MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2006-09-28, 04:52
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

Man, I just went to the store and tried out the schecter blackjack and that is one fine guitar, you're definitely right. Im sold on it as far as I know and Im probably going to get one. Anyone else have an opinion on this guitar?

Old 2006-09-28, 09:26
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

I play a C-1 Classic which is similar to the Blackjack/Damien 6... I use it for br00tal stuff and even without a trem in stays in tune and kills everytime. Can't go wrong with Schecter - they make fine guitars. The only thing I don't like about that guitar you want is the bolt on neck. Mine is neck-thru, and that makes such a huge tonal difference. When hitting low chords you can feel the whole guitar pulse with life on a neck-thru.

Old 2006-09-28, 23:23
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

It's actually not bolt-on, it's set-in neck. That's still pretty good as far as I know. Better than bolt-on for sure.

Old 2006-10-02, 08:01
EternalVengeance
New Blood

$130.00?

I wouldn't buy a guitar for anything less than $500.00. All your going get for $130 is junk than won't stay tuned.I have played all types of guitars, and I haven't found anything I like better than my B.C. Rich Iron Bird with EMG active pick ups,Floyd Rose,with a 24 fret reversed head stock guitar. I would piss on a $130.00 guitar if it was given to me.Dont be cheap,buy something that will last. And if I see someone on stage with a cheap ass guitar i'll piss on them.

Old 2006-10-02, 08:09
EternalVengeance
New Blood

Schecter

If your gonna buy the schecter get the elite series, I played it and the cheaper ones,and the elite with the through neck was really nice.

Old 2006-10-02, 23:12
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

Uh the Schecter blackjack is $550. Were you even talking to me or what? o_O

Old 2006-10-03, 00:16
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

Sweet dude, if it's set-neck and you played it and like it, I say dig a ditch and bu[r]y the bitch

Old 2006-10-03, 02:58
EternalVengeance
New Blood

No

Nope. Sorry.

Old 2006-10-03, 03:45
metal_monkey
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalVengeance
Nope. Sorry.

who were you talking to

Youve made me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Metal Monkey: retarded comments galore.

RIP this guy

Old 2006-10-03, 04:32
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

He's talking to the ghosts, who else?

And yeah im going to pick it up sometime. My cousin claims he can get it for a deal so Im waiting for him to call back..

And it's been a few weeks. Im going to see what I can haggle for at guitar center just in case, haha

Old 2006-10-03, 07:02
EternalVengeance
New Blood

Sorry

I posted in the wrong place. Anyway good luck with the Schecter, like I said I played one at Guitar center, and I was really impressed. I bought the Line 6 spider 2. Next purchase will most likely be one of the Schecters.

Old 2006-10-03, 07:09
EternalVengeance
New Blood

That was a little off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death By Monkeys
Uh the Schecter blackjack is $550. Were you even talking to me or what? o_O
Way off.

Old 2006-10-05, 05:33
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

Mm, I'm getting it for about $380. This pleases me.

Old 2006-10-05, 08:38
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

For a set neck guitar that is a score.

Old 2006-10-05, 20:44
shred_head45
Metalhead

Im kind of stuck between 2 diff guitars at the moment, can anyone try and help me fall to one side of the fence?

Im thinking either a Jackson DXMG, or an Ibanez RGT42DX

they are both pretty fucking sweet guitars, and both fucking good for ripping, any advice though?

thanks

Old 2006-10-14, 05:00
In_Flames
Metalhead

DKMG Dinky vs. RR3 Rhoads. They both seem pretty sweet. I play death metal and am looking for a Jackson. Any suggestions would be appreciated even if a suggestion was a different guitar.

Old 2006-10-25, 19:18
the_bleeding
Post-whore

currently i'm looking at les-paul-esque bodies, because les pauls are like bellybuttons, everyone has them, and that shape seems to be the only body type that doesnt upset my shoulder. On top of this, it is essential to me that i have a volume knob for each pickup.

so with these mind, i've gone out and looked, and the two that caught my eye are the Schecter Tempest Custom, and the Dean Cadillac.
Now, i've played a schecter tempest extreme (the old bolt on model) and it was severely dissapointing. The sustain was terrible, it wasnt very loud without an amp, it didnt seem to resonate or vibrate in my hands like my current guitar. Ontop of this, the neck was disgusting. Now, considering that the extreme is a 25.5 bolt on, and the custom is a 24.75 set neck, would this fix the problems i experienced?

And the dean cadillac, havent played one yet, but i'm wondering if anybody has. Hows the sustain, and the electronics? And is the weight something i should be concerned about?

Pickups dont matter, because im guna throw a jb/jazz in there anyway and price range is under 900. Preferably under 800 if it can be done.

thanks
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2006-10-27, 18:15
kurt:ellis
Metalhead

Does anyone know on how much a left handed Jackson RR or King V would cost in the UK?
And where abouts I can find one?

Old 2006-10-29, 18:39
God-Free
New Blood

Stratocaster's?

i dont have any idea about anything but im learning and basically i won two Fender Stratocaster's and was wonder if these things were alrite for learning Death Metal on? and if not what would be a good guitar to start with? what ive noticed about the Fenders is there necks are quite long... seems like it hinders getting up and down? any advice would be kick ass!

Old 2006-10-30, 03:43
deanguitars
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Free
i dont have any idea about anything but im learning and basically i won two Fender Stratocaster's and was wonder if these things were alrite for learning Death Metal on? and if not what would be a good guitar to start with? what ive noticed about the Fenders is there necks are quite long... seems like it hinders getting up and down? any advice would be kick ass!

well there not great for dm, but u can throw emg 81 in the bridge so that the maple body wont come into play.

Old 2006-10-31, 14:14
Carbonized
Senior Metalhead

Question Dean ML Noir XT?

I'm really interested in getting this guitar: http://www.deanguitars.com/mls.htm

Anyone own one of these? I need to know what string gauges they come with. I think it could be 10s. That'd be great.

