MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2006-01-19, 04:23
OpethFan
Toast-whore

IBANEZ RG570

So i'm lookin at a Rg570 for sale in my city, and it looks like its gonna go for cheap! Its got a big chip in the back but thats all, and really i dont care.

Just a few Q's, how are the factory pickups and trems on these things? As I want a guitar i can actually do some tremelo techniques with. And is this model a neck-thru or are the Wizard II necks just really thin bolt ons? I'm pretty sure they are bolt ons from pictures i have seen. And if anyone has played one: are they really nice for shredding up the high frets? How would it compare to a neck-thru?
Because I was looking at LTD's as another option, but seems where I live i would have to buy a new one, which means doubling what i would really like to spend

Thanks

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Last edited by OpethFan : 2006-01-19 at 04:28.

Old 2006-01-19, 11:38
metal_monkey
Post-whore

every1 australia get ready for this
http://www.bmusic.com.au/category898_10.htm
you can get the alexi laiho sig ESP for 5 grand and also get roopes sig as well plus on this site there is also caprisons(sp)

http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod3027.htm and theres this too but wtf who would pay 32 thousand dollars for a guitar

Youve made me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Metal Monkey: retarded comments galore.

RIP this guy

Last edited by metal_monkey : 2006-01-19 at 11:40.

Old 2006-01-19, 13:11
LuciferianSoul
Metalhead

That Armor Custom is .. kinda cool but at the same time freaking ugly and way too silly to consider playing seriously.

Old 2006-01-19, 23:40
metal_monkey
Post-whore

yeah and who wants to pay 32 thousand for it but all the not for sale custom shop art work was just pure talent at what they could do

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2006-01-19, 23:47
Soeru
Post-whore

Fuck, you can get like 20 superb customs with that money and still have some left over for a kickass rig.

I've seen some guitars on the www made from some kind of metal, looked sort of rusty with holes in it, like cheddar cheese, but they looked so awesome. Looked like an old hunk of metal from a scrapyard that was falling apart, and had came in explorer and V shapes as well as others, but I forget the maker so I don't know how to find any pics.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2006-01-26, 16:54
BEHEMOTH
Senior Metalhead

IBANEZ 1527 Vs 7620

Hi!
Once you have saved my ass buying a cheap Cort viva 7 , I have this questuion:

I have this 2 options:

- New ibanez 1527
- LIke new ibanez 7620, but with the Blaze custom PU (bridge) and the Air norton 7 PU (neck), the electronics are changed too.

I think that the 7620 is better, but I donīt know what to do, because I canīt try anyone of this two. What do you think?

Old 2006-01-27, 04:21
m3talhead666
Senior Metalhead

I'd say go with the 7620 because of the pickups and also its not that different from the 1527 from what ive seen. thats just my opinion, wait for others

Old 2006-01-27, 05:12
*insert name here*
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Fuck, you can get like 20 superb customs with that money and still have some left over for a kickass rig.

I've seen some guitars on the www made from some kind of metal, looked sort of rusty with holes in it, like cheddar cheese, but they looked so awesome. Looked like an old hunk of metal from a scrapyard that was falling apart, and had came in explorer and V shapes as well as others, but I forget the maker so I don't know how to find any pics.

I remember them dude,they were posted on MT ages ago.

Old 2006-02-13, 04:17
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_monkey
http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod3027.htm and theres this too but wtf who would pay 32 thousand dollars for a guitar

You could get a copy of that guitar made for much, much less. You just need to find a good metal worker...

Old 2006-02-13, 04:52
metal_monkey
Post-whore

lol can make 1 myself just need some metal and a welder or something

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2006-02-13, 05:17
Soeru
Post-whore

Fuck, just get a Ran then take it to a local welder/metal worker and that's that.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2006-02-13, 07:08
metal_monkey
Post-whore

more like a fender squire why would you destory a perfectly good ran

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2006-02-13, 18:40
HalfmastTrousers
Supreme Metalhead

Whoever asked about the jackson JS series, please stay away. They barely stay in tune, action/setup is horrible, and the necks are clunky as all fuck.

hell the one-step-up RX10D models are way better. (at least the pre-fender ones are, which mine is...)

with my own time role your own innocence by
grab on to my sleeve the one that grabs at your ankle
debate to understand that we all have a flaw
then fail to represent your life as you know it
god grant you one wish to turn back the time... correct and create

me and my star
matthew good night
you know by law when you'll be forgiven
maria my star
matthew goodnight
you know my lord when you'll be forgiven

Old 2006-02-13, 19:21
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfmastTrousers
Whoever asked about the jackson JS series, please stay away. They barely stay in tune, action/setup is horrible, and the necks are clunky as all fuck.

hell the one-step-up RX10D models are way better. (at least the pre-fender ones are, which mine is...)

Um no, the JS30's are quite nice and have very thin necks. If you're talking about the JS30 Dinky with a Floyd, yeah that bridge is pure ass. So are the pickups, but setup? Who minds tweaking a few screws? A used JS30, after putting some money into it to get new tuners and pickups, is a great fucking guitar.

Old 2006-02-13, 19:25
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywingedfall
im thinking of buying epiphone les paul studio goth... any ideas.. i read alot of reviews on it most of the users agree its a great guitar, some suggest to change the pickups!

