MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2006-03-22, 18:19
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Low Tech, if you're at all concerned with the name of that song by Korn, it's Shoots and Ladders. The whole song is nursery rhyme lines practically. It is pretty stupid, but I'm a fan of Korn's oldest stuff.

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.

Old 2006-03-22, 18:19
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Phil collins, but damn can the bassist grooove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2006-03-22, 18:39
low-tech
Post-whore

phil collins wrote a song about a friends murder "i can feel it comming in the air tonite.....woh wo ho" thats another one

also pat benetar: invincible, the legend of billy jean song, awesomely bad 80's

devo: that mongoliod song, devo rules but its rarely played on the radio

talking heads: psycho killer

peter gabriel:any song from the 80's, those mtv videos were amazing

ahooo werewolf in london!!

im gonna stop now coz i can keep on going forever about 80's music

Last edited by low-tech : 2006-03-22 at 18:41.

Old 2006-03-23, 18:36
Requiem
Post-whore

DragonForce
and all of that old funk with the awesome bass lines

Old 2006-03-23, 19:20
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

dude parliament is the shit. im goin to see them in april WITH BOOTSY COLLINS. damn, i am so excited. don't be ashamed, bump that funkadelic with pride.

Old 2006-03-24, 18:31
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertonshfits
Nirvana, Alexisonfire.

Nirvana

Old 2006-03-24, 19:14
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Tool.

Ok, A Perfect Circle too. But as for non-metal that's it, I can't listen to anything else. I'm sorry, MT, I'm sorry

Old 2006-03-24, 19:18
mortpayne
Senior Metalhead

I've got a Simon and Garfunkel CD. And upon occasion...I actually listen to it. Beat that! Not to mention Randy Newman. And various techno songs. And strangely a gregorian chant album. Don't ask. I could go on, but I only wanted to contribute a portion of my lameness, not try to make myself look like a total douche.

Old 2006-03-24, 19:32
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Nirvana

You shouldn't be talking with that shitty avatar.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-03-24, 22:15
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

im not ashamed of any of the music i like, if you dont like the bands i listen to, fuck you, dont listen. although, when asked, i always considered maroon 5 my dirty little secret band.

Old 2006-03-24, 22:58
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpayne
I've got a Simon and Garfunkel CD. And upon occasion...I actually listen to it. Beat that! Not to mention Randy Newman. And various techno songs. And strangely a gregorian chant album. Don't ask. I could go on, but I only wanted to contribute a portion of my lameness, not try to make myself look like a total douche.

I like techno to man, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Everything is funny you just gotta look at it the right way.

Quote:
You know I believe in a ruling class, particuarly since I rule.

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2006-03-25, 03:30
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
maybe shitty but that band is horrible

Yeah, well fuck off in this thread. It's called "Bands That You're Ashamed To Like" not "I'll tell you that I listen to this shitty band so you can tell me how much they suck"

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-03-25, 03:41
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Slipknot.

My girlfriend likes them. There is a song on the most recent album with soem killer pinches in them. where it's played in my local club, I always find I'm air guitaring those pinch harmonics.

Damn.

Nah,they are ok. VERY overated, but ok.

Old 2006-03-25, 05:37
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

^ no doubt those guitar players are talented, but i wont continue this sentence.

hmm i was rockin some michael jackson earlier, also manowar (homoerotic to the max)

Old 2006-03-25, 21:34
deadnight_warrior
Senior Metalhead

AVENGED SEVENFOLD, basically because of their image

Old 2006-03-25, 22:59
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

You're ashamed of listening to Tool, John? Fairy.

It's real cute that you people are embarassed by the music you like after listening primarily to a genre that's considered a flag for deviant behavior. Even after all these years, that still gets me.

Old 2006-03-25, 23:03
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

story of the year sounds amazing in my car stereo (with subs) very good bass

What else.... oh ya marilyn manson - vovoid, one song from him i actually thought was decent. the chorus line kind of ruins it though.

how about Anberlin, a few songs from them ive been listening to.

Song #12 on Billy Talent's album, all the other ones are horrid

Deftones - lots of their songs are pretty damn good.

Korn - Here to stay, very good song... one of the only ones i like from them.