And also, whether the licensed Floyd could be changed to an Original Floyd, thanks.

Old 2006-11-10, 16:52
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

For your money, get a Jackson DK2. It has "licensed" seymour duncan pickups and "licenced" floyd rose tremolo, which are basically the same, yet less expensive. It's like the 3,000 dollar DK1, without the expensive features.
It plays fucking awesome too.

Old 2006-11-13, 20:45
Darkness-Of-Christ
New Blood

I'm thinking about buying an ESP EC-500 guitar when I sell the two guitars I have atm. The spec seems pretty good - EMG 81 and 60, 24 frets, string-thru-body, ebony fretboard, mahogany body.......but I can't really try the guitar out before I buy it 'cause I'm going to have to get it shipped across from the US. The reason for that is that if I wanted to buy it from a guitar shop in the UK it would cost over £700. I have seen the guitar however on many websites for $600 which seems reasonable. I can't however, find any reviews of the guitar so I was wondering if it was really worth the money and if any of you knew if it was actually a decent guitar.

Old 2006-11-15, 20:32
Metalhead

Good Beginner(modestly) guitar in the $250 or less range?

Thinking about a LP special 2, Epihone SG, jackson, or fender copy from Guitarcenter in the $250 max range.

Last edited by guest : 2006-11-16 at 21:31.

Old 2006-11-16, 09:54
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness-Of-Christ
I'm thinking about buying an ESP EC-500 guitar when I sell the two guitars I have atm. The spec seems pretty good - EMG 81 and 60, 24 frets, string-thru-body, ebony fretboard, mahogany body.......but I can't really try the guitar out before I buy it 'cause I'm going to have to get it shipped across from the US. The reason for that is that if I wanted to buy it from a guitar shop in the UK it would cost over £700. I have seen the guitar however on many websites for $600 which seems reasonable. I can't however, find any reviews of the guitar so I was wondering if it was really worth the money and if any of you knew if it was actually a decent guitar.

Try the ESP forum.

ESP Guitars official forum

Old 2006-11-17, 07:15
Darkness-Of-Christ
New Blood

Thanks very much^^

Old 2006-11-18, 08:42
IRON90
Supreme Metalhead

I'm going to buy a Schecter C-7 Blackjack, tried it yesterday and it worked wonders. But that's not what's on my mind. I was thinking about what one of my friends said '' guitars that cost under 1000 euro isn't worth buying''. I don't think it's true but you guys know more than me, so please answer my question. Please?

Old 2006-11-18, 23:28
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

I just bought the Schecter Blackjack 006, and as far as I'm concerned, it's great. Schecter seems to make guitars that compare with guitars of other more popular brands that are twice the price. Im not the only one that thinks that either..

Old 2006-11-26, 07:38
Metalhead

Went to guitar center today and checked out a couple guitars, particulary the ibenez RG120 and GX?70 and a epiphone SG which is pretty much a LP special 1 and 2. The RG120 is nice. It has 24 frets, it's small and light and the back of the neck is flat instead of completely rounded which is really nice. But it really didn't sound as clean as the SG or GX, on the upper strings? They (SG, GX)kinda sound kinda heavier too? Any info on ethier guitars? Jacksons? Didn't try a jackson.

Old 2006-11-26, 12:53
GrindingDeath
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Went to guitar center today and checked out a couple guitars, particulary the ibenez RG120 and GX?70 and a epiphone SG which is pretty much a LP special 1 and 2. The RG120 is nice. It has 24 frets, it's small and light and the back of the neck is flat instead of completely rounded which is really nice. But it really didn't sound as clean as the SG or GX, on the upper strings? They (SG, GX)kinda sound kinda heavier too? Any info on ethier guitars? Jacksons? Didn't try a jackson.

Ibanez necks feel really weird to me, I dont like them, and Gibson/epihpone are fairly thick neck wise/heavy, I like them though. I think you should try some Jacksons! I'll never buy another guitar from anybody else, they are great. I own an RR5, it cost me $1300 without tax, string through body, neck through body, maple neck, seymour duncan pickups, ahahahah, I shred it. It plays so fucking nice. Even the lower end models (even the js series) play pretty nice, in my opinion.

Old 2006-11-26, 19:01
Metalhead

Thanks for the reply, I'll probably go check out some jacksons tonight ( I really want a new guitar). I'm thinking about one of these or the js1 dinky.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/gu...&Ne=1442&page=1

24 frets and a whammy bar would be sick, but there's none in my price range (as far as jacksons go).

Old 2006-11-28, 23:19
Auyard
Senior Metalhead

has anyone played the dean vx? i wasthinking of buying it because its cheap ($200) and it has the V shape wish i like alot. the thing is i want the next guitar i buy to be a really decent one and not really an entry level guitar, so is the dean vx a decent buy to last a while or is it more geared towards beginners?

Old 2006-12-03, 19:19
jackson_metal_head
Senior Metalhead

NEW GUITAR

Hi there.

I need some help.

basically i have about £600-800 to spend on a guitar (about 1400$$)

and i need to know what your advise is
basically i play extreme death metal so it needs to be uber fast playability, and also i want a fixed bridge, FRs dont suit my style

I like jackson king vs and just generally flying vs so any tips on what to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
Play some Defeated Sanity and brutalize the vagina.

summer is 'ere an' it's fuckin' fuckin' buzzin

Old 2006-12-03, 19:29
moshesxradpitx999
New Blood

It's just me, but I would recommend the BC Rich Beast. I spent a good $900 on it, and out of all of my guitars, it is my favorite. ((not to mention it haz a badass look)) ;-)
Be pushed through my veins
again...

-Cradle of Filth [Nymphetamine]-

ily.aje.Jy.7.2k6.

Old 2006-12-03, 19:32
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshesxradpitx999
It's just me, but I would recommend the BC Rich Beast. I spent a good $900 on it, and out of all of my guitars, it is my favorite. ((not to mention it haz a badass look)) ;-)

I bet we're all going to buy one now. explain why it's your favorite and what other guitars you have.