To be honest, mine is shite, complete shite, I really wouldn't bother, but maybe I was just unlucky and got a bad one.

Old 2006-02-16, 16:18
BEHEMOTH
Senior Metalhead

Hi would you buy this ibanez (UV7BK)

http://es.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jr.../ph//my_photos+

img0126, img127 and img128 are the ones I would like you to see.

For something abut 800 euros? I want to know if its a good deal or not. (I donīt know if Iīll sell it later). That is the reason not buying a RAN custom.
Thank you guys

Old 2006-02-21, 02:19
Soeru
Post-whore

What do you guys think of the Dean ML XT? Or the Z XT or V XT? (same line of 450$ Deans with a licensed Floyd):

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...tric?sku=519815

Are they good guitars? How is the action on them? The biggest concern I have is the Floyd, I want a good one so I can experiment more with it. I'm selling my NJ Ironbird cause I got tired of the playing position...

I really like black ML's but also the see-through flamed-top ones, cause I'm a big fan of Vogg, Mauser, and Karl Sanders. :P But yeah I need to know if it has a thin neck and if the Floyd is good. Thanks.

Are ML's also very comfy to play on for fast tremolo picking and stuff? I guess so since it's a popular guitar shape amongst the bands that I like, but I'm just wondering if it's rather hard to get used to like some shapes.

Last edited by Soeru : 2006-02-21 at 02:26.

Old 2006-02-23, 21:02
OpethFan
Toast-whore

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...6414&permanent=

Nice guitar? Im really tempted, im gonna try to talk them down to like $300 if they want to get rid of it. (remember price is NZ dollars, so they are asking about $200ish US for it)

I think its quite a good deal because its got a pup in it, but just want some feedback on how the Ibanez acoustics play

Quote:
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2006-02-24, 01:11
shred_head45
Metalhead

Anyone have any help for me? Im stuck between 2 guitars, Ive read about both of them and they are both pretty sweet, but I cant make up my mind.

I want to get either a Jackson DKMG or an Ibanez RG370DX, can anyone help me make a desicion?

Old 2006-02-27, 04:43
Stygian Sins
New Blood

hey all..

im looking into buying my first guitar.. im looking to spend around 200 bucks.. and ill be playing melodic death or power..

Old 2006-02-27, 04:48
Soeru
Post-whore

Dean VX, Dean ML X, used Ibanez RG270 or RG321MH, Kramer Striker(check them at Musicyo.com) or check out the Ironbird I'm selling.

Shredhead, get the DXMG, instead of those two, mainly for the fact that I just bought one for 300$ with an original Floyd.

Old 2006-02-27, 19:16
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

I was checking out this ibanez guitar:
RGT42DX Black Pearl

I'm saving up cash already for some other stuff and not sure if i'm gonna buy this guitar, but I wanted to know what you guys thought about it?

Also, has anyone ever had a 5 piece maple/walnut neck, does is sound better than a plain maple neck and is it more stable and strong since its 5 pieces?

Lastly, if its a neck thru how is made of a neck that is maple/walnut and a body of mahogany? I thought neck thru meant it was made of one continuous piece of wood?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Old 2006-02-27, 19:58
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornsOfHeaven200
Lastly, if its a neck thru how is made of a neck that is maple/walnut and a body of mahogany? I thought neck thru meant it was made of one continuous piece of wood?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Looks fucking nice man I'd love one of those.

Neck thru's will have a joint where the neck meets the body, but it is built into the body instead of just being bolted on.

Quote:

Old 2006-02-28, 17:26
jackson_metal_head
Senior Metalhead

i hate to change topic but i was told to post here instead.

has anyone played the bc rich nj warlock with neck thru (its a recent guitar, not an old one).

thers one going for pretty cheap but i wondered if anyone had played it as i dont want to get it if its not nice to play.

what is the neck like? is it fast? how thin is it?
whats the build quality like?
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
Play some Defeated Sanity and brutalize the vagina.

summer is 'ere an' it's fuckin' fuckin' buzzin

Last edited by jackson_metal_head : 2006-02-28 at 18:00.

Old 2006-02-28, 17:54
koglos
New Blood

Suggestions welcome ...

I'm playing on a cheap Vantage guitar I bought way back in 2000. It has rusting pickups and a mangled-up bridge, goes out of tune all the time, has terrible intonation, puts out a lot of humming noise, poor action, and just sucks ass in general. It is seriously time for an upgrade. Here are my new guitar requirements:
Must have floyd-rose, and a nice bridge
Sweet sounding pickups
Type of neck does not matter much, because I will just adapt to it after a couple of weeks or so of playing.
Round / strat-style body would be most practical.
Willing to spend up to $1200 Canadian, new or used but in good condition.
I've been playing for 10 years, but I don't know anything about gear.
Please help me get something sick....

BTW, i play elton john .... no wait ... METAL

Old 2006-02-28, 18:16
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

alright...I know you said has to have a floyd...well first there is this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Jackson-SL...1QQcmdZViewItem

than this one...but it has a floyd:http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-Jackson...1QQcmdZViewItem

this one...very nice: http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Soloist...1QQcmdZViewItem

sorry that its only jacksons...but they caught my eyes first

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2006-03-01, 03:10
overload
New Blood

I am thinking about picking up a copley guitar. Any info.

http://www.simbaproducts.com/

(I know its not a big name brand, I have a limited budget. Any info on if there worth the price you pay for them or not)

Old 2006-03-02, 22:42
Cyberwaste
Senior Metalhead

ESP M-307 or 207, does anybody own one or know where to find one except ebay. Im asking this because im thinking about buying one. Is the neck any different than the H series?

