor
Metalhead

So many drummer's out there....

Last edited by Vomitor : 2005-12-18 at 01:03.

Old 2005-12-18, 01:49
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmers
http://www.hellaband.com/media/vid/vid.html

Similar idea to what low-tech said above. From what I can gather it's just the two of them, and the band are awful. But man - what a nuts drummer. Loads of heel-toe stuff, loads of strange rolls and unusual bits. Ace.

Yeah, the drummer from hella! is pretty nuts. His style is similar to the dude in Mastodon.

What's everyone's eductated thoughts on Danny Carry?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2005-12-18, 06:33
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Quote:
bostaph wiped the floor with him!

except that Bostaph couldn't play the bass rolls that lombardo could....

(watch war at the warfeild, Bostaph is doing sextuplets where dave plays full 16ths)

Quote:
I say Joey Jordison is overrated,

nah man, he deserves his praise, sure there are the nu metal kids who think he is the greatest on the earth, because he is the most extreme drummer they will have heard, but listen to the tracks on the Road Runner 25 anniversary compilation CD thing, he did one with Glen Benton and other Extreme metal musiciand and OH FUCK!!! I am sure he is doing about 230 or something, full death metal drumming, blasts, sick double bass, it is ALL there he deserves his praise as an extreme drummer!!

Quote:
What's everyone's eductated thoughts on Danny Carry?

Good drummer! I like his feel and his style he has a good feel with odd time sigs, has some really good chops that he can bust out, he isn't the greatest or the best, but he IS good and I do enjoy his drumming (and therefore Tool) very much so

Old 2005-12-18, 06:54
Requiem
Post-whore

I know this one and i dont even play drums.That basterd Joey from Slipknot.

Old 2005-12-18, 17:13
muffmaster
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Lombardo kills Bostaph Hands down

Old 2005-12-18, 21:39
Vomitor
Metalhead

Divine Intervention, has some extremely heavy drumming. I'll have to say Lombardo is better though.

Last edited by Vomitor : 2005-12-18 at 21:44.

Old 2005-12-18, 23:48
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Yeah i was amazed when i found out Paul bostaph was drumming on Divine..

Quote:

Old 2006-01-03, 23:36
xxgenocide98xx
New Blood

Some of my opinions here, obviously.

Peart is overrated, not because he sucks, but because people hype him up. Much like Flo, he is so talked about that people are under the impression he is god himself and he isnt really that great.

Portnoy IS the only overrated drummer I can think of, honestly nothing bores me more than dreamtheatre. I despise that band from start to finish.

Overrated band? The Berserker. Just frigging boring. There is nothing great about it, its just really fast. Its so fast that its boring. If I wanted to listen to that I would just speed up something like Vader, at least it would be more interesting in that case.

The problem with the 'overrated' thing is that its based purely on hype. People only know what they see/hear, so generally someone can say Peart is the zomgfastestdrummer evar when they havent heard anyone like Derek Roddy, who is also mentioned alot.

I think derek's playing is boring in Hate Eternal but he has alot of cool solos and he is excellent. I think Flo is amazing as well, I like his playing in Cryptopsy alot more than I like Derek's in Hate Etenral, so I prefer Flo to Roddy any day of the week. I can't honestly understand why people would say stuff like 'flo is really sloppy' or 'derek is sloppy' because you know, if you could do it better you'd be in a metal band like Hate Eternal and Cryptopsy.. Then some kid would say the same about you! People have their off days, hell, with these guys its like off BEATS because they are that close to perfection... you can't honestly expect it perfect every single time when you're playing something that complex. everyone makes mistkaes now and then.

Sometimes you put the milk in the cupboard and you put the cereal in the fridge. Shit happens,lol.

Old 2006-01-04, 00:57
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Portnoy isn't overated, he is good, yeah people talk him up a bit, but he does deserve alot of it, some of the time sig changes, especially in the DT instrumentals are NUTS!!!

and neil Peart, well he is bloody good, not my style, but a bloody good drummer!!!

Old 2006-01-04, 20:38
low-tech
Post-whore

ive always had a burning hatred for portnoy and dream theater that i cannot exactly place, its like mid tempo drumming where rudiments can be utilized to thier fullest, rock beats with odd but boring signatures. skilled yes, interesting?...........for me, no.

hella's drummer zach hill, on the other hand is far more interesting because the complexity is so constant and above the bar. but for me its the same problem, rudiments. im not interested in rudiment wankery foremost. maybe if rudiments where used with the beats, fine but big, complex drumfills as being the centerpiece of drumming, to me, is old hat. its this old formula that i dont want to follow. so i look at drummers who focus more on beats and the structure of the songs as the area of complexity and originallity. thats the type of drumming that inspires me

edit:not to say zach hill is overrated tho, hella was amazing to watch live

Last edited by low-tech : 2006-01-04 at 20:40.

Old 2006-01-04, 22:46
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Quote:
ive always had a burning hatred for portnoy and dream theater

I know exactly what you mean, I am by no means I DT/Mike Portnoy fan, but after watching LDT, I now have a lots of respect for the guy, but I can relate to what your saying!!!

Old 2006-01-05, 02:05
Vomitor
Metalhead

This Hella band is great. If not for you I would never have heard them. Just downloaded two song, are they all instrumentals?

Last edited by Vomitor : 2006-01-05 at 02:21.

Old 2006-01-05, 05:54
low-tech
Post-whore

yea instrumental, this guy plays a single kick mind you. ive only seen jazz drummers play on that kids level who are twice maybe 3 times his age.