Old 2006-12-03, 20:14
moshesxradpitx999
New Blood

:glares and stabs face with karate:

http://www.bcrich.com/guitars/beastshape.asp

Well Played, good sir. touche. I kind of forgot that I may need reasoning.

I have over 17 guitars, 13 of which are electric, So I will just give you a couple of my next favorites after the Beast. I have a BC Rich Warlock, A Peavey Raptor, a Peavey Preditor, a Fender Telecaster, an dsome other less important named guitars, that aren't really worth the money.

The reason I would recommend to you the BC Rich Beast is because I had always wanted one, and normally if you know how that goes, I usually finally get the guitar and I hate it. BC Rich usually has great guitars though even if the prices are a bit steep. I bought the BC Rich Beast "IT system" in the color shadow. The look of the guitar is probably the reason I wanted it most. But, playing it is good too. haha. It is for the most part light, it has a nato body.. with ebony finger boards... and it's a 25.5 scale. It's pretty durable and strong. If you decide to swing that way you'd be pretty satisfyed.

Here's a direct quote from The BC Rich Website:

The flexibility of a bolt-on with the added sustain usually reserved for a set-neck - that is what the IT delivers. With the IT system you get a great amount of wood mounted deeply into the body under the pickups simulating the neck through qualities very closely - plus, it just looks wicked! The IT equipped Beast features a Widow syle inlay at the seveth fret on the ebony fingerboard, string through the body and much more. Available in Shadow (flat black) with tan four-ply binding.

IT - A new, innovative neck that has two bolts under each pickup and two that go into the end of the neck. So when the pickups are installed the neck fastening system is invisible - Invisabolt Technology - IT.

If the V shape guitar is what you're looking for they'll have some decent ones.
<3

Good enough... or do I need to type more?
Be pushed through my veins
again...

-Cradle of Filth [Nymphetamine]-

ily.aje.Jy.7.2k6.

Old 2006-12-04, 19:34
jackson_metal_head
Senior Metalhead

thanks for the help

this may just be me, but i do not recognize bc rich as a good guitar builder anymore (USA models and custom are definatly an exception)
but the nj series etc doesnt live up to the competition from jackson esp guitars in the same price range.

Correct me if im wrong but i think i will steer clear of buying a new bc rich with my money.

Any other suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
Play some Defeated Sanity and brutalize the vagina.

summer is 'ere an' it's fuckin' fuckin' buzzin

Old 2006-12-05, 16:47
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Has anybody played the mahogany series SL2H soloist?

I'm finally about to buy a new soloist and I've been wondering whether i should get the regular SL2H or the SL2H-MAH (mahogany).

I've read the difference between the woods (alder and mahogany) and I'm still a little baffled to what the difference would end up being. For instance would the soloist starting sound more like a les paul sounds? (i have a Gibson les paul standard, and obviously its completely fucking mahogany) haha. I mean cause in some ways i really don't like the over the top bassyness that it can sometimes have. But i think that could be due to the shape of the guitar and pure denseness.

In otherwords would it really be worth paying like 300-400 dollars more for the mahogany over the alder in this case?
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2006-12-11, 03:25
CrimsonBaphomet
New Blood

I need some help choosing between an ESP h-400 with EMG 81 pickups or an ESP h-400 with seymour duncan 59 pickups, both of them are fixed tune-o-matic bridges, or a Schecter tempest blackjack with a TonePros TOM w/ Thru-body bridge and seymour duncan 59 pickups.

I havent had any experience playing with thru-body bridges, which one is better for playing death metal/metalcore/thrash etc? I was told that seymour duncans are better then EMG 81s, what are your thoughts?

I also noticed theres an ESP m-400 with the emg 81 pickups and a licensed floyd rose, but i dont know if my store will order in,

Last edited by CrimsonBaphomet : 2006-12-11 at 06:07.

Old 2006-12-13, 07:15
Darkness-Of-Christ
New Blood

Seymour Duncans are not better than EMG 81's^^ That's my opinion anyway.

Old 2006-12-13, 22:37
deathxleprosyx
Senior Metalhead
Banned

I need help I need to find a guitar with wammy bar (I play oldschool thrash) that can play old scholl thrash please help me asap

Old 2006-12-13, 22:59
the_bleeding
Post-whore

jackson or ibanez... throw in some emg's or dimarzios... tonezone or super distortion... OR seymour duncan custom or jb
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2006-12-13, 23:01
deathxleprosyx
Senior Metalhead
Banned

okay dude thanx

Old 2006-12-13, 23:06
Soeru
Post-whore

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=342
http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=196

^For the price, there is no competition with Floyd equipped guitars. New pickups might not even be necessary depending on your pickiness, I had an Imperial S-404S from the same series with the same pickups and they were pretty good.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2006-12-13, 23:10
Soeru
Post-whore

ESP Ltd. M-100's are also pretty good too, they go for like 200 new? They have Floyds. Some come in maple top finishes too which is nice. But I'd get myself a Kramer or something like an old Charvel Model 2 or 3, but that's more costly.

If you're gonna get an Ibanez get something with a DOUBLE locking trem, not the shitty single locking ones that come on RG270's that don't stay in tune if their life depended on it.

Remember that if you really want to use the whammy tricks a lot, you'll have to upgrade to an Original Floyd Rose, they're 150$ and if you care about staying in tune they're worth every penny. They sell here: www.guitarpartsdepot.com

Btw, you didn't specify price range, I could reccomend better stuff if you're not on a budget.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2006-12-13, 23:24
JOAMdude
Post-whore

Old 2006-12-16, 20:31
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

been thinking a little about buying another guitar and had a couple questions about the jackson rr3 pro http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itar?sku=512230

i've skimmed through this thread and noticed a few mentions of lower end jacksons having quality issues? particularly pertaining to the floyd rose temolo. also, i've heard that this particular guitar (if not all flying vs) were somewhat awkward to play while siting down. any opinions on that? honestly i spend pretty much all my time playing while sitting in my room. do you get used to it? or it is just annoying? or the person that said that is a whining cunt?

also, the price for that one is 750 in the transparent blue..i figure whats 50 more bucks towards something that is 700 to get a nice looking paint job. are there any other suggestions i should seriously consider around that price range? not too much higher than that...i'll be financing it, but i don't want to be paying it off forever hah. thanks.