Old 2006-03-03, 10:33
fredrik213
New Blood

For those seeking info on the B.C. Rich Warlock...

I play the platinum pro warlock (with floyd rose tremolo). Even though it is a cheap version of the guitar, I still love the thing more than any other guitar that I have played. For one thing, the BDSM humbuckers get a bad rap. There not as bad as most people say. I get a killer sound from them, even when using my 15 watt Marshall practice amp. Many people do disagree, but I guess most people are sheep! For me, the guitar is amazing...the sound, the neck, and the positioning...(standing up and sitting down)...the damn thing is just perfect! Not to mention easy on the eyes!!!

With that said, I do suggest that you play it before you buy it. But hell, that goes for any guitar!!!

Old 2006-03-03, 16:05
m3talhead666
Senior Metalhead

i got the exact same guitar except that i finally changed my pickups to EMG ZW set because the BDSMs fuckin sucked ass. the guitar is good though and i got used to the neck even though its kinda sticky

Old 2006-03-03, 16:12
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3talhead666
i got the exact same guitar except that i finally changed my pickups to EMG ZW set because the BDSMs fuckin sucked ass. the guitar is good though and i got used to the neck even though its kinda sticky

Yes, BSDM's are PURE ASS, no discussion. I had a pair in my NJ Ironbird and they sounded worse than bees in a tin can, no matter how much I fucked with the EQ. Weak fuzzy pieces of shit. You would expect semi-decent pups in a NJ series guitar since it's better than a Platinum or Bronze.

I put a ToneZone in the bridge and it sure stopped making me want to throw the guitar out the window. But I just sold it and got a Jackson DXMG, fuckerz.

Old 2006-03-03, 18:51
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
I was checking out this ibanez guitar:
RGT42DX Black Pearl

I'm saving up cash already for some other stuff and not sure if i'm gonna buy this guitar, but I wanted to know what you guys thought about it?

Also, has anyone ever had a 5 piece maple/walnut neck, does is sound better than a plain maple neck and is it more stable and strong since its 5 pieces?

I have the model previous to this, the RGT42. I think the only differences are the colours and the fact the DX has sharksteeth inlays whereas mine has dots.

It's a great guitar, but I had a problem with my tremolo (the Edge Pro II) for some reason it kept snapping strings from day one, Low E's and A's and I'm not normally one for snapping strings especially the low ones. There was no apparent burring or sharp edges, but I have since stopped using the tremolo and I use thicker strings for a different tuning (in a different band) and it's fine.

A neck thru guitar by the way, the sides of the body (mahogany) are glued to the wood of the neck. The wood that the neck is made of (maple/walnut) runs right thru to where the rear strap button is screwed in, hence 'Neck-thru'. So there are 3 peices of wood involved. the 2 mahogany 'wings', and the neck's maple which makes up the centre of the guitar body (most of it is routed out for the pickups and the tremolo of course).

The heel is practically non existant for this reason (the heel is so scooped it doens't hit your hand at all while playing in the upper registers), and so the upper fret access is perfect.

I changed the pickups right away though, to brand new EMGs so all the electronics were replaced, so I can't really comment on that. The pickups were ok, but for that price range, they are only ever going to be "ok".

It's a good guitar, but I was concerned with the bridge. Being a new design, you can't simply replace it with an Original Floyd Rose/schaller trem, because the cavities are slightly different shapes. I haven't heard if the string breaking problem happened to anyone else with that guitar.

Old 2006-03-04, 07:17
m3talhead666
Senior Metalhead

My next guitar is gonna be an ibanez 350dx, looks really close to the Jem except no monkey grip, no Evos... and no vine inlays. Its still fucking amazing!

also no lion claw for trem cavity

Last edited by m3talhead666 : 2006-03-04 at 07:30.

Old 2006-03-04, 14:56
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213
I have the model previous to this, the RGT42. I think the only differences are the colours and the fact the DX has sharksteeth inlays whereas mine has dots.

It's a great guitar, but I had a problem with my tremolo (the Edge Pro II) for some reason it kept snapping strings from day one, Low E's and A's and I'm not normally one for snapping strings especially the low ones. There was no apparent burring or sharp edges, but I have since stopped using the tremolo and I use thicker strings for a different tuning (in a different band) and it's fine.

A neck thru guitar by the way, the sides of the body (mahogany) are glued to the wood of the neck. The wood that the neck is made of (maple/walnut) runs right thru to where the rear strap button is screwed in, hence 'Neck-thru'. So there are 3 peices of wood involved. the 2 mahogany 'wings', and the neck's maple which makes up the centre of the guitar body (most of it is routed out for the pickups and the tremolo of course).

The heel is practically non existant for this reason (the heel is so scooped it doens't hit your hand at all while playing in the upper registers), and so the upper fret access is perfect.

I changed the pickups right away though, to brand new EMGs so all the electronics were replaced, so I can't really comment on that. The pickups were ok, but for that price range, they are only ever going to be "ok".