Old 2006-01-08, 20:28
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxgenocide98xx
I think derek's playing is boring in Hate Eternal but he has alot of cool solos and he is excellent. I think Flo is amazing as well, I like his playing in Cryptopsy alot more than I like Derek's in Hate Etenral, so I prefer Flo to Roddy any day of the week. I can't honestly understand why people would say stuff like 'flo is really sloppy' or 'derek is sloppy' because you know, if you could do it better you'd be in a metal band like Hate Eternal and Cryptopsy.. Then some kid would say the same about you! People have their off days, hell, with these guys its like off BEATS because they are that close to perfection... you can't honestly expect it perfect every single time when you're playing something that complex. everyone makes mistkaes now and then.

here fucking here

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-01-08, 21:26
humancorpse
Post-whore

Agreed, except I don`t think Derek is boring in Hate Eternal. I still prefer Flo`s drumming in Cryptopsy though, but they both rule. And I prefer Hate Eternal as a whole band.

Old 2006-01-10, 21:25
muffmaster
Senior Metalhead
Banned

what do you dudes think of anthraxs drummer Charlie Benante ,I think he is pretty good .im a guitar player , just wondering what drummers think of him

Old 2006-01-10, 22:15
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Yeah man Charlie is good, I wouldn't call him great, but a good drummer.

Old 2006-01-25, 17:58
Vomitor
Metalhead

Quote:
hella's drummer zach hill, on the other hand is far more interesting because the complexity is so constant and above the bar. but for me its the same problem, rudiments. im not interested in rudiment wankery foremost. maybe if rudiments where used with the beats, fine but big, complex drumfills as being the centerpiece of drumming, to me, is old hat. its this old formula that i dont want to follow. so i look at drummers who focus more on beats and the structure of the songs as the area of complexity and originallity. thats the type of drumming that inspires me

edit:not to say zach hill is overrated tho, hella was amazing to watch live

Just got Hold Your Horse Is. Although I overpaid, it was in my hands, so I had to buy it......damn credit cards!

Old 2006-01-25, 19:42
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffmaster
what do you dudes think of anthraxs drummer Charlie Benante ,I think he is pretty good .im a guitar player , just wondering what drummers think of him

I saw a video of him on the vic firth site I belive it was. He's a decent drummer.

Quote:

Old 2006-02-03, 01:03
Miscarriage
New Blood

Over Rated you say?

Travis Barker, granted he isn't bad at all, as a matter of fact he's very good.. But I believe people idolize him far too much.. I believe theres plenty of drummers out there that show better skill in given areas. What you hear him play with bands is not very impressive at all, generally very basic but outside of that his chops, etc are very well practiced.

Personally, I just find him to be over-rated.. Granted he's good, but not the best, so I think.

Old 2006-02-08, 20:45
Gamma
Senior Metalhead

Heh.

Flo is definately overrated.

I have no opinion on Derek Roddy but his stuff is great.

Here is my personal list on underrated drummers:

BM

1. Nick Barker - No fucking way he is overrated. He is very good at his works, and id rather listen to him playing than listeniing to Flo or Derek.

2. Reno Killerich - Its not about how ill his blasts go, his style and technicallity speak for him.

DM.

1. Inferno > All

No one ever fucking mentions Inferno. Inferno is one of the most fucking bad ass drummers I've heard, and Imo he can pwn Flo and Derek any day.

Simply amazing.

Old 2006-02-08, 22:13
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Flo isn't overated, after I watched his dvd I as like

goddamn he is good!

Old 2006-02-09, 17:39
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma
Heh.

Flo is definately overrated.

I have no opinion on Derek Roddy but his stuff is great.

Here is my personal list on underrated drummers:

BM

1. Nick Barker - No fucking way he is overrated. He is very good at his works, and id rather listen to him playing than listeniing to Flo or Derek.

2. Reno Killerich - Its not about how ill his blasts go, his style and technicallity speak for him.

DM.

1. Inferno > All

No one ever fucking mentions Inferno. Inferno is one of the most fucking bad ass drummers I've heard, and Imo he can pwn Flo and Derek any day.

Simply amazing.

Inferno is great. Demigod is made doubly exciting by him.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2006-02-10, 07:28
MFKR666
Metalhead
Banned

10 most over rated

1. joey jordison-i love the band but i gotta say he really aint shit. has good blast beats though.
2. matt mcdonough-mudvayne- he's all over the place and his bass rolls aint shit
3.killswitch engage-that dude sucks ass,slow as fuck and cant even play the old stuff any more.fucking howard jones!!!
4.niel pert-just cause you have a big kit dosent make you a good drummer.
5.dave lombardo-bass snare bass snare bass snare bass snare crash!!!thats all he's been doing for years.
6.lars ulrich-hes old and cant keep a decent rythm for shit live.
7.avenged sevenfold-this guy should be at the top of this list. hes just a cross of lombardo and ulrich.
8.vinnie paul-a little too slow for my tastes.
9.zach gibson-the black dahlia murder. hes too monotonus.wicked fast though.cory grady was better.
10.between the buried and me-learn a metrenome buddie!!!
well there you have it my opinion of course. so dont go cuttin my head off!!! Kryla;/

Old 2006-02-10, 08:05
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKR666
1. joey jordison-i love the band but i gotta say he really aint shit. has good blast beats though.

It might seem that he's a good blaster but compared to 90% of real death metal drummers? Nah.