Old 2006-12-16, 20:45
the_bleeding
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
been thinking a little about buying another guitar and had a couple questions about the jackson rr3 pro http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itar?sku=512230

i've skimmed through this thread and noticed a few mentions of lower end jacksons having quality issues? particularly pertaining to the floyd rose temolo. also, i've heard that this particular guitar (if not all flying vs) were somewhat awkward to play while siting down. any opinions on that? honestly i spend pretty much all my time playing while sitting in my room. do you get used to it? or it is just annoying? or the person that said that is a whining cunt?

also, the price for that one is 750 in the transparent blue..i figure whats 50 more bucks towards something that is 700 to get a nice looking paint job. are there any other suggestions i should seriously consider around that price range? not too much higher than that...i'll be financing it, but i don't want to be paying it off forever hah. thanks.

low end usually means the JS series (random pickups, bolt on, inconsistent craftsmanship, shitty wood)... theyre work guitars, you have to upgrade them alot before they get decent.
With this though, you have amazing pickups, a semi decent bridge, and decent woods, all you have to do is play it and see if it resonates in your hands to your tastes.
And about sitting with V's, i find it easier than playing with strat bodies, less stress on your shoulder from awkward playing angle... also you get better fret access... you'll definately get used to it and learn to love it quickly... but mind you, i only play regular V's, not rhoads...

Old 2006-12-16, 23:21
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

I have no problems what-so-ever playing my V sitting down, you just have to sit on the edge of yer seat, wearing a strap helps of course but I don't have any problems playing it sitting down, I actually feel more uncomfortable playing a Strat or LP sitting down
Lower end guitars have quality issues full stop, that RR3 is no-where near lower quality!
For sitting position there's some good pics of Rhoads sitting down with an RR, probably easier with a normal flying V but it doesn't look too uncomfortable.

Old 2006-12-16, 23:39
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

thanks for the replies..you think the pic ups in this make it worth the extra 60? or could i (if even worth it in the first place) replace the pick ups with better ones for less on my own? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...-EMG?sku=512232

thats about the most i'd want to spend. if i get their credit card i have no interest for a year and could pay it off in a year with reasonable payments. any more than that and the payments, though feasible, are a little too taxing on my budget. well that is if i'm trying to pay it off in a year and avoid interest.

any other suggestions? doesn't have to be jackson..i just read the reviews and it seemed like a pretty decent choice, for not way too much money.

Old 2006-12-16, 23:53
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

Pickup-wise, you'll have to find out for yourself, it's all personal preference at that point. EMG's are great for tight, sterile metal tone, passives have more dynamics, a little more texture etc... to the sound, I personally prefer passive pu'ps but I use my guitars for metal, blues etc... Best case is that you can try the guitars out yourself.

Old 2006-12-17, 23:00
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

well i made the trek to the nearest guitar center and tried out the rr3, it was pretty awkward for me while sitting. i guess it could work a bit better with a strap though. i had the middle of the v resting on my thigh which shifted the whole guitar a bit farther away from me than i'm used to. otherwise i had to poke the end of the bottom into my leg..or else it would slide off my lap. i'm thinking about going with the wrmg with active emg pickups.

Old 2006-12-18, 00:10
the_bleeding
Post-whore

Quote:
well i made the trek to the nearest guitar center and tried out the rr3, it was pretty awkward for me while sitting. i guess it could work a bit better with a strap though. i had the middle of the v resting on my thigh which shifted the whole guitar a bit farther away from me than i'm used to. otherwise i had to poke the end of the bottom into my leg..or else it would slide off my lap. i'm thinking about going with the wrmg with active emg pickups.

see if you can find a warrior with passives... you'll love them longer. A thing i found with actives is that the volume of your pickstrokes is always the same. If you lightly caress the strings vs wail on them, you will get close to the exact same tone and volume... its really restricting, your playing style and emotion wont shine through them. That and they have almost no character, like, you wont here your guitar through the amp... it will just be the emg's through the amp... theres no warmth to it... All of this also hurts the versatility, you wont be able to get really nice cleans (out of an 81 or 85... you might be able to with a 60 or a tapped 89), you wont be able to get much warmth out of it, and anything non metal... will sound pretty much poopy imo. Theyre pretty much metal pickups... not very good for anything else...
im selling my V with emg's so i can get something with more character and independance to the tone... i'm tired of having no colour, and very little versatility to go between blues, stoner rock and death metal... i need more warmth heh.

Old 2006-12-18, 00:47
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
see if you can find a warrior with passives... you'll love them longer. A thing i found with actives is that the volume of your pickstrokes is always the same. If you lightly caress the strings vs wail on them, you will get close to the exact same tone and volume... its really restricting, your playing style and emotion wont shine through them. That and they have almost no character, like, you wont here your guitar through the amp... it will just be the emg's through the amp... theres no warmth to it... All of this also hurts the versatility, you wont be able to get really nice cleans (out of an 81 or 85... you might be able to with a 60 or a tapped 89), you wont be able to get much warmth out of it, and anything non metal... will sound pretty much poopy imo. Theyre pretty much metal pickups... not very good for anything else...
im selling my V with emg's so i can get something with more character and independance to the tone... i'm tired of having no colour, and very little versatility to go between blues, stoner rock and death metal... i need more warmth heh.

hmm i definitely hear what you mean. kind of the same reason i chose the pick up lay out on the fender strat i have right now. instead of two humbuckers, i opted for one and 2 single coils. now i'm kinda kicking myself for not getting dual humbuckers. i really only play metal right now..and i guess i could always swap out the pickups at a later point if i wanted to.

i looked around for other warriors and found one with emg hz pickups instead of the 81 or 85, and the guitar was a bit cheaper..but i had read bad things about the hz. i also found another i think..but it was some jackson pickup. sounded like some cheaper stock pickup. the guitar was less but not a lot less.

i went ahead and applied for the musicians friend platinum card and was approved. just going to have to wait for it to show up in the mail in a week or two, then i can place my order.