It's a good guitar, but I was concerned with the bridge. Being a new design, you can't simply replace it with an Original Floyd Rose/schaller trem, because the cavities are slightly different shapes. I haven't heard if the string breaking problem happened to anyone else with that guitar.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably get the DX version of it and swap the stock pickups for an X2N/PAF Pro combo instead. I was actually thinking about changing the bridge to an OFR, but when i played one I realized the bridge cavity was smaller so it won't fit. But I've heard that the Edge Pro trems are the next bext trem aside from the OFR. But still, this sounds like a damn good guitar.

Old 2006-03-04, 15:01
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
My next guitar is gonna be an ibanez 350dx, looks really close to the Jem except no monkey grip, no Evos... and no vine inlays. Its still fucking amazing!

also no lion claw for trem cavity

I've played one of those. I love the Wizard necks, they're so thin and flat. It's definitely a good guitar to buy IMO.

Old 2006-03-04, 16:09
m3talhead666
Senior Metalhead

what does the dx or ex stand for?

Old 2006-03-04, 16:39
Soeru
Post-whore

Anyone ever played a Jackson KVX10 King V? I'm going to sell my DXMG with original Floyd and get that. I just bought the DXMG but I'm really disappointed cause I can't get used to the body(super-strat). I always thought strats would be more comfortable, but I'm getting cramps from playing it... a shame. I won't be using the Floyd all that much so I guess I'll be fine with another good fixed bridge, so I'm getting a KVX10.

Old 2006-03-04, 21:29
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
what does the dx or ex stand for?

Honestly I'm not really sure. Maybe DEluxe or EXtra? But if the guitar has DX or EX at the end of the model name, i guess it has something extra than the model without the DX or EX.

Old 2006-03-04, 22:07
metal_monkey
Post-whore

Quote:
Anyone ever played a Jackson KVX10 King V? I'm going to sell my DXMG with original Floyd and get that. I just bought the DXMG but I'm really disappointed cause I can't get used to the body(super-strat). I always thought strats would be more comfortable, but I'm getting cramps from playing it... a shame. I won't be using the Floyd all that much so I guess I'll be fine with another good fixed bridge, so I'm getting a KVX10.

you go through alot of guitars dont you shame about it but

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2006-03-04, 23:07
Soeru
Post-whore

Yeah, but it's good to try a lot to find which one clicks with you. Kellys or any explorer-like shapes are perfect for me, but I already own a great playing Kelly which I'm about to put through some serious upgrading... and I don't really want another one that looks like it. I played a V once and I recall that the position was pretty comfortable(although a bit neck heavy due to poorly located strap buttons).

So yeah, I'll get a KVX10. A shame cause I really wanted something with a Floyd and 24 frets, and the only ones I could afford were super-strats, and I can't get used to strat shapes. Can't afford a KV-2 either... anyone know of any other V's that come with Floyds? If not it's cool, I'll get a KVX10 and have it routed for a trem(maybe a Kahler) in the future.

I considered the Dean ML XT Noir cause it has a decent licensed floyd, but the all-black thing looks icky and it's only 22 frets, so it's not what I'm looking for.

Last edited by Soeru : 2006-03-04 at 23:11.

Old 2006-03-07, 10:26
m3talhead666
Senior Metalhead

I was thinking of bidding on a RG350DX with evolution pickups and the guy told me that it costs 400.00-$850.00 to ship the guitar to europe. WTF?!?!?! Is this normal? anyway to those looking for that guitar at a cheaper price go to http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-350-DX-w...1QQcmdZViewItem because its too much to ship to europe

Old 2006-03-08, 13:31
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Honestly I'm not really sure. Maybe DEluxe or EXtra? But if the guitar has DX or EX at the end of the model name, i guess it has something extra than the model without the DX or EX.

I'm not really sure what the differences are, but I do know that the non DX models generally have less features. "Normal" bridge, and dot inlays would be the only real difference. I noticed some play difference between my 370dx and a normal 370. Maybe that was just me though.

Awesome.

Old 2006-03-09, 09:32
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quick question, are there any Ibanez models which have a Wizard I neck, but with a non-floating bridge?

Old 2006-03-18, 10:36
Martinmax
Metalhead

new guitar

ok i want to buy new guitar it will be my first guitar and i like it 24 freets floyd rose and my budget is 400 $

Old 2006-03-18, 11:02
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinmax
ok i want to buy new guitar it will be my first guitar and i like it 24 freets floyd rose and my budget is 400 $

thats an easy one, get an ibanez rg370

i think it will suit your needs. it has a floyd rose type bridge, it has 24 frets and on top of that, it has an amazingly thin super fast neck for your shredding purposes
and plus...it comes in black

Old 2006-03-18, 11:16
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:

normally, rg dx implies that the guitar has sharktooth inlays. however, in this case, i think its a little different. this is beacuse, both the 350dx and the 350ex have sharktooth inlays, and as a result they had to show that they were different guitars in their own way, and i think, becauase of that, they decided to change the name a bit. just so you could differentiate between the two. so i guess thats why they called it ex. to show that its different to the the 350 dx only very slightly.

essentially they are identical guitars. same hardware, same wiring, same features, same wood etc just different appearance.

if you notice, all the dx guitars have sharktooth inlays. and if you notice, there arent any other ibanez ex guitars out there, so thats what i based my theory on

btw, i played the rg350dx the other day, omg, such a nice guitar for the price, its absolutely amazing! i love the neck, the pickups even sounded decent, tho i would still swap them. it looked classy. they frets were just the right size - jumbo. the radius was flat but not too flat and the access to the higher frets is great. i think its a really good guitar.

if i cant get the money for an rg1570 and an emg upgrade, then i will settle for an rg370dx, which is pretty much identicle to the rg350. only differences are the visual appearances, the pickguard, and the fact that the 350 is front routed due to the pick guard and so the tone is slightly different. sounds more "hollow" due to the fact that more wood is take out becasue of the front routing. still sounds good tho!