WOHOOOOO POST NUMBER 666... too bad its on a lame topic

Last edited by MorbidGuitar : 2006-03-25 at 23:35.

Old 2006-03-25, 23:45
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
dude parliament is the shit. im goin to see them in april WITH BOOTSY COLLINS. damn, i am so excited. don't be ashamed, bump that funkadelic with pride.

You lucky cunt! i really dig Parliament (Funkadelic, P-funk) dennis chambers is the master on drums, and well bootsy collins is a total legend, some great funk basslines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2006-03-25, 23:47
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

hell yea. they come every year to austin, but this year is special because its the 30th anniversary of mothership connection-therefor, we get boootsy.

Old 2006-03-26, 19:28
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

System of a Down. 2 years ago, I wouldn't be so ashamed, but after hearing Mezmerize (spelling?), sort of killed it for me.

Old 2006-03-26, 19:34
Mayhem
Senior Metalhead

although alot of people around where i live dislike this band, i think lamb of god is actually an OK band....i dont mind listening to there tunes every once and awhile and im actually looking forward to seeing them in the summer when they come here with slayer, although im still much more excited to see slayer for my first time

Old 2006-03-26, 19:39
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem
although alot of people around where i live dislike this band, i think lamb of god is actually an OK band....i dont mind listening to there tunes every once and awhile and im actually looking forward to seeing them in the summer when they come here with slayer, although im still much more excited to see slayer for my first time

I hate to be that one guy that everyone can't stand, but.... how the hell can anyone not like Lamb of God? They're like one of the best metal bands out there today.

Old 2006-03-26, 20:14
Mayhem
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
I hate to be that one guy that everyone can't stand, but.... how the hell can anyone not like Lamb of God? They're like one of the best metal bands out there today.

i definetly would NOT say they are the best out there today, but they are a good band....and there drummer chris adler does do some pretty cool stuff on his kit...

Old 2006-03-26, 21:01
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
System of a Down. 2 years ago, I wouldn't be so ashamed, but after hearing Mezmerize (spelling?), sort of killed it for me.

hah, yeah. they were my favorite band at one point, then I started discovering real metal and still kinda liked them, and then mesmerize was one of the shittyest albums that I listened to all the way through.. then I just stopped liking SOAD all together.

Priceless!

Old 2006-03-27, 23:20
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

They're good, but the production sound is shit IMO. Its all MID, pretty damn clear, but its got that headache tone to it.

Old 2006-03-28, 00:46
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

i am currently listening to the cure. ha. not necessarily the most metal moment i have ever experienced

Old 2006-03-28, 14:47
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
hah, yeah. they were my favorite band at one point, then I started discovering real metal and still kinda liked them, and then mesmerize was one of the shittyest albums that I listened to all the way through.. then I just stopped liking SOAD all together.

It's like they switched from what they were in their albums before mesmerize and became more pop than metal it seems.

Old 2006-03-28, 14:56
mortpayne
Senior Metalhead

Something about SOAD's debut self-titled album is pretty fucking good in my opinion. Although I haven't heard it in forever, it had some pretty weird and at times heavy material on there. Toxicity is where their shit started changing in my opinion. Because of that goddamn Chop Suey shit they became popular and started...well, they ended up with Mesmerize two albums later, so there ya go. All I ever tell people who ask me about SOAD is, "Get their first album. It's the only one that doesn't make you feel like you just got prison-raped by a Turkish boyband."

Old 2006-03-28, 15:45
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

ill admit i liked SOAD like 4 or 5 years ago or something. my favorite song by them is still "peep hole." however, they are way over-rated

Old 2006-03-28, 20:03
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Something about SOAD's debut self-titled album is pretty fucking good in my opinion. Although I haven't heard it in forever, it had some pretty weird and at times heavy material on there. Toxicity is where their shit started changing in my opinion. Because of that goddamn Chop Suey shit they became popular and started...well, they ended up with Mesmerize two albums later, so there ya go. All I ever tell people who ask me about SOAD is, "Get their first album. It's the only one that doesn't make you feel like you just got prison-raped by a Turkish boyband."