Last edited by xgrafcorex : 2006-12-18 at 00:58.

Old 2006-12-18, 03:07
the_bleeding
Post-whore

Quote:
hmm i definitely hear what you mean. kind of the same reason i chose the pick up lay out on the fender strat i have right now. instead of two humbuckers, i opted for one and 2 single coils. now i'm kinda kicking myself for not getting dual humbuckers. i really only play metal right now..and i guess i could always swap out the pickups at a later point if i wanted to.

i looked around for other warriors and found one with emg hz pickups instead of the 81 or 85, and the guitar was a bit cheaper..but i had read bad things about the hz. i also found another i think..but it was some jackson pickup. sounded like some cheaper stock pickup. the guitar was less but not a lot less.

i went ahead and applied for the musicians friend platinum card and was approved. just going to have to wait for it to show up in the mail in a week or two, then i can place my order.

k dude, the one with the jackson pickups is the JS series that sucks balls in construction... i'd reccommend avoiding it. Now EMG HZ pickups arent that special, but character does shine through them... and swapping them out will be simple. From what i see on musicians friend, there are 3 reasonably priced warriors. the JS, XT, and MG. JS series feel like toys... like honestly, they play like crap. I've played the JS, the XT and the old MG (with emgHZ's and an emg afterburner... everything else being identical), and the MG actually played better than the XT because it had better wood (alder instead of basswood), alder has tighter bass response and is a bit heavier so it resonates better. But the problem i have with the MG is the emg's obviously, and replacing them would not be too hard, you'd just need new pots (500K instead of 25k) and the pickups... and then you'd have a full emg set to sell (81/85, volume and tone pots)... So yeah, i'm guna say go with the MG, play it, see if you like it, if you dont like the pickups go ahead and replace them, if you do like em, keep them. The MG is made out of better wood so changing pickups will make it sound better instead of worse. Mind you, this advice only applies to the warrior. But hey, warriors are the most comfortable guitar EVER in my opinion. Good choice.

Old 2006-12-18, 04:13
JOAMdude
Post-whore

to grafcore: at warmoth.com you can get a custom guitar for like 800 bucks, and not a bad one eaither. it isn't as good as ran but nor is it as expaensive. An amazing neck for 300-400 bucks, 100 bucks for pups, 150 for an OFR, 235 for mahogany body w/ heel contour for high fret access

to the Bleeding: does alder really have more bass than basswood? i have emg's and don't really like them, i don't like that cookie-cutter metallica crunch shit. I listen to nile, cannibal corpse, death, and gorguts, and well that whole group of relatively mainstream DM. But i want something that can get me some sleep or electric wizard tone.. i am going to get a 6505 next year but in the meantime, know any good pups for me?

I have a fixed bridge and really want an OFR. is it worth it to buy an OFR pay a luthier to install the nut, make the cavity, and install it? how do i know my nut height for ordering a bridge, i have a Ibanezz RG if that helps

Last edited by JOAMdude : 2006-12-18 at 04:15.

Old 2006-12-18, 04:56
the_bleeding
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAMdude
to the Bleeding: does alder really have more bass than basswood? i have emg's and don't really like them, i don't like that cookie-cutter metallica crunch shit. I listen to nile, cannibal corpse, death, and gorguts, and well that whole group of relatively mainstream DM. But i want something that can get me some sleep or electric wizard tone.. i am going to get a 6505 next year but in the meantime, know any good pups for me?

I have a fixed bridge and really want an OFR. is it worth it to buy an OFR pay a luthier to install the nut, make the cavity, and install it? how do i know my nut height for ordering a bridge, i have a Ibanezz RG if that helps

yeah it does... compared to basswood, alder has more lows and highs, but virtually the same amount of mids... kinda like a s.duncan custom has more lows and highs than a JB...

For sleep and electric wizard (i love stoner rock), dimarzio super distortions, dimarzio super 2 (good for bassy amps), duncan jb (for overly warm amps), duncan custom (for sterile amps)... but it depends what your guitar is made of... use the tone wizards on the pickup websites to get recommendations, set music style to heavymetal/metal...
about the bridge... to get an OFR and the luthier work done, it will cost the same as a new cheap guitar (like rg370dx)... that and you have to wait for it...

Old 2006-12-18, 06:07
Child of Decadence
Metalhead

Im currently looking at three different guitars right now.
Keeping in mind that I'm going to string it with 11's (maybe 12's) and use it exclusively for Drop C and Drop A, which one looks best to you guys?
ESP LTD F-400
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez IC-400 IceMan

I don't want a trem (already have a Carvin for standard tuning with a trem). I just want a guitar that'll play really well and doesn't sound muddy when heavily down tuned.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

Old 2006-12-18, 13:43
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
to grafcore: at warmoth.com you can get a custom guitar for like 800 bucks, and not a bad one eaither. it isn't as good as ran but nor is it as expaensive. An amazing neck for 300-400 bucks, 100 bucks for pups, 150 for an OFR, 235 for mahogany body w/ heel contour for high fret access

thanks, that sounds pretty cool..and i'll look into it later today. i'm probably gonna just stick with a premade guitar though. i've only had a few guitars and don't think i know enough about it to specify all the custom options.

Old 2006-12-18, 17:28
JOAMdude
Post-whore

yeah the whole thing like nut height and shit like that keeps me from ordering a neck. they should tell noobs like me under the height, what it's uses or advantages are

Old 2006-12-18, 17:49
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
yeah the whole thing like nut height and shit like that keeps me from ordering a neck. they should tell noobs like me under the height, what it's uses or advantages are

exactly, and i wouldn't want to specify some horrible guitar that makes them shake their heads while they make it. one day i'll get a custom, but not until i am more familiar with different guitars..and know more about their technical details. i couldn't even tell you if either of my guitars have a compound radius neck.

haha i'm sure someone here could though..i'm using a fender strat right now.