Last edited by User01 : 2006-03-18 at 11:21.

Old 2006-03-18, 15:26
Martinmax
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
thats an easy one, get an ibanez rg370

i think it will suit your needs. it has a floyd rose type bridge, it has 24 frets and on top of that, it has an amazingly thin super fast neck for your shredding purposes
and plus...it comes in black

ibanez rg370 doesn't have floyd she has edge pro 2 and it is out form my budget she is 420 euro

Old 2006-03-18, 18:19
HermanRi!
Post-whore

well, your not going to get a floyd rose as standard on a guitar under 400 euros!

Old 2006-03-18, 22:39
shred_head45
Metalhead

hey I need help deciding between a Jackson DXMG and a jackson RX10D..I like both, except the rhoads is a bit less comfortable to sit with,,but makes up in looks. can anyone help me out?

Old 2006-03-18, 23:11
Soeru
Post-whore

User01: Yeah you can, but it's not going to be an original floyd that's fo sure, less you got a used DXMG with an OFR like me.

Shredhead, I own a DXMG with an OFR that I'm selling with a case(stays in tune marvelously). The RX10D probably isn't bad but I'm sure my DXMG is way better. Has some dings and scratches, go take a look at my thread(see sig) and take a look at the pics I took of it if you're interested.

Old 2006-03-19, 00:10
shred_head45
Metalhead

alright ill check it out...just woundering though, whats the price range your selling at?

Old 2006-03-19, 05:08
Soeru
Post-whore

Less than the new price, even though it has an OFR(150$) and a case(60$).

Old 2006-03-19, 10:57
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
User01: Yeah you can, but it's not going to be an original floyd that's fo sure

o rite, yea, ino that, i bought a licenced floyd guitar for Ģ130

but, was under the impression that he didnt want licenced floyds because he didnt want an edge pro 2, which in effect is a licenced floyd.

Old 2006-03-21, 21:02
JAMF
Senior Metalhead

Any reccomendations for a new guitar?

Basically I play death metal through a Line 6 amp and a zoom GT-6 pedal. My guitars so far are a Jackson PS-2, Ibanez RG series, Ibanez Ergodyne and an Ibanez thats sort of a cross between an explorer and a iceman.

I'm part exchanging the ergodyne and adding cash to buy the best guitar I can get. As it stands my Jackson has been my long standing favourite. But recently I'm getting tired of it's flaws. The floyd rose bridge is pathetic and the bridge pickup is the only place I don't get hum. The volume and tone knobs make a crackling sound when turned. Overall the guitar feels flimsy as if it is going to break in my hands. What I do like however (and I'm looking for in the new guitar) is that the neck is super-thin and the action is really low so you make the least effort possible when freting notes.

I would like a guitar that has either a fixed bridge or string thru body because I hardly ever use the whammy anyway. The neck must be so thin it feels like there is only the fretboard. I would also like decent pickups without having to buy them seperate, because when it comes to electronics I havent got a clue.

Just to specify even more, if any of you are familiar with Matt wilcox's sound from The Berzerker and Akercocke, then that is pretty much the exact sound I want.

I should add that the specic type of music I'm looking to get into is a lot of sweeping and super fast fret work. (Think Necrophagist). So a guitar that would make learning this style easier would also help.

Thanks!

Old 2006-03-22, 01:29
Soeru
Post-whore

Frankly I think you have some decent guitars, I would highly suggest selling your amp, pedal, and the guitar(s) you don't like as much and invest in a better amp.

Need a good shredder? Buy my DXMG with an OFR.

Old 2006-03-22, 15:13
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Has anyone tried the Rickenbacker 650 series? Would be pretty unusual to use them for metal, but the specs seem good enough. Outrageously fat necks though.

http://www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=650C

http://www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=650S

Old 2006-03-22, 17:35
Soeru
Post-whore

Fat necks suck, I doubt I'll ever see any shredder playing a rickenbacker.

Old 2006-03-23, 11:52
mike j.
Metalhead

fat necks can be harsh indeed. 16th note triplet runs at 250 bpm on a Fender Strat is like instant cramp city. the Rickenbacker necks look similar.