They aren't Turkish...
I think the reason SOAD has such a widespread fan base is because they are extremely original. Nobody had that sound when they first came out. Their man vocalist has a signature voice. I still like most of their stuff, but I hardly listen to them anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-03-28, 20:07
mortpayne
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
They aren't Turkish...

Really? That's just what a friend of mine said. Doesn't surprise me that he's wrong, though. What are they? (I originally thought they were American simply with a different background)

Old 2006-03-28, 20:10
The Execrator
Noob lud

They're Armenian to be exact. I forget all the details but Turkey killed loads of Armenians in the past. The song PLUCK(Politically Lying Unholy Cowardly Killers) is about it. I have no idea how I still remember what it stands for, haha. I'm pretty sure SOAD are still banned from playing in Turkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-03-28, 21:17
mortpayne
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
They're Armenian to be exact. I forget all the details but Turkey killed loads of Armenians in the past. The song PLUCK(Politically Lying Unholy Cowardly Killers) is about it. I have no idea how I still remember what it stands for, haha. I'm pretty sure SOAD are still banned from playing in Turkey.

I didn't realize it until now, but what you just said is in fact what my friend said. I'm the one that mixed it up.
Damn my pathetic memory and such!

Old 2006-03-29, 01:57
low-tech
Post-whore

Quote:

the armenian genocide, started around 1915, all christian minorities,pagans were to be deported or else. 1.5 armenians were killed, 1 million greeks deported and somewhere between 500,000 and 1 million vanish,most likely killed. 750,000 assyrians killed.

to this day turkey denies any responibility, anyone critical of these events whether they are artists,journalist,etc can face arrest within thier borders. turkey takes this very seriously.

Old 2006-03-29, 15:48
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

im not ashamed about it, but i do love chopped n screwed rap. mmmm. swisha house it the shit. also, old school r&b like barry white and al green chopped n screwed is phenominal

Old 2006-03-29, 15:56
mortpayne
Senior Metalhead

As far as rap goes, like most people here (I would assume anyway), I can't stand it. But I feel like kicking myself after my friend played "You Already Know" from the Get Rich Or Die Tryin' soundtrack and I didn't force him to shut it off. I actually thought it was half-way decent. It was kind of catchy or something. But it still annoyed me. Zach De La Rocha is the only hiphop I'll take. And if it ain't got Tom Morello chucking away those groovy riffs in the background, I still might shut it off. Unless it's Weird Al. Whether it's polka, hiphop, or poprock (or some fucked up mix of the three), he's always excused.

Old 2006-03-29, 16:31
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

i like a lot of hip-hop and a little rap. whats the difference?? one is intelligent and the other is gangsta.

a tribe called quest
braintax
bone thugs n harmony- (it will convert any nay sayers of rap. just listen to east 1999 eternal)
three-six mafia
swisha house shit.
tupac
biggie

in fact, its hard to find a genre where i dont like at least a couple groups, with the exception of pop-punk

Old 2006-03-29, 17:16
low-tech
Post-whore

i heard some of this uk grime stuff for the first time. it was some college radio show. the stuff rules, its totally wierd and distinct from us rap, i have a feeling this genre is gonna get big

Old 2006-03-29, 17:30
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

yea. braintax is my fav underground uk rap. its really neat stuff. however, i hate the streets

Old 2006-03-29, 19:46
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
Unless it's Weird Al. Whether it's polka, hiphop, or poprock (or some fucked up mix of the three), he's always excused.

Priceless!

Old 2006-03-30, 02:09
LameExcuse
New Blood

Trivium

Old 2006-03-30, 02:24
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

im goin to see mike jones this saturday. 10 bucks

http://www.fresh99.com/mike-jones-ninja-turtle.htm

hahha

Last edited by moe_blunts : 2006-03-30 at 21:14.

Old 2006-04-01, 02:26
Hippy :)
Metalhead

THREE 6 MAFIA IS SATANIST!!!
listen to stay fly and listen to the background singer (girl) she sings lucifer is my king or some shit like that.
fuckin right doggy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6020618890589721136&q=jim+carrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Sweep picking is like having sex with a virgin. You've got to start out slow and pay attention. Don't get blood on the bed. Don't hurt her too much. Make sure the condom dosen't tear. Keep asking if she's "okay".