Old 2006-12-18, 18:53
the_bleeding
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Decadence
Im currently looking at three different guitars right now.
Keeping in mind that I'm going to string it with 11's (maybe 12's) and use it exclusively for Drop C and Drop A, which one looks best to you guys?
ESP LTD F-400
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez IC-400 IceMan

I don't want a trem (already have a Carvin for standard tuning with a trem). I just want a guitar that'll play really well and doesn't sound muddy when heavily down tuned.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

theyre all decent... the emgs will be sterile and compressed though... and poop clean sounds. Ibanez pickups are sweet for shred... but they get muddy when higher gain is involved... All things considered, i'd get the schecter and replace them there pickups. Schecter and ibanez are both sweet, and both get your money's worth, but schecter will love you long time . Esp/ltds feel like obese toys to me... i realllly dont like them.

Old 2006-12-18, 20:34
JOAMdude
Post-whore

compound radius. some fret boards are flat (ibanez, some are curved (fender, compunds bring the best of both worlds, bends and comfort. ithink?

Old 2006-12-18, 20:48
Slaytanic Jess
New Blood

whats a a good guitar for technical death? i was thinking this...

http://ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RGT42DXFM

how are the edge pro II bridges?

Old 2006-12-18, 20:55
the_bleeding
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaytanic Jess
whats a a good guitar for technical death? i was thinking this...

http://ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RGT42DXFM

how are the edge pro II bridges?

Technical death depends on the pickups (in which case you'll almost always have to replace them) and your playing style and guitar preferences. In otherwords, you wont play well unless you like the feel of the guitar. Test it out.
heres the deal with edges, typically, if it says "pro" its crap... the only way to find out is to wail the shit out of it in a guitar store.

Old 2006-12-18, 22:39
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

well thanks for you input guys..i wound up placing an order for the WRMG not even an hour ago!

Old 2006-12-18, 23:31
Mega-Tallica
New Blood

I want to see if you guys can help me out here...I've been looking into getting the Ibanez UV7BK, yes the last model was made in 1995, but I love the guitar and can't find it anywhere on the net. I found it on www.ibanezrules.com but it's really beat up and will need an extended amount of repairs.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/used_index/uv7bk_3/

As you can see, it's got more scratches and dents then any guitar I've ever seen. The price he's selling it for is $950, plus the repair work I'll have to get done, it'll cost me a good $1300 after I'm done. This is the only one I've found that is being sold. Does anybody know where else this guitar is being sold, and maybe possibly in a better condition.

"... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Old 2006-12-19, 00:07
Child of Decadence
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
theyre all decent... the emgs will be sterile and compressed though... and poop clean sounds. Ibanez pickups are sweet for shred... but they get muddy when higher gain is involved... All things considered, i'd get the schecter and replace them there pickups. Schecter and ibanez are both sweet, and both get your money's worth, but schecter will love you long time . Esp/ltds feel like obese toys to me... i realllly dont like them.

Thanks a lot man. I was leaning toward the Schecter already cuz I love the way it feels/plays. You cemented my decision.

btw... I recognise your avatar. Were/are you a member of the UG forums as well?

Old 2006-12-19, 01:45
JOAMdude
Post-whore

hi the bleeding thanks for the big muff info,
i see a 50 dollar trem, OFR!!!! on eBay, is this what i think it is? or is it a common scam or something. I have a RG3 EX1 and i don't know about all that nut width and baseplate height and stuff like that. you need to post back quickly because the auction is ending soon, thankshttp://cgi.ebay.com/New-Chrome-Floy...1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by JOAMdude : 2006-12-19 at 01:59.

Old 2006-12-19, 02:56
TangledMortalCoil
Senior Metalhead

^ that auction says Floyd Rose-STYLE trem.. which would explain the price

Old 2006-12-19, 03:06
Child of Decadence
Metalhead

^^ Yeah thats not an OFR.

Old 2006-12-19, 04:51
CrimsonBaphomet
New Blood

I ended up getting the m-400, in case I want to bridge out my sound outside of metal, what kind of pickups would be good to switch to from emg 81s? Considering the slot there, what could I use?

is it possible to switch from active pickups to passive without getting a brand new one?

Old 2006-12-26, 04:51
Slaytanic Jess
New Blood

my friend is looking for a guitar tops 900 and it cant look "normal" it has to be something sick looking like an iron bird or a warrior or something like that.

Old 2006-12-26, 05:58
8r0k3n_h34r7
New Blood
Banned

how about

i came across one of these when i was looking through a store with a highwatt amp it has clean distortion goes realy heavy from the thigs youve all described i think this suits them all if i wann ask me aout it jest pm me and ill tell u some more
J&D brothers
Duke10T

http://www.jandd-guitars.com/jd-duke10t.htm

and yes it comes in black!

cheers

8r0k3n_h34r7

Old 2006-12-26, 06:10
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8r0k3n_h34r7
i came across one of these when i was looking through a store with a highwatt amp it has clean distortion goes realy heavy from the thigs youve all described i think this suits them all if i wann ask me aout it jest pm me and ill tell u some more
J&D brothers
Duke10T

http://www.jandd-guitars.com/jd-duke10t.htm

and yes it comes in black!

cheers

8r0k3n_h34r7

SPAMMING FAG

THOSE GUITARS ARE FUCING HOOORRRIIIBBBLLLLEEE MADE IN CHINA SHIT + STUPID SHIT WOODS + FUCKING SHIT ON A STICK.

CUNT BROKEN HEART FAG.