JAMF, your Jackson should have a bolt-on neck. you may be able to get it changed out for a faster one. and the reason your middle and neck pickups buzz and hum is because they're single coil. that's just the way it goes -- they call your bridge pickup a humbucker for a reason. and your tone and volume knobs are probably crackling because they have to be cleaned. it probably wouldn't hurt to get the wiring on it checked, too -- all of which is basic maintenance that any instrument would require. and if your Floyd Rose is pathetic, it may be because it's either licensed and not original (I can't remember off-hand which is on the PS-2), or not set up right for your tuning/intonation/etc.

but if you're dead-set on getting a faster axe with lower action and a speedier neck, ESP/LTD, BC Rich (the American-made stuff, that is), or even higher-end Jacksons may be good places to start looking. and pretty much any custom shop would let you specify neck radius/diameter/thickness/etc., assuming you can afford a custom job. as far as pickups, you can't go wrong with a pair of EMG-81s, or an EMG-81 (bridge) and an EMG-85 (neck). they're active, high output, and everyone who makes metal-friendly guitars deals with EMG, so getting them put in at the factory is pretty easy. a lot of models come standard with 'em.

This may be a bit of what you have in mind.

Old 2006-03-26, 12:05
Licky Webster
Metalhead

http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=35
or maybe
http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=27

Cant make up my mind... any other offers would be great.

Last edited by Licky Webster : 2006-03-26 at 12:11.

Old 2006-03-27, 11:29
JAMF
Senior Metalhead

Cheers mike. I'm going to shop around on my week off. I think I'll try out some EsP's. Just hope I have enough money.

Old 2006-03-28, 02:32
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Korean made JEM?

Im wondering about how these sound/play compared to Japanese models?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...spx?id=52106505

That is the one im looking at.

Im assuming its just a low model of the JEM. I'll have to sell my '90 RG570 to help pay for it, but i really need a newer guitar.

Any thoughts?

Quote:

Old 2006-03-28, 20:03
mortpayne
Senior Metalhead

There probably won't be many answers for this question since it's not direct enough, but just for some small talk.
What kinds of guitars are out there that may look good and have a decent price but I should beware of buying? The thing is, I think I'm going to go to my local music store this Friday and shop around, looking for another guitar (gonna trade mine in). I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to guitar brands and models, so I just wanted to make sure there's no "deals" out there that for one reason or another should be avoided.
As for an idea of what I'll be looking for, I'll want it to be fit image-wise for thrash or death metal (and of course a nice sound, but I fuck with my effects and EQ for that anyway). I have a Fender telecaster right now, which has a few problems and not to mention doesn't have the look I feel comfortable with. So it'll probably be something like a flying V-, explorer-, or warlock-style axe. At least something with a hint of balls. Any suggestions? My price range is 500 bucks.

UPDATE: Indeed, it is Friday, and I bought a new guitar. A black Schecter C1Elite, bitches! With my trade-in, it only cost $320. Pretty kickass. Here's a picture of what it looks like.

Last edited by mortpayne : 2006-03-31 at 19:14.

Old 2006-04-03, 09:14
kurt:ellis
Metalhead

Ok guys , tis time for a new guitar.

I was thinking of going for a 7 String , but im not sure on what companys do alot of Leftys? Ive heard schecter do some decent ones in the blackjack range?

Anyone know where i can get a hold of a lefty 7 string ?

Old 2006-04-05, 01:42
Voodoo_Doll

Wich is better, B.C. Rich or Ibanez?

Old 2006-04-05, 01:48
mortpayne
Senior Metalhead

Both have their ups and downs. You might want to be more specific as to which models, if you have any in mind.

Old 2006-04-05, 03:28
Voodoo_Doll

Im thinking about the the

B.C. Rich PLAT PRO WARLOCK
Or
Ibanez RG MODEL RG350EX

Old 2006-04-07, 16:35
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan
Im wondering about how these sound/play compared to Japanese models?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...spx?id=52106505

That is the one im looking at.

Im assuming its just a low model of the JEM. I'll have to sell my '90 RG570 to help pay for it, but i really need a newer guitar.

Any thoughts?

dude, i hope im not too late. what ever you do! DO NOT buy that guitar. its one of the many fake ibanez guitars available in ebay and the rest of the net. you would be better off buying a squire! whatever you do, keep that rg570, those are great guitars, and a million times better than that fake jem. ALL jemvwh's are made in japan, none are made in korea. the only ''jem'' made in korea is the jem555, and that looks nothing like that.

dude, you will be pissed to find out that you've swapped/sole an rg570 just for a fake ibanez.

Old 2006-04-08, 18:09
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHECTER-C-7-HE...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm bored and want a new guitar. I'm considering that one. Thoughts?

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.

Old 2006-04-17, 01:57
Diminished29
Metalhead

IBANEZ RGT42DX

Definately a guitar I'll be looking into during the next few months. Neck-thru....Mahogany body, Wizard II for around $600. Seems like a pretty good deal and would definately be a step up from my RG270.

I'm just wondering since its not a Prestige would it still be made in Korea even though I wouldn't really consider it a "cheap" model?

I'm just wondering because I know that my RG270 is made in Korea, so far I haven't had a problem with it, but I do know the Prestige's are nice. Just wondering if anyone knows.