Old 2006-12-26, 06:18
Slaytanic Jess
New Blood

hahaha

Old 2006-12-27, 12:11
xX_JIMI_Xx
New Blood

Hey I'm currently looking for a second guitar. I have a Maverick F-1, it has a Floyd Rose licenced tremolo and im looking for a guitar without one so I can play the Maverick in standard and have a second guitar for whatever other tunings I feel like.

My budget is between £350-£400 MAX

I was looking at the Dean Vendetta 4.0

I'm now also looking at the Dean ML 79

The price on the website seems like a good deal, but is the guitar any good?

I realy fancy a Dean for some reason, they look cool I guess. But I want to know what they are like to play.

If anyone has owned/tried them I'd appreciate any feedback on them.

Im also open to suggestions to other guitars. I play mainly metal and a little classic rock so anything along those lines would be great.

Thanks,

Last edited by xX_JIMI_Xx : 2006-12-27 at 16:30.

Old 2006-12-29, 07:34
andym
New Blood

Hey

Posted for some advice here before and got some sweet stuff from everyone, so I thought I'd hop back in after making some progress (thanks to you lot) and ask about budget guitars that sound decent.

Basically what I'm looking for is something under say, $700, preferably more like $500 that sounds good. My guitar basically sounds like a sack of shit (beginner yamaha job, cost me ~$200 with amp etc.). I'm wondering whether grabbing a new guitar, a new amp (Roland Cube 1.5 atm) or some pedals would help out the most. It may have something to do with my technique too, since I'm still in the process of refining my palm muting and all that jazz (or metal if you prefer, excuse the bad joke).

Any help would be massively appreciated, cheers.

Old 2007-01-10, 08:11
blatant_erection
New Blood

Ok, I'm most probably gonna buy a Probe Les Paul in a few days, pretty cheap, and I played it at the shop today and it makes a lovely sound, I'll probably be playing jazz and stuff on it too as well as metal, would you guys reccommend me buying it?

Old 2007-01-24, 22:02
metaldrew
New Blood

Im buying a ephiphone sg g-400 custom from a friend. I have played it, and so i know that it is a pretty good guitar and it is in good shape. He selling it to me for $250 (canadian) so do you think it is a good buy or not because im not sure hpw much he riganly bought it for. anyways cya later, thanks

Old 2007-01-29, 20:32
ZRO
Senior Metalhead

Ok i need help for a guitar.

I like Melodic Death Metal guitarists such as Jesper Stromblad and Michael Amott.

I was thinking an ESP i need somthing cheap though somewhere around 200 US Dollars.

I was thinking these for ESP-

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itar?sku=516677

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itar?sku=516672

Last edited by ZRO : 2007-01-29 at 22:23.

Old 2007-01-30, 20:47
soliloquy
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRO
Ok i need help for a guitar.

I like Melodic Death Metal guitarists such as Jesper Stromblad and Michael Amott.

I was thinking an ESP i need somthing cheap though somewhere around 200 US Dollars.

I was thinking these for ESP-

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itar?sku=516677

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itar?sku=516672

you didnt specify your position. i mean, you play lead or rhythm? reason i ask is coz if you play lead, i URGE YOU not to get that les paul. sure, it may have greater curves than any girlfriend anyone could ever have. but read this:

dont get a les paul coz:
a)its heavy! most les paul guitars are for about 8-10 lbs. normal starts and V's are for about 7 lbs. what, 2 lbs wont make a difference? whileyou're playing it standing, it will kill your sholder. while you're playing sitting down, if the body isnt balanced to the neck/head stock, then the guitar would slide off of your lap.

b) if you play lead, the part where the neck and the body meet, is usually really fat/thick. this can be problematic if you play lead, especially for metal, coz you would need your thumb to support your fingers when working on the frets below the 17th fret. thick necks prevent that, and les pauls have em.

how ever, if you play rhythm, then i have no clue,but most metal bands ive seen(death metal or not) use les paul as rhythm. so if you do play rhythm, then i guess you cant go wrong?

and ESP for 200 US? am i missing soemthing here? i mean, i would love to own an ESP, but all the ones i like are for about 1500, so i assume most guitars of ESP wont be below 800 bucks...?

Old 2007-01-30, 22:38
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

I wouldn't say the weight of an LP is a problem (yes, I own one), I have a nice padded leather strap, no strain on my shoulders what so ever. I do agree with the neck thing to a certain extent, helps if you have longish fingers, LP's are fine for leads if you won't miss the extra frets.

Old 2007-01-31, 16:29
gorath23
Senior Metalhead

OK guys basically I need some help on buying -or- putting together a super budget 2nd guitar (for use as a backup etc). I'd like a 24 fret neck with Jumbo frets, rosewood 'board preferably superstrat style body and I'd rather have a fixed tail, at least one humbucker in the bridge. My budget is max £100! Thats maybe not including pickups though, so any guitars that play well and sound good with a pickup upgrade. Oh yeah and not NEW, only used or parts/project build. I was thinking maybe the Ibanez RG321mh but it comes in really boring colours. Also maybe looking at BC Rich Gunslingers and older Charvels but they seem to tip my budget. Any suggestions on cheap guitars that kick-ass with a bit of tweaking?

Old 2007-01-31, 22:05
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

£100? Bloody hell, that's not much to work with! Ebay will be your friend!
Jackson and Ibanez are about the best I suppose, though I'd recommed you save a bit more before you buy something.

I recently bought a Hamer Slammer series Diablo for £249 off ebay, best guitar i've played yet, beautiful neck, fits my hand perfectly!