============================

If I do go ahead and get it instead of a Prestige again, because of the neck-thru and mahogany body, I also like the shark inlays, does anyone also know if I could replace the Edge II pro with a Edge Pro from a Prestige? I'd also be getting some EMGs as well so I couldn't give a rats ass about what pickups it has.
Crate GTX 112w
============
Tunes:

The Absence, Into Eternity, Darkest Hour, Locust Factor, Astral Gates, Shred of Hope, This Time Its War, Mastodon, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, Quo Vadis, Kalmah, Nightrage, Gates of Ishtar, Carcass, Atheist, Death, Suffocation, A Misery Memoir At The Gates, 3 Inches of Blood, Necrophagist, Psycroptic, Nile, Unearth, The Black Dahlia Murder, Metallica, Megadeth

Old 2006-04-19, 02:49
Young Drummer
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Doll

Or
Ibanez RG MODEL RG350EX

i can sell you a plt pro warlock for 500usd

Old 2006-04-19, 06:44
m3talhead666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Doll

Or
Ibanez RG MODEL RG350EX

I would get the ibanez because of its wizard neck, the good quality edge floating bridge and better construction

Old 2006-04-20, 22:05
Mapex7string
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Yes, BSDM's are PURE ASS, no discussion. I had a pair in my NJ Ironbird and they sounded worse than bees in a tin can, no matter how much I fucked with the EQ. Weak fuzzy pieces of shit. You would expect semi-decent pups in a NJ series guitar since it's better than a Platinum or Bronze.

I put a ToneZone in the bridge and it sure stopped making me want to throw the guitar out the window. But I just sold it and got a Jackson DXMG, fuckerz.

Hey man how would you describe the tonezone? I plan on buying a new guitar here, and im going with either a tonezone or x2n for the bridge position on it. Thanks

Old 2006-04-22, 22:57
mctriple
Senior Metalhead

tone zones rock. i've got the tone zone / air norton combo in my rg 570 and have no complaints. the TZ is fairly high output (about as high as an evolution.. definitely not as hot as an x2n). nicely responsive.. hard attacks are heavy and soft attacks are nice and clean. has a nice, fat sound overall imo. fat, heavy bass, but not muddy at all.

Old 2006-04-25, 20:37
Martyr_Material
New Blood

Suggest me a guitar

I just want something really simple, one humbucker at the bridge, tremelo, good deal for the price.

Old 2006-05-04, 22:38
Diminished29
Metalhead

Best bang for the buck that I can think of off the top of my head is an Ibanez RG1570 with the Edge Pro Trem. Edge Pro II, Edge III, TRS trems all suck from my experience, thats why I never use mine on my RG270 for it going outta tune. The Ibanez RG1570 is just what their calling the "new" RG570s now to my understanding.

Here is a RG1570 on ebay with EMG's http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-RG1570-P...yphot ohosting

Also, check out ebay for some older Ibanez Prestige RG570 models with the Edge trems as well. Here are two that you should DEFINATELY check out especially the silver one as the seller has a lot more positive feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-RG570-RG...yphotohos ting - $249

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-RG570-RG...yphotohos ting - $325
Crate GTX 112w
============
Tunes:

The Absence, Into Eternity, Darkest Hour, Locust Factor, Astral Gates, Shred of Hope, This Time Its War, Mastodon, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, Quo Vadis, Kalmah, Nightrage, Gates of Ishtar, Carcass, Atheist, Death, Suffocation, A Misery Memoir At The Gates, 3 Inches of Blood, Necrophagist, Psycroptic, Nile, Unearth, The Black Dahlia Murder, Metallica, Megadeth

Old 2006-05-05, 04:15
m3talhead666
Senior Metalhead

that 1570 with emgs is fucking sweet!!!! if only i had the money...

Old 2006-05-05, 12:27
Diminished29
Metalhead

^Your not telling me anything

I'm not worried though, I'll be getting a little something later on this year.
Crate GTX 112w
============
Tunes:

Old 2006-05-16, 21:09
fourth_horseman
New Blood

Quote:
300€ is like $420. ackson JS30 series(available as a V, RR, Warrior, Kelly, or Dinky with a Floyd Rose) go for $300 new, and you'd still have enough left over for some new pickups.

yea, but if you get a $300 or $420 jackson with a floyd rose tremlo, you take the risk of it falling apart within a few years...

Old 2006-06-24, 02:39
Hippy :)
Metalhead

does anyone here know what a rg42 plays and sounds like...and if so played with duncans it?
not sure what duncans yet, but hey jsut wonderin.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6020618890589721136&q=jim+carrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Sweep picking is like having sex with a virgin. You've got to start out slow and pay attention. Don't get blood on the bed. Don't hurt her too much. Make sure the condom dosen't tear. Keep asking if she's "okay".

Old 2006-06-24, 03:15
*insert name here*
Jono

You mean guitfiddle?

Old 2006-06-24, 03:57
metal_monkey
Post-whore

haha YES i found a buyer for my magum strat copy, i get $180 WOOOOO

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2006-06-24, 04:02
*insert name here*
Jono

Now you can get a second hand squire or a monterey for that cash.

Old 2006-06-24, 04:03
metal_monkey
Post-whore

YES WHAT IVE ALWAYS WANTED!!!

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2006-06-24, 04:04
*insert name here*
Jono

what guitar will you get?

Old 2006-06-24, 04:04
metal_monkey
Post-whore

i dunno ill save it up and horde money for a new amp

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2006-06-25, 09:42
Metalhead

sorry if this has been posted. I looked through some of this thread and didn't see anything. What's a good guitar for a beginner more or less?

Aria Stratocaster's any good? found one for a good deal

Last edited by guest : 2006-06-25 at 10:06.