Old 2007-02-01, 02:26
soliloquy
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorath23
OK guys basically I need some help on buying -or- putting together a super budget 2nd guitar (for use as a backup etc). I'd like a 24 fret neck with Jumbo frets, rosewood 'board preferably superstrat style body and I'd rather have a fixed tail, at least one humbucker in the bridge. My budget is max £100! Thats maybe not including pickups though, so any guitars that play well and sound good with a pickup upgrade. Oh yeah and not NEW, only used or parts/project build. I was thinking maybe the Ibanez RG321mh but it comes in really boring colours. Also maybe looking at BC Rich Gunslingers and older Charvels but they seem to tip my budget. Any suggestions on cheap guitars that kick-ass with a bit of tweaking?

i know £100 is significant when compared to canadian dollars..but dont know how much those 100 euros can buy...

so perhaps you can get a neck of a jackson gutiar, a body of ANY STRAT(excluding an ibanez. their neck screws are a lil messed), and the rest you can get on your own later on...

if not that, then perhaps a CORT X-series? but some of the X seires comes iwth a floyd rose bridge. so maybe...ummm...a fixed bridge? the only guitar i saw myself that sort of fits your budget is a Jackson strat(dont know if it was a kelly/soloist/dinky with a red body, had 22 frets, a tune-o-matic bridge and really light for about 199 canadian bucks.

Old 2007-02-01, 10:22
gorath23
Senior Metalhead

Just wondering, you mentioned getting a Jackson neck and a strat body, will they fit together?? Because if so thats cool. I could then just have a single humbucker and a volume pot. Oh and by the way its 100 pounds not Euros so it buys even more overseas.

Old 2007-02-03, 23:51
Virus
Metalhead

I am considering getting this, and I'm wondering if anyone had an opinion on it that could influence me.

Old 2007-02-04, 00:17
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

I would personally prefer the Damien because of the emg pickups, but, that is still a wonderful guitar. I have the 6 string version with the floating bridge, so far had nothing wrong with it.
Rocktron Xpression Rack mount
Rocktron Gainiac Rack Mount

Old 2007-02-04, 01:58
Virus
Metalhead

I would change the pickups later if I don't like them, into what though I don't know. and the damien fret inlay looks fucking gay

Though, I would problaby have to get it from another site since zzounds doesn't ship outside US.

Last edited by Virus : 2007-02-04 at 02:52.

Old 2007-02-04, 04:00
WakeTheDead
New Blood

Are you fvcking kidding?? What are you afraid you're going to mistake one of the wings for the wrong fret or something!?

I own the damien btw, and it suffices quite well.

Old 2007-02-04, 14:59
Virus
Metalhead

It makes the guitar look fucking stupid and as far as I know I'm entitled to having my own opinion on what's retarded and what's not.

And I'm not really into getting custom guitars if they're not custumized for myself. (and just the fret inlay as custumized also counts as that)

Might as well ask if someone knows of an site that ships to Norway that has a Schecter Omen-7 (or Gryphon-7) at an affordable price (around 400-450 max including shipping expenses)

Last edited by Virus : 2007-02-05 at 00:23.

Old 2007-02-06, 00:32
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

Good luck with that. But on a side note, i was thinking of picking up one of those Steinberger guitars. I was thinkin iether this one
or This one
Anyone play them before? They look amazing

Old 2007-02-06, 01:29
JOAMdude
Post-whore

i don't know how they play

but it looks like a sexually abused immolated cow schlong

Old 2007-02-06, 01:33
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

Thats cool..but not quite what i was thinking.
reminds me of bill and ted's excellent adventure. The emg's in it look sweet, and that bridge looks like you can pull up or push down an octive. Just imo is all.
Immolated cow schlong? first thing that popped in your head, was an animal penis?

Old 2007-02-06, 16:16
JOAMdude
Post-whore

you read me like a book

Old 2007-02-07, 00:48
God-Free
New Blood

Fuck yea!!! i just won a Jackson DXMG with Emg 85/81's and a licenced Floyd Rose for 300 off ebay! so stoked!

Old 2007-02-07, 10:12
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

Before I came across this thread, I had another regarding this guitar: http://www.bostonguitar.com/Merchan...ry_Code=EG-KRAM

Feedback, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2007-02-07, 10:18
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal_Lament
Good luck with that. But on a side note, i was thinking of picking up one of those Steinberger guitars. I was thinkin iether this one
or This one
Anyone play them before? They look amazing

My friend is rebuilding one that looks like the former of those two. It's got the same p/u setup only with these mysterious exclusive active EMGs that I've yet to hear. But I did get my hands on the thing and it feels cool to play. Maybe not something I'd wanna get used to, but something different, I guess... especially if you're like DragonForce or Napalm Death on stage.
Quote:
Quote:
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2007-02-10, 19:36
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by soliloquy
you didnt specify your position. i mean, you play lead or rhythm? reason i ask is coz if you play lead, i URGE YOU not to get that les paul. sure, it may have greater curves than any girlfriend anyone could ever have. but read this:

dont get a les paul coz:
a)its heavy! most les paul guitars are for about 8-10 lbs. normal starts and V's are for about 7 lbs. what, 2 lbs wont make a difference? whileyou're playing it standing, it will kill your sholder. while you're playing sitting down, if the body isnt balanced to the neck/head stock, then the guitar would slide off of your lap.

b) if you play lead, the part where the neck and the body meet, is usually really fat/thick. this can be problematic if you play lead, especially for metal, coz you would need your thumb to support your fingers when working on the frets below the 17th fret. thick necks prevent that, and les pauls have em.

how ever, if you play rhythm, then i have no clue,but most metal bands ive seen(death metal or not) use les paul as rhythm. so if you do play rhythm, then i guess you cant go wrong?

and ESP for 200 US? am i missing soemthing here? i mean, i would love to own an ESP, but all the ones i like are for about 1500, so i assume most guitars of ESP wont be below 800 bucks...?

Well, I'm sure you could find an ESP somewhere for around $200, given that it's used and not much more than a p.o.s. (or if the previous owner was smoking some serious crack). I mean, I'm not the most difficult guy to please, but if you really want a good steal, and are willing to raise the budget a bit, check out the Ibanez RG350. They usually go for only a little over $300. My friend's got one and I still can't believe he bought it for that price. Also, eBay never fails. There's bound to be someone, somewhere that will fit your criteria.
Quote:
Quote:
Everyone is wrong.

Last edited by Me himself : 2007-02-10 at 19:49.