Old 2006-07-09, 10:28
Sythke21
Metalhead

Hey guys,
Ive been playing under 18months, but have finally decided to upgrade from my first guitar (a 2nd hand ibanez 350ex from ebay ) which ill still keep for lower tunings and such.

Im pretty lost for what to look for in a good guitar, im willing to spend between $1-2K Aus.

I mainly play metal, and its many varities, ive had a play on some of my freinds newer model ibanez's, and they feel alot nicer and smoother to play then my current one.Not nessecary but i would like it to have 24 frets, a floating bridge, and i love those flying V shaped guitars.

Also my current ibanez has emg's 81/85 in them, and although i love the sound of them, its annoying to replace the batteries every 3-4 weeks. Ive heard that once you get into the top of the range guitars with the really nice woods, that passive pickups sound better then actives.
As you can probably tell im lost as. some advice please!
thanks.

Old 2006-07-09, 13:50
Slabbefusk
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

Every 3 or 4 weeks? What kind of battery is that? I change my batteries maybe 2-3 times a year!

Old 2006-07-09, 16:29
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabbefusk
Every 3 or 4 weeks? What kind of battery is that? I change my batteries maybe 2-3 times a year!

I bet he doesn't unplug the lead when not playing!

Unplugging the guitar lead switches off the Preamp otherwise it is turned on and the batteries will drain.

But also, it helps to use good quality alkaline batteries.

Old 2006-07-10, 00:17
Sythke21
Metalhead

yep i can notice a large decrease in tone after 3-4 weeks, i use expensive alkaliene batteries and i always leave my cord unplugged. i think it might be because theres a short circuit, since i did all the wiring myself and its pretty dodgy. gonna get it checked out by a pro sometime...
anyway back to my question ?

Old 2006-07-23, 16:15
Martinmax
Metalhead

ok i have 400 euro and im need to buy new guitar and whant to be jackson. So i want 24 freet floys rose and some good metal pickups

Old 2006-07-24, 04:07
Frozen Soul
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Since my last thread was loccked. Sorry, Jesus fucking christ. I am asking once again what would be a good guitar to use for shred. What did Jason Becker use?

Old 2006-07-24, 04:38
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

he used some Carvin guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.

Old 2006-08-13, 05:23
Jr5spd
New Blood

Anyone play or have any comments about the Schecter Damien 6?

I should be picking one up in a week or so. Just curious to see what others have to say about this guitar.

(not buying it off here, but here is the picture and specs)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...itar?sku=513102

Last edited by Jr5spd : 2006-08-13 at 05:25.

Old 2006-08-14, 18:34
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

really nice this guitar, i like the inlays and the body form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.

Old 2006-08-16, 04:34
Jr5spd
New Blood

Yeah, its a really bad ass looking guitar. i was just wondering if anyone had any comments to say about it. Anything good or Bad...

Should be here tomorrow or the next day!

Old 2006-09-10, 23:07
UnstatisfiedDesire
New Blood

ok so i need an average/good guitar that would suit death/grind metal kind of music with 24 frets, tremolo bar and that would cost around maybe 800$CA(around 600$ US i think). any (detailed) suggestions?

cheers

Old 2006-09-14, 12:03
kurt:ellis
Metalhead

Guys , Just need a quick input from those of you who've played a Jackson.
Is the Jackson DK2 worth the money? also , if you have any pics of them in transparent red can you put them up so I can see?

Old 2006-09-18, 23:12
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

Hey guys, im curious, what do you think of this guitar?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/pr...ku=513103%2e974
(with floyd rose)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/pr...ku=513102%2e974
(without floyd)

I think theyre the same guitar, just the floyd rose. This will be my first guitar upgrade from a crapstrat and was recommended schecter by my cousin. I only want to spend around 400 or 500 on a guitar at most and this is what was on the guitar center website. I went to go try it out at guitar center, but they didnt have it, so I tried some other similar schecters/others and I thought they were pretty nice...

Oh yeah, Ive never dealt with FRs much in the past, all I know is when I tried to change the strings on one I failed miserably. Is it hard to learn?

And yes I know someone just brought this guitar up, but if anyone has any more input I would appreciate it

Old 2006-09-19, 00:48
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death By Monkeys
Hey guys, im curious, what do you think of this guitar?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/pr...ku=513103%2e974
(with floyd rose)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/pr...ku=513102%2e974
(without floyd)

I think theyre the same guitar, just the floyd rose. This will be my first guitar upgrade from a crapstrat and was recommended schecter by my cousin. I only want to spend around 400 or 500 on a guitar at most and this is what was on the guitar center website. I went to go try it out at guitar center, but they didnt have it, so I tried some other similar schecters/others and I thought they were pretty nice...

Oh yeah, Ive never dealt with FRs much in the past, all I know is when I tried to change the strings on one I failed miserably. Is it hard to learn?

And yes I know someone just brought this guitar up, but if anyone has any more input I would appreciate it

My Schecter, a lefty C-7 Blackjack, has just a bridge and through-body string system. And I'm fine without tremolo, I've learned to do lots of tremolo-like stuff with my fingers. And my guitar's remained in tune for months now. I even check it, and yep, she's still singing a perfect low A.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Last edited by Unanything : 2006-09-19 at 01